Worked better than I expected (and I expected quite a lot)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

I didn't think that I would be impressed by a hose system. But it came highly recommended. I still even went to the hardware stores and had a look as what was out there. After some internal debate I decided to go with hoselink. Wont be going with another brand had been the pick of the bunch.

Product quality top shelf

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

No problem with the product but Australia Post delivery is poor.They cancelled lunchtime on delivery day ,then next day delivered one of two identical units at 6 40 pm then the other unit late the next day.Naked wines delivered two boxes wine as promised at a given time using another delivery company.Will buy more hoselink products but directly from your premises.Can I thank your American girl who handled this hiccup most professionally and caringly.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good Afternoon, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and sorry you seems to have some issues with your delivery. We have tried a few different delivery companies and have found Australia... read more »

melbourne victoria sunshine

• 10 answers

Great product hoselink

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Hoselink hose easy to use parts are reasonable price customer service is good when I made a enquiry re a part got back to me next day .

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good Morning, thanks for taking the time to leave us your comments. It's great to hear our friendly customer service team were able to quickly assist with your enquiry as this is something we aim to achieve. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

rosken99@bigpond.com

• 5 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

I just didn't do my homework on different types

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Taken in by the t.v. advert hype, stupid, I hardly ever do that, Mind u my husband just passed away recently, may be my little grey cells are not working, no it cumbersome, and I broke the spray and fitments yes on the concrete, it ran back to the casing so fast I could not keep up, any after many uses I am okay,and suprisingly happy without the spray, just switch the lever and u have different types (2) of spray, and also turns the water of it is like 3 in one, no the Hoselink crowd could of done better with the attachments, I have a spray Gun from Bunnings, had it years it is great, and I drop it , it is rubber instead of that cheap breakable stuff.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Rosie, sorry you have had some issues with the Hoselink products. Unfortunately if the product hits concrete or the casing whilst retracting on it's own this can happen. This can also cause dama... read more »

A Life Saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Recently became a widow. Things I couldn’t cope with included hose issues. Tears come easily.
My Retractable Hoselink is a God send and another thing I can now manage with out complications.
No more calls to the neighbour to fix hose issues. My life has been made more manageable I love the easy of changing from one fitting to the other and being retractable is great. Thank you.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Dawn, Thanks so much for such a lovely review and I am so glad to hear we have managed to make gardening that little bit easier for you. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistan... read more »

O rings drop out and vanish

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I got a new and expensive hoselink 30 meter with all the gadgets
We have had tradesman over and they use and unplug the hose - every time we lose the o rings they just sprung out and we can never find them again
I see they come in packs of 3 for only $2 but then I have to pay $7 to have them sent as in Melbourne -$7 postage seems high for something that fits into a normal envelope and I only need them because they always fly out I need at least two packs

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Duncan, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and sorry you are missing o-rings. To prevent the O-Rings from going missing you do have to ensure you have turned the tap off, and squee... read more »

Leaking

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Can not stop it leaking new o ring even had a spare set where go for 2 or 3 weeks leaking. Very disappointed. Waste of money nil-ex hose fitting don't leak any where near as much.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Mal, it's really disappointing to hear the fittings are not working as they should be. If the o-rings are in place with no damage to them then it may be a slight gap between the fittings which i... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Hoselink adaptor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Hoselink really have produced the Rolls Royce of hoses - we now have two and so far, they are delivering on expectations. But if you have a cupboard full of rival product spray guns and sprinklers and hope to connect them to your new Hoselink system, then you'll be very disappointed when you open the Hoselink box on delivery - no adaptor supplied. Yes they have one but you have to order it on line - it's an added extra that'll set you back $13.85 including delivery. Got mine delivered a few months ago and just this week, decided to try it out. Connected it to my sprinkler and while moving it into place, the adaptor snapped clean in half. It appears the gauge of the plastic body is too thin and in my case, snapped very easily. I now have a choice, buy only Hoselink sprinklers at extra cost or just use it as a hand held sprayer. Very reluctant to splash out for another adaptor. Very disappointed as I thought their products were infallible.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good Afternoon, thanks for taking the time to leave us your comments and sorry you have had issues with your click on adapter set. We don't actually include this adapter in with the hose reels as m... read more »

Really? That's it? Let me see if I've got this right. You don't wish to promote click-on style because they burst or leak but it's ok to make a click-on adaptor that bursts and breaks? My simple ... read more »

Hoselink Official

Goof Afternoon, thanks for the prompt response. Generally we don't have issues with the adapter breaking, I was just trying to give you an explanation as to why this may have been. We have tried to... read more »

Barooga

• 3 comments
  • 21 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Has become just another ripoff company

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I have had Hoselink fittings for 8 years and in that time I have seen the company go from hey we are a family company give us a go, to we have lots of products lots of profit and if you have a problem screw off. My original fittings suffered from leaking and UV deterioration and replacements were cheerfully forthcoming. Recently I had the shut off fittings fail and I was told that will happen when you drop them! Immediately there was no acceptance of the problem just simple denial and blame shifted to me.

So Hoselink have good products just don't think they will stand by them. That said I recently purchased a low pressure hose reel which has been great over the last couple of days I have owned it. I just hope it doesn't fall to bits.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Kel, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and it is disappointing to hear of your experience. We absolutely stand by our products and do try to help our customers out wherever possibl... read more »

As good as the advertising

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

The 30m retractable Hose Reel is a real bonus. The hose is kept tidy, clean and easily able to be used at a moments notice. No more leaking connections. I will buy more.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Stan,

Thank you for your brilliant review and for taking the time to write one. It's so nice to hear you are looking forward to increasing your Hoselink collection.

Thanks for choosing Hoselink.

Kindest regards,

The Hoselink Team.

Central Coast

• 1 review
Private message

We need another Hoselink as the buyer said I hope that they come with the house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

We have recently sold our home and the buyer has asked us to leave the two hoselink retractable hoses as part of the deal.....so we are going to need to purchase two more to replace them. In the past I have tried other brands and they failed Hoselink are the real deal, I will be ordering two replacement early next month.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Teresa, it's great to hear our customers value our products so highly and you will be returning to shop with us again for some more Retractable Hose Reels. We look forward to hearing from you soon! Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

Not a problem, I love my garden and I love to be able to pull out the hose and water it and when I’m done it just goes neatly away no hose laying around all neat and tidy ready for next time. I wil... read more »

Good hose - But

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I recently received my hoselink hi-flow retractable hose reel, which has a 14mm inner diameter, great!
Well, not as great as one might think.
The fittings, on the ends have a 10mm opening at each end, to feed and discharge a 14mm hose.
A bit like trying to empty a bucket by sucking on a straw.
Don't get me wrong, it is ok, pressure wise but could be much better, if some, let's be generous and call him a "hydraulics engineer", had designed the fittings with the same inner diameter as the hose, it would pretty great and maybe even expected?
Understandably, the pipes on the house feeding the tap is only 12mm but to reduce it further to feed a wider diameter hose is plain silly.
I called hose link and all they could tell me was that they understand my point but it discharges 25% more than their regular hose. This seems to be their only reasoning.
Now If I had purchased some budget brand, I could maybe expect some shoddy engineering but when I spend over $300, including a few extras, I expect better.
I then purchased a Y tap fitting with ball valves, It doesn't fit the hose, which I need to call them about but the thing that strikes me is that the ball valves are only 8mm internal diameter.
This is twilight zone stuff.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi there, We do get asked this type of thing from time to time and we too had the same questions when we were in our design phase. Our main aim with this model was to produce a hose reel that c... read more »

Nothing but problems

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

After multiple problems with it now the gun is pouring out water at join. U get wetter than the garden. Not a good product.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Jess, it's really disappointing to hear you are having some issues with your Hoselink products. It does sound as though there may be a missing o-ring which is causing this to happen. Could you p... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Leaks constantly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Bought a hose and hose gun. The gun leaks terribly!!! Contacted company and was told how to “repair” it!!! It’s only two months old. Then they said I could get replacement parts? Why can’t they just do what it says it will - not leak!!!

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good Morning, it's really disappointing to hear you have had issues with your Hoselink spray gun leaking. These are fully serviceable which we recommend doing every 6-9 months to prolong the life. ... read more »

Geelong

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Didn't live up to promises

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I bought two hose reel products several years ago and followed instructions to the letter. One stopped retracting after moderate use over two summers. The other had a hose that always kinked and eventually split in a number of spots making it usless. Despite several emails of complaint, I never heard back from the company. I noticed Hoselink went quiet for sometime after my purchases, but they have become active once again. I'm writing this retrospectively because I still feel angry about my experiences and would never deal with them again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Margaret, thanks for taking the time to leave us your comments and I'm so sorry to hear you have had these issues. We pride ourselves on giving first class customer service and always respond to... read more »

It shouldn't be surprising that I got an immediate response after posting a public review, but that makes the experience sadder. After your intensive advertising and me expressing my anger over the... read more »

Hoselink Official

Hi Margaret, thanks for taking the time to respond and I'm really sorry you feel this way. Even if it has been a long time we do stand by our products and service which we give to our customers so ... read more »

Drouin

GREAT SOLAR LIGHTS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Recently purchased 4 Hoselink solar lights, fantastic lights, lovely and bright and adjustable, they light up our 4 palm trees in garden, look awesome. come on when it gets dark about 7- 8pm , and are still going at 5am, approx. 9 hrs really good quality. Great price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hoselink Official

Good Morning, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on our new Solar Lights. We're really glad you are impressed with the quality and these are adding to the look in your garden! Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

great product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

we have 2 Premium 7 function spray guns and a range of sprinklers and hoses. Love all the products but have had a spring break in one of the spray guns and am very disappointed that you can only buy a repair kit which does not include the spring so will have to try to source the spring elsewhere. I feel you should supply spring as a separate repair item or at least include it in your kit. .

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Bernie, thanks for taking the time to leave us your comments and it's great you are happy with your Hoselink products. Generally the spring isn't a part which needs replacing in the spray guns w... read more »

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

Very happy with my hose link hose, have 2 now. Will be ordering covers next week, thank you, great service.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi there, Thank you so much for your amazing review. So glad to hear you're enjoying your Hoselink products. Thank you for your amazing support towards the company. Kind of Regards, The Hoselink Team

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

9-Pattern Sprinkler ITEM: 5640

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

9-Pattern sprinkler arrived the other day I was looking forward to this - Cost just over $30 - used twice no both times stopped using it went back to my very old wave sprinkler, had it for about 18 years still works great! the hoselink 9 Pattern sprinkler in my opinion isn't worth $12 let alone $ 30, what a waste of my hard earned money never again.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hello Dean, Thank you for taking the time to send a review. I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with your recent 9-Pattern Sprinkler purchase. If there is something wrong with the sprinkler... read more »

Happy Customer Very good products and customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Bought two retractable hose reels and two hoses recently. They are very good products. But the hoses do not fit us so I requested a return. Customer service is very friendly and helpful. They replied my email the the same day and solved the problem and I got the refund. Everything is easy and it's a happy online purchase.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hello Esther,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We're so glad to hear you're happy with your Hoselink retractable hose reels!

All the best,
Hoselink Team

1 of 40 pages

Can you have the retractable hose reel repaired? My one is leaking and will not unwind fully. Jane

Jane asked on Nov 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jane, so sorry you are having issues with your hose reel leaking and also not retracting fully. It may well be a simple fix but it does depend on where the leak is coming from. We do have troubleshooting available on our website or alternatively you can contact our team on 1300 900 617 or by email at hoselink@hoselink.com.au. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

Our hose link nozzle does not turn off by releasing the trigger. Can this be repaired. Steve

Steve H asked on Nov 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Steve, thanks for taking the time to leave us your question. The spray guns are generally serviceable and we do recommend doing this every 6-9 months as the lubricant applied during manufacturing does wash off over time. Here's Ka video showing you how to do this and if you have any further queries, please do let me know. https://youtu.be/DaCVsfYH--U Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

Why does my hose keep blowing out of my new hose link connector with flow control?

Val asked on Sep 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Val, sorry to hear you are having issues with your Hose Connector with Flow Controller blowing off the hose. Are you fitting this to your own existing 12mm hose or is this a Hoselink Hose? If you are putting this on your own hose you do need to ensure you have used the split ring and also the hot water to do this. Here's a video: https://youtu.be/f9PcrKio9fI
If you continue to have issues, please do contact our team on 1300 900 617 or email hoselink@hoselink.com.au and we can get this sorted for you. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team