Narrabeen

Great value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I had a more expensive steam mop that never seemed to work properly, so thought this one couldn't be any worse! It steams up quickly and is pretty powerful. It's easy to maneuver around tiles, corners and the toilet. I can pretty much get all my kitchen/living area done on one tank and the cord is pretty long. I've bought extra pads easily and cheaply at kmart, which is handy.

Date Purchased: May 2018

Don't Attach The Bottom Plate, It's Not Needed!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

After I realised that the velcro on the cleaning pad is strong enough to hold the cleaning pad on WITHOUT the need for the white, clip-on plate provided, I was MUCH happier with my steam cleaning results!
The velcro is strong and holds the pad on well, so now I can get the really close contact with my tiled floors that I desired!
I have also found, holding the steam mop in one place on the ground-in dirt spots for a few seconds helps to remove the tougher stains.
Still assessing the effectiveness of this steam mop (first one I have ever owned), but so far, so good.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

It worth it for the money you pay

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

We have tried 2 other steam cleaners and they were making all the tiles wet after cleaning, but this one is quite good and does the job much cheaper than some of these fancy mobs, The only thing that bothers is that it does not have a start and stop button on the handle and also the cord is bit short, at least for our house.

Adelaide

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Superb value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

Purchased one of these recently after reading so many good comments about this product and was not disappointed.
The steam mop is light and seems well designed and compact for storage too. For a fraction of the price of branded steam mops, if this lasts even for a year.. you have made good use of it.
The chord is long enough to do one large room, obviously not big enough for the whole house. Same with the water tank.
Steam starts coming out within 30 seconds or so, is very effective against stains and sticky Marks on my wooden floor. There is Also an extra pad and attachment for carpet cleaning.
Works on most floor surfaces.
Theres no facility to add floor cleaning liquid, however you can sprinkle some around the room before mopping it up with the steam mop.

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Easy to use I have no issue with it Leaves my floor dry and clean only wish I could use other liquid instead of only water something that makes my rooms smell good after wash also wish I could use it on tough marks like shoe makes and nail polish spills.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great bang for buck!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Cleaning is a breeze with this mop. Heats up quickly and floors are dried very quickly too. We use with a great sense of satisfaction on our polished wooden and tiled floors. Pads can be washed and re used but if you need new ones kmart sells replacements.
Only 2 minor gripes (but the cost and effectiveness outweigh both)

Cord is a bit annoying (I'm used to a cordless vacuum)
Water reservoir is a bit small

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Does the job

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Short cord, so need a extension cord. Does the job for a steam mop at half the cost. Compact and easy to use. Doesn't have a big tank, so have to refill often. Only issue is that you can only use it on tiles. Mop heads are cheap to replace.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

It is a must have

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

It works well.
I did refill without waiting to be cold and sound right so don't worry about the water tank size.
Reasonable cable length.
It comes with spare pad and they can be washed easily.
It looks to have cheap quality but it really works well. It leaves the floor a bit wet but it happens for most of the expensive one as well. For a well known brand you have to pay maybe 10 times but they will not have more that 3 years warranty. So even if it stop working after one year warranty you can buy another one and another one :-)

Murgon

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Cheap item that exceeds most other steam mops.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

I've had mine for 6 months now. This review is after quite a bit of use, as our tiled area is about 100 square meters and gets steam cleaned every fortnight. It only gets 4 stars as I have been spoilt by one that is no longer available. This steam mop is easy to manoeuvre, quick heating, and much better value than those that are 2 and 3 times the price. I recommend this item for its easy set up and efficiency in cleaning.

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Best steam mop ever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

I might just have to buy another one to have on hand in case they ever stop making them!! It does a wonderful job and dries very quickly. Easy to fill, reheats quickly after refilling, light, washable pad that goes in the washing machine. Highly recommended by Choice so that influenced my decision. The best steam mop I have ever used.

Literally changed my life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I purchased the steam mop from Kmart as part of my birthday present last year. When I got home and decided to steam the tiles and carpets in my house thinking this was just another mop I was sorely mistaken! This steam mop has changed my life, I literally love it!! Gets off stubborn dirt, leaves the tiles super clean and white, carpets come up fresh and look amazing!! It’s lightweight, easy to use and fill, and it does the job. I’ve even used it on the couch and just to clean really whatever I can with it..I wish the water tank was a little bigger so I could just steam all day no refilling but otherwise Kmart can do no wrong and this mop is proof!!! I hope it works forever

Brisbane

• 1 review

A Quality Product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

It's light, easy to maneuver and the floor dries fast. I have just moved into a lovely apartment with shiny tiles that I was scared I wasn't going to be able to keep clean. Now I know I can. :) Have used it a few times now - it's excellent!!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great clean for small price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

Bought this on recommendation from a friend; and glad I did. Great cleaning on my tiled floors. Easy to set up and use. Water reservoir lasts a good amount of time. Floor is not too wet and dries quickly. Great for around the toilet if you have boys!! Very satisfying to use. Great buy for a small price.

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Perfect ! Value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Wanted to buy a bigger steam mop expensive one then thought of trying my hands on the inexpensive one so got this .. touch wood this one works wonders ! No need to buy expensive ones this does all the job easy ! would highly recommend this product ! :)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Awesome steam mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

A simple product but does a good job at steam mopping and sterilizing floors. It comes with a little measuring cup with a spout to make it easy to fill up and the extra mop pad is also handy. Fairly quick to heat up and the long cord makes it easy to use from a distance.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Found some good reviews for this steam mop so decided to buy and try. What a find! It may appear flimsy but wow does it do the job - better than our larger more expensive one so our old mops have been replaced by this light weight steamer that kills germs and the floors are dry so much faster

Perth

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Seriously good steam mop for $45!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Great in all ways - simple, light, cleans well, floor dries quickly, good cord (but I add an extension so I can cover huge area). Can't fault. I'm supposed to write a minimum of fifty words apparently but what more can I say about a great little steam mop ??

Auckland

• 6 questions
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

It is really okay

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

Purchased only two days ago. Used once on small area but found it left the floor very wet and I used a dry spin mop head to absorb the water. The tank used most of the water on this small area approx 3 x 2.5 metres
Oops! I think I may have been too enthusiastic about cleaning the floor and went over each part too slowly leaving floor very wet. Tried it again today ....no trouble and it dried quickly.

Scratched wooden floors

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I was really excited to get this mop Home to clean my wooden floors, but the plastic on the bottom has left scratchea all over the floors. I thought it was ok to use the mop on wooden floors - am I mistaken or is there something I’m doing wrong?

Melbourne

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great but used wrong solution

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I was really satistied with this steam mop I had purchased the one before it and it was terrible they definitley fixed the mistakes with this one. Its easy dry and quick to clean. BUT i made the mistake of using a solution and i think it could be blocked. Any help unblocking it would be great!

1 of 3 pages

I've only used my steam mop 3 or 4 times. Today it has started leaking through the base of the main body, not just in small amounts, it pours with water and floods the floor. I've checked to make sure it is assembled properly. There aren't any cracks or damage to the mop. I'm feeling pretty annoyed. Has this happened to others? Is there an obvious solution I may have missed? Is it fixable or should I get enraged and let myself go nuts and smash it into little pieces? Thanks

spynds asked on Jun 11, 2018

Mine was working fine but all of the sudden, the water started pouring down from the upper compartment through the connection to the head part. The pads gets soaked so no effect of the steam. Could someone give me a solution on how to fix this or should I just chuck it?

Kuuko asked on Jun 01, 2018

Answer this

I have the same problem with mine. Did you find out what was wrong? Thanks

I have one of these steam mops and it is really good and I am very happy with it. The only thing is, where can I buy replacement velcro cleaning pads for it? I only have one and although I wash it, it is starting to become hard and unsightly. Can someone please tell me where I can buy replacement pads?

Christine S asked on May 20, 2018

Answer this

Most K marts stock up on replacement pads in the same area where the steam mops are kept

Thanks. I'll have a look next time I go there.

See all 25 questions about Homemaker Steam Mop STM-501