Homebuyers Centre Victoria is offering a $100 Kmart voucher to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Highly Recommended.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

We have been in our Homebuyers Centre house for a little over a year now, We purposely waited until now to write this review so we could include our thoughts on their after sales (build) warranty.
Overall we are really happy with HBC. We used Darbecca private building inspectors along the way to ensure things were being done right and there were a few things that needed rectifying but HBC always stuck by their product and made things right. We have a great house now and we are happy HBC customers here.
The only advice I have for new HBC buyers is to know what changes you want to make at the point of signing the contract as HBC are more than a little difficult about changes made at the point of colour selection, its a shame really for apart from that they are fantastic. A Special shout out to our site manager George always went out of his way to make us happy and to the warranty department that always fixed our minor, after build issues. Great team right there.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Happy 1-year in your new home Derek, we're so pleased you are loving your home today as much as the day you moved in! It's great to hear that the team made things right for you and the Darbecca ins... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great customer service, Smooth Process. Thank you Homebuyers Centre Victoria!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Great customer service since the very beginning. Supported by fantastic staff on every stage and they always put customer first. Great workmanship and quality, finish and follow up. We are interstate buyer and appreciated for accommodating us at all times. Not moving in yet but got a promise to sort out everything for us when we have set a date. I suggest to everyone that home buyers is the company to go forward building your home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your review Ada! So great to hear that your experience thus far has been smooth. We hope you enjoy the rest of your build; feel free to contact us with any questions during this time. We... read more »

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

From start to finish this has been an excellent experience, it is the first time I've ever built a home and would not hesitate to do this again with Homebuyers. Every step of this journey has been well supported by all staff at Homebuyers.

Our Building Supervisor David was amazing and answered even our silliest questions in a prompt and timely fashion every time. Even though our experience is limited we are confident that the finish on our home is as it should be and as we expected. This in a big way was due to the confidence we felt in our Building supervisor. Thanks Homebuyers

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your lovely review Debbie! It's so great to hear that David and the rest of our team made your first build such a positive experience, and we're so grateful you took the time out of your... read more »

What an experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

What an experience for a first home and build! Superb customer service since the very beginning. Every stage was supported by fantastic staff who assisted to whatever concern or query I raised. Workmanship, quality and finish of the build was managed and executed to a high standard. The organisation of this company is by far one of the best out there. Thank you Homebuyers Centre and would without doubt build again with you!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks so much for your lovely review. It's so nice to read that the customer service you received was great from start to finish - and you felt the build was well organised (so important for your ... read more »

So happy with our new home. Thank you Homebuyers Celntre Victoria

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We have recently moved into our new home (the Grove 22) built by Homebuyers Centre. Our experience was fantastic every step of the way. As first home buyers, Homebuyers Centre made the daunting process of building our new home easy and seamless. Our site manager and Customer Liason Officer were there with us every step of the way. We received weekly updates on our homes progress and Shayne was always available to take our calls if we had any questions. We began building in August 2017 and walked into our new home ready to move in on the 22nd of December 2017. Considering this was so close to the Christmas break, Jade and Shayne went above and beyond to make sure that we could spend our first Christmas in our new home.
Since moving in, the service has continued with Homebuyers providing great support with any adjustments which have needed to be made to sticky door seals or any little huccups we have had.
I would definately reccomend all home buyers, not just first home buyers, to build with Homebuyers Centre Victoria.
Thanks for the great experience Homebuyers Centre Victoria.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Jules, thanks so much for taking the time to leave this detailed review! Firstly, a big congratulations to you in building your first home - such an exciting time. It's wonderful to hear that yo... read more »

Amaizng service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

We couldn’t have been happier with the process. The customer service and support was incredible. I was very particular with some things I wanted and they were more than accommodating. I sent about 300 emails to find the best design for myself and my partner. Not once did they seem like my requests were too much. The only issues we’ve had since moving in is out ensuite sink Leaks, our kitchen tap fell off and our toilet got a bit clogged. All small things however I recommend checking the plumbing before signing off :)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

It's great to hear that you were happy with the build process Stacey!
We hope you enjoy your new home, and are always here should you have any questions. All our best - Homebuyers Centre Team

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great customer service and quality is next to perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

From the beginning we always received emails to update us on the progress of our home, and most of the time they were ahead of schedule. Our builder sometimes forgot to do certain things and we did have to get a hold of him a few times to remind him but overall homebuyers have been great. Highly recommend building with them, very happy with our home and they made the process of building our first home exciting

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your first home Jacinta! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review, we are very happy to read that you would recommend Homebuyers Centre to others. We wish you many... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Such a smooth process and fantastic build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

We could not be happier with our build, our SS Will has been fantastic, when issues have arised he has gotten onto them straight away and had them fixed! The whole HBC have great communication our CL Casey has been so easy to deal with and always gives us updates. The workmanship in our home is great, we are so glad we were able to upgrade our ceilings and ceaser stone for our benchtops.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks so much for your lovely review Candice! It's so great to hear that Will, Casey and the Homebuyers Centre team were easy to deal with and that you were happy with the workmanship of your home... read more »

Point cook

• 1 answer

Building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

From start to finish we were constantly kept in the loop. When the build commenced we were given weekly updates of the progression and also our site supervisors phone number, if we had any questions they were always answered promptly. I honestly had a positive experience with Homebuyers and I regularly recommend them to my friends and family. We are happy with the quality of the build as well.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your lovely review Leah! It's great to hear that your building experience was a positive one and you're pleased with the quality of your new home. We hope you enjoy many happy memories t... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Not great but not terribly terrible builder

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Some of the trades were great, some really weren’t. The plasterer I think was by far the worst. So many imperfections that I see every day and hate seeing. Our blinds weren’t installed correctly and homebuyer centre wouldn’t get them rectified, our exposed agg driveway had cracks before we even moved in but again they wouldn’t fix it because they aren’t wide enough, we had issues with the wrong bin draw getting installed and it took about 4 months to get them to rectify that. It’s our first build with Homebuyer Centre but our 3rd build and definitely most issues with this one.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Katie, We're sorry to hear you felt some of the process wasn't great - our management team are keen to follow up with you to see if there's anything further we can assist with. Please respond t... read more »

Perfect house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Working with homebuyers center was the best, I'm really happy how the house was built. I would definitely recommend homebuyer centre to everyone else. The house took a short time to build which was excellent and the service that was provided was the best. The quality of the house represents the Excellence of the company where there was no problems with the house being built. Also, the employees were on top of everything and were very helpful in my enquiries. I would definitely rebuild with Homebuyers center again if I were to build another house. Further, I suggest to everyone that home buyers is the company to go forward building your home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your lovely review Sashi! So nice to read that your experience was a positive one and that you'd choose us again if you decide to build in the future. You know where to find us if you ha... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

The workmanship and quality of the property was very disappointing. I feel they left all of the jobs to the apprentices without supervision. Paint, grout, caulking, all very messy and sub standard.
I received emails once per week as to what had been completed and what was to be conducted the following week. The majority of the time when I came for a drive by peek, they were behind their expectations and I was never offered an opportunity to inspect throughout the build until I contacted them towards the end.
Customer service in regard to having issues rectified... an absolute joke, it’s been several weeks and still waiting on numerous issues to be sorted. Too many excuses and seem to tell you what you want to hear just to smooth things over and avoid the issues at hand. As I have escalated this to warranties, customer service has been satisfactory and very helpful.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Eden, thank you for your patience and honesty.
We'll continue to work with you on the remaining items. Feel free to contact us directly with your feedback.
- Homebuyers Centre Team

Hi Melissa, This is the email I sent to Dee today. I hope you can help us out in any way you can. Thanks, Eden Dear Dee, Just wanted to touch base and find out if there is a plan of action to... read more »

Curlewis

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Great admin/office- unimpressed with site management

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Customer service was excellent from office/admin side from the very start including the man at the display home which is why we went with Homebuyers, all the ladies at the office were fantastic including at colour selection, finance and overall excellent communication throughout. We were very happy with the process (apart from having to travel to Melb from Geelong for document signing and colour selection- which we had not been made aware of) untill it came to on site management. It began with the lack of communication/updates from supervisor. The day we got the keys from Melbourne and arrived at our new home we were instantly disgusted with the "site clean" that had obviously not taken place. We took photos as the entire surrounds of our house had rubbish and piles of dirt. Among the rubbish was plastic bottles, bricks, pieces of wood, plastic bags and more. Being in our home only 2 weeks we can see every join in the roof plaster, paint work in hallways and roof is very patchy, you can see most of the screws that have been stopped up on the roof. White paint was left on our kitchen sink tap (appears to be where painters have washed their brushes) A week in and we went to turn on the heater- which did not go on. Investigating this we found the entire heating system sitting in a box and not installed in the man hole- we could not believe it. Another example of our supervisors lack of competancy is when we called about the heating it was palmed off as someone elses responsibility. We really hope we don't come across any other issues with our first home as so far there has been far too many disappointments. From our point of view all of these reflect poor site management. We hope these issues will get resolved by Homebuyers centre.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi D and Y King, thanks for taking the time to leave this review and it's nice to read you were impressed with the customer service. We're disappointed to head your feedback on the site management ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

My very first build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I am so happy with my build things are going along so well. the construction team are doing a great job. It does not matter which department I contact they are all so helpful. looking forward to seeing the next stage of construction. Everything is happening very quickly everyday there is progress on the site. Well done Homebuyers great job.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your first build Ann! It's great to hear that the team have been helpful to date and that you're enjoying the progress of your new home. You know we're happy to answer any questi... read more »

A first home experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

A friend recommended 'Homebuyers Center' to me last year and I am so glad that I chose to build with them! From my first meeting with Homebuyers Center, I knew I was in good hands. The crew were very friendly and were able to answer all of my questions with ease.
The building layout that we chose was a perfect fit for myself and partner and the colour schemes were better than what we could've picked ourselves.
The building process was a breeze and our liaison was very helpful throughout each stage.
Thankyou to Homebuyers Center for making our first home buyers experience an amazing one. We are very happy in our new home!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Shane,
Thanks for your review!
It's awesome to hear that the building process was a breeze for your first home. We hope you enjoy many happy memories there - Homebuyers Centre Team

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

First dream home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Building my first home I was extremely nervous and unsure of what to expect. Huge thanks to Bethany and Andrew who talked me through step by step explaining everything in amazing detail and helping me to choose my perfect first home. Bethany kept to her word when she said she would be in contact.
Super excited to live in my first Homebuyers Centre home. Can’t wait to build the next one.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your first home Jessica! How exciting! It's so lovely that Beth and Andrew have been helpful, we know it's a big decision so we're always here to answer any questions you may hav... read more »

Charlemont

Verry Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

I found the workmanship and build to be of a very high standard. The build was managed very professionally. The customer service and support were excellent. This is the third house that I have built and by far the best. eg. Workmanship and I was kept up to date with progress reports. I'm looking forward to moving in and enjoying my Accent home. I would definitely recommend Boutique Homes. Also I was pleasantly surprised to receive a welcome hamper, very thoughtful.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your review Randall and we're so happy to read you've enjoyed building with us three times. Enjoy the Accent!
- Homebuyers Centre Team

Geelong

Our beautiful "no fuss" home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Thank you to the entire team, from Andrew in the Display Home through every stage to Jasmine, our Client Liaison Officer and Michael our Site Manager. Never having built before it was a daunting prospect, but we were welcomed into the organisation by each person, and always treated as an individual client with specific needs.
The workmanship is excellent, the paint work great, just the quality of the paint not up to our normal standards, but that is what we paid for.
Receiving weekly updates was a brilliant service, and made us feel like we were part of the team.
To finish off, our house was to take an average of 16 weeks to build and we were in it in 13 weeks - just wonderful.
Thank you to all the staff that have helped us on this journey - we have already recommended Homebuyers to many people.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks so much for your lovely review, Shirley and Antony!
So nice to hear that the entire Homebuyers Centre team were helpful and made the process "no fuss" for you. Enjoy your new home, and do stay in touch with us.
- Homebuyers Centre Team

Melbourne

Proud to be First Home Owners with Homebuyers Centre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

When we decided to build our first home, we were nervous of the process that was involved. But with Homebuyers Centre it was reassuring to have such great support at the start and also throughout the build. Our client support officer, Ashlee was great as she kept us informed during the construction stages. Blake who was our site manager towards the end of construction was attentive and responsive to all our queries.

The build overall was managed well with the various site managers who kept us in the loop throughout each construction stage.

The quality of the build and workmanship impressed us greatly. However, there were a lack of attention to detail concerning tiny paint spots on the timber laminate flooring which we discovered after moving in, obvious touch up spots in our hallway that was not blended well and some mess swept under our stovetop/oven area. Despite these minor discoveries, we are overall very pleased and happy with the service Homebuyers Centre have provided us.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your first home, Thia! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, it's nice to hear that Ashlee and the team kept in touch with you throughout the build and that you wer... read more »

Clyde North

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

You can’t build a home without Homebuyers Centre

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

It has been an absolute pleasure building with the Homebuyers Centre. The build has been managed very well and we have very much appreciated the constant construction update emails and communication from their team. They have made the experience of building stress free. Overall we are very happy with our experience and would build through them again, quality at an affordable price. We are looking forward to moving into our Alto townhouse. Thank you

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

What a lovely review! We hope you love your Alto Jamye, it's so nice to read that the experience was stress-free. Should you have any questions for the team in the future, you know where to find us.
- Homebuyers Centre Team.

1 of 22 pages