Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Garbage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

After 30 years of manually reeling in my hose I thought I would splurge and drop the $120 odd on a retractable hose reel. I thought I’d choose what I thought was a reputable brand, Holman. Turns out I just thrown my money away because it’s an absolute piece of crap. Less than 6 months old used a handful of times it doesn’t retract the hose and it’s so faded it looks 20 years old. Disappointed is an understatement.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Cam, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable hose reel. Your unit should not be performing this way. We are happy for you to exchange it for another, if the unit is... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Springs failed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Bought 2 x 30m Homlan retractable hose reels at the end of last year from Bunnings Warehouse in New Zealand. They both no longer retract. I tried to fix them by rewinding the tension on the springs, however I can hear the springs uncoiling on their own, even when not under tension. I have not kept the receipts. Codes on the inside of the lids are 1643 and 17/27

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Leon, We are sorry to hear this has happened to your units. They are within the given warranty period and we will happily have them replaced for you. Please contact us service@holmanindustrie... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 52 helpful votes

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Dec 2015

VERY poor to get only 2 years out of it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

I nagged my sons to by my this for Christmas as a treat.

Within the first 3 months the spray gun was squirting water from the sides. I return it to Bunnings who tell me that I have to bring in THE WHOLE UNIT! I couldn't be bothered and just bought a replacement gun. After the 2nd Christmas 2017 it would not retract at all. Back to Bunnings who say it can't be repaired and it now outside the warranty period.

Considering it is mounted in the shade, protected from the weather and used on my 2 watering days per week I'm disgusted and would not purchase or reccomend.

The Bunnings staff member actually told me they have many complaints.

I should have complained directly to Holman at the time.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Lulu65, we are sorry to hear this has happened to your unit, we are indeed available to take your queries on 13000 716 188. If this unit was a gift in 2016, your unit will still be under the ... read more »

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Same issue as the others - only 2 uses and it no longer retracts the full length

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

We have only used our hose twice and yesterday after only pulling it halfway it started to vibrate and it will no longer retract the full way. After reading all the bad reviews all with similar issues - I wonder if it it time to report this higher - clearly a fault across the board. Purchased at Bunnings.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Karenjonez, Thank you for your review. It is less than 2% of our retractable units that do indeed fail, of the many thousands that are sold each year, to date less than 100 have been reviewed... read more »

lilydale

• 1 question

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Hose wont fully retract

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

I have a holman 30 m hose reel that I received as a present so do not have the receipt- I have put in a nominal date purchased as I do not have the exact date.. I believe it is less than 2 years old and the batch no is 17/41. The problem occurred when I was pulling the hose out and at about 25m i heard what sounded like something spinning in the reel after which it would only retract about 10 metres. can you advise if this batch falls within the warranty period. I know the item was purchased at bunnings chirnside park

Regards
Tony

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Tony, Thank you for your review. While some parts in the units can be repaired, or replaced, other parts, such as the ratchet and internal spring, are not. We do offer replacement on units ... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

This is so far superior to all others. Absolutely amazing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Works every time.
Smooth. Effective.
The quality is amazing and it out performs it's competitor's to such a degree it is not even comparable.
I cannot recommend this product highly enough.
I am absolutely thrilled that I bought a Holman product.
So thrilled I am replacing all my watering and irrigation needs with Holman products.
Love the low pressure sprinklers.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Happy, thank you for your review. We are so please you are enjoying your Holman Retractable Unit. Unfortunately, the low pressure sprinklers are not an item that we produce. Thank you, your Holman Service Team!

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

It's crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

I received a 20m automatic retractable hose reel last Christmas as a present. The hose already will not retract as the tooth that forms part of the guide to ensure that the hose retracts evenly onto the hose reel has worn out and the hose will not fully retract as it "locks" part way through the retraction process.

The part concerned is made out of plastic and is susceptible to wearing out I believe and is probably a common problem.

I sent an email to Holman via their website on Sunday 21/10/18 to which, I received a reply offering to replace it.

I then called Holman's head office on Wednesday who said that they do not have any replacement parts (I offered to buy 4-5 of them from Holman's even though it is under warranty, as I have installed it on a wall I really do not want to uninstall it, take it back to the place of purchase, take the replacement home and then reinstall it again when it will probably wear out again anyway) but Holman did offer to replace the whole thing under warranty. I asked how long it would take them to get those parts in and they advised "a couple of months".

So, in all, I am not a happy camper. It seems to me to be more than a little ridiculous to expect me to uninstall it, take it into the place of purchase, bring the replacement home and then install it again over what is literally a ten cent part when they should have these parts available for purchase.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Kevin, thank you for your review, we are sorry you refused a replacement unit. The bracket is interchangeable, remove the pin, the unit will come off, no need to 'uninstall' then 'reinstall'.... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Fails to retract after only 2.5 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Not very impressed. Just outside the warranty and then failing. Considering used only once or twice in the summer. The hoses ability to retract has gradually failed to the extent that half of the 30m will no longer retract into the unit. I feel that I have paid enough money for a product you would hope might last 7-8 years.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Gregorio, If your unit is indeed just out of warranty, we would be willing to replace this for you. Please contact us on 1300 716 188 for further assistance. Thank you, your Holman Team!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Made to fail

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

The idea is great and works fine for the initial period of warranty but the springs fail and no longer retract and are NOT able to be replaced as locked in a sealed unit.
After purchasing 3 Of this brand, 2 of which have failed, We wont buy this brand again. Disappointing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Ricketty, Thank you for your review. Our reels are indeed spring driven and are the best priced with the longest warranty of their kind on the market. We do honour our warranty periods, and h... read more »

Hi Holman Official - I rang Holmans and was advised that the spring units are sealed and can not be maintained or serviced much to my disappointment. I was also told that my warranty period had e... read more »

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Product, good quality.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Couldn't be happier with Product and Delivery to PO Box Via Aust. Post. Pleasant experience all round. Product as a whole appears to be of very good quality, Spray gun is a ripper, you can feel the quality in it's use. Installation is quick and easy. Living in a Rural area delivery of Products purchased on line to our P.O. is usually a problem as a lot of companies will not do this only using a delivery company who 9 times out of 10 will not deliver out to our place as it is to far off the Highway! Very frustrating , so your delivery was great in itself.

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Easier to have on wall and retractable is the way to go

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Very happy with unit easy to use can't wait for summer so I can use it more.Better then using a tangled hose and having to lay it in the sun so it is easier to put away.Also good that I get a spray nozzle as well as all the fittings to set up.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Yoults, Thank you for your review! I have passed your comments along to product R&D. Remember we are available on 1300 716 188 for any queries you may have. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Victoria

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 54 helpful votes

Model: 1110H (10m) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

RUBBISH-!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2018

I have spent an absolute fortune on these hose reels only to find them all and I mean ALL of them absolute rubbish!
Bought Two 20 meter hose reels- One for home and One for our beach house. BOTH stopped retracting properly after 3 yrs.
Bought Two 10 meter hose reels for other areas of our home. BOTH once again broke down and stopped retracting after 3 yrs.
PLUS!! The hoses are rock hard!
This 2 year warranty is a crock of you know what!
For the money I have paid for these 4 hose reels, I would have expected them all to last into many many years. NOT 3 years as mine did and this two year warranty business is not enough for the cost of these items.
PLUS!! I have bought several Holman trigger guns and they too are rubbish, only lasting a few years before corroding or getting so damn stiff it’s ridiculous.
Holman.... you owe me a fortune for all the crap products I have purchased.
I will NEVER buy Holman products ever again!!
After your 2 yrs that’s it!
All my Holman products just went out on the naturestrip for rubbish collection. All have been picked up by scroungers.All I can say is “good luck” you scrounges trying to get any decent working out of any of them.
I’m so angry, because of the money I have absolutely wasted on all the HOLMAN rubbish!
And that’s what it all is....... Rubbish!

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Victoria, Thank you for your review. We have forwarded your comments through to our development team for their review. Please be aware that your unit had a 2-year warranty, the hoses have a 5... read more »

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Easy to install and works well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Just purchased one of these and it was easy to install and so far works really well. The hose and reel comes all assembled and all you need to do is drill the holes. So much better than my tangled mess before.

This will help water the garden during summer which means nicer garden :)

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello BomberGee, Thank you for your review1 We are happy to hear you are enjoying your new Holman Reel. Thank you, your Holman Service Team.

Brisbane

Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Much easier than a traditional hose.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

I was unsure about the initial outlay on the retractable unit. But decided to purchase the Holman unit over others as I had previously had a really good experience with their product warrantee division.
Very happy I did. The unit works very smootly and feels very solid and well built.
It is also very nice not having to deal with a mess of hoses all the time.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Brad, Thank you for your review! Your kind words have been forwarded through to our development team. If you ever need assistance, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thankyou, your Holman service Team!

Verified Purchase Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Quality Quality Quality!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

This hose, reel and spray gun are such good quality, it should last a very long time. It was worth every penny! I'm going to purchase the cover as well to protect it from the weather. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, and in fact, I already have.

Purchased at: Hoselink

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Leechicka, Thank you for your review!

Verified Purchase Model: 1130H (30m) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Low pressure

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Hi. Just installed one of these reels. We are not on mains water and have a bore with 600kpa and high flow. It appears there are restrictions inside the unit as another samw diameter hose and lenght provides a huge increase.
This would hardly was bird poo of a car now!
Can the restrictions be removed as it is not a mains connection.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Crunch, there should be no noticeable restriction in water flow with our reels. If you feel that this is not performing as it should, please do exchange your unit for another. Thank you, your Holman Team!

G'day thanks for the reply. I have tried the hose with the supplied nozzle, this works ok and will suffice. When swapped for a brass jet type nozzle from the comparison hose of same diameter and l... read more »

Holman Official

Thank you for your feedback! It is important to us as we continue to improve our products. Your Holman Team!

Brisbane

Very nice indeed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Just installed the unit and run our first test. Worked wonderfully, very strong connections, great quality of hose and retraction unit. Spray gun is also fantastic. Seems longer than the 30m that we ordered, however, I haven't actually measured it. The hose appears to remain kink free and overall is a very nice unit as a whole.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello MickM, thank you for your review. we are happy to hear you are enjoying your new unit. Thank you, your Service Team!

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Much better than the earlier model l purchased 2 years ago

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Fantastic softer hose than the earlier model that used to be harder retracting because of the stiffness . More in the cold days. Lastest model l purchased in early february . Keep up the good work improving your products as l use most of your them including your hose attatchments. Many thanks George.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello George, Thank you for your review! Customer in put is so important for us to continually improve our products, we are listening! Thank you, your Holman Service Team!

• 1 review
  • 2 answers

Great little unit

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Purchased this as a Fathers Day present for my husband and he's very happy with it! It's only been used a couple of times so can't really rate on long term usage or how it goes being in the sun over summer. Well priced and the quality is reasonable in my opinion. I have the receipt so if anything goes wrong, I'm happy it will be under warranty! Thank you.

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Nat, thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your retractable unit. If you need contact us, for any reason, please do so on 1300 716 188. Thank you , your Holman Service Team!

Model: 1120H (20m) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

So happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Love the retractable hose and connections! Glides out easy locks straight away! I brought it for hubby for Father’s Day, as he is sick of hoses not locking when they are pulls them out. He washes his car , boat and cleans out cages! Uses it regularly! Thank you for a wonderful product

Comments
Holman Official

Hello Andy, we are happy to hear you are enjoying your Holman reel. Thank you for your review! Your Holman Team.

1 of 11 pages

Reel will not retract. What can I do to fix please?

John asked on Nov 10, 2018

Answer this

Hello John, While some parts in the units can be repaired, or replaced, other parts, such as the ratchet and internal spring, are not.
We do offer replacement on units that fail within the warranty period. Please send the batch number from your unit, located either under the lid, or on the back of your unit through to service@holmanindustries.com.au
This will help identify your unit and assist you further with your query. Thank you, your Holman team!

1120H (20m)

Hi, my Husband bought a Holman 20 several years ago. And, we have never had a problem until a couple of days ago, we seemed to have lost some water pressure, checked out the tap and it was fine, when we looked at the hose without the sprinkle, instead of the water coming out round ( like the shape of the hose), it is coming out flat, then today the Hose Reel started a loud whine. The hose pulls out, locks and retracks perfectly. Can someone please let us know what we need to do to fix our Holman? Thanks Carol

Carol M asked on Nov 04, 2018

Answer this

Hello Carol, there is obviously a blockage of some description in the reel.
You will need to determine if it is in the hose, or the reel.
The hose can be removed, please see the instructions on our website to be sure this is done correctly or you will run the risk of damaging your unit. If it is the hose, replace it with another. If it is within the unit, it may not be able to be removed.
Thank you, your Holman Team!

1130H (30m)

Hi. My kids purchased for me a Holman 30 retractable hose reel for Fathers Day this year (2018). The serial number is 17/37. The hose is only retracting half way and no further. I tried extending the hose a little more but it still only retracts half way before stopping. Quite disappointing considering it has only been used 2 or 3 times. What is my next move on a refund or replacement. Prefer a refund so I don't encounter this and many other issues I am seeing here. Thank you. Rod

Rod asked on Oct 28, 2018

Answer this

Hello Rod, While some parts in the units can be repaired, or replaced, other parts, such as the ratchet and internal spring, are not.
We do offer replacement on units that fail within the warranty period. Your unit is within warranty and you are welcome to return it to Bunnings for an exchange. If you are seeking a refund, you will need to present your original receipt to Bunnings and speak with them in this regard. If you need anything further, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

See all 133 questions about Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.