Responses from trades is excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Trades for my 2 projects responded within hours which allowed me to start my projects much earlier than expected and they were perfect for my needs.

Have used Hipages on a number of occasions for a variety of different trades.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I use Hipages whenever I have a repair or a project we are doing around our home. The responses from trades people are always prompt. I have used different trades on quite a few occasions and have had some excellent results. My last use was for repairs to my kitchen cupboards. I received 3 quotes and the tradesman I used was excellent and will definitely be using him again. He came when he said he would, he was the most professional tradesperson I have ever used. I would recommend him to anyone.

Don't believe the hype

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

We've recently had a terrible experience with a tradie who installed a ducted gas system that was not only faulty but installed dangerously. When I contacted hi pages they refused to post a negative review for the tradesman despite the fact that both the state gas inspector and consumer affairs were both aware of him and are overseeing him to repair damages and re install. This is incredibly irresponsible of hi pages - best not to use this service to find a reliable trades person as you will only find misleading information on their site.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Ridiculous don't sign up if you are a tradie $298 per year is a real rip off.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

This company is very pushy and thats for a reason (to take your money and run).
Allot of the jobs coming through are not even worth the time and who knows if you even get the job as everyone is undercutting everyone. We are supposed to be running a business here not a charity for hipages.
I'm very disappointed and have requested they cancel my membership but that seems to be too hard for them and continue to get calls asking why do I wish to cancel.
My email inbox is full of hipages rubbish it really isn't worth it. I have learnt my lesson an will not be pushed into any of these paid memberships just to get work better off sticking with Gumtree & Yellow-pages.

Only post good reviews

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I hired a stonemason who stuffed me around and cost me an extra $1300 than what he quoted. Tried to place a review on hipages and their words 'We try to deal with these types of reviews internally rather than allow them to be posted'. So in other words they wont post anything negative and funnily enough the stonemason on their page has all 5 star reviews. God help their next poor customer!

I would give no stars if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

If you are a company. NEVER EVER sign up. They will not cancel your contract even through you have been out of contract for over 2 years. We cancelled as the leads are rubbish.

melb

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Plumber

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I hired a plumber, from hipages and all i got is trouble, had to get another plumber to fix his mess at the cost of thousands of dollars. I had a few tradesman from hipages and wouldn't recommend any of them, not saying they are all bad, but beware of who you hire i wouldn't use hipages again.

Quick and efficient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Have used them a few times and they're quick to respond and provide contacts of businesses/tradies you're looking for in your area or suburb.

Great job friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Needed a small bricklaying job done and was struggling to find somebody locally and when I did receive a quote they wanted a fortune. Came to Hipages and was able to find a lovely man by the name of Patrick Hailwood to complete the job at a fantastic price. He came came out with his equally lovely son and completed the job in record time. Very impressed with their workmanship and would recommend them to anyone.

Let Hipages find you a good tradie.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Hipages can find you a tradie to give you a quote but almost never can they find 3. Its nice to know that the tradies they do provide have been vetted so you won't get someone that will do really bad work or rip you off. You'll find their tradies are friendly and professional and will give you a good value for money job.

gardening

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Some of the tradesmen are not professional or honest. But it is a good place to find different types of trade people.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Not happy at all. All they are interested in is taking your money. We spoke with a sales person who became rude when we questioned why we weren't getting any leads.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Professional job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

We had two tradies contact us reasonably quickly with quotes, to replace rotten corner fascia and leaking gutter. We chose Scott Nobel from leaffreevictoria. Scott did an excellent job in a timely manner. Scott found a minor problem once he had removed the old fascia and fixed it without any fuss. Scott had a friendly demeanor and likes bacon and egg sandwiches for lunch.

• 3 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Crap scammer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Be careful of bad karma. You have designed something to rip people off. Just be mindful that you are scamming real tradies who are running small businesses. Your service is absolutely crap.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Tradesman and customers- beware and stay away- detailed review.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I back Jess- they didnt ask for proof of having a licence when i signed up- which makes me believe Nobari's review- Ask for proof of qualifications to do the work on your home, you could be at risk with no insurance or protection from major issues. Its not worth your home or life (Electrical faults putting your life at risk ect.)
and as for JAS the tradesman- he is correct, i did get a better deal but the leads are ridiculous and some aren't part of the trade you are registered for.
They will bill you quickly and then wont help when you decide that hi pages is not for you.
I signed up, the next day received 6 phone calls the next day from other advertising agents that just want you to advertise with them and also lending loan sharks that get your number from Hi pages. I have been trying to get my money back as i cancelled in the cooling off period and i haven't had any contact from them regarding this matter other than by message on the app. they say the will contact me in 24hrs still they haven't 5+ days later. Had one phone call from them yesterday- to help me edit my page, i told him that i want to cancel and he said "oh ok thanks we will get some to contact you in 24hrs", and went to hang up! no help or info on who what or offer to transfer to someone who can help
they are useless and unprofessional
i would give them less than 1 star if i was possible.

update- I called on the Monday days to have my account cancelled- people can still see that my business is on the page and i cant reply- this is giving my business a bad name. They said someone will be back with me in 3-4 days.
I said NO! their reply was that all the team members were on calls and they cant take my call. I said i will wait, they said they are now on break.
Only a sales team can cancel an account.

33 min of digging my heals in on the phone i got some to cancel.
They really isn't worth the hassle.

Excellent job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

SidTaylor&Sons Maintenance were great for my job
Adrian done a great job painting inside of house he was very friendly and good at his job would highly recommend him

Scam and harassment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I joined Hipages at the beginning of October for $298 a year. They couldn't even get my details right on the website and they never once asked if I was insured. You do not read or sign a written contract, it is a fast talking low-paid backpacker reading a script with hipages saying you are now in a non negotiable verbal contract.

Immediately the Indian scammers started calling my phone because they were sold my details, even the ones that did not appear on the website. All day, every day they hounded me, so I had to get a new phone.

The leads are mostly false, I investigated them offline myself after becoming suspicious, and they are fake. Then I noticed hipages took $1 from my credit card before the transaction disappeared from my bank transaction list. I got an unsolicited email from hipages saying they didn't take the money and blamed my bank. Lucky I had already taken a screen shot of the transaction.

I cancelled my credit card 3 weeks after I joined hipages and reported them to the ACCC.
I emailed hipages and told them I was done and they can keep the $298 but to leave me alone and that I would not be responding to their harassment any further.

2 days later I got a call from the debt collectors Marshall Freeman. I told them to go eff themselves.
I posted this fact on hipages facebook page which they immediately removed although another post I made is still on their facebook.

Then they tried telling me my free SMS trial was up and I had to pay $69 per month to get SMS leads. I never wanted SMS only email alerts. Lucky I cancelled my credit card.

The calls and emails from hipages and the Indian scammers continue daily - which I ignore. I will not respond to them. The ACCC better step up and sort this mob out. It is nothing but a scam and harassment on a daily basis.

To the people who use hipages looking for tradies, wake up to yourselves - the tradies are charged per lead, they do not have to show any licences or insurance. Only the tradies' business ABN and relevant licence eg: builder's is checked online. Tradies are paying anywhere from $1-100 to give free quotes. It doesn't mean they will get the job either. You deserve the bottom feeders that come and wreck your property if you read this and still think you are getting a great deal having 3 or more tradies give you free quotes.

A very clever money grubbing business model indeed for the scammers that call themselves HIPAGES. Oh, and just so everybody knows, Newscorp Ltd has a 25% stake in this scam which is why you see hipages widely advertised. Don't make the rich richer!

Automatically renew your membership even though it had been cancelled months ago

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

They processed a payment for $298 months after I finished my contract and cancelled my membership.
Fraud.

Do not use.

They are scammers.

Deduct money from my credit cards for nothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Got deducted and they wont show me my lead credits, and keep saying i accepted leads and therefore i have to pay even if the customer gives me no replies

Riverland

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

They don't even check licences. STAY AWAY!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

We hired a tradie off hipages who we had put some air conditioning units in and have now found out that he wasn't even a qualified licenced tradie. Therefore now we have to have someone come and check and fix the work. Hipages claim they check all licences etc but clearly not true and after going back to hipages have been told basically too bad so sad. So be warned STAY CLEAR OF HIPAGES.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes