Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

A simple process from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

I couldn't be happier with the service and advice provided by Homebuyers. Luke took the time and interest in my purchase and then he and other Homebuyers staff made regular follow ups with me.
Any time I had questions, and there were quite a few of these. They were answered in a polite and positive manner.
Thank you for all of your help.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Christopher, Thank you so much for the taking the time to leave this review on your building experience with Homebuyers Centre, we are so pleased to hear that you're having a positive journe... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Quality Build. Quality Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

I am very impressed with the quality of my new home. I am currently at the lock up stage of the build and have not been able to fault any stage of the process so far. The build has been smooth with minimal delays and any concerns were rectified. A big thanks to my home consultant Scott Ashton who has been absolutely phenomenal, from the planning and design to lock up he has been there every step of the way. Scott has always been just a phone call away and his knowledge and experience has been extremely helpful in answering all of my questions. I also want to thank my mortgage broker Ivan Gavran for helping me get approved for the loan. I had never gone for finance before and he patiently guided me through the application. I am glad I chose Homebuyers Centre to build my first home and I would definitely recommend Scott and the team to others.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Jordan, We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review and are so pleased to hear that you have had a positive building experience with Homebuyers Centre. We will be sure to p... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Saved from making a huge mistake!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

I am very thankyou i walked into the Homebuyers Display Home when I did and met there Sales Rep Luke, I was only there looking for ideas on colours as already had signed up and paid my deposit to another builder. After talking to Luke about my experience with my builder so far he did have some concerns, so I did later check on a few things and found out his concerns where founded. I did not proceed with this builder and decided to go with the Homebuyers Centre and thankfully they credited me the deposit I had already paid which was a huge relief! So far the process with them has gone very smoothly and and I am feeling alot more confident and know I made the right choice. I can’t thank Luke enough for all his help and saving me from making a huge mistake!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Alicia, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Homebuyers Centre. We're so pleased to hear that you are having a positive experience with your New Homes Consultant, Luke McRae, and a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2016

Living my dream!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

I have been meaning to get around to writing this review for the past 6 months. I am over the moon with everything from the great customer service throughout my build to the layout and design of my house and especially thankful for my building supervisor Jon Bolton. He is a friendly,helpful approachable man and has been a phone call away even after handover of my keys. I can not fault anything with the quality of the build plus i was very excited to get my keys early. My house is my sanctuary and i couldn't be happier. Would definitely build with HBC again.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Hendrix, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review on your building journey with Homebuyers Centre. We are so glad to hear that your new home has become your sanctuary and th... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

good workmanship.... build is quality... all concerns rectified, but most of all I need to thank Spencer Jones the sales consultant who has been with me every step of the way... even the aftercare and his willingness to help and answer all questions... a true gentleman.... highly recommend homebuyers centre... the supervisor to the customer service was always immediately at your service. Cannot highly recommend enough Spencer Jones

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Martin, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience building with Homebuyers Centre and that Spencer was there for yo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Finally,we are in our new home.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

Since we started with the first phone call enquiry for a Home and Land package, their follow up was prompt and good. Booked in for an appointment with their consultant Mr.Carl Dowling. Since then there was no looking back. The consultant looked in to our requirements and made the quick progress towards our plans. Worked our plans and budget with the consultant. Sought advice and received help in all the aspects to build a home.
Land and home selections, finance, prestart, construction stages and keys handover all went very smooth and well. Finally we are now in our home.
The customer care response was prompt.
Thanks to carl Dowling, Homebuyers centre team, resolve finance staff Melissa, resolve legal team, parcel realty team.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

We love our new home from Homebuyers Centre!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

The workmanship and build quality was great throughout the whole building process. The tradesmen were constantly picking up on defects and getting them fixed before the next time we would enter the property.
Michael, our site manager managed the build perfectly, he always answered my text messages and got back to me promptly. He was great and always had everything very organised.
The customer service and support we received from Anna in the beginning and Chantelle throughout the build was fantastic, the made the whole process less stressful.

Perth

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

I'm in the lower 25% who've had a bad and stressful experience with HBC.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

There seems to be a huge schism with HBC reviews. There's the huge amount of people who've had a great experience with this company, and there's a small amount of us who've had terrible experience. I imagine the high reviewers were like the people who recommended this company to me. Who get confused when I tell them all the frustrations I've had, the low standards of build quality and the number of maintenance problems I've had no less than three months after moving in. They don't understand. HBC are fantastic, they had no problems with them and the house is fantastic.

I can only presume that there are a small number of contractors working for HBC who are hired either ad-hoc or on a demand basis who do not meet the standards required for good build quality, who do don't live up to Dale Alcock's name, who leave houses in a sorry state and who upset their customers who are stuck with a house that's already been signed and a customer service team that acts more as a buffer than someone who goes out of their way to help those who've been on the house building journey. From start to finish my house building experience had been extremely frustrating, stressful and I cannot in good conscience recommend this company unless you really know what you could be getting into and do your research before signing up with this builder.

I had a salesperson, like any person who sells real estate, told me what I wanted to hear on the day of preliminary. Oh you'll be overseas during March-June? Oh don't worry, you'll be fine! There's no way your house will be finished before July or August with our current build time. I made a mistake taking his word for granted, because the house was rushed and finished in April while I was in another country in an opposite time zone. I can't tell you how difficult and stressful it is trying to organize building inspections and paperwork for a builder while you're on the other side of the world. And they don't care that you're overseas, it's not their problem their sales person didn't give a toss about your own plans, if you don't sign X then you'll be charged Y for Z, etc. So it practically ruined what would have been a great holiday trying to stay up until 2AM sending stupid documents and talking to HBC using international call rates. But why should they care? Of course the complaints I've made regarding this I've had ignored, no apologies, no offers of sympathy or a holiday that was severely affected by dealing with their own deadlines, because why does my own time matter?

I must be the only person who's complained that their house was finished ahead of schedule. Odd, I know. But don't get me wrong, it seems the fact that the house was rushed so fast accounts to the shoddy build quality. The next door neighbour settled three months before me, his house was finished in June/July. It is exactly the same design as mine... and yet he's had no problems. Different contractors who probably took care and time to build the house as it should have been built. Not mine.

HBC will tell you that you can sign over the final paperwork on the proviso the items listed on the report will get done. I strongly reccomend that you don't sign the paperwork until they actually get the work done, or you may be caught waiting a long time for work to get done (and more work to be done down the track).

Since moving in, I've had the following problems:

- Upon signing the final inspection paperwork, there were gutter drains missing (just broken pipes filled with sand). The inspection wells and mains tap were buried a foot under sand, and there was pipes missing. Whether this was a case of theft or the builders not finishing the job, I don't know because I was overseas and had to get someone else to sign over the inspection on my behalf, because HBC couldn't care less their salesperson had just said whatever crap needed to be said to get me to agree to a preliminary agreement. When I arrived back home in June? Nothing had been done. Not one single thing. The pipes remained exactly as they were. It took three calls and an angry homeowner to finally get them to send the site inspector out (oh but don't expect them to have them on call, no, you have to go through the customer service team who just pass messages on. And more messages on. Until you finally get a call and miss it and you can't of course call back because it's a silent number.
- Garage door lock not working (still waiting for this to be fixed)
- Front gutter leaked water and mud onto driveway. Took HBC almost two months to get someone to fix this.
- Blinds in second bedroom fell off and under inspection hadn't been fixed properly.
- Valve in master bedroom toilet is noisy and creaks whenever it operates (HBC don't see this as an issue)
- But the main thing? Three months after I've moved in, the main pipe to the house bursts from the copper piping at the meter. May have been leaking for weeks. Had plumber out and fixed same day (this was the only time HBC have sent someone the same day).
- Mains tap and water meter are bent and the tap installed at an angle right next to driveway, looks like very poor workmanship from the original plumber, or pipes not being cut to length properly.

Sadly, I can't relate to all these good reviews, all these people who've said what a smooth process the building was, how happy they are with the house. This i the reason I went with HBC, because they have such a good reputation. Only my feelings on their reputation were tarnished with my house.

It hasn't all been bad -- there was an electrical addendum made to the house which HBC were helpful with overseeing, and for that the service was average (at first they were reluctant to make changes but after protesting they were okay so long as I paid the variation fee). Some foresight and planning on my part would have made some things simpler. That said, it is still no excuse for the problems I've had with this house and the stressful time I've endured as a result.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Stu, Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed review on your building experience with Homebuyers Centre. We would really like to have the opportunity to rectify all of the issues ... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Very Happy Homeowners - Very fast process - Would build with HBC again

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

We were very hesitant to ever build a house having seen friends go through it, however HBC made it very easy and mostly stress free.

Fast and seamless build. Just 8.5months from sign up to handover (4.5 months from slab down to handover)! Very impressed with the speed it all happened.

Luke was able to secure us the block of our dreams and help coach us as to how we can make it happen. We wouldn't have done it with out his assistance (and persistence) early on.

Although I did initially feel the sign up process was maybe a bit rushed. We didn't have any time to think more about the actual plan or elevation itself & there are a few things i would change about the plan looking at the final product. Overall though, we are very happy with the end product and how fast the actual process was after sign up.

I did feel the communication from them to us, with what is happening & when.. etc.. left a bit of room for improvement, and seemed to drop off soon after settlement happened. However each time I contacted customer service with my 10 million questions, the girls were absolutely fantastic. Always very friendly, welcoming and helpful and nothing was ever too much for them. I cant give them enough credit. Thanks Girls!

Thanks Homebuyers Centre for an easy process and stress free build. Would do it again no worries.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, we really appreciate your feedback. We're so pleased to hear that you had a seamless building journey & we will be sure to pass along you... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Brilliant experience absolutely happy with everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Everything thing was perfect no issues at all! Even out building inspector we paid for said it’s the best house he’s seen in weeks! Customer service was great didn’t feel any pressure with anything from start to finish it was extremely smooth! I would recommend mark and home buyers to everyone I talk to about building! Would build with them again

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Philippa, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review on your building journey. We love to hear your feedback and are so pleased that you had a smooth experience and your home... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Very Satisfied - Smooth Process and Quality Build with HBC

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Dealing with HBC has been very smooth, assuring and impressive! First, we were assisted by Paul O’Donoghue who walked us through the process of building from finance to construction. He helped us picked a house and land package in the suburb we want, and it is perfect! Everything that we talked about in the pre-construction happened during construction, no empty promises of some sort. The customer support is also very helpful and polite, with every email we sent we got a reply in less than 48 hours. During the construction process, we would visit our house at least twice a week. The workmanship of the trades and site manager Jon Bolton is impressive. We didn’t find any major fault, and the minor ones that we did find, were fixed straight away! The site itself was also very clean throughout the process. We got the keys like two weeks before what was scheduled, so we were pretty stoked that the build went pretty quick without sacrificing the quality of build. These things I can vouch for and definitely will recommend HBC to everyone who is looking for a quality build first home backed up with great customer support and a credible sales team.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Bernadette, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of building experience with Homebuyers Centre, we really appreciate your feedback. We are so happy to hear you had a sm... read more »

perth

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Disappointing, Hard to deal with, overall let down and had unexpected costs

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

We had a pretty hard time building with HBC, the beginning was good and promised the world, but then during the process it was hard and things we where told we could and would be having in our home where not possible because they do not do it despite being told yes and even to the point paying for something that we where expecting ($2000) and being completely wrong and only to be told its our fault its too bad. We ended up having to spend more then expected to make changes because of what we where told to what they actually do and still I hate looking at the house because it is not what I wanted, overall i am giving 2 stars it would be one but we had a great building supervisor at the end who actually tried to look after us and has saved a 1 star review the customer service in the office is below standard of what you would expect. In summary we had alot of issues throughout the build too many to list and mention and would not build a house with them again. We are hoping the build actually lasts and we do not find too many issues down the track now that our 1 year warranty has started. If you are building with them good luck and i hope you don't have the experience we had and left with parts of a house which will always be an eyesore. Unfortunately the bad out weigh the good in this review and our experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Adam & Bey, We are so sorry to hear about your frustrations throughout your building journey with Homebuyers Centre. We believe that our Construction Manager, Pete, has been in contact with y... read more »

so you can waste more of our time? what is a meeting going to solve you arent going to give our money that we unnecessarily spent back the thousands of dollars? you arent going to rip out the eyeso... read more »

Funny you blocked us and deleted all our comments from facebook!! we now know why you seem to have all good reviews!!! its all false!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

We have had a great experience so far with homebuyers centre! We haven't had any problems. The whole process is a breeze because of their fantastic communication and friendly advice and help. Emails were replied to very quickly and any questions were answered! I would recommend homebuyers centre to anyone wanting to build as we wouldn't want to choose anyone else in the future

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Clayton, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of your building experience with Homebuyers Centre. We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the journey and that th... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

An Exciting and Thoroughly Enjoyable Journey

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

My previous knowledge and experience with home builders was pretty negative. Just about everyone I know that had had their home built had issues with their builder (none had built with Homebuyers). Problems with poor quality or incorrect materials, poor workmanship, faults and a lack of attention to detail prime among them. Then three years ago a close friend said she was building with Homebuyers. As a former supervising civil construction engineer I decided to keep a close eye on the progress of her build and was very pleasantly surprised with what I saw. The build ran like clockwork with good quality materials, a very high standard of work and good attention to detail. During a number of site visits the tradesmen were always very cheerful and welcoming and very happy to answer questions she had. Consequently when I decided to build I was reasonably relaxed about talking to Homebuyers.

When I began my own journey I was living in England. My friend made me aware of a new estate near to her and that Homebuyers had a few properties there. With some trepidation given that I was thousands of kilometers away and despite her experience, I rang Homebuyers Centre (HBC) and was put through to Joel Egan. Joel in a warm friendly and relaxed manner put me at ease straight away and totally without any pressure, explained the whole process to me. Feeling reasonably comfortable we commenced the journey. I wanted a couple of relatively small changes to the plans and these Joel happily facilitated as well as making a welcome suggestion that would save me money.

On return to Perth I went in to the HBC to meet with Joel, and received a very warm, and friendly greeting from Jayne in the front office who knew all about my visit. She has such a lovely and sparky personality that you always enjoy the visit The pre-selection book Joel gave me was a little bit daunting with all the decisions that I needed to make but I was fortunate that my friend assisted me initially so I was reasonably ready when I met Amy for my pre-selection meeting (women are often so much better that men in deciding colour and style). While there were a few things that I had overlooked, Amy helped me with sound and cheerful advice and everything was finalized. When I left i felt quite happy with the outcome.

Since then I have had dealings with and questions answered by a number of the HBC staff. All of whom have been incredibly helpful. Quite frankly you feel as if you are working with friends who have your interests at heart. When construction commenced I received a detailed sequence of activities and as progress occurred I have been kept fully informed by phone and emails from HBC. While I have only reached the stage of slab construction to date I am really looking forward to the rest of my journey.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi David, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review of your building experience with Homebuyers Centre so far, it is greatly appreciated. We are so glad that you chose... read more »

South Yunderup

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Can't fault the service so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

We signed up with Mark at Homebuyers a couple of months ago and we can't recommend him highly enough! My husband and I are in our 40's and are starting over on the home front. Mark has been so positive about everything from the get go, which goes a long way when things are uncertain. Nothing is too hard or too much trouble for Mark. He goes above and beyond to help with any queries, questions and changes. Mark is a lovely, genuine, humble and all around top bloke. Our experience with the Company itself is also very positive, Homebuyers offer great value for money and are confident in the homes they build, it's evident in the pride they take in presenting what they stand for and the history and reputation of the company. Their service so far in way of our plan changes and additions for pricing has been very efficient, with costs being very reasonably, sometime surprisingly so! We are extremely happy with Homebuyers so far and are very confident that this level of service will continue throughout the build :)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Tan, Thank you so much for leaving this review of your building journey so far with Homebuyers Centre. We are so pleased to hear that you are having a positive experience and have been happy... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

A Very Happy First Home Owner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

When my partner and I first walked into Homebuyers Centre, we expected to be told that building a house in our current situation was not possible, and so the purpose of our visit was solely to seek advice. From the moment we were warmly welcomed by the New Home Sales Consultant, Mark Chapman, we began to realise that our hopes may actually be a reality sooner than anticipated. The fact that our sales consultant was as excited and invested in our success as we were is what truly made building with Homebuyers Centre a rewarding and recommendable experience. Though we did have some issues relating to the finance and evaluation side of our build, our consultant and mortgage broker supported us throughout and ensured that the build was still possible. The customer service and support was exceptional whenever we were unsure or wanted to make minor changes before the build commenced. The build itself was completed a few weeks before estimated, and was definitely up to standard.

Overall, though our experience had some ups and downs, the team at Homebuyers Centre ensured that we were consistently supported from initial consultation to handover, and I would definitely recommend their services to other first home buyers.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Tanaia, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, we greatly appreciated your feedback. We're really happy to hear that you have had a positive building experience with Hom... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Incredible staff and service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I am just joining the world of home ownership and I am so grateful that I started that journey with Homebuyers Centre. I couldn’t have asked for a better consultant than Spencer Jones. He was so helpful, professional, thorough and always kept me in the loop with what was happening behind the scenes. For anyone else thinking of building, I can’t recommend the staff at Homebuyers Centre highly enough.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Kelly, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're so glad that you chose Homebuyers Centre to start your home ownership journey and we can't wait for you to get into yo... read more »

My new downsizer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I am still on my journey with Homebuyers Centre as my land has only just settled. Spencer Jones was my first contact with Homebuyers Centre and he was awesome! His positive and helpful attitude along with his continuing support via email and phone has been first class. So far everyone I have had dealings with have been professional & respectful.I continue my journey with confidence and excitement and look forward to my new downsizer.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for writing this lovely review of your building journey with Homebuyers Centre so far. We are so pleased to hear that you're having a smooth experience and we are so... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

A very good company to build with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

From the first meeting with Paul O'Donoghue,for him to take time to show me around a home like I was thinking of having built ,explaining the process of building a new home, it filled me with confidence that I have choose well in my choice of home builder .
Once I had chosen what I wanted done to the house the staff at Homebuyers was very helpfully in make my dream a reality.Though out the construction phase the staff at Homebuyers kept me well informed on the progress ,any queries I had I was able to go through the customer support team and was able to get all my questions answered.
And to the hand over, being shown around the home by my building supervise Jed (sorry I can't remember your surname ), I was very pleased with the quality of the finishing to the home.
I would like to thank all the staff at Homebuyers for helping me build my home and if I ever decided to build again I would be seeking your services again .

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi David, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, we really appreciate your feedback. It is so great to hear that Paul made you feel instantly at ease and you were kept in th... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2016

Exceptional customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

My first time home buyers experience started poorly, after many weeks of going in to countless display homes speaking to several pushy consultants from various companies I was starting to think that building my first home was not going to happen for me - until I met Paul. From the moment I walked into Paul's display he genuinely listened and took note of what I wanted and what my budget was.He drove me an hour to walk through a display home which was exactly what I had in mind that very day!
Paul took all the worry and stress away from that daunting "first time home buyers experience" by finding me the perfect block to suit the same size display that we had walked through earlier which I had fallen in love with.

Every single question I had whether it was about the materials used,or how the finance process worked, Paul answered, it was clear that his product knowledge was impeccable.

With the guidance and patience from my housing coach I was able to adjust my floor plan to my liking to get it just right, a year later I couldn't be happier with the home I have and the experience I had. I hand on heart will be coming back to Paul for any future builds and could not recommend him enough.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Tina, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review on your building experience with Homebuyers Centre. We are so happy to hear that you have had a positive building j... read more »

1 of 17 pages