Great Service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2016

Homebuyers were good from the beginning, from finance to handover. The only fault I have is that after settlement Homebuyers called us to go in to the office to tell us that we owe an extra $5000 because the build price had gone up after waiting so long for settlement to go through, they would accept $1500 though, wasn't happy about this and thought it was not very professional. They said they would not start the build until we agreed to sign the papers.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Erica Thanks for reviewing us on Product Review. When you signed up for your home, the price was set for a 6 month period, however, the titles on your block took more than 12 months to come thro... read more »

Absolutely Amazing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

Homebuyers Centre were terrific from start to finish. We had some financial hurdles when we started and they stepped us through the whole thing and made it so easy. We settled on our block in September 2015 and collected our keys April 2016! It was so fast and they communicated with us every step of the way. I can't thank them enough for what they have done for us and nothing feels better than collecting the keys to our very first home. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks for the review Candice. Enjoy being a happy home owner!

Perth

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Terrible! Total rip off and not willing to accept their mistakes!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

Zero customer service, poor communication between internal departments and everything is customers's fault attitude. Home plans were changed by draftsman between prestart and slab down without informing us. When noticed sink have been installed at incorrect position we were told that "it is your responsibility to check final plan" and now they want to charge extra to put back onto original position. Total rip off. Customers beware before signing up. They will change something at their end and will make you pay for it. Homebuyers Centre this will go to ombudsman.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Saumil, We were disappointed to see your 1 star review, but thank you for taking the time to share your experience as this does allow us to enhance our service. We would truly like for you to en... read more »

Verified Customer

Great Experience. Highly Recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Being a first home owner I found my consultant Chris to be extremely helpful and informative from the moment I met with him. The whole process was smooth sailing especially with the customer service team updating at each stage. If I was to build again I'd definitely have no hesitation to use HBC again and I would highly recommend them to any one looking to build now. Thanks team!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

A great review Stephanie, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Verified Customer

Genuine, honest. Stress free.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

As a first home owner I was nervous and overwhelmed by committing to a new house and land package. Homebuyers Centre deserve great credit for making the experience an enjoyable one. My site manager Xavier was genuine, honest and very knowledgable. The customer support team were friendly and very supportive. Extremely happy overall and would highly recommend Homebuyers Center in the future.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We all get a bit nervous when embarking on a big project like building your very first house. Great to hear that we were able to walk you through the process and we wish you the best in your new home.

Perfect timing and quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2016

Being quite new in OZ land I was not sure which builders to chose from but I was very happy with HBC for finishing my house within 6 months and the quality was perfect. Not a single bad thing to talk about it. Everything were well managed and the team were professional. From Financing to handing over the key everything were very easy to deal with.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

An easy process is what we aim for. Thanks for reviewing us Manish!

Great Service And Workmanship

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2016

Customer service was fantastic and always got back to you with 24 hours. The workmanship and quality of our property upon completion exceeded our expectations. Building process was extremely easy with no problems making it a great choice for a new or first home buyer. Would build another one though them if we had the opportunity. Would recommend them to friends and family. Super happy.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Super happy to have seen your review also Becky!

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2016

We had a great experience building with Homebuyers centre. Gary our site supervisor was fantastic and made sure that our build was completed on time and to a high standard. The workmanship was really good and it made the final inspection very easy. Ash from customer service was also very helpful and happy to assist with any query we had during the build. I would recommend Homebuyers Centre to anyone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks for the review Emma. We wish you all the best with your new season in your new home!

Beyond Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2016

We are so happy with our home, workmanship has been fantastic and quality of all fixtures and fittings is brilliant. Not a single bad thing to say about homebuyers center, we would recommend them to everyone. The build was managed really well and site was kept clean. The customer service team are so friendly and helpful, always ready to answer any questions you have!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We are beyond happy that you love your home and had a great experience with us. Best of luck with it!

Aveley

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer

Great experience building our first home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2016

It's been 3 weeks since we've moved in to our new house and we are still thankful that we picked the right builder. It was indeed a great experience to build with Homebuyers centre. They finished our house for just 6 months and me and my partner were both happy and satisfied with the workmanship and the quality of the house. The customer service team was great and helpful throughout the building process. Highly recommended to our friends. =)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Ann, Thanks for sharing your experience online. We are sure you'll have many momentous occasions in your new home. All the best!

Verified Customer

Happy with homebuyers and new house.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2016

My partner and I are so happy to have chosen to build our first home with home buyers centre, everything from start to finish was great and stress free. All of the staff members we spoke with were friendly, professional and extremely helpful. Overall excellent build quality completely satisfied with homebuyers, would definitely recommend. Thank you so much home buyers.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks for the recommendation Kelsie!

A great little house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

We have been very impressed with the whole building process with Homebuyers. The house came in on budget, the build went smoothly, the site was kept clean and the house completed on time. The finishes were to an extremely high standard with stone benchtops and 90cm appliances included in the cost. It will be a great little home for someone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We love to hear that you have been impressed with the entire process!

So happy! Thank you Homebuyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2016

Got my keys today! Thank you homebuyers for such a smooth and professional build ! Everything was easy and you were always helpful with any questions I had! Looking forward to the move in now! Highly recommended and a job well done . Simon my site manager was always available and helpful with any building questions I had.

Customer service and support team constantly kept me updated throughout each stage of my building progress it was such a fun and hassle free experience.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Congratulations Saz86! We wish you all the best in your new home.

Impressive building company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2016

This was my first time building a house and have been very pleased with the process. The staff have been really helpful and friendly since day one. The customers support team are really full of knowledge and were very punctual getting back to me about things I needed to know.

The quality of the house is impressive also, all trades seem to take pride in there work and have given me a satisfying finished result.

Handover was a very pleasant experience, Kyle was full of knowledge and very easy to talk to when it came to asking questions.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi happyhomeowner, We are happy to have been of service and help you own your own home. Enjoy it!

Verified Customer

First House and happy with it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2016

My partner and I took the huge leap of building a house 10 months ago, we had absolutely no idea what we were getting ourselves into but we can safely say that through homebuyers it was made 10 times easier! When it came time to build, whenever we would go past we would have a look, if we found something that needed fixing we would alert homebuyers and they would get on to it ASAP! this made the build go so smoothly and in the end we got the keys 2 months earlier than we expected! My partner and I couldn't be more happier with the way our house turned out and couldn't thank all the staff that helped us along the whole process enough!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Excellent to hear that yourself and your partner are happy with your home. Thanks for letting us walk this journey with you.

Perth, Western Australia

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Can Not Fault at All

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

We signed up last May, the slab was put down in October and today 11/03/16 we got the keys! Everything went without a hitch, we had been burnt before by a shonky Broker and as a result lost our land and some money. Mark Chapman was our Sales Representative and couldn't of been more helpful or professional, he even rang me while I was on my way to pick up the keys to congratulate us. The girls in Customer Support were prompt, friendly and of course very professional too. Our supervisor Kyle was absolutely brilliant too! I used to work as a Sho wroom Consultant in the plumbing industry helping people select their toilets, taps ect. I did not have to upgrade much of anything, everything is by Caroma which is the best in the business and as long as you choose from Caroma you can pretty much have what you want, and it is very cheap to upgrade. Having said that the builders range is of the same quality and will look really nice in your home. I was really surprised at the choice you get with Homebuyers Centre, there is something for everyone.

We used their home finance Resolve Finance, Ivan Gavran was our Broker, nothing was to much trouble and I could not fault his service. If you are married to a New Zealander and are going through Keystart as we did, then you will need a certificate from Vevo to state you are a permanent resident of Australia. My husband has been here for over 30 years but still had to get one. Also if you, like we did get married by a Celebrant be aware that the Certificate the celebrant gives you is not a valid marriage certificate. You will have to get one from Births, Death & Marriages from your relevant state, weird I know as I did change my name with the latter certificate but Keystart want the official one. I also want to stress that the Fencing, Landscape contractors are wonderful too!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Tarotlova, Thanks for detailing the process you went through while choosing to build your home. Looks like you've had a great customer service experience and a quality home. Thanks for the handy tip too!

Just thought I would update, after six months anything wrong with your home Homebuyers will come and fix which all builders do I think. We had I think 3/4 minor problems such as one of the doors ne... read more »

Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks so much for the follow up feedback - so great to hear that everything well during the maintenance period! All the best for a happy future in your home! Thanks, Homebuyers Centre

Outstanding Work!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

"WOW" From the moment I meet Brad Kelly till hand over the whole process went smoothly, This is my first home and my first time building, each week I'd visit my home and be blown away at the Quality of workmanship and speed in which my home was built. TBH I called Customer support almost weekly and they happily answered all my Q&A. Amazing JOB well done!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Manda, Thank you for reviewing Homebuyers Centre on Product Review. Great to see you had a WOW experience with us!

Happy with my New Home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

I have just finished building my second home with Homebuyers Centre. As a young homeowner I'm very impressed with the service. I found both builds very smooth with no delays. At the pre-handover the Building Superviser had great attention to detail, I couldn't be happier with the whole process.
I can't wait to move in and enjoy all the finishing touches I got to select. The quality of the kitchen and bathroom fittings are great!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Jess
Thank you for the kind words and it is great to see you came back for a second build with us. All the best with your move in, Homebuyers Centre

Exceeded expectations

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2016

I have built numerous times but my first with Homebuyers and it has exceeded my expectations! There was a bit of a hiccup initially with my land title being delayed. As a result, I had to pay a price increase for the building materials. Of course the delay was through no fault of Homebuyers; I only wished they could have absorbed the price increase. Anyway after we got the paperwork out of the way, it has been smooth sailing. The quality of the building was completed to a good level and in good time too. Our site supervisor Daniel has been very helpful and professional. Defects picked up during the handover was promptly addressed and rectified. The Customer Service Team has also been very helpful and accommodating.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Sounds like you got good customer service and a quality build. Thanks for building with us Sim LS.

Verified Customer

Happy I Went With Homebuyers :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

The house turned out exactly how I wanted it to! The quality of the build was great, all touch ups were dealt with straight away and to a quality standard.

As a first home buyer it was a great experience, they made the process simple and straightforward to understand. Thank you to Chris R and Mark aswell as the Customer Service Team for helping me with all queries and questions I had

So excited to move in! Would definitely recommend homebuyers to my friends and family :)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks Stephie! We love to hear that the process was easy for yourself as a First Home Buyer.

4 of 14 pages

Looking at the homebuyers centre for our home.. can anyone tell me what is not included in the price? Naturally we will ask this at the meeting but want other peoples experiences too :)

Ps76 asked on Jul 07, 2017

Answer this

Hi, they are very open as to what is and what isn't included and you can select extras/upgrades at pre-selection (at a cost), something to think about is extra electric sockets, we had extras in all rooms and I believe it was far cheaper getting it done at that stage versus later on.
Also, the show home will not be standard, it will have the higher ceiling more likely, we never went for it, the height of the standard is sufficient. We did go for the extra coursework in the garage though.
One thing we did miss on the plan was the family bathroom not vented, would have payed extra at the time if we realised. You also get one nbn connection, we had it in the living, a bit pricey from what I can remember to get it in the theatre room.. When the Foxtel guy came we got him to put another line in and cost 150.
Also think about upgrading to a slightly wider front door, not much bigger but makes the difference for getting furniture in.
What's included: electrical points ( certain amount), air con, all flooring, all blinds, cooker/hob and hood ( we payed extra for more tiled splash back). Stone bench tops. Garage front roller door ( no back roller door). Doors/frames,ceilings and cornices painted. Paved driveway/path to crossover and front landscaping package. Alfresco paved ( we left this off and got a deduction as we wanted to put deck down).
Think bout the cost of the additional work/costs required, paving down both sides, crossover completed and back landscaped. Painting, if you don't mind painting, do it yourself and save quite a bit.
Hope this helps.

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to [email protected], we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,