The Hyundai i20 has been replaced by the newer Hyundai Accent generation.

Generations:
Filter By:

PARKDALE

• 6 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2012

This is the best little car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Love driving this car easy to handle great fuel economy.
Only one thing I can fault is it did not come with cruise control.
Cannot believe they do not make them any more would trade to next model. There is no noise driving it. Services at Hyundai very reasonable. Courtesy car is a great option when working.

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Perfect Single Person Car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Great car.
Easy to keep clean
I have had this car for under a year and it certianly has given me joy and a ease of use. If your looking for a powerful small car this one certainly isn’t the one for you.
Strongly recommend this vehicle for a P player.

sydney

• 4 comments
  • 22 answers
Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2018

hyundai i20

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

we have just bought a second hand hyundai i20 from hyundai just 11000 klm on it drives like new still under new car warranty we now have two i20 best little car on the road has a very good trouble free gearbox / auto / we love our little car cheap to run purched from sinclair hyundai penrith they reality look after there customers

Comments

we have not had any problems with our paint work on the car still looks like new after 5 years we keep it garaged

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PB.I (2010-2012) Badge: Elite Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 5 Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Apr 2013

Good car; disappointing paintwork

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

This is my 4th Hyundai and I have been happy with it generally in the sense that it is economical with fuel and has never broken down. However the quality of the paintwork is extremely disappointing. The car is not even 5 years old yet and the paint has come off on both the front and back bumpers. The paint has just worn off in parts and you can see the black plastic underneath. I've put a pic of the front as my profile picture so you can see (and it's worse at the back). This is not from heavy washing or scrubbing (it is only ever hand washed with a soft cloth). I assumed that this would be covered by the 5 yr warranty, but turns out that the paint warranty only lasts 3 years. It's disappointing as it's clearly not normal wear. Their standards have clearly dropped since the last Hyundais I bought. I have taken it back to the place of purchase and they are seeking a response about whether Hyundai will repair the damage for me. I'll update when I receive a response.

Comments

Further to this, I have heard back from Hyundai that they are not willing to do anything to repair the faulty paint :( Their response was just that it is out of the 3 year paint warranty. I guess ... read more »

Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Perfect City Car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Perfect for someone to roam around in the city. Great average with ample space for a family of 4. Got it serviced recently, service charges not that high as well. Bought mine from Hyundai Werribee. They explained all the features and also offered a pretty good discount for the services. Best city car

Purchased at: Hyundai Dealers

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Such A Great Little Vehicle And So Inexpensive To Run And Also Extremely Comfortable And Runs Extrem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2018

Such a great little vehicle, very easy to drive,extremely comfortable , plenty of room front and back,dashboard is easy to read . The running costs and maintenance of the vehicle are very reasonable. I purchased it secondhand but it still looks and feels like brand new.Would never consider purchasing anything else but hyundai !

Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 5 Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Perfect car for the fuel saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Handles well and is reliable. The clutch is amazing and so smooth.

Bluetooth calls are awesome. I love bluetooth music. Makes things extra convenient.

the turning circle isn't amazing. but I save so much on petrol. I find i only need to fill up every 3 weeks. Which is really good for saving.

Purchased at: Carsales.com.au

Victor Harbor, South Australia

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.6L Doors: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Zippy little car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Excellent fuel economy.
Wish it would download my phone book. Otherwise Bluetooth connectivity is great.
After market cruise control not ideal as it revvs the engine too hard.
I have found that the auto trans slips a little.
Tidy little cheap runner with good ac and heating.
Steering wheel controls would have been good
Also miss my tinted windows as the heat coming in is harsh and my viser is not adequate to block the sun

Purchased at: Mcilroy Auto Group

Perth

• 1 answer
Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Doors: 3 Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Great first car!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

Great first car, new or used!
I bought mine new (it was a barely used display car) in 2015 - super reliable!
If you want a cheap car that's reliable, this is it. By 45000km, only had to replace tires and brake pads.
Handles well, brakes definitely work (had a couple of near misses, which this car handled with ease).
Struggles a bit with 5 grown adults in the car, but otherwise would recommend as a first car or a stand-by 2nd car.
Typical 30 minute work commute and short errands means the petrol tank lasts about a week - usually about 40 dollars to fill a full tank.
Hatch back definitely holds all the groceries.
I've taken it country as well and it's great - but definitely not a car for pot-holes.

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Great small car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Brought our car new in 2014,hasnt missed a beat . But like any car you need to change the front brake pads around the 30k mark on the autos. All the pads and rotors are available locally from Bendix etc and will save a fortune compared to original. The motor is a 1.4lt and is great for a city runaround, the people who want to haul around 4 people on a regular basis might want to look for a bigger car like the i30. Cheap and cheerful, great on fuel,easy to park.Capped price servicing ,and got an 8 year extended warranty thrown in.A no brainer.

Purchased at: Suttons Motor Group

Brisbane

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Good city car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Very smooth car to drive around in. The steering wheel is easy to turn and the car is light, making it easy to drive in suburban areas. It has heaps of wonderful features- my favourite is the car automatically locks the doors once you start driving. Another feature is if you unlock the car but do not open the doors within a certain timeframe, the car will automatically lock itself. I've had this car for almost a year now (second-hand) and have not had any major problems with it mechanically.
The downfall is the car is not very powerful and really struggles uphill or with extra weight inside the car. Sometimes the stereo requires a code (some anti theft thing), although I doubt a code will deter thieves from stealing... The car is small and there is not much legroom for the back seats.
This is best suited for a single person and would make a wonderful first car.

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2015

What a prefect car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

First of all thank you to Hyundai company to product this car !! I really likes it. It is so smooth to drive. The great part of this car is less fuel consumption. The interior is also so good. It is my first car and i m sure to bye one more product from Hyundai company very soon for my family.

Purchased at: Hyundai Dealers

Mooroolbark

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PB.I (2010-2012) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 3 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2010

No customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

The i20 has done only 30,000 klms but is out of warranty. Now the complete rack and pinion steering needs to be replaced due to a fault. We have tried 3 different steering mechanics who all tell us only Hyundai can do it at a great cost. Hyundai serviced the vehicle only 300 klms ago and there is no mention of any steering issue then. Now they just shrug their shoulders and say it's our problem as it is out of warranty. Don't we service our cars to pick up potential problems early???
Also the paint has faded on the front bumper and mirrors and is almost non existent now. On other parts of the car the green color has completely changed. Cheap cheap cheap!!! Stay away from Hyundai. There is no customer service and they are just throw away cars.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great first car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

My daughter has recently got her license and we wanted a car that ticked all the boxes and thic car does this
5 star ancap rating
Great fuel economy
Easy to drive
With Hyundai proven reliability it was hard to go past. We have a i30sr and a i40 Crdi already which we love driving and the i20 is no different The car is still under manufacturing warranty and we have been to Hyundai for some cosmetic issues like chrome door handles peeling and Hyundai replaced for free.

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Premium Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Very good car and very easy to drive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

When we moved here in Perth from sydney this car i20 is one of the most amazing car I've ever since. Its so easy to drive and very affordable the performance is simply the best as this car never gave us any troubles. Its so lovely and highly recommended to our friends

• 5 comments
  • 10 answers
  • 29 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PB.I (2010-2012) Badge: Active Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2012

Good small car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I Bought car march 2012, since then I have done 98k kms, brakes were very dusty and needed replace rotors at same time around 35k kms could not be machined so hyundai puts cheap rotors to start.

Car performace is ok for running around alone or 2 people, but put 4 extra people on it and go up hill car gets very lazy and needs to be floored.

Got a failed shock absorber in rear at 98k kms which damaged tyres, bad thing dealer service not said anything about leaky shock doubt a full sudden failure, independant repair plus 2 tyres $600.

I get around 600kms with 40 liters petrol mixed driving.

Geelong, Victoria

Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Great first car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I purchased the i20 brand new as my first car, and so far have had no issues. It is fairly good on fuel, although does use more due to only having 4 speeds (should be a 5th minimum like most cars). Goes okay on the open roads although severely lacks power which can be frustrating when going up hills in peak hour when there are cars behind you that are fast approaching. I own the auto and it doesn't like being moved up into a higher gear when approaching said hills, that's for sure. It lacks basic necessities that most cars these days have, such as steering wheel buttons and a touch screen, but the basic bluetooth audio system works great and always connects to your phone easily and with no hassles. Bass is actually really quite good, which both surprised and impressed me.

Central Coast

• 2 questions
Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 5 Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Dec 2012

Good for Money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

The reliability is excellent and is very economical on petrol. The interior is cheap looking and carpet is really thin. Leg room at the back is so small an average foot can't lay flat on the ground. Noisy on the motorway but quiet on new roads. Handling and steering is really good. The i20 of mine has never broken down. The i20 is great value for money

• 2 answers
Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Engine Size: 1.4L Doors: 5 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2014

Courtesy car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

Been given this car for a week or two while my mazda 6 is fixed from minor accident.
The car is growing on me a little, in a strange 'why should i be fussed driving anything better kinda way"
The worst thing is the stereo currently requires some kind of code to operate, seems such a useless thing, it's not 1995, who is going to steal a radio unit especially when everyone walks around with $800 phones in their pocket.
On the highway it seems to purr along quite nicely and I don't feel any bumps.
The trip computer can be hard to see during daylight, and the automatic doesn't know what to do if you try for some power. It's best to just cruise along and slowly squeeze the accelerator as the car powers up.
Visibility is a breeze for parking and for the money and basic commuting it's probably a top choice.

• 1 review
Private message

Generation: PB.II (2012-2015) Badge: Active Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2016 Doors: 5

Looses power!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2016

Brought 2015 i20 in June had done just over 20000km. Lost power and bunny jumped on way home!! Thought using higher grade fuel and long run may fix it. Went on trip, passing a truck and just lost power, we were so incredibly lucky no one was behind us and I could pull in behind the truck..... did not pass another vehicle. Did it again turning into main street, Rang dealership, and took it into local Hyundai, they could not find anything wrong with it but tweeked the computer? it was good for about 4 weeks and has started doing it again.. not happy and ringing dealership tomorrow. We were so, so lucky we have not been killed or injured so far.
I love everything else about this car, but needs replacing or fixing if that's possible, before the warranty runs out.

I have taken my Hyundai i20 2015 back to Hyundai to find out why it loses power intermittently. They have been very good and believe they have found the problem. They kept my car for four days and gave me a loan car. They have approval from hyundai to fix the problem and It is booked in for Tuesday for a few days, Hopefully this will fix the problem.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Brad and his service team at Bunbury Hyundai were great, they kept my car until they found the problem which was something to do with the transmission and a seal. They had to get permission from Hy... read more »

1 of 4 pages