Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Does the job

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Short cord, so need a extension cord. Does the job for a steam mop at half the cost. Compact and easy to use. Doesn't have a big tank, so have to refill often. Only issue is that you can only use it on tiles. Mop heads are cheap to replace.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

It is a must have

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

It works well.
I did refill without waiting to be cold and sound right so don't worry about the water tank size.
Reasonable cable length.
It comes with spare pad and they can be washed easily.
It looks to have cheap quality but it really works well. It leaves the floor a bit wet but it happens for most of the expensive one as well. For a well known brand you have to pay maybe 10 times but they will not have more that 3 years warranty. So even if it stop working after one year warranty you can buy another one and another one :-)

Murgon

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Cheap item that exceeds most other steam mops.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

I've had mine for 6 months now. This review is after quite a bit of use, as our tiled area is about 100 square meters and gets steam cleaned every fortnight. It only gets 4 stars as I have been spoilt by one that is no longer available. This steam mop is easy to manoeuvre, quick heating, and much better value than those that are 2 and 3 times the price. I recommend this item for its easy set up and efficiency in cleaning.

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Best steam mop ever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

I might just have to buy another one to have on hand in case they ever stop making them!! It does a wonderful job and dries very quickly. Easy to fill, reheats quickly after refilling, light, washable pad that goes in the washing machine. Highly recommended by Choice so that influenced my decision. The best steam mop I have ever used.

• 3 helpful votes

Literally changed my life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I purchased the steam mop from Kmart as part of my birthday present last year. When I got home and decided to steam the tiles and carpets in my house thinking this was just another mop I was sorely mistaken! This steam mop has changed my life, I literally love it!! Gets off stubborn dirt, leaves the tiles super clean and white, carpets come up fresh and look amazing!! It’s lightweight, easy to use and fill, and it does the job. I’ve even used it on the couch and just to clean really whatever I can with it..I wish the water tank was a little bigger so I could just steam all day no refilling but otherwise Kmart can do no wrong and this mop is proof!!! I hope it works forever

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

A Quality Product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

It's light, easy to maneuver and the floor dries fast. I have just moved into a lovely apartment with shiny tiles that I was scared I wasn't going to be able to keep clean. Now I know I can. :) Have used it a few times now - it's excellent!!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great clean for small price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

Bought this on recommendation from a friend; and glad I did. Great cleaning on my tiled floors. Easy to set up and use. Water reservoir lasts a good amount of time. Floor is not too wet and dries quickly. Great for around the toilet if you have boys!! Very satisfying to use. Great buy for a small price.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Perfect ! Value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Wanted to buy a bigger steam mop expensive one then thought of trying my hands on the inexpensive one so got this .. touch wood this one works wonders ! No need to buy expensive ones this does all the job easy ! would highly recommend this product ! :)

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Awesome steam mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

A simple product but does a good job at steam mopping and sterilizing floors. It comes with a little measuring cup with a spout to make it easy to fill up and the extra mop pad is also handy. Fairly quick to heat up and the long cord makes it easy to use from a distance.

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Found some good reviews for this steam mop so decided to buy and try. What a find! It may appear flimsy but wow does it do the job - better than our larger more expensive one so our old mops have been replaced by this light weight steamer that kills germs and the floors are dry so much faster

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Seriously good steam mop for $45!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Great in all ways - simple, light, cleans well, floor dries quickly, good cord (but I add an extension so I can cover huge area). Can't fault. I'm supposed to write a minimum of fifty words apparently but what more can I say about a great little steam mop ??

Auckland

• 6 questions
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

It is really okay

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

Purchased only two days ago. Used once on small area but found it left the floor very wet and I used a dry spin mop head to absorb the water. The tank used most of the water on this small area approx 3 x 2.5 metres
Oops! I think I may have been too enthusiastic about cleaning the floor and went over each part too slowly leaving floor very wet. Tried it again today ....no trouble and it dried quickly.

Scratched wooden floors

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I was really excited to get this mop Home to clean my wooden floors, but the plastic on the bottom has left scratchea all over the floors. I thought it was ok to use the mop on wooden floors - am I mistaken or is there something I’m doing wrong?

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great but used wrong solution

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I was really satistied with this steam mop I had purchased the one before it and it was terrible they definitley fixed the mistakes with this one. Its easy dry and quick to clean. BUT i made the mistake of using a solution and i think it could be blocked. Any help unblocking it would be great!

adelaide

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

simple but effective steam mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

I am very happy with my purchase of this inexpensive mop after reading all the reviews. Provides lots of steam and cleans the floors dry! Compared to other expensive steam mops I've purchased in the past, this little wonder beats them all. I would definitely recommend others looking for a good steam mop to consider this one.

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Stopped working after a couple of weeks!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

This steam mop stopped working after I only used it twice. I was only cleaning the kitchen and two average sized bathrooms, so it wasn't from overuse. Was very impressed with it up to that point but I won't be getting the same one as a replacement, they don't seem very durable. What a disappointment!

Delacombe

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great little mop for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

I previously had a much more expensive steam mop which was heavy and didn't get used as often as it should have been. When it died I checked Choice magazine's recommendations and the Kmart Homemaker mop was third on the list so decided to give it a go. It is light to use, and easy to manoeuvre, takes about a minute to heat up and does a great job of cleaning. The removable microfibre pad is easy to attach and remove and very easy to clean. It does feel a bit flimsy but I have used it since March 2017 and haven't had any trouble with it. I have quite a large area to mop and I only need to fill the tank once but is really easy to fill when needed. For $45.00 it is great value for money.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Excellent value!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Having bought a number of high priced stem mops over the years, and generally being far from satisfied, I decided to try the budget priced STM-501 reasoning that at the price I could not go far wrong!
It has turned out an excellent choice!
It is light, with a quick warm up and an excellent volume of steam. Although the water container is on the small side it is easy to refill if necessary.
An excellent product at a budget price!

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

This is the first steam mop I've bought but gee it's good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

I can only use one arm (car accident in1979). This mop is fantastic compaired to a normal one. 45 bucks? Too easy. Only got it yesterday. Only thing is that it takes the shine off the floor. But that's ok. It's light and if running out of water you can fill it up as you go.
A good buy I think.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Awesome Steam Mop!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

It is an awesome steam mop, I didn't have to break the bank as it costs only $45 and cleans like a dream. I like the fact that it heats up quickly and cleans efficiently, I didn't notice any stains or water spillage from this mop. One filled water tank took care of cleaning my hall and the kitchen floor. I agree it is slightly difficult to maneuver this mop with only the pad as it doesn't have wheels like a vacuum cleaner but the good part is that it isn't heavy so I am able to move it around easily.

1 of 3 pages

Have just bought this steam mop but it doesn't swivel at the bottom of the handle i.e. it stays upright. It seems to be assembled incorrectly. Has anyone else had this problem please?

Biko asked on Feb 13, 2018

Answer this

Don't worry, the handle locks in the stand alone position, good for storage. How to change the position? Easy! Secure the base with your foot and pull the handle (rotate down) to be free. It looks that it will break but it won't. It is how it been made. Mine works in this way :-)

Thanks Amir

Hi . I have purchased this stream mop. Is it meant to vibrate and beep throughout usage ?

Mel asked on Nov 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mel, I'm not aware of any beeping while using the steam mop. It does vibrate a little when it initially starts to warm up before it produces the steam but that's all. Stupid question, but I'm sure you have it filled with water to maximum? It just might be low in water. If it continues then I suggest returning it to get a new one. Mine still works really well. Very dry finish and lots of steam. I couldn't be any happier.
I hope it helps.
Cheers, A

Thank you for your reply ozphys. I do have it filled with water to the maximum. I agree, other than that its a very easy mop to use, cleans wonderfully .

Cheers M

I purchased one of these two days ago but when I used it this morning I found it left floor very wet, so much so that I had to use a dry head of a microfibre spin mop to absorb and dry it off. Also after using it one one small floor about 3 x 2 1/2 metres the tank was empty. Is this normal?

Ellavee asked on Nov 18, 2017

Answer this

See my changed review, problem was of my own msking

See all 17 questions about Homemaker Steam Mop STM-501