West Ryde, NSW

Verified Purchase

Compact Microwave at a Good Price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

I just bought the Home & Co 20 liter microwave oven from K-mart. It was a replacement for an almost identical but several years old version. The oven is small enough to fit on the limited bench space I have yet functions very well. It has a host of built in functions and timers that I will probably never use. It was easy to set up and worked like a dream straight out of the box. The dimensions inside are enough for a one or two person household but don't expect to cook a turkey or ham in it as it is only 20 liter capacity. For the measly sum of $48 I think if it lasts the few years its predecessor did then I will be happy.
Only real negative is that the door catch seems a bit flimsy, and this was actually where the previous one failed.

canberra

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

excellent microwave for that price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

i am using this from last 9 months and very satisfied so far. excellent working capacity . very happy with the microwave as it takes small area of my kitchen bench and still works like anything. easy to clean and use less energy which helps in saving of bills too.

PAYNEHAM, SA

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Worked okay; broke before 12 months.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

This microwave worked okay when we had it. It is much smaller than you would expect, and only fits one standard size dinner plate in it, wall to wall. Unfortunately, about six months in it just stopped working one day. I would always find that when something was defrosted in the microwave, the steam would somehow get caught in the inside top of it and so within twenty minutes of defrosting food, water would be dripping out the top of the microwave on the plate. It was always wet inside no matter how many times a day I dried it.

It heats food evenly and fast. It has a good array of options for settings, and would do really well for a single person household, an office, or spare microwave in the shed. Probably not big enough for a family.

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Cooks and Heats Well and Not Noisy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

It does the good job for heating something from your fridge or cooking a dish. It does have a number of set programs to use and I like the most - the feature of setting a time manually that is easy to use that helps to save on bill. It is not noisy. It is simple, decent and strong.

MURRUMBA DOWNS

• 1 question
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Love this microwave!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Very satisfied with the cooking results of our microwave, Easy to use and easy to clean.
The settings and features easy to use and understand and heat is true to instruction use.
The microwave is rather silent but the finished alarm is loud enough to hear when it has finished the cooking cycle.
This microwave is well made and sturdy for the price I paid.
I am exceptionally happy with this produce after a year's service!

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Warms up food really well.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I opted for this microwave due to its size and price of course. It doesn't occupy too much space which is perfect for our small kitchen, but it can definitely fit large dishes. Warms up food in a minute but I tend to do it longer as I prefer my food steaming hot. Defrosting features are also good cause it actually defrosts the meat not cook as compared to other microwaves I've used before. Definitely a good value for money.

Port Pirie

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Does the job... kinda

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

i was given the microwave as a gift.
It does an ok job but it takes a lot longer to do things like defrost or reheat than other microwaves i've used.
the thing that will always drive me crazy about any appliance is the beeping. This one beeps really loudly every time you push a button. Very irritating

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Good Cheap item

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

I bought this one cause I rarely use microwave however as a necessity, I bought one for face value just in case I have friends visiting. Small and compact in size (20L). I used it for cake in mug. the result was great. Also for reheating leftover. It has small screen for timing indicator which also display clock. I would say for infrequent users, this is just PERFECT.

Central coast, NSW

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

I got this microwave when I moved out of home and just needed a little one, it is great and easy to use it has quick setting where you just press the number 2 and it automatically cooks for 2 minutes for example and it has the defrost setting which is always helpful great microwave for a great price

Australia

Cheap and Reliable.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

Pros:
- Cheap
- Small (Perfect for student)
- Multiple functions (cook large potatoes well)
- Made many dishes with this one
- Temperature/Power settings are accurate
- Cheap

Cons:
- Small (Can't microwave large plates)
- Condensation may form inside if it's too hot, water droplets may leak out from the microwave
- The roller inside the microwave is not sturdy (require adjustment from time to time)

Conclusion: It's alright considering the price..

Adelaide

• 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

This microwave oven is ok it is very simple to use it makes a bit of a noise .it is perfect for microwave meals and heater food up in .I use mine everyday . It is easy to keep clean .it was a great price .and would buy another one . good microwave

Bundaberg

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great basic machine.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

Just the right size, right price. It could have had a couple of more colour choices. Very easy to use. Time and temperature are accurate. It fits right on the benchtop and is easy to clean. It has some easy to use auto features like time or weight defrost. I love it.

Brisbane

Date Purchased: May 2017

Decent product. Decent price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

This microwave from KMart is a decent product.
For the price it is well built and has all the features of a microwave triple the price found elsewhere. The settings are easy to understand (my children use it with ease).
It's easy to clean too which is always a bonus..

shepparton

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Good things come i small packages

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Moved house n needed to down size. So i bought the 20lt home maker microwave from kmart $50. Its small cute n dont take up much bench space. It so covenant. I would recomend this microwave to anyone looking to downsize. Works just aswell as anyother microwave. So yep 20lt homemaker microwave from kmart is an awsum buy. Go buy one.

Sinagra, WA

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Get what you pay for

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Found this microwave worked well for a while then began to cook from the outside in so tend to have cold food in the middle
Poor ventilation a lot of moisture build up with every use
Loud to open and close door
Would not recommend poor value but expected with price I suppose
Will definitely fork out the money for a decent microwave in future

Adelaide

Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Given as a gift

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

I got given this as a gift, it's a decent unit but I would have preferred something bigger. Features are good enough and it worked well giving good results, with easy enough to understand settings for use.
It's no louder than any other microwave and seemed well made for someone who has limited space

Wanneroo

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Very good price for an everyday microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Have used the microwave from Kmart about 5 times and there has been no problem. Am happy with this microwave. It is small, price was cheap and it also has a 12 month warranty. Very easy to use too. Not complicated like some other microwaves I have used in the past.

ACT

It's a Microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

For the price of this microwave, I can't complain at all. I had low expectations at the outset and I have not had any real problems.

We really only use the basic timer function and we've noticed we need to add on another 30 seconds or so to recommended microwaving times and everything has been heated as expected. Not a problem at all.

The door is hard and loud when closing. Often the whole microwave will slide into the shelf when closing it but that's about as negative as it gets.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Good price and reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Very satisfied with my microwave. Cooks well heats well and defrosts well. It doesn't heat stuff quickly, given its power. But given the price range, you can't really ask much. It is a bit noisy and the functions are a bit hard to understand, but you will get used to it.

• 6 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Excellent price, works well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Have had no issues with my microwave whatsoever. Good to know if anything does happen to it Kmart have a good return policy. Cooks all my food well, potatos come out nice and soft in the middle within 5 minutes.. Most other reheats only take 2 Max. Fits the space in my cupboard and for the price you can't beat it!

1 of 2 pages