Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Raymond Terrace Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Hotondo Homes Greater Port Stephens provided a fast quality build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

We found the display home at Thornton great & the sales staff awesome! Very helpful with all my questions. Our build went smoothly & any issues we may have had were quickly handled by Maddie in the office. We received regular updates from Maddie & our project manager Brett was available when we needed him.
We are very happy with how quickly our home was completed.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Kirsty, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We're very happy to hear you were so pleased with your building experience with Jason, Maddy, Brett and the team. Was there anything we co... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Batemans Bay Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Best Building Experience Yet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

From start to finish, the whole building process was a breeze with Hotondo Batemans Bay. From choosing a design to working through changes & additions during construction, they were helpful & professional with all aspects. Our family have ended up with the exact house we wanted, at the price we needed.
Thank you to Darren and the team for a wonderful experience.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Darren, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with Darren and the Batemans Bay team! We're glad the team were able to meet y... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Raymond Terrace Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Hotondo Homes Greater Port Stephens took the stress out of our build!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

We built the Stockton 322 through Hotondo Homes Greater Port Stephens. We walked in to the display home at Homeworld in Thornton and instantly fell in love with their homes. We were met by Karren and the moment she sat us down we knew these were the people we wanted to be dealing with. We have being blown away by the constant support and professionalism the team have shown us. We found if we ever had an issue or needed something done Maddie in the office was already 10 steps ahead and made our build as smooth sailing as possible. Our build site was always clean and tidy when we went for our inspections throughout the build, the workmanship was always done beautifully and Brett our Build Supervisor was always very polite and informative. The team always kept us up to date and showed us such compassion and support when our little girl was born. We were told building was going to break us, but it has being one of the most exciting and fulfilling ventures yet. We have an absolutely beautiful dream house to call our forever home.
Thank you so much Hotondo Greater Port Stephens.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Bel, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you've had such a wonderful experience with Jason and the team from Greater Port Stephens. It's wonderful to hear... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Batemans Bay Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Hotondo Batemans Bay

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

This was our first time building. It was a smooth process and stress free thanks to Darren Phillips and the team. The Foreman Matt Thomas ensured we were kept up to date with the progress every step of the way. Pics of each stage were sent to us. There were no major issues throughout the build. Matt provided a solutions focused approach for any minor issues that did arise. Darren definitely ensured no suprises regarding price, inclusions and costs. The price agreed upon is the price we paid. Everything was clear and transparent. Highly recommended. Competitive pricing and an awesome finish. Selections was a smooth process with the assistance of Lesa and advice she provided.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Paulo, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with Darren and the Batemans Bay team. We know it can be a little scary buil... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Narellan Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Hotondo Homes Macarthur exceeded my expectations!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

From the start to finish Hotondo Homes Macarthur were everything we were looking for in a builder. We always knew we wanted a custom home but were worried about the price tag however after getting numerous quotes we felt trust within Hotondo. They actually weren't the least expensive quote we received but after building before we could see that there weren't going to be any surprises. The sales team were phenomenal & listened to our ideas whilst still able to give us extensive knowledge of their own to create the perfect design & finishes within our budget. The build was quick & feedback constantly from the site supervisor made the entire experience a memorable one. No question went unanswered and still after finished building the team are helping me with contacts for landscaping etc... a service you just can't find elsewhere.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Andrew, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful experience with the Macarthur team and we're so glad to hear they went above and beyon... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Mirador Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Hotondo Delivers a quality home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Our home built by Hotondo Mirador went like clock work. Issues were resolved quickly, nothing was too much and problems were solved. The management team led by Tony Gordon delivered a product as promised without any problems. 3 months in and any small issues were attended to as promised.

The goal with any project is to finish and we certainly made a lot of changes but never was this a problem. At the end of the day we let Tony and his team do there job and the results are evident in the quality finish we have achieved. On budget and to a budget.

We can only say thanks to Tony and all the team for making our home a reality, thanks.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi AnJ, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased to hear you had such as great experience with Tony and the team from Mirador. It's wonderful to hear the team met your ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, South Nowra Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Quality home at a reasonable price with real customer service, Hotondo is hard to beat.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

Our Hotondo South Coast story.

We are a mid 30s couple with 2 children looking to build our first home in the shoalhaven. We were planning on living in it for about 10 years so we wanted something nice. I am quite picky so we really needed high quality at a reasonable price.

The search for a builder;

When my wife and I started looking for a builder to build our home we, as everyone else does, went and looked at all of the different display homes in the area, spoke to the consultants and whittled our way through many plans. The experience we had at most places was a very pleasant display house with a lovely sales person in the garage. This was all lovely but our two biggest concerns were that you didn't get to talk to the person actually in charge of your build and all the displays were up specked with items not in a standard build.
Eventually we walked into Hotondo South Coast. Now they do have a display home and a sales person but there a two distinct differences. One is that there are only a few items in the display that are not standard in there builds, and two is once you make an appointment with them you actually go to there office and see everything in action.
You talk to everyone from customer service through to the draftsman and the manager of your build. We found this very reassuring
They didn't try and sugar coat anything, if they could do it, done. If they couldn't they would tell you or offer alternative ideas. In fact on the first meeting they openly tell you a fairly accurate estimate on cost and add it that they will be about $30000 more than most of the other spec builders. It was this kind of honesty and acceptance of responsibility throughout the build that drew me to Hotondo South Coast, oh and the lovely team.

Some other worthy points are that they employ local business for the build and Support local charity keeping my money in the shoalhaven.

Using our own design,

With most companies you can make the odd change to a plan here and there to there designs. This was fine but we found that we were looking at picking a company on the floor plan we liked most and not who they were.
In the end this is another reason we went with Hotondo. I modified one of their plans myself to the point of it being unrecognizable next to the original and this was fine. We spoke to the draftsman, in person, and the drew up the whole new design.

Eco build

We always wanted to build a house as Eco as we could within our budget. Hotondo were happy to take on our ideas and incorporate them into the build. In fact, every one down to the tradesmen were quite exited about doing something outside of the norm.

I also wanted to supply some items to the build myself. Provided this was discussed at the beginning it was not an issue.

Customer service

One of the things I like most about Hotondo South coast has been the customer service. This has not been limited to just the whole building process experience either, it's the amazing after service that is given. You can never expect everything to go right in the build so you will always have things that need to be changed or fixed. During our build if anything was a little off I would call the site manager or the office and they would usually have a reply and a solution within 24 hours. As for after service we have now been in the house for 6 months and in that time every time we found something wrong or that we were not happy with they would fix it. The other thing that has been nice is once a month they have given us a call just to ensure we are going well.

What went wrong.

As with any major project with multiple moving parts, something is going to go wrong and some parts of the build are not going to be what you expected. Throughout the build we had some incorrect items put in and some areas not up to scratch, but, on every occasion this was alerted to the office and usually they were back to us that day with a resolution. There was the odd occasion where the resolution was accepting that some of the build was not going to be exactly as we invisaged it but all in all the vast majority of the build is high quality and what we imagined.

In conclusion

Building a house is going to be long, stressful and things are going to go wrong. Throughout all of this Hotondo South coast takes real responsibility for the project and delivers a higher than average product at the end.

At the end of it all we are very happy with our home and always get comments from our friends on how nice it is. “This house is amazing, who built it?”....

If you want a quality home at a reasonable price with real customer service and displaying a genuine interest in the Shoalhaven, Hotondo is hard to beat.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Whealey, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with Adam and his team. Hotondo Southcoast pri... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Browns Plains Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Hotondo Homes Browns Plains

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Mark and his team were fantastic during the entire process (and beyond) when designing and building our first home. They show true passion and amazing insights that we never even considered. We love everything about our new place and we are amazed at how everything turned out. Thank you Mark! Highly recommended to anyone wanting to build their dream home.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Ricky, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. It's great to hear you had such a wonderful experience with Mark and his team. We're glad they exceeded your expectations and hope you... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Wallan Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Couldn’t ask for a better builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Throughout my entire build I knew exactly where everything was up to, when trades where coming in and what to expect in the coming weeks
The finishes are to an amazing quality and the guys really treated like there own, if they weren’t happy they made sure it was taken care of
We hit a hurdle with the flooring which was not there fault but the team could not of been more helpful to rectify the situation
I was well aware of the costs and came in under budget which I was pleasantly surprised
Could not recommend the team highly enough

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Tmac, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had a great experience with our team in Wallan and they made you feel like family. We know things don't al... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Wallan Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Hotondo Homes Wallan - 5 star excellent builders = super happy home owners!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

From the moment I met the first point of contact of Hotondo Wallan, Melissa, I knew I didn't want to build with anyone else. I didn't even get quotes from other builders!
Melissa is the nicest person I have ever met, super professional, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, personable and most importantly genuine. I got the best vibe from her instantly and from start to finish the whole process was a pleasure. I was a little sad once I finished the initial stage of choosing a house etc. with Melissa, as catching up with her was great!
I loved that Hotondo Wallan is a local family run business who use the same tradespeople (who were all so freindly and helpful), to me that was really important, to support the community I was going to live in.
With every other team member I met from Hotondo Wallan, the experience was the same. Unbelievably friendly in a really lovely relaxed manner, super professional and genuine.
Keegan was our Construction Manager and his brother Kalen our Build Supervisor. I can't tell you how great it was to have the same small team to communicate with throughout the whole build. They were both just amazing. So professional but so relaxed, friendly and genuine. I asked so many questions but nothing was ever unanswered or a problem. Anytime I wasn't sure about something or wanted to change something it was done without any problems. I never had anything but the absolute best customer service from them both (and everyone in the team).
Our build just flew by, no dramas, no problems. Lots and lots of contact with what was going on and when. What I was told would happen, happened.
We have been in our beautiful new home for around 4 weeks now and it makes me smile every time I walk through the front door. It is all I've ever wanted and more. The layout is just perfect, it has such a lovely homely feel to it.
We really noticed how much care Hotondo Wallan took in the build of our home. Amazing quality of workmanship, they really cared and the build site was always so well maintained. Even as far as the area around the house at handover was left looking great.
If I build again, I wouldn't even think about looking anywhere else but Hotondo Wallan.
What an amazing, excellent team. Well done guys - you gave me the beautiful home you said you would.
All the very best for the future.
Pauline

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Pauline, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes! We're so glad to hear your experience with Wallan was so amazing. It's wonderful to hear you instantly felt comfortable with Melissa... read more »

A Strong Client / Builder relationship is the KEY!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

New house, sorry I meant to say NEW HOME is done!

The Key to building a house is not money or a great location. While these things are nice, great in fact, they are worthless unless you have a great relationship with your builder. As close as you like to a best friend.

This is the Key to building a home!

I was lucky enough to het such a builder and that the relationships was their both for myself and my wife. Yes you will at some point, have a difference of opinion with your partner. Mark and Gianni Uzzell from Hotondo Homes Logan were magical. They took things on board and had ways of showing as best as possible, what each decision would look like. You could feel comfortable in making a last minute change and could see what it would look like. No fear of the unknown just the thrill of making something that you can call your own.

Even now weeks after the build is done I am looking at landscaping and drive ways. Mark and Gianni have not hesitated in helping out and offering their expertise.

Kindest Regards;
Douglas & Mizue

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Douglas and Mizue, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes and share your wonderful experience. We're so glad to hear Mark, Gianna and the team have truly exceeded your expectatio... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Lavington Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Hotondo Albury are the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I built with Hotondo Lavington in 2018. My neighbor built with Hotondo Lavington in late 2017 - both of our experiences have been nothing but great! What you see in the display home is pretty close to a typical home product. Very few builders build houses like this, check out most displays they have 80k to 100k of extras in them!
The quality and finish have been great!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Chad, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear both you and your neighbour have had such wonderful experiences with Jim, Julie and their team. We pride ourselv... read more »

Sanctuary Point

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, South Nowra Construction End Date: May 2018

Hotondo Homes South Coast - I've tried the others, Hotondo are the BEST!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I've built with 4x other local spec builders well known and i've got to say dealing with Adam and his team at Hotondo Homes on the South Coast are the best! There is no doubt about it. A local team for all support, admin and contact makes the building process 'yours'. They have awesome building supervisors to work with. Hotondo genuinely value your custom with a quality & timely build and 'genuinely' approachable with a YES attitude, I'd never speak to another builder again. They are Good Value for quality, I am currently negotiating another build with Hotondo because in my mind, there is no other I would trust ever again!!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Tonya, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes and for your fantastic recommendation! Adam and his team really pride themselves on their quality customer service and it's wonderful... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Browns Plains Construction End Date: Aug 2018

A builder you can trust - Hotondo Browns Plains

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

The construction process was maneged professionally and in a timely manner. The site was always clean and the build quality excellent. Workmanship was commesurate with the cost and the final cost was only slightly more than the what were quoted for.

No major issues pre, post, or mid-construction and Mark and Gianna were always accomodating when we had questions or wanted to meet onsite; sometimes very early in the morning.

Overall, we are very satisfied with the finished product. Our experience with Hotondo Browns Plains was such that we would be more than happy to recommend them to our family and friends.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Nick,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with the Logan team. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home for many years to come!
Hotondo Homes

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Raymond Terrace Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Very reliable, nothing was ever an issue. All questions were answered in a timely manner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

We've been very happy with all aspects of our build. Any issues were sorted promptly. Our main contacts were more than happy to answer any of our questions.
We were happy with our final inspection, no major issues were found and any that were are being sorted.
The final cost was comparable to what we were quoted, only a couple of variations, but these were well explained.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Jane,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with the Port Stephens team. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home for many years to come!
Hotondo Homes

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, South Nowra Construction End Date: Feb 2018

"Too easy"

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Something different?
No problem for Adam and his team at Hotondo South Coast.
From a unique design to a cost effective build the team have managed to keep a smile on everyone’s face and produce a high quality development that we are all proud of.
The team have been nothing but professional and approachable from start to finish.
We would highly recommend Hotondo South Coast to anyone considering building in this area and look forward to working with Adam and his team again.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Belinda, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with Adam and his team. Thank you for your recommendation, we look forward to wor... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Wallan Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Can't recommend Hotondo Wallan highly enough!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Right from the beginning planning stages to the completion of out house build, Hotondo Wallan and their staff were friendly, helpful, informative, approachable, contactable, efficient and hassle free. No problem was too big or small and delt with quickly and efficiently. We are very happy with the quality of our build and the friendly service we received. Thank you Hotondo Wallan!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi McDonald, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you were so pleased with the Wallan team. It's wonderful to see you had such a great experience! Thank you f... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Inverloch Construction End Date: May 2018

Hotondo=Happiness!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

From the start to the finish nothing was too much trouble for our wonderful team from Hotondo! Trent and Caroline from Hotondo Inverloch went out of their way to assist us as we made a very big move into our retirement sea change house. Living nearly 3 hours from our new location they kept us updated and involved with our build. The project was finished on schedule and to an exceptional standard. This was our third build and the most stress free! We would highly recommend the team from Hotondo Inverloch.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Judy, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with Trent, Caroline and their team. Having been through the experience before ... read more »

Great quality and easy to work with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

From the start to finish Adam and the team at Hotondo South Coast were really helpful and made the process straight forward and clearly explained everything - building design, fittings and colours, costings and the contract, build process, etc
We inspected on site during the buildings progress on a regular basis, and construction quality was spot on.
Since handover minor maintenance requirements have been handled efficiently and without fuss.
A great job at a reasonable price!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Bruce, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with the Nowra team. It's great to see the communication was always clear and y... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Hotondo Port Macquarie

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

After hearing so many horror stories from friends and relatives who had built with other builders, my husband and I are so happy we decided to build our home with Hotondo Homes Port Macquarie. Fiona, Andrew and team looked after us well from start to finish, keeping us updated during the build making it a stress free experience, communication, customer service and support throughout the build was excellent. The quality and workmanship is second to none, it truly is our dream home. The build was completed on time and inline with expectations, there have been no hidden costs. We have been living in our new home for 9 months, having no major issues and minor issues dealt with quickly, we are extremely happy with the quality of our home. We highly recommend Hotondo Port Macquarie to anyone wanting to build their dream home.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Hikton, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience with the Port Macquarie team and we're so happy to hear they delivered exactly what was... read more »

1 of 10 pages

Does Hotondo Homes Wallan build in Seymour, Victoria?

Vic A asked on Nov 15, 2018

Hi Vic,
Yes, the certainly do! You can find all the information and contact details for the team by visiting https://hotondo.com.au/home-builders/wallan/
Hope that helps.
Rose

Do you guys build near Carlingford NSW area for a KDR?

Arun asked on Oct 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Arun, yes we do. Pieter Molenaar is the local builder in this area. You can find his contact details by visiting https://hotondo.com.au/home-builders/parramatta/. Thanks - Rose

Any info on Hotondo Homes Port Macquarie? Looking to build with them

Kerrie asked on Oct 01, 2018

Hi Kerrie
My Wife and I built with the Port Macquarie Hotondo Homes team and completed earlier in the year..
From our first contact with them we were made to feel welcome & valued, even in the early stages when were were simply comparing house plans & costings.
Dean was very friendly and knowledgeable explaining different house plans, potential costs as well as all the inclusions that Hotondo offered & was more than happy to answer our many questions.
We really value the integrity demonstrated by the Hotondo Port Macquarie team. We’d heard some horror stories about building projects with blown out or hidden costs and lengthy build times. Our gorgeous home was ready on time, and importantly, on budget.
It was no problem for Dean to meet us on our block to peg out the design we had chosen & this allowed us to plan our yard and landscaping.
To see Hotondo’s building process made it an easy decision for us to ask them to build our new home, being a local family business was important for us as well, dealing with owners with a care factor all the way through. Upon deciding to go ahead, Dean shook my hand and said “welcome to the team”
We were kept up to date with the progress of our build from Fiona, Dean and Andrew every step of the way. With regular inspections on site with the team.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stress free build & would not hesitate in highly recommending Hotondo Port Macquarie to anyone looking for a new home.
Since completion I have encountered many more of their clientele and all are equally happy as my Wife and I

Hi Kerrie,
We have not long completed our build with Port Macquarie Hotondo homes. The finishes in their display home and approachability is what got our attention initially when we were looking through the display village. We have found the whole team great to work with over the building journey and they were quite happy to answer all our questions and queries along the way. They assisted us making connections in the community to enable us to landscape shortly after the build. When we needed to change things they happily worked with us to achieve the end result. The progress was smooth through the build, was to the expected length of time as well and we had no surprise costs. We were able to build a house we are thoroughly happy with and greatly recommend them to you. The biggest thing for us is they seem passionate about their builds, proud of their work and the service after handover has been impeccable.

Thank you so much Sharlene, it is nice to know.

Kerrie