Generations:
Filter By:

Gold Coast

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: VF (2013-2017) Badge: SV6 Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Best family car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

I’ve had my 2013 vf for just over two years now and I love it! I have four kids and they’re is plenty of room for them ranging in ages 10years-2years old. I love all the features from remote start which is a life saver on hot days to cool the car down before we get in, comfortable seats which have multiple positions, the boot is huge it doesn’t look like it from the outside but it’s seriously huge. I’ve driven multiple long trips with my kids between qld/nsw with ease, everybody’s so comfortable so it makes it a breaze. It’s our everyday purpose car, school runs, shopping, sporting activities, it’s very reliable and the only thing I’ve had to replace is tyres and a battery! We picked ours up sv6 2013 for $19,000 and it’s the best $19k I’ve spent!

• 3 answers
Private message

Generation: VZ (2004-2006) Badge: SV6 Z Series Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2015

Aussie icon and I love it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I had a 2005 sv6 the hsv by design edition as well as a Lumina 2005 ar the same time at one stage both were low kms and were well maintained by their original owners.

The sv6 was 5 speed, leather seats, body kit and shifters on the stearing wheel. Wsy above average for the cars around ay that time.

And the lumina had its body kit and the inside wasnt much different than other vzs.

The vz was a great car, quick of the mark, solid and if the car was looked after then you are a happy driver.

Only con about them is that due to their age the little annoying things continually require fixing such as thermostat, radiator and leaking hoses

Newcastle

Private message

Generation: VF (2013-2017) Badge: SV6 Body: Sportwagon Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great Big Australian

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

I purchased the last of the Australian built SV6 Commodore Wagon. I love this car so much and still look forward to my 30min drive to work each day. The quality is excellent and the amount of tech astounded me. This car self parks (thought I wouldn’t use it but I do) auto headlights and great sound system and Sat nav. Such a shame we don’t build in Australia anymore. My last Aussie built car was a 1967 HR Premier i used back in the 70’s. On average its sitting on 9.4 L per 100km so not bad for a great big Australian.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

Generation: VE (2006-2013) Badge: Omega Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great car for the family. Plenty of room, good on fuel.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

I use my car daily ferrying the kids to school as well as commuting to and from work, we regularly take it on the open road, goes beautifully. I service it every 6 months, no known issues so far. This car was very well maintained by its previous owner. All I’ve had to do was put new tyres on it and replace brake pads, it’s a very comfortable family car. And so far very reliable.
After driving manual transmission cars for the last 20 years the auto transmission is an added bonus! My VE is one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

Generation: VZ (2004-2006) Badge: Executive Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Avoid VZ commodores

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Bought as daily driver, 2nd hand. Worst car I've ever owned. Overcharging and burning relays. No mechanics or auto elecs can tell me why.
2nd set of timing chains after 250thou ks.
Sensors dying left right & centre.
Rattles & noises galore.
Trash mileage.
Just a heap of junk in general.
Avoid holdens.

Mildura

• 1 question
Private message

Generation: VF (2013-2017) Badge: SS V Redline Body: Sedan Engine Size: 6.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Final Holden made in Aus!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Fantastic car! The last ever made in Australia and we are glad we bought one. Used daily for family travel this car provided comfort as well as luxury. Getting serviced every 6-8months is working well, still only on our first set of breaks but third set of tires, the down side to low profile tires.

Purchased at: Holden Dealers

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

VIC

Private message

Generation: VE (2006-2013) Badge: International Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2014

one of the best car's

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

i use this car pretty much everyday and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. the car is very basic car but is perfect for every day life. i've only had to get the car serviced one or twice over the past 3-4 years that i have owned the car. but those were mainly just because of the fact that the car was old. but other than that one of the best cars that you could possibly own

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: VE (2006-2013) Badge: Omega Body: Sedan Engine Size: 5.7 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2018

such a good car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Love my Commos, good, solid reliable car. you can crash most cars and they are a complete right off - Not a commodore it will take a hit and keep on going. Parts are easy to find and cheap and the few minor issues they have later in life is easy fixed.

Generation: VZ (2004-2006) Badge: Executive Body: Sportwagon Engine Size: 3.8 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2010

Solid working man's wagon and *very* reliable!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Hot chilli red (HSV colour), bought in June 2010 ex-Services (CFA) fleet, 84,000km. A bit of neglect of it on their part as they transitioned to the VE Omega in their fleet, and intensive effort to clean up engine once bought. Interior trim and furnishings A1. Fitted sheepies to front, compatible with seat-flank airbags. Ultra comfy! Fast forward 8 years and this much-travelled, serviced-to-the-book workhorse has proven to be the most reliable, efficient and fearless of any car I have owned in 27 years. Taken around Australia in July-October 2011/32,000km/2 scheduled services (not towing). Not a single problem to report. Averages 7.4L/100km on Surf Coast-Melbourne-Albury/Wodonga running PULP98 -- no aggro city/suburban driving. Have seen similar/identical cars which have been tampered with enthusiastically by backyard mechanics, and this has lead to huge problems of erratic, faulting and generally unreliable operation as a direct result of interference and forced modification. These cars do not take well to fiddling with electronics and the engine. I don't really recommend 91RON petrol as this does not bring out the best in the Alloytec which is capable of phenomenal fuel economy in the right conditions (extended freeway driving, especially) with higher octane fuel (95-98, but not 100). And so...now at 183,220km won't be shoving it off any time now or in the near future!

• 6 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: VE (2006-2013) Badge: Omega Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2007

Drives well

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

My daily commuter a ve series 1 2007 dual fuel , When i brought the car it had timing chain issues but i drove it like that for 50,000km then i decided to change them (they were missing by a tooth on the gear) because of the check engine light , after that it was no problem but car went the same , good smooth car , good on lpg , shockers get leaky after about 150,000km , it's a typical aussie car very reliable besides the timing faults , nice to drive , handles surprisingly well, had it for 5 years , big back space , huge inside feels like a lounge , plenty of power , and if you like engine noise when you step on it , it's there , safe car .

Purchased at: Holden Dealers

Badge: Berlina Body: Sedan Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2010

Old Car. Still lives on

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I own a 1994 Holden Berlina, even tho my car has Fair Wear and Tear condition. It still drives and works at its perk. I just love older cars. In the space of the 8 years I have owed my car. It has broken down only 3 times. No lie only 3.

Brisbane

• 2 answers
Private message

Generation: VE (2006-2013) Badge: SV6 Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Money Pit

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Bought a series 1 SV6 with 6 speed manual. 83,000kms when I bought it in 2015, 135,000kms when i sold it 2018. Loved it as it was my first car. After about 2 years of ownership the problems began. Clutch died, radiator cracked, washer bottle cracked, radiator hose split, driver's side strut-top loosened and rattled like a jar of change. Exhaust formed a leak at catalytic converter weld, went through 2 engine oil pressure sensors in 1 year, air con compressor made a hell of a racket, and of course the timing chains stretched. Spent over $8k in repairs not including servicing every 10,000kms (whoever decided on 15k intervals should be shot).

Good space, good interior and exterior styling, good power, good gear box.

Will never buy another commodore as Holden failed miserably on the VE.

Generation: ZB (2018) Badge: Esteem Body: Sedan Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Excellent Drive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

The interior look is also best described as elegant, with fresh shapes that flow cohesively into the door trims and centre console. There’s a general air of quality about it, but it’s let down by some cheap-feeling controls and switches, particularly the climate control knobs. The unmatchable mileage is what really excited me for the purchase.

Private message

Generation: VE (2006-2013) Badge: Omega Body: Sportwagon Engine Size: 3.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2018

great car, lots of space, smooth ride

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

A great vehicle for a family, whether commuting or long distance (drove it from Melbourne to Brisbane over two days, with no problems whatsoever), mine has only 59 000 kms (being an ex company vehicle, so not thrashed). The six speed automatic is smooth and powerful, though I wonder if the fuel consumption is actually more than stated. The only minor complaint I have is that the back wagon door doesn't shut properly, unless closed very carefully: often takes multiple attempts to do it right, otherwise no issues and I'm very happy with it.

Private message

Generation: VE (2006-2013) Badge: SV6 Body: Sedan Engine Size: 6.0 Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Big spacious,cruise, reliae

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I use my car commuting to work mostly as I ttavel 60ks four times a week as a.musician I think this car is ideal because of it cruise control and good in.feul, I get the. At serviced every 10,000 ks, and I have had no issues with it.I think that I will get my moneys worth and it will last me years, I like the spacious boot, and room inside the car

• 1 review
  • 1 question
Private message

Generation: VE (2006-2013) Badge: Omega Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2012

Dual fuel omega best ccar ive owned!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

My 2010 omega has clocked up 624000 kms, interstate trips almost every week and back and forth to perth a thousand times
Great economy on fuel and gas ,motor is quiet cold and im sure it's going to go for ages yet.the interior is a bit daggy but planning an upgrade to sv6 interior soon.

Private message

Generation: VF (2013-2017) Badge: Calais V Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Nice car with all bells and whistles

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Bought our Holden Calais VF in 2016 from Brighton Holden., best decision we made. We have had a BMW and other cars but this one ticked all the boxes. It is powerful, spacious, latest tech, drives well, mileage is good too. My wife loves it's self parking function and the Bose speakers

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Dandenong South, Victoria

• 1 answer
Private message

Generation: ZB (2018) Badge: SV6 Body: Sedan Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Superb Sports Car.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I love the design and acceleration of holden commodore sv6 2018. Interior is awesome and very comfortable for long daily driving and options like apple carplay and wireless mobile charging and 360 camera provide you all quality feature and 5 year warranty will cover your all cost of damage. I recommend buying roadside assistance for it.

Geelong

Private message

Generation: VF (2013-2017) Badge: Equipe Body: Sportwagon Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Get what you pay for

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Car drives well. Handling is good. Road noise is average. Interior doesn't differ too much from the ve and is starting to look a bit dated already. Bluetooth is a nice function. Econony is right on what you would expect. Overall the car is fine without being fantastic. Good value for money

Verified Purchase Generation: VF (2013-2017) Badge: Calais Body: Sportwagon Engine Size: 3.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Very pleased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

This is my seventh Holden and I have never had any problems with any of them. I bought it second hand one year old. Our family has owned many different makes and models and I rate this the the best car I have owned. It is quiet on the road, handles well and is comfortable. I use it mainly for long trips and it is surprisingly economical for a big car. Only thing I have had replaced was a broken dust seal around the latch on the tailgate and this was done under warranty. Capped servicing is reasonable compared with other cars I have compared it with. Pity it is the last of the rear drive Aussie cars.

Purchased at: Westside Auto Wholesale