Filter By:

My Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2016

I choose Hotondo Homes because of the friendly reception I received when walking into the office, everyone was so helpful. I found the workmanship to be of an excellent standard, the builders always checked work that they had completed and always notified me if they felt there any changes made to be made. I feel that the build was managed very well, it was built to schedule and the communication I received was of good standard.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great building experience and we hope you love living in your new home.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

As a single woman deciding to build a home seemed a huge task so finding a reliable trustworthy builder was important. That's what I found in Hotondo Homes Port Lincoln. Their face to face customer service was second to none. They explained detailed information well and had prompt reliable service with good quality workmanship and my home was build in good time. Thank you.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Sims,
We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Port Lincoln. Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes and we hope you love living in your new home.

Great build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

As a First home builder I was very pleased with the level of help and flexibility I received from Ian and Glenda during the planning stages. Also for the help that I received from Sara while going through all of the selections which made things easier, and for answering the many questions that I had. The outcome is a home that I am very pleased with. Thank you.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Truckiejas, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased you had such a pleasant experience with Ian, Glenda and the team. Building your first home is such an exciting t... read more »

Duckling to Swan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

Delighted with the quality of finish of works and the overall result of our renovation project. Importantly the company operated in an inclusive and collaborative manner which allowed us a sense of involvement and participation throughout the process.
Professional, communicative and competent organization in all aspects of our interactions from design stage through construction to handover. No hesitation in recommending.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi POB893,
We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Hotondo Homes in Torquay. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you love your new Hotondo Home!
Kind Regards,

Harrington Park

• 5 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales

Hotondo MacArthur Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

We have just finished a build with Hotondo homes in the Harrington Park area, although the build did start well the lack of communication from supervisor to client was non existent, I found myself calling the supervisor weekly asking for updates.
Mid way through the build is where the majority of the issues happened. We were continuously delayed by waterproofers and tilers only to be advised by the supervisor weekly that the trades were booked in and than to be let down was quiet frustrating. After raising concerns continuously with the supervisor with no result I seek further assurances that my issues will be raised and atleast considered with the owner of the MacArthur franchise, his dealings with myself onsite I found him to be quiet arrogant, dismissive and down right disrespectful to his clients needs and at one stage telling myself to grab a paint brush and paint the downpipes in which I was not happy with the quality of only being only half painted, again the communication from the owner was disgraceful and to go with it a bad attitude.
Here is a list of just a few issues we have with our Hotondo home:
-Quality of brickwork and compliance issues
-round downpipes being painted as close as possible to brick work leaving white unfinished pvc pipe visible.
-Bedroom doors and robes binding on carpet
-internal garage door still not installed.
-broken electrical box lid.
-defective painting throughout home inclusive of plasterboard patching and joints in ceiling.
-Discontinued stone in kitchen. Having to downgrade, I spent endless weeks searching for stone without the help of the supervisor at all.
- kitchen bench has been built to high. Our freestanding oven is to low and sits lower than stone.
- kick boards to kitchen not cut to size for installation.
- scratches/chips to aluminum Windows
- Cleansliness of home, final clean was messy at best. Instead of cleaners returning to site the supervisor and owner returned to clean the home to leave just as bad.

In conclusion I would not recommend Hotondo homes to anybody, in our dealings we have found them to be disgraceful with the lack of communication, empathy, attitude towards myself and wife, the lack of finishing details provided to us with certain things within the home and the fact it took 9.5 months to build a single story home with no landscape, driveway or finished floors within the home showed Hotondos lack of time management and unprofessionalism.

Do not use HOTONDO MACARTHUR!!

Daniel.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Daniel, We're sorry to hear about your negative experience with the team from Macarthur. We do take this kind of feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this further. Please contact o... read more »

Hi,
I have contacted head office approx 1 month ago. I did not recieve one return phone call from you guys.

Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Daniel, We’ve looked into this matter and our records show the builder contacted you on the day you raised a concern with the Support Office. Our builder has met with you on several occasions i... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia

Outstanding! Hotondo won't disappoint!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2016

It was the 1st time that we built. We decided to go with Hotondo homes because they took the hard work out of building. They had all the contacts with all the suppliers and all we had to do was just rock up and decide what house to build. Glenda and Ian were up front, easy to talk to and very professional. Chelsea, our sales and colour consultant was amazing. She helped us through every choice and was very patient when I asked a billion questions. The construction began in July 2014 and two days before Christmas we got the keys and moved in. Ian and Glenda took the time to tell us about every part of the construction stage and when things would be done. There was no stress and I can't believe how easy it was. We are extremely happy with our home. The workmanship is excellent and I have no complaints. I would use Hotondo homes again if I was ever to build again and I am always saying to everyone how fabulous Hotondo are and what a great experience we had with them. Thanks so much.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Cazgray, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive, lasting impression of Glenda, Ian, Chelsea and the team in Port Lincoln. We hope yo... read more »

Hotondo Homes review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

This was the first time building and it was a great learning experience. The quality of the house is amazing, the time frame given to move into the house was great we had our hand over a month prior to the actual date and have not had any problems since moving in. The sales consultant at Hotondo Homes in Port Lincoln at the time "Tahlia" was excellent to work with she was so professional, helpful and friendly.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Antoinette,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive first build experience with our Port Lincoln team. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Fantastic customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

We decided to go through hotondo homes as they had great customer service and management, they were a great help when it came to picking a house design in our budget and also supportive of any changes we wanted to make to the house throughout the build.
I could call them at any time during working hours to ask them any questions.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Nomze,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive customer service experience with our builders. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Fantastic Value from Hotondo Homes Port Lincoln

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

Excellent workmanship and a great quality buy from the team at Heath Home Building Port Lincoln. Fantastic experience from start to finish. Changed a few things on the design and had no problems what so ever. Would and have highly recommended to my friends and family. Also they were fantastic on the follow up calls and emails to make sure every thing is going okay. Thanks very much!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Azza,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive experience with the team in Port Lincoln. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Lara

• 1 helpful vote

Hotondo Homes - Lara

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

Michael from Hotondo Homes in Lara was invaluable in helping us through our first build. He was transparent, honest, understanding and clearly communicated to us every step of the way! There were no sneaky costs or adgendas and we felt he had our best interests at heart in delivering us a fantastic home. He listened to what we wanted, took the time to explain things we were unsure, and went above and beyond to deliver. He was always friendly, open and flagged issues immediately before they became a problem. He made sure his trades were accountable for both the quality of work, tidiness of the work site and delivering on schedule. He always updated us on progress by giving us a quick call, regularly arranged site inspections and often sent through photos to fill us in on some of the big milestones. The quality of finishes was beyond our expectations. His attention to detail resulted in a beautiful home, of a very high standard, within our budget and time frame. Even after the build the customer service was maintained with him promptly actioning any tasks involved in the settling of the house. We have heard many horror stories about building houses but Michael made it so easy. I could not recommend Michael more as a builder.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Renae,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had a such a great first build with Michael from Lara. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Beachfront knock down & rebuild, Port Lincoln

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2016

Residing in Darwin, with one visit to Port Lincoln Hotondo, the use of internet, email and assistance from Ian Glenda and all the team, we were able to build a new two story house, replacing our 60 year old shack on the seaside at Tulka. They went out of their way to ensure the house satisfied requirements from the local council, complied with gov regulations and kept the neighbours happy during the knock down and re-build. There were a few times we thought things were not going right but any issue was quickly resolved with minimum of fuss. Workmanship from individual tradies and contractors resulted in an excellent final product, which will last a lifetime, that has been built to suit our lifestyle and retirement. We are more than please with the result which allows us to spend the summer months on the sea front down south and the winter up north in the tropics.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Nev, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had a such a positive experience with Ian, Glenda and the team in Port Lincoln. We hope you can now relax and ... read more »

Our amazing Hotondo home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2016

Workmanship and build quality is fantastic, all of the tradesman were very friendly and helpful. As this was our first build, we had lots of questions along the way and they were all answered by Frank and his tradesmen in plain language that was easy to understand.
The build was managed very well and very efficiently by David and Frank. The only exception was the spreading of fill in front of the garage, just before lots of rain.
Customer service from Frank & Sandra Miccio was excellent and very helpful at every stage of the process.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Rob,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with Frank and Sandra from Corowa. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Sunshine coast

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland

Dodgy builder and poor franchise management

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

Build workmanship and quality was terrible, in fact deemed defective by QBCC with 24 separate repairs required. Franchisee builder went broke as Hotondo did no checks prior to allocating franchise and builder had licensed cancelled 8 times previously. Hotondo wiped everyone that was building with them and provided no support or customer service when they were fully involved with the franchised builder. A terrible experience building with a franchise that offers no certainty or security purchasing through them.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Pcow, We're sorry to hear about your negative experience with a previous franchisee. We take negative feedback very seriously, so if you would like to discuss this further please email customer... read more »

2 years later I am still trying to get my house certified through Council. Hotondo kindly phoned me after this review to provide fruitless advice about ringing the statebuilding commission and they... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria

A fantastic experience from start to finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2016

We were fortunate enough to select Hotondo Melton to build our new home in Kyneton. Darren and his team made everything so easy for us! Communication, timing of the build and the finished product were all excellent. The project manager was prompt, polite and had a 'can do' attitude. We would not hesitate to use Hotondo Melton for a future building project!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Sonya,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased to hear you had a great experience with Darren and the team from Melton. We hope you love living in your new home!

Kind Regards,

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia

Our dream came true with this house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

First thing I liked about building in Whyalla with Hotondo Homes was we had a 'fixed price' - which was true to its word - Good communication with Graeme and his staff throughout the build. Could not fault the workmanship with the house. Unable to find any faults after being in the house for 3 months except problem with the roller door but was fixed within a few days. Would recommend to anyone to have Hotondo Homes -Port Pirie - to build your house. You will be please with your home.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Bob,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're pleased to hear you had such a great experience with Graeme and the team from Port Pirie. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia

Hotondo Port Pirie are Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2016

We built with Hotondo Port Pirie in 2013. We had a fabulous build experience. Communication was brilliant, nothing was too small or too hard. The build quality surpasses all those around us (new division). Local tradies were used, so the $$ stayed in our regional area. After service has been brilliant, even 2.5 years on. We would build with them again but we don't need to!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Tegan, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a fantastic experience with the team in Port Pirie It's great to see they've left such an amazing ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland

Our first brand new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2016

Our experience with Hotondo Homes has been great all the way thru. From the first day we met with Chris and Mary to discuss the process we have felt comfortable, and if at any time we had any concerns they allayed them very quickly.
The subbies were all great to deal with checking our requirements were being met at every stage. One special mention to Peter the painter, a rare breed in these modern times; Peter is a perfectionist and should be proud of the work he does.
I would recommend Hotondo Homes and Chris Dodt and his team to anyone thinking of building a new home, they truly are a great find.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Chappo, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased to hear you had such a fantastic experience with Chris and the team from Gympie. We hope you enjoy living in your b... read more »

Love my new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2016

This is my dream home come true, I was so impressed with the support I was given when designing the plan and layout of my home, any changes were not a problem to get the look I wanted to achieve. The standard and workmanship is of high standard, I have no hesitation to recommend Hotondo Shepparton to build your next home, Col and Sue and their staff delivered on every aspect. Thanks so much!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Leanne,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear Col and Sue were able to build your dream home! Thank you for your strong recommendation and we hope you love living in your new home.

Geelong vic

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Cannot beat Hotondo Homes Lara

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2016

We could have not been happier from the time of signing up with Hotondo homes in Lara. With Michael being our 'home builder - manager' it has been such a breeze and has made the process so easy and smooth. He is so professional & dedicated to what he does and ensures that us, as clients are 100% satisfied with everything! We have been fully informed about every little stage that our home is going through, constant emails, calls, updates and the building has kept to schedule! We cannot speak more highly of Michael's work throughout this process and encourage anyone thinking of building to give Hotondo Lara a call to take the stress out of building a quality home! We cant wait to see the finished product! Thank you!

September 6th 2016 Update: Hotondo home - house completion

After only 4 months our Hotondo home was completed in Mount Duneed. Not 1 hold up, no problems experienced at all. We are just so impressed with the build by Hotondo and the work of our project manager to ensure everything went to schedule and was completed on time and the quality was there throughout. We could not fault any stage or quality of our build. Any queries we had were promptly answered by Michael and never was a problem to offer advice or help us though anything we were unsure of - always going above and beyond. If building was always this easy we would do it again tomorrow! Thank you so much to our fantastic project manager Michael (from Lara) and the rest of the hotondo team/trades for everything you have done from start to finish to complete our home we could not be happier.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Dear Ralsal, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes in Lara. We're so pleased to hear your experience with Michael has been so breezy and stress-free. We're looking forward to seein... read more »

Newcastle

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales

Hotondo Port Stephens

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2016

Hello,
My husband and I just wanted to give a shoutout and express our thanks and gratitude to the team at Hotondo Port Stephens.
We are due to take possession of our home on Monday and we couldn't be more excited.
From the second we walked into the display home and spoke to Paul, we knew these guys were a good fit for us. We had also looked at other companies but were put off by how impersonal the experience was. Paul was open and honest about the company and what they could deliver. He is a warm and knowledgable person and is an irreplaceable asset to this franchise.
Like all growing companies, they are not without fault and for a brief moment we experienced some small frustrations around communication.
However, we have watched Jason develop a wonderful team throughout our build and think he should be very proud of their hard work. In particular, Jaimie and Maddy who have been great to speak with despite the fact that we've been slightly clueless at times.
Keep up the great work guys.
Cheers,
Alison and Aaron.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Alison and Aaron,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Port Stephens. We hope you love living in your new home.

5 of 10 pages