Filter By:

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Too expensive and unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

Paid $4400 for a tender from Hotondo Homes in Nowra only to come up with a ball point figure of well above what my expectations were. I had asked for an itemised tender when the manager said that they never give itemised tenders and that it will take too long. Well I did wait up to 5 months for this and they came up with a ball point figure?????. Something which I find odd as every builder
the years do itemise their tender and so it should be if in case you feel it can be reduced at certain point to suit your budget.
I find this to be unprofessional. And to tell me at my last meeting with the Manager that I will make a lot of money on this, is really none of his damn dam business whether I sell now or in the future!
Well, at the end of the day none of us are going to "make a lot of money on this" as my bank wouldn't lend me their construction cost. So who is the smart one on this one ???

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Michele, Thanks for getting in contact with us. Our records show the builder discussed the project with you in regards to your specifications in detail. The team offered alternative solutions ... read more »

That is incorrect. I wanted remove from the tender cost was the landscaping and the driveway and the reduction cost given to me was a figure of only $11,000 when the driveway itself would have be... read more »

point boston, south australia

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Well done Hotondo Team in Port Lincoln

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2016

My wife and I have just moved into our new home at Point Boston which is about 15 km out of Port Lincoln we were extremely happy with the Hotondo team of Ian Glenda and Sara the house plans were radically modified and it was exactly as we envisaged. The final cost was great and we had several changes made which were overlooked in the initial planning. The quality of the build was exceptional with several major hurdles being worked out. We would highly recommend Hotondo homes if you are considering building.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Robert,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. It's great to hear your experience with Ian, Glenda and Sara was so fantastic. We hope you enjoy living in your new Hotondo Home for many years to come!

Warragul

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2016

Want a Quality Home? Build with Hotondo Homes Warragul.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2016

Why we chose Hotondo Homes Warragul
We had several meetings with various builders on our road to finding the right one, often leaving meetings with more questions than answers. After our initial meeting with Jeff at Hotondo Homes Warragul we now knew we would build a Hotondo Home. Jeff was clear and precise to deal with, we had a sense this would be a stress free experience.
Planning Stage
During the planning stage we were given all the time and meetings we needed to design our dream home. All options, requests and Builder advise was given. We knew what our final contract price was and what was included and what was not all along. This made the whole process stress free and enjoyable.
Building Stage
Due to the planning stage being so thorough the building stage was fantastic and again stress free. We had one supervisor, Dave, through the whole build. He was contactable and easy to deal with. We had a few requests during build stage that were addressed without any dramas that Dave helped with. Build time was great, 4- 5 months including Christmas as we were building through that time. Quality of Build was second to none. There are several things you get when building with Hotondo Homes Warragul that you don’t get when dealing with the other large project builders. Like flooring laid under skirting boards, just to mention one of many. Structurally built square with quality products. This makes for a first class home that will last for decades to come. We love our home and have now been in for eight months without any movement issues at all.
Handover
We were given notice when handover was due and it went ahead on the day promised. We had all the time to inspect our home prior to handover and any last minute request were dealt with quickly and professionally. Everything that was in our contract and our inclusions were all done to plan. We were guided through the ins and outs of our new home and handed the keys. It was a great moment.
3 Months maintenance
The 3 months’ maintenance was done on time. There wasn’t much at all to address, just a few doors had dropped and loose plumbing fixtures. Which were all fixed. The only small negative is not all things were addressed or signed off. We required a small piece of flashing fitted to a window frame to tidy up an exposed section. I asked for this to be done during build, handover and 3 months but was never done. It’s a shame because it’s such a small thing that’s hardly noticeable, but I know it’s there.
Summary
Over all we are more than happy with the whole building experience with Hotondo Homes Warragul. We absolutely love our Hotondo Home. If you want a quality build without the stress and confusion, build with Hotondo Homes Warragul!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Evshez28, Thank you for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased to hear you had such an amazing experience with the team from Warragul. Your new home sounds absolutely fantast... read more »

Thanks again to Hotondo Homes, I just wanted to note that the missing flashing to the window has now been fitted, Great customer service to have this small issue rectified, Thanks.
From evshez28

Hunter Valley

• 2 comments
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Oct 2015

Terrible, terrible, terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Very dissapointing experience. All potential customers should be aware that your contract is with the franchise builder for the area not Hotondo. Our builder, left the area mid way through our build and did not renew franchise. We contacted Hotondo and while they did try and contact the builder they had no effect and that was all they did, no other assitance was provided. Would recommend going with a large builder eg Mac Jones, Metricon etc. One name to be protected and contract directly with the company.

Fair Trading unable to assist - builder licence not renewed so cannot under take work now anyway.

90% of our defect items remain incomplete - despite many of these being included on 2 independent reports from [name removed].

Workman ship build quality - structure ok - finishing poor

Build management - very poor. Builder dis organised tried to blame sub contractors/others. Very poor communications and dishonest not/up front

Service and support - virtually non existent.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Geoff, We're sorry to hear about your experience. This builder is no longer part of Hotondo Homes and as the company has been deregistered, you can now make a claim against home warranty insura... read more »

We have spoken with hotondo on two separate occasions already regarding this and no help can be provided. We have already prepared and submitted our claim with home warranty insurance some time ago... read more »

Communication issues

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

We recently built with Hotondo Hallam as we liked the display home we saw. The process was mostly smooth, however, a few issues marred the experience.

We are very happy with the quality of the house built. Tim & Marg were really flexible and helpful with bringing our dream home to life. However, communication was poor especially at the beginning but this improved towards the later part of the build.

A few things to highlight. As we were first timers in home building, we would have appreciated more information and consultation. As it is, we ended up with a retaining wall that we do not like - had we been given visuals and options, this issue would not have arisen.

Another major issue was the size of the alfresco. We had specified that the house was to be as per the display home apart from some changes we specified. We assumed that the alfresco would therefore be the same. However, when we saw it being built, there were 3 pillars rather than 2. Turns out this was on the plan but we missed it. At no point were we expressly informed that the alfresco would be different from the display home. Hence it had three brick columns instead of two, and the columns themselves were larger than the display home ones, which significantly cut off the view of the backyard. Ultimately we were able to compromise and turn the third column into just a wooden post, but this variation should have been highlighted to us at the very beginning.

Our heating zones were also not done to our specification.

Apart from these issues, there were a few other things but Hotondo Hallam fixed them up which we appreciate. The build itself went smoothly and quickly. We were notified of any changes that needed to be made, and the site supervisor was great in providing suggestions for a better result.

We moved in a couple of months ago, and have a few small issues to sort out. Things tend to happen slowly at this stage and several times, we had to chase up to get things fixed. Lots of emails going back and forth before things are resolved. Getting a quote on a required fix takes far longer than expected - this should be done within days, not weeks.

Overall however, we are happy with our new home, and would build with Hotondo Hallam again. Would have given them five stars apart from the issues mentioned above.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Skaur, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're pleased to hear you're happy with your home and your overall experience. We definitely take on your feedback in regards to commu... read more »

Hotondo Homes Wallan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

The quality of our build was exceptional. The fact that they took there time ensured us that things were getting done correctly and with care which was super important to us. We were made to feel apart of the whole build process and were kept up to date with every step. When we had questions Waydon Builders did everything they could to get them answered . The level of customer service we received was again exceptional, they made our process as smooth and easy as possible. We had spoken to many other builders/consultants but were very daunted with the experience until sitting down with the guys at Waydon Builders. We already cant wait to build again with them. We have referred two of our friends to them who have since gone ahead and built, both happy with their experiences too. Thanks again guys

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Terri, Thanks for your fantastic review. We're so glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team in Wallan. Thank you for your referring us on to your friends and we hope you love l... read more »

Port Lincoln, South Australia

Hotondo Homes, Port Lincoln SA

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

Our home was built in May 2014, customer service was excellent and it was a speedy and carefree process.
Only complaint would be that our house slab is not quite 'square' where we have had to compensate when doing paving outside along the house. Hearing more of our options to do with additions would have been great too.
Builder allowed us to have our own tiler and roofer also which was great for budget!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Amandapaige,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you were pleased with the service provided by the Port Lincoln team. Thank you for your feedback, we'll pass this on to the team.

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria

What a Fantastic Team - Hotondo Homes Torquay Vic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2016

What a Great building experience. Thanks to all the team members at Hotondo Torquay. From the time we bought the block to completion we found Hotondo to be very helpful and the quality of work was excellent. The whole building experience was trouble free and very exciting. We also love the design of our home.
We would not hesitate in recommending Hotondo Torquay to do your next building project.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi BriSan, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with our team from Torquay. Thank you for the great recommendation. We hope you l... read more »

My Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2016

I choose Hotondo Homes because of the friendly reception I received when walking into the office, everyone was so helpful. I found the workmanship to be of an excellent standard, the builders always checked work that they had completed and always notified me if they felt there any changes made to be made. I feel that the build was managed very well, it was built to schedule and the communication I received was of good standard.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're glad to hear you had such a great building experience and we hope you love living in your new home.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

As a single woman deciding to build a home seemed a huge task so finding a reliable trustworthy builder was important. That's what I found in Hotondo Homes Port Lincoln. Their face to face customer service was second to none. They explained detailed information well and had prompt reliable service with good quality workmanship and my home was build in good time. Thank you.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Sims,
We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Port Lincoln. Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes and we hope you love living in your new home.

Great build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

As a First home builder I was very pleased with the level of help and flexibility I received from Ian and Glenda during the planning stages. Also for the help that I received from Sara while going through all of the selections which made things easier, and for answering the many questions that I had. The outcome is a home that I am very pleased with. Thank you.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Truckiejas, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so pleased you had such a pleasant experience with Ian, Glenda and the team. Building your first home is such an exciting t... read more »

Duckling to Swan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

Delighted with the quality of finish of works and the overall result of our renovation project. Importantly the company operated in an inclusive and collaborative manner which allowed us a sense of involvement and participation throughout the process.
Professional, communicative and competent organization in all aspects of our interactions from design stage through construction to handover. No hesitation in recommending.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi POB893,
We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with the team from Hotondo Homes in Torquay. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you love your new Hotondo Home!
Kind Regards,

Harrington Park

• 1 review
  • 5 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales

Hotondo MacArthur Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

We have just finished a build with Hotondo homes in the Harrington Park area, although the build did start well the lack of communication from supervisor to client was non existent, I found myself calling the supervisor weekly asking for updates.
Mid way through the build is where the majority of the issues happened. We were continuously delayed by waterproofers and tilers only to be advised by the supervisor weekly that the trades were booked in and than to be let down was quiet frustrating. After raising concerns continuously with the supervisor with no result I seek further assurances that my issues will be raised and atleast considered with the owner of the MacArthur franchise, his dealings with myself onsite I found him to be quiet arrogant, dismissive and down right disrespectful to his clients needs and at one stage telling myself to grab a paint brush and paint the downpipes in which I was not happy with the quality of only being only half painted, again the communication from the owner was disgraceful and to go with it a bad attitude.
Here is a list of just a few issues we have with our Hotondo home:
-Quality of brickwork and compliance issues
-round downpipes being painted as close as possible to brick work leaving white unfinished pvc pipe visible.
-Bedroom doors and robes binding on carpet
-internal garage door still not installed.
-broken electrical box lid.
-defective painting throughout home inclusive of plasterboard patching and joints in ceiling.
-Discontinued stone in kitchen. Having to downgrade, I spent endless weeks searching for stone without the help of the supervisor at all.
- kitchen bench has been built to high. Our freestanding oven is to low and sits lower than stone.
- kick boards to kitchen not cut to size for installation.
- scratches/chips to aluminum Windows
- Cleansliness of home, final clean was messy at best. Instead of cleaners returning to site the supervisor and owner returned to clean the home to leave just as bad.

In conclusion I would not recommend Hotondo homes to anybody, in our dealings we have found them to be disgraceful with the lack of communication, empathy, attitude towards myself and wife, the lack of finishing details provided to us with certain things within the home and the fact it took 9.5 months to build a single story home with no landscape, driveway or finished floors within the home showed Hotondos lack of time management and unprofessionalism.

Do not use HOTONDO MACARTHUR!!

Daniel.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Daniel, We're sorry to hear about your negative experience with the team from Macarthur. We do take this kind of feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this further. Please contact o... read more »

Hi,
I have contacted head office approx 1 month ago. I did not recieve one return phone call from you guys.

Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Daniel, We’ve looked into this matter and our records show the builder contacted you on the day you raised a concern with the Support Office. Our builder has met with you on several occasions i... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia

Outstanding! Hotondo won't disappoint!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2016

It was the 1st time that we built. We decided to go with Hotondo homes because they took the hard work out of building. They had all the contacts with all the suppliers and all we had to do was just rock up and decide what house to build. Glenda and Ian were up front, easy to talk to and very professional. Chelsea, our sales and colour consultant was amazing. She helped us through every choice and was very patient when I asked a billion questions. The construction began in July 2014 and two days before Christmas we got the keys and moved in. Ian and Glenda took the time to tell us about every part of the construction stage and when things would be done. There was no stress and I can't believe how easy it was. We are extremely happy with our home. The workmanship is excellent and I have no complaints. I would use Hotondo homes again if I was ever to build again and I am always saying to everyone how fabulous Hotondo are and what a great experience we had with them. Thanks so much.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Cazgray, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive, lasting impression of Glenda, Ian, Chelsea and the team in Port Lincoln. We hope yo... read more »

Hotondo Homes review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

This was the first time building and it was a great learning experience. The quality of the house is amazing, the time frame given to move into the house was great we had our hand over a month prior to the actual date and have not had any problems since moving in. The sales consultant at Hotondo Homes in Port Lincoln at the time "Tahlia" was excellent to work with she was so professional, helpful and friendly.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Antoinette,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive first build experience with our Port Lincoln team. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Fantastic customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

We decided to go through hotondo homes as they had great customer service and management, they were a great help when it came to picking a house design in our budget and also supportive of any changes we wanted to make to the house throughout the build.
I could call them at any time during working hours to ask them any questions.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Nomze,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive customer service experience with our builders. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Fantastic Value from Hotondo Homes Port Lincoln

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

Excellent workmanship and a great quality buy from the team at Heath Home Building Port Lincoln. Fantastic experience from start to finish. Changed a few things on the design and had no problems what so ever. Would and have highly recommended to my friends and family. Also they were fantastic on the follow up calls and emails to make sure every thing is going okay. Thanks very much!

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Azza,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive experience with the team in Port Lincoln. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Lara

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Hotondo Homes - Lara

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

Michael from Hotondo Homes in Lara was invaluable in helping us through our first build. He was transparent, honest, understanding and clearly communicated to us every step of the way! There were no sneaky costs or adgendas and we felt he had our best interests at heart in delivering us a fantastic home. He listened to what we wanted, took the time to explain things we were unsure, and went above and beyond to deliver. He was always friendly, open and flagged issues immediately before they became a problem. He made sure his trades were accountable for both the quality of work, tidiness of the work site and delivering on schedule. He always updated us on progress by giving us a quick call, regularly arranged site inspections and often sent through photos to fill us in on some of the big milestones. The quality of finishes was beyond our expectations. His attention to detail resulted in a beautiful home, of a very high standard, within our budget and time frame. Even after the build the customer service was maintained with him promptly actioning any tasks involved in the settling of the house. We have heard many horror stories about building houses but Michael made it so easy. I could not recommend Michael more as a builder.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Renae,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We are so happy to hear you had a such a great first build with Michael from Lara. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

Beachfront knock down & rebuild, Port Lincoln

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2016

Residing in Darwin, with one visit to Port Lincoln Hotondo, the use of internet, email and assistance from Ian Glenda and all the team, we were able to build a new two story house, replacing our 60 year old shack on the seaside at Tulka. They went out of their way to ensure the house satisfied requirements from the local council, complied with gov regulations and kept the neighbours happy during the knock down and re-build. There were a few times we thought things were not going right but any issue was quickly resolved with minimum of fuss. Workmanship from individual tradies and contractors resulted in an excellent final product, which will last a lifetime, that has been built to suit our lifestyle and retirement. We are more than please with the result which allows us to spend the summer months on the sea front down south and the winter up north in the tropics.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Nev, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had a such a positive experience with Ian, Glenda and the team in Port Lincoln. We hope you can now relax and ... read more »

Our amazing Hotondo home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2016

Workmanship and build quality is fantastic, all of the tradesman were very friendly and helpful. As this was our first build, we had lots of questions along the way and they were all answered by Frank and his tradesmen in plain language that was easy to understand.
The build was managed very well and very efficiently by David and Frank. The only exception was the spreading of fill in front of the garage, just before lots of rain.
Customer service from Frank & Sandra Miccio was excellent and very helpful at every stage of the process.

Comments
Hotondo Homes Official

Hi Rob,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotondo Homes. We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with Frank and Sandra from Corowa. We hope you love living in your new Hotondo Home!

5 of 10 pages

Any info on Hotondo Homes Port Macquarie? Looking to build with them

Kerrie asked on Oct 01, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kerrie
My Wife and I built with the Port Macquarie Hotondo Homes team and completed earlier in the year..
From our first contact with them we were made to feel welcome & valued, even in the early stages when were were simply comparing house plans & costings.
Dean was very friendly and knowledgeable explaining different house plans, potential costs as well as all the inclusions that Hotondo offered & was more than happy to answer our many questions.
We really value the integrity demonstrated by the Hotondo Port Macquarie team. We’d heard some horror stories about building projects with blown out or hidden costs and lengthy build times. Our gorgeous home was ready on time, and importantly, on budget.
It was no problem for Dean to meet us on our block to peg out the design we had chosen & this allowed us to plan our yard and landscaping.
To see Hotondo’s building process made it an easy decision for us to ask them to build our new home, being a local family business was important for us as well, dealing with owners with a care factor all the way through. Upon deciding to go ahead, Dean shook my hand and said “welcome to the team”
We were kept up to date with the progress of our build from Fiona, Dean and Andrew every step of the way. With regular inspections on site with the team.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stress free build & would not hesitate in highly recommending Hotondo Port Macquarie to anyone looking for a new home.
Since completion I have encountered many more of their clientele and all are equally happy as my Wife and I

Hi Kerrie,
We have not long completed our build with Port Macquarie Hotondo homes. The finishes in their display home and approachability is what got our attention initially when we were looking through the display village. We have found the whole team great to work with over the building journey and they were quite happy to answer all our questions and queries along the way. They assisted us making connections in the community to enable us to landscape shortly after the build. When we needed to change things they happily worked with us to achieve the end result. The progress was smooth through the build, was to the expected length of time as well and we had no surprise costs. We were able to build a house we are thoroughly happy with and greatly recommend them to you. The biggest thing for us is they seem passionate about their builds, proud of their work and the service after handover has been impeccable.

Thank you so much Sharlene, it is nice to know.

Kerrie

Has anyone built a house with Hotondo Tamworth?

Anju asked on Aug 31, 2018

Do you build in Apollo bay Victoria?

John asked on Aug 25, 2018

Answer this

Hi John,
Yes we do. Peter and Kerri Scott are the local builders. You can find out more about them and their team by visiting https://hotondo.com.au/home-builders/torquay
Hope that helps!