Homebuyers Centre Victoria is offering a $100 Kmart voucher to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Amazing!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

I was very nervous to build my first house on my own after hearing so many people's horror stories with other builders but I am SO glad I ended up choosing HBC VIC to build my first house. I am so happy with the end result - I love my house! The construction was pretty much a breeze! The whole team I dealt with made the whole process from the start of buying my land and signing my bulding contract to the very end at handover easy and stress free! So glad I will be able to remember the build of my first house as a pleasant one! Zak Hardinge was my sales rep he was awesome! explained everything in details - any questions I had he was available to answer. Bethany Morrell was my pre start consultant and WOW what can I say? I have no words to explain the fantastic level of service I received from Beth over the year and a half from signing my building contract to my land title/construction, Regular updates, emails were responded to within 24 hours and they were answered perfectly and easy for me to understand! Selen Bagci my client liaison was also fantastic! weekly updates from start of construction to the very end and questions were answered within 24 hrs and easy to understand! Really went out of her way to assist which was much appreciated! Mark Rushworth my site supervisor was awesome! Any time I had a question he was available to answer. He explained everything in detail if there were any issues I had during the build he had them sorted straight away. The NHP by Mark was great and thorough.
A massive THANK YOU to the HBC VIC Team for the great experience I have had! I definitely recommend this company to anybody who is looking to build their house stress free and thorough! You won't regret it! :-)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your new home Zoe! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave such a detailed review. Congratulations on your very first home, be sure to stay in touch on ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Perfection the whole way throughin Habitat Tarneit

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

From start to finish the process was so easy, the house is everything we wanted
Our site manager Alphie was incredible, always available and really helpful. Nikita our client liaison was totally on the ball any question I threw at her was answered almost immediately.
The standard fittings is what sold us initially but the service and finishing of the property is what will make us build again

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your review Lauren! It's so fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the whole experience building your Homebuyers Centre home. It's so good to know that our service and the finish of the h... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2015

Homebuyers Experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Unfortunately when my keys were handed over my home was not complete, fortunately for me Dee was brilliant helping me contact suppliers and organising trades to get things to standard in my home! She has been great with follow ups, very quick to respond. Dee along with James, Have been great to deal with in regards to 12 month check ups and warranties.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Jodie, thanks so much for taking the time to review our service - it's great to hear that Dee was able to assist with final items after you picked up your keys. We hope you enjoy many more year... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Happy first time home owners

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

Our site supervisor Peter jones was great as was Craig constant updates. Answered all questions promptly.
The only let down was the paint work being very thin and paint peeling from garage walls. This has been attended to.
Besides the paint and some plaster work everything else has been good.
Would recommend better painters as current ones are not very good.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on buying your first property, Moggie! It's fantastic to read that Craig and Peter were in constant contact with you as the build progressed - we'll certainly pass this onto the tea... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Fabulous Customer Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Receiving the keys to our brand new townhouse this week was a very exciting event!
We look back on the building process with happiness and gratitude. The service we received from our site manager Kyle, was nothing short of perfect. He kept us informed and at all times and we knew that everything was being managed perfectly. Kyle replied to all our messages quickly and solved every issue without question.

Craig Atwell was also a marvellous client liaison
co-ordinatior. He answered all our questions thoroughly. Craig provided us with timely and accurate weekly updates via email. He also called us with information we needed at every stage.

Our building experience was certainly a very pleasant experience. Thankyou!!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your lovely review, Di. Congratulations on your new home - it's fantastic to hear that we made the experience enjoyable for you. We hope you enjoy many happy memories in your new home... read more »

Melbojrne

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

The most horrible experience!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Building with homebuyers has been a terrible nightmare. We were shattered as our dream and excitement for our first home was ruined! Our consultants changed thrice and had no ABSOLUTE communication with each other. Every time we selected something, they'd get back to us saying it's not available anymore. We had to keep going back for colour selection. We selected shades of brown for exterior and they painted our house blue, grey and red and when I asked them to change it as per my agenda they kept telling me I was exaggerating. They misplaced o ur variation sheet and didn't give us the upgrades we paid for. On the day of handover, they called me into the office and advised house is complete and good to go, I walked into our brand new house with NO APPLIANCES! Our house didn't have a gas stove, chimney, oven or HOT water system. We called them and no one returned our calls. We had to rent out a place to live in for 2 weeks and there were no apologies. We had to eat out everyday and homebuyers made me take another day off to come in and put the appliances. It's been a very stressful experience and we are highly disappointed. I emailed homebuyers and it's been more than a fortnight but no one has even replied! Would never recommend them to anyone. please build with anyone else but them. They'll give you the most ridiculous experience ever!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Aisha, We believe that your concerns have been addressed by your Construction Manager now, and are pleased to hear that you are happy with the quality of your home. Feel free to get back in t... read more »

Still talking but not resolved. VCAT advised us we need to be compensated- homebuyers declined! Rob said they can give us an upgrade-what I ask for cannot be done. Thanks but no thanks homebuyers. ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Selected review Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

A perfect fit for a first home buyer!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I will be breaking down the review in 5 parts because I don't believe every stage should impact the overall experience when building with Homebuyers.
This is a lengthy post but buying a home and especially your first first home is a milestone step so I want to share our experience in order to help others make the right decision.

1. DISPLAY 8/10
Instantaneously the displays feel like home. The styling is what you expect to give you the "this could be your home" feeling. For our small 10.5m wide block homebuyers had the BEST floor plan for
utilising space but giving you a big home feel. A walk in pantry, bedrooms that didn't go off the main hall and a second living space were all musts for me!!
The only downside is that homebuyers doesn't have any displays showing there smaller homes but it's definitely not a deal breaker. Visiting a display with a tape measure and a bit of imagination gives you a feel for the size home you're after. Consultants are friendly and not pushy. Homebuyers was the very first display we looked at then viewed a hundred more before deciding to build with home buyers.

2. PURCHASING 10/10
Our sales consultant was Gene. He was brilliant in answering all my first home newbie questions. Going through everything in such detail. Showing us floor plan after floor plan then editing that floor plan to add the things we wanted. He also didn't push anything on us everything wasn't a "you must go through homebuyers for this" and honestly it was a breath of fresh air.

3. PRESTART/COLOUR CONSULTATION 20/30
I will not name people here as I don't believe it's the individual and more the overall process set by homebuyers that lets this section down. The prestart has a lot of information, countless things to decide on with multiple options. A FEW HOURS IS NOT ENOUGH!! I had a general idea of the feel of my home but I was not prepared for the smack in the face options. After we finished we went home, talked, and realised we wanted two changes. Upgrade the toilets and choose a different front door. That night I emailed our consultant and was told the next morning no changes can be made. I was gutted. Their definitely should be at least a 48 hour "cooling off period." I even called the supplier and they couldn't understand why a simple change couldn't be made. I hate our front door, we love our home but the front door is yeh first to go! Also keep in mind the photos are computer generated so the facade is not as the photo. Our white gutters and door are actually grey.

4. BUILDING 30/30
Dwain was our supervisor. He built our home like it was his own. He introduced himself, updated us frequently and returned calls by the latest next day. He met with us many times during the build. I have never in my life met a team of builders who not only complete things by the due date but BEFORE. Also Dwain had the cleaners do such a thorough clean that I couldn't find a speck of dust.

5. BUILDING COORDINATOR 20/20
Casey was our building coordinator. Casey's service was exceptional. She updated us regularly and was there to answer any of our questions. Even though we didn't meet Casey until the end she was very prompt and personal with her communication.

Overall homebuyers definitely lives up to its motto of the first home choice builder. Everyone along our journey was wonderful. From visiting that first display, to helping us find the best mortgage provider to handover they truly can't be beat. In all honestly my only advice is for homebuyers to improve their prestart consultation stage and to offer free standing bath tubs!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

WOW - Michael this review is so helpful for us and future homebuyers! It's great to hear that Gene, Dwain, Casey & the team were great to work with and that you are happy with your home. We will ce... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Any builder can build a house from the plans, homebuyers build an incredible home!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

The entire homebuyers process has been incredible from start to finish! We have felt fully comfortable in the hands of homebuyers and their team. It took us a number of years to find a builder we were able to trust and after meeting Gene in The sales office, we knew we were off to a great start! Our site manager Phil has been more than incredible and made us feel like he was building his own home along with excellent communication from Casey in the office, we could not fault the experience of building with homebuyers, this was our first home and we will recommend them to everyone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your review Jenna, we are thrilled to read you're loving your HOME. It's so important to us that you feel this way and that the tea were helpful along the way! Feel free to get in tou... read more »

Dream came true..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

we are very happy with the workmanship and quality of the products with the house. The staff are very friendly. We want to call out Bethany, Nikita and also Fadi (my site supervisor) who have been helping us throughout the journey. It has been a long journey for us with this house (pending for land title for almost 2 years) but Bethany had been awesome to always keep in touch with us. Throughout the construction process, Fadi also had been amazing and supportive as always, quick to answer questions and always happy to help, explain or get somet hing fixed!! He is a hard working guy and he always deliver what he says he will. To cut the story short, this has been a long and great journey. Slow start at the beginning but after Fadi took over the work, everything started to pick up. Now we are the proud owner of this beautiful home. Thank you to all who have had a part in the process and for making our build experience such a dream.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on building your dream home, Edward! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it's great to hear that you were happy you chose Homebuyers Centre to build your home - and that... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Great throughout the build, but not as great following completion and handover..

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Although there were a few hiccups and issues throughout the build, homebuyers were always great at responding and fixing the problem, however once handover was completed I feel they got lazy in terms of fixing issues. We had one particular trade come in for the rangehood who did a terrible job (can see burn marks from the angle grinder the whole way around) and even though we were told it would be replaced, we still haven't heard back weeks on. Other than this, homebuyers have been pleasant and did a great job. Our site supervisor was also amazing, so quick to answer questions and always happy to help, explain or get something fixed!!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Malorie, we thank you for your honest feedback and taking the time to review Homebuyers Centre. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the construction experience - we'll send you a private message ... read more »

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Great! Fast build and very well done!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

We originally picked Homebuyers because the sales rep took the time to walk us through the process.
There had been a three year delay between us signing up and the actual estate titling (not builders fault at all!) so by the time the land titled the house we'd picked had actually become obsolete however they were perfectly happy checking with their team to see if we could still have the same house, which for an extra few grand we were. Yay!
Once they started to build it went up quickly. We had independent inspectors at slab, frame, lockup a
nd final stages and each time the inspector mentioned the quality of the build.
The site managers were all excellent and fine with me dropping in weekly or so to take photos for the album.
Our consultants from the office were great, with weekly updates on how things were going, and very fast at getting back to us if we had questions.
We've got friends building later this year and have recommended Homebuyers to them.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your kind words Amanda, and recommending Homebuyers Centre to your friends. That is the ultimate compliment for us! It's great to hear that you enjoyed working with the Sales team rig... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Perfectly designed dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

I am very pleased with the workmanship and quality of the products Homebuyers Center have used.The staff are very friendly and provided excellent services. I like the design and appreciate the Architect accommodated my request to include Prayer room in the home design which is really fantastic. Overall i am happy with the design, quality and workmanship. Homebuyers have finished the construction on time and built a beautiful quality home within four months if really amazing. All my family and friends appreciated the design and quality of the building. Now I am the proud owner of this beautiful home. I strongly recommend 'Homebuyers ' to my family and friends who are building their first homes.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you so much for your review, Saroja! It's fantastic to hear that you loved our home design and the building process with our team. Thank you for your kind words, it's great that you would rec... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Friendly Staff & Great Home!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your first ever build Leah! Thank you for choosing Homebuyers Centre. It's so great to hear that you found Homebuyers Centre staff wonderful to deal with, that means the world to... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Amazing house and customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

The house was built to my highest expectations. I am very pleased with the customer service at all stages. They contacted me every time something was done which was perfect. They let me view anytime i asked and they were very easy to get in contact with. Very fast response if they missed a call or email. The building supervisors for the different stages where always informative of what was happening that week. Overall fantastic. I will definitely build with Homebuyers Centre again. Also Chris Lundie was the best salesman that i could have hoped for.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your 5-star review Jacob! Congratulations on your new home, it's fantastic to hear that you are happy with your new home and that the team met your expectations during the process too... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

New Home - Value for Money!!!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

We chose a simple design with a few upgrades and are happy with the final product. The staff at HBC throughout the project was great. They are helpful and courteous.

A BIG thank you to Gene Bourne, Anna Boyd, Casey Ward and Mark Natoli for assisting us throughout the project. All of them kept us informed of the respective phase and was very prompt addressing any concerns we had right throughout. Also helped us overcome any obstacle we had along the way.

However it is very unfortunate to have our garage door collapse in the first week of o
ccupancy and the turn-around time was disappointing considering the nature of the issue. Time will further confirm the quality of the house and fittings, which we expect to be in accordance with what HBC stands for and their promise. Further, I hope the after sale service will be as good as the pre-sale and the caliber of staff will be consistent at HBC.

Despite that one issue so far, we are very happy with choosing HomeBuyer Centre for our first home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you so much for your review, @Shon D! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our team, particularly during sales, pre-start and the build. We appreciate all of your feedb... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Amazing staff and excellent quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

These guys!! Couldnt rate these guys highly enough! From the constant communication to the breeze of building they have made our first build an absolute pleasure! With no hold ups on site, each step was an exciting progression with something always happening. The quality of our build exceeded our expectations and we are thrilled to have just recieved our keys. Thank you for making our building experience amazing!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your first build Ebony! We really appreciate you taking the time to review Homebuyers Centre. It's great to hear you were in constant communication and that you were also happy w... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Excellent- Would definately recommend!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I am just about to move into my new home built by Homebuyers Centre, and I could not be happier!
From the very beginning, meeting Tom Hislop at the display home within Williams Landing. Who was extremely helpful and friendly, answering all of my many questions
Following through with Stacey Hehir, who carefully guided me through all of the contracts and was extremely patient with me as I selected my colour schemes
Aaron (apologies I do not know his last name) was then my Stage 1 sight manager, who without fail would call me at least weekly
to keep me up to date with everything that had been completed or scheduled to commence, greatly appreciated!
And Michael (also did not catch surname, sorry) being my Stage 2 sight manager, always available to answer my many questions and always found solutions/resolved any aspects I was not completely happy with. Even going above and beyond to meet me at my new home early in the morning to arrange a few items with the electrician. I later found out he does not live locally at all! Greatly appreciated!!
And lastly as I mentioned, I am just about to pick up my keys with Craig Atwell, who no doubt will show the same level of professionalism and helpfulness I have found the rest of the team at Homebuyers Centre to have.
If you happen to be able to meet any of the people I have mentioned, be assured you are in great hands and they will be able to help and assist you through the whole build process!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Heather, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this 5-star review. We are delighted that your Homebuyers Centre home has brought such happiness to you. Your kind words about Tom, Stacey, A... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2015

Good experience but felt bit upset at the end

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

The experience was really good start from sales agent till handover. I would recommend my friends to go with homebuyers and also our site manager was very prompt in reply. Customer support team was very cooperative, workmanship and quality was all very impressive. I really liked all the material used in the house meet my satisfaction level. Even after one year service was great.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your review Harsheen, it's great to her you were happy with the service you received.
all our best - Homebuyers Centre Team

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2014

The Perfect New Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

The HombuyersCentre had built a quality home for me, providing me with great customer service. I am personally happy with the supervisor who had looked after the process of building my home from the beginning to the very end. At the final inspection, he had proudly presented me with a well-made beautiful home. I would recommend HomebyersCentre to every new home owners.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congratulations on your new home, Pernima!
It's so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your home building experience with Homebuyers Centre. We hope you enjoy many happy memories there!
All our best.
- Homebuyers Centre Team

Complete build process...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

From finance to handover, Homebuyer Centre Victoria provided a complete process. I found the builder courteous and responsive to any questions that I had asked . Any necessary fixes were done promptly . I used a building inspector for peace of mind which picked up any issues that required prompt action, I found them to be very Thorough to which the builder actioned in a timely matter. If I had any questions the responses were returned promptly . Even though I was under pressure the customer service by the builder was paramount . The only inst ant I was annoyed about the response the answer that was given to me in relation to one particular item that wasn't completed and thus was verbally advised it was completed however the building inspector picked up on it and I was annoyed at that . However this was rectified prior to handover.
Overall the start to end process was complete and I recommend them to others who wish to have an easy process in building their home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you so much for your 4-star review, @wolfed! It's great to hear that all of your questions were answered before handover and that you were pleased with the level of customer service. We hope ... read more »

4 of 18 pages