Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Hose reel fell apart !

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

The hose reel unit was purchased at Bunnings less than 18 months ago. The whole unit has recently split apart and is no longer functional.
Very disappointing for a product that was more expensive than other available units in the store.
Looking to receive a new unit under warranty or a full refund.

Model: 1110H (10m) Date Purchased: May 2018

Absolute Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Purchase this from Bunnings on May 2 this year (2018). I extended this hose for the 4th time (not past the yellow indicator by the way) and it would not retract no matter how slow or careful I was. I have now taken it apart and found the plastic retaining hub that fits into the central axle is broken. Very disappointed as I thought Holman products were all a rung above the rest.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Martin, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. We are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the un... read more »

Hello and thank you for responding. Unfortunately I have returned ithe unit to Bunnings and gotten a refund so can’t provide further details.

Holman Official

Hello Martin, We are glad to hear Bunnings were able to assist you with this matter.

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Leader hose split at 18 months

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Unit worked perfectly until lead in hose split after 18 to 24 months.
Pros: worked as described. No retraction issues.
Cons: lead in hose split after 18 to 24 months. It lay a few cms from a western facing wall, so had to deal with extremes of hot / cold.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Gordon, We do have this available as a spare part. You are welcome to call us on 1300 716 188 and our customer Service Team can assist you further. Thank you, your Holman Service Team!

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

3 Months And Going Strong

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Bought about 3 months ago now and seems to be doing the job. Sits in sun for a good deal during day and cannot see any sign of fading or breaking down. Would give 5 stars but we have low pressure at our joint and feel some other hoses have used in the past deal a bit better. Think it is a trade off though as more expensive hoses have more material so less channel for water to flow.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Bramos, Thank you for your review. Your unit is covered by our 2-year replacement warranty and if you have any issues, please contact us on 1300 716 188 for assistance. Thank you, your Holman Service team1

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Won't retract

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Purchased a 30m retractable from bunnings caloundra. Plastic covering started coming apart at the screws, looks like it does like being in the weather. When pulling out the hose the spring made a loud noise and wouldn't retract anymore. These are really badly made not worth the $130 I payed for it.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello John, we are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. We are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the uni... read more »

thankyou for your reply and offer. But I will not be taking up your offer for exchange. I feel that I will be only getting more of the same, and will try another companies product. Thankyou

Holman Official

That is certainly your decision John, but we would hate to see this unit, under warranty, go to waste! You are welcome to exchange if you change your mind. Thank you, your Holman Service Team!

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

3 months old and won't retract. Bought at Bunnings

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

Purchased two 30 mtr hose models about 4 months ago and already failing! I went to the trouble of mounting it to the wall and setting it up, now it only retracts the first 10 meters. Shame on Holman for producing a terrible product and shame on Bunnings for continuing to stock it.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Simon, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. I am happy for you to exchange it for another, if the unit i... read more »

WATTLE GROVE, NSW

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Retract Failure - Very Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

Purchased a Holman 30 retractable real and hose at Bunnings Revesby. There were cheaper models, thought Id spend extra to get a better quality unit. Now the unit will not retract and sounds like the ratchet inside is just skipping and spring tension lost. Seems to be a common issue. Products now days are not built to last. Less than 3 yrs old and it does not retract... money down the drain.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Original, Weare sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable unit. While some parts in the units can be repaired, or replaced, other parts, such as the ratchet and internal spr... read more »

PERTH

• 1 answer

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Severe quality issues

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I purchased a 20m Holman retractable hose reel from Bunnings Cannington 16 month's ago.
Unfortunately it's no longer operative. Within 3 months the hose had split near the tap fitting. That was inconvenient but soon fixed.
Then last week when attempting to draw out the hose there was a sprong noise and it was no longer retracting.
The spring itself is now just floating in the body. The plastic shaft has broken.
I am unable to locate my purchase receipt which precludes me claiming a credit or replacement from Bunnings.
The batch number is 1639.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Chris G, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable unit. While some parts in the units can be repaired, or replaced, other parts, such as the ratchet and internal s... read more »

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Not very impressed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

Hello everyone,

Even i have run into problems with the product. Worked very well in the beginning but the top of the casing started to give way about 3 months ago and has finally given way completely. I now have the unit off the wall sitting on the floor. The plastic could have been reinforced with proper metal to hold the weight of the whole unit.

Cheers
Alan

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Alan, Thank you for contacting Holman Industries with your query. We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. I... read more »

Hello everyone, Just wanted to let you know while that particular piece was defective, instructions from the Holman support team was very good and my problem has been rectified. Based on my custom... read more »

Holman Official

Thank you Alan! We are always here to assist our customers.

Just a bad product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

I have had the 30 metre retractable hose reel for only 6-8 months - now locked up and can't get it to unlock. No coincidence that others are having so many issues. Bought at Bunnings Ashfield who also have a lot to answer for in stocking this product. Don't want a replacement - going on the heap for Council pickup!!

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Paul C, Thank you for contacting Holman Industries with your query. We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way.... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Model: 1110H (10m) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Wont lock in to place when extended

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Hi, I purchased the 10m Holman retractable hose reel about 6 months (may not even be that long) and now it will not lock when extended. When extending or retracting the hose it makes a loud clicking noise and I’m unsure how to fix it. I no longer have my receipt but it was purchased at Bunnings in Melton. I’m not sure what to do from here? Should this still be under warranty if I don’t have the receipt?

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Adam, we are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. We are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the unit i... read more »

Oh wow thank you so much for getting back in touch that’s great customer service. Much appreciated. Will follow the instructions

Brisbane

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

The good looking UNDERPERFORMER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Bought it last year from Bunnings Bethania and as per my experience with them taking back any faulty items can be a serious challenge, when my Holman retractable 30 m stopped retracting I did fixed myself first (the coil jumped out from the end holder) when it died again a month later pulled apart one more time just to see the spring coil has broken at not just one!!! position. FOLKS, DO NOT TRY TO FIX THIS HOLMAN PRODUCT EVER!! The coil jumped off as it was broken at MULTIPLE positions and I am lucky to got away unharmed. If I'm alone there, it could kill me easily. But what I observed through the process of pulling apart the unit, decent design (most of it) being built from substandard quality of materials. Less than a year use and guides bent, worn out, the house is deteriorated from the sun, even if the coil would not brake this unit would not last over a year, thanks to the overall substandard quality of the built materials. Never Holman again.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Las, we are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. we are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the unit... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Retract lock not working

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

Had this for 16 months and suddenly hose cannot be locked out and always trying to retract.
I could not find the receipt to get a replacement under the 2 year warranty so pulled it apart and found the center nylon shaft sheared, time for the bin and will look at the hoselink link brand

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Peter, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. We are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the unit ... read more »

I have emailed a few days ago but have not heard anything

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Hose can't be locked while retracted

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Hi,
I really like the retractable hose, but the hose doesn't lock when retracted. Does anyone have a solution to this?? It's less than 2 years old but I can't find the receipt and I know that Bunnings won't exchange it without one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ole

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Ole, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. We are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the unit ... read more »

Elanora

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

So! So! Disappointed, poor engineering

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Bought the H (113030 in December 2017 from Bunnings
I had the same problem, just 2 months after purchase, very bad engineering!!
Buckled reel & belt off, Hose is sticky and stretchy.
If I'd known I would never have bought it!!
It will damage Holman's image,
I thought their quality to be excellent not anymore!!
I will never buy another product of theirs
So Disappointed!
Paul

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Paul, we are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. We are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the unit... read more »

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Unfortunately a poor product.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I have 2x 20m hose reels. Both hoses cracked within 2 years and were replaced. Now 1 x reel has broken. 2 year warranty is not enough for this product and all the reviews here tell me enough to never by this companies products again. Disappointing for an Aussie company to manufacture such rubbish.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Henry, Thank you for your review. You are welcome to contact us with any warranty issues you may have on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Service Team!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

belt connecting worm drive to to main hub jumping off cog.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Purchased 30mtr hose reel from bunnings Wallsend in september 1917.The hose centering guide stopped tracking on the worm drive about a month ago.As I could not find the receipt I opted to dismantle the reel and see if I could repair it myself.As stated above i found the small drive belt had dislodged and the hose had rewound all over the place.I was able reassemble the reel to a working order ( not an easy job). Unfortunately the problem happened again today and I had to repeat the repair.It appears the plastic wheel containing the hose is warped ,rubs on the drive belt and pushes the belt off the hub cogs. John W.
p.s. we purchased a 10 mtr reel about 6 months prior to the 30 mtr and have not had any problems

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello John W, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. We are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the uni... read more »

Thanks we will send batch no to email and are happy to take a replacement we were a little disappointed that the unit performed in this manner

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Disappointing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Purchased my Holman 30mt retractable house really from Bunnings warehouse in August 2017. It worked well for a couple of weeks and then stopped rewinding. Very disappointing as I thought Holman products were excellent quality. Should have spent a little more and gone with something else. Now I see there is a 2 year warranty but I no longer have a receipt.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Holman Official

Hello ScottTheggie, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. I am happy for you to exchange it for another, if the... read more »

Adelaide

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Dec 2015

So disappointed. Hose reel leaks like a sieve and retraction mechanism doesn't work.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

Received above item as a Christmas present two years ago. Item was purchased from Bunnings Marion. Due to unforeseen circumstances I didn't install the hose reel until late December 2017. Hose reel was stored in its box unopened until it was mounted. The box (and hose reel) was stored in my locked garage for the entire time and not handled roughly. From first operation water was leaking (running) from the bottom of the casing. Third or forth operation, whilst pulling the hose out I heard a 'zinging' sound. I immediately thought it was the retracting spring - sure enough - the hose doesn't retract anymore. So disappointed as my parents have three of these items and they are fantastic. I have discussed the situation with Bunnings, I do not have the receipt nor does the person who gave it to me. Bunnings wouldn't entertain an exchange which is fair enough. The most disappointing part of it is that the hose reel and hose has only been used 3 or 4 times. The hose reel I currently have is useless.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Scott A, we are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. I am happy for you to exchange it for another, if the unit... read more »

Thank you for your prompt response. Per the above advice I called the Holman Service Team shortly after receiving this reply. I can only compliment the Service Team for the excellent, empathetic and honest service received. Thank you team.

Holman Official

Your welcome Scott A, always available to assist our customers!

Adelaide

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Retracts at very dangerous speed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Like others, I too have a unit that was fine initially but within a few months got progressively harder to uncoil. It now retracts at incredible speed and would be quite easy for someone to be seriously injured using it. It feels like it could rip your shoulder out. I didn't keep receipt do would like to know what Holman will do for such a young faulty product. I'd like a replacement that works as expected.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Billy, I we are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. I am happy for you to exchange it for another, if the uni... read more »

1 of 10 pages