Filter By:

very limited rebates

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

No rebates provided for post natal Nursing or breastfeeding Lactation Consultations. Not on par with most other health funds. Customer service staff were rude to deal with. Would not recommend this health fund.

Extremely helpful and accomodatiing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I would like to extend my greatest thank you to all the staff at the Goodwood branch, especially Kate. Incredible customer service. When I thought I had broken my brand new glasses, Kate found, and had ready, a replacement set just in case. A very helpful Matt was able to repair mine. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. Highly recommend them.

Poor Customer Service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Moved to Health Partners from another private health fund, but wish I hadn't. Phoning the call centre was upsetting. I phoned twice and spoke with 2 different people. They were both extremely unhelpful, not friendly and both progressively rude. I will be leaving Health Partners after this experience as it has left me in the dark prior to surgery. At least I am covered, but not a nice experience at all. I would give them a miss to be honest. We pay enough without the extra burden of unhelpful staff.

Lacking choice

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Have been with HP for many years but now find them to be expensive and only get good cover if using their providers, many of which are not convenient to access, This system of private health no longer supports choice, which Is main reason for private health cover. Will be shopping around.

Put wrong prescription in, no real apology..!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Nice people but terrible optical lab. They put + rather than - lens for one eye. Went back and was fobbed off until they checked. No real apology, no refund, and replacement was delayed. Wouldn't go back.

ADELAIDE

• 8 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 44 helpful votes

Good value gone

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Used to be good value and the service is great > But good value no more. Been with them for 10+.
Price keeps going up along with less services. I had to opt out on paying $68.00 a month on the Gold Extra because of this.
Ambulance cover used to be ok but now one will only get two trips per year to the Hospital. Lol! Not much good when you get older and may need Ambulance more than two trips per year.
I decided there for to go with Phoenix. I get better coverage and UNLIMITED Ambulance cover!
My suggestion; Shop around.

Insurance claim made

Very competitive covers, excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Moved to HP from BUPA mainly for their much better optical benefits. They have some very competitive and comprehensive extras and hospital covers. Their customer service is amazing, also love the frames and sunnies range in their optical stores.

Premium up by 10% and ambulance cover reduced to one per year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

Whilst the national average for increase of premiums is 4.8%, this year they once again tried to slug me more than double the national average plus they have downgraded the ambulance cover for most if not all policies to one ambulance per year. I have been with them for years and never made a claim, yet this is how they treat me. In the meantime their budget for tv advertising appears to be unlimited. Adverts every night and in one ad break this evening, there were two ads together.
Clearly they have their priorities wrong: treat existing customers who don't make any claims, like dirt but try and entice new customers by spending money on advertising that they should be spending of f'ing ambulances.
No doubt trying to recoup the lost members from their ambulance downgrade mistake (one insurer I spoke to said they had taken many enquiries from Health Partners members looking to move because of the ambulance nonsense).

The one time I needed to speak to someone, the person spoke like a computer; refused to answer many of my questions and refused to put me through to a manager. I can well imagine how it would be with them if you needed to make a claim: and that was something I decided I never wanted to have to go through with them.

All in all these people may be not for profit but in every respect that I have experienced, they behave as if they were the least caring, greedy, unhelpful commercial insurer you could imagine. I have now moved to another fund.
My advice: stay away from Health Partners, there are better funds out there.

Great benefits and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I have gold extras with health partners and the benefits I get back are really good. 85% back on dental and unlimited is the highlight. The members services are great as well, very friendly staff. It is also very easy to make a claim or get into contact with members services. Very happy I picked health partners.

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Health partners optical-very expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

I have found the optician work and the prescriptions to be fine. However the prices of frames and lens appear to be grossly inflated-eg $700 recently for standard prescription sunglasses lens in my frames, of which I had to pay about $400. I could have got the frames and lens elsewhere for less than $400 in total. In my experience they are much too expensive, even with the insurance rebate.

Great resource

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

Customer support - Great
Value - Great
Have had over $5000 of dental work done for under $1000
Customer service is also great

Overall happy with my private cover with Health partners

Health Partners. Awesome Health Fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

We have been a member of Health Partners for many years . Services provided are top quality and we have never had a problem with any of them.
Had an issue with my front teeth over the weekend , rang first thing this morning for treatment and was in and out before lunch. Great Dentist and Dental Nurse. Very professional and friendly. I'm now as happy as ......
My adult children and their families are also members of Health Partners and would not go anywhere else.
Well done HP keep up the good work

Private message

Poor communication, problem-solving skills.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

My previous 'check-up and clean' appointment also involved a procedure to identify cause of a slight ache in tooth when pressure applied, i.e. chewing. This procedure was done without any examination of surrounding teeth and, to cut a long story short, I believe it caused a NEW tooth problem which I strongly feel could have been avoided if more care had been taken. Went back to same dentist some months later and calmly relayed my opinion to her and her response was...., 'well, you can always go and see another dentist'. What I needed her to say was, well..., let's have a look and see what we can do.... She took my feedback personally and immediately went on the defensive, unable to take any ownership of situation. Extremely unhappy with treatment and will NEVER use these people again. EVER!!!

Never had a problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

I've been with health partners for 2 years so far and I've always found them easy to deal with. My husband plays footy so is injured a fair bit and every time we have called to find out if he is covered, they are always so helpful.

• 2 helpful votes

Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2014

Dental work for root canal, completed within 3-4 months, after breaking once during treatment, plus an abcess @ tooth site.
As far as i am aware no tooth imprint was taken for a cap or crown,and was taken back when i was told "thats it no more work to be done". Taking their word,as they are the dentists, so i trusted them.
Approx 8-12 months later it broke, leaving me to see an independant proffessional.
Taking the bottom half of tooth away, as couldn't get in to see h p,

Now am left with a gappy smile that ls very obvious,. No compensation has been offered after reading the policy,that guaranted their work!!
Well guess what. No they don't!!!!
Thanks health partners for emails back and forth from the head of the dental professional emploiyed there! For offering me zop,zero zilch!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2013

I had an issue with my pregnancy cover and after being a loyal customer was directed to [name removed] who is classed as Manager Innovation & Service Quality
Senior Dispute & Resolution Officer. Absolutely terrible! Strongly discourage you from joining this fund. Worst customer service ever! This lady really doesn't care about trying to make members happy

- Supposed to be "not for profit health fund that is there for members" it's exactly the opposite

adelaide

• 8 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 17 helpful votes
Private message

Health Partners Optical Over priced spin.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2013

I was told to day there were non profit.
The wholesale price of 1.6 ground lenses is around $80 pair.
The wholesale of the frame is around $55 at the very most.
Lenses are made by a contractor.

Why then is a non profit organisation charging me $560
$435 profilt

If I had their extras cover I would still pay $230 excess.
They claim its a service to members. Rubbish.

- Its corporate spin.

• 3 helpful votes

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2012

I maintained Health Partners membership for 15 years during which I made no major claims. I even continued the membership whilst living interstate where SA specific benefits were unavailable because loyalty is usually acknowledged and rewarded.

The first frustration occurred when I requested my dental records to be sent to my new dentist, and along with my own records, they issued another Health Partners member's dental scan. My new dentist flatly responded 'these are not your scans' and noted a different membership number. It's very disconcerting to think my scans could similarly be printed and sent to another member/dentist - very sloppy.

At the same time, I had moved between states and missed mail for Health Partners, my cover lapsed and on calling to reinstate it, the contact centre rep was exceptionally rude and did not offer to reinstate but forced me to amend my cover, even though I was on the highest Gold extras equivalent.

This was not the logical solution, customer service oriented solution and paid no respect to my membership longevity, nor made any effort to maintain membership.

Exceptionally frustrated I wrote directly to Dianne Davies the listed Manager Innovation & Service Quality, explaining the situation and my request. The response I received was so poor that even my name was misspelled.

Avoid this fund; you will only be treated as a number and customer service is non-existant. Any complaints made do not find solutions but are treated with disdain and the distance of an outsider.

+ When in SA, the is a network of partner providers, although limited compared to other funds

- Tremendously poor customer service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 10 helpful votes

Health Partners = good, this is why

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2012

1. I went on holiday and postponed my Health Partners coverage
2. About 6 months after I got back I did my knee (ACL)
3. Rang Health Partners who said that I never 're-enabled' my account when I returned from overseas. I explained I thought it automatically re-enabled as they asked how long to postpone it for when I left - I didn't realise I had to call them back to re-enable it.
4. Rang doctor to find out how much ACL fix would cost - $5000-$7000
5. Sat at work worried for about 30 minutes when Health Partners called back and said they would be happy to cover it as long as I paid the 6 months I missed.
6. So I paid the 6 months (about $300) and got my knee fixed.

I was very happy with Health Partners and recommend them to friends because of this.

+ Very fair