Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Excellent customer service, fantastic product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2017

We are very happy with our new home! From the moment we first walked into the show home Paul O'Donoghue our sales representative explained the whole process and made sure we had everything we needed to build our dream home. The process was so easy, and homebuyers took care of everything at every step, from adjusting the plans we picked to suit our lifestyle to arranging finance through resolve finance and progress payments. The finished product looks fantastic, we couldn't be happier!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Penelope, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this amazing review - we are so happy to hear your positive feedback on the sales and design process, finance aspect and the build of you... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

feel fantastic new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this amazing review - we are so happy to hear your feedback and that you had such a great building experience with us from start to finish. We ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2016

My dream home own home !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

It was first and great experience with HBC to make my dream home true with small period and with just 3k .The builder was very cooperative and impressive with time frame to finish with quality home .The customer service was amazing to communicate and negotiate timing according to my availability and explained easily as english is not my first language.hats off to guys!!!!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Faram, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this positive review. It's so great to hear you had such a great building experience with us in terms of the short turn around time, custome... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

New home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

The whole experience was wonderful from start to
Finish, With outstanding updates throughout the build, the support we received was amazing and the builder Peter was very helpful with all details. We would most definitely refer family and friends onto homebuyers, as we are both very impressed with the house and the whole experience! We would like thank everyone that was involved with the building of our home! We absolutely love the house!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Kym, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this amazing review - we are so happy to hear your feedback on both the experience and the quality of your build. We love hearing that you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Building is not fun !

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

I built with HBC WA, they seemed amazing initially. But this was all talk. Everything that was promised initially was a fight too the end. As for the building aspect. They have built a beautiful home and workmanship seems to be good. However still trying to get things fixed after handover has been an issue. As a company the phone service team are lovely. Had a great site manger but would have been nice to have acccess to him throughout the build (you could only speak with the call center girls who usually didn't have much of an idea about what was happening as often the system was not updated). And as for handover well this company needs to reevaluate this. No token gift/pant/bottle of wine or hamper is given. After spending so much money on this house you would think they could pull something together. Overall not the best experience when compared to friend who have started building and built through other companies. Make sure you do your research before signing up with his company. I will ever build again after this experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Ann, Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for our team. We are happy to hear you are impressed with the quality and build of your home, but are sorry to read your con... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Absolutely stoked!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2016

I seriously couldn't be happier with my new house and how well the people at homebuyers treated me. Everything is absolutely perfect! Everyone i dealt with at the homebuyers centre were amazing! I definitely would choose them again if i were to build another house. Even when i was having dramas getting finance they helped me sort it all out so i could afford to have what i want. I lost a deposit leaving one builder to come to homebuyers but i am glad i did. Its exactly what i wanted and where i wanted. Thanks everyone at homebuyers!!!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Josh, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this amazing review - we are so happy to hear your feedback on both the finance aspect and the build of your new home. We wish you all the... read more »

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Great Support-Immaculate Build Quality Build-Excellent Staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

Our journey started in December last year. Clint, our Sales Representative was the first friendly experience who helped us get the best package. Their in house finance company staff helped us alot glide through the loan process. Site Manager Daniel was so helpful and kept us updated with the timeline as the construction progressed.Except I feel that the pre-start meeting should be in phases as its too much for 1 day. Atlast we got our home keys on 29 September. It was a pleasure working with HBC and we strongly recommend to everyone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Gautam,

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback - we are so happy to hear you really enjoyed the experience building with us!

All the best and enjoy your new house!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Nice to finally have our own home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2016

Been in the house for 2 weeks now. So far so good. There are a few things that could have used a bit more attention to detail like the painting of the doors, floor trims, cut of the lino flooring, roof paint has a textured instead of smooth finish. Our internet only works when the modem is plugged straight into the nbn box, obviously the points haven't been connected properly which we will be bringing to homebuyers attention to sort out. Structurally the place is so far so good. The process was quick and relatively painless. The only problem w e had at the beginning was with our mortgage broker from resolve finance - was quite inept. Luke was fantastic and made the whole initial process a breeze. He encouraged the "step in the door" that we needed and basically got us into our first home. The house went up quite quickly. Unfortunately it sat for a couple of weeks completed and wasn't until we rang and chased up what was going on that everything got signed off and we were able to move in. It's so nice to be in our own home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Hannah Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this detailed review. We really appreciate it as it will assist us in our customer service processes moving forward. We will also be sure... read more »

Verified Customer

great customer service, very helpful and supportive through the whole process!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

I have been more than happy that i chose to build with Homebuyers. There were a few issues at the start which were out of their control but the staff were very helpful and supportive! Come to inspection there was hardly anything to fault, minor issues were fixed within a day and i got my keys two days later!!
I then had an issue where i went to my house for the first time and it appeared someone had played around with the locks to try get in. i informed Homebuyers who sent out my site supervisor straight away. He spent the afternoon at my home fixing everything on the handles and lock and arranged for the painter to come out the next day. Very appreciative that he spent over his work hours to fix it up for me!!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Jaimelee, Thanks so much for the great feedback! It's such a shame to hear someone had tried to break in, but glad our site supervisor was able to fix your locks and handles straight away - w... read more »

Hassle free build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

From start to finish of the build, we didn't have a drama. Being the first home we have built from scratch it was a pleasure to deal with the professionalism of the company and all staff involved. The post handover service is exceptional. Couldn't recommend the builder more highly to any one interested in building. Lots of designs to choose from or build your own as we did.

Thanks heaps

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Lenno,

It;s so great to hear that your first time building was such a positive experience - thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We wish you all the best in your brand new home :)

Verified Customer

In love with our brand new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2016

Being first home buyers we didn't know what to expect but the customer service team made the whole process so easy and explained everything in detail. Any queries i had i received quick responses on. We had our keys within 23 weeks from when the slab went down. There was only one item at the pre handover inspection that we requested to be fixed everything else had been done. The finished product is extremely good quality and we couldnt be happier with our new home. Cant wait to move in!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Adriana,

Thank you for your amazing feedback, it's so great to hear that your first time building was such a positive experience!

We wish you all the best in your new home!

Verified Customer

More than what I was hoping for

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

Me and my wife were shopping around for few builders & we are happy that we went with homebuyers centre.. We had a great experience building with homebuyers centre. They managed our home with care, attention to detail and excellent communication for the whole of the project. Our house is exactly like we imagined, with great quality products and appliances used. I highly recommend homebuyers centre and their amazing team!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

All the best and enjoy your new house!

Smooth sailing from start to finish in an amazing 6 MONTHS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

This is our second time building with Homebuyers so obviously we had great faith in the workmanship we could expect. We couldn't fault anything form the salesman Chris Herbert who was fantastic and helped us immensely with all changes etc to the handover with Xavier who was very professional and excellent at pointing everything out and explaining every important detail to us. Everyone was fabulous, we had lots of questions and queries along the way and it was never any problem getting the answers, help and advice we needed from the HBCS team.
The standard of our build was even better than the first time 6 years ago and the internal products choice have improved also. We are ecstatic with the finished result, everything has come together perfectly and looks brilliant.
I would recommend Homebuyers 100% to anyone without any hesitation and will most definitely build with them a third time when and if we get itchy feet again.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thank you for so much for your lovely review - we are so pleased to hear your second time building with us was again a fantastic experience for you! You have provided us with some great feedback, w... read more »

First Home Build a breeze with Homebuyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

From the time the slab went down to keys handover, the 7 months (yes 7 months only!) was absolutely easy with Homebuyers. It was our first build and we didn't have to chase anything up with Homebuyers. The quality and workmanship was second to none. No corners were cut to rush the build even in the short timeframe. The finishings and cleanliness of the site was impeccable. We couldn't find a fault even if we had tried. We were not expecting the home to be completed in 7 months and especially to that standard. Would definitely build with Homebuyers again in the future.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Emilia, Thank you for your amazing feedback. It's so great to hear you had such a positive building experience and we will be sure to pass on your feedback onto our relevant teams! We wish... read more »

Verified Customer

No stress, no argument at all during project - All smooth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

Everybody was really kind and easy going people during building this house. I remember sales person from the start of this house has assisted for long, from start to end. Really appreciated again. Honest sales attitude was impressive for us to select the satisfactory decision. At pre-start meeting, everything was clear and logical. Of course, making profit may be the priority to them, but I felt that they tried to understand my concerns and wishes for the house and gave me the various options for us. Impressive! The project manager during inspe ction of the house, he was really really professional and kind to us. Of course he was much busy... but his help and advice to some works out of his scope were very appreciated to finalise the house completion few months ago.

Now it has been 4 months that we moved to this house, everything is good to live and satisfactory absolutely. The project manager has visited us after our movement for some advice and help to us.

Thanks guys, really appreciated.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We are so happy to hear you really enjoyed the experience building with us and that you are enjoying your new house! It would be really great if you could share with us the names of the sales pe... read more »

Hello, HBC, Due to personal information, I just emailed to your customer support team with what you requested. Please check email sent by me. Thanks. :)

Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks so much - we will follow up with our team!

Verified Customer

Absolutely in love with my new house.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

Homebuyers were so supportive and very easy to communicate with through the whole process. The customer support team will answer every question or query you are unsure of. I received so many updates and was kept very informed so knew what to be looking for. Would definitely build with them again for sure. It was a big decision to build but i was lucky in choosing the best sales consultant they have.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Ally,
Thank you for your lovely feedback! We wish you all the best in your brand new home :)

Verified Customer

Not As Bad as everyone says!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I thought building a house would be fun and enjoyable but I was wrong from the get go! When we first signed with Home buyers everyone said they weren't as good as the rest and were a basic builder, but they were wrong, Home buyers were actually pretty good from the Very beginning to the handover process, obviously they weren't perfect (no one is) but they were a lot better than I was lead to believe! Everyone from the House designer to the customer service ladies were helpful the best they could be and they were always willing to help no matter what, The build of the house has been of great build and quality and overall Myself and my partner are glad we went with them,

Now the bad parts....
During the first plans and prestart there's a few things that weren't mentioned to us like add ons or upgrades that could of made parts of the house better,
The main issues was the communication, we got an email on every update of the build but that was it, if you want to know something or ask a question you had to ring them, no one rang you and asked a simple "was there anything you need help with" or Do you have any questions" this "human contact would of been nice as its a scary thing building a house for the first time,

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Matthew, Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We are very happy to hear you had a good experience with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the initial process and communication d... read more »

Verified Customer

Very quick build process with good quality finishing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Oliver,
Thank you for very much for your lovely review. You have provided us with some great feedback, which we will be sure to share with our team. We hope you enjoy your new home :)

PErth

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Cookie Cutter approaches don't work.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

Workmanship is sloppy, so many little things. By the end of it I couldn't be bothered arguing for them to clean the walls with all the remaining grout from the tiles and their pencil marks from where they were going to put the towel rail, etc. It wasn't worth the delay in handover. Probably only a couple of good trades... many mistakes and rather than the tradies calling the supervisor to suggest waiting they just installed and made it worse. Our Supervisor was fantastic though, every problem I had was dealt with in good time... you need more o f them! The Customer Support Team are not educated in the field, leaving all of our questions and queries with them with a 2 weeks turn around is unacceptable. We need access to the Supervisor otherwise things don't happen. Also... tell your sales reps to keep an eye on what they're including and not including in our contracts. I had to remind twice to put the Caesarstone in and it never was. PS an upgraded cost of a different selection of stone benchtop (also caesarstone just a higher grade) of $7k on top of what is already built into my contract (standard was included) is just basically thievery... hiking up the price because you don't want to order in something different is not justified and will lose you business. In hard times you would think that wouldn't be your end goal. Happy with the end result... but won't be coming back again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Great service - lovely home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

Everything went very well. The girls in Customer Service were extremely efficient and I was informed of progress throughout the build.
I was very pleased with the overall quality of the workmanship and the materials used. I was not aware that I had a building supervisor but was kept up to date by the office staff, contacting them if there were any issues.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Niall
Thank you for reviewing Homebuyers Centre on Product Review. Great to hear you enjoyed our customer service, we will be sure to pass on your kind words to our Customer Support Team.

3 of 14 pages

Looking at the homebuyers centre for our home.. can anyone tell me what is not included in the price? Naturally we will ask this at the meeting but want other peoples experiences too :)

Ps76 asked on Jul 07, 2017

Answer this

Hi, they are very open as to what is and what isn't included and you can select extras/upgrades at pre-selection (at a cost), something to think about is extra electric sockets, we had extras in all rooms and I believe it was far cheaper getting it done at that stage versus later on.
Also, the show home will not be standard, it will have the higher ceiling more likely, we never went for it, the height of the standard is sufficient. We did go for the extra coursework in the garage though.
One thing we did miss on the plan was the family bathroom not vented, would have payed extra at the time if we realised. You also get one nbn connection, we had it in the living, a bit pricey from what I can remember to get it in the theatre room.. When the Foxtel guy came we got him to put another line in and cost 150.
Also think about upgrading to a slightly wider front door, not much bigger but makes the difference for getting furniture in.
What's included: electrical points ( certain amount), air con, all flooring, all blinds, cooker/hob and hood ( we payed extra for more tiled splash back). Stone bench tops. Garage front roller door ( no back roller door). Doors/frames,ceilings and cornices painted. Paved driveway/path to crossover and front landscaping package. Alfresco paved ( we left this off and got a deduction as we wanted to put deck down).
Think bout the cost of the additional work/costs required, paving down both sides, crossover completed and back landscaped. Painting, if you don't mind painting, do it yourself and save quite a bit.
Hope this helps.

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to [email protected], we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,