Filter By:

Extremely helpful and accomodatiing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I would like to extend my greatest thank you to all the staff at the Goodwood branch, especially Kate. Incredible customer service. When I thought I had broken my brand new glasses, Kate found, and had ready, a replacement set just in case. A very helpful Matt was able to repair mine. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. Highly recommend them.

Poor Customer Service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Moved to Health Partners from another private health fund, but wish I hadn't. Phoning the call centre was upsetting. I phoned twice and spoke with 2 different people. They were both extremely unhelpful, not friendly and both progressively rude. I will be leaving Health Partners after this experience as it has left me in the dark prior to surgery. At least I am covered, but not a nice experience at all. I would give them a miss to be honest. We pay enough without the extra burden of unhelpful staff.

Lacking choice

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Have been with HP for many years but now find them to be expensive and only get good cover if using their providers, many of which are not convenient to access, This system of private health no longer supports choice, which Is main reason for private health cover. Will be shopping around.

Put wrong prescription in, no real apology..!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Nice people but terrible optical lab. They put + rather than - lens for one eye. Went back and was fobbed off until they checked. No real apology, no refund, and replacement was delayed. Wouldn't go back.

ADELAIDE

• 8 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 31 helpful votes

Good value gone

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Used to be good value and the service is great > But good value no more. Been with them for 10+.
Price keeps going up along with less services. I had to opt out on paying $68.00 a month on the Gold Extra because of this.
Ambulance cover used to be ok but now one will only get two trips per year to the Hospital. Lol! Not much good when you get older and may need Ambulance more than two trips per year.
I decided there for to go with Phoenix. I get better coverage and UNLIMITED Ambulance cover!
My suggestion; Shop around.

Insurance claim made

Very competitive covers, excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Moved to HP from BUPA mainly for their much better optical benefits. They have some very competitive and comprehensive extras and hospital covers. Their customer service is amazing, also love the frames and sunnies range in their optical stores.

Premium up by 10% and ambulance cover reduced to one per year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

Whilst the national average for increase of premiums is 4.8%, this year they once again tried to slug me more than double the national average plus they have downgraded the ambulance cover for most if not all policies to one ambulance per year. I have been with them for years and never made a claim, yet this is how they treat me. In the meantime their budget for tv advertising appears to be unlimited. Adverts every night and in one ad break this evening, there were two ads together.
Clearly they have their priorities wrong: treat existing cust
omers who don't make any claims, like dirt but try and entice new customers by spending money on advertising that they should be spending of f'ing ambulances.
No doubt trying to recoup the lost members from their ambulance downgrade mistake (one insurer I spoke to said they had taken many enquiries from Health Partners members looking to move because of the ambulance nonsense).

The one time I needed to speak to someone, the person spoke like a computer; refused to answer many of my questions and refused to put me through to a manager. I can well imagine how it would be with them if you needed to make a claim: and that was something I decided I never wanted to have to go through with them.

All in all these people may be not for profit but in every respect that I have experienced, they behave as if they were the least caring, greedy, unhelpful commercial insurer you could imagine. I have now moved to another fund.
My advice: stay away from Health Partners, there are better funds out there.

Great benefits and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I have gold extras with health partners and the benefits I get back are really good. 85% back on dental and unlimited is the highlight. The members services are great as well, very friendly staff. It is also very easy to make a claim or get into contact with members services. Very happy I picked health partners.

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Health partners optical-very expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

I have found the optician work and the prescriptions to be fine. However the prices of frames and lens appear to be grossly inflated-eg $700 recently for standard prescription sunglasses lens in my frames, of which I had to pay about $400. I could have got the frames and lens elsewhere for less than $400 in total. In my experience they are much too expensive, even with the insurance rebate.

• 1 helpful vote

Great resource

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

Customer support - Great
Value - Great
Have had over $5000 of dental work done for under $1000
Customer service is also great

Overall happy with my private cover with Health partners

Health Partners. Awesome Health Fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

We have been a member of Health Partners for many years . Services provided are top quality and we have never had a problem with any of them.
Had an issue with my front teeth over the weekend , rang first thing this morning for treatment and was in and out before lunch. Great Dentist and Dental Nurse. Very professional and friendly. I'm now as happy as ......
My adult children and their families are also members of Health Partners and would not go anywhere else.
Well done HP keep up the good work

1 of 2 pages