Haan offered a free gift to their customers on or about February 2014 to encourage them to write a review. It is possible that reviews during the term of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward.

SYDNEY

• 12 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Not Great! Bit expensive for the quality of the product!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

It seems the product has been over rated!
It was ok, a bit heavier than described.
It doesn't have enough steam!
Need to change two pads and two tanks to clean entire floor. It is easier than using a mop with a bucket of water!
Over priced for the result I get!

• 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Are these reviews real???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I dont know who has reviewed the mop but I've had it for over two months now and it is terrible.
Very little heat from the mop and doesnt even clean up basic things off the floor.
The unit cant even clean up chocolate or jam off the floor.
I dont know how Haan get away with it but I do not recommend anyone buying this because you will just be wasting your money.
Haan should hang their head in shame for selling such a false product to consumers and then pretending it has the best rating from real consumers.
I wonder what the ACCC will say if they tested it themselves. Did I get a dud model perhaps, who knows because their distributor in Melbourne dont care and would even talk to us when we tried to return it, claiming not to speak English or not understand the problem.
Doesnt work, dont waste your money and forget about after sales support if anything does go wrong.
By the way, look out for the 30 day money back guarantee if you do end up buying one becasue you will need to return it for a full refund. Shame Haan, Shame!

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Love Love Love IT

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2016

I hated mopping my floor. It was so time consuming and tiering. But once I started using my HAAN SI-A70 it takes me 1/3 of the time to mop a double story house. It doesn't taker a lot of effort or scrubbing to get it clean. It also only takes a few seconds for the mop to heat up. The only thing I would like to see improved would be the water tank. I would have liked it to be a little bigger as It takes one tank to be refilled 2 times when cleaning both levels of the house.

ADELAIDE

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Cleaning is so much easier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

The steamer has made cleaning our floors so much easier and quicker, and leaves the floor completely dry. Would strongly recommend the multi-purpose steamer so that you can use the smaller part to clean the shower, etc. Replacing and washing the pads is easy. Very reasonably priced as well. Great product!

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Love my new mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

I have recently used another brand of steam mop (expensive) and was constantly having to renew the filter at big cost. This cleaner only lasted for 2 years.
I love this new Haan steam mop so easy to use and very efficient, does not leave the floor soaking wet, and is very maneuverable.

Dayboro

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

New user

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2016

in recent years I have used other bands from expensive to cheap, they all had a similar problem, excessively wet floors, I generally used the celing fans to help dry them. I have used the Haan A70 twice now, water consumption is down by atleast half which accounts for the quicker drying, the floors look better and with markedly less streaks.

I fine my unit requires more energy to move it, maneuverability is good, I guess the energy required is associated with the floor not being as wet, I have not found the need to change the cleaning pad every 10 minutes as suggest, I have changed them after the second tank (40 minutes) only because the suggest is 10 minutes.

Cleaning the pads was easy, under 65 degree water, using a nylon brush, about 1 - 2 minutes per pad.

Presently I am happy with my choice

Purchased at: Online Computer

Long Point, NSW

Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Couldn't be Happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

I've had this mop for 2 years now and it's been fantastic. Great maneuverability, haven't had to change the pads yet (washable). The amount of money I spent on cheap-n-nasty steam mops far out ways this one, should have bought this in the first place!

It does make a weird knocking sound but don't be worried it's the machine working it's magic. Make sure that you empty the water tank as this will prolong the life of the product.

Date Purchased: Sep 2013

Works ok but beware of cheap water tank...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2016

The water tank cracks and leaks pretty quickly. I am on my third in less than three years. The plastic they are made of seems pretty cheap. The small rubber seal in the lid of the water tank also failed requiring a lid replacement. Otherwise it does the job. I like that it's easy to maneuver into tight spaces. It won't stand on it's own, so needs to be leaned into a corner when unattended.

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Love this steam mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

Brought this steam mop direct from Haans website after reading reviews on this site and i have to say im very happy with the quality.
Mopping has become easier, steams up very quickly and is very easy to manouver around the house. Dries very fast, i dont think i could fault this mop.
The company is also great to deal with as my scrub brush was missing after a quick email to them they replied back to me in 10 minutes and 2 days later i received the brush. Would reccomend it to anyone.

• 5 helpful votes

Broke down !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2016

I was looking for a steam mop after research and all the good reviews bought one,it did work for 2 years and now it does not steam,the pads also does not last either,will not buy this product again will buy another brand very disappointing after I gave them a 5 star when new.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Winston Hills

• 4 helpful votes

Happy with the results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

I had a different steam mop that I used for a few years, but went back to the Sabco and doing it the hard way, until I started researching for a new mop. I tend to check a lot of forums before purchasing and so took the plunge & bought purchased the HAAN SI-A70 a few months back. Waited a while before adding my comments, as I wanted to make sure it would keep repeating it's wonderful performance. I am really happy with the results that I am getting with this steamer and it does not take long before you can walk on the tiles as the tiles dry much faster with the HAAN. We have a new home with lots of tiling and it tends to show up the marks a lot, but I have been really happy with the results.

Mackay

• 7 comments
  • 1 question
  • 10 answers
  • 22 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Happy with what I paid for.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

I've had three steam mops in the past 10 years. The first a Monster, the 2nd a H20 (gifted by family) and the third a HAAN. The HAAN is being used three times a week for 6 months and is still going strong.

For what you get and the price. This is great. I loved my monster mop, but the head was too bulky, I couldn't detatch anything and steam walls ect. When the tank busted my mum sent me a H20 (she bought one and got one free). I was skeptical about the quality. Hers busted within months and mine held on for a good two years. In this time I fell in love with multi Purpose floor steamers. When the H20 gave up on itself I searched and searched till I found something that was within our price range and have the versatility of using it on the floor and as a handheld.

Good:
Cheap - When comparing to other brands on the market with similar features - this came up on top for bang for buck - who cares if its Chinese made? If it holds up to the workload why wouldn't I buy this over a more expensive brand??
Swivel and wide head (much bigger than the H20 - around the same size as the monster) Cleans larger floor area faster and is easy to maneuver
Can refill water tank without having to let the machine cool - SO good. Nothing worse than waiting around for your monster mop to cool, getting impatient, unscrewing the cap and having steam explode from the tank.
No need to use demineralized water - use straight from tap
Comes with a heap of lime scale remover packets (they recommend running one through once a month)
Does a great job steaming the shower while using it handheld - steam is strong enough to get up lime scale, mould and even calcium buildup around tap when using the brush
Pads are built to last - hold up great in the washer. I have also substituted my monster mop pads on this on the days my HAAN pads were drying. Any generic steam mop pad would work
Great customer service throughout purchasing as well as contacting with questions

Bad:
The floor mop doesn't live up to my floor cleaning expectations. Steam is barely visible, and while it leaves the floor dry almost immediately (and practically streak free- ceramic tiles), I find I have to go back and forth in many places. Don't expect to be able to mop up anything stubborn (dried food ect) this mop is only good for liquid marks and the odd light scuff mark. - Hence why I use it three times a week.
Feels heavier that the h20 and monster mops. Took a little to get used to the bulkiness of it.

All in all I am happy with my purchase. Everything seems to be working well. I love the hand held for cleaning my shower - this part has been by far the best. The steam output while using it handheld is great. It puts a good amount of steam out that it saturates the glass - meaning all the soap scum is washed off and I simply follow up with a squeegee and a polish cloth - No chemical needed.
For the floor it does the job, however, get on top of hard solids prior to drying otherwise you'll be on your hands and knees scrubbing.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 18 helpful votes

Not working

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

I bought it because of a good review. Used two times and it's not steaming. I am in process of returning. They should check the quality of the product. Don't buy it. Just do a research. The tank cap broke after first use and after the steamer is not working.

Purchased at: KMate

Mackay

It is worth the money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

I purchased this 3 years ago after reading reviews on this site. I was invited to review straight away but wanted to wait and see. It is a great product no leaks, easy to store, easy to fill water tank. The attachments work well but I haven't used much so I would go for just the floor cleaner in the future. Only problem is large screw comes out but not many times. It may also benefit from a larger cord if you want to do the whole house (I just use an extension cord). It is good to use for someone who cleans tiles at least once a week but doesn't clean grout well if not sealed. The pads have started to not attach but I have not replaced the originals after three years.

Good Sturdy Mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2016

I'm very happy with this mop. The head easily twists to whichever direction you are mopping. We have a mostly tiled house and I just refill the small tank once and I don't really have to replace the pad as I don't mind it being a little damp towards the end of the floors. Dries very quickly.

Wamberal, NSW

• 4 comments
  • 54 helpful votes
Private message

doesn't stand up on it's own

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

very satisfied with the cleaning power and it does leave the floor semi dry. Easy to move around the floor with good swivel action but for the lead keeps getting in the way. I would like to see a larger water tank. I am not happy that it doesn't stand up on it's own when having to stop to move furniture out of the way...falls over and cracks the water tank. Customer service was good with replacing the broken water tanks!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I have to add that I'm up to my 3rd replacement water tank as they seem to crack which is a big disappointment. Cheap plastic?????

this is my 4th complaint....I use this steam mop only every couple of months and here I am again with ANOTHER CRACKED WATER TANK this time without it falling over... causing injury to my fingers! ... read more »

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

It's STILL the best mop I've had :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2016

Well a few months of using the Haan mop & I still love it :) Heats up in 20 seconds & the floor dries within 10 mins and that is NO exaggeration. I don't have any mess or excessive water. I have used the flexible hose to clean some carpet and it worked brilliantly. I can't relate to the comments for it not working properly - the instructions are clear and it's very easy to use. I LOVE this mop :)

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Queensland

Useless - Only worked 2 times

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2016

bought this item from Kmate-australia, worked 2 times. They will refund, but I have to pay to send it back from country queensland to get my $219.00 back. Just for information I bought through PayPal who stated in resolution of case that I have to pay to send it back. When I called Paypal they said you can claim 8 times a year for the refund of goods, but you have to take photos etc, and make a claim for the refund.
Don't buy this product, useless so is the company that sells it.

Verified Purchase

This Steam Mop Does The Job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2016

The HAAN SI-A70 Multi Steam Mop Cleaner is honest! It does everything it professes it can do! I have been steam cleaning our floors for over 10 years, owning a variety of well known brands. After the demise of my last steam cleaner, I purchased this model online. Delivery was very efficient and the instruction manual explained things in a clear and concise manner. This Steam Mop Cleaner gets the job done easily and quickly as it is light weight and versatile. The results are excellent!

Bundy

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Not as good as the hype.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2016

Leaves wet, ineffective mess and takes too long to heat up. Use a mop and bucket you can get a better result. Don't waste your money on cheap Chinese rubbish which doesn't work like it should misleading people it saves time Better if made in Australia. We are capable.. And not totally useless.

2 of 14 pages