Haan offered a free gift to their customers on or about February 2014 to encourage them to write a review. It is possible that reviews during the term of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward.

Love this steam mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

Brought this steam mop direct from Haans website after reading reviews on this site and i have to say im very happy with the quality.
Mopping has become easier, steams up very quickly and is very easy to manouver around the house. Dries very fast, i dont think i could fault this mop.
The company is also great to deal with as my scrub brush was missing after a quick email to them they replied back to me in 10 minutes and 2 days later i received the brush. Would reccomend it to anyone.

Broke down !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2016

I was looking for a steam mop after research and all the good reviews bought one,it did work for 2 years and now it does not steam,the pads also does not last either,will not buy this product again will buy another brand very disappointing after I gave them a 5 star when new.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Winston Hills

Happy with the results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

I had a different steam mop that I used for a few years, but went back to the Sabco and doing it the hard way, until I started researching for a new mop. I tend to check a lot of forums before purchasing and so took the plunge & bought purchased the HAAN SI-A70 a few months back. Waited a while before adding my comments, as I wanted to make sure it would keep repeating it's wonderful performance. I am really happy with the results that I am getting with this steamer and it does not take long before you can walk on the tiles as the tiles dry much faster with the HAAN. We have a new home with lots of tiling and it tends to show up the marks a lot, but I have been really happy with the results.

Mackay

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 10 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Happy with what I paid for.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

I've had three steam mops in the past 10 years. The first a Monster, the 2nd a H20 (gifted by family) and the third a HAAN. The HAAN is being used three times a week for 6 months and is still going strong.

For what you get and the price. This is great. I loved my monster mop, but the head was too bulky, I couldn't detatch anything and steam walls ect. When the tank busted my mum sent me a H20 (she bought one and got one free). I was skeptical about the quality. Hers busted within months and mine held on for a good two years. In this time I fell in love with multi Purpose floor steamers. When the H20 gave up on itself I searched and searched till I found something that was within our price range and have the versatility of using it on the floor and as a handheld.

Good:
Cheap - When comparing to other brands on the market with similar features - this came up on top for bang for buck - who cares if its Chinese made? If it holds up to the workload why wouldn't I buy this over a more expensive brand??
Swivel and wide head (much bigger than the H20 - around the same size as the monster) Cleans larger floor area faster and is easy to maneuver
Can refill water tank without having to let the machine cool - SO good. Nothing worse than waiting around for your monster mop to cool, getting impatient, unscrewing the cap and having steam explode from the tank.
No need to use demineralized water - use straight from tap
Comes with a heap of lime scale remover packets (they recommend running one through once a month)
Does a great job steaming the shower while using it handheld - steam is strong enough to get up lime scale, mould and even calcium buildup around tap when using the brush
Pads are built to last - hold up great in the washer. I have also substituted my monster mop pads on this on the days my HAAN pads were drying. Any generic steam mop pad would work
Great customer service throughout purchasing as well as contacting with questions

Bad:
The floor mop doesn't live up to my floor cleaning expectations. Steam is barely visible, and while it leaves the floor dry almost immediately (and practically streak free- ceramic tiles), I find I have to go back and forth in many places. Don't expect to be able to mop up anything stubborn (dried food ect) this mop is only good for liquid marks and the odd light scuff mark. - Hence why I use it three times a week.
Feels heavier that the h20 and monster mops. Took a little to get used to the bulkiness of it.

All in all I am happy with my purchase. Everything seems to be working well. I love the hand held for cleaning my shower - this part has been by far the best. The steam output while using it handheld is great. It puts a good amount of steam out that it saturates the glass - meaning all the soap scum is washed off and I simply follow up with a squeegee and a polish cloth - No chemical needed.
For the floor it does the job, however, get on top of hard solids prior to drying otherwise you'll be on your hands and knees scrubbing.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 18 helpful votes

Not working

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

I bought it because of a good review. Used two times and it's not steaming. I am in process of returning. They should check the quality of the product. Don't buy it. Just do a research. The tank cap broke after first use and after the steamer is not working.

Purchased at: KMate

Mackay

It is worth the money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

I purchased this 3 years ago after reading reviews on this site. I was invited to review straight away but wanted to wait and see. It is a great product no leaks, easy to store, easy to fill water tank. The attachments work well but I haven't used much so I would go for just the floor cleaner in the future. Only problem is large screw comes out but not many times. It may also benefit from a larger cord if you want to do the whole house (I just use an extension cord). It is good to use for someone who cleans tiles at least once a week but doesn't clean grout well if not sealed. The pads have started to not attach but I have not replaced the originals after three years.

Good Sturdy Mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2016

I'm very happy with this mop. The head easily twists to whichever direction you are mopping. We have a mostly tiled house and I just refill the small tank once and I don't really have to replace the pad as I don't mind it being a little damp towards the end of the floors. Dries very quickly.

Wamberal, NSW

• 52 helpful votes
Private message

doesn't stand up on it's own

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

very satisfied with the cleaning power and it does leave the floor semi dry. Easy to move around the floor with good swivel action but for the lead keeps getting in the way. I would like to see a larger water tank. I am not happy that it doesn't stand up on it's own when having to stop to move furniture out of the way...falls over and cracks the water tank. Customer service was good with replacing the broken water tanks!

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

It's STILL the best mop I've had :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2016

Well a few months of using the Haan mop & I still love it :) Heats up in 20 seconds & the floor dries within 10 mins and that is NO exaggeration. I don't have any mess or excessive water. I have used the flexible hose to clean some carpet and it worked brilliantly. I can't relate to the comments for it not working properly - the instructions are clear and it's very easy to use. I LOVE this mop :)

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Queensland

Useless - Only worked 2 times

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2016

bought this item from Kmate-australia, worked 2 times. They will refund, but I have to pay to send it back from country queensland to get my $219.00 back. Just for information I bought through PayPal who stated in resolution of case that I have to pay to send it back. When I called Paypal they said you can claim 8 times a year for the refund of goods, but you have to take photos etc, and make a claim for the refund.
Don't buy this product, useless so is the company that sells it.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

This Steam Mop Does The Job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2016

The HAAN SI-A70 Multi Steam Mop Cleaner is honest! It does everything it professes it can do! I have been steam cleaning our floors for over 10 years, owning a variety of well known brands. After the demise of my last steam cleaner, I purchased this model online. Delivery was very efficient and the instruction manual explained things in a clear and concise manner. This Steam Mop Cleaner gets the job done easily and quickly as it is light weight and versatile. The results are excellent!

Bundy

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Not as good as the hype.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2016

Leaves wet, ineffective mess and takes too long to heat up. Use a mop and bucket you can get a better result. Don't waste your money on cheap Chinese rubbish which doesn't work like it should misleading people it saves time Better if made in Australia. We are capable.. And not totally useless.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Good product and excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

I bought my steamer in 2014 but hadn't used it very often (maybe 15-20 times), because we still haven't put in the main floor surface which we need it for. I was happy with it, once I realised you need to vacuum the floor first and just finish with the steamer. However, recently it failed to heat up, even though I could hear the pump working. It was out of the one year warranty. I sent an email to the HAAN help line, and received a helpful reply, asking me to send the steamer unit to NSW for repair. I did that at a minor cost and it was returned, fully operational in a couple of weeks. I thought this was excellent service, considering it was no longer covered by warranty.

Maitland

• 10 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Great, convenient and fast.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2016

Pretty awesome little device, I love that it can function as a multipurpose steam cleaner. Heats up real quick and does what it needs to do. Real easy to use. Delivery was also super quick to our regional area.

The only problems I have experienced is that it's really unstable when standing upright and the cord is wrapped up, it's already fallen over once so I try to keep it propped up against something in fear of breaking the body. The additional hose extension also sputters a lot rather than providing a constant stream of steam, like you get straight from the body. I can only assume this is a design fault in combination with physics so it's not a real deal-breaker as the extension is still useful when used with the cleaning sock pad.

Concord West

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

I don't know really....hit and miss

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2016

Had it for over 3 years now but I'm back to the mop and bucket. However after reading these reviews I'll clean the dust off and refire the boiler and see if it is all worth it.
Does it save time? Not really as it can't lift rice or sticky things stucked to my tiles like the mop can......Is it cleaner? Maybe......Can it go to places where the mop can go? Absolutely Not!.......Does it take less effort? Well I'll leave that judgement to you.....Happy Haan? Not too sure. Improvements I would like Haan to make is it needs more steam power firstly and secondly place the handle towards the middle of the steam head so that you can put some downward force to lift off does hard to remove stains and sticky rice or dried out fruit off the floors without going back a million times or having to saturate the damn thing then finally srapping it off. (A mop does it so easily because you can create some downward pressure). Make these improvements then you will have a much better PRODUCT.... Haan steam mop is quite solid and sturdy!!! If these improvements are made I'd throw out the OLD and buy the NEW ANYTIME.

have to be the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2016

I've purchased a couple of other popular brands before and haven't worked. Haan has a dry steam which is great for bedding and carpets doesn't leave things saturated and is quick to use. Haven't used in the bathroom but am sure it will do a great job. Very quick on delivery as we live in WA.

A Black Porcelain Wonder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2016

We have black porcelain tiles in our ensuite and they have been impossible to clean, streak-free, until now. Purchased a Haan SI-A70 last week and put it to the ultimate test! Passed with flying colours - I am absolutely delighted with this product and would highly recommend to anyone in the market

Purchased at: Crazy Sales

Great Product and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2016

Bought this Haan steam mob (Haan SI-A70) 2 years ago and recently having some issues with the pump on and off so i contacted the service department and they decided to give me a demo (almost new) with no charge. what else you can expect from this. Thank you so much. Definitely will buy again.

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2016

Recently purchased this floor steamer. After researching and reading reviews I decided to go with this product. It cleans exactly as it is supposed to. Just hot steam. Leaves a very clean and quick drying area with no streaks. I have a just moved into a new home with a large area of tiled floor. This makes the job very quick and easy. The floors seem to stay cleaner for longer too. Just a quick vacuum and everything is clean again. My original plan was to use the steamer every so often, but it is so easy to use that I do the tile floors every week. Tried the attachments in the bathroom and on the stone bench tops and the tiles, glass and stone came up sparkling. Congratulations to Haan for a very quick delivery. I ordered it online over the Christmas break and it was at my door the first day back after the Public Holiday.

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2016

Easy to assemble. Did a lot of research before I bought it. Excellent reviews for this at a great price. Has a long cord which is good to clean large areas. Easy to push and leaves floors dry unlike my cheapy steam mop from Aldi. Would recommend to anyone in need of a steam mop. Superfast delivery from online website.

Purchased at: Online Computer