Sydney

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Stopped working after a couple of weeks!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

This steam mop stopped working after I only used it twice. I was only cleaning the kitchen and two average sized bathrooms, so it wasn't from overuse. Was very impressed with it up to that point but I won't be getting the same one as a replacement, they don't seem very durable. What a disappointment!

Delacombe

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great little mop for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

I previously had a much more expensive steam mop which was heavy and didn't get used as often as it should have been. When it died I checked Choice magazine's recommendations and the Kmart Homemaker mop was third on the list so decided to give it a go. It is light to use, and easy to manoeuvre, takes about a minute to heat up and does a great job of cleaning. The removable microfibre pad is easy to attach and remove and very easy to clean. It does feel a bit flimsy but I have used it since March 2017 and haven't had any trouble with it. I have quite a large area to mop and I only need to fill the tank once but is really easy to fill when needed. For $45.00 it is great value for money.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Excellent value!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Having bought a number of high priced stem mops over the years, and generally being far from satisfied, I decided to try the budget priced STM-501 reasoning that at the price I could not go far wrong!
It has turned out an excellent choice!
It is light, with a quick warm up and an excellent volume of steam. Although the water container is on the small side it is easy to refill if necessary.
An excellent product at a budget price!

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

This is the first steam mop I've bought but gee it's good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

I can only use one arm (car accident in1979). This mop is fantastic compaired to a normal one. 45 bucks? Too easy. Only got it yesterday. Only thing is that it takes the shine off the floor. But that's ok. It's light and if running out of water you can fill it up as you go.
A good buy I think.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Awesome Steam Mop!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

It is an awesome steam mop, I didn't have to break the bank as it costs only $45 and cleans like a dream. I like the fact that it heats up quickly and cleans efficiently, I didn't notice any stains or water spillage from this mop. One filled water tank took care of cleaning my hall and the kitchen floor. I agree it is slightly difficult to maneuver this mop with only the pad as it doesn't have wheels like a vacuum cleaner but the good part is that it isn't heavy so I am able to move it around easily.

Victoria

Help!!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Hi ,I would like to know when using the mop on wooden floors do you take the white cover off .
The pad doesn't seem to touch the floor if left on .
When using in wooden floors I feel it scratches .
I think I might be using it wrong

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

Great steam mop for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Bought this steam mop from Kmart but I wasn't too sure how would it fare. It is a great steam mop for the price. Heats up in 30 seconds and cleans effortlessly. The handle is long which means I don't have to bend while cleaning and it is not too heavy either. It did take the stains off the floor quite easily, the only slight issue I faced was moving it around on the marble floor as it was slightly difficult but overall I am happy with the cleaning. It cleans the entire room without refilling the tank but I do have to refill it for the second room.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

What a great Budget Steam Mop, better than my $400 Steam Mop
Need to fill the tank quite regularly
Head is a bit small but it does a great Job, no water left on the Floors and steams up very quick
Highly Recommend, Light and not a back breaker, $45 well spent.

Works very well and Value for Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Was recommended by 'Choice'. Very cheap so I had my doubts but it has been excellent. I have lots of pale tiled floors. Gets in the corners and edges, heats up quickly, and doesn't leave wet floors. It's also very light and easy to use. The expensive Wertheim that I previously owned was none of these things.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Can't go wrong!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

Purchased this mop when my Kenwood steam mop finally died. Have used it twice so far. Feels flimsy & a bit like a toy in comparison but makes it effortless to move around & does a great job! Definitely as good as the old one. Down side is I have a huge area to mop, approx 110 sqm, so have to fill the tank up 4 to 5 times but it produces oodles of steam! Dries quickly. The mop head is a bit small but that has allowed me to access smaller spots. For the price you can't go wrong!

• 2 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Great product for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

We purchased this product as it was recommended by choice magazine and the price $45.00. The performance is quite good. The only down side is that the instructions say not to use an electrical extension cord as the unit looses some power with the extra cord length otherwise the unit performs very well.

• 4 answers

Value for money.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

I bought this steam after trying one I bought at a garage sale. The first thing I noticed was that the base area used for cleaning once it had been assembled wasn't very big and didn't cover large amounts of flooring. However it works well and is light and easy to use. I think it's value for money.

Purchased at: Big W

Cobbitty

Private message

Easy to use and affordable.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

The Kmart Homemaker Steam Mop is a very good quality steam mop that cleans hard surfaces efficiently with continuous steam. It's easy to operate and comes with two Velcro fastened microfibre mop heads that can be easily washed in the washing machine. The price is less than $50.00 and comes with a one year warranty. What more could you ask for.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 20 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

What a great little mop!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

Definitely don't regret going with the cheap option this time. This is a great little steam mop. It's light and easy to move around. The pads are machine washable which is very convenient. The water tank is a little small, it requires filling up after 2 or 3 rooms, but that's not a problem for me as I live in an apartment. It's easy to fill with water and it heats up very quickly, so it's a good tradeoff. It does especially great on my carpet, as well. It seems to pick up all the hair that the vacuum misses, without soaking it through. My only criticism is the cord is a little short. But overall, very pleased with my purchase.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Value for money!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

No frills steam mop but does the job. Light weight and easy to maneuver. Floors dry in no time. You do need to refill tank a few times if you need to do a few rooms but that's no hassle as you can refill while still running. You can throw the dirty pads in the washing machine & re-use for next time. Value for money! Very happy with purchase.

• 2 helpful votes

Impressed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

Just purchased it a couple of weeks ago. Very happy. It's effective, easy to use. Small tank, but easily filled to continue using it if you have a larger job. Does a pretty good job in corners and around edges too! The pad is super easy to clean, just hand wash in a couple of minutes. Overall, amazing and well priced product.

sydney

• 4 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Excellent performance and value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

Had a Haan steam mop which was very good but far to cumbersome for a small person like me. Then bought a Wertheim which lasted two uses, replaced under warranty and then replacement failed, so given up. Researching new mop had decided on one and then saw the Choice review which placed the Kmart one number 2. Bought it at $45, what could I lose? The water tank holds at least as much as the others I had, and it heats up much quicker. It is so easy to lift and manoeuvre. It has an off/on switch on the appliance itself, which Wertheim did not. It is excellent and if it only lasts the 12 months, I will happily buy a replacement. At the same time I bought a hand-held steamer, with attachments, also from Kmart at $25. This, too, is excellent.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Handy little mop

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

I just purchased it and used for first time. It's a great basic mop. I love that you can see the water level so don't have to guess how much water is in the tank like my old Kenwood. It's a bit small, but lightweight. The tank is a bit small, I had to refill a couple of times but very easy to do, and heats up quickly (another advantage over the Kenwood). I like that the head is flat so it can get underneath small spaces. The cord is a bit short, had to attach an extension lead. It does feel a bit cheaply made so hoping it lasts longer than the basic 1 year warranty period. Improvements could be: longer cord, bigger water tank. Overall I'm very happy with it...much more user-friendly than my Kenwood was, and for $45, great value for money.

Hamilton (Qld)

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

CHEAPEST STEAM MOP BUT WORKS WELL

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

I searched Internet for steam mop reviews, and as last resort thought about KMart.
At $45 thought, it was worth a try. This mop heats up instantly and works really well.
It stores compactly, as handle comes out.
I have been really impressed with KMart's value for money, and quality lately.

• 3 answers

Great little machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

I've just replaced an expensive, well known brand steam mop with this little wonder and I'm so happy. I no longer have to fight with my steam mop, this one is light, extremely efficient and leaves my tiled floors sparkling and streak free! It's so easy to use, fast to heat-up and easily stored. The pads are easily removed for washing and new ones are inexpensive to buy. Don't hesitate, try it for yourself - you'll love it!

1 of 2 pages