Verified Customer

Terrible! Total rip off and not willing to accept their mistakes!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

Zero customer service, poor communication between internal departments and everything is customers's fault attitude. Home plans were changed by draftsman between prestart and slab down without informing us. When noticed sink have been installed at incorrect position we were told that "it is your responsibility to check final plan" and now they want to charge extra to put back onto original position. Total rip off. Customers beware before signing up. They will change something at their end and will make you pay for it. Homebuyers Centre this will go to ombudsman.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Saumil, We were disappointed to see your 1 star review, but thank you for taking the time to share your experience as this does allow us to enhance our service. We would truly like for you to en... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

What started out perfect has turned into such a hassle

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2016

We had 2 different supervisors during our build but they handed over the day of my final inspection and none of my pre inspection work had been done. I had professional building inspectors come and do an inspection and provided it to home buyers and the supervisor 3 times. I have had someone come twice to fix some of the issues but then leave quite a few unfinished. The supervisor is incredibly overworked so I thought that's fine it will just get finished on the defects list at the 6 month mark, right? Wrong! No one contacted me at all despite the paperwork being sent through weeks ago. I have doors that won't close, big cracks in the paint, hinges that aren't correctly in the doors and big concrete chunks missing under light switches. I have emailed the service team over and over again and still nothing. It started of so well and the lack of follow up and my constant need to nag them to get 1 or 2 items of off the list fixed has been a nightmare.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth, Western Australia

• 3 comments

Dodgy workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2016

From the start everything was dodgy. The brickwork was shocking and every other trade that worked on it was shocking. It seems like they have too much work and just do it to get it over and done with. Was lied to from the onset and throughout. Every time I raised issues I was promised but nothing was delivered. Clever use of the interest payments deadlines ensures you sign off on work done no matter how bad it is.

I would not use or recommend them to anyone else. Customer service just as shocking. Apparently a long warranty for structural defects does not cover much.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Gluey, We were disappointed to see your one star review. We would love to discuss your experience further, can you please contact our office on 9240 1111. Kind Regards, Homebuyers Centre

So you can send a inspector to tell me that all the problems I have are technically in tolerance and not really problems. Or that the paint on the door frames and ceilings in my two yr old home wa... read more »

Hi Gluey,

Our Building Manager is going to make contact with you via phone to arrange a meeting or at least discuss your concerns further.

Kind Regards,

• 2 comments

Don't Waste Your Time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2016

Poor workmanship and very bad at rectifying problems, it takes months and months of constant nagging to get anything actioned. We went through a total of 3 supervisors during our small 2 by 1 build. They are poorly managed and given a ridiculous amount of work load. Hence why they all leave. The customer service team is a waste of time, they are impatient and not very understanding of customers and their concerns, they give incorrect information or no information at all then wonder why you do not know what to do.

Our sales rep was great I cannot fault him, it was during the build that home buyers fell apart.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi MWils, Thanks for providing your feedback as this does allow us to enhance our service. Your review has been passed onto one our Service Manager's who should be in touch shortly. Regards, Homebuyers Centre

When would this be? in another 6months? Interesting that soon to your company is more than 1 week later. Sounds a lot like the experience of our build. Regards MWils

Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi MWils, Our customer has arranged a meeting with you. Kind Regards, Homebuyers Centre

Ellenbrook

• 1 comment

Poor quality stressful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2016

Ok we're do I start with this dodgy builder and there workmanship, outside has been painted poorly, chips in render, outside courtyard was not finished which I did myself, drains are not level and some of the pipe work is not glued in the ground, down pipes fell down which I had to rivert, ceiling in garage has been covered up with light fitting to cover big hole, inside the sliding door frames were dented, dent on door frame laundry, door frames aren't painted properly, looks like one coat has been applied, dirt behind the paint on the doors, draw in kitchen doesn't line up, tiles in bathroom are flat so water doesn't run down drain properly, front door not cut straight when closed and is starting to come apart, light fittings fell of including the light fitting on the wall out the back, every time I ask this builder to fix something they make it worse, paving out back yard is not level and the steps aren't straight. Out the front there are broken brick and poorly painted with render never finished and some plastic around door frames and Windows still. Text screws left in gutters with scrap tin so they rust in years to come. Never ever build or recommend this dodgy builder. Dave

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Dave
Sorry to hear this, we are going to look into this asap. Could you please email me your contact details to [email protected] so we can get in touch?
Monique

• 5 helpful votes

Poor Standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2015

Homebuyers centre was great to begin with until we were forced by progression to get the keys even though they had damaged our front retainer wall and said they were going to fix it properly, they came out and fixed the wall but with a completely different coloured block and have time and time again after repeatative calls avoided contact even though our contract states they will rectify the wall. The block is white and our wall is dark grey they also didnt even grout the blocks in properly leaving it jagged and not filled in. It looks complete ly out of sync and since they haven't gotten back to us in months we have not been able to put up our front fence which puts our children in danger as we have an unsecured lake across the road, or been able to get our front landscaping done leaving our house looking like a big grey sand pit. We have been more than compliant with them but it has gotten to the stage of ridiculous as time and time again they have said they will be in contact and never have. We would not recommend to build with them as they have no care for the safety and standard of their work or adhere to their policies.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Colin, We were disappointed to see your 1 star review. We happily repaired the retaining wall and the new fence. Regards, Homebuyers Centre

• 15 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Shocking builder with terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2015

Numerous issues with this builder and resolve finance. Caught them out for ripping us off for tiles during pre start and they ignored our email for two weeks and also overcharged $700 for thickened windows we didn't need. Took 5 weeks to finalise prestart cause they couldn't get plans correct, drawn up by our own engineer in the end!
Told us just before site works due to commence they had no brickies and to expect a 12 week delay. We supplied our own Brickie as a nominated trade and then they took 5weeks to get bricks to site. Bricks finished
1st jan 2015 and we were told our roof would start week commencing 26th jan as our roofer was on extended leave from xmas! Today (27th jan) we were told "the site manager is hoping a roofing contractor will commence this week. He has the contractor booked in but is waiting for him to finish the job he is currently on and then he will move onto yours."
We don't get emails or calls to update us with anything, we leave messages and don't get called back, the admin manager hung up on me when I complained about the service and we are totally fed up with them and no even finished yet!
Resolve finance (owned by homebuyers) screwed up our finance and made a shortfall of $1500 due to their incompetence and couldn't even explain where it came from! Took weeks of investigating and dragging out paperwork to find out it was them missing out fees and writing the wrong deposit for our land in our final finance costs! Luckily the bank covered the stuff up.
The list goes on but our advice would be to steer clear of this lot!!!!

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers

Buyer Beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2014

+ Unreliable , lies, unprofessional , just wanted to sell , no customer service

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Chloe123,
Sorry to hear this. Could you please email me your contact details to [email protected] so we can get in touch?
Adrienne

• 5 helpful votes

Stay far far away!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2014

We've been waiting nearly a year since having our finance approved. We were very naive & didn't shop around thinking we would have a great experience going through a large reputable company. We made the mistake of going through their in house finance company, Resolve Finance. We met with finance once & were advised to go with a $0 deposit home loan and received a rude awakening months later at settlement where we were told we had to come up with $13k+ . Our finance was approved in July 2013, land titled in March 2014, settlement went through in April 2014. It's now June & we have to make mortgage repayments despite the fact construction hasn't even begun & are receiving no information from Homebuyers Centre. God only knows if/and when we will ever get our so called dream home. Our client liaison officer has been utterly useless. It has been a horrible experience & I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. My biggest regret was not having done my research prior to signing with Homebuyers Centre. Anyone reading this do yourself a favour & steer clear!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Riva,
Adrienne

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Worst Experience Ever - Buyer Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2013

I signed with Homebuyers Centre WA in Feb 2013 to build a small 2 x 1 house and land package and it has been nothing but a disaster. I'm so stressed now, I still have nothing on my block of land and it is Nov and I'm paying mortgage repayments, water bills and rent. I have written countless emails and made so many phone calls and I just can't get any where. This company from their in house finance department - Resolve Finance to the HBC staff are incompetent and careless. From the start the Sales Rep was so pushy and made promises he didn't kee p. He had such an attitude and talked down to me and made me feel so uncomfortable. At that stage I thought I would keep going as this H&L package was in my price range and the area I wanted to be in so I went ahead anyway in the hope it would get better. I have since realised that isn't going to happen. The Financial Advisor from Resolve Finance just wanted to get me signed and didn't care about getting a loan that was suited to my needs or about helping to get the loan started. Luckily I went directly to the bank who helped heaps; meanwhile the Rep got paid for doing nothing. I wanted to make small changes to the plan and being as inflexible as HBC are they just put a huge price tag on it in the hope to deter me from wanting the change. I went to my Pre-start meeting and it took 5 months to get the final documents in the meantime I had 5 different client liaisons (obviously they have a hight staff turn around). I could keep going on but the moral of the story is buyer beware. If you want heartache this is the builder for you. It's too late for me I'm in too far and I just have to ride the wave. Wish me luck!

- Bad financial advice, bad customer service, don't keep promises

• 6 helpful votes

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2013

+ There building that they work in that's it !

- Useless people finance people couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

• 22 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2012

- Very obviously spinning lies to get you to sign up. They have a great speech prepared for first homebuyers who arn't really sure how everything works, and i'm sure alot of people would easily fall in to their trap.

40 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Kardinya, WA

• 24 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2012

Me and my friend bought a Flute home in Butler back in October and at that time, we were told we can move in around Christmas. We went thru the mortgage with their in-house mortgage, Revolve Finance. The biggest mistake we ever made ! The broker never ever call or email us for any updates on the house, until we chased him up many times. He did a very poor application presented to ANZ Bank and of course declined. Didnt tell us its been declined until we again, chased him. He was arrogant and rude and avoiding any contacts

Since then we change
d finance broker to Mortgage Choice. They submitted the loan application to CBA in 4 days. Compared to Resolve 10 days. The finance got approved thru CBA while Resolve still trying to negotiate with ANZ. We are still waiting for the completion of the house. We have been told dates that can move in but when the time comes it delays again and again.

NEVER EVER buy anything from Homebuyers Center. they are arrogant, ignorance, selfish, Zero customer service and their staff are incompetent, from Sales to broker to conveyancing. Those reviews with 4-5 stars would have to be fake, posted by their own staff. Our next door neighbour applied for finance from them but fail. They lost half of the deposit

BUYERS BEWARE

25 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

NUNAWADING

• 18 helpful votes

Complete waste of time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2012

Complete waste of time dealing with them for the return of our $1500 deposit when finance fell through. We have now issued a letter of demand. What should have been a simple refund process has taken over a month because of lack of accountability and it appears that they intentionally want to keep the deposit to which they have no legal claim to. As I am a lawyer I made sure that nothing was submitted until our finance came through so everything was subject to finance.

Despite the fact that [name removed] has e-mailed us in writting that
our refund of $1500 is guaranteed now they blatantly refused to give us any explanation and empty promises that the money will be in our account or that they will get "accounts" to process the request etc. I am now thinking that with all the evidence and trail of e-mails and communication that we have we should really go to the media for attention as clearly that is what Homebuyers need. Do not recommend them at all and never will, worst experience ever. They need to brush up on the service they provide or else they will get the wrong attention. If you are thinking of going with them think twice as they will surely dissapoint.

- Empty promises

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 23 helpful votes

I'd actually select no stars if I could! Very unhappy with HBC

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2012

We are stuck in a contract with HBC and I only wish I had read these comments first before signing up! I just cant believe that everything I am reading is exactly what is happening to us! I only looked on here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problems and surprise surprise yes they are! Well...Sales guy was great, did a quick finance calculation & said there wont be any problems getting finance (thru resolve) & told us we could pick any house we liked, so we picked a lovely design with all the features, paid our deposit for house and land and then finance was refused!!! They told us to wait a while and to pick another house....we ended up losing our house deposit to HBC (who assured us that we would get it back if finance was refused...lies) lost our land and then had to choose one of the smallest houses/designs u could possible get with the cheapest basic fixtures & fittings, we asked for simple items to be included in the house at pre-start but was horrified at the prices they came back with, not just $20-$30 over the price u could buy the item in the shops for (& to fit it) but $100's of dollars over! One item they charged $800 over the price u could actually buy it for and get it fitted!!! It cost us $1000 to add extra sockets & out door lights etc... All part of the con to make u spend more money, We were not made aware of the pre-start con even tho we asked the questions over and over again from the start, we were fobbed off, ignored and the pre-start girl was a rude snotty cow who was no help at all. We came away feeling angry, let down, confused and very very disappointed, we r first time buyers, we have a family with small children and now we are having a half finished house built that we r going to have to spend thousands on when its built to add all the things we wanted to add. I thought building/buying your first home was exciting and a big achievement but this has got to be one of the worst experiences we have ever had, the customer service is rubbish, once they have your money they don't want to do anything to help. We r so worried about what's coming next, it's getting built next month :( I'm dreading it. I don't even feel interested in the house anymore, such a shame. We have been advised by other unhappy HBC clients to NOT SIGN if u are not happy during the build, make them rectify before you allow mortgage co to release the funds. All we want to do with this house is sell it and it's not even built yet,

+ Very helpful sales guy..... Obviously!!!

- Cheap crap, poor customer service. Lied to. Confusing. Money grabbers!!

23 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 21 helpful votes
Private message

Beware this organisation. I'm in Sales myself and would never stoop to these practices.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2012

First rep I dealt with called my for an appointment on a Saturday morning, spent one hour going through their generic brochures, and most of the time telling me how he wasnt happy working there, and was looking for another job. Loud drum and bass music playing in the office next to me during this meeting, very unprofessional. This rep never followed up on actual buying questions from me after this meeting, and actually used excuses like "it is my grandmother's birthday", as reasons for not getting back to me.

Deceptive sales practices, wil
l change the story and solution and say anything to get you signed into one of their deals. $45-$55 per hour admin charges for 5 hours after finance declined, but cannot say when and what tis work was they are charging for. 15 day gap between decline advice from broker and next contact,homebuyer centre continued process to pre-start stage, until I notified them finance had been declined, the salesperson didn't know until I told him. This is also severely impacted on my ability to settle the land in time, regardless of whether finance was approved. Obvious poor communication between sales and finance. Salesperson was constantly talking "off the record", but none of his off the record advice was accurate. Also advised my father he was eligible for the $1000 referral fee, which he applied for, but they never paid it.

I signed an initial preliminary works contract that has a clause that specifies there are certain costs you are responsible for regardless of finance approval. Fair enough - there are some services you would reasonably expect to commit to like basic engineering/survey costs, however they also included 5 hours of "admin" charges at $45-$55 per hour, but can't specify why or when this work I've been charged for took place, in fact, the fundamental deceit here lies in the reality that you have no idea when they start charging you, so you might be in with them for four hours, and don't realise they are charging you for either this meeting, or the associated admin. they cant wait to get their hands on your initial deposit for the works, but when you terminate for declined finance, they take 6 weeks to pay you back (after "costs"), and pay you in dribs and drabs over that period. If they can take a lump sum from you, they should pay it back as such. Massive fail in customer service, if you are intending to charge a client admin or consulting fees, these should be specified in the contract, not some general clause that allows them to retrospectively and arbitrarily apply these charges, without showing specifically when and what work was undertaken at $55 per hour.

In brief - inconsistent, deceptive sales and finance advice, poor follow up, poor communication, after spending hours filling out forms and attending meetings in my business time, after finance decline (for lending rules reasons, I applied for the product they advised was best suited according to them and was still declined), I am now still not building a house, and am down half my initial deposit due to their "fees". I will never use this organisation again, and have distributed my experiences already across my 2000+ business network, and my facebook connections. So enjoy your few hundred $$ "Homebuyers" - its the only money you'll ever see out of me.

- Deceptive Sales Practices, Poor Follow Up, Inconsistent Information, Unjustified "Fees", even if you cant build with them.

21 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 60 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2012

Ok biggest mistake was thinking these people could build me a house! I have left leaving this review, as I wanted to see if they would actually fix their stuff ups but alas I think hell will freeze over first! Best thing about this is I have hundreds of friends, most of my friends have seen my horror hole of a house and of course they have now told their friends and the revolving door will continue to spin. It is just bad business to not rectify blatent stuff ups like my hell hole. I think they thought they could rip me off but they have pick ed the wrong person to mess with. Absolutely horrified with every aspect of my build. I have shown at least 200 people and tradies and they stand there and shake their heads in disbelief. I will post my building thread wherever I can so no other poor person will be treated the way I was. My house will never be sold because no person will ever want it. it is that bad! Even my toilet roll holders have fallen off the walls, there is nothing right with my house. I have had to get several tradesmen out to fix things as they can't be bothered. My list could go on and on but as Molly would say, "do yourself a favour " and run away from these cowboys or you will be sorry! They havent heard the last from me and will in the end realise that you don't screw over someone who knows so many people and I am not afraid to invite them all in for a looksy.

60 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

49 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 17 helpful votes

RIP OFF!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2012

We were getting our finance with their recommended finance company Resolve, paid deposits for land and house build. To cut a long long story short, we went prestart which was recommended by our sales man for homebuyers even got shire approval, ready to put the slab down but it took 5 months to get any sense from Resolve regarding the mortgage only to find they say we couldn;t have!!! Then to top it all Homebuyers centre kept the deposit and the EXTRAS money we handed over at prestart! We lost $2500....1st homebuyers will never get on the ladd er if gonna lose money that easy. The whole process is wrong, you should have to ensure you have a mortgage before entering into the build process! DONT believe that the "Mortgage guy would not be processing your mortgage if he didn;t think it would not go through" cus believe me he will then homebuyers will pocket any money handed over. Oh and when they sent the BILL there was another $50 oustanding, which they say as a gesture of goodwill they will waiver!!!! Cheaky buggers. Oh yeh then we got the voucher for $1000 for recommending, FAT CHANCE.....

17 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 16 helpful votes
Private message

did not build with homebuyer's

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2012

same as the earlier reviews, the process is very wrong. we were also given the assurance that the finance guy wouldn't go ahead with it unless he didn't think that there was a good chance of getting a homeloan approved. we received a request for the deposit before finance was even secured. we used their finance guy (resolve finance?)- our application was already declined by a bank and he was asking us to wait to make another attempt with another bank, but somehow while all this is happening they wanted us to pay a deposit and sign the building contract. whaat???

siteworks charge was high, house price was high considering it was all cat 1 and quite small and the contract was very questionable to us. It states that it's an hia contract but there's parts that are crossed out and parts that they have added? did not feel comfortable with it at all!

we felt bad - but we also felt very relieved, that we didn't go ahead with homebuyer's centre. Lost our $1.5k prelim deposit, but we think we saved ourselves much much more.

we have now successfully got ourselves into a huge debt and nearing the end of our build - not with homebuyer's.

+ the pictures of their display homes on their brochures and website

- dodgy.

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 2 pages

Looking at the homebuyers centre for our home.. can anyone tell me what is not included in the price? Naturally we will ask this at the meeting but want other peoples experiences too :)

Ps76 asked on Jul 07, 2017

Answer this

Hi, they are very open as to what is and what isn't included and you can select extras/upgrades at pre-selection (at a cost), something to think about is extra electric sockets, we had extras in all rooms and I believe it was far cheaper getting it done at that stage versus later on.
Also, the show home will not be standard, it will have the higher ceiling more likely, we never went for it, the height of the standard is sufficient. We did go for the extra coursework in the garage though.
One thing we did miss on the plan was the family bathroom not vented, would have payed extra at the time if we realised. You also get one nbn connection, we had it in the living, a bit pricey from what I can remember to get it in the theatre room.. When the Foxtel guy came we got him to put another line in and cost 150.
Also think about upgrading to a slightly wider front door, not much bigger but makes the difference for getting furniture in.
What's included: electrical points ( certain amount), air con, all flooring, all blinds, cooker/hob and hood ( we payed extra for more tiled splash back). Stone bench tops. Garage front roller door ( no back roller door). Doors/frames,ceilings and cornices painted. Paved driveway/path to crossover and front landscaping package. Alfresco paved ( we left this off and got a deduction as we wanted to put deck down).
Think bout the cost of the additional work/costs required, paving down both sides, crossover completed and back landscaped. Painting, if you don't mind painting, do it yourself and save quite a bit.
Hope this helps.

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to [email protected], we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

See all 21 questions about Homebuyers Centre Western Australia