5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

John Lamotta of Croydon gave a great quote. Worked really well to clear the area and left it very clean.

Mike Hire a Hubby Dandenong

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Mike was helpful and attentive to installing our slatwall, he took the time to ensure measurements were correct therefore resulting in a fabulous looking showroom wall for our new premises

Hire a hubby - traralgon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Cant use calendar or clock. Never turn up on time or as scheduled
Many repairs had to be fixed over and over. Rude phone manner

Array

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Very disappointed and still trying to sort out rectification

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

We contracted Hire A Hubby to replace two showers due to cracked shower bases in our investment property in Berwick Victoria. We did this based on recommendation from our Property Manager that this person was skilled to carry out the required work and she had seen his previous work. However we got a very disappointing result, with mismatched tiles and grout. A shower screen that fell apart and had to be repaired. Untidy grout and uneven tiling. Untidy sealing and caulking. A shower screen that was not squared up. Tiling that was not completed as per quote. Our property has been de-valued as a result. We had to get a building inspector in and his comments were un-tradesman like finish. Hire A Hubby management have been in contact with us and we are trying to negotiate rectifications however when we did not accept their initial rectification offer they have now told us we have to work it out with the franchisee as he is not their employee so will no longer assist us with the mediation. Like others have said this is a franchise and even though they offer a 100% workmanship satisfaction guarantee they do not police the franchisees as to whether they have experience or qualifications to do certain jobs nor do they set a standard for them so it is buyer beware and just because others can do excellent jobs the franchisees are all individuals and it's up to the consumer to investigate further and decide if the franchisee can do their job to the required standard. We are hoping we'll be able to sort this matter out soon. Sadly $10,000 later I have learnt a tough lesson don't trust property managers or 100% satisfaction guarantees.

Great work ethic

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Thanks to Simon and his two off-siders, Dave and Martin. They all got stuck in and did their work efficiently and quickly, would certainly recommend.

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Brett from Hire A Hubby I have found to be Amazing from quoting, communication and perfect delivery of services required, Arrived on time confirmed prior to appointment was able to assist with other trades people that I required.
Pleasant polite and just a pleasure to have do work for me. Will definitely be using again. The jobs were completed to perfection. Thank you so much

Happy with Gary!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Gary K from Flynn showed up on time and installed the security door perfectly. Very professional, polite and helpful with my queries. Highly recommendable!

Happy Customer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Whilst I may have a philosophical issue with hiring from an organisation named "Hire a Hubby", David who covers the area around Drummoyne was great. More like a helpful Dad, he provided great advice around what would be the best value for money for us and then prompt and flexible service in fixing various odds and sods around our rental house and yard. Would definitely use again for any handyman tasks.

Amazing!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Very happy client, I used Sam from Hire A Hubby Bondi Beach. He showed up on time, knew exactly what he is doing, gave extra alternatives which saved me money in the long run. He is polite and clean with his work. Will be using him again and recommending him to all our family and friends. Thank you so much Sam

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Lena, Thank you so much for your lovely review of HAH Bondi. We'll be sure to pass it on to Sam. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Great Business

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Hire A Hubby sent an sms as soon as I sent the enquiry, letting my mother know they would be in touch soon. He contacted my elderly mother and worked in with times that were convenient to her. The quote was very reasonable, the work done quickly and professionally, contact was kept up between visits and he was polite, cheerful and nothing was too much trouble. If I could add a picture of the work done I would. Will definitely be using them again.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for taking the time to share of your experience. We appreciate it! Caragh @ HAH

Awesome! Efficient!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Mark from elites has helped me a few times with window dressings and hanging frames and mirrors. So efficient and professional as well as being a nice guy.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Thanks so much for your lovely review Kristy.

Very Happy Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2018

John Lamotta from Croydon gave a good quote with pensioner discount. He was always cheerful and cooperative. Quality of work was very good and am recommending him.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Thank you Maureen, we're happy when our customers are happy.

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

HAH has been a reliable and competitive service for our portfolio of managed properties, and provide a professional service with a professional approach

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Thank you Anne. We're so glad you enjoyed the service. Caragh @ HAH

Glad I found them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Michael from Forster gave us a reasonable quote, came when he said he would, did an excellent and professional job and even helped us put back furniture. He was a cheerful soul to have around and we certainly have found a treasure.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hey Pam, thank you for your lovely review of Michael. We'll be sure to share with him. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Excellent service and workmanship. What a pleasant experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Carpentry, painting, paving, decking,locksmith,gurney cleaning, you name it, Jim Kelly and his team at HAH NARRABEEN do it all.Not only that, they arrive on time as arranged,do a first class job, friendly staff, and then clean up afterwards. What more could you ask for? They certainly fixed all my problems. Now I can sell my house.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Thanks so much Big Al, what a lovely review. We're happy when our customers are happy! Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Found - A Maintenance Superstar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

John from Hire A Hubby Croydon did an amazing job. He was prompt and reliable. I was really impressed by his no fuss attitude and straightforward manner. John organised everything required to do the job and cleaned up afterwards. I will be keeping his business card for future reference and am already considering what other jobs I need done.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Tracie, Thanks so much for your lovely review! John will be so pleased! Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Fully committed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Neil and Chiara not only took my project on board, they embraced it with gusto and both went above and beyond my expectations! Thank you one thousand times over!

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi LynneMarie, thank you so much for your glowing review. We'll be sure to pass on to the team!

Fabulous service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Mark Claringbould from Hire a Hubby Berwick took down and rebuilt a new undercover/outdoor entertainment area with colourbond & laser light along with strong sturdy timber painted in woodland grey (painting done offsite so it was all ready to be constructed on the day he arrived).

Mark is professional, very courteous and friendly to have and are continuing to use his expertise and services for other tasks around home.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi KazL, thanks so much for your lovely review. We'll be sure to pass onto the team. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

A big thank you to Mark Smith

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Mark made a complete renovation of our bathroom. He was prompt, reliable and cleaned up each day taking away all the rubbish as agreed. We are very satisfied with the quality of the work and happy to recommend him.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Hans, thank you for taking the time to share of your positive experience. Mark will be thrilled. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Brilliant service and workmanship

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Gary Keo converted our garage to a double bedroom. He was reliable, prompt and professional. The end result exceeded our expectations and has added value to our home. Highly recommend Gary!

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Michelle, Thanks so much for your lovely review! We're happy when our customers are happy. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

1 of 44 pages

I need some heavy furniture put out to the roadside for council pickup. Will Hire A Hubby be able to send a couple of 'hubbies' to do that for me? Umina Beach location? URGENT .. must be done latest tomorrow Mon 18th Dec 2017. Thanks, Wendy

Wendy asked on Dec 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Wendy, if you call 1800 803 339 we'll put you in touch with your local Hire A Hubby in Umina Beach. It's a very busy time so will depend on the hubbies availabilities. Many thanks, Caragh @ HAH

job completed yesterday

Looking to create a 'gift voucher' for my mother in law so she can hire some help from Hire a hubby. She is in her late 70s and lives in a large house which is falling apart with a large garden which is slowly becoming overgrown. I don't know what she would want to get fixed first but it would be nice to give her some money towards hiring a professional tradie or gardener. Does anyone know roughly how much the hourly rate is for hire a hubby so I can estimate how much money I should give her for her birthday? Thanks, Samantha

Samantha asked on Oct 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi Samantha, That's very nice of you to get your mother in-law with such a useful gift. Please call 1800 803 339 and our lovely customer service staff will be able to discuss your requirements in more details and guide you to an appropriate amount. Kind Regards HAH Marketing

Thanks. I tried calling a few times throughout the week and was told I would receive a call back soon. After not hearing from anyone for three days I decided to post my query yesterday. (my mother in law's bday is today so we needed details asap). A representative finally called me last night in the evening. It's great that you do do vouchers. Everything sorted.

I want to fix cracked internal wall and damaged wall paint due to damp. I live at Auburn NSW. Are you able to help. Thanks

Rei asked on Jul 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi Rei, apologies for the delay on this. Yes we can definitely help. Please call 1800 803 339 and a hubby will be in contact for a free quote.
Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Someone from HAH came to inspect and said he will give the quote in the next few days. It's been more than a week but no news. I have assigned the job to someone from another handyman website. Rei.

See all 22 questions about Hire A Hubby