Verified Purchase

This is perfect! Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I have been on several diets in the past but I could never complete any of them. I found them too demanding in my busy schedule. "I Quite Sugar" program is a practical and a permanent solution to anyone whose goal it is to live a healthier lifestyle. After two weeks I already started to reap the benefits - I had more energy as well as a clearer skin. You are never left to "suffer" on your own and the IQS team is always ready to support, motivate or answer any questions you might have. I fell in love with this program and after 10 weeks (and still counting) I am still following the basic rules to a sugar free lifestyle.

Brisbame

Verified Purchase

I quit sugar program has turned into an I quit meat program

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

I did the program a couple of years ago and found it fantastic, decided that for the fantastic shopping organisation and meal I would sign up for the 12month plan, well that was a mistake the first program wasn't too bad then I started to notice more and more that the omnivore program I signed up for started to turn into a vegetarian program with less and less meals containing any type of meat and the recipes were made up of things that just didn't work like cauliflower burgers that just turned to granola when you tried to cook them...
This weeks meals consist of 2 meals of leftover slow cooked beef and the other 5 meals are all vegetarian. Not really what I would call an omnivore meal.
When I did the program in 2015 The weeks menu would, on average, consist of 1 beef dish 2-3 chicken dishes 1 pork or lamb dish 1 fish dish and 1 vegetarian dish. I felt this was quite a balanced week's worth of meals and was what I was looking for when I signed up for the 8 week program especially for 12 months.
The shopping lists are great to just print out and go shopping and have the confidence that when you came home after a day's work all the ingredients and the dinner was sorted out.
However after about 3 programs so far this year, I am very disappointed in the quality of the menus and recipes. IQS is definitely turning more about being vegetarian rather than Just Eat Real Food, which is what the site sprukes.
I definitely won't be joining another program, once I have used up my 12 month subscription.

Worthwhile and recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

My family and I felt the program was well worth the money spent. We enjoyed the recipes, the weekly shopping lists and were able to easily adapt recipes for times we had extra people to feed. We all lost weight and found ourselves to be more energised. I am a lot better informed now about processed foods and where and how sugar seems to be hidden in so many products. The negative health ramifications of consuming excess sugar are quite startling. I was surprised to feel less joint pains ( inflammation) and attribute this to the diet as these pains have been persistently ongoing and only stopped once following the program. This has encouraged me to do more research, watch documentaries on health and nutrition and I have purchased Sarah Wilson's books. I highly recommend this program to get you started on quitting sugar and leading a healthier life style.

Cairns

Thankyou for the program

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

I have enjoyed my IQS experience, I managed to lose 6 kg,I found the programme very easy to stick to, I loved he idea of the Sunday cook up as that meant most of your meals took no longer than 30 mins to prepare, I enjoyed most of the meals and the ones I didn't can be made tastier with extra spices etc.
I didn't believe I was addicted to sugar but I was wrong, you don't realise how much hidden sugar is in everything you eat, it has been a great experience learning how to read labels etc and then making better choices. i now rarely eat between meals and won't be returning to sugar any time soon. I have found it to be one of the few eating plans that is very easy to stick to ( and I've tried quit a few!)
I found the online forums not that helpful and I am frustrated that you get locked out of the website after 2 weeks. They did offer recipe book at a reduced rate but that was only for a few days, so I missed out and am very dissatisfied with that.

Sydney

• 5 helpful votes

Not suitable for families

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

The meal plans are for one person and are not easy to tailor for a family. I needed to do quite a bit of adjusting to make it work for my family, which was exactly what I wanted to avoid.
I found [name removed] "tips" patronising in tone, and not always scientifically sound. Generally speaking, lowering sugar is going to be a good thing of course, but there is also a bit of pseudoscience recommending certain unproven products (eg apple cider vinegar to drink...google it, its nonsense). Probably harmless, but it put me off.
Overall I found the recipes mostly (not all) good. I found the online platform a bit clunky and the forums not very streamlined...overall this didn't feel like value for money except that having paid for it made me feel compelled to stick with it. I lost 5kg in the 8 weeks.
I know some people find "quitting sugar" a game changer, but many more I suspect find it too hard or too unpleasant to "quit" forever. I found it a helpful exercise but will continue to eat (reduced amounts of ) sugar from now on.
Would I recommend it? Probably not. I don't really think it's as well researched or packaged as other online diets.
Try CSIRO total wellbeing diet instead.

Life changing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

the IQS program has been life changing for me. I was hoping to lose some weight which I have but the other changes I have noticed are even more significant. I love that I now eat only when I am hungry, I enjoy the food I am eating & never feel guilty about eating. I have so much more energy, I now feel tired when I am lacking in sleep but have lost that exhausted feeling that was a constant in my life. I have now committed to participating in an adventure race & am feeling excited about getting into the training, prior to the IQS program I would never have contemplated this as I wouldn't have had the energy.
The frequent emails, tips & recipes really helped to keep me on track & any questions were answered promptly

Life Changer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I signed up to the program to gain more control over what I was putting in my body. The program was extremely easy to follow, the meal plans were amazing, and I learned so much to help me continue after the program finished.
Would recommend this program to everyone and have no doubt I will be doing it again.

Great program!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I realised early in the program that I wasn't a sugar addict but that wasn't necessarily why I decided to do the program. I am interested in the food that I put in my mouth and wanted to get a deeper education on sugar and its effects on the body which is exactly this program gave me. I liked the variety of meals, the menu plans, the weekend reads - the whole program is structured really well and has helped me to make even better choices when it comes to my health. Thank you IQS. I would recommend this program to anyone. It was a very worthwhile experience!

Bitola

• 1 answer

Beyond my expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

The IQS8WP was an opportunity for me to make a difference - in my body and my world. It changed my consciousness not only about food but life in general. I'm now more aware of how, when and what to eat and that freedom allowed me to truly enjoy daily meals. But most importantly, this program made me fall in love with cooking, that's my new passion now and I'm so happy to be able to prepare delicious and healthy recipes for myself, my family and friend. And finally, the IQS team support was essential for my success, they were always one step ahead of us knowing what we might need or ask for. Their complete support is an invaluable part of the IQS8WP. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you in future:)

IQS was worth it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

The menu plans were great and the meals were easy to prepare and tasty with portions that didn't leave me feeling hungry. I'd recommend this program to anyone interested in quitting sugar.

Brisbane

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Worth the money!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2016

I really loved this program and would recommend it to anyone who asked!
Pros:
* I loved meal plans already made for me! Made life easier!
* my shopping expenses never went up (I was on the vegetarian plan)
*Many others who have done the program and are currently doing the program are on instagram.. It's a really supportive environment!
*its as realistic as can possibly be for people who work! Every day is leftovers and breakfasts are quick to make
*shopping lists are given to you
*the meals are really healthy and i loved the taste of 80% of them
*I plan to do this again in the future!
*i liked being a part of the forums!
*so many recipes I got..plus more (for in case you dont want to cook the meal for that day)
*the regular reads and updates etc all helped me to feel supported
*I regularly googled my recipes so to check they weren't just free ones online. I only ever saw 1 free online

Cons:
*45+ experts are said to support you on the forum. They hardly go on it.. instead, those who have done the program before (volunteers called ambassadors) answer most of the questions
*alot of people had problems with the website and were frustrated that not enough tech issues changed before the end of the program
*the forum isnt set up the best way it should be
*its higher in grains and carbs than I thought it'd be
*the vegetarian meal plan doesnt have enough protein in some meals as I think it should have, and the vegetarian plan has alot of omega 6 fatty acids without as much omega 3 fatty acids to balance it out

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase

Thank you Sarah and IQS team!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2016

Firstly I would like to thank Sarah for her extensive research on sugar and its affects on the human body, this turned my thinking around and set me up for a smoother ride! I ended up following Gabrielle Burnstein's meditation in conjunction with this program and I have found myself a free mind!
I didnt follow the meal plans 100% as I had lots of leftovers cooking for one, so used 4 days of meals a week and the rest of the ingredients got me through!
I have embrace the introduction of fermented food and Kombucha to gain a healthy gut! My aim is now to cut back on bread and salt. I am hoping that the whole calibration thing we encountered with this program will work with bread too! The salt I will just cut out adding to meals!).
Overall, even though I did now lose much weight at all ( i have 30kg to lose) I am glad to have Finally found FOOD FREEDOM! I, like many other people, have tried countless health regemes and none have worked until now! I feel in control and I'm loving it!
Thank you thank you thank you!! For all your time and support, you are changing the lives and minds of Australians and the world one granule of sugar at a time!
Inspirational stuff Sarah! Thanks again

Perth

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Overpriced

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2016

Don't feel that the $150 was worth it.... basically just received some great recipes but i could have bought a low sugar recipe book for a fraction of the price! Some of my questions on the forum went unanswered so don't think there was any support there as promised!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 4 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

OK but not sure it's really worth the $150

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2016

The program costs $150 and gives you meal plans, recipes (printable PDF or online) and online support. The vegetarian meal plan was welcome as many programs don't offer this option. The shopping lists are very handy but expensive - recipes are for one with generous leftovers - but I spent more than $20 on herbs alone in the first week...this is a lot for one person's meals. There is a lot of cooking - I work and have two pre school children and I really struggled with the amount of food preparation required. I ended up doubling or quadrupling the recipes I made and freezing them so I had quick meals available. However, I definitely ate better on this program than I normally would. It gave me some useful ideas about recipes and encouraged me to "JERF".

Some of the recipes were great - e.g. the paleo loaf - but many are available free on the facebook page anyway - and some were really awful including the most tasteless curry I have ever made. I didn't use the online support as the program is self explanatory - I just didn't eat sugar (no cravings or other issues) and didn't bother with substitutions, etc. so didn't need it.

I didn't lose a gram of weight - although the program doesn't promise this. Do I have more energy- no not really - I feel the same. I have reduced my sugar cravings and I do not think I will go back to eating sugar. Was it life changing - yep but in a pretty tiny "oh that's a bit better" way.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Christchurch, NZ

Verified Purchase

The meal plans didn't work for me, personally. But I love everything else about this IQS

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2016

Expectations vs results
Quitting sugar was as rewarding as I had hoped and the fabulous recipes were in line with my high expectations.
Sarah's style is simple, affordable, and effective and I support her way of thinking.

Ability to follow programme
For me, the investment in this particular programme did not match the value .. and I recommend buying Sarah's books instead, and working it out yourself.
I am in New Zealand and found the winter menu isn't appropriate for here (we don't get courgettes in winter) ..
I also found that the weekly menu plan and shopping list never came out on time (often unable to receive this till late Thursday ... which didn't suit my lifestyle at all). Furthermore, there were three weeks were I couldn't access my menu plans till Friday
Finally, I found the drip feeding of weekly menu plans didn't work for me. This is because (a) the plans were released too late at night, (b) I would prefer to have all the information at once, so I can print it out and physically plan my weeks without relying on the computer

Provided
The weekly reads, and the weekly digital links to recipes and information was fantastic. And I mean, really amazing! The facts and information are displayed in such a simple but effective way. This extends to the recipes themselves, which I will use for a lifetime. The IQS way of thinking is really empowering and I loved the weekly digital support which made it pretty much effortless to stay motivated and informed.

Sitting on the fence?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2016

If you are considering doing the IQS programme - DO IT!
Keep an open mind, try all the recipes and then make up your own mind about it. While I didn't always find it easy I am so glad I did it. The programme is very well set up with fantastic support and information and it is an eye opener. You will feel and look better for it.

Verified Purchase

This program has probably changed my life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2016

This program provides an exceptional level of support and information to help you quit sugar. Loads of recipes, meal plans, snack ideas, tips for cravings etc. What surprised me most was how much better I felt from not eating sugar, and then how wobbly I became when sweetness was reintroduced. I felt emotionally and energetically more stable than usual while I ate no sugar or fruit, then my energy, mood and sweet cravings went on an unpleasant roller coaster when sweetness was brought back in. There is definitely a link between what's in my gut and how I feel emotionally - and I did not appreciate this at all until I quit sugar. I didn't even think I could give up sugar until this program! It was also very sobering to discover just how much fructose and sugar is in so much of what we eat. I'm very glad I did the programme and feel I've gained a massive amount which will stand me in good stead for probably the rest of my life.

This program has changed my life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2016

I had a really sweet tooth before this program so wasn't sure I'd be able to do it but all the easy to follow recipes and access to experts via the forum made it so easy to follow. I had tried to quit sugar using books before but none of them worked like this. My family and friends have all noticed such a difference in me- so much so that they will all be signing up for the next round!

What a surprise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2016

This program was well structured. Easy access to all recipes. The food ideas are great, simple and easy to follow even for someone like me who doesn't normally do a lot of cooking. It's fresh food ideas, so tasty and never boring. Lots of new ideas and I will keep that up.

Amazing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2016

Loved the entire program. It was delicious, easy to follow, family friendly and not expensive. The meal plans and online support truly help and make life so much easier. I enjoyed all of the recipes and the ingredients were easy to get. It has helped me to feel much better, have more energy and lose some weight.
I can't wait for the next program to start. I've started this last 8 week program a second time, because we enjoyed it so much. If I had one complaint it would be that the program was 12 weeks just because I miss everything about it.

1 of 2 pages

What is in the program that i cant already get on the internet? Meal & workout plans, recipes, shopping lists etc are everywhere on the Internet already including Yoga class and food documentary videos. I will be interested if you can tell me how this program is unique from free google searching and why its worth $150? Thanks.

Nkr asked on Feb 01, 2017

Answer this

I can answer this! :)

That's true.. you could do up your own meal plan and shopping list, and you could even buy the 8 week program book by I quit sugar..its alot cheaper. But what you won't be able to buy is the forum access, the support on there, joining the 8 week program instagram community, help from experts, the accountability and support that can be a real life saving when quitting sugar, the convenience of having healthy meal plans and recipes and shopping lists all done for you. :)

Hi there,

Why is this program worth it? There is nothing similar to this program out there. But here are my specific reasons:
- the recipes are one major - I have douzens cook books at home that I never really use to be honest, because before the iqs8wp I thought of preparing food an occasional thing, now I'm aware of what my meals should be made of, now I'm educated about what my body needs, and I'm able to improvise and make my own recipies. With the iqs8wp I gained access to a large network of people who blog about sugar-free, gluten-free, just-eat-real food experience and this community is teaching me a lot about maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Also there is no one iqs recipe that is not absolutely delisious and when i started the program i had very little cooking experience, so for me to be able to cook these delicious, nutricious meals is a huge gain.

- the other great thing about this program are the shopping lists - not only because they make your life easier but they helped me develop a habit of shopping more often than before and thus I have fresher food in my friedge and I'm more organized in the weekly meals.

- and what surprised me the most in the program is how much the guidance from the team of nutricionists helped - I've never had any problem with weight so I tought I wouldn't need any special help during the program but I was completely surprised how much reading the comments of other people's day-to-day experiences in this program helped me. To have professionals following your progress and answering every question you might have was really valuable and tremendously helpful.

- lastly, in brief, it's a program that aims at helping people introduce a permanent change in eating real food, introduc e delicious recipies and expertise that will help you maintain this lifestyle long after the program ends. This program made me fall in love with cooking and I could never be greatful enough for that- really changed my life.

I think the program demystifies a lot of the myths and information on Google. I liked having everything I needed to know in one place and knowing it was backed up by research with access to experts was a big bonus for me. I didnt do the program because I was a sugar addict, I wanted to be more educated about sugar and where I could make improvements to my health and this program was spot on for that.

Product Details