Verified Customer

Very happy on the whole!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2016

We have been in our new home for 2 months now, and are very happy with the house, and our experience with HBC.

Our Sales Rep, Paul O, was really helpful and responsive to our queries without being pushy. The design process was clear and our pre-start consultant, Natalie L, was excellent at helping us make decisions without telling us what to do. She was really good at understanding our needs and we left feeling super excited about what would become our new home.

The construction process was pretty good. The trades were very good on the w
hole, with the occasional trade letting the team down a bit. However our site supervisor, Xavier, was sensational. We didn't have much contact throughout the build (all contact goes through the Customer Support Team in the office), although it was clear that he was picking up defects along the way himself and having them rectified. When I did run into him on site I felt a lot more comfortable with the build knowing that he was competent and keeping on top of things. And he was super friendly and keen to talk about the build when we ran into each other. It was great to do our handover inspection with him too.

The house was complete within a couple weeks of what we were originally told so no complaints there. Being late December, there were a few minor things to be finished externally, but that was done as promised. The couple of maintenance issues we've had so far have been attended to reasonably promptly. I think we were surprised by the number of little things that weren't quite right (e.g. poorly fitted towel rail, or a dummy door handle just pulling off, TV point not working, etc) but nothing is ever perfect, and they've been easy enough to fix so far. We have a small list forming for our 6-month maintenance meeting.

On the whole, we are very happy with the house design, the quality of finish, and the good communication with HBC. Personally I found it frustrating talking to the office all the time during construction (even though they were really friendly) rather than anyone on site, but it didn't seem to cause many problems. Given the horror stories we've heard about builders, we were thankful for such a good experience with HBC and we'd certainly build with them again.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Wow! What a review! Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience of the building process. All the best in your new home!

Stress free build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

We were extremely happy with the quality of workmanship displayed at our house, and how the build was managed. The tradesmen have completed our house to a high standard, and we feel they did not rush the build.

We were pretty happy with customer service, however a couple of pieces of small info were not told to us which had to be sorted later in the build.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

A stress free build is the kind of build you want!

Verified Customer

So happy and So excited to finally be in our own home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2016

We had a slow start with all the paper work but when the building process started, the house went up pretty quick.
We were kept up to date on the progress and the people we spoke to and dealt with were always friendly and helpful.
Love everything about our new home and cant wait to move in and make it our own.
Thank you to everyone involved.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We appreciate you taking the time to review us Liz. Excellent to hear that you love your new home!

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Simply just Great.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2016

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Yes! What a great review. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Just a follow up review 2 months after moving into my new place. I would like to give some credit to the customer service team at HBC. They are friendly and helpful. The Customer Service Tea... read more »

Exactly as we wanted it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2016

Everything from our first meeting, finance, to completion was fantastic. Customer service was fantastic if they couldn't answer a question they found someone who could very quickly. When there was a problem with appliances going missing they were quickly replaced. Quality of the build seems very high. The selection for house finishes was huge and any upgrades were not expensive. When we went to site the trades people were friendly and professional. Only thing of concern is that we didn't have to show ID to pick up our keys. Would recommend Homebuyers Centre Western Australia to anyone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Jenny, this is great feedback! Exactly what we love hearing. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2016

We love this home. It is almost perfect only thing we would change is more of the Windows to open.
Other then that the build time was very quick and the house has been built to an above quality standard.
The 900mm kitchen appliances are fantastic and we constantly get compliments on them. We would recommend others to build with homebuyers centre.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We love that you love your home! Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Great to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2016

Awsome to deal with great communication and always wanting to help with everything they can. Would definitely biuld again with these guys! I'm not a biulder but good workmanship everything finished on time and went smoothly. The key handover was great a lot of information was given for organising post sale bills little things that you don't think of. A pleasure to deal with

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

And it was our pleasure to build it for you Gweedo!

Verified Customer

We absolutely love our house!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2016

The quality of the house is outstanding. We got everything we wanted. If there was a reason for something we were told the reason. If there was an issue we had with the build it got fixed or altered.

Very minor issue with how fast plate height was progressing but everything else was on time or quicker than expected.

The customer service was excellent. Very supportive staff and accommodated our requests without any issues.

Overall we have had a fabulous experience with Homebuyers and would recommend them to our friends.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Amanda, Thanks for the four star review! Fabulous to hear that you got a quality home at the end of the build. It is a pity you had a couple of issues but great to hear they were resolved. Enjoy... read more »

Awesome build again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2016

We have just built another house as an investment with homebuyers and we would do it again we again used Ben wills who was brilliant and also handover man Mal was awesome would build again with them if we had the opportunity.... Every process from picking the block to handover was great and the staff mentioned were always very helpful

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Sounds like you got the service you deserve when building a home. All the best with the investment property!

Verified Customer

Very Helpful And Professional!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2016

Beautifully finished home and completed exactly when they said it would be.
The staff were helpful through every step of the journey and patient with me when my inexperience was overwhelming.
They made the entire process quick and easy and answered all the inane questions I asked through out the year. I would definitely build through them again given the choice.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We loved helping you with your new home. It is our aim to help people just like you through the process of building a home and make it an enjoyable experience.

Quick And Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2016

Very thorough on handover. I have built a number of first homes and always on pre inspections we have had a lot of issues. Slade was very thorough will his approach made the inspection easy. It is great to see he has pride in what he does and it shows.
Thanks for the new home and an easy process from start to finish.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

That is exactly what we aim to do, make it easy!

Perth

• 1 comment

Enjoyable Experiance with Homebuyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2016

I have just finished building with homebuyers, my journey has been amazing watching my home grow one month to the next. They always updated me throughout my build on the progress and any changes that might need to occur. I was able to contact the support team and had a response within a couple of days. Neil my original sales representative was amazing, he was the reason I went with homebuyers as he was able to design my house to what I had always wanted and the end product is amazing. My site manager Xavier was great during pre-settlement inspection, there were a couple of changes I wanted and he catered to those which was great. Thanks to all the homebuyers team and I will definitely recommend you to my friends and family in the future.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thank you Amy for the raving 5 star review. Hearing comments like 'the end product is amazing' makes our day! Good luck with moving in and enjoy the home!

Not a problem. Thanks I will definitely be enjoying it come moving day ☺

Smooth building journey + Great build quality = One happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2016

This was my first time building with Homebuyers Centre. I was informed by the sales person that HBC has access to a large network of building resources and suppliers. This has proven to be true as my house was completed in a timely manner with no major delays. The build quality of the house has been very good.

The building process has been well managed by the customer service team. They were always polite, professional and happy to assist with any concerns and questions.

Overall, I am happy with my experience with HBC. Would I recommend Homebuyers Centre to my family and friends? YES!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thank you for reviewing us on Product Review, we greatly appreciate your comments.

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2016

The Workmanship and build quality looks great we have moved in 6 months after the slab went down.
The build was well managed and we got given information as we requested it.
And the customer service and support was top class.
We have enjoyed the experience and maybe looking to do the process again a few years, maybe with with an investment property.

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

What started out perfect has turned into such a hassle

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2016

We had 2 different supervisors during our build but they handed over the day of my final inspection and none of my pre inspection work had been done. I had professional building inspectors come and do an inspection and provided it to home buyers and the supervisor 3 times. I have had someone come twice to fix some of the issues but then leave quite a few unfinished. The supervisor is incredibly overworked so I thought that's fine it will just get finished on the defects list at the 6 month mark, right? Wrong! No one contacted me at all despite the paperwork being sent through weeks ago. I have doors that won't close, big cracks in the paint, hinges that aren't correctly in the doors and big concrete chunks missing under light switches. I have emailed the service team over and over again and still nothing. It started of so well and the lack of follow up and my constant need to nag them to get 1 or 2 items of off the list fixed has been a nightmare.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

What an experience! 5 star!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

Day 6 in our beautiful home and we couldnt be happier.
The whole process from start to finish was a breeze! Nothing was too hard and no question ever went unanswered. Slab went down 3/8 and we got the keys 20/1!
Site supervisor Jon is a superstar! Thank you for your efforts in getting us into our home by our rental departure deadline!
THANK YOU HOMEBUYERS!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thank you SamJosh for the review!

Perth, Western Australia

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Dodgy workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2016

From the start everything was dodgy. The brickwork was shocking and every other trade that worked on it was shocking. It seems like they have too much work and just do it to get it over and done with. Was lied to from the onset and throughout. Every time I raised issues I was promised but nothing was delivered. Clever use of the interest payments deadlines ensures you sign off on work done no matter how bad it is.

I would not use or recommend them to anyone else. Customer service just as shocking. Apparently a long warranty for structural defects does not cover much.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Gluey, We were disappointed to see your one star review. We would love to discuss your experience further, can you please contact our office on 9240 1111. Kind Regards, Homebuyers Centre

So you can send a inspector to tell me that all the problems I have are technically in tolerance and not really problems. Or that the paint on the door frames and ceilings in my two yr old home wa... read more »

Hi Gluey,

Our Building Manager is going to make contact with you via phone to arrange a meeting or at least discuss your concerns further.

Kind Regards,
Homebuyers Centre

Verified Customer

Happy to be in our new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2016

We chose the homebuyers center as we hadn't been living in Australia for long and was unsure about getting finance. It ended up being easy to finance our house with their help. The paperwork at the beginning seemed to take a long time. But as soon as the slab went down building began and progressed quickly. It was 1 year from start to finish. We are happy with our new home. We had no problems with the builders.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

That's what we aim to do, make it easy with our three step process. Finance, Land and Home. Excellent to hear that you had no problems, all the best with your new home.

Verified Customer

WOW!!! Owning a brand new home...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2016

Our experience building a home with Homebuyers Centre was so great, fun and stress free! From day one, meeting with the sales representative, to the customer service staffs who were very willing to help and answer all our queries (amazing). They were always professional, friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. Likewise, we were always updated on the progress of the construction until the final completion . Picking up the keys was a very happy moment on our part with a lovely homebuyers gift pack.
Overall, we are really satisfied with the outcome of our new home and enjoying our stay.
Thank you Homebuyers Centre for the excellent service and hard work of all your staff, Highly recommended!!!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks for the recommendation Gardy. Love hearing that you are satisfied with the quality of your home and you felt you received excellent service along the way!

Hassle Free Build!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2016

What a great experience!!! From the Sales Rep to the Customer Service staff who were so helpful and friendly, happy to answer any questions I had. All work was completed as scheduled. I had an independent building inspector look over everything at Practical Completion Inspection and was told my house was very well built. The site manager was friendly and took the time to answer any questions I had. Overall they made building my first house to be a very enjoyable, stress free experience. Thanks HBC!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Jennifer, Building should be a good experience. It's very positive that the building inspector acknowledged the quality of the build. We are happy to have helped you with your stress free home. Enjoy!

5 of 14 pages

Looking at the homebuyers centre for our home.. can anyone tell me what is not included in the price? Naturally we will ask this at the meeting but want other peoples experiences too :)

Ps76 asked on Jul 07, 2017

Answer this

Hi, they are very open as to what is and what isn't included and you can select extras/upgrades at pre-selection (at a cost), something to think about is extra electric sockets, we had extras in all rooms and I believe it was far cheaper getting it done at that stage versus later on.
Also, the show home will not be standard, it will have the higher ceiling more likely, we never went for it, the height of the standard is sufficient. We did go for the extra coursework in the garage though.
One thing we did miss on the plan was the family bathroom not vented, would have payed extra at the time if we realised. You also get one nbn connection, we had it in the living, a bit pricey from what I can remember to get it in the theatre room.. When the Foxtel guy came we got him to put another line in and cost 150.
Also think about upgrading to a slightly wider front door, not much bigger but makes the difference for getting furniture in.
What's included: electrical points ( certain amount), air con, all flooring, all blinds, cooker/hob and hood ( we payed extra for more tiled splash back). Stone bench tops. Garage front roller door ( no back roller door). Doors/frames,ceilings and cornices painted. Paved driveway/path to crossover and front landscaping package. Alfresco paved ( we left this off and got a deduction as we wanted to put deck down).
Think bout the cost of the additional work/costs required, paving down both sides, crossover completed and back landscaped. Painting, if you don't mind painting, do it yourself and save quite a bit.
Hope this helps.

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to [email protected], we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,