Filter By:
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jul 2016

Doesn't get any better than this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

Reliable, professional, knowledgable, awesome! Not the words you usually hear when talking builders.
We built our home through C S Duncan Hotondo Homes, Blue Mountains (Faulconbridge) NSW and I'm happy to say that I would use all of those words to describe these guys. Not only did we have a great experience building our first home, we were presented with a quality home that is not only simply awesome to look at but also great to live in. The workmanship is flawless. The house was built bang on time (we got the keys a day before the date on the contract!). They did have a few issues with staff leaving mid-construction but those were dealt with professional precision and didn't affect the build-process at all. The staff were great to deal with (they know what they are talking about apart from knowing the area really well - rare in this industry). We tried a few builders before coming in to these guys and they were ALL big disappointments. Mostly, it was just clueless sales people who we had to deal with, which was quite frustrating. Here, we met with Cullen on day one - that was a bit of a revelation! These guys are proper builders, not some sales guys trying to sell. The whole team is awesome - every department is taken care of.
Having said all of the above, we did stay out of the way through out the build process, only visiting when invited. We gave them space and hardly ever bothered them while they were building our house. Can't say for sure, but that might have helped in getting it ready in time.
If anyone is planning to build up here in the Blue Mountains, going elsewhere would be a downright mistake. As for us, we'll go back to C S Duncan Hotondo Homes for our next project. Easy decision!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Vthakur, Thank you so much for your great recommendation. We're so pleased to hear you had such a fantastic experience with Colin and his team. We can only imagine how incredible it must feel t... read more »

thanks guys!

• 3 comments
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2017

South Morang; South of the truth.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

After explaining our crappy start with another volume builder we were super excited and felt reassured that handing our deposit over to [name removed] was going to be a great move for our future. He assured us that we could supply our own appliances and use our family’s connection for Hydronic Heating and, verbatim, 'we won’t let you use a mate that's an electrician or plumber, but anything else won’t be a problem!' We briefly met the builder, [name removed], who seemed like a good guy. Prior to this initial meeting I had spoken with [name removed] at length and provided everything from the site survey and soil test to the dial before you dig report and the Yarra Valley Water service plan to ensure he would be well equipped for our meeting. He explained that site costs would be around $25K, no more than $30K and gave me a price on the house we were after. [name removed] went on leave and I was left dealing with a very curt and abrupt [name removed] who I'd speak to one day regarding something and then she'd call me the next to ask questions she'd received answers to the day prior. I'd then get emails requesting info she’d been given weeks ago. At one point I received an email intended for another client and it just felt like they couldn’t get themselves together and that they were very disorganised.

Whilst on the phone with [name removed] one day I explained that I would send over the specs for the appliances I was using and she said that they had their own providers and that I couldn’t supply my own. When I explained that [name removed] had said it would be okay she then told me that [name removed] was no longer with the company. Alarm bells starting ringing and I requested a meeting with [name removed], the owner of the company. I was fairly emotional during this meeting as [name removed] said the [name removed] was fired for lying to clients and that he was never going to work in this industry again as he had done this to two other volume builders. He said that I couldn’t use my own appliances because he had installed another clients pre-purchased appliances and they were pursuing him for warranty claims. He then said I could but he would charge me hefty legal fees for it. When I told him what [name removed] had promised he was very aggravated towards me, to the point where I was uncomfortable, and said ‘I can’t verify that he said that to you’. …Excuse me, but you’re now getting angry with me because you didn’t vet your staff member that you just confirmed was lying to all of your clients and you’re calling me a liar?! This is something I should have said to him and at this point I should have left but being there by myself, feeling slightly intimidated and having already paid the deposit I simply confirmed with him that we would still be able to start building by the end of the year, to which he said ‘absolutely’ and I got up and left.

Hubby and I decided that we would simply install our appliances after handover and see what kind of quote they got for the hydronic heating. This had already been a two month process and we had paid the deposit so let’s see what it comes back to us at. We finalised the floor plan and met with [name removed] for the colour consultation. [name removed] was lovely! We went through everything with her and we left only having to confirm some bathroom tiles, taps and sinks. It took us two weeks to get this information to her but she had the completed colour selection by mid-September. We were told from this point that it would be two to three weeks to get our tender back and we were back to being excited and started to slowly pack up our house. At the start of October [name removed] emailed asking when we would be demolishing the house so that they could do the final soil test. I said it was coming down the first week of November. By mid-October we had moved out of our house, and the abolishment of the Electricity and Gas were going to happen anytime within the next 14 days. I know [name removed] had confirmed that we would definitely start building before the end of the year, but nothing with this builder had gone true to plan so I emailed [name removed] explaining I didn’t really want to pull my house down without the tender and she said that it should be ready next week but that they had pushed my build back to the end of January 2017. I was gobsmacked! You spoke to me a week ago and you didn’t think to tell me this then knowing I was moving 50 minutes away??!! I emailed seeking confirmation and was told that they had prioritised other builds to go to site before ours and that our tender would be ready next week.

At this point I called head office to ask if this was normal; was it normal to wait so long for a colour selection? [name removed] listen to my whole story and asked me if I would like her to get the build date back to pre-Christmas and enquire as to why the tender was taking so long… I was worried that this would triple the cost of my house as they would be annoyed with me for going to head office with this enquiry so instead we moved essential items back into our house and cancelled the abolishment of gas and electricity. Lucky too as we didn’t get our tender back until mid-November!! We finally met face to face with [name removed], who turned out to be very, very lovely in person. Unfortunately that’s where the loveliness ended. We were shown an up to date version of our house plans - which neither of us had seen - showing changes that were required for things we had queried but assured were okay, incorrect cabinetry layout, different ceiling heights... What the hell had just happened here?! Add to that the fact that our tender came in $150k over budget and we were beyond annoyed. I swore at this point and was told 'That's okay, I've seen much worse!' ...Great, so you do this a lot to your clients do you?!

We had a contingency plan as we knew there were a lot of variations but it certainly didn’t stretch that far. What killed us the most was the fact that base price of the house had risen $25,000.00, in addition to the extra sq we added on and our site costs were now miraculously $50,000.00! In the two months it took to get our tender back they had also fired [name removed], our colour consultant… The benchtops that were meant to be standard were a cat 2, the wall colour we picked ‘Yes, we can do that colour but we can’t guarantee it will be the same shade’ and there was something like an extra $40,000.00 in cabinetry costs because the style of cabinets we chose had to be vinyl wrapped, all unbeknown to us. The clincher; while doing our colour consultation we asked [name removed] the owner, personally, how many bathrooms were included in the promotion and he, himself, said two - but guess what... Only one was included! So basically the whole six months was a huge waste of time having been misled or lied to at every stage. I deserve and should pursue a refund for the initial deposit but I just don't feel like I have it in me to fight them for it...

Reading this back, we look like fools – we should have opted out long before we did but building for the first time is definitely a learning curve and we have both learnt very valuable construction and life lessons from this. I suppose that’s one thing to be grateful for?! I wouldn’t suggest building with these guys, increasing site costs to increase profit is disgraceful; though apparently the norm from what I’ve read. All I can say is be wary and trust your gut. Good luck with your build!

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi NatB, We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your Hotondo Homes experience. We always aim to deliver the best possible building experience for our customers and take this kind of feedb... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Flexible design and a quality home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

We found our experience with Hotondo to be very good. They allowed us a great deal of flexibility during the design phase which enabled us to create a more unique home suited to our needs. Many small touches with the finish quality and detail were also appreciated. It has been terrific working with the Hotondo team here in the mountains and I would recommend them to any perspective new home buyer.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Waz, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from the Blue Mountains. Thank you for the great recommendation. We hop... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Fantastic experience first home Kingaroy Hotondo homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

We were won over when we first walked in just felt right. When i finally made up my mind on which home was for us everything just fell into place from choosing the lay out colours fixtures tiles ect to even tweeking the plans a little was a breeze so much help was provided nothing was to much trouble very professional and great to talk to. The build and quality of our home was fantastic just a couple of minor issues which got sorted out straight away. We would just like to thank Clint and his crew for an amazing job and getting us in before Christmas and Calan who put in so much time and effort and making our experience absolutely brilliant . We LOVE our new home Thank you Hotondo Kingaroy

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Gina and Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a fantastic experience with Clint and the team from Kingaroy. We hope you enjoy spending... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2016

Honest, decent and transparent - rare anywhere

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

When building there are a lot of choices and everyone has their own scale when it comes to cost V quality V speed. I looked at alot and was never comfortable to commit until I met with Wayne. Wayne and his boys Keegs and Kalen, meant what they said, and most importantly did what they said. I happy to have gone through the process with these guys backing me up. We love our home and would recommend them for yours.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi RebeccaJwithCs, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're happy to hear you had such a great building journey with our team from Wallan. Thank you for the great recommendation a... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Aug 2016

First home what a breeze

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

They won us over to start with was the customer service and how organised they where with getting us our fixed price quote.. Very happy with the finished product.. The team in port Lincoln Ian, Glenda and Sara went out of the way to help us. Gave us tips and hints that could save us money or help with storage. Helping us with the knowledge they have. Couldn't be happier. Made building our first home a breeze.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Sara, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're happy to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Port Lincoln. We hope you enjoy making countless family memories... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Hotondo South Morang - Great Experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

We are currently building our first home with Hotondo South Morang and it has been great!!. We were stuffed around by another builder which caused a 2 months delay. A friend then recommended Hotondo as they were building around Diamond Creek. After sending a general inquiry we got a friendly call from Karen the same day. Within the same week, a meeting with the builder (Darren) was booked in at the South Morang office. The good thing here was that we dealt directly with the builder . Darren visited our site before the meeting and was prepared to offer 6 designs that could fit on a 12.5m wide sloping block, which was way more than any other builder offered.They provided us with an estimate for an Erskine 225 (Split Level) within 1 week of the meeting.

It took them only 3 weeks to finalize the tender. Amazing! Mark called us over the weekend to do a color selection (so convenient) and tender was ready the following Friday. The turn around time was unbelievable and we recovered some of the lost time. I believe this is where Hotondo understood our situation and sped up things for us and we really appreciate their team effort. Their usual time slots for tenders and other milestones were far more reasonable than other builders. While we sorted out the final bank approval, Hotondo applied for the work permits and we got the permits in less than a month from our deposit date (Great work Sharon). Throughout, they were flexible with payments and made sure that we are comfortable and happy with the experience. They didn't let us miss out on the special deals.

I didn't even know there was one on their website!. During the color selection and finalizing the drawings, they threw in a lot of extras as a good will. We are very happy with the experience. Last week, I was told that works are starting before Christmas, which is great because that saved us a lot of time. The communication was regular and things were clarified up front. The base prices are slightly higher than volume builders but we figured out that Hotondo's quality of built and base price offerings are upgrade options from the volume builders. It worked out to the same cost per square meters yet better quality and heaps better team to work with. Have already recommended Hotondo to a couple of friends and colleagues. We received quotes from 12 other builders and chose Hontondo due to best value for time & money!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Daud, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear your experience with the team in South Morang has been so exceptional! We're looking forward to seeing your bra... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

Excellent! Built my first home with Hotondo Horsham and couldn't be more happy with the result. Simon and the boys went above an beyond to make sure everything was right, whilst Anthony and Alex in the office were in regular contact with me about the process of the build. Highly recommend Hotondo Horsham for anyone looking for a new home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Josh, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team in Horsham. Congratulations on building your first home, we hope yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Mar 2016

Hotondo Blue Mountains - Not your average builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

After months dragging ourselves around several home display villages we had almost given up on finding exactly what we wanted when we contacted Hotondo homes in Faulconbridge to see what a custom design home would cost us.
Colin Duncan the owner impressed me from the outset with his no crap matter of fact way of doing business, he tells it like it is without compromise and he offered loads of support and even came out and advised us on the pros and cons, building issues and expected costs of several parcels of land we were considering, this was before we had made the final decision to use Hotondo for the job.
Based on his advice we decided on a small acreage in Hazelbrook that he said the home we wanted would set nicely on so we purchased the land and spent quite some time working with Colin and his helpful team on getting our new house designed.
Apart from the personal choice elements they handled almost everything for us, drafting the house, prepping and liaising with council, fire Bal rating considerations and solving all the niggling issues that seem to be part of building a new home.
Regular consultations with the site manager as well as Colins watchful eye over the build ensured a reasonably smooth project without too many issues, the main problem encountered was a water table issue due to our land being on the edge of a hanging swamp was quickly and cost efficiently taken care of, in fact I was surprised and impressed at how willing the Hotondo Team was to work with us to solve any issue that occurred.
After hearing heaps of horror stories about what can happen with some builders and having a few friends that have been bitten we were most happy with all aspects of our project especially the fact that the whole job came in reasonably close to what they originally quoted, that's right NO nasty unexpected extra costs other than the water table issue which they fixed much cheaper that I expected.

Our new house is now our new home, finished in 10 months from start of planning to handover, actually 2 weeks earlier than promised as we needed to move quickly due to the settlement dates of our old home.
The workmanship, quality and attention to detail is excellent and so far the after sales service on a couple of minor issues has been great.

So without writing a ballad of their greatness or awarding medals of honour for outstanding service I will conclude my review with a hearty thank you to Colin and his entire team both in the office and on the building site, you have helped make our "Dream Home" a reality and I highly recommend that if you are considering building a new home at least give Hotondo Blue Mountains a call, I am sure you won't be disappointed
Regards
Dave Robertson
Hazelbrook NSW

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Dave, Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We're so glad to hear you had such a great experience with our team in the Blue Mountains. We'll pass your thanks on to the team and hope you... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Hotnondo Homes Inverloch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

We chose Hotondo Homes Inverloch to build our Phillip Island home after our initial builder went broke shortly after signing the contract. This ended up being the best thing we could have done. Don and Trish were both professional and helpful throughout the build.
The quality of their work was excellent and the build was finished on time. A couple of issues were dealt with in a timely manner after hand over and completed completely to our satisfaction.
My wife and I would not hesitate to recommend Hotondo Homes Inverloch to build a home for any one who is interested in a quality house and a professional build.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Big Al, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team from Inverloch and thank you for your fantastic recommendati... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Hotondo Homes Toowoomba - Don't Go Anywhere Else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

Hotondo Homes Toowoomba are the best of the best! We had quite a rough trot with the banks and the Toowoomba Regional Council taking their time to settle the estate, but Hotondo were consistently amazing throughout the whole experience. From the excited smiles when we walked in the door, to the pure joy of showing us the little features they were able to sneak in at no extra cost. Hotondo Toowoomba love what they do and it showed at every stage.

We have been living in our new home for just over 3 months now, and accept for a few minor cosmetic issues that were just a result of the house settling, we cannot fault there workmanship! Working in the real-estate industry, and living in an estate where there are cheaply built homes being built on every corner, I have seen most things that could go wrong with a newly built home and their workmanship has been flawless in comparison.

Their constant communication which included weekly reports and photos, their incredible attention to detail and their honesty when it came to selecting design features and colours, was second to none. Nothing was ever too difficult and no question was ever to stupid. Even now after keys have been handed over and final invoices have been paid, we are still being treated like we are family. Shay is the most beautiful person to deal with and the minute you meet Steve, you will feel instantly at home.

Hotondo Homes Toowoomba are the be-all and end-all of the building industry. Don't go anywhere else.

Love Shannon & Rayne xx

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Shannon and Rayne, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with the team from Toowoomba. Steve and the team are extremely ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2017

And this is why one should rethink 'Building'!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

(We chose our Builder using this Site, so its only right that we give our Feedback now that we are done with them). So we get told by HOTONDO SOUTH MORANG that the Hillgrove Design Home with 'mid to high end everything' will see us get change out of $350k (and that included Demolition costs). So we bulldoze our House and get Soil Tests and pay the $2.5k Deposit and then get totally stuffed around for so long that the Lease we took out on our Rental would have long expired had we proceeded, and when we eventually get the Contract ...... Shock Horror its an extra $150k+ (so $500k+ including the Demo). Suffice to say we bailed, lost money, lost our House and lost all respect for them in there aside from the two girls that did the Drawings and the Interior Designs who we really good. Never again - lesson learned, don't trust them, and if you catch them out they'll blame others and you the client (like they did with us)!!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Gary, Thanks for getting in contact with Hotondo Homes. We take negative feedback very seriously and are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience. We have looked into the reco... read more »

Hi Hotondo Homes. Thanks for your selective recall on WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Most variations were known prior to the initial estimate, subsequent variations would have seen the 'change out of $350... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2015

Can not fault these builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

Without any exaggeration, my wife and I were really happy with the workmanship and quality of build of our Hotondo Home. It was superbly managed and the customer support was second to none.
All the staff at Hotondo Homes in Faulconbridge, in the Blue Mountains, NSW went out of their way to help us in making the build an almost painless experience.
We could not be more effusive or recommend Hotondo Faulconbridge highly enough. If I were considering building again, I would definitely try to use this company again.
A real 5 star company.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Nigelme,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with the team from the Blue Mountains. We hope you love living in your new home!
Hotondo Homes

Ocean Grove

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Investment property

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

Thanks Hotondo ocean grove we couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. The assistance with the subdivision process the help keeping within the budget. The whole process has been ideal. I would recommend to anyone wanting to build to choose Hotondo Ocean grove trading as Geelong building solutions. The quality of the design was outstanding, the communication was great everything was on time and delivered beyond our expectations. I would personally like to thank the team at Hotondo for delivering 2 properties that have already increased in value and will provide us with an income for a long time!
The customer support, workmanship and management of the build was done with true professionalism and constant care and support. I had a great experience with the team and we would definitely recommend Hotondo ocean grove to anyone looking for a great building experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Happy Little Camper, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. It's fantastic to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team from Ocean Grove. Congratulations on your new ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jun 2016

Exxellent expirence with Hotondo Homes - South Coast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

Before we settled on using Hotondo –South Coast to build our new home we looked at a number of other companies. Hotondo – South Coast was the only ones who were able and willing to assist us in the custom design and build of our new home within our budget.

From our first contact and initial meeting with Adam and Linda from Hotondo – South Coast it was clear that they were willing to work with us to achieve the goal of building our dream home. Adam already knew the location of our block of land and both the advantages and disadvantages of building on the sloping block. Undeterred, Adam and his team took on the task of designing our new home to take into account the stunning view of the Cambewarra escarpment and the lower planes of the Shoalhaven river. We were consulted throughout this process and the end result was just what we were hoping for, the design of our home and a fixed price for the construction.

Of course with any custom build there was going to be a few bumps along the way. We fully expected this as turning a house on paper to a real home is no easy task. We had heard a lot of horror stories about builder not working with customers to address issues as they arose during the build process and then passing on the costs, but this was not the case with Adam and his team at Hotondo – South Coast. When issues arose they were willing to work with us to address the problem and still meet the constraints of the fixed construction price.

At the end of the construction period we were delighted with our new home. The finish was excellent and it was more than we were hoping for.

Another of the standout points is the tremendous after sales service offered by Adam and the team from Hotondo –South Coast . Any issue that arose, be it a mark in the paint to a leaking pipe was fixed the next day. There was no waiting days for people to come and carry out the work it just happened.

After it is all said and done think it comes down to this. We would be willing to build our next home with Adam and the team from Hotondo –South Coast and we would recommend that anyone looking to build a home on the South Coast should contact Hotondo –South Coast and discuss their plans for building the home of their dreams.

Thanks again to Adam, Linda, Kayla, Dan and Matt and all the rest of the Hotondo – South Coast team for building us our new home.

Kym and Sandra

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Kym and Sandra, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you were so thrilled with your experience and the South Coast team exceeded your expectations. Congrat... read more »

Torquay

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Terrific experience with Hotondo Ocean Grove

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

We built our first house with Hotondo Ocean Grove and we couldn't have hoped for a better experience. Throughout the whole process - from modifying the house design, to advice choosing fittings, answering queries and quickly organising alterations throughout the build - the team were both professional and thoughtful. We are especially grateful to Nick, Allie, Aaron and Aleesha for helping us stick within our budget and are very happy with the end result. The finishes inside and outside are superb. We highly recommend Hotondo Homes Ocean Grove, especially for building your first house. The support was great. Thanks Hotondo!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Bec and Tim, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. The first build is always such a special milestone and we're glad to hear you had a great experience with the team from Ocean G... read more »

My second Hotondo home.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

This was my second home with Hotondo.Jeff, at the sales office, was very helpful and Colin and his team were very approachable, always returned my calls and were happy to meet me at the site whenever I asked.The reason I chose Hotondo was because they would modify any of their home to suit me. I wanted a small house and they were happy to oblige.The workmanship was as I expected for a budget home. I wanted a solid timber floor which gave me a few headaches, but Hotondo tried hardest to sort out any issues. My only complaint would be that there was no site clearance on completion. However, this was quickly sorted out. Would I build with Hotondo again? Probably yes.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Judith,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had a great experience with the team in Shepparton and your concerns were quickly addressed.
Hotondo Homes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Great experience all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

We built with hotondo ocean grove this year
Aaron and all of his team couldn't have been more helpful
We had a budget and a style we wanted and they were only too happy to achieve both for us
All local trades people that worked to our style perfectly with the quality that met our expectations
I would build with them again for sure
Aaron Wes Nick and Aleesha were all approachable with any queries or questions we had

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Justin,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so glad to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team from Ocean Grove. Congratulations on your new Hotondo Home!
Hotondo Homes.

Pakenham

• 7 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Hotondo sales team were fantastic but do not build with Hotondo (Cardinia Homes) Pakenham Vic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

We found the Hotondo sales team terrific at the display home in our local area and we were happy to contract with them, but when we signed our contract and started to deal with the local builder in Pakenham was when our nightmare began. There were excuses for late starts like the drafting had to be outsourced to other companies, then the draftsman was on leave, then holidays were upon them blah blah, finally got our drawings and began excavation but the house build was too close to the easement which influenced the angle of repose, more delays and more costs more excuses for something that was foreseeable.
Then they took so long that the Colorbond colour was no longer available so we had to re-do the whole external colour scheme. Then even more time went by and they went through three different tile suppliers so we had to re-do our entire internal colour scheme again (three separate times). Some tradesmen took up to 5 attempts to fix their mistakes and dodgy workmanship. Missing paint work, then walls and skirts were so far out of whack it was embarrassing to look at and yet they said it was within standard and I had to argue to get it straightened. Bricks along the strip footing were laid on edge facing out and more than a few without mortar so that surface rain water would flow straight through the three holes in the bricks and the gaps without mortar and then directly under the house where my garage, workshop and poolroom were. This was industry standards by their reckoning and again I had to argue to have it sorted, what a joke these people are to have such disregard for the customer and their standards of workmanship. As far as I am concerned they could no manage simple chook raffle let alone $500000.00 home build. Trades were promised to turn up and weeks and sometimes months would go by without anyone striking a blow or finishing the job. The list of dramas, incompetence and dismal workmanship go on and on. They tried on more than one occasion to have large invoices paid before the jobs were completed, in fact they were not even started! Review your variations carefully and insist on checking quotes with your variations to show they only apply the correct builders margin.
Stay away from this Pakenham builder and get someone that is competent to build your dream home.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Brett, Thanks for getting in contact with Hotondo Homes. We take negative feedback very seriously and we're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience. We'd like to discuss this... read more »

Hi Hotondo, there is not much else to do as we have the house now and I do not have a complaint against yourselves but it is exclusively for Cardinia Homes. I thank your wonderful sales team though and would recommend you again but not the builder.

Just had a call from the builder complaining that I complained, ironic really.

Melbourne

• 2 comments

OH DO NOT ..or HOTONDO

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Hotondo Ocean Grove trading as Geelong Building Solutions. Workmanship on our house was very poor. Build was badly managed. Customer support ? What customer support. Just a nightmare. Take my advice. Do not build with Hotondo Ocean Grove. Get in touch with customer care at Hotondo Head Office and ask about the Director at Geelong Building Solutions. Franchisee at Ocean Grove. You will soon realize that Customer Care is no help. They will speak with you, send emails etc, but do absolutely nothing. If in reading this review you want more details on how badly Hotondo managed our build please contact me by sending private message. And if you have unfortunately signed up employ an independent building inspector. For a very small cost the inspector will make 3 visits. At frame stage, lock up and final handover. And speaking of handover, do not handover any money as progress payment until that stage is completed to your satisfaction. We have paid in full and have the keys and are finding defects every day. I will update this review if rectifications are done, however, do not build with Geelong Building Solutions or Hotondo Ocean Grove.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Jim, Our customer care team has, and continues to work with you throughout the process of your build. As you’re currently in your maintenance period now is the time to make note of any issues ... read more »

We do not appreciate the fact that when the supervisor visited on Monday to inspect the problems with the skirting boards which have to be rectified prior to carpet installation, he agreed that som... read more »

Customer care team has done nothing except a few emails stating that they have been away all week at meetings and attending a conference. It's all about excuses. Hotondo is a very damaged brand now... read more »

4 of 10 pages