Filter By:

Shop Location: Boronia Park

Wrong products and left off items

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Ordered 2kg onions and only got two singular onions ($8 worth). Bunch of asparagus ordered and paid for didn't arrive.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Emily, I'm sorry to hear about the missing onions and asparagus in your order. Can you please advise your order number, so we can organise a refund for you and follow this up with the store? Cheers

I have subsequently been in contact with someone from your customer service team and they have refunded me, although its not in my account yet. PP#305174 is the invoice reference number.

Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Emily, I'm glad to hear it. Your refund should take 2-3 business days to process. In the meantime, we'll be looking into this with the store.

sydney

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Shop Location: Potts Point

Rotting Smells Fake Fresh Claim

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I have been several times Harris Farms & they all 'smell' of rotting produce and often really bad odour of rotting fruit & veg in some parts of the store.

I used to be a Market Gardener 20 years and that is NOT how a fruit & veg shop should smell. You can fool consumers but I'm not fooled.

Cumulative fresh market odours are critical for freshness appeal and you cannot cheat. Only fresh produce gives off such an odour.

Harris Farms is not fresh as they CLAIM to be, and competitors such Woolies and Coles are far superior and often much cheaper.

Should have got 1 star but range gets you another star but it's still mostly average and some 'bad {not fresh}' to eat.

From 20 years experience Market Garden to shelf should take 1 day only from picking packing straight into coldrooms distributed next day for display the next day.

FIX the stink so I can buy from you and do the right thing by the hard working Market Gardeners who get little after costs.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi JL, thanks for your review. We're very concerned to hear of your disappointment with the produce quality and cleanliness in our stores. At Harris Farm, we take significant measures to ensure... read more »

Went back there today, WOW 100% improvement, very nice, & nice rare selection of apple cucumbers, pre-genic tomatoes, generally fresher produce with old world market garden feel. etc. Well done. Ex... read more »

• 18 helpful votes

Shop Location: Online

No longer reliable and poor customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

I have been a longtime Harris Farm online customer, and have previously been a big advocate of their service, produce quality and response to any issues.

I cannot understand how things can change so significantly however, to the point that I am now forced to look elsewhere.

I order online for the convenience and I previously used HF because their produce was excellent quality and they were extremely reliable. I usually order every fortnight.

Out of my last 5 orders however, three have not been delivered! Two of those simply didn’t turn up with no explanation and or the other I received a phone call at 9.45pm to say it was so late I wouldn’t get it until around 10.45pm, so would I like it rescheduled for the following day.

This is unacceptable Harris Far, and so different to your previous level of service. I have always done as much of my shopping with them as I can to keep my $$$ away from Coles and Woolworths. Now I don’t know what I will do and will need to look for an alternative.

I have given 2 stars because they deserve something for the grea5 quality of produce (when I actually receive it) however I actually rate them 0 at the moment as I get again didn’t receive my order which I have paid for and I can’t get them on the telephone despite them stating they are available from 9 to 11pm.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Djww, we're terribly sorry to hear the the quality of service you've received from our online team has declined recently. If you could please provide your order number, we will organise for our ... read more »

Hi

My order is #298814.

Harris Farm Markets Official

Thanks Djww. We're investigating this now, and our customer service team will contact you shortly.

Shop Location: Bondi Beach

Frustrating experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Firstly, my delivery was late. It would be nice to get notification if it's going to outside the window or at least some kind of tracking option.
Secondly there was multiple substitutions including toilet paper replaced a pack of pocket tissues. Customer service refunded me but I still don't have products I needed.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Caitlin, I'm sorry to hear that your order was late and you received incorrect items. You should always receive a tracking link for your order, so we'd really like to look into this. We'd also l... read more »

Hi - it's PP#293603

Merrylands

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Shop Location: Online

Never Delivered on given time.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

It’s been 5th time that my online order has arrived later than 10:00 PM which is supposed to be before 10:00PM. And I’m always offered a voucher which I’m not really fancied about. I would rather be happy if they could make my order delivered on time.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi B Ujjwal, we're really concerned to hear that your orders have been consistently late. Can you please let us know your recent order number, so we can investigate this and ensure it doesn't happen again? Cheers

PP#292423, PP#264688, PP#262653
These are some of the order numbers. I got some more, I would love to see this issue fixed as I love ordering from you site. But delay with every orders have forced me seek the alternatives. Thabk you.

Harris Farm Markets Official

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly! We'll look into this now and get back to you soon with what has been done. Cheers

Shop Location: Cammeray

Very disappointing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

A mistake was made on my order and a bag of goods was left behind. On enquiry I was told it would be delivered between 6 and 7pm. I explained it included our dinner so was important it arrived on time or we would make other arrangements. After 7pm I received a phone call saying it was late and would arrive at 7.15pm. At 7.30 I rang again and was told it was 15 minutes away. The missing bag turned up finally at 8pm! I am not impressed. And of top of that the fruit and vegetables selected were not up to the standard I expect from Harris farm. Very disappointing and I am not sure I will use them again as there are other establishments that are more reliable and will rectify mistakes very quickly .

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

HI Kerry, we're really sorry to hear about the late delivery, lack of communication and poor quality produce in your redelivery! That's really not what we strive for at Harris Farm. Can you please ... read more »

It has been reported to the manager and already taken further aparently. I have received a $20 gift voucher as an apology but sadly not until i asked for some sort of compensation. Its something though.

Harris Farm Markets Official

Thanks for getting back to us. That's concerning to hear. I'd really like to take this further and ensure your feedback was followed through. I've just sent you a message now to get some more info.

Verified Customer Shop Location: Online

Delivered on time but Products are missed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Please inform customers the actual amount of items before doing delivery instead of we found the missing products by ourself and called your customer service and we were told they all out of stock at last minutes. Not good online shopping experience compare with other supermarkets. The food is nice tho but the missing products without any notice in advice made it worth less. Wouldn't come back nor recommend to others.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Jessie, thanks for your review. I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't informed of the out of stock items in your order. It's our process to always call customers when the order is being pack... read more »

Shop Location: Cammeray

Grocery variety and quality ok but checkout experience variable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Fresh produce is usually fresher than the equivalent available at the major chains and is well presented. However response to queue surges at checkouts can be lacking. Recommend some combination of additional staff or express lanes for small shopping bundles. This afternoon became frustrated at wait time and left a basket of shopping on one of the unmanned checkout counters!

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Robert, thanks for your review. We're really concerned to hear about the long queue times you experienced at our Cammeray store. That's really not what we want to hear, so we will be escalatin... read more »

Shop Location: Online

Super fast, but random/poor quality products in my delivery.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Normally really like Harris Farm's delivery service but this time the produce was... disappointing. For example, I ordered (and paid for) a pack of full size kumato tomatoes, and instead received a punnet of cherry-sized kumatoes so old that they've wrinkled with dehydration. And my broccoli heads were TINY! Also received two loaves of bread I didn't pay for and won't use (sadly!). On the plus side, the pumpkin pieces were pretty large, which is good news.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Georgia, we're sorry to hear about the poor quality, incorrect and excess items in your order. That's no good! If you haven't already, please send us an email to online@harrisfarm.com.au with yo... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Shop Location: Broadway

Just a recent unhappy experience in Broadway store

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

Hi guys
I have been a loyal customer with Harris farm Broadway for years and I was generally happy with your customer service until today
My mum went to buy some vegetables and she found out three items she bought have been charged for the wrong price. Eggplants, potatos and zucchini are all overcharged by a different price displayed when I went back to get a refund, the lady questioned me why don't u use the green bag for zucchini? Why?! Because first my mum doesn't understand English. Second, all your staffs are supposed to be trained to know the price of different items. It's not the customers job to double check everything on the invoice which I never did. I just trusted your staff but maybe I'm wrong?! Even if it's our fault not to use the green bag for zucchini so you can't charge the right price what's the excuse for eggplant and potato. The lady who did the refund for me didn't say sorry but instead she questioned me??? Out of the whole 42 dollars I spent, I was overcharged almost 10 dollars..

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Claire, we're very sorry to hear about this incident. We have replied to your email as well, and we look forward to hearing from you so we can sort this out with the store.

Wrong or missing products

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

Order arrived minus one item and incorrect replacement of another. Noone called or emailed beforehand as they say they will. I have to say the customer service for online I have found lacking.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Scav, we're sorry to hear that you did not receive your full order and incorrect substitutions. Our Online Team should be contacting you regarding any order issues and we're disappointed to hear... read more »

Shop Location: Online

Go in to the shop if you can.....

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

2nd time doing an on-line order. Selected Sunday to do it as I was super time poor. The delivery time was between 7-10 pm. They came at 10.15 and it was just too late. Some of the stock was over ripe such as the strawberry's and pineapple - both had to be binned! Wouldn't do it every again. Time poor or not, I will forever select my own fruit and veg!

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Leesa, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with our Online Services. This is certainly not how we wish to leave customers feeling. Please email your Order Number over to online@harrisfa... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Shop Location: Bondi Junction

Not a patch on Norton St Grocer that it replaced.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I'm really disappointed with the new Harris Farm at Bondi, which has replaced Norton St Grocer. Harris Farm doesn't stock the unusual items I used to go to Norton St for, and even the less unusual items. For example, several times I've been they have no radicchio, their selection of vinegars is little better than Coles, they don't have the amazing soy and quinoa bread I used to get from Norton St, I haven't found witlof there, I could go on. What's the point of replicating the standard fruit and veg you can get mostly cheaper at Coles just across the way? Surely they should be seeking to provide things you can't get elsewhere, that's the only reason I go to a shop like that.

Also, the layout of the checkouts is really poor and difficult to navigate with a shopping trolley, and the people who stand there ordering you around are very annoying.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi there, We're really concerned to hear about your disappointment with our Bondi Westfield store since we took the reins. Due to the hot whether recently, we have had issues with the suppli... read more »

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 22 helpful votes

Usually excellent. Let down today

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I love HF, but today that I have lots of people coming, I've been let down. They usually give you a call to let you know if something is not available, but that wasn't done today and I could have received a replacement item. During school holidays is hard to get out and shop with little kids. I needed milk today, it wasn't delivered and i didn't get a call to ask if i wanted a replacement.
They also forgot the watermelon, which on a hot day is quite critical to keep kids hydrated.
I am now forced to go to the shops. Not happy today HF!!!

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi CMAJ, We're disappointed to hear that you had not been contacted regarding the unavailable items in your order. We can understand what an inconvenience this has caused you, especially with such... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Shop Location: Edgecliff

Rotten fruit

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I returned from Harris Farm at Edgecliff an hour ago after purchasing a couple of items including a container of raspberries. The top layer when I opened it was bright and plump. Underneath was a layer of slimy gray-mould-spotted rotting berries. I am not happy. It's $3.99 so it's not the cost, is the disappointment and inconvenience. I would attach photos if this site allowed me to. This has happened before which is why I decided to post a review.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Pam, We're disappointed to hear of the quality issues you had with our Raspberries. During very hot and humid days, the fruit does break down quickly. Our team are usually vigilant about this ... read more »

Thankyou. But I don't need anything sorted out. I don't want money back and I don't want new raspberries. I would like you to ensure your fruit is fresh. It does not turn this bad just because it's... read more »

Hi Pam,

We definitely will. We'll be following up with Edgecliff's Store Manager, Tony to ensure that this doesn't happen again. If the issue persists, please give the store a ring on 9328 7782.

• 1 helpful vote

Delivery not on time

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2016

I was disappointed my first order was delivered more than 1 hour late. I had a plan that night I had to cancel.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Yuka, Thank you for getting in touch. I'm very concerned to hear about your late order. Would you be able to email us your order number (starting with PP#) to online@harrisfarm.com.au so we ca... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Shop Location: Potts Point

Convinent concept with poor execution and customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

I like choosing a 3 hour window compared to Coles delivery which you have no control over. The website UX is pretty bad with search functionality hidden as if it was plain text. I didn't find it until after my 3rd order.

The wholesale section is really fun. This is where I pick up most of my time/effort savings. I also like buying boxes of San Pellegrino. Unfortunately these savings gained are tainted by very frustrating communication design including reliably unreliable delivery times. From 10 deliveries something has gone wrong with product every time. For a company that brag about picking great fruit, no one bothers to take care with my orders. Sour pineapples, green bananas, kiwi fruit needing 2 weeks before edible, completely dried out over fleshy oranges. My delivery notes have been flat out ignored every time. Then there is all the unexplained 30c email refunds. Many times I think about ordering, I decided the noise in my inbox is annoying enough that it is easier to walk to Bondi junction and shop in one of the big super markets

I've gone blue in the face giving feedback. I hate getting emails every order asking how they can improve and what net promoter score I should give when I've spend so much energy explaining the problems in their experience to be clearly met by a team not interested in incorporating and improving.

This company could be great. I think their experiencing growing pains. They don't have the family run edge.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi J.K., Thank you for your feedback. I believe that our online team has been informed of some of the issues you've had with your ordering and our website, and are looking into these now. Please r... read more »

Stop wasting my screen time. I know why you refund. I don't care my time is worth more than 30c

Shop Location: Manly

Order not ready for pickup

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

Ordered for a pickup and it was not ready at the chosen time. I placed a last minute order and hte available timeslots to choose from should be adjusted to make sure you get time to get it ready. I would not have minded picking up later, if I had known from the beginning.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Christine, We're very sorry to hear that your Click and Collect order was not ready at your chosen time. Please assist us by emailing us at online@harrisfarm.com.au your Order Number as I'd li... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Shop Location: Manly

Lots of missing things again

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2016

Of the 15 items I ordered, I've been refunded for 5 including butter, mince and the cheaper option of chocolate. Incredibly frustrating again.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Balgowlah, We apologise for the delayed response. We'd be happy to investigate this matter further if you could please get in touch with us directly via online@harrisfarm.com.au with your Orde... read more »

Similar view about what happened to Norton Street Grocer

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

I have the same concern that Matt does, products that I've been buying for years from Norton St Grocer are missing from the shelves but there's more. Dairy products are scattered all over the store instead of mainly confined to once place where it's easy to find what you what. All the gourmet pastas and sauces that were once in the frozen section are all gone.
Staff at check out counters don't appear to know what they're doing. Lines of 10 - 15 people at either end of the store while 2 or 3 check staff are on each of 2 open cash registers, it looked like they were trying to sort out problems with those 2 cash registers but meanwhile none of the cash registers in the middle were being attended to. The person that appeared to be the most senior, around 18 years old, was terrible at customer service. This was last Friday between 6 - 6:30 pm. The manager had left for the day otherwise I would have complained at the time.

Flowers have replaced other goods that used to be available, why do we need flowers when there's a perfectly good florist upstairs? It's more like Coles or Woolworths than the good grocer that it once was.

Very disappointed.

Update: I rang the store manager at Leichhardt. His response was that some products will be discontinued to make way for Harris Farm branded products, regardless of how popular or better those products are, that are being discontinue. Re: moving the diary to different locations throughout the store and having flowers are something that all Harris Farms stores do. It doesn't matter whether this makes sense or not, Harris Farm is enforcing their formula despite that formula not being the most customer friendly. RE: the missing pasta and sauces, they were thrown away due to a malfunction of all the freezes.

Comments
Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Joanne, Thanks for sharing your experience in our Leichardt store. We can understand how disappointing it is to have changes made to your favourite store. As we are continually looking to imp... read more »

I don't know where you got that I was after country valley yoghurt and milk (I've never actually heard of country valley) and that was not my complaint. There were several things wrong from the dis... read more »

Harris Farm Markets Official

Hi Joanne, I have highlighted your feedback on to our Operations Manager, Teresa in Leichardt regarding your experience (quality issues, layout, inefficient checkout and response to discontinued ... read more »

1 of 3 pages