Don't Waste Your Money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I purchased this vacuum on 1/11/2016 from Godfreys.It stopped working this week and the battery will no longer recharge..To replace the battery costs $108 .You can buy the whole vacuum cleaner on sale now for $125.Seems like a shocking waste when these days land fill is such a major environmental problem and Hoover is not nelping the cause by creating built in obsolescence in their product..

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Terrible. Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Similar to other reviews, battery is a real problem. First one replaced after two weeks but had to be sent away to Hoover.... took 6 weeks. Godfreys didn't want to know and wouldn't give me a refund. Replacement is no better. Pay the bit extra and go Dyson every time. As for Godfreys, depends which franchise you get. Head office are easy to deal with, but most franchise owners work on such fine margins, they take no responsibility to help in the event of a problem. Personally I would give Godfreys a wide berth next time.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Save your money!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

I bought the ultra light to vacuum beds, sofas and the like. It’s just over 12 months old and it wont hold a charge. I’ve notived that the price has dropped remarkably but it isnt good value. The caoacity of the stick was okay for matresses and sofas but it didnt feel like it would cope well with rugs. Very disappointed in the quality.

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Find another vacuum

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

The first time I bought it I recommend this vacuum to my friends..
i bought it for the quick clean ups when my kids spill their food and so on.. it was alright when it’s working, it’s fairly light, the suction is not that great but it does the job..
This vacuum has a mind of its own, it works when it wants to, the battery is bad, after only a year of using it stopped working.. find another vacuum..

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

4.5 stars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I've used our Hoova Ultra Light on old carpet, new carpet lino and concrete and am quite happy with it. It has pretty good suction and it is just so handy being cordless - I couldn't ever go back to a corded vacumn cleaner. The charge lasts me quite a while, I would say up to 30 minutes and then it charges fairly quickly as well. Easy to pull apart and clean.
Only thing I wish it did was swivel a bit to get around corners etc. but other than that quite happy!
Would recommend this product.

sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Breaks down after a year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I would not recommend this product, nor recommend purchasing from Godfreys.

Read the other reviews, after a few months of minimal use the machine cuts out after a few seconds. It seems to be a common problem.

I have battled for it to get fixed, but the service team just says it can't find a problem and then after a few months of trying to get it fixed they say it is now out of warranty.

When it was working, the power is noticeably less than a comparably priced Dyson. Like other cordless vacuums, getting the dustbin out is messy.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Encounter Bay

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Convenient to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Had short run time problem after only one week. Used 3 times. Eventually tracked to faulty charger. No further problems 7 months later. Rotary brush flicks hard material out the back of the head, needs to be gone over a couple of times to pick up. Convenient to use. Used daily on hard floor and carpet. After initial problem and 3 trips to service agent, (Godfrey's), all now OK and quite pleased with it.

• 2 comments

Fantastic value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2018

We’ve had this vacuum for over a year and half. It is fantastic for being able to quickly whip around the house. Don’t have to fuss with cords and it’s nice and light so I can hold it in one hand and a toddler on my hip with the other hand. It’s almost as good as a Dyson, but half the price.

We did have an issue with the battery one year and six weeks after we bought it. The warranty had expired, but they fixed it under warranty anyway. Six months later and we haven’t had any further issues.

I would buy this vacuum again in a heartbeat.

sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

terrible vacuum....never a pleasure to use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

After i bought it it worked for about 6 months of infrequent use. It was average to use when it was in working condition. Although the machine pretty much looks brand new it keeps cutting out after 20s use. Things easily get caught up in the tube. i will never buy a hoover again!

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Weak suction

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Not happy with the suction. Need to run repeatedly to remove surface fluff.
Not as light as I wished for to clean high places
Battery capacity too small, only enough to vacuum two rooms each time.
Not easy to detach and change the heads.
Relatively loud for its size
I would not recommend it

Bonbeach

• 1 comment

Short Working Life!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I purchased this Hoover handstick in Nov 2016. It worked once then did not work the next time. I contacted Godfreys and they sent out a replacement, no problems. The replacement has worked for about 16 months. I looked after it, cleaned it regularly, etc. Now it just keeps cutting out. It will work for about 20 secs, then cut out, and each time I restart it, it works for less time until it only lasts for 5 secs! I rang Hoover and Godfreys (2 calls) and they are recommending a service for $75, and/or it most likely will need a new battery for $110! I just cannot spend another $110 (let alone $185) on a product that may only last another year! It is ridiculous. It is so frustrating as when it was working, it was the best vac I have ever had, and with a bad back, it was the most suitable for me to use.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Can’t live without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Great vacuum. It’s up there with the Dyson. Great suction and long battery life. I can do the whole house on 1 charge no problem. Also the battery is separate from the unit so you can replace the battery without having to buy a whole new vacuum. I will be buying Hoover next time too.

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Worked fine for 1 year, does not suck after 1 year

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

The vacuum cleaner is light, easy to manouver, not too loud. My house is about 110m2 and very often the battery does not last as long. I have tiles in kitchen, floorboards in dining room and carpet in 3 bedrooms. Has stopped suction after 1 year, does not even clean the tiles or floorboards.

Sydney

• 1 review

Faulty, faulty Faulty!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

I purchased this Hoover Ultra Light Stick Vacuum from Godfreys December 2016. It worked for 4 months then the head roller stopped working and the machine couldn't be used. Godfreys were very accommodating and took it to fix it. They said that the filter wasn't clean and it should work. It has been great until now, May 2018 - I'm ready to throw it in the bin. I've cleaned it out (regularly) and now it only works for 5 secs and cuts out., 5 secs cuts out, 5 secs cuts out. It is so FRUSTRATING. Don't buy this product. It is on sale for a purpose- CHEAP. CHEAP, CHEAP!!! I don't know if I should take it back to Godfreys or complain to HOOVER.

• 6 comments
  • 10 questions
  • 44 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

What a little ripper

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

This machine is fantastic holds charge light to use low noise very easy to clean it has a lithium battery built in the filters can be removed and washed with hot water ,also it has great suction it's a great product just as good as the dearer ones this one retailed at 149.00 but I got mine on sale but there around three hundred but worth every penny love mine

• 3 helpful votes

Don't buy this.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

I bought this stick vac for our holiday home just over a year ago. It has been used probably less than 2 dozen times before it stopped charging and started leaking fluid from the battery. Even tho it has been rarely used Godreys would not honour the warranty. It would have cost me more to fix it than the whole purchase price. I will never buy from Godfreys again or buy Hoover. I found the stick vac not very efficient anyway, it spat out dirt from the back of the head when vacuuming. We also have a Dyson stick vac we use at home every day. It has never let us down. The Hoover is getting chucked in the bin and I am on my way out to buy another Dyson. Hoover was a complete waste of money and Godfreys unhelpful.

Dubbo

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Ok for price

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

This product started out great and cleaned really well for probably 4 months until it started to lose its suction. It was emptied and cleaned regularly although it was quite hard to clean properly and was a bit awkward to empty the dustbin. Product was easy to use but really loud and it isn’t able to be used on hard surfaces as it just spits the mess everywhere.

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Good but has a fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Good stick vaccum but has a fault when removing bin cover to clean the filter,bin cover very hard to put back on i know of two other people that have purchased this item and have had the same problem and the clip to hold bin cover on has broken rendering the whole thing useless mine broke today hoover needs to fix this problem.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

melbourne

Date Purchased: May 2017

Good Portable Vacuum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I got this because I really like the design but don't want to pay $800 for its rival.
Its great. It's light and quick to whip around. I can do spot cleans any time I need and it has tonnes of suction. It's always ready to go because of the charger base and I get around 20 minutes before it runs out. The only bad thing I can say is that you have to empty the bin quite a lot but apart from thats its a really good design.

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Better than anything else in same market!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

We have put this machine through heavy workload and constant recharging. As opposed to the normal thought process, the secret to the battery not failing is actually not letting get to low and keep on constant charge. The head suddenly stopped working and I thought time for a new one but it was a simple matter of a light sandpaper of the contacts on the unit behind the removable main dust chamber and it fired right up and is still going strong. I hope this helps someone with the same issue. I use an expensive Dyson V6 at work and it is always having battery and suction surging issues.

1 of 3 pages