Generations:
Filter By:

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: SX Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Apr 2013

Fan running after switching off engine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Hi 2013 Diesel. After turning off the engine, it appears the fan continues to run for up to a minute. The series 2 drives very nicely, has plenty of power and stops nicely also.
It’s just the fan running on, but not all the time
It’s very noisy when it happens if parking in traffic. Any advice please. KP

Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: CX Seats: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2017 Drive: AWD

Great car Captiva

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Have owned the captiva for a year now, had not missed a beat. Comfy seats!!! Economical.
Fits all our gear for a week away, including our two dogs!! The boot is well equipped will places to hook strechy straps to hold your shopping in place for a not squashed trip home.
The sound system is ok too

Purchased at: Ford Dealers

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: LTZ Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2017

This car is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

The captivas are amazing.we just love it .It has everything you need plus more.Goes great no problems.has a lot of power. Steering is great .good fuel consumption. looks very classy inside and out.we cant talk our car up enough.Its a shame there now obsolete and it's a shame to hear all the negativity on the captivas.theres mixed reviews on every car you Google. Give the captivas a break there truly great cars with all the extras at a lower cost compared to other new SUVs

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 34 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: LS Seats: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2012

Crappy captiva

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

I purchased this car in 2013 and I'm still paying it off. Its been nothing but useless for my family. I have gotten in many life threatening accidents due to this crappy car and would never purchase anything under the name of holden again. The workers were extremely rude and definitely used me as i payed 50,000+ while i had it. My kids hated it sooo much they lied and said they had a ferrari. that tells you something!

Newcastle

Private message

Generation: CG (2006-2011) Badge: LX Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Mechanical Nightmare

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Brought the car 6 weeks ago.
Got half way to Sydney from Maitland got stranded on the side of the m1 with my 3 kids. DPF light came on quickly followed by the engine light, over heated and started smoking...
we were in perfect driving conditions for it to do a regen but for some reason it didn’t..
Turns out the turbo has been spitting oil into the air intake

Newcastle

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: LT Seats: 5 Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Ok but dreadful resale

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

We purchased a Captiva 5 new in 2013 with the 2.4lt petrol and 6spd manual just as a means of transport for the wife to use daily to travel to work.
Overall it was ok and we never experienced any faults with the car in the 5yrs and 53,000klms of ownership however the 2.4l 4cyl engine is very underpowered and at hwy spds it struggled on big hills.
Fuel consumption avg was 8.5l/100 on a hwy run and always sat around 12.5-13l/100klm in city traffic which is terrible for a 4cyl.
Overall it was a very comfortable car to travel in but they are basic and the fit and finish is avg.

The worse was yet to come when we decided to sell it recently for an automatic car. The service history was up to date and the car was still like new inside and out as I am very particular when looking after them and we still struggled to sell it and only managed to recoup 25% of what we paid for it 5 years earlier. It appears their reputation had caught up with it and we practically had to give it away to offload it. Buyer beware!

hay

Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: Active Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2018

7 seater holden captivia petrol auto

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

so this car has been really got spite the fuel, but the other day i had a bad encounter. my son was crying in the back so iv gorn and parked the car put it in park left key on got out to attend to him in the back.. all of a sudden the car started to move..... iv pannicked ran to the front and grabbed the wheel turned it quickly before going into on comming traffic.. and hit a parked car. i took to the mechanics and no faults showed. why has this happened what can I do?

Melbourne

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Great value for what you pay

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Bought Captiva Active 7 seater on May First trip was from Melbourne to Sydney and Return. 7 People were there on the trip (3 kids). Though we had problem with the luggage space, but the ride was really good. Economy of average 11L/100KM for overall trip we got.
This car was really cheap in initial price compared to its competitors. Leather seat, Sun roof are included in the value. Android /Apple Auto is really a add on feature. The A/C vent in the last row make sure that the kids are kept in right temperature. Zone climate control is really a good feature. Good reversing camera add value to the car.

Canberra

Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: LTZ Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Love this car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

Have bought a Captiva despite its reputation and after doing my homework. Love this car! It’s comfortable and great value. Leather seats, good sound system, easy to use 7 seven. Just a great functional family car and so far so good with Holden servicing. Courtesy car and free coffee and capped price.

Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: Active Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Only 16,000km with issue after issue. Holden is reluctant to fix!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have the Holden Captiva Active 7 seat SUV and its been nothing but trouble. We purchased it brand new in 2017 and so far we have had sunroof electronics fail, and the rubber deteriorate. The clock spring needed replacing as the complete front dash lights were flickering. The two front wheel bearings needed replacement as well.
All this with only 16,000km on the odo and being purchased and only serviced at Holden. I have also been told by Holden mechanics the Diesels are even worse and to steer clear.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: LT Seats: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Excellent Customer Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

My Captiva 2014 had timing belt snapped in 2018 despite just having 60 K on the clock. I took it to Holden and even though warranty was finished a year and so ago and I was the third owner, they installed a brand new engine on it that they had to manufacture in Korea and ship to Australia. For the time that the car was under repair, I had 2018 top of the range Captiva LTZ turbo diesel as courtesy car that I enjoyed driving more than my original car. Luckily, I did not have to pay a cent for the work done on my car. I don't claim that it was stress free process but excellent customer service at Sutton City Roseberry made it as bareable as possible for me. I really appreciate these guys care and professionalism.

Perth

Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: LX Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2016

poor performance

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I bought a golden captiva after 2.5 years start to make noise from suspension I went back to dealer.I been told that they changed the suspension should be problem after six months same problem Now warranty is finish.After warranty expire now other thing computer screen showing engine problem i been to mechanic He told me to change the rear sensor detectors.Its only 4 year old car and only 600xx kms done

Seats: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Has been a dream since I got it 2 years ago

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I have found that the newer models of the Holden Captiva are highly reliable and mechanically sound compared to the earlier models 2010/2011 which have had well known problems associated with them, they are fuel efficient and very roomy big boot space and a great family car have take my car interstate maybe 8 times and has been great for every drive.

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: CX Seats: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Fantastic reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Had Captiva for 4 years we’ve done 50000 on top of the 140000 it had on it when purchased, only just spent money on it recently for just the usual wear and tear. Great car runs well interior is very nice, done many long trips without any issues, reliable car.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: CG (2006-2011) Badge: CX Seats: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2010

Worst car I have ever owned.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

We purchased a 2010 Holden Captiva for our family.
We have only done 147,000kms to date and I have had to pay more than $5000 in repairs to parts above the normal servicing and maintaining.
Issues include, keys getting stuck in ignition causing gear box needing replacing, aircon not working and will cost more than $2k to get fixed due to part completely missing from under bonnet. The radio does not automatically turn off anymore, the door beeps when open even though the lights are turned off, Car does not lock with buttons on keys any longer.

All these problems are not "easy fix" small problems. They are all LARGE expensive fixes that I can no longer afford.
Quoted by Holden it would cost me a further $7000 to get my car back to a good condition.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Generation: CG (2006-2011) Badge: CX Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2007

Don't buy one

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Ive bought a 2007 captiva, the biggest reason at the beginning is cause my partner loves holden cars.
But man, this is one of the worse car we've drove, air conditioning never cool enough, problems after problems, fixing it costed us a bloody fortune. And we finally bought a new car and that will never be another holden car for us again

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: CG (2006-2011) Badge: CX Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Awesome

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Very smooth on the road, no noise at all, great handling. 7 seater is great can't complain really. Tailor to amount of people or space needed in boot. Plenty of leg Room. Comfortable to travel in. 6 cd stacker. The fuel usage isn't too bad, it's about 11L/100km. Reliable car for a growing family.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: LTZ Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Nothing but problems and rude service from Holden Customer Care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I would like to know if anyone has any issues with Holden Captiva LTZ (7seater) 2016 model, please let me know what your issues are and what was the outcome and if it’s ongoing and have you contacted Holden Customer Care and what was your experience? I’ve got huge problems and all I get told is our diagnosis can’t find any issues and this is a replacement vehicle. The car is dangerous and should not be on the roads and still Holden Customer Care keep asking me to take it back to the Holden Service which has bee done numerous times with no outcome I’m taking it further to VACT as advised by Consumers Affaires Victoria and was advised that I get on here as well before making an application as these cars shouldn’t be sold if they have all these issues

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: CG (2006-2011) Badge: LX Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2010

Holden Captiva is craptiva

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Bought a brand new Holden Crrraptiva in 2010. Just over 7 years old, had oil leak.
Took to the Holden dealer, got a quote of 3400$ to fix it. This a major issue with all Holden Captiva and they don't bother about fixing or recalling the cars
Holden probably give some extras compared to other Japanese cars, don't fall for the trap.
Never ever buy Holdens.

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: CG2 (2011-2018) Badge: Active Seats: 7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Captiva Active, awesome suv

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

Pretty much everything about car is good, ample legroom front and back. 7 seat option, sunroof, gives roughly 15 ltr/100km petrol consumption in city. Leather seats , android auto and apple play included. Reversing camera and daytime LEDs gives fine touch. Power cigratte socket in boot with aircon vents for 7 seat configuration.

1 of 24 pages