Sydney

Best hose reel ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

I purchased the 30m Hose Reel and am so happy with it. Retracts every time and sits out of the way, so no tripping over old hoses. Connectors are great and what is even better is that it is Australian. Well done Hoselink...keep up the good work. P.S I recommended your hose to 2 others and they purchased the Hoselink as well !

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thanks so much Heather for your kind review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying your new Hose Reel and connections. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

Verified Customer

They only seem to publish positive reviews and the products are average.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

I love an Australian company and a good quality product but I have not felt Hoselink has lived up to the hype for me. Numerous attachments leaked and fell apart for me and waiting on the phone to try to sort out warranty was really painful. In the end I gave up.

I have written numerous reviews on their website and made sure it follows their posting guidelines though none of my average rated reviews have ever been published. There appears to be a bias to making the product seem better than it is.

If I did my time over I would just buy a good quality hose and fittings from Bunnings for half the cost.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Extremely sorry for the delay in reply on this occasion. Our faults rate across all our products is under 1% therefore this is ... read more »

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

After having used "send a message" option twice and not ever having received a reply I felt I had no other option left but to fix the problem myself Now I have a hose reel that is completely dysfunctional with no response on how to fix my dilemma. This reel is only 6 weeks old and the troubleshooting suggestions are certainly not user-friendly (woman in her 60s who is not tech savvy) when trying to resolve the problem. I am now left with a hose reel that does not retract and feeling as if Hoselink just don't care. I have paid over $200 for a hose that just lays in the garden

Comments
Hoselink Official

Extremely sorry for the delay in response on this occasion, for some reason we have not been receiving notifications through and this has caused the lack of communication. We can assure you we prid... read more »

Dissapointig

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I purchased 4 sets of tap and hose fittings a few years ago and 2 of them I could never stop leaking.
Now they have all disintegrated and there is nothing left of them. They must not be UV resistant.
I am still looking for a decent hose system but I don't think there is any such thing.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have been selling our fittings for more than 15 years and never had any of them disintegrate, therefore this definitely soun... read more »

southern highlands

• 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Best garden products on the market

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

We have been using hoselink for many many years.....From hot Sydney conditions to the cold of the southern highlands and I have not been let down. From their kink-less hoses that actually DO NOT kink to their sprinklers, fittings, adaptors and nozzles that have lasted since day one. Have just bought more fittings and a hose due to necessity and their product standards are still the same . Highly recommend spending the extra $$ you will save money in the long run

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi! We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your products. Thanks for your review. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

Gladstone

• 2 comments

Unreal equipment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

I ordered the waterside starter pack on Monday and received it on Thursday, hooked it on my hose and wow the off/on control switch is fantastic, very easy to put on connectors, and don't blow off like my last set of push on connectors,

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Mark,
We're happy to hear you're enjoying the Hose Connector with Flow Control.
Thanks for the review.
Kind Regards,
The Hoselink Team

Thanks for supplying a very great product, I just got another clip on connection and it not leak.

I would recommend the flow controller to anyone, it's a great product and a lot easier than walking back to the tap.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Why have I waited so long

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

For years I have been locked in a battle with my garden hoses. Leaking, twisting, catching, a pain to put away, a pain to get out, but I persevered and gradually started to use them less. Yep, almost beaten by garden hoses. Each battle involved lots of swearing! Lots of walking back to the tap and back again, more swearing and more walking. The Hoselink 30metre reel plus big sprinkler and lots of bits, to adapt a less used hose (I’m not giving up!) is pricey. So it’s fair to say my thrifty personality was standing between me and a Hoselink purchase. Why did I wait so long? What was I thinking? I have now installed the reel and it is so easy to use. Quick to get under way and quick to put away. I didn’t even swear. The quality of all aspects of these products is very good and setting everything up was simple. I do recommend you take a couple of minutes to watch the online videos for setting up. A bit like reading instructions, we all know we should, so just do it. Very happy so far and as mentioned, great quality, super easy to get going and importantly super easy to put away. Should have done this years ago!

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi! We're happy you decided to purchase the Hoselink 20m Retractable Hose Reel. We hope you keep enjoying our products. Thanks for the review.
Kind Regards,
The Hoselink Team

• 1 helpful vote

Leaking connections

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I agree mine was good at first however the connections still leak. I have put it on review previously, but nothing has been done. So much for after sales service. It also curls up and sometimes does not retract. Overall, very disappointed

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Extremely sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. We pride ourselves on having great products and after sales service, t... read more »

Inconvenient with other connections

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

At first pretty good. Connection tend to untwist themselves. Started leaking, replaced washes but still leaks. Now using cheaper brands. Very disappointed. Sorry

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Ralph, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is very rare we have any problems with our fittings leaking therefore this is also disappointing for us to hear! Generally there... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 question

hose connectors

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

Hi I use the hoselink connectors and have to say they are amazing. I bought them about 25 to 30 years ago and the packaging (that I still have) was branded back then by SABCO. The connection at the tap has never failed and as a gardener who frequents many homes daily their is no better connector system. I can't believe they have lasted but I felt the product is so good it was about time I let you know just how good the product has been. Thankyou!

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Morrie, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback and it's fantastic to hear your connections have lasted you so long. We know how good the system is and we really appreciate your cus... read more »

Quality plus

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Hi,
I have just ordered a kneeling pad, a set of small gloves for my wife, who will be doing most of the garden, cos I am in rehab and will be unable to do any work in my garden. When I do come home, it will be the first place I will head, if I am able, I find gardening very Therapeutic, and to be able to attend my garden, I need the right equipment, I am not selling Hoselink, they do that them selves, I am saving to purchase a retractable hose. I will have to also buy another lawn mower so my wife can operate it with out too much trouble, pity Hoselink don't sell mowers as well. Lol

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good Morning, thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments and it's great to hear you are such a loyal Hoselink customer. We wish you a speedy recovery and hope you get back into your ga... read more »

hobart

awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

I recently purchased the 30 meter retractable hose and am so impressed with it that I have just purchased 2 more and am eagerly waiting for the delivery which I know wont be long thanks hose link

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Jimmy, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback and it's fantastic to hear you are coming back to purchase more Hose Reels from us. We know how easy and more enjoyable this system ma... read more »

thank you the only thing I regret is not buying more of the quick connect couplings so I don't have to moving them around but maybe next time

Meadow. Heights, Melbourne

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Great product, Love the ease of use. Reaches too all points of my yard. Stays very tidy. Just love it.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It's fantastic to hear this is making your life easier in the garden and we thank you for your custom. Happy hosing! Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team.

Very happy with hoselink

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Great product, no leakage from hose or tap and very fast service. Hoselink arrived in a couple of days and will be buying one for the backyard too!

Gold Coast

Fantastic products!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

We bought the 30m retractable hose reel with cover, 2 sprinklers and just ordered the flow control fitting so we can change the accessories without having to run back to the hose, turn it off, change the system, then run back to the tap to turn it back on again. With one flick we will be able to stop the water flow, change the accessories and flick it back on again. Very impressed with the quality of everything we have ordered and no leaks whatsoever. Good work on their R&D!
In my opinion Hoselink is a company that provides great quality products suited for Australian conditions.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Jez, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are really proud of our product range we have here at Hoselink so it's fantastic to hear we have another satisfied customer.... read more »

Replacement policy. Excellent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Thank you to hose link for the prompt replacement of spray guns. I live in a frost prone area and will in future remove spray guns from hoses in winter.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Fon, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It's great to hear our team dealt with your enquiry promptly and you are happy with the replacement. Kind Regards,
The Hoselink Team.

• 2 comments
Private message

Timer good misting set cumbersome

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I give four stars because I like the timer, but I don't use it for a patio rather than for plants. The timer I found quite reliable compared to other products (however I would love if they produced a different product geared to small nurseries) but the nozzle system is cumbersome to install I really prefer the black pipe system which is less than half the time and much more adaptable and changeable.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Nick, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our range and appreciate all constructive feedback so we are able to make changes where ever... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Love the products.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Absolutely love the hose link products. However, I purchased a hose reel cart (not the wall hanging one) many years ago and it has for quite some time leaked rust from the bottom of the cart joints. It's been well in excess of 2 years since my replacement cart was supposed to arrive when the design for this item was changed. Still using the rust dripping cart. It's a bit disappointing.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good Morning, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback and sorry to hear you had some issues with your Hose Reel Cart. If you contact our team on 1300 554 688 or hoselink@hoselink.com.a... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Low Pressure

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I am very disappointed that after setting it up from rainwater tank through a pressure pump, the pressure is very poor and causes the pump to cycle on and off. Both with and without the nozzle, it has very poor pressure. It is not the pump, as previous normal hoses with a nozzle did not have the same problem, and our pressure is just fine through all outlets. I rang Hoselink and they said it is because of the "multitude of bends" water needs to travel in the reel. Well, I had it fully extended, and pressure was still woeful. Very disappointing, considering the cost of the item and the fact that expected drop of pressure can be expected is not mentioned on the website. Back to the good old Bunnings hose for me!

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Harriet, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Extremely sorry to hear you are disappointed with the water flow with your hose reel. With any hose reel, no matter what brand you... read more »

Robina

Private message

No more leaks.No more blown fittings

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

I tried Hoselink fittings for one hose and tap, and was so thrilled with the outcome, that I changed over my other hoses and attachments, and also bought another hose with fittings for my third tap. It is now a pleasure to water, or wash the car or whatever-no blown off fittings, and no leaks.
Dealing with Hoselink is also a great experience that a lot of companies could learn from. Staff courteous and helpful, and packing and despatch so fast it`s unbelievable.
I have recommended this company and Hoselink fittings to many friends.
I notice the odd bad review on hose reels, but I can`t comment as I have only bought and used hose fittings and a hand held water gun that was part of the Ned Kelly 'start-up' kit. Again the best gun I have ever owned!
Congratulation Hoselink.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 37 pages

we had a good 20m no tangle hose and we had terrific pressure. we then thought we would buy a good retractable 30m hose. It cost us 160 dollars. The pressure is now terrible .. I am not sure why? So i am thinking about buying this Hoselink 30m retractable hose .. I am just wondering about pressure... Any ideas?

Tammi P asked on Nov 09, 2017

Answer this

We have the 30m superflex hose and the pressure has been fine so far. We also have shorter hoselink hoses and the pressure is fine as well. In saying that we are in rural area and use rain water systems and bore water so we rely on pumps for water to work so the pressure does vary depending on how many systems we have going at one time I was able to water our front yard with 2 oscillating sprinklers and have 1 oscillating sprinkler on 30m hose out the back at the same time and they all worked with maximum pressure. Yet on other days I can only run 2 at one time. I would be hesitant to spend the dollars if the one you have doesn’t work as it would be a pressure related issue (I assume) so I’m guessing the hoselink one won’t be much better. Hope this assisted you

Thanks .. But any other hose has not had any pressure problems .. just the 1 we have now.... i am wondering if it is because the hose is narrower? i didnt think it was but maybe ... i dont know..

That would make a huge difference to the pressure, as will the length. Hoselink actually answered someone on product review who had the same issues. Might be worth taking a look at their answer. I personally would not buy any other hoses or fittings other than hoselink.... good luck

I wish to buy a hoselink but I will have to mount it on a brick wall and then to use it, I need to to go around a 90 degree angle to water the garden. Is it designed to do that ?

TERRY asked on Oct 20, 2017

Answer this

You won't have any problems, have a look at the Hoselink website, there is a video under hose reel, that will show you what range of movement it has. They are fantastic products

I now have 3 x 30 meter hose link retractable hoses and 1 is fitted to a fence 1 is fitted to timber house wall and one is fitted to a brick wall with no problem and the range of movement is fantastic

Hi Terry, apologies for the delay in reply we didn't get a notification for this question - weird!

Once mounted on the bracket, our hose reels will swivel on the bracket on a 180 degree movement, therefore you might find this is enough to get your system to work.

However it might be worth taking a look at our hose guide for hose reels, this will mount on the corner of your house and will allow the hose to travel through without getting caught on the brick. If you would like to view this on our website, please follow this link: https://www.hoselink.com.au/buy/hose-guide-for-hose-reels/4546

Thanks, The Hoselink Team

As a professional maintenance gardener I'm wondering if you have ever considered pump sprayers in your product range. I currently use a variety of sprayers from the Solo pro brand to a variety of cheaper brands and have yet to be satisfied with there effectiveness. I would be very keen to hear your thoughts.

Morrie asked on Oct 08, 2017

Answer this

HI Morrie, thanks for taking the time to leave us your comments. We are always looking for ways to expand and improve our range wherever possible. I have put your suggestion forward on our list to be reviewed and if anything comes into the range, we will let you know. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team.