Private message

Should not be called hire a hubby

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

The name within itself says will do anything a husband would do, well not bloody true, they pick and choose if they want to do it , false false false advertising, they just contacted me, you want there excuse is, there too busy and only staying in there area, and I'm 7mins away from them, made up crap.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Lydia, apologies we weren't able to help you out on this occasion. Thanks for reaching out and providing feedback. All the best, Caragh @ HAH.

Gold Coast

Private message

Felt that, just maybe, I was set up.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

The facts:

I obtained a conditional quotation for a small carpentry job. The final price would depend on whether the old item could be removed without damaging the sourrounding fittings, otherwise the price would need to go up as there would be more work for the hubby to do.The hubby said all care would be taken to not damage sourrounding fittings. Initially the job looked like it was procceding ok but the surround fittings were broken which ended up costing more and taking extra time.
The job, plus extras was completed at a leisurely pace including time for a chat to neighbours. The hubby refused to quote for the add-on work to fix the surrounding fittings as he did not know how long it would take and appeared unable to make an estimate.
I had no option but to proceed with the work and dutifully paid the final amount in full.
The work completed was fair as some pieces were not quite fitting, as would be expected from a professional carpenter?
Upon reflection, this experience concerned me as I felt the ambiguity surrounding the final price, the conditionality of the quote which depended on the hubby to not break nearby fittings and his refusal to quote for extras to complete the job gave the hubby too much leeway for additional cost to me.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Kaz, thank you for sharing your experience with Hire A Hubby. Your feedback is helpful for us as a business, and I'd love to receive some more information from you if you'd be kind enough? If so... read more »

Brisbane

Private message

Unhappy with the job that was done at my place. HAH Toowong

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

The price quoted was very reasonable which I was happy with given that I had a limited budget. There were variations and given that my place is old, this was not unexpected, however
there were elements that I believe should have been foreseen in the original quote. My HAH has a limit of $3K for works. I believe he knew he could never complete the works for the quoted price. In the end the amount I paid was almost double. The work done was sub-standard and resulted in numerous return visits to fix. I accepted the repairs, although I was not happy with the end result. I just wanted them out of my house. Moral of the story is don’t get people to do jobs they are not expert in. Floor tiling and grouting stuffed up. Someone actually asked me why I didn’t have the floor tiles re-done when upgrading the bathroom, not realising the tiles were new. Plumber who was sub-contracted was not briefed properly and didn’t use the fittings supplied with the vanity unit. Resulted in us having to modify a drawer to suit. Only realised after this had been done, but too late. The refit of my ceiling light, which should have been simple was terrible. No admission by my HAH that the works were less than satisfactory. If it had been his house I’m sure he would have been horrified. Area manager was copied in to my response to HAH person regarding my issues. Have never received follow up from him. Submitted my feedback on completion of the job. Stated that I had issues which I was not able to address in the text limit and would like a phone call to discuss. Have not received one. Result is that I would never ever use this franchise again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Freckles, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us to share your experience with Hire A Hubby. We're so sorry it has come to this, and we understand your frustration. In the hopes this d... read more »

Urgent response, great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

The Morningside Hire a Hubby team responded almost immediately to my need to fix a dryer falling off the wall (not their doing!) Gerrit attended and installed a wooden beam and reattached the metal bracket, ensuring a more secure and stable fit. Whilst the fee was a little more than I'd usually like to pay, these guys were worth it, complete professionals. They guarantee their work too. If only I'd used them for another job earlier this year! Very reliable, extremely polite and efficient. Know exactly what they're doing and get the job done. Highly recommended!

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi MorningsideMum, thank you so much for your glowing report for our Morningside Hubby and their team! What a wonderful outcome. We'll be sure to share your feedback! All the best, Caragh @ HAH

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Booked for 7am last Thursday, at 7.15am received a phone call saying he couldn't come. He did send me an apology text saying he could do it this week, which I replied that anytime at 7.30am or tomorrow, but, please let me know. Today he turns up at my home at 7.50am (I am ready to go to work), without notice. I do not think any tradesperson should just turn up without calling first.
Lyn

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Lyn, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry your disappointed in our service, and this is a timely reminder leading up to Chrissy. We wish you all the best. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Frank always does an amazing job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Frank always does an outstanding job. He has done many things around my home particularly involving carpentry and woodwork, both interior and exterior, and the work is always done to a high standard. What I also like is Frank will think through some out of the box solutions when I don't present him with the most straightforward job! You are in good hands with Frank!

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Merryn, we love reading customer's happy reviews! Especially when you're obviously a long-term customer. Thanks so much for entrusting us and your ongoing support! Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

If you're on the Tweed Coast Dean Geldens is the best handyman around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Dean and his offsider have done loads of work on my place including Fence replacements, shower waterproofing, painting and sliding door repairs. They are always friendly, on time and leave the job cleaner than they found it.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Troy, thank you so much for taking the time to write this raving review about Dean! I'm sure it'll make his day. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Dean Geldens best handyman ever!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

I had Dean from kingscliff do some work at my rental property recently and he was fast efficient
And the quality was amazing
Cannot recommend him highly enough

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Sam, thank you so much for this lovely review of Dean. He's going to be over the moon that you're a happy customer! Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Excellent and very reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Andrew has been so wonderful, very professional, punctual and has completed two jobs in our home, plastering and more recently tiling our new kitchen which now looks amazing. Thank you Andrew we will definitely be using your services again in the near future.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Ali, thank you for taking the time to review Andrew. We really appreciate it and happy you were satisfied with our level of service! Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Mona Vale, NSW

Very happy with Hire a Hubby Mona Vale service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

We had new carpet installed at our home and asked Hire a Hubby to send someone to trim the bedroom doors because of the increased carpet height..
Brett arrived on time and did a great job and a careful tidy up.
Hire a Hubby's invoice detailed all the work done and their charge was exactly as quoted.

We will certainly be using their services again and will recommend them to our friends

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Don, thanks so much for your lovely review. We're happy that Brett could help with your home To Do List! Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Excellent Service from Sinnamon Park Hire a Hubby!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Recently we had Cavan Bailey and his crew from Hire A Hubby Sinnamon Park come to do some fairly major renovations in preparation for our new kitchen. I was very impressed with the way they worked, their professionalism, efficiency, knowledge and communication. They kept me informed all the way through, they did what they said they would do, they cleaned up after themselves, and through it all Cavan kept in touch with me to make sure all was ok. We are very pleased with the work done, and I will have no hesitation calling them back for our future plans!
Thank you so much guys, really appreciate all your work!

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Deborah, thank you so much for such a lovely review of Cavan. We'll be sure to pass this on to him as it'll definitely make his day! Thanks again! Caragh @ HAH

Shane in Maitland was excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

We received a significant order of flat pack furniture from IKEA and needed it to be assembled ASAP for the opening of our new office. I hadn't considered Hire a Hubby for this type of work however they came up in Google search. I'm glad they did as the local franchisee, Shane Clements was extremely accommodating and efficient. He made himself available at short notice and did an excellent job. I would hesitate to recommend his services.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi there, thank you so much for your lovely review! Happy to help, especially when it comes to flat packs! We'll pass your feedback on to Shane who will be pleased to hear of your positive experience. Thanks again, Caragh @ HAH

Good professional result

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

We wanted a Stratco fence installed over a section that a couple of other fencing contractors described as being "too difficult" due to the access, even for a paling fence. Ray did a fabulous job and the fence looks great. Very happy to recommend his work.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi David, thank you so much for a lovely review. We take pride in our customer service and to hear you're happy, makes us happy! Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Don't hesitate to Hire A Hubby!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

We wouldn't use anyone else! Michael and Michelle are so professional in their approach....they are polite, efficient and courteous. Michael was quick to quote and completed our garden edging to a high standard. We are very happy clients and would highly recommend Hire A Hubby!

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Anne, wow! Thanks so much for your lovely words. We're certain that Michael and Michelle will be grateful for your glowing report. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Graham is Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

We had Graham out today to hang a door. He responded by phone within 10 min of the initial call to the HAH callcentre and was at our house ready to start about 2 hours later... it is a SATURDAY! The job turned out to be more complicated than first though and not only did Graham find a clever solution but he was professional, courteous and tidy the entire time he was at our house. We look forward to having him back every time we need work done around the place and cannot speak highly enough of his attention to detail and professionalism. Thanks again you are a star!

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Leenie, your review has made our day! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Graham and the services and professionalism we offer. We truely appreciate it. All the best, Caragh @ HAH

Great Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Booked a small job to get my yard. Dog ready with Neil and while it too longer to get the job done I'm really pleased with the result.

Fabian provided good options for the quote and the quality of the work us excellent. I'd recommend the team at Glades illegal. Professional, friendly and top quality work.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi David, thanks so much for your lovely report. We're happy when our customers are happy. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Terrible work, terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Decided i wanted to retile my bathroom, got a quote, seemed decent cost, you pay for what you get.
Terrible job.
Now got to pay someone to fix it cause don't want your crew coming back.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi JennyW, we're so sorry of your experience with Hire A Hubby. We offer a 100% workmanship guarantee and by the sounds of it, this job isn't up to our usual standards. If you care to email marketi... read more »

Frankston

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Great response and workmanship

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Fantastic job done, answered when I rang, replied to msgs I left, quality work and will use you again and recommend you. Had tried to contact another big mob in the area but they never replied.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Terence, thanks so much for your glowing report. We're most happy when our customers are happy. All the best. Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Punctual and extremely helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

David Goodall Made the effort to come and see my elderly parents while I was staying with them to do a quote for some jobs. Can leave them in safe hands to get the job done

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Hi Megan, thanks so much for getting in touch and sharing your experience with Hire A Hubby. We'll be sure to pass on to Dave as we're sure he'd be wrapped! Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

The very best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

So please job well done i alway happy to give feedback the job was great . Howerey being foucse to use so many word to say good job is a waste of time.

Comments
Hire A Hubby Official

Thanks so much Macmac for your review, it's always lovely to hear when a customer is happy with our services. Many thanks, Caragh @ HAH

1 of 42 pages

Looking to create a 'gift voucher' for my mother in law so she can hire some help from Hire a hubby. She is in her late 70s and lives in a large house which is falling apart with a large garden which is slowly becoming overgrown. I don't know what she would want to get fixed first but it would be nice to give her some money towards hiring a professional tradie or gardener. Does anyone know roughly how much the hourly rate is for hire a hubby so I can estimate how much money I should give her for her birthday? Thanks, Samantha

Samantha asked on Oct 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi Samantha, That's very nice of you to get your mother in-law with such a useful gift. Please call 1800 803 339 and our lovely customer service staff will be able to discuss your requirements in more details and guide you to an appropriate amount. Kind Regards HAH Marketing

Thanks. I tried calling a few times throughout the week and was told I would receive a call back soon. After not hearing from anyone for three days I decided to post my query yesterday. (my mother in law's bday is today so we needed details asap). A representative finally called me last night in the evening. It's great that you do do vouchers. Everything sorted.

I want to fix cracked internal wall and damaged wall paint due to damp. I live at Auburn NSW. Are you able to help. Thanks

Rei asked on Jul 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi Rei, apologies for the delay on this. Yes we can definitely help. Please call 1800 803 339 and a hubby will be in contact for a free quote.
Cheers, Caragh @ HAH

Someone from HAH came to inspect and said he will give the quote in the next few days. It's been more than a week but no news. I have assigned the job to someone from another handyman website. Rei.

can you assemble and install a garden shed?

Beverley McCreddin asked on Jun 18, 2017

Answer this

Hi Beverley, thanks for your question. Yes we certainly can! Please give us a call on 1800 803 339 or visit our website www.hireahubby.com.au to book a free quote. Thanks, Gina @ HAH

See all 21 questions about Hire A Hubby