Break

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2018

Consider the hype on these pegs bought five packs for myself and family. Quality very poor. Would not recommend them as they break. Expensive buy. Might as well have just bought wooden pegs. Cheaper and last just as long. Not happy

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Wendy, sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your purchase. I would love to chat with you to find out some more information on the Hegs Pegs that you bought. If you could kindly email me ... read more »

Loved them, ...initially....

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

I was really impressed by them when I watched the pitch on Shark Tank and kept an eager eye out for them at our local shops. Was excited (yep, as the chief washer and hanger-out, I was excited) when I found them at our local Woollies and over the proceeding 6 months accumulated quite a few packets of the orange ones. I haven't kept an accurate count of how many packets I bought but 10 wouldn't be an exaggeration.
So, after somewhere between 12 -18 months of praise-worthy use on lines covered by our verandah roof i.e. not in direct sunlight, about 3 months ago the pegs start to fail, and are continuing to fail at a rate of 2-3 pegs per load hung out. It appears to be the same issue that most of other negative reviews have complained about i.e. the plastic joint below the metal spring fatigues, cracks and then breaks, sometimes sending the spring flying through the air - it would be funny if it weren't so very annoying!
I like the peg - I really do! - but after watching the pegs fail one after the other, it would take a fair amount of effort to convince me that a plastic hinge wouldn't eventually fail, every time!

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Angels, thank you for your feedback, we are thrilled that you loved them they made your washing time easier! But we are sorry to hear that you have experienced some breakages, and would like to ... read more »

They don't just look good but are good.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

A family member discovered these a while back but we initially couldn't find any more to buy. Once we found them my mum bought packets for all the family to use. Easy to use and strong. Yet to break any. Hoping that they last in the sun over the summer as other brands don't.

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hey Trevor thanks for the fabulous review! We love that you love Hegs Pegs!

• 1 comment

A Dream Peg Washday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

The Peg basket has a slip on hook, easy to slide across the line, pegs are strong,flat with rubber grip,
Pegs are packed in 2 colours.
Storage of basket , no problem.
Quality with a bonus budget price.

Comments

My apologies Review was on Lakeland Peg Caddy

bathurst nsw

Not meeting expectations

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

Bought Hegs Pegs some time ago when they first came on the market. At first, they were great but as time went on I find that they break and continue to break. At first, I was not worried but they seem to be breaking on a more regular basis now, almost every time I use them. They have not lived up to the expectations made when first on the market. My good old wooden spring pegs just keep on going as do the three-legged multicoloured plastic ones. The main problem seems to be the centre connection point of the Hegs. At least with the wooden spring pegs, you can usually put them back together if the separate.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi poppi, thank you so much for taking to time to email us- we take all feedback very seriously. We are sorry to learn that you have experienced some breakages, and would like to chat with you to g... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great until they break

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

I ordered my hegs pegs through TVSN before available in the shops.Loved everything about them,did what they were meant to and I was impressed.After some months one split ,then another and another ...even tried to put them together but that didn't work.Decided to check reviews to see if there is a problem in general and definitely is.What has been done about that? Would love to know if you have rectified this specific problem.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Lili thank you for your feedback, if you could email me at info@hegs.com.au I can help you out. Kind regards, Rebecca

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Keep breaking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Seem to look like a good design until they started breaking.. not really impressed as they got design awards and lots of other awards for pegs that break not long after purchased..

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Smarty, thank you so much for taking to time to review our Hegs Pegs, we are sorry to learn that you have experienced some breakages. If you could please email me at info@hegs.com we will be abl... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Hook works but peg doesn't

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I am a Home Economics Teacher and I choose to "suspend" my washing from my pegs ie without folding any part of the washing over the clothes line.
This method makes for faster drying, no wet patches under the pegs and no creases.
The spring component of HEGS does not exert sufficient pressure to hold the washing using this method and my wash fell on the ground, right in front of my eyes - from the lightest, to the heaviest, all just slipped through.
If you hang washing the way I do, don't waste your money.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Jan E, thank you so much for taking to time to leave a review, we take all feedback very seriously. If you are hanging heavy wet items you will still need to fold the item over the washing line ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Good pegs but don't last

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

Very nice pegs to use. Was impressed until used for a couple of months and they are starting to break where the 2 pieces are joined as this is very thin plastic

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Heather, thank you so much for taking to time to leave a review, we take all feedback very seriously. If you could please email me at info@hegs.com so I can get some more information from you, t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Sun damage

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

High breakage rate after awhile due to sun damage, no UV protection, pegs break in same area where pegs are joined, so they redesign to make peg more durable in the sun.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Ronh, our plastic is actually UV stabilised, so sun exposure would not be the cause of your breakages. I would love to chat to you to get some more info on your Hegs Pegs? If you could email me ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Constant breakage

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

When Hegs Pegs first came out I was wrapped. Finally I had pegs that were easy to use and kept the washing secure. I do look after my pegs, they are never left in the sun or out in the weather, but over the last few months I've found a lot of them breaking. I've got an assortment of colours but find it is the blue ones that snap more often. I still love the pegs, though I'm a little disappointed with the breakages. Still a great product.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Baye01, thank you so much for taking to time to email us- we take all feedback very seriously. We are sorry to learn that you have experienced some breakages, and would like to chat with you to ... read more »

Victoria

• 11 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Initially very Happy, now breaking 2-3 Heg Pegs per day

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2017

Was extremely excited to have finally found a product that worked well. Purchased about 15 packs, and was even giving them away as gifts to friends. Over the last 2 months have had an average of 3 break per day. The just snap in the middle and the metal component flies off. I've had washing fly away and end up on the ground because the Heg Peg has broken. I do a lot of washing and don't understand why this is happening. I have three clothes lines, one outdoors but under a verandah, 1 in the garage and third one exposed to elements but it hardly gets used. I don't leave the Heg Pegs on the line and they're kept in peg baskets, in the garage. What I initially thought was a fantastic product which I was gifting and recommending to everyone, has turned out to be a dud. Very disappointed!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Rose, we appreciate your honest review, and would love to get in contact with you to discuss further. If you could please email me at info@hegs.com so I can get some more information from you, t... read more »

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

They are OK. Have the same issue as all other pegs - they break after 6-12 months.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

There is a thin plastic piece below the stainless steel clip that breaks after 6-12 months of use. That pieces is stressed every time you open/close the peg. Once it breaks, the peg snaps in two. OK concept but design needs review.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Breaking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Great design, but the 6 bags of Hegs Pegs of mine are all breaking in the same place a small piece of plastic holding it together in the middle, once this breaks there in the bin what a waiste. For now there a waist of money until you fix this problem.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Mark, thank you so much for taking to time to leave a review, we take all feedback very seriously. If you could please email me at info@hegs.com so I can get some more information from you, that... read more »

Manchester

So cool hegs

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

I like the structure and colors these pegs will be in, particularly the orange ones. These are so flexible and user friendly, even my young child loves to hang clothes with me at night just because these pegs are attractive to her.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Celeste E, we're glad to hear that you love Hegs Pegs!

Dallas

Private message

This thing actually works great

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

These newly innovated pegs are a real best part. The older pegs really needed this improvement, and so i am glad the corporation took this method. I really like how simple these pegs are, yet so useful and handy. Love them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi T Robbins, we're glad to hear that you love Hegs Pegs. They are a great Aussie invention!

Sydney

Product worth every penny

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

My grandmother always thought it was tough to use the old pegs, which were not as flexible or handy. I Really bought these on her and today she loves them. She might be a clumsy, so these pegs help her hang her clothes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Daina, it's good to hear that your grandmother loves using Hegs Pegs!

The Bronx

Super quality hegs

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Because it is very windy here where I live, these pegs helps me a great deal with regards to drying my clothes outdoor. I'm able to hang them with no anxiety about my clothes falling and getting dirty again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Gabrielle, Thanks for choosing Hegs Pegs. We're glad you love the windlock feature, it's great for keeping washing on the line in windy weather!

Salisbury

Private message

You will not be disappointed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

I already have seen the merchandise the corporation makes, that happen to be great in design, however these pegs crack the offer for me personally. I can never depend upon the local pegs as his or her grip isn't sufficiently strong to keep the garments, specially when it's windy, however these pegs have amazingly strong grip.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Johnathan, Thanks for supporting Hegs Pegs. We're glad that you love the ergonomic grip and windlock features of the Hegs Peg!

Saint Ives

Private message

Works great and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

These hegs pegs are a lot better than the standard pegs I have already been using previously. I saw these web based so decided to buy them, and now i am hooked. Its grip is surely an important feature about it, my clothes don't fall out from the hanger, wasting my washing efforts.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hegs Pegs Official

Hi Nylah, We love hearing that you're hooked on Hegs!

1 of 14 pages

yes bought hegs a few years back after seeing them on shark tank but haven't seen them in the stores near me for some time so which store around Adelaide sells them now?

dot asked on Oct 22, 2017

Answer this

Hello Dot, I'm in Victoria, and I have always purchased mine from Woolworth stores for $6 pack of 18. I have found that on a daily basis, they are now breaking, at least 2 a day. They aren't left outside (other than when they are clipped to clothes that are drying). I store them undercover in the shade or in the garage. It's disappointing. You can buy them online but they are far more expensive. Hope this helps. Regards, Rose

Hi Dot. Rebecca here from Hegs Customer Service. Love that you are looking for some more Hegs Pegs! We are currently stocked in Woolworths, BigW, IGA, The Good Guys, Harvey Norman, as well as or whole range online at www.hegs.com, where there are a lot more colour choices than in-store. Let me know if you have any other questions!

What is the difference between the different coloured hegs?

Mum asked on Jul 20, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mum, there is no difference in functionality, only the colour! So you can enjoy everyone's favourite Hegs Pegs in all colours of the rainbow.

I have bought at least 20 packets the ones made in Australia says the packet and there are 18 in a packet. I loved them so much I bought my four adult children at least 4 packets each. I even gave them to my best friends for Christmas and they all loved them until they all started to break at the orange joint just under the stainless steel spring. Are these really made in Australia or offshore?

Diana Knight asked on May 25, 2017

Answer this

i have a theory that how u said it was breaking under the stainless steelb is becuase its a very weak part of the product, u also keep turning or twisting it whuick=h make theem get weaker and weaker

Hi Diana, thank you for your question. Yes, Hegs Pegs are made in Australia, here in Adelaide down the road from our office in Tonsley! We are sad to hear that you have experienced some breakages, and would love to chat to you further to find out some more details. Please email me here at info@hegs.com so we can chat some more. Many thanks again, Rebecca, HEGS Customer Service

Product Details