Homebuyers Centre Victoria is offering a $100 Kmart voucher to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

We are very happy with how our house turned out. Throughout the whole process we received excellent customer service.
At the beginning Ian from Clyde helped us find a titled piece of land and find the house we were hoping for.
He made a daunting decision easy.
Once we had started building Dwayne was more than helpful every step of the way and made sure we were 100 percent happy before handing us the keys.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your review Jason!
It's great to hear that Ian, Dwain and Casey helped you through the process and that you are 100% happy with your new home. We hope you enjoy it for many years to come!
- Homebuyers Centre Team

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

I wasn't planning on building a house...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I wasn't planning on building before I wondered into a Homebuyers Centre display home. However, within a week I had signed up to build my first home - a long dream come true.

Not only have the Homebuyers Centre made this often stressful process as easy as possible, but the entire team are approachable, friendly and communicative. I was never chasing phone calls or emails, no question was too stupid and I was never felt like I was just another number in a computer.

Yes, the land did take awhile to be released, but I knew this going into
it. And everything has gone according to the timeline I was given, I was kept updated and given curtesy calls just to see if I had any questions.

I couldn't be more thankful. I had lost a lot of hope after being rejected from my own bank twice for a home loan, but the Homebuyers Centre just made it happen for me. No one in my family or friends have built a house so I had no idea what to expect, but I didn't think it would be like this. Thank you to the entire team that I worked with!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your first home, Alysha! Isn't it funny what can happen in a Display Village?! We're so glad you decided to build and that you chose Homebuyers Centre. Thank you for sharing this... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Overall Good Experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

We are really happy with the workmanship and build quality; the build process was quick and easy and we are really happy with the finished result. We thought that things could have been managed a little bit better as we were often confused as new home owners and as a result we feel that some things were missed which we will now have to work out ourselves. Overall we are really happy with the experience and we love our brand new home, we're really enjoying living in it!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your review, @Peneloqueen! It's great to hear that overall, your experience with Homebuyers Centre was a good one. Please do get in contact with the team directly with any specific quest... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Good experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

So far the experience has been good. Great communication keeping us in loop with the weekly updates. Big Thankx to Ian (sales consultant) for finding me with a great block of land and a good house plan without your help we could not have started building our new home so quickly. Keep up the good work mate. So Looking forward to moving in our new home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your review Tharindu! It's so nice to hear that your home is being built promptly and that you are happy with the layout and service from your New Homes Consultant. We wish you all the b... read more »

As easy as hbc

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

As soon as we had signed up with Ian the process has been easy and stress free. Any questions I have had at every stage so far has been answered promptly. I am at the brickwork stage and could not be happier with the fast progress thus far, and the regular courtesy phone calls and emails from homebuyers gives me great confidence I chose the right builder. I could not be happier.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Love this tagline, Marcus! Thanks for your review.
It's lovely to know Ian was helpful and made the process of purchasing your home easy & stress free.
Please feel free to contact us if you need anything, as always.
- Homebuyers Centre Team

• 14 helpful votes
Private message

Can't wait to move in!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

This is my second Homebuyers build and I thought the first time was great. This time around things are even better! The customer service and support the whole way through has been amazing and nothing has been too much trouble. I'm currently at frame stage and so far the process from signing the contracts to now has been an absolute breeze. Cannot recommend Homebuyers enough!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

How exciting for you, @Mauzy86! It's great to hear your experience has been a breeze so far, we wish you all the best during the remainder of the build. Make sure you share you happy snaps with us ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Excellent knowledge and support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

House is not completed yet, but so far the quailty is exceptional. The fixture and fitting are not the cheapest or the most expensive but quailty is exceptional. The help i have recieve crom the start through to now is more than i was expecting. Knowledge of the land availablity in the area i was wanting to buy and build was informative. Helped me get the best price and avoid paying for things i would not use. The build process has be so quick and i get weekly updates on the progress. All in all i can not complain about anything.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for touching base Kazzy, we hope the weather holds up for your build so you can get in as soon as possible! It's great to hear that your experience so far has been great and you could the kn... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

So far so good, we are only at framing stage, but we are really pleased and happy so far.

Communication from everyone involved has been brilliant.. will definitely build again with homebuyers centre.

Ian was a fantastic help with the sale off our house, he was very informative and was always happy to help, at anytime off the day or night.
We really can't fault anything..
we are so excited to see the rest off the build and move into our home!
Thanks homebuyers centre!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your kind words @Kridda!
It's great that you are enjoying your experience with Homebuyers Centre, do get in contact at any time during the build should you have any questions at all. We're here to help.
- Homebuyers Centre Team

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

First home buyers, look no further.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Being my first home, I had no Idea or experience what to look for or mindful about, when building for the first time. Ian Ballas was extremely helpful in guiding me through. He not only helped me in buying, he educated me about all the Quarks and minute details one has to look for wile building. Was an amazing experience.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your glowing review, @Arindam!
Congratulations on your first home, it's great to hear Ian was helpful in coaching you through the process. All our best - Homebuyers Centre Team

Our first home

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

They were very patient with us as our land developer had delay after delay. Our build was quick with minimal delays. The final finish of the home was mediocre. Poor tradesmanship when it came to plastering and painting. We have encountered a few teething issues with our home after we moved in. Our site supervisor has been helpful in getting things fixed.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Tara, thank you for your review. We will continue to work with you on any questions you may have about your home, it's great to hear that your supervisor has been helpful and that the build was ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Love the house, minor hiccups.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

We rated Homebuyers Centre so highly from the get go right up until our final inspection. Nick from Tulliallan estate who set us up with the PWC and Stacey who did our colour appointment were both great. Email correspondence was fantastic leading up to the build, and any questions were answered promptly. The build process began quite quickly after land settlement which was great (we were first int he street to start), and everything was done in great time. The build took 17 weeks in total. Our client liaison officer Selen was great in terms of responding to emails and queries too.
In saying this, our site manager was great at his role from an admin perspective and getting everything done on time, but didn't have enough practical building knowledge. He didn't contact us at all during the build, and ignored the couple of texts we sent though to him. We raised a few issues (facade being wrong, tiles being wrong in the bathroom, crooked cupboards, wrong lighting positions etc) about a month before finishing up and he assured us they were all correct.

After a bit of battling, he admitted they were wrong but the tiles, lighting and cupboards were fixed AFTER the final inspection (4-5 weeks later). We were sure that our Duke facade was wrong, but had no pictures to compare it to besides the computerised version on the website. We were told it was correct so we believed it. However, a neighbour of ours is building the Vibe with the Duke Facade and his is correct.. meaning ours was definitely wrong even though we were assured it was right. We found that in our final inspection, the site manager was very adamant that things were 'supposed to be like that' even though that was not the case in any other homebuyers house, such as patching in the walls, antenna cables hanging out of the socket, the top of the valleys in the roof not being filled in, loose toilet unit, and crooked light switches. Its infuriating seeing houses go up in our street with a different site manager that have had everything the same done correctly. These were fixed in the end (besides the facade), but it took a look of pushing for it. Their was also a substantial amount of concrete that were still digging up two weeks later hidden underneath the soil!

The dumpster was also left outside for 2 weeks after the move which we had queried many times with no response.
Other than that, we're really happy with the build time, correspondence by those in head office, value for money, inclusions, the colour selection and floor plan from homebuyers. We would definitely build with homebuyers again, but know what to look out for next time. Thanks for the beautiful house homebuyers! The grove is an amazing floor plan.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your understanding & 4-star Review. We believe your Regional Construction Manager has now been in touch to discuss your experience further so we can improve moving forward. We hope you h... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

First Home Owner - VERY IMPRESSIVE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Happy first home Geoffrey! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. A new home (particularly your first!) is a very unique experience so it's great to hear that Selen, Mark and the team ... read more »

Easy 1st Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

We have just moved in to our Jasper 17 in Mernda this week. Our build started in February and we moved in at the end of June, everything went really smooth. I was expecting at least a few issues but honestly it everything went really well. We are very happy with he build quality and finish. The staff at HBC were great to deal with Jade in the office and our site managers Tim and Blake were always really helpful and kept us up to date with the build.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your first home, @Dunbar! The Jasper 17 is a great choice, we're so pleased you love the home. Your kind words about Jade, Tim, Blake and the team are much appreciated and we are... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Highly recommended!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Obviously being first home builders we were skeptical of quality, value for money and workmanship of the big builders but price is a major factor with smaller builders and the like.

Initially we were attracted to Homebuyers Centre for the value for money. Things you pay extra for with other companies are included with Homebuyers and this meant we could afford to upgrade other things. It soon became aparent that the quality and professionalism thru the process is what sets Homebuyers apart.

Just make sure before signing off plans that al
l things are in correct spots on your plans with regards to scale as you can't change after a certain point and be aware that things like carpet colours on larger scales look different but other than that what you see in display homes is the quality you will get and if you are happy with that you will be a happy homebuyer.

Thanks to Mel, Anna, Selen and our supervisor Adam who have made the whole process easier. Selen is so great answering all our questions (even the really obvious ones) and it felt Adam treated our home build like he would his own keeping my partner updated, answering questions and offering to help with questions even after sign off.
As a side note do your research prior and workout what you want and the process will be even smoother.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your review, Hickory! It's great to know that you would happily recommend Homebuyers Centre to your friends and that your experience with the team was positive. We hope you enjoy many ha... read more »

Would definitely recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

As this is my first property and I didn't know too much about the whole process. Home buyers centre made every thing very easy for me and I found the process easy. The house was built exactly how I wanted and every thing went very smoothly with no issues at all. And I always had someone reply to my call or email very promptly if I ever had a question. Would definitely recommend them to others.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on purchasing your first home, Bena! We're so happy you chose Homebuyers Centre and it's great to hear that you found the process easy and smooth. Do stay in touch and let us know i... read more »

Pleasant building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

I found dealing with HomeBuyersCentre to be hassle-free. The experience was pleasant and professional throughout all stages of the build.
The price was highly competitive and represented great value for money.
The build was of very high quality, with no issues identified.
Customer service throughout the build was always available and responded to my queries on short notice. The build manager kept the project on track and the client relationship manager was always willing to help with my queries. They guided me through the build very smoothly, and kept me informed throughout.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

@DCG thanks for your review. It's great to hear your home was built to a high quality and that your experience was hassle-free too. We hope you enjoy many happy memories in your Homebuyers Centre h... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Happy to be homebuyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

After having lived in our home for a couple of months now, we're very pleased to have built with homebuyers. When we saw the display home, we fell in love and Peter was a great salesman who gave us a factual, no pressure run down of what we would get building with HBC. He allowed us to come back after hours and sit down and have a meeting with him where he answered all our questions and made the process very clear. Everything moved very smoothly with HBC, we had our colour appointment which thanks to a friend referral meant we had a stylist to help us out with our colour choices and our appliance upgrades - this process was very detailed and really helped us to ensure our home was customised to what we wanted. Casey was great and kept us up to date with everything that was happening, and was great when we were overseas in ensuring we knew what was happening. She also was very helpful when I had a million questions for her. The customer service was second to none. When it came to the construction of the house - it was faster than we imagined! After waiting for land to title for over a year, the house construction flew by. The workmanship was of a really high quality, and that showed in the passing of the quality assurance and the high score it received - above average! After living in our home a few months, we noticed some minor issues with the heating so we sent an email to the warranty team and they had the heating company contact us pretty much immediately to organise someone to come out and fix it. Overall, we've been really please with Homebuyers and would recommend them to our friends!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Jess, thank you so much for leaving this review! We're happy you are homebuyers too. It's great to hear that Pete, Casey and the team gave you a great experience and helped you with all of your que... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Choosing HomebuyersCentre was a great decision!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

What a fantastic experience!

Every person in the team, every step of the way, was great to work with and made the whole process easy and enjoyable. Bethany, Casey and Andrew took the time to answer all of our questions along the way and made sure we understood what was happening at each stage. Even before we started Andrew King was super helpful and made the buying decision easy.

And the outcome, of course, is a beautiful new home! Every stage was delivered on time and to a high-quality, and it's a lovely home to live in. The extra stan
dard inclusions that Homebuyers Centre offer made a big difference!

Of all the decisions involved in the land purchase and new home, by far the best one was choosing Homebuyers Centre for the build! I would choose them again in a heartbeat and would recommend them to anyone who cares about quality, on time delivery, and the peace of mind that comes from builders you can trust.

Big thanks to you all!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your new home Anne! Thank you for your kind words, it's great to know that you had a fantastic experience and are pleased you chose Homebuyers Centre. We hope you enjoy many hap... read more »

Professional, Quality and Timely

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

If I could use three words to describe the overall experience with HBC, they would be 1.Professional, 2. Quality and 3.on-time.

HBC understands it can be overwhelming for first-home buyers, so they handle the entire journey so well that everything went so smoothly without any delay.

From new house appointment, pre-start appointment, pre-start building permit related application and documentations, invoicing, weekly updates of the entire pre-, during construction, final walkthrough and the key handover process, were well managed and ca
rried out with utmost professionalism and quality that every homebuyer should expect from a builder.
Pre-start Consultant, Client liaison coordinator and site managers would provide timely updates during the entire process so that I am always aware of the progress.

With many builders to choose from, I realised I made the right decision to go with HBC for my very first home when I contrasted my experience with stories from friends about their experiences with their builder, and observation of the building process around my estate at Armstrong Creek.

If you are willing to see beyond the marketing and designs smokescreens, it's the professionalism, on-time and quality build that rally matters at the end of the day. If you haven't made up your mind of who to go with? Do yourself a favour give HBC a go, you won't regret it.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks for your review, Ryan! It's great to hear that as a first homebuyer you recommend Homebuyers Centre, and that the process was smooth building your new home. We'd love to see how you're settl... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Promise ever kept in Time Frame and Quality.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Thank you home buyers centre for keeping the promise regarding Time Frame and Quality of the Products. Although we had a couple of issues regarding the working of locks and heater ducks, everything was fixed quickly. We had great customer service and an excellent Supervisor who helped us throughout the journey of House Construction. We just are loving staying in the house.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for taking the time to review Homebuyers Centre, Lakshmi Jayakumar. We love hearing that our customers are enjoying their new home - that is fantastic! We really appreciate your kind word... read more »

2 of 18 pages