Homebuyers Centre Victoria is offering a $100 Kmart voucher to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Happy HomeBuyer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

The build was managed fairly well. I had 3 site managers in the 4.5 months. The first 2 weren’t great and I wasn’t notified by HomeBuyers that the 2nd has moved on. I was notified by somebody who had the same site manager. The 3rd site manager was great. Really patient and when I wasn’t happy with little things he made sure they were fixed.

Final cost was spot on I didn’t have to pay any extra. The build quality, I’ve only had a couple of minor issues including one of the doors not closing properly. But, the site manager has organised to fix that up.

Building with Homebuyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

We were nothing but impressed with Homebuyers. It was such a long wait for our land to title, but when it did, homebuyers were straight on the job. We received weekly updates via phone call from our site manager, David. Followed up by weekly emails from Casey. We never had any concerns or worries the entire length of the build. Everything was done to an amazing standard and any concerns or issues we did have was address straight away. We did need to have some touch ups done before handover but these were only minimal (paint touch ups).

Post handover, we are very happy in our new home. We did have a coupe of issues with our internet ports not working and the drains in our shower not working. We text our site manager, David and he had the issue fixed completely within 24 hours of alerting him. We have been EXTREMELY impressed with David and thankful for the ongoing support even after the build has been completed.

As first home owners and builders, we could not have asked for a better company to do the job. They are informative, reliable and most importantly friendly and supportive. We were told by friends and family that building would be highly stressful and Homebuyers proved them all wrong.

Excellent ongoing sitemanagement

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

The build was managed brilliantly. We had a lot of delays with the land being ready, once it titled though it was all systems go from Homebuyers. The process was clean and the site manager allocated to us did an amazing job and really helped us feel confident. Even after the house was built he helped out with additional answers and was readily available should we need him. A great experience.

TARNEIT

• 1 question

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2020

Step 1 with Homebuyers, So far, so good.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Hi All,
I have noticed everyone here posting review when everything is done and dusted and really no scope for further actions. I have signed up with homebuyers only last month and I have decided to keep viewers updated with each of my stages with full honestly. My agent was Chandan Dang. Chandan had been helpful so far, quite energetic must say. But I am quite picky so I had always asked him for more info which he was happy to answer. My construction is yet to start .

Stage 1: Contract signing, booking , initiation and introduction to basics- Very Good

I will keep you posted on each stage as I progress . Hoping it is going to be positive!

Readers are welcome to share their views!

Five Star Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Where to begin? From the very beginning we were blown away by the customer service and attention to detail we received by the home buyers centre.

We had been told quite a lot of building horror stories and were a little nervous to start the build, however the knowledge and patience of our sales consultant was outstanding, and because we were first home buyers and had 101 questions, our consultant went above and beyond to answer each and every one of them, which put our minds at ease.

Next up was our colour consultant who was absolutely amazing, which not only made our experience enjoyable but made it memorable.

We were then passed onto construction and handed over to our client liaisons officer and site supervisor which were both in contact throughout the build, to say they were helpful and informative is an understatement.

I would highly recommend the home buyers center to anyone looking to build there first home or subsequent home, as there homes are not only affordable but are quality built homes.

We will defiantly be building with the homebuyers centre again in the near future and have already recommended friends and family which are now building with them too.

A massive thank you to the home buyers centre for such an awesome experience, we can't thank you enough.

Awesome Journey to My home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

What a journey for me to get the house for myself.

But its so exciting now that the house is ready and have moved in .

Great Help from Homebuyers team it was much easier to keep track of things at the end in construction part.

The journey of my home construction was amazing. Updates kept coming to me as always and i exactly knew what was happening at the construction n it was exactly in same situation when i go and visit the house.

Thank you very mych team specially Paul, Sabrina and Brendan to help me out with this journey.

First Home Owners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I was very nervous to build a new home with all the horror stories I have heard.... Luckily our start to this new chapter has been an amazing experience. Firstly the sales man we where dealing with helped us negotiate and purchase the ideal block for us. From there on the process was easy and simple, there where no delays or issues, constant updates and fast build time. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2019

FIRST HOME BUILT WITH NO ISSUES OR WORRIES

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Builder was upfront and honest about all costs and additional costs that could occur. Build went smoothly, with lots of communication and updates weekly on the progress. Finishes in the house, and appliances were all of a high standard. All the staff were friendly and did not make you feel silly for asking lots of questions and having things explained twice in some cases. We had a few little hiccups from there suppliers but they handled them smoothly and it didn't slow down the progress. From first signing with them to handover we were very happy and glad we chose them.

Amazing first home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

From the very beginning we had excellent service with Homebuyers. At first we were unsure if we would be able to build with homebuyers because we always thought we might not be able to afford it, however we could. Brent helped us get in contact with resolve financing and connected us with Daisy, who is a broker for Resolve Financing and she was very pleasant and professional to work with- she went above and beyond. Brent also helped us pick out the ideal house for our family (the Orlando 20) and added on upgrades that we would like. Brent again went above and beyond. The next step we got to choose our colours and any extras we may like- for this Mel helped us and she was extremely helpful and gave us a bunch of ideas/ recommendations like adding a junction box out the front. She then handed us over to Selen who was wonderful - she gave us updates every week via email. At first our build was at a hault due to the foreman leaving however, once we got a new foreman Mark he was excellent, he was very accommodating and him and his team did a great job- and my husband and I are very happy. The workmanship is great - there are a few things that need to be fixed but like any build things happen. Overall I give 5 stars because the process was great, the people are great and our house is great for our growing family. Thank you so much to homebuyers and their employees! Ps. My daughter absolutely loves her room- she doesn’t want to leave it.

First time builders

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Our sales consultant pre start consultant and client liason coordinators were amazing. Our build went smoothly except for a couple of minor issues which were rectified, and overall we are happy with the quality of the build and the experience. Unfortunately the only time we were contacted by our site supervisor throughout the entire build was at the second last inspection which was very disappointing.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Willow 22 Review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

We had no complaints throughout our build, our site manager had great communication throughout. There are a few workmanship issues I have post moving in in terms of cleaning, paint work and lights not lining up - I am hoping to have that cleared up at our first inspection.
Overall our final cost was similar to what we were hoping for. There were no hidden surprises which was good!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Excellent pre-start experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

It's been very smooth process so far and great experience interacting with pre-start team in Melbourne. They have been very prompt in answering calls and emails. Good range of facades and internal/external themes to choose from. Love their designs for double storey house and standard inclusions are better compared to others. Looking forward for positive experience during build phase and hoping for quality build and on time delivery.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Made buiding an absolute breeze!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

From the moment I entered the showroom up until now and continuing- Homebuyers have provided faultless support and made building a home very easy. Their constant progress updates along the way, along with their extremely quick responses whenever I contacted them was unwavering. As with most new homes there have been some issues, however the response and assistance from Homebuyers has been outstanding!

Curlewis

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Well done Homebuyers - we are thrilled!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

We built in the Geelong area with Homebuyers and got the keys two weeks ago. We are very happy with our Vibe 22.

Our daughter built with Boutique in 2017 and we were very impressed with the quality and speed of the build. This and our fabulous and patient Homebuyer sales consultant, Andrew, were the reasons we selected Homebuyers. We chose the Vibe 22 3 bedroom floor plan with some changes to windows etc. All the Homebuyers staff have been excellent particularly our Pre-start consultant, Caitlyn, Client Liaison, Carly and Site Supervisor, Chris.

The build went very smoothly and we were kept well informed of progress. It was so fast. We had an independent building inspector for the build who commented how good the quality was. There were only some minor hiccups that were sorted easily and quickly. All our trades were top notch particularly our brickie.

We would highly recommend Homebuyers to anyone seeking a high quality home at a competitive price. Thank you.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Perfect first home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Couldn't be happier with the build experience from homebuyers centre. Being a first time builder they made it very stress free, especially having everything under one roof for appointments. The in house team were always helpful in answering questions, and the site supervisors were both excellent in keeping me up to date with the progress.
The final inspection was stress free as very very minimal minor things needed to be fixed, just showing their attention to detail during the actual build.
Overall i couldn't be happier, and definitely reccomend them for anyone who wants to build, especially first time homeowners.

Happily Living In My New HomeBuyers Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I have recently moved in to a newly built Phoenix in Victoria with George as my site supervisor and Casey as my Client Liaison who provided great customer service.

Although I have built before, I wasn’t knowledgeable by any means and everyone at Homebuyers Centre thoroughly explained the contract, build and process – making the whole, usually stressful, experience easy to understand and follow.

Of course the build was not without any hiccups (what build ever is?) but everything was promptly fixed with great communication – I am only waiting on a few paint touch-ups.

Unfortunately my land titling (which Home Buyers had no control over) was delayed for 2 years which increased the final cost.

I am overall very happy with the quality and build of my new home, I love the accessible price range and easy to understand consultations all with quick, well-explained, communication.

How easy it is to own your own home with Homebuyers Centre Vic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

We are so happy with our build from start to finish. Very quick build 16 weeks! The team we had answered our many, many questions and helped us along the way. We were able to design our home to suit our lifestyle and make any upgrades we wanted. (We didn't need many as most of the stuff we wanted was included) We are incredibly happy with our new home and can't wait to start our lives as homeowners! Thank you Homebuyers Centre!

Great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Everyone was really helpful with helping to pick out colours for the house and with organising the finance to start building. The site manager was fantastic with keeping me up to date every week and telling me what they were up to with the house. The house was finished very quickly within 4 months. Very happy with homebuyers will recommend to friends.

• 1 question

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

A good quality home with minor hiccups

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

We built the Abode 22 with Homebuyers Centre because we liked the quality of the build in the display homes. Build quality is very good and completed in less than 5 months.

Highly recommend having a private building inspector to go through each stage of the build as there were some issues that needed to be fixed up.

Homebuyers Centre is strict with making any changes after the colour appointment so it is important to know what you want before coming in.

Overall it was a fairly painless experience for us as a first home owner. The experience was made less daunting with their excellent customer service consultants.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks so much for your review and congratulations on your first home!
It's great to hear your build was completed promptly and to a high quality.
If there's anything else we can do for you moving forward, please let us know.
- Homebuyers Centre Team

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

So Happy with Homebuyers!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

I would highly recommend Homebuyers to anyone that is wanting to build. Their workmanship is fantastic. The site supervisor was always in contact with regular updates and worked alongside my building inspector which was great. The inspection reports came back with minimal defects which was extremely refreshing! Again the customer service and support i received was also amazing! I really cannot fault the whole process.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks so much for your review Lee! Congratulations on your new home. We're happy you are happy - thanks for trusting Homebuyers Centre with such an important purchase. It's great to hear that you ... read more »

1 of 30 pages

Hi Guys, I am recently with HBC and next week is my HIA signing, they mentioned for custom appointment itself will cost 500$. Can anyone advise me, what is the difference between standard appointment for color selection and custom? Is it worth it? Why does it cost a whooping 500$ for the consultation alone!

Lamea asked on Sep 17, 2018

Answer this

Hello Lamea, Congratulations on your new home purchase, we literally just picked up our keys and are so happy with the build. To answer your questions, the standard appointment for colour selections means they have a selection of boards already chosen by the experts (I went with this option "Storm" and updated the carpets and changed my floor colour) once you sign your contract you should receive a big binder folder to assist you in selecting which has all the boards available for both internal colours and external colours, the custom colour appointment means that you chose absolutely everything colour wise, which I think would be quite overwhelming, however the choice is yours. Also I recommend you think about all the upgrades you may want prior to the appointment or request a list from your new homes consultant. Before you sign the contracts I may be able to send you a referral which means you would get the $500 colour appointment free, would you like me to look into this today and let you know? Wishing you all the best with the build if I don't hear back from you.

Hi, Congratulations!
We just completed our build and loving the new home.
We picked the colour appointment as we wanted to have choice of everything and didn't like the combinations that was available on the colour boards.
The colour appointment can go for around 1-2 hours (depending on how long you want to spend there)
I loved it! The person who was with us was very helpful, they go through all the external and then internal colours, you will have all samples that you will put in a group to see if it all matches.
I would recommend this if you have particular colour scheme in mind.
Good luck!

Dear @eleisha K, that is a fabulous offer. I would like to know more about the referral offer please. Are there any terms or obligations involved? You can PM me please.

Dear Han, Thanks a lot indeed . I wasnt sure what are the extra benefits I can get from a custom appointment? I mean I would need to pay for the upgrades anyway right?
Or is upgrade and choosing custom color not the same? I am confused :/

Has anyone else's house started falling down?

Bryce asked on Mar 14, 2018

Answer this

Contact the Warranties team. No house is going to be perfect so that's why they will come out at 12 month mark to fix anything you need. I've had same stuff, chipped plaster, doors not closing properly, cracked concrete in garage, but none of it's urgent. Best to make a list of everything that needs rectifying at your inspection. You can book your inspection 2 months before your 1 year anniversary of handover assist@abngroup.com.au

Contact Fair Trading

Hello, my partner and I are heading to homebuyers docklands office to discuss finances on Monday with Brendan and the team. So obviously we have been looking through the brochures of house designs, the Addison 20 or the Encore 18. Can anyone please give me a price of either of these designs? I know the cove 20 a couple of years ago was 190. That’s all.

Cam asked on Feb 23, 2018

Answer this

Get independent advice and finance. I have a client who lost a $14,000 deposit. They won't even return his calls.

See all 51 questions about Homebuyers Centre Victoria