Car: 2016 Colorado LTZ Dual Cab

Outstanding tyre wet/dry and on-road/off-road

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

265/65R17 - I reckon I have still got over 10,000km left in these things and I've already clocked up 65,000 in my 2016 Colorado. They have outstanding wet and dry performance on the bitumen, and off road they are great. Sand at Fraser Island, wet clay fire trails in the Blue Mountains and mud in the Snowy Mountains. I have never had an issue. When I need to replace these tyres, I will not be paying over $300 for other brands for the same or maybe even less performance and longevity. Dynapro all the way.

Car: 2011 Ford Ranger PK 4x4

Great tyre without the crazy prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I decided to switch from my usual BF Goodrich to a cheaper tyre on my PK Ranger 4x4. The price was fantastic compared to other brands of similar quality. I have used them off-roading in sand, sharp rocks and mud and found them just as good as my previous tyres. Have treated them poorly but have held up to the abuse. No chips in sidewall at all. Would recommend for anyone looking for a AT tyre but without the crazy price. They are quieter than my previous tyres on the motorway.

Car: 2017 Ranger Wildtrak

Great choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I had these fitted to my Ranger on the recommendation of a friend [ NP 300 ] and have been more than happy with them, nice and quiet on road, handle great in the wet and dry, good off road performance at reduced pressures, am impressed with the wear rate although I do rotate every 10k km's and will more than likely replace them with the same when the time comes.

Car: 202 pajero

Good But Not Perfect

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

These tyres are an all rounds precisions but i had to replace it one time because it failed on a long trip luckily i had one extra in the back so i would get this if your looking for durable tyres but not for mountain trips or going up north good.

Car: 1831 Goldmobile

These Tyres great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

these tyres are the best tyres, i dont know how i havent started using them until i saw them on the shelf at Ebgames. i cannot believe the value for cash money bills. i dont know how i will get to the toilet without these fantastic pieces of round car legs.

Purchased at: Sanity

McLaren Flat

• 7 helpful votes

Car: NX Pajero

Great all rounder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

I have always been one eyed BF Goodrich KO2 as I have had a brilliant run from them but our Pajero was doing mainly city k’s with odd bush trip but decided to try these and have done two big bush trips on them , wet and dry, have about 30% left and have done 60,000 ks so far, bit noisy if they scrub a side but at $250 a corner for 18”, fantastic tyre will buy again .

Taree

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Car: Nissan Navara

Great Tyres

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

I found these tyres to be at a great price, they look great on my car and they handle any terrain quite well. I'm no expert but I think they are worth their price. I use highway, town, country, gravel and dirt roads frequently and the handle each type perfectly.

Mandurah WA

Car: Mazda

Value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I always used the better brand names for my car, but this time I decided I would look at a broader field. So glad I did, excellent value for my money and performance is just the same as top end tyres, I was told road noise might be a bit louder, but to be really honest, I have not noticed.

Car: 1987 TOYOTA HI-LUX 4X4 DIESEL UTE

Wasn't happy at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Had a set of Hankook Dynapro on my 87 Hilux 4x4 work ute that rarely went off road,on a job one day before driving home I noticed a flat tyre, after removal and inspection thinking I might have driven over something I noticed cracks on the tyre wall running across the wall causing the problem,when I ckecked the other three tyres two of them also had cracks,took them back to where I bought them as they only had about 20%wear nearly new, the performance of the tyres I was happy with as far as grip and noise level.The tyre dealer asked me to leave one with him so he can show the Hankook rep when he comes in, WAS NOT HAPPY at all when finally the the tyre dealer informed me that Hankook would only give me 30 % on a pro-rata basis towards a new set, have sold the old ute since with the new set still ok with about 20k km on them, need a set of tyres for my later hilux but will not be risking it with Hankooks.

Sydney

• 1 review

Car: Landrover Discovery and Mitsubishi Pajero

Fit for purpose?

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

I fitted new Hankook Dynapro AT's to my Land Rover Discovery 4 (19") and a few weeks later 3 of them suffered side wall damage on a trip to the Victorian High Country. Two failed at the same time, and with only one spare I had to nurse the car back to a main road and then wait 2 hours for a tow truck to take me back to civilisation. Then I had to wait for replacement tyres to come up from Melbourne (luckily it only took one extra day). \

As these are supposedly 'All Terrain' my experience has me strongly questioning if they are fit for purpose. The tyre dealer argued my case with Hankook, but they said it was nothing to do with their tyres, and dismissed our request for replacements or a refund.

A week later my son, who did the same trip in his car, and who was also driving on new Hankook ATs (17" fitted to his Pajero at my suggestion) discovered two of his tyres had sidewall damage - not quite as bad as mine but still enough that the local tyre dealer pronounced them unsafe.

Neither my son nor myself are hoons - we are both experienced 4WD'rs, and whilst the tracks were certainly challenging, they were no more difficult than we are used to.

So, if you dont take them off road, they might be a good tyre (actually I was quite pleased with them before my off road experience). Off road? 5 brand new tyres written off on one 3 day trip (3 on the first day!) - well I certainly could not recommend them.

Waitui

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Car: Pajero

Great tyres

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

Bought full set of tyres and couldn't be happier. The Pajero handles really well on our gravel roads. Great on the highway too, very little noise from the tyres. Disappointingly we had a puncture in the first 2 weeks, but didn't blame the tyre for that, it was a very sharp piece of blue metal.

Purchased at: Tyresales.com.au

Car: Holden Captiva

purchased new tyres for my holden captiva

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

The tyres are of good quality and have lasted well through wear and tear through sealed and unsealed roads in the far north region travelling from Cairns to Cooktown. Will purchase new tyres of the same brand in the coming months depending on the how long they will last on my vehicle

Car: 2008 Mazda BT50

Out of round

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Fitted a set of 265/75/16 ATM's to my 08 BT50. They were great for around the fist 5K but then started suffering from massive wheel shakes around 80_100kph. Had them balanced twice ( they had problems with this as well) Checked all the usual suspects and replaced shocks/pitman &idler arms, tightened the steering play and no difference. Borrowed a set of rims (same as mine) with some Mickey T's on them and wow....shake has gone. Could not fault them for grip but to deform so quickly and make the ute dangerous to drive just not good enough!

Car: 2000 Nissan Patrol

Very ordinary

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I ended up replacing buying 6 in total before going to something else and all failed as brand new tires, the tire shop told me I was just really unlucky. When the last one split internally and bubbled out in the centre of the tread that was it. Problem was continual punctures on dirt roads. I tried to contact Hankook no reply. I tried to suggest that in 30 yrs of driving dirt roads and 4wd'ing I have never been stuck so many times. Nothing back from them. Ask someone who knows like a tire fitter what's on his car and it won't be these.

Purchased at: Bob Jane T-Marts

Kangaroo Point, Queensland

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Car: Pajero NT

Perfect so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Seems to be a tyre for the job on the Australian roads. Handles well dry and wet tarmac and is superb on various gravel surfaces. I didn't have a chance to take it for a ride in muddy conditions but tread pattern looks promising for an universal road orientated tyre.

Purchased at: Kmart Tyre & Auto Service

Car: Mazda 3

Good for the price.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

I had an accident and had to change the tyre, at a time they had a good deal of buy 3 and get 1 free, I am really happy with the tyres very good quality and reasonable price.
I have the tyres for a while and still working properly, will buy their goods again.

Griffith

Car: Ford Ranger

1st set of new tyres

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Just replaced the original set from factory on y ranger which were B/stone road tyres, The new all terrains feel a little firmer in the ride but that is what i expected , it is the payoff for a tougher more durable tyre carcass ,, Musyt say they look great and am very happy with the price too.

Car: 2005 Prado

Pretty great value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Upgraded from highway tires to these AT tires. Can hardly feel the difference on the road, drive very smooth. Haven't taken them off road too many times but when I have they have been great. No issues or popping tires. Only weird thing is they often look like they're really deflated unless you pump them up really high

Car: 2011 Subaru Forester

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

We had these tyres put on our car last christmas and initially the made a fair bit of road noise but they were quite cheap so I didn't worry too much about them. After a while they settled down and now are really quiet. We also got the same tyres for our Mazda and they seem alright to me. The handling is fine in dry and wet and braking is also fine in the dry and wet. I would buy these again.

Canberra

• 4 helpful votes

Car: 2007 Toyota Hilux

Great priced All terrain tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I find that the Hankook ATM's are just as durable and long lasting as the more expensive BF Goodrich, without the exorbitant price tag. I drive around 45,000kms a year on various terrain and have not had a single problem, which given I'm on my 3rd set of these means I've well and truly tested them.

1 of 5 pages