Filter By:

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Investment property

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

Thanks Hotondo ocean grove we couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. The assistance with the subdivision process the help keeping within the budget. The whole process has been ideal. I would recommend to anyone wanting to build to choose Hotondo Ocean grove trading as Geelong building solutions. The quality of the design was outstanding, the communication was great everything was on time and delivered beyond our expectations. I would personally like to thank the team at Hotondo for delivering 2 properties that have already increased in value and will provide us with an income for a long time!
The customer support, workmanship and management of the build was done with true professionalism and constant care and support. I had a great experience with the team and we would definitely recommend Hotondo ocean grove to anyone looking for a great building experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Happy Little Camper, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. It's fantastic to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team from Ocean Grove. Congratulations on your new ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jun 2016

Exxellent expirence with Hotondo Homes - South Coast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

Before we settled on using Hotondo –South Coast to build our new home we looked at a number of other companies. Hotondo – South Coast was the only ones who were able and willing to assist us in the custom design and build of our new home within our budget.

From our first contact and initial meeting with Adam and Linda from Hotondo – South Coast it was clear that they were willing to work with us to achieve the goal of building our dream home. Adam already knew the location of our block of land and both the advantages and disadvantages of building on the sloping block. Undeterred, Adam and his team took on the task of designing our new home to take into account the stunning view of the Cambewarra escarpment and the lower planes of the Shoalhaven river. We were consulted throughout this process and the end result was just what we were hoping for, the design of our home and a fixed price for the construction.

Of course with any custom build there was going to be a few bumps along the way. We fully expected this as turning a house on paper to a real home is no easy task. We had heard a lot of horror stories about builder not working with customers to address issues as they arose during the build process and then passing on the costs, but this was not the case with Adam and his team at Hotondo – South Coast. When issues arose they were willing to work with us to address the problem and still meet the constraints of the fixed construction price.

At the end of the construction period we were delighted with our new home. The finish was excellent and it was more than we were hoping for.

Another of the standout points is the tremendous after sales service offered by Adam and the team from Hotondo –South Coast . Any issue that arose, be it a mark in the paint to a leaking pipe was fixed the next day. There was no waiting days for people to come and carry out the work it just happened.

After it is all said and done think it comes down to this. We would be willing to build our next home with Adam and the team from Hotondo –South Coast and we would recommend that anyone looking to build a home on the South Coast should contact Hotondo –South Coast and discuss their plans for building the home of their dreams.

Thanks again to Adam, Linda, Kayla, Dan and Matt and all the rest of the Hotondo – South Coast team for building us our new home.

Kym and Sandra

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Kym and Sandra, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you were so thrilled with your experience and the South Coast team exceeded your expectations. Congrat... read more »

Torquay

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Terrific experience with Hotondo Ocean Grove

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

We built our first house with Hotondo Ocean Grove and we couldn't have hoped for a better experience. Throughout the whole process - from modifying the house design, to advice choosing fittings, answering queries and quickly organising alterations throughout the build - the team were both professional and thoughtful. We are especially grateful to Nick, Allie, Aaron and Aleesha for helping us stick within our budget and are very happy with the end result. The finishes inside and outside are superb. We highly recommend Hotondo Homes Ocean Grove, especially for building your first house. The support was great. Thanks Hotondo!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Bec and Tim, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. The first build is always such a special milestone and we're glad to hear you had a great experience with the team from Ocean G... read more »

My second Hotondo home.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

This was my second home with Hotondo.Jeff, at the sales office, was very helpful and Colin and his team were very approachable, always returned my calls and were happy to meet me at the site whenever I asked.The reason I chose Hotondo was because they would modify any of their home to suit me. I wanted a small house and they were happy to oblige.The workmanship was as I expected for a budget home. I wanted a solid timber floor which gave me a few headaches, but Hotondo tried hardest to sort out any issues. My only complaint would be that there was no site clearance on completion. However, this was quickly sorted out. Would I build with Hotondo again? Probably yes.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Judith,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had a great experience with the team in Shepparton and your concerns were quickly addressed.
Hotondo Homes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Great experience all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

We built with hotondo ocean grove this year
Aaron and all of his team couldn't have been more helpful
We had a budget and a style we wanted and they were only too happy to achieve both for us
All local trades people that worked to our style perfectly with the quality that met our expectations
I would build with them again for sure
Aaron Wes Nick and Aleesha were all approachable with any queries or questions we had

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Justin,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team from Ocean Grove. Congratulations on your new Hotondo Home!

Pakenham

• 6 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Hotondo sales team were fantastic but do not build with Hotondo (Cardinia Homes) Pakenham Vic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

We found the Hotondo sales team terrific at the display home in our local area and we were happy to contract with them, but when we signed our contract and started to deal with the local builder in Pakenham was when our nightmare began. There were excuses for late starts like the drafting had to be outsourced to other companies, then the draftsman was on leave, then holidays were upon them blah blah, finally got our drawings and began excavation but the house build was too close to the easement which influenced the angle of repose, more delays and more costs more excuses for something that was foreseeable.
Then they took so long that the Colorbond colour was no longer available so we had to re-do the whole external colour scheme. Then even more time went by and they went through three different tile suppliers so we had to re-do our entire internal colour scheme again (three separate times). Some tradesmen took up to 5 attempts to fix their mistakes and dodgy workmanship. Missing paint work, then walls and skirts were so far out of whack it was embarrassing to look at and yet they said it was within standard and I had to argue to get it straightened. Bricks along the strip footing were laid on edge facing out and more than a few without mortar so that surface rain water would flow straight through the three holes in the bricks and the gaps without mortar and then directly under the house where my garage, workshop and poolroom were. This was industry standards by their reckoning and again I had to argue to have it sorted, what a joke these people are to have such disregard for the customer and their standards of workmanship. As far as I am concerned they could no manage simple chook raffle let alone $500000.00 home build. Trades were promised to turn up and weeks and sometimes months would go by without anyone striking a blow or finishing the job. The list of dramas, incompetence and dismal workmanship go on and on. They tried on more than one occasion to have large invoices paid before the jobs were completed, in fact they were not even started! Review your variations carefully and insist on checking quotes with your variations to show they only apply the correct builders margin.
Stay away from this Pakenham builder and get someone that is competent to build your dream home.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Brett, Thanks for getting in contact with Hotondo Homes. We take negative feedback very seriously and we're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience. We'd like to discuss this... read more »

Hi Hotondo, there is not much else to do as we have the house now and I do not have a complaint against yourselves but it is exclusively for Cardinia Homes. I thank your wonderful sales team though and would recommend you again but not the builder.

Just had a call from the builder complaining that I complained, ironic really.

Melbourne

• 2 comments

OH DO NOT ..or HOTONDO

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Hotondo Ocean Grove trading as Geelong Building Solutions. Workmanship on our house was very poor. Build was badly managed. Customer support ? What customer support. Just a nightmare. Take my advice. Do not build with Hotondo Ocean Grove. Get in touch with customer care at Hotondo Head Office and ask about the Director at Geelong Building Solutions. Franchisee at Ocean Grove. You will soon realize that Customer Care is no help. They will speak with you, send emails etc, but do absolutely nothing. If in reading this review you want more details on how badly Hotondo managed our build please contact me by sending private message. And if you have unfortunately signed up employ an independent building inspector. For a very small cost the inspector will make 3 visits. At frame stage, lock up and final handover. And speaking of handover, do not handover any money as progress payment until that stage is completed to your satisfaction. We have paid in full and have the keys and are finding defects every day. I will update this review if rectifications are done, however, do not build with Geelong Building Solutions or Hotondo Ocean Grove.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Jim, Our customer care team has, and continues to work with you throughout the process of your build. As you’re currently in your maintenance period now is the time to make note of any issues ... read more »

We do not appreciate the fact that when the supervisor visited on Monday to inspect the problems with the skirting boards which have to be rectified prior to carpet installation, he agreed that som... read more »

Customer care team has done nothing except a few emails stating that they have been away all week at meetings and attending a conference. It's all about excuses. Hotondo is a very damaged brand now... read more »

Bidwill

• 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Too expensive and unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

Paid $4400 for a tender from Hotondo Homes in Nowra only to come up with a ball point figure of well above what my expectations were. I had asked for an itemised tender when the manager said that they never give itemised tenders and that it will take too long. Well I did wait up to 5 months for this and they came up with a ball point figure?????. Something which I find odd as every builder
the years do itemise their tender and so it should be if in case you feel it can be reduced at certain point to suit your budget.
I find this to be unprofessional. And to tell me at my last meeting with the Manager that I will make a lot of money on this, is really none of his damn dam business whether I sell now or in the future!
Well, at the end of the day none of us are going to "make a lot of money on this" as my bank wouldn't lend me their construction cost. So who is the smart one on this one ???

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Michele, Thanks for getting in contact with us. Our records show the builder discussed the project with you in regards to your specifications in detail. The team offered alternative solutions ... read more »

That is incorrect. I wanted remove from the tender cost was the landscaping and the driveway and the reduction cost given to me was a figure of only $11,000 when the driveway itself would have be... read more »

point boston, south australia

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Well done Hotondo Team in Port Lincoln

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2016

My wife and I have just moved into our new home at Point Boston which is about 15 km out of Port Lincoln we were extremely happy with the Hotondo team of Ian Glenda and Sara the house plans were radically modified and it was exactly as we envisaged. The final cost was great and we had several changes made which were overlooked in the initial planning. The quality of the build was exceptional with several major hurdles being worked out. We would highly recommend Hotondo homes if you are considering building.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Robert,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. It's great to hear your experience with Ian, Glenda and Sara was so fantastic. We hope you enjoy living in your new Hotondo Home for many years to come!

Warragul

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2016

Want a Quality Home? Build with Hotondo Homes Warragul.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2016

Why we chose Hotondo Homes Warragul
We had several meetings with various builders on our road to finding the right one, often leaving meetings with more questions than answers. After our initial meeting with Jeff at Hotondo Homes Warragul we now knew we would build a Hotondo Home. Jeff was clear and precise to deal with, we had a sense this would be a stress free experience.
Planning Stage
During the planning stage we were given all the time and meetings we needed to design our dream home. All options, requests and Builder advise was given. We knew what our final contract price was and what was included and what was not all along. This made the whole process stress free and enjoyable.
Building Stage
Due to the planning stage being so thorough the building stage was fantastic and again stress free. We had one supervisor, Dave, through the whole build. He was contactable and easy to deal with. We had a few requests during build stage that were addressed without any dramas that Dave helped with. Build time was great, 4- 5 months including Christmas as we were building through that time. Quality of Build was second to none. There are several things you get when building with Hotondo Homes Warragul that you don’t get when dealing with the other large project builders. Like flooring laid under skirting boards, just to mention one of many. Structurally built square with quality products. This makes for a first class home that will last for decades to come. We love our home and have now been in for eight months without any movement issues at all.
Handover
We were given notice when handover was due and it went ahead on the day promised. We had all the time to inspect our home prior to handover and any last minute request were dealt with quickly and professionally. Everything that was in our contract and our inclusions were all done to plan. We were guided through the ins and outs of our new home and handed the keys. It was a great moment.
3 Months maintenance
The 3 months’ maintenance was done on time. There wasn’t much at all to address, just a few doors had dropped and loose plumbing fixtures. Which were all fixed. The only small negative is not all things were addressed or signed off. We required a small piece of flashing fitted to a window frame to tidy up an exposed section. I asked for this to be done during build, handover and 3 months but was never done. It’s a shame because it’s such a small thing that’s hardly noticeable, but I know it’s there.
Summary
Over all we are more than happy with the whole building experience with Hotondo Homes Warragul. We absolutely love our Hotondo Home. If you want a quality build without the stress and confusion, build with Hotondo Homes Warragul!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Evshez28, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased to hear you had such an amazing experience with the team from Warragul. Your new home sounds absolutely fantast... read more »

Thanks again to Hotondo Homes, I just wanted to note that the missing flashing to the window has now been fitted, Great customer service to have this small issue rectified, Thanks.
From evshez28

Hunter Valley

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Oct 2015

Terrible, terrible, terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Very dissapointing experience. All potential customers should be aware that your contract is with the franchise builder for the area not Hotondo. Our builder, left the area mid way through our build and did not renew franchise. We contacted Hotondo and while they did try and contact the builder they had no effect and that was all they did, no other assitance was provided. Would recommend going with a large builder eg Mac Jones, Metricon etc. One name to be protected and contract directly with the company.

Fair Trading unable to assist - builder licence not renewed so cannot under take work now anyway.

90% of our defect items remain incomplete - despite many of these being included on 2 independent reports from [name removed].

Workman ship build quality - structure ok - finishing poor

Build management - very poor. Builder dis organised tried to blame sub contractors/others. Very poor communications and dishonest not/up front

Service and support - virtually non existent.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Geoff, We're sorry to hear about your experience. This builder is no longer part of Hotondo Homes and as the company has been deregistered, you can now make a claim against home warranty insura... read more »

We have spoken with hotondo on two separate occasions already regarding this and no help can be provided. We have already prepared and submitted our claim with home warranty insurance some time ago... read more »

Communication issues

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

We recently built with Hotondo Hallam as we liked the display home we saw. The process was mostly smooth, however, a few issues marred the experience.

We are very happy with the quality of the house built. Tim & Marg were really flexible and helpful with bringing our dream home to life. However, communication was poor especially at the beginning but this improved towards the later part of the build.

A few things to highlight. As we were first timers in home building, we would have appreciated more information and consultation. As it is, we ended up with a retaining wall that we do not like - had we been given visuals and options, this issue would not have arisen.

Another major issue was the size of the alfresco. We had specified that the house was to be as per the display home apart from some changes we specified. We assumed that the alfresco would therefore be the same. However, when we saw it being built, there were 3 pillars rather than 2. Turns out this was on the plan but we missed it. At no point were we expressly informed that the alfresco would be different from the display home. Hence it had three brick columns instead of two, and the columns themselves were larger than the display home ones, which significantly cut off the view of the backyard. Ultimately we were able to compromise and turn the third column into just a wooden post, but this variation should have been highlighted to us at the very beginning.

Our heating zones were also not done to our specification.

Apart from these issues, there were a few other things but Hotondo Hallam fixed them up which we appreciate. The build itself went smoothly and quickly. We were notified of any changes that needed to be made, and the site supervisor was great in providing suggestions for a better result.

We moved in a couple of months ago, and have a few small issues to sort out. Things tend to happen slowly at this stage and several times, we had to chase up to get things fixed. Lots of emails going back and forth before things are resolved. Getting a quote on a required fix takes far longer than expected - this should be done within days, not weeks.

Overall however, we are happy with our new home, and would build with Hotondo Hallam again. Would have given them five stars apart from the issues mentioned above.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Skaur, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're pleased to hear you're happy with your home and your overall experience. We definitely take on your feedback in regards to commu... read more »

Hotondo Homes Wallan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

The quality of our build was exceptional. The fact that they took there time ensured us that things were getting done correctly and with care which was super important to us. We were made to feel apart of the whole build process and were kept up to date with every step. When we had questions Waydon Builders did everything they could to get them answered . The level of customer service we received was again exceptional, they made our process as smooth and easy as possible. We had spoken to many other builders/consultants but were very daunted with the experience until sitting down with the guys at Waydon Builders. We already cant wait to build again with them. We have referred two of our friends to them who have since gone ahead and built, both happy with their experiences too. Thanks again guys

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Terri, Thanks for your fantastic review. We're so glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team in Wallan. Thank you for your referring us on to your friends and we hope you love l... read more »

Port Lincoln, South Australia

Hotondo Homes, Port Lincoln SA

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

Our home was built in May 2014, customer service was excellent and it was a speedy and carefree process.
Only complaint would be that our house slab is not quite 'square' where we have had to compensate when doing paving outside along the house. Hearing more of our options to do with additions would have been great too.
Builder allowed us to have our own tiler and roofer also which was great for budget!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Amandapaige,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you were pleased with the service provided by the Port Lincoln team. Thank you for your feedback, we'll pass this on to the team.

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria

What a Fantastic Team - Hotondo Homes Torquay Vic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2016

What a Great building experience. Thanks to all the team members at Hotondo Torquay. From the time we bought the block to completion we found Hotondo to be very helpful and the quality of work was excellent. The whole building experience was trouble free and very exciting. We also love the design of our home.
We would not hesitate in recommending Hotondo Torquay to do your next building project.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi BriSan, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with our team from Torquay. Thank you for the great recommendation. We hope you l... read more »

My Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2016

I choose Hotondo Homes because of the friendly reception I received when walking into the office, everyone was so helpful. I found the workmanship to be of an excellent standard, the builders always checked work that they had completed and always notified me if they felt there any changes made to be made. I feel that the build was managed very well, it was built to schedule and the communication I received was of good standard.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great building experience and we hope you love living in your new home.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

As a single woman deciding to build a home seemed a huge task so finding a reliable trustworthy builder was important. That's what I found in Hotondo Homes Port Lincoln. Their face to face customer service was second to none. They explained detailed information well and had prompt reliable service with good quality workmanship and my home was build in good time. Thank you.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Sims,
We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Port Lincoln. Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes and we hope you love living in your new home.

Great build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

As a First home builder I was very pleased with the level of help and flexibility I received from Ian and Glenda during the planning stages. Also for the help that I received from Sara while going through all of the selections which made things easier, and for answering the many questions that I had. The outcome is a home that I am very pleased with. Thank you.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Truckiejas, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased you had such a pleasant experience with Ian, Glenda and the team. Building your first home is such an exciting t... read more »

Duckling to Swan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

Delighted with the quality of finish of works and the overall result of our renovation project. Importantly the company operated in an inclusive and collaborative manner which allowed us a sense of involvement and participation throughout the process.
Professional, communicative and competent organization in all aspects of our interactions from design stage through construction to handover. No hesitation in recommending.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi POB893,
We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Hotondo Homes in Torquay. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you love your new Hotondo Home!
Kind Regards,

Harrington Park

• 5 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales

Hotondo MacArthur Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

We have just finished a build with Hotondo homes in the Harrington Park area, although the build did start well the lack of communication from supervisor to client was non existent, I found myself calling the supervisor weekly asking for updates.
Mid way through the build is where the majority of the issues happened. We were continuously delayed by waterproofers and tilers only to be advised by the supervisor weekly that the trades were booked in and than to be let down was quiet frustrating. After raising concerns continuously with the supervisor with no result I seek further assurances that my issues will be raised and atleast considered with the owner of the MacArthur franchise, his dealings with myself onsite I found him to be quiet arrogant, dismissive and down right disrespectful to his clients needs and at one stage telling myself to grab a paint brush and paint the downpipes in which I was not happy with the quality of only being only half painted, again the communication from the owner was disgraceful and to go with it a bad attitude.
Here is a list of just a few issues we have with our Hotondo home:
-Quality of brickwork and compliance issues
-round downpipes being painted as close as possible to brick work leaving white unfinished pvc pipe visible.
-Bedroom doors and robes binding on carpet
-internal garage door still not installed.
-broken electrical box lid.
-defective painting throughout home inclusive of plasterboard patching and joints in ceiling.
-Discontinued stone in kitchen. Having to downgrade, I spent endless weeks searching for stone without the help of the supervisor at all.
- kitchen bench has been built to high. Our freestanding oven is to low and sits lower than stone.
- kick boards to kitchen not cut to size for installation.
- scratches/chips to aluminum Windows
- Cleansliness of home, final clean was messy at best. Instead of cleaners returning to site the supervisor and owner returned to clean the home to leave just as bad.

In conclusion I would not recommend Hotondo homes to anybody, in our dealings we have found them to be disgraceful with the lack of communication, empathy, attitude towards myself and wife, the lack of finishing details provided to us with certain things within the home and the fact it took 9.5 months to build a single story home with no landscape, driveway or finished floors within the home showed Hotondos lack of time management and unprofessionalism.

Do not use HOTONDO MACARTHUR!!

Daniel.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Daniel, We're sorry to hear about your negative experience with the team from Macarthur. We do take this kind of feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this further. Please contact o... read more »

Hi,
I have contacted head office approx 1 month ago. I did not recieve one return phone call from you guys.

Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Daniel, We’ve looked into this matter and our records show the builder contacted you on the day you raised a concern with the Support Office. Our builder has met with you on several occasions i... read more »

3 of 8 pages

Hi. Has anyone built with Hotondo Homes Sunshine Coast? Any feedback would be appreciated, good or bad. Thanks BJH

BJH asked on Jan 10, 2018

Hi BJH,
We built with Hotondo Homes Sunshine Coast (Matira Dev.) in 2017. I am about to post a full-review so watch this space!

Hi BJH
We have just moved into our new home that was built with Hotondo... I cannot say a bad word about them! We made the move from Sydney to Sunshine Coast & Alyssa & the team at Hotondo made the whole experience very easy! For such a huge move & also building a new home we didn’t feel any stress at all, they helped us make decisions with ease & were always quick to answer any questions we had...
Now that we have moved in we are also very happy with the finished product & love our new home!
It was also a very quick build which helped us get here before Xmas & settle in

Hi BJH
We are currently completing our build with Hotondo Homes (Matira Developments). We are extremely pleased with our choice of builder. The entire process from design to build has been seamless. Alyssa is very knowledgable and consistently goes over and above. We are interstate also and Alyssa has always kept us updated. The quality of the workmanship and fittings is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, and will definitely be building with them in the future.

Has anyone built with Hotondo Homes Melton ( Darvale Homes Pty Ltd)? Please share your experiences.

Hafiz asked on Oct 17, 2017

Answer this

I built with Darvale Homes (Hotondo) 3 years ago.
The process was one of the easiest to go through. Darren and Vesna run the business flawlessly. From the initial consultation with Darren, he stepped us through all aspects of the build and also linked us to a mortgage broker. The build itself was extremely smooth with only 1 minor issue that was corrected early on. Darren ensured that all the products used were of a very high standard and overall, we were ecstatic with the result. During the build at frame stage, I requested a change, which was readily accepted and I was able to add my own details as applicable with no issue from Darren. Any and all communication initiated by me was promptly answered to my satisfaction.

I then returned to Darvale 5 months ago to have an addition/modification completed as their quote came under an initial quote from another company. Once again, Darren excelled in delivering a fabulous product.

I have recommended Darvale to a number of colleagues and friends, and will continue to do so. I don't intend on moving any time soon, but if I was, I would definitely be choosing Darvale to build with again. And again!

I moved in to my new Hotondo home built by Darvale Homes in July 2017 ( 3 months ago) I have included my initial review completed after handover. Since moving in I have no reason to change my anything in the review but would like to add that the "after sales service" is also excellent. I did not put an Exhaust Fan in the Butlers Pantry, first time I burnt the toast off goes the smoke detector. Contacted Rob who put me in touch with the Electrician who wired the house, job complete and matched to the existing exhaust fans in the house.

I have never written a review before but believe poor service should be condemned, good service expected and excellent service praised.
The people at Darvale Homes may believe they are in the house building business but in reality, they are in the customer service business and in this instance the service has been second to none.,
I have just moved into my new Hotondo home built by Darvale Homes Melton and the journey through the process from pre contract negotiation to completion has been great.
Anna Maria who understood what I was looking for, found a plan to suit my needs and the block of land to suit the plan. She then put up with me as I altered bits and pieces here and there, offering her suggestions along the way, many thanks Anna Maria.
Darren who is straight up and easy to work with, offering professional advice along the way on many things and going beyond the call of duty to in helping to sort out items I had not considered at contract stage. But most remembered fort the following (Ron if you mix this you will not like the result, referring to my initial plan for the butler’s pantry and he was right the finished product is excellent)
Vesna, quietly in the background, getting progress payments squared away and always willing to take a call when others were not available.
Then these was Rob, Rob the building Supervisor, always willing to take my calls, meet me on site, explain the progress or answer my concerns (I resided 1.2 k from the construction site so was on site just about every week.)
Rob picked up on things I did not see, explained them and had them rectified, I would not like to be the Tradie who tried to short change Rob. How good was Rob, on day of handover at 5pm he would not sign off until the muddy footprints had been cleaned off the driveway so went and got a pressure washer and at 6pm was cleaning my driveway. Thank You Rob!!

Hey Fon,

Really appreciate your time in writing some details.

I have made up mind to go with them. See I go with them and will share my experience later.

Hafiz

Hi what's the lowest price house you can offer in blue mountains area ie how much to build basic house ?

Fiona J asked on Oct 12, 2017

Hi Fiona,
Thanks for getting in contact with us. Because we are a national building franchise you will need to speak to the local builder directly. You can contact Colin Duncan and his team by visiting http://hotondo.com.au/home-builders/penrith-lithgow-blue-mountains/
Thanks - Rose