Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Very happy with our first home

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

We finished our build with Hotondo Homes Wallan in October 2016 and couldn't be happier. The team did a fantastic job in building a quality home. From beginning to end they were only a phone call away and regularly kept us updated on the process.
Great communication, quality finishes and very easy to deal with. Highly recommend to anyone whether you are building your first home or dream home these guys were excellent.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Spencer, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased to hear about your wonderful experience with our Wallan team. Thank you for your great recommendation. We hope you... read more »

Huskisson

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2016

OUTSTANDING Hotondo Nowra and Adam Sturt (Franchisee)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Words cannot express our gratitude to Adam Sturt and his outstanding team at Hotondo Homes Nowra, including Linda, Kayla, Chloe, Stefanie, Dan and Bill. We are totally overwhelmed from our building experience with Adam. Being first time builders we had heard all the horror stories from other when building their homes with other building companies, however our experience with Adam was the exact opposite. Adam's ethical values combined with his loyalty and commitment to ensure our house was completed to his exceptionally high standards makes us so proud to live in an Hotondo home.
Our build was superbly managed by Dan, the customer service was excellent and the on-going support after completion of the build has and continues to be second to none.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Gray, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear about your exceptional experience with Adam and the team in Nowra. It's fantastic to see that your first buildin... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

PJ Scott at Hotondo Homes Torquay were amazing! Every step of the build process, from start to finish, was managed by excellent staff who were committed to superior customer service. As each stage finished and a new person was delegated to head the process, be it the design, selections or the site manager, all staff involved were consistent in listening to their client and answering endless questions, meeting agreed deadlines, providing expert advice and just general care and commitment to the product they provide. I felt considered at all stages, and respected, even though my project with them was on the smaller/budget side. I would not hesitate in recommending them if you wish to build with people who treat you as a person and not just a build contract. The staff are lovely and friendly, and the end product/quality was excellent!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Rozzie, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with our Torquay team. It sounds like the team well and truly exceeded your exp... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Great Building Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

We built our home with C&S Duncan. The process from choice of design to completion was faultless. All the staff at Hotondo Faulconbridge were only to ready to assist with all our requirements and were always cheerful and attentive. We were able to modify the design and incorporate extra requirements. The building process was smooth and well explained and the workmanship first class.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Peter, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased to hear you had such a great experience with our team in Faulconbridge. We hope you make many happy family memories i... read more »

Wentworth Falls

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Oct 2016

First class build and service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

We built our home with Colin Duncan (Hotondo Homes Blue Mountians) and simply put it was a great experience from beginning to end. Great workmanship, great team and finished on time. We chose our design to suit a narrow block and as a result we have a lovely home that we, the family, our neighbors and friends all admire.
Would highly recommend the Hotondo Blue Mountains team to anyone seeking an honest fuss free result.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Trevorge, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with Colin and the team from the Blue Mountains. Thank you for your fantastic re... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jul 2016

Couldn't be happier, exceeded our expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

We couldn't be happier with our Hotondo Home. The team at the Lake Macquarie franchise (Stephen, Sue, Scott, Ashley and Mitch) went above and beyond our expectations from start to finish (not to be confused with Hotondo Port Stephens [sometimes referred to as Newcastle]). Nothing was too much trouble. Communication was excellent throughout and we were in our new home within 5 months from commencement of construction! We have heard many horror stories from people that have built homes with various building companies and were a little anxious at the beginning of the process. With that and our budget in mind, prior to finalising the purchase of our land, we were eager to know what the whole build was going to cost us, so there were no surprises. We had also spoken to a couple of the larger companies, however were left with a lot of uncertainty as to price, and felt like we were just another house to them. Despite being over a public holiday weekend, the team at Hotondo Lake Macquarie exceeded our expectations to put together plans and prices so we could make an informed decision about our purchase with peace of mind as to price. We felt very comfortable with the team from our first phone call. Everyone was upfront, honest and there were no hidden surprises along the way. Of course there were a couple of variations along the way as we had never built before, however they were all well received and carried out. Even now we have moved in, we have had a couple of small issues with services (none of them to do with Hotondo), however Scott (site supervisor) has gone out of his way to assist us to sort them out, even where it was not his responsibility to do so. If we ever build again, the team at Lake Macquarie would most certainly be the first people we contact.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Ash, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear your experience with Stephen, Sue and their team was so amazing. We're really pleased to hear the team when over a... read more »

ocean grove

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Substandard tradesmen

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

Plumbing in wrong places in the slab (e.g.toilet and shower plumbing in hallway), brickwork not to Aus Building Standards (should have been replaced but we agreed to partial replacement and cement rendering of the front), concrete floor in garage delaminating (after 12 months it has now been repaired and coated but this now seems to be coming off). There were many other smaller faults which were fixed before or after handover.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Geof, We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your Hotondo experience. We take this kind of feedback very seriously and would like to assist where we can. Could you please contact our C... read more »

When we were having the problems while building the house I contacted Hotondo Head Office and was told Hotondo have no control over their builders as they operate franchises - and I should take the... read more »

It seems the Hotondo PR man agrees that Hotondo have no control over their builders - not much point in referring all the people with complaints to the customer care dept I would think.

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Doesn't get any better than this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

Reliable, professional, knowledgable, awesome! Not the words you usually hear when talking builders.
We built our home through C S Duncan Hotondo Homes, Blue Mountains (Faulconbridge) NSW and I'm happy to say that I would use all of those words to describe these guys. Not only did we have a great experience building our first home, we were presented with a quality home that is not only simply awesome to look at but also great to live in. The workmanship is flawless. The house was built bang on time (we got the keys a day before the date on the contract!). They did have a few issues with staff leaving mid-construction but those were dealt with professional precision and didn't affect the build-process at all. The staff were great to deal with (they know what they are talking about apart from knowing the area really well - rare in this industry). We tried a few builders before coming in to these guys and they were ALL big disappointments. Mostly, it was just clueless sales people who we had to deal with, which was quite frustrating. Here, we met with Cullen on day one - that was a bit of a revelation! These guys are proper builders, not some sales guys trying to sell. The whole team is awesome - every department is taken care of.
Having said all of the above, we did stay out of the way through out the build process, only visiting when invited. We gave them space and hardly ever bothered them while they were building our house. Can't say for sure, but that might have helped in getting it ready in time.
If anyone is planning to build up here in the Blue Mountains, going elsewhere would be a downright mistake. As for us, we'll go back to C S Duncan Hotondo Homes for our next project. Easy decision!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Vthakur, Thank you so much for your great recommendation. We're so pleased to hear you had such a fantastic experience with Colin and his team. We can only imagine how incredible it must feel t... read more »

thanks guys!

• 3 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2017

South Morang; South of the truth.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

After explaining our crappy start with another volume builder we were super excited and felt reassured that handing our deposit over to [name removed] was going to be a great move for our future. He assured us that we could supply our own appliances and use our family’s connection for Hydronic Heating and, verbatim, 'we won’t let you use a mate that's an electrician or plumber, but anything else won’t be a problem!' We briefly met the builder, [name removed], who seemed like a good guy. Prior to this initial meeting I had spoken with [name removed] at length and provided everything from the site survey and soil test to the dial before you dig report and the Yarra Valley Water service plan to ensure he would be well equipped for our meeting. He explained that site costs would be around $25K, no more than $30K and gave me a price on the house we were after. [name removed] went on leave and I was left dealing with a very curt and abrupt [name removed] who I'd speak to one day regarding something and then she'd call me the next to ask questions she'd received answers to the day prior. I'd then get emails requesting info she’d been given weeks ago. At one point I received an email intended for another client and it just felt like they couldn’t get themselves together and that they were very disorganised.

Whilst on the phone with [name removed] one day I explained that I would send over the specs for the appliances I was using and she said that they had their own providers and that I couldn’t supply my own. When I explained that [name removed] had said it would be okay she then told me that [name removed] was no longer with the company. Alarm bells starting ringing and I requested a meeting with [name removed], the owner of the company. I was fairly emotional during this meeting as [name removed] said the [name removed] was fired for lying to clients and that he was never going to work in this industry again as he had done this to two other volume builders. He said that I couldn’t use my own appliances because he had installed another clients pre-purchased appliances and they were pursuing him for warranty claims. He then said I could but he would charge me hefty legal fees for it. When I told him what [name removed] had promised he was very aggravated towards me, to the point where I was uncomfortable, and said ‘I can’t verify that he said that to you’. …Excuse me, but you’re now getting angry with me because you didn’t vet your staff member that you just confirmed was lying to all of your clients and you’re calling me a liar?! This is something I should have said to him and at this point I should have left but being there by myself, feeling slightly intimidated and having already paid the deposit I simply confirmed with him that we would still be able to start building by the end of the year, to which he said ‘absolutely’ and I got up and left.

Hubby and I decided that we would simply install our appliances after handover and see what kind of quote they got for the hydronic heating. This had already been a two month process and we had paid the deposit so let’s see what it comes back to us at. We finalised the floor plan and met with [name removed] for the colour consultation. [name removed] was lovely! We went through everything with her and we left only having to confirm some bathroom tiles, taps and sinks. It took us two weeks to get this information to her but she had the completed colour selection by mid-September. We were told from this point that it would be two to three weeks to get our tender back and we were back to being excited and started to slowly pack up our house. At the start of October [name removed] emailed asking when we would be demolishing the house so that they could do the final soil test. I said it was coming down the first week of November. By mid-October we had moved out of our house, and the abolishment of the Electricity and Gas were going to happen anytime within the next 14 days. I know [name removed] had confirmed that we would definitely start building before the end of the year, but nothing with this builder had gone true to plan so I emailed [name removed] explaining I didn’t really want to pull my house down without the tender and she said that it should be ready next week but that they had pushed my build back to the end of January 2017. I was gobsmacked! You spoke to me a week ago and you didn’t think to tell me this then knowing I was moving 50 minutes away??!! I emailed seeking confirmation and was told that they had prioritised other builds to go to site before ours and that our tender would be ready next week.

At this point I called head office to ask if this was normal; was it normal to wait so long for a colour selection? [name removed] listen to my whole story and asked me if I would like her to get the build date back to pre-Christmas and enquire as to why the tender was taking so long… I was worried that this would triple the cost of my house as they would be annoyed with me for going to head office with this enquiry so instead we moved essential items back into our house and cancelled the abolishment of gas and electricity. Lucky too as we didn’t get our tender back until mid-November!! We finally met face to face with [name removed], who turned out to be very, very lovely in person. Unfortunately that’s where the loveliness ended. We were shown an up to date version of our house plans - which neither of us had seen - showing changes that were required for things we had queried but assured were okay, incorrect cabinetry layout, different ceiling heights... What the hell had just happened here?! Add to that the fact that our tender came in $150k over budget and we were beyond annoyed. I swore at this point and was told 'That's okay, I've seen much worse!' ...Great, so you do this a lot to your clients do you?!

We had a contingency plan as we knew there were a lot of variations but it certainly didn’t stretch that far. What killed us the most was the fact that base price of the house had risen $25,000.00, in addition to the extra sq we added on and our site costs were now miraculously $50,000.00! In the two months it took to get our tender back they had also fired [name removed], our colour consultant… The benchtops that were meant to be standard were a cat 2, the wall colour we picked ‘Yes, we can do that colour but we can’t guarantee it will be the same shade’ and there was something like an extra $40,000.00 in cabinetry costs because the style of cabinets we chose had to be vinyl wrapped, all unbeknown to us. The clincher; while doing our colour consultation we asked [name removed] the owner, personally, how many bathrooms were included in the promotion and he, himself, said two - but guess what... Only one was included! So basically the whole six months was a huge waste of time having been misled or lied to at every stage. I deserve and should pursue a refund for the initial deposit but I just don't feel like I have it in me to fight them for it...

Reading this back, we look like fools – we should have opted out long before we did but building for the first time is definitely a learning curve and we have both learnt very valuable construction and life lessons from this. I suppose that’s one thing to be grateful for?! I wouldn’t suggest building with these guys, increasing site costs to increase profit is disgraceful; though apparently the norm from what I’ve read. All I can say is be wary and trust your gut. Good luck with your build!

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi NatB, We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your Hotondo Homes experience. We always aim to deliver the best possible building experience for our customers and take this kind of feedb... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Flexible design and a quality home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

We found our experience with Hotondo to be very good. They allowed us a great deal of flexibility during the design phase which enabled us to create a more unique home suited to our needs. Many small touches with the finish quality and detail were also appreciated. It has been terrific working with the Hotondo team here in the mountains and I would recommend them to any perspective new home buyer.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Waz, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from the Blue Mountains. Thank you for the great recommendation. We hop... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Fantastic experience first home Kingaroy Hotondo homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

We were won over when we first walked in just felt right. When i finally made up my mind on which home was for us everything just fell into place from choosing the lay out colours fixtures tiles ect to even tweeking the plans a little was a breeze so much help was provided nothing was to much trouble very professional and great to talk to. The build and quality of our home was fantastic just a couple of minor issues which got sorted out straight away. We would just like to thank Clint and his crew for an amazing job and getting us in before Christmas and Calan who put in so much time and effort and making our experience absolutely brilliant . We LOVE our new home Thank you Hotondo Kingaroy

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Gina and Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a fantastic experience with Clint and the team from Kingaroy. We hope you enjoy spending... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2016

Honest, decent and transparent - rare anywhere

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

When building there are a lot of choices and everyone has their own scale when it comes to cost V quality V speed. I looked at alot and was never comfortable to commit until I met with Wayne. Wayne and his boys Keegs and Kalen, meant what they said, and most importantly did what they said. I happy to have gone through the process with these guys backing me up. We love our home and would recommend them for yours.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi RebeccaJwithCs, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're happy to hear you had such a great building journey with our team from Wallan. Thank you for the great recommendation a... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Aug 2016

First home what a breeze

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

They won us over to start with was the customer service and how organised they where with getting us our fixed price quote.. Very happy with the finished product.. The team in port Lincoln Ian, Glenda and Sara went out of the way to help us. Gave us tips and hints that could save us money or help with storage. Helping us with the knowledge they have. Couldn't be happier. Made building our first home a breeze.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Sara, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're happy to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Port Lincoln. We hope you enjoy making countless family memories... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Hotondo South Morang - Great Experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

We are currently building our first home with Hotondo South Morang and it has been great!!. We were stuffed around by another builder which caused a 2 months delay. A friend then recommended Hotondo as they were building around Diamond Creek. After sending a general inquiry we got a friendly call from Karen the same day. Within the same week, a meeting with the builder (Darren) was booked in at the South Morang office. The good thing here was that we dealt directly with the builder . Darren visited our site before the meeting and was prepared to offer 6 designs that could fit on a 12.5m wide sloping block, which was way more than any other builder offered.They provided us with an estimate for an Erskine 225 (Split Level) within 1 week of the meeting.

It took them only 3 weeks to finalize the tender. Amazing! Mark called us over the weekend to do a color selection (so convenient) and tender was ready the following Friday. The turn around time was unbelievable and we recovered some of the lost time. I believe this is where Hotondo understood our situation and sped up things for us and we really appreciate their team effort. Their usual time slots for tenders and other milestones were far more reasonable than other builders. While we sorted out the final bank approval, Hotondo applied for the work permits and we got the permits in less than a month from our deposit date (Great work Sharon). Throughout, they were flexible with payments and made sure that we are comfortable and happy with the experience. They didn't let us miss out on the special deals.

I didn't even know there was one on their website!. During the color selection and finalizing the drawings, they threw in a lot of extras as a good will. We are very happy with the experience. Last week, I was told that works are starting before Christmas, which is great because that saved us a lot of time. The communication was regular and things were clarified up front. The base prices are slightly higher than volume builders but we figured out that Hotondo's quality of built and base price offerings are upgrade options from the volume builders. It worked out to the same cost per square meters yet better quality and heaps better team to work with. Have already recommended Hotondo to a couple of friends and colleagues. We received quotes from 12 other builders and chose Hontondo due to best value for time & money!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Daud, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear your experience with the team in South Morang has been so exceptional! We're looking forward to seeing your bra... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

Excellent! Built my first home with Hotondo Horsham and couldn't be more happy with the result. Simon and the boys went above an beyond to make sure everything was right, whilst Anthony and Alex in the office were in regular contact with me about the process of the build. Highly recommend Hotondo Horsham for anyone looking for a new home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Josh, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team in Horsham. Congratulations on building your first home, we hope yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Mar 2016

Hotondo Blue Mountains - Not your average builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

After months dragging ourselves around several home display villages we had almost given up on finding exactly what we wanted when we contacted Hotondo homes in Faulconbridge to see what a custom design home would cost us.
Colin Duncan the owner impressed me from the outset with his no crap matter of fact way of doing business, he tells it like it is without compromise and he offered loads of support and even came out and advised us on the pros and cons, building issues and expected costs of several parcels of land we were considering, this was before we had made the final decision to use Hotondo for the job.
Based on his advice we decided on a small acreage in Hazelbrook that he said the home we wanted would set nicely on so we purchased the land and spent quite some time working with Colin and his helpful team on getting our new house designed.
Apart from the personal choice elements they handled almost everything for us, drafting the house, prepping and liaising with council, fire Bal rating considerations and solving all the niggling issues that seem to be part of building a new home.
Regular consultations with the site manager as well as Colins watchful eye over the build ensured a reasonably smooth project without too many issues, the main problem encountered was a water table issue due to our land being on the edge of a hanging swamp was quickly and cost efficiently taken care of, in fact I was surprised and impressed at how willing the Hotondo Team was to work with us to solve any issue that occurred.
After hearing heaps of horror stories about what can happen with some builders and having a few friends that have been bitten we were most happy with all aspects of our project especially the fact that the whole job came in reasonably close to what they originally quoted, that's right NO nasty unexpected extra costs other than the water table issue which they fixed much cheaper that I expected.

Our new house is now our new home, finished in 10 months from start of planning to handover, actually 2 weeks earlier than promised as we needed to move quickly due to the settlement dates of our old home.
The workmanship, quality and attention to detail is excellent and so far the after sales service on a couple of minor issues has been great.

So without writing a ballad of their greatness or awarding medals of honour for outstanding service I will conclude my review with a hearty thank you to Colin and his entire team both in the office and on the building site, you have helped make our "Dream Home" a reality and I highly recommend that if you are considering building a new home at least give Hotondo Blue Mountains a call, I am sure you won't be disappointed
Regards
Dave Robertson
Hazelbrook NSW

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Dave, Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We're so glad to hear you had such a great experience with our team in the Blue Mountains. We'll pass your thanks on to the team and hope you... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Hotnondo Homes Inverloch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

We chose Hotondo Homes Inverloch to build our Phillip Island home after our initial builder went broke shortly after signing the contract. This ended up being the best thing we could have done. Don and Trish were both professional and helpful throughout the build.
The quality of their work was excellent and the build was finished on time. A couple of issues were dealt with in a timely manner after hand over and completed completely to our satisfaction.
My wife and I would not hesitate to recommend Hotondo Homes Inverloch to build a home for any one who is interested in a quality house and a professional build.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Big Al, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team from Inverloch and thank you for your fantastic recommendati... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Hotondo Homes Toowoomba - Don't Go Anywhere Else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

Hotondo Homes Toowoomba are the best of the best! We had quite a rough trot with the banks and the Toowoomba Regional Council taking their time to settle the estate, but Hotondo were consistently amazing throughout the whole experience. From the excited smiles when we walked in the door, to the pure joy of showing us the little features they were able to sneak in at no extra cost. Hotondo Toowoomba love what they do and it showed at every stage.

We have been living in our new home for just over 3 months now, and accept for a few minor cosmetic issues that were just a result of the house settling, we cannot fault there workmanship! Working in the real-estate industry, and living in an estate where there are cheaply built homes being built on every corner, I have seen most things that could go wrong with a newly built home and their workmanship has been flawless in comparison.

Their constant communication which included weekly reports and photos, their incredible attention to detail and their honesty when it came to selecting design features and colours, was second to none. Nothing was ever too difficult and no question was ever to stupid. Even now after keys have been handed over and final invoices have been paid, we are still being treated like we are family. Shay is the most beautiful person to deal with and the minute you meet Steve, you will feel instantly at home.

Hotondo Homes Toowoomba are the be-all and end-all of the building industry. Don't go anywhere else.

Love Shannon & Rayne xx

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Shannon and Rayne, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with the team from Toowoomba. Steve and the team are extremely ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2017

And this is why one should rethink 'Building'!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

(We chose our Builder using this Site, so its only right that we give our Feedback now that we are done with them). So we get told by HOTONDO SOUTH MORANG that the Hillgrove Design Home with 'mid to high end everything' will see us get change out of $350k (and that included Demolition costs). So we bulldoze our House and get Soil Tests and pay the $2.5k Deposit and then get totally stuffed around for so long that the Lease we took out on our Rental would have long expired had we proceeded, and when we eventually get the Contract ...... Shock Horror its an extra $150k+ (so $500k+ including the Demo). Suffice to say we bailed, lost money, lost our House and lost all respect for them in there aside from the two girls that did the Drawings and the Interior Designs who we really good. Never again - lesson learned, don't trust them, and if you catch them out they'll blame others and you the client (like they did with us)!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Gary, Thanks for getting in contact with Hotondo Homes. We take negative feedback very seriously and are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience. We have looked into the reco... read more »

Hi Hotondo Homes. Thanks for your selective recall on WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Most variations were known prior to the initial estimate, subsequent variations would have seen the 'change out of $350... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2015

Can not fault these builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

Without any exaggeration, my wife and I were really happy with the workmanship and quality of build of our Hotondo Home. It was superbly managed and the customer support was second to none.
All the staff at Hotondo Homes in Faulconbridge, in the Blue Mountains, NSW went out of their way to help us in making the build an almost painless experience.
We could not be more effusive or recommend Hotondo Faulconbridge highly enough. If I were considering building again, I would definitely try to use this company again.
A real 5 star company.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Nigelme,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with the team from the Blue Mountains. We hope you love living in your new home!
Kind regards,
Hotondo Homes

2 of 8 pages

Hi. Has anyone built with Hotondo Homes Sunshine Coast? Any feedback would be appreciated, good or bad. Thanks BJH

BJH asked on Jan 10, 2018

Hi BJH,
We built with Hotondo Homes Sunshine Coast (Matira Dev.) in 2017. I am about to post a full-review so watch this space!

Hi BJH
We have just moved into our new home that was built with Hotondo... I cannot say a bad word about them! We made the move from Sydney to Sunshine Coast & Alyssa & the team at Hotondo made the whole experience very easy! For such a huge move & also building a new home we didn’t feel any stress at all, they helped us make decisions with ease & were always quick to answer any questions we had...
Now that we have moved in we are also very happy with the finished product & love our new home!
It was also a very quick build which helped us get here before Xmas & settle in

Hi BJH
We are currently completing our build with Hotondo Homes (Matira Developments). We are extremely pleased with our choice of builder. The entire process from design to build has been seamless. Alyssa is very knowledgable and consistently goes over and above. We are interstate also and Alyssa has always kept us updated. The quality of the workmanship and fittings is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, and will definitely be building with them in the future.

Has anyone built with Hotondo Homes Melton ( Darvale Homes Pty Ltd)? Please share your experiences.

Hafiz asked on Oct 17, 2017

Answer this

I built with Darvale Homes (Hotondo) 3 years ago.
The process was one of the easiest to go through. Darren and Vesna run the business flawlessly. From the initial consultation with Darren, he stepped us through all aspects of the build and also linked us to a mortgage broker. The build itself was extremely smooth with only 1 minor issue that was corrected early on. Darren ensured that all the products used were of a very high standard and overall, we were ecstatic with the result. During the build at frame stage, I requested a change, which was readily accepted and I was able to add my own details as applicable with no issue from Darren. Any and all communication initiated by me was promptly answered to my satisfaction.

I then returned to Darvale 5 months ago to have an addition/modification completed as their quote came under an initial quote from another company. Once again, Darren excelled in delivering a fabulous product.

I have recommended Darvale to a number of colleagues and friends, and will continue to do so. I don't intend on moving any time soon, but if I was, I would definitely be choosing Darvale to build with again. And again!

I moved in to my new Hotondo home built by Darvale Homes in July 2017 ( 3 months ago) I have included my initial review completed after handover. Since moving in I have no reason to change my anything in the review but would like to add that the "after sales service" is also excellent. I did not put an Exhaust Fan in the Butlers Pantry, first time I burnt the toast off goes the smoke detector. Contacted Rob who put me in touch with the Electrician who wired the house, job complete and matched to the existing exhaust fans in the house.

I have never written a review before but believe poor service should be condemned, good service expected and excellent service praised.
The people at Darvale Homes may believe they are in the house building business but in reality, they are in the customer service business and in this instance the service has been second to none.,
I have just moved into my new Hotondo home built by Darvale Homes Melton and the journey through the process from pre contract negotiation to completion has been great.
Anna Maria who understood what I was looking for, found a plan to suit my needs and the block of land to suit the plan. She then put up with me as I altered bits and pieces here and there, offering her suggestions along the way, many thanks Anna Maria.
Darren who is straight up and easy to work with, offering professional advice along the way on many things and going beyond the call of duty to in helping to sort out items I had not considered at contract stage. But most remembered fort the following (Ron if you mix this you will not like the result, referring to my initial plan for the butler’s pantry and he was right the finished product is excellent)
Vesna, quietly in the background, getting progress payments squared away and always willing to take a call when others were not available.
Then these was Rob, Rob the building Supervisor, always willing to take my calls, meet me on site, explain the progress or answer my concerns (I resided 1.2 k from the construction site so was on site just about every week.)
Rob picked up on things I did not see, explained them and had them rectified, I would not like to be the Tradie who tried to short change Rob. How good was Rob, on day of handover at 5pm he would not sign off until the muddy footprints had been cleaned off the driveway so went and got a pressure washer and at 6pm was cleaning my driveway. Thank You Rob!!

Hey Fon,

Really appreciate your time in writing some details.

I have made up mind to go with them. See I go with them and will share my experience later.

Hafiz

Hi what's the lowest price house you can offer in blue mountains area ie how much to build basic house ?

Fiona J asked on Oct 12, 2017

Hi Fiona,
Thanks for getting in contact with us. Because we are a national building franchise you will need to speak to the local builder directly. You can contact Colin Duncan and his team by visiting http://hotondo.com.au/home-builders/penrith-lithgow-blue-mountains/
Thanks - Rose