FRANKSTON

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 46 helpful votes
Private message

Quick delivery, great items all well packaged

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I recently placed an order with House during their sale and was extremely happy with the products I received. I ordered 5 x large coffee mugs, 2 x pudding bowls, 1 x mixing bowl, set of 6 steak knives and a wok for only $90 all delivered to my door within 3 days of placing my order! The products were all very good quality and extremely well packaged (unlike other online stores I've dealt with) so everything arrived safely in one piece. I'm very happy with my order, I hate going to the stores to shop in the crowds but LOVE online shopping so you've won me House I'll be back!

re no refunds policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I purchased a can opener for $25 from House in Innaloo WA, then saw exactly the same item at Woolworths for $16. Tried to get a refund from House the next day to no avail. Their no refund policy is not advertised anywhere in the store. $9 is an exorbitant markup from store to store. I Will never shop there again !!!!!

No refunds for in-store purchases

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Purchased a Baccarat fry-pan @ $100.00 at House Malvern Central. Later did website review on the product and found that it did not have a good rating. Took it back to House expecting a refund - but they refused. Was told that their return policy is on their website! They had no signage in -store, nor did the sales person state their policy. Their receipt states "For refunds & exchange policy, please refer to our website". This almost suggests they do have a refund policy. I would expect a large chain like House to be more accommodating. Now I have a $100 gift voucher and don't really want to go back to House to spend it. Now, as consumers, we have to visit a website to read their policy before purchasing a product. Takes the spontaneity out of shopping.

bought a stainless steel herb scissor rusted on second day

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

i am not satisfied with the house staff totally inconsiderate and horrible. because i bought an oxo stainless steel herb scissor and it says satisfaction guaranteed. but it started rusting on day two and i returned to the store. the staff didn’t refund me.

Deceptive and Misleading Advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

On 2 Jan 19 I was in the House store at the Chermside Shopping Centre and noticed their range of 'IROCK' cookware was advertised at 50% off. I selected a number of pans to purchase and took them to the counter to pay. The person at the register told me that the items were not on sale but were full price. I pointed out to her that they were still advertised as 50% off and pointed to the huge signs with the advertised discount directly over the items I wanted, however, she still refused to honour the advertised price. The cashier then just looked past me to the next customer and said "next". As we were leaving I took a photo of the sign advertising the 50% off sale price. A few minutes later I returned to the store and asked to speak with the manager. I explained to the manager what the situation was and to her credit, she honoured the sale price. This is deceptive advertising and is not legal and (as well as the dismissive attitude of the cashier) has left a very sour taste in both my wife's and my mouth. I have tried to seek a resolution from their website asking them to explain to me why I should not report this to the Office of Fair Trading, Qld, however, I have heard nothing in response. Be very wary of any advertised discounts House offers you to entice you into their stores as my experience is that they will not honour them unless you force the issue with a manager.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Taking forever for a refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Posted the order back on 24th November. Was promised 4-5 business days to receive the refund, and it is now 6 WEEKS later....Tried to contact them multiple times, they stopped replying to my email, last I heard back from the lady I emailed was 10/12/2018, I've also called through 4 times each time being promised they will process this with priority... Never have I ever needed to chase up a refund like this. Such a disappointing online experience, also stopping me from entering your stores again.

Private message

Not happy. Don't buy anything from House.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

No refund on change of mind.
I really shocked when received a gift card back. When I asked the sales lady, " I didn't see anything show that policy on the receipt or on the store". She said " You can look at online" . I bought in store why i must look back online to the policy of House?
Never go back again.

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Ordered last tuesday, still waiting.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

10 phone calls later, still waiting on a refund or the product to arrive.

4 suitcase sets and we leave very soon. I am beyond upset and will never shop again.

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 18 helpful votes
Private message

Zero customer service - borderline deceptive staff and policies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

Tried to return items that were still wrapped as per when bought as we realised they weren't suitable for what we needed after all.
The store refused to provide a refund on the products, and were not particularly polite about it.
When we purchased, the (same) sales rep could very clearly see we were unsure about whether it would be suitable, but never once mentioned the no-refund policy!
There are no readily visible signs anywhere near the POS to say they will not refund (unlike most decent businesses in this country!)

Looked it up on the main website, and can see they have a policy if you buy in store they won't refund for what they deem to be 'change of mind'.
Have spent A LOT of money on overpriced items in this store over the years for personal and business items (restaurant) but will now not continue to do so. As a business owner, I believe the measure of a business is in how they handle issues. They have not handled this well at all.
Tried to contact HQ to discuss - no response at all at first, then a short message in the vein of 'not our problem'. They really cannot say or do more to show they don't care about repeat business or retaining loyal customers. Businesses like these are why bricks & mortar retailers are having tougher and tougher times.

Poor policies + poor customer service = go elsewhere.

Moe

Private message

Product was not the same as advertised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Ordered a 4L casserole dish but received a 3L dish, emailed them to let them know of the error and told them we could arrange a pickup of the correct item at one of our local stores but never received a reply. With poor customer service I would never again order online or frequent one of their stores. Very dissapointing customer service.

St Peters

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Product did not match Online Description but they refused to admit it! - TERRIBLE customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Bought a product, and when arrived did not match picture or description. Even though it was hugely obvious, they wouldn't admit it and considered it a change of mind. Their exact words - "The warehouse guy said it looked the same". Managed to get a refund after threatening to contact Fair Trading (Assuming they get a few through there!) but they still didn't pay postage costs. Very Rude customer service, so many more professional online shops.

Deception Bay

• 24 comments
  • 31 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Sent wrong item, won't talk to me about it.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I ordered two knives and one received was wrong. I called and was told they couldn't help me as I had to email. I emailed and am still awaiting a reply.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

A week later and their response is disappointing. I have to send my product back to them and despite it being traceable they won't release what I actually paid for until its processed through their... read more »

It is now a month since I paid and still no product

Today I receive my order... finally.. and I open the package to discover that they fools have sent me back the same incorrect knife I returned, unbelievable!

Verified Customer

Worst shop I have ever dealt with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I bought a knife set from DFO Perth which was damaged the lady who sold it to me was so pushy saying if I didnt buy it that evening the sale would be over the next day - when I got home the set was damaged and I didnt want to loose out on the sale so I bought one online. I got a call at 9.21am the next day to say the set was ready for collection, I went to collect it and the shop was closed for restocking for 2 hours! when they finally reopened I was then served by a lady who was training another lady so just to check out took another 15 mins! I tried to return the one to DFO and was told they will not refund! and I should contact customer services. (this shop is 140km round trip for me). I then returned home and tried to contact the customer services only to be told the manager is on leave! This has to be the most disorganised company ever - I am still trying to get a refund or store credit (not that would ever want to shop at house again) - please do not shop here if there is anything wrong with the product you will really struggle to get any refund or anything.

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Fast postage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I shopped online and got the item in excellent condition, super fast and at a great price. The whole experience was easy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Iluka

Non-existent customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

If you want to be insulated, presumed a thief, then by all means buy something from this store and try to return it in its original un-opened packaging still in the House shopping bag. This was my experience whilst trying to exchange a lousy ten dollar meat thermometer at the Lismore Square House shop. The shop assistant was not only curt and very rude, she implied I could have stolen the item and apparently the bag because of no receipt... which was never given to me because I paid cash and it wasn't put in the bag. I walked out of this shop shaking over a lousy ten dollar purchase because of a very rude and obnoxious shop assistant... shop assistant? Customer service, what customer service? Now after reading other customer's bad experiences with this company I see it's not an isolated problem, rather a systemic rot in this company's management and policies. Will not 'ever' be shopping at or with House again... will not even be stepping inside the door. Great way to run a company!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Don’t buy gifts from House!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Don’t buy gifts from these stores! They have a no return or exchange policy if you don’t have a receipt.
I was given a gift of one of ‘their brands - Baccarat’ but because it was a gift I had no proof of purchase even though it was in original packaging never been opened and had their label on it. I actually wanted to change it for the larger size and pay another $100 but because of no receipt they wouldn’t do anything even an exchange. So to exchange if it a gift is impossible

Perth WA

• 2 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 33 helpful votes
Private message

Before sales service is just as bad as their after sales service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I wanted a Peugeot U-Select Pepper Mill 22cm and the matching Peugeot U-Select Salt Mill 22cm in natural finish. I could not buy from my local HOUSE outlet right across the road as these items are sold online only. First attempt, no stock of the pepper mill so I thought I could buy the salt mill now and then the pepper mill at a later stage. But they would not allow delivery to the local store for pickup and indicated I would have to pay $10.00 for the first item delivered to my home address and then another $10.00 for delivery of the second item when stock arrived..I refused as this extra $20.00 meant the price was hiked up by about 16%. They were not interested at all - I either buy both items simultaneously to qualify for free postage or pay full postage on each item sent separately. The next stage was an agreement whereby they would call me as soon as stock arrived - which they did. Check out was a nightmare - their site is not user friendly nor does it work properly. I just could not complete my order - even after 3 consecutive calls to their call centre. I then had to check my banking details as although I could not conclude the payment, the spinning circle icon continued relentlessly indicating that some network activity was taking place, i.e. loading credit card data. So with the possibility of the money going out of my account to which I was advised if this happened, I would have to APPLY for a refund........for goods I could not purchase and technically, did not purchase. I had to also verbally request them to cancel my online account as one cannot do this online either. I am now going elsewhere as dealing with this lot, I see their before sales service is just as bad as their after sales service.

Not happy!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Overpriced and extremely poor customer service!!!! I've never been so disappointed in the service that a store like this has given. Was told a point of purchase that it could be returned for refund if item was not suitable. Brought the item back and they stood there and argued saying that store policy is to return for store credit. Now that's fine if it is displayed or have the staff trained properly in store procedure so the customer leaves with the right information. I seriously have never been so disappointed in a stores service. Will never shop there again! Feel sorry for the person we give the store credit to. Will have to warn them.

Gosford

Overpriced poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

All products are overpriced. In the matter of 5 mintues all 3 staff asked my wife can they help. They never asked me. Bought a pack of $50 mixing bowls and the large one was broken. Took it back and they tried to blame us for braking it. Im never shopping at this overpriced store ever again. If it was not for a $100 gift card, i would have never have step foot in this place.

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

By far the worst online retailer I have dealt with worldwide

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Took exactly one month and one day to order the product, get it, have it picked up for return, then have the refund processed. Was on the verge of having to get Fair Trading involved if it wasn't resolved by end of week. Anyone looking to use this online store, best to find the product elsewhere for your own sanity. Will say the girl I dealt with at the call centre was very lovely though - shame she works for such an unorganised operation.

1 of 5 pages