Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia

Hotondo Port Pirie are Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2016

We built with Hotondo Port Pirie in 2013. We had a fabulous build experience. Communication was brilliant, nothing was too small or too hard. The build quality surpasses all those around us (new division). Local tradies were used, so the $$ stayed in our regional area. After service has been brilliant, even 2.5 years on. We would build with them again but we don't need to!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Tegan, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team in Port Pirie It's great to see they've left such an amazing ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland

Our first brand new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2016

Our experience with Hotondo Homes has been great all the way thru. From the first day we met with Chris and Mary to discuss the process we have felt comfortable, and if at any time we had any concerns they allayed them very quickly.
The subbies were all great to deal with checking our requirements were being met at every stage. One special mention to Peter the painter, a rare breed in these modern times; Peter is a perfectionist and should be proud of the work he does.
I would recommend Hotondo Homes and Chris Dodt and his team to anyone thinking of building a new home, they truly are a great find.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Chappo, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased to hear you had such a fantastic experience with Chris and the team from Gympie. We hope you enjoy living in your b... read more »

Love my new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2016

This is my dream home come true, I was so impressed with the support I was given when designing the plan and layout of my home, any changes were not a problem to get the look I wanted to achieve. The standard and workmanship is of high standard, I have no hesitation to recommend Hotondo Shepparton to build your next home, Col and Sue and their staff delivered on every aspect. Thanks so much!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Leanne,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear Col and Sue were able to build your dream home! Thank you for your strong recommendation and we hope you love living in your new home.

Geelong vic

• 2 answers

Cannot beat Hotondo Homes Lara

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2016

We could have not been happier from the time of signing up with Hotondo homes in Lara. With Michael being our 'home builder - manager' it has been such a breeze and has made the process so easy and smooth. He is so professional & dedicated to what he does and ensures that us, as clients are 100% satisfied with everything! We have been fully informed about every little stage that our home is going through, constant emails, calls, updates and the building has kept to schedule! We cannot speak more highly of Michael's work throughout this process and encourage anyone thinking of building to give Hotondo Lara a call to take the stress out of building a quality home! We cant wait to see the finished product! Thank you!

September 6th 2016 Update: Hotondo home - house completion

After only 4 months our Hotondo home was completed in Mount Duneed. Not 1 hold up, no problems experienced at all. We are just so impressed with the build by Hotondo and the work of our project manager to ensure everything went to schedule and was completed on time and the quality was there throughout. We could not fault any stage or quality of our build. Any queries we had were promptly answered by Michael and never was a problem to offer advice or help us though anything we were unsure of - always going above and beyond. If building was always this easy we would do it again tomorrow! Thank you so much to our fantastic project manager Michael (from Lara) and the rest of the hotondo team/trades for everything you have done from start to finish to complete our home we could not be happier.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Dear Ralsal, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes in Lara. We're so pleased to hear your experience with Michael has been so breezy and stress-free. We're looking forward to seein... read more »

Newcastle

Hotondo Port Stephens

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2016

Hello,
My husband and I just wanted to give a shoutout and express our thanks and gratitude to the team at Hotondo Port Stephens.
We are due to take possession of our home on Monday and we couldn't be more excited.
From the second we walked into the display home and spoke to Paul, we knew these guys were a good fit for us. We had also looked at other companies but were put off by how impersonal the experience was. Paul was open and honest about the company and what they could deliver. He is a warm and knowledgable person and is an irreplaceable asset to this franchise.
Like all growing companies, they are not without fault and for a brief moment we experienced some small frustrations around communication.
However, we have watched Jason develop a wonderful team throughout our build and think he should be very proud of their hard work. In particular, Jaimie and Maddy who have been great to speak with despite the fact that we've been slightly clueless at times.
Keep up the great work guys.
Cheers,
Alison and Aaron.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Alison and Aaron,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Port Stephens. We hope you love living in your new home.

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria

My new home is a dream come true!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2016

Such smooth sailing all the way it has been building my home with Hotondo Homes in Wallan.
The entire experience has been nothing more than exciting. Such wonderful help from experienced staff with my colour selection which made the whole experience so much fun and stress free. From start to finish I have been informed of week to week progress. I have had no problems with anything along the way. Have enjoyed every minute of having my dream home built.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Dani,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're pleased to hear you had such a great experience with the Wallan team and we're glad you now have your dream home!

Sydney

• 7 helpful votes

Hotondo Homes South Coast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2016

This was the first time I've done a property investment and actually built the home, so was very cautious about who I went with. From the beginning, Adam from Hotondo South Coast was the most transparent and helpful, and after ringing around I definitely felt more comfortable with them.
They offered the most flexibility with the plans and provided invaluable advice along the way. The house looks AMAZING and I've sold it for a good profit - will definitely be calling Adam when I take on my next project! Highly recommend HSC :)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Nick,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. Great to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team from South Coast. We're looking forward to helping with your next project.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales

Hotondo Homes South Nowra.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2016

We have recently moved into our new home. Speaking as a recently retired builder of over forty years experience, I could not fault the Hotondo South Coast team in their quality of workmanship, project management, friendly and courteous lines of communication, and sheer enthusiasm for our project. As clients, we were made to feel special, and have a special home to show for it. Many thanks to all at Hotondo South Coast.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Keith,
Thank you for your fantastic review! We're glad to hear your experience with the team at Southcoast was fantastic and we hope you enjoy living in your brand new home!

Hotondo Homes Wallan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

We have just completed our home with sincere thanks to Wayne, Donna and the team at Hotondo Homes Wallan. We found the team to be very friendly,helpful and professional throughout the build. They kept us informed from start to finish and answered any questions we had which made it a hassle free & very enjoyable experience. This professionalism is represented in the quality building of our home. If we were to build again we would definitely build with Hotondo Homes Wallan. Thanks again to the team at Hotondo Homes Wallan.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Rosemarie,
Thank you for your fantastic review! We're so glad to hear you had a great experience with Hotondo Homes in Wallan. We hope you enjoy your new home!

Heathcote Junction, VIC 3758

Hotondo Homes Wallan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2016

We have built our dream home with many thanks to Hotondo Homes Wallan, From start to finish the building process was hassle free. The supervisor was very accommodating and happy to help or meet onsite if we had any questions or wanted to go through anything. Hotondo Homes paid full attention to our requests and followed through with actions, we often were contacted on a regular basis with updates. We are extremely happy with what we call our dream home, completed with high quality finishes.. Thank-you to the Wayne and Donna and the team at Hotondo Homes Wallan.

- Jeremy & Amy.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Jeremy, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes in Wallan. We're glad to hear you had a fantastic experience with Wayne and Donna along with their team. We're happy we've helped bui... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria

Real world experince building with Hotondo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2016

I would have liked to write a review with the heading "well done guys, love your work, thanks for building my home, stress free" like the other reviewers. Unfortunately, my experiences tell a different story, subsequently resulting in trust in the Hotondo brand being non existent.
How many times have you heard the phrase "the dog has eaten my homework"- welcome to the world dealing with Melton Hotondo. I think I have heard every single excuse in the builders handbook, I've even had personal assurances and 100% guarantees. I am 8 months into a 9 month contract and I'm still waiting for the 'lock up' to be completed. Enough said!
Be warned- tread warily.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Dear Test321, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with Hotondo Homes in Melton. We have contacted our Melton franchisee regarding your experience to dat... read more »

Hungry dog update. Thinking that a company which invests in marketing their brand could provide 'assistance & support', I took up Hotondo` offer and made contact. The 'dog has eaten my homework, a... read more »

Hotondo Homes Official

Dear Test321, We've reviewed your file in accordance with your comment. Our records show Customer Care has assisted in resolving the issue, you met with one of our managers and have been communica... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria

Excellent quality and professional team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

Our experience with Hotondo homes Ballarat has been fantastic from the planning stage to the end. We were kept well informed at every stage of our build and our house was completed in 5 months. Everyone was helpful and professional and we would not hesitate to recommend them to others . The quality of workmanship in our new home is second to none. Thank you to the Hotondo team for a wonderful building experience!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Sandra, Thank you for your fantastic review! We are glad to hear your experience with the team in Ballarat was such a great experience and we hope you're enjoying your lovely new home! Thanks ... read more »

Great Quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2015

You often hear of all the problems that people encounter when building a house, but our experience was "Stress Free" with Hotondo Wallan and we can only thank Wayne, Donna and the whole team for their effort to make this happen. We had access to the house from day one and if there was any type of problem, it was amended straight away. We designed our own home and moved in 4 weeks ago and couldn't be happier with the finished product. Thanks guys, can't recommend you highly enough :)

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Kaye Fitz, Thank you for the fantastic review! We are glad to hear that your experience with Hotondo Homes in Wallan was a great one and the team were very helpful with assisting you along the w... read more »

Hotondo Hornsby - Professional All The Way

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2015

We are half way through a new split level custom build with Hotondo Hornsby and I am so glad that we chose them...so far everything has been handled so professionally and I am not an easy person to please. I have extremely high expectations and I have been extremely painful, changing my mind a lot and asking for a lot of different items to be priced. We were able to design a custom house and get exactly the right result for our block of land.

The best thing about Hotondo Hornsby is their excellent old fashioned personal customer service (meaning wonderful communication). These people are professionals and they know what they are doing. They are nice and they actually care. You are able to speak directly with them every time.There is no admin middle man. There is a family feel and you never feel like a number or just another customer.

All the tradies that Hotondo Hornsby use have a long history with them and all speak very highly of Hotondo Hornsby. I have been able to meet all of the tradies and thank them personally for the amazing job they have done. The build quality is exceeding our expectations.

So far we are very happy and I will write another review after we have moved in which we hope will be before Christmas.

Ingrid. S
Berowra Heights

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Ingrid. S, Thank you very much for the lovely review on your build with our Hotondo Homes Hornsby franchise. We are very pleased to hear that your build is running smoothly and everything seems ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria

Hotondo Torquay (Baines Cres) Brilliant Team - quality, price and timing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2015

The team at Hotondo were fantastic all the way through - during the design phase, both Peter's were very conscious of our requirements from the dwelling but also our budget. They worked very hard to ensure we got a fantastic dwelling aesthetically, quality finishes, comfortable and on budget! Site management was great, the house was ready 3 weeks early! Any issues were promptly resolved through Darren (project) manager and Peter (architect) with ready communication throughout. Final presentation was excellent with nice finishing touches.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Warren, Thank you for the fantastic review! We are glad to hear your building experience with Hotondo Homes Torquay was a great success and the team were happy to help and guide you along the w... read more »

Oh I would add that we were part of the new complete product too (can't remember the terminology) - which meant our fences were completed, driveway, landscaping (if we had chosen), clothesline, mai... read more »

Verified Customer

Fantastic, Flexible, Easy to work with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2015

Building & designing your new home can be daunting but Wayne & Donna and the WHOLE team at Hotondo Homes Wallan made it easy and exciting! Their flexibility , knowledge & experience along side their extensive understanding of the building industry made our experience enjoyable. A standout for me was the ability to take one of their plans & change whatever we wanted to, to suit our lifestyle and there was no additional fees for changes made! We have a home we love & reflects our personalities for us to enjoy. If we where to build again I would definitely use Hotondo Homes Wallan in a heartbeat! They tailor your build to suit you & your budget, nothing was to hard. Thank you again

Drouin

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria

Hotondo Homes really built our dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2015

Hotondo Homes built our house in about 4 months. All the staff who work at Hotondo are wonderful and gave us the time we needed to get what we wanted right. They gave us the guidance when needed as there were some things we forgot (Like plumbing for behind the fridge once we buy a new fridge with ice/water etc) and they didn't charge for the change as we realised this mistake of ours after we signed all the paperwork.
We were able to take our time to decide exact details we wanted in the house. The process to build a house with Hotondo is not very stressful (I was expecting many issues while building a house but Hotondo were great) the staff make sure that at different stages we have a chance to look at the house build in progress and also ask to go in any other time if needed. If we saw something that was not correct e.g.. wrong tiles in the shower, this was rectified straight away with no fuss.
The day we moved in we were given his and her keys with (Welcome Home), a set of towels in the bathroom and a bottle of wine and flowers on the kitchen bench.
Due to the build being so stress free and all the staff at Hotondo Home being so attentive to our needs we felt like we were home the day we moved in. Good vibes from day dot.
Yes there were a couple of issues but they were rectified as soon as we bought them up eg the pipe under the sink had a slow leak so the plumber was contacted ASAP by Hotondo staff and this was fixed. The tap in the kids bathroom was a bit faulty so the plumber replaced that tap. We had a number of tiles on the roof crack due to our decision a year later to get solar panels put up there but Hotondo gave us more tiles to replace the cracked ones.
We have been living in the house for just over 2 years now and we are very happy with our home. Hotondo Homes (in Warragul) were fantastic, I recommend building with them. I do recommend building with them when we speak to anyone planning to build as we have heard some horror stories from other home owners who built with other builders.
Love our home thanks to Hotondo Homes

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are glad to hear your building experience with Hotondo Homes Warragul was a smooth process and the team were happy to help and guide you along the wa... read more »

Hampton

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 6 helpful votes

Build Location: Victoria

Hotondo Hallam - update on earlier review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2015

We did a review in 2013 before our Hotondo Hallam home was completed and nearly 2000 people have read the review. We rated it at 3.00 mostly because of delays. We eventually took possession of the house in March 2014. It seems like a good time for an update.

We have now been in the house for more than 12 months and we feel more positively now about the experience of building with Hotondo Hallam. The design of the house, the general finish and the quality of the build is all that we expected. Pretty much everyone who has visited us has commented on what a beautiful house we have. The follow up by the site supervisor and Hotondo staff has been pretty good. In fact one occasion Darren the site supervisor did some Friday night repairs to the roof in the dark and the rain so that it would be fixed before the weekend.

Despite the comments in our earlier review we would certainly consider building with Hotondo Hallam again if we were to build another house.

Chris and Joan

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Chris and Joan,
Thanks so much for the updated review!
It’s great to hear your home is exactly how you want it and everyone that has visited your place loves it.
We hope you continue to love living in your home.
Kindest regards,
Hotondo Homes

Nowra

Hotondo Southcoast Pty Ltd Nowra

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2015

Building a house for a person who uses a wheelchair is daunting but [Name removed] and his magnificent team attacked the project offering solutions to all my concerns and produced a house far in excess of my expectations. His team, especially the site manager [Name removed], were extremely courteous, empathetic and most of all patient and they went out of their way to ensure I was totally satisfied with every part of the build. Their professionalism is unsurpassed and the attention to detail they showed was amazing which can be seen in the quality of the house they provided for me. After now living in my beautiful house I have not come across anything I would like to have changed which shows the exacting detail they applied during the design phase.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Thank you so much for your review Mainpro! It's great to hear that your home is exactly how you want it. Hotondo Homes builders have so many tips and tricks up their sleeves which comes in very han... read more »

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Hotondo Blue Mountains

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2014

[names removed], C&S Duncan Builders, their team - [names removed] and the rest of the 'behind the scenes' team. This company recently built our beautiful home in Western Sydney, completed mid August 2014. Professional, knowledgeable, efficient and courteous are only a few of the terms I could use. Starting with the tender stage, they were very prompt and knowledgeable and were able to give us a definitive price with no surprises. Other builders took months, Hotondo took a few weeks. We even used a competitors design with a few mods, no dramas for C&S. They helped with the mods and drawings. The build came in ahead of time and on budget, again, no surprises. Even when the bank stuffed up our progress payments, this was not an issue, they totally understood and worked with us.

There was very rarely a day when something was not happening on the building site. I have seen other builders not touch a site for up to a month or even longer. Not C&S. These guys got stuck in and finished the job a month (4 weeks) early. Our contract was for a 196 sqm home to be built in 26 weeks. I cannot praise this company and their team enough. Great finish, no surprises, on budget and ahead of time. This was a first time build for my wife and I. My wife loves her new home and you cannot wipe the smile off her face. Take note fellas, happy wife happy life. If I was to build another home, Hotondo would be the first company I would call. Thanks again [names removed]. We love our new home.

Paul and Jo

P.S - our friends and neighbours love the timber look tiles that Colin got for us at a bargain price.

5 of 9 pages