• 5 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Don't go near them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2013

I bought a voucher and went along for my visit to Ideal Introductions, this was just before Christmas 2012. The first interview seemed promising before the consulant left the room and left me with a list of very over priced packages. Upon leaving and not signing up to any of their packages I haven't heard from them since and it is now February 2013, not even a follow up of any type. I am an attractive female, 37 years old, no kids, great job, very well presented but there are no matches for me, I find this very hard to believe. I even question how many men they even have on their books. My advice is to save your $$$ and keep with internet dating. I only lost $60 with a coupon I would shudder to think I wasted $1,000's on one of their packages.

- Total waste of time and money.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

Unfortunately there was a communication breakdown between Ideal and [name removed]. She had not signed up for a membership or become a member so therefore was not contacted again or offered any in... read more »

I have to clarify that there was certainly no communication breakdown between the parties (just never got any follow up from my initial consultation) and Linda actually pressured me to take down ... read more »

Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

I believe with 20 years experience in matchmaking I have the expertise to guide my clients in their search for a lasting relationship. I will tell them if their expectations are a little unrealisti... read more »

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 1 comment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2013

I heard about Ideal Introductions through a radio station. You may have heard the same ad where they say "single, single and sick of it". It was a little bit catchy and it got my attention. I didn't know what to expect when I decided to call them but I'm glad I did.

I met a service representative one afternoon after work who asked me some personal and insightful questions. She was very welcoming, warm, honest and polite. I knew I had to be completely honest as well and that meant sharing things I don't often do.

She explained how it all works. I'm quite a technical person so I wanted to know all the details and thought about it for a couple of days. Anyway she showed me a couple of different service levels that were aimed for different people and their level of requirements. I decided to go on the level 2 membership which I thought was the best value.

After the meeting I felt confident that Ideal would find someone for me. Since then I have met a few really nice women and had some really good dates. However my search still continues for the right person.

Overall I believe they offer a good service and the customer service representative is wonderful person. Ideal has a large client base which means there is definitely someone out there for you. If you don't have the time in your life to find someone or maybe you just want someone who is like minded then Ideal is for you.

Cheers

Aaron Evans

+ Number of clients, Honest, Good Service

Very Happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2013

I have been with ideal since March 2011. And Kirsty has been a member since October 2011.. I was reluctant to sign up considering the up front cost. I was hopeful of finding someone after talking with Linda and finding out what they offered. We have both always found the staff at Ideal very helpful and friendly.. It wasn't easy in the beginining. I'd been on a number of dates with some nice girls... And they didn't hit the mark.. I'd been a member for 10 months approx and was starting to loose hope.. In April 2012 Linda put me in touch with Kirsty and we match perfectly. Its now been 12 months and I couldn't be happier.. We'd like to thanks all the staff at Ideal but especially Linda

Worked for us!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2013

I joined Ideal end of August 2011, i had an interview with a consultant one night after work. I enjoyed chatting to her she explained the system thoroughly and was genuinely interested in all said. I didn't expect Brad Pitt, just a handsome nice guy who suited me! However i did expect someone appealing by the 3rd match. Well my now husband appeared on my second match. He however had had a few matches, once he communicated more precise characteristics he met me. I know not all are as lucky as us, but make sure you look at the bigger picture, were you realistic, did you know what you were after. I wish all luck in your search for love. For me it was worth every cent! We have been inseparable 18months and just got back from our honeymoon. Good Luck Mel

+ Took the pressure off

- Maybe could be a bit more affordable

What price happiness? Thank you Ideal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2013

I first tried Ideal Introductions almost 10 years ago after divorcing. Although the ladies I met through Ideal were very nice and sincere I did not find the person I was looking for. I then decided that internet dating was worth a try and while I did form several relationships, they were never quite right. Having exhausted the internet dating possibilities I asked my professional colleagues for advice and Ideal Introductions was mentioned by several of them.
So by the end of January 2013, I spoke at length with [name removed].

I was impressed by her thoroughness and professionalism and by then I had also come to realise just how difficult it can be to find a person who really "ticks the important boxes" and has that elusive but essential chemistry. I believe that the difference between my first exposure to Ideal and my latest experience was that I now had a much better knowledge of the important attributes of the person I was looking for and also of my own strengths and weaknesses.

[name removed] spent considerable time with me and we were able to establish a much more accurate profile of the person I was seeking and of myself, than I had been able to provide the first time. I also had no preconceived expectations of how my date would be, only that I would enjoy my time with a person who was prepared to spend their time meeting with me. Having said that, the very first person [name removed] matched me with took my breath away! I should mention that [name removed] also provided me with some really helpful advice on dos and don'ts for my first date.

Since our first date, my partner and I have been inseparable. We are about to embark on our first overseas trip together and we both believe that we have finally found the person we were seeking. My partner had several dates through Ideal before me and she shares my gratitude to Ideal.

My former wife also met her "new" husband of five years through Ideal Introductions and they are also extremely impressed by Ideal’s professionalism. I believe that while the apparent upfront cost of Ideal Introductions can seem high at first glance, it is outweighed by the many advantages of going through them. Although [name removed]'s role and that of the other consultants at Ideal is incredibly challenging and of course they can only ever act as a guide with the information provided, my new partner and I are extremely appreciative of that expertise and wish to say that it is worthwhile spending the effort and persevering with a reputable company like Ideal. Thank you [name removed].

+ Professional approach and genuine dates

10 year Anniversary

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2013

My husband and I just want to say thank you for the ten wonderful years we have just had. I was a client for 8 years, and hadn't had any luck. I thought I was never going to meet anyone after my husband had passed away. and one day out of the blue I received a Phone call from a lady at Ideal and said a gentleman had signed up that day and we were a perfect match. I didn't want to go out at that time and was talked into at least coffee. we married 9 months later and have just had our 10th wedding anniversary we are very happy. if it wasn't for your consultant I would have missed my perfect match. Thank you again.

+ I liked the effort that was put into finding my man

- Unfortunatly you get a few duds and get very dissapointed. In the end very happy

Very professional introduction service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2013

A straight forward process really - an in-depth interview which was a bit daunting at first particularly answering "what was I looking for in a lady' . . . . you mean I have choice ?!!
Then one introduction; one perfect match. And we've been very very happy ever since. We both consider ourselves so lucky to have found each other.

+ Searching questions which no doubt helped find a compatible match

Meeting my Lifetime Companion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2013

I met my present partner about eight years ago when I was working out in the bush where there was little chance of meeting someone. I was introduced to four or five nice women who did not suit before I met my partner in life. We have been together ever since. It was up to us to decide we were right for each other, but Ideal Introductions gave us the opportunity to meet, and to meet other possibles first. The introductions were always handled graciously and professionally and recommend their service.

+ Interviewed first with comprehensive needs examined. I got the impression that I needed to be up to scratch before I was accepted.

- No one else can decide for you, so it is always up to you in the end.

Comments
Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

Jack was not in a personalised service.
Linda Prescott. Ideal Introductions.

A great experience that has definitely ended well!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2013

When I decided I was ready to get back in the dating game, I chose Ideal ("single, single & sick of it" got my attention!!) over Internet dating for a couple of reasons. Mainly that I felt it would attract men who were more serious about beginning a relationship, and not for just a bit of "fun". I wasn't disappointed with my experience!! I initially joined on the lower tier membership, & met a number of guys that were lovely, but just not the right ones a for me. I didn't give up though! I then met with [name removed] one on one, and she really nutted out what it was I wanted in a partner. I also learnt a lot about myself throughout this process, which was something I didn't really expect! I'm now in a relationship with a really great guy, that, without Ideal, I wouldn't have met!! Thank you to [name removed] & the team at Ideal!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2013

After being single for over 10 years and having tried online dating with very little success, my friend talked me in to trying Ideal Introductions. I was very unsure at my 1st meeting, but once I had sat and chatted with them I had a really good feeling, although I was taken aback about the cost. On my 3rd match they had hit the nail on the head and I had a great 4month relationship. Unfortunately that relationship didn't work out, but I had no hesitation in calling Ideal back and starting the process again. The team have always been so friendly, and look after my needs, and supported me through this process so well. They have again found me a great match.
Even though at 1st I thought it was an expensive way to date, I am more than happy with the results and at the end of the day does the cost of finding love really matter?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2013

I joined Ideal Introductions having recently at the time broken up from a short but intense relationship. The team were very understanding and have introduced me to some lovely ladies, from backgrounds far different from my own. Throughout my time with Ideal, I have had some wonderful experiences and made several amazing friendships. Most importantly, I have recently found someone very special and we are in love. We instantly clicked from the start. I felt the coaching advice beneficial too, and helped me find that lady that I consider "ideal" for me. Although a little worried about the cost initially, it has been a very worthwhile investment, and I would highly recommend Ideal to anybody genuinely looking for a longterm relationship.

+ The team are really helpful, and genuinely love what they do.

- I was introduced to several ladies that were far from "ideal", but it's a numbers game after all.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Big on promises but...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2014

My advice: Save your money

The consultant was very professional in her dealings with me but that's the only upside to this.

Based on the consultant's presentations and advice, I bought a package close to $3000. Promises were made but the very first match that was arranged was disappointing. That lady clearly did not match my criteria and was not interested at all. The subsequent matches arranged just kept going downhill from there.

The consultant seemed sincere, but at the same time seems to be wanting to rush through all the matches I have under the contract. I gave up on the service before reaching the last match allowed in my contract and told them to put it on hold back then. Never went ahead with that last match ever since but I guess the contract period should have lapsed by now.

Recently, the consultant rang me up after an extremely long lapse, which jolted my memory about using this service and to write a review based on my own personal experience.

+ Professional in their dealings but that's about it

- Trying to rush through the matches allowed in the contract

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

Amakusa Shiro, Being in the business of personal relationships and love for the last 21 years means I generally never forget a face or a name. After reading this review the name did not sound fa... read more »

Dear Linda, I can assure you my review is my personal experience and my consultant is not you but another lady. My nick here is not my actual name, that is why you will not be able to find it in y... read more »

Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

If that is in fact the case please contact me personally so I can discuss your situation with you. Kindest regards Linda

Never truly experienced love until I found ideal introductions

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2014

This is the best thing money can buy when you truly want to find your partner for life.

I had been single for a very long 7 years and with 2 young children, I never thought I was going to find a man let alone a decent one!

I finally made the decision to give ideal ago, got set up and then the wait began, within 1 week I had my first match! I was stoked and so over the moon.

I met the first match he was great and we had a great time, but I couldn't believe it he was exactly what they said he would be and most importantly he liked me which made things easy, I wasn't 100% sold so I opted for a second date, after our second date I knew it wasn't for me so I let the ladies know and back to the drawing board we go.

I met 4 men in total, all I gave a fair go too I went on numerous dates as you shouldn't judge a book by its cover and you have to remember it's not the appearance you fall in love with.

Finally on the 4th match they girls did it! They found my soon to be husband! He knew and I knew that we were right for one another, and it's ironic how alike we both are and it feels as if we have known each other for longer than we have. You know it's right when you feel it! He's quite the catch and very domesticated haha he loves the dishes.

We met in August 2013, he proposed in December 2013 we are to be married in July 2014 and we are expecting our first child together in September 2014! I wouldn't change this for the world and for once in my life I am truly satisfied with life and where it's going.

Best advice: Just give it a go as you never know where it will take you. Mines a happy ending and yours maybe too

+ Very accurate, didn't have to do all the looking, no heart breaks to find the 1. I have recommended IDEAL to all of my single friends!

Comments
Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

Dear Miss R, Our database changes on a daily basis and it is our database that depicts how often matches are made. Matches are generally made on a monthly basis but if you are in a harder demograph... read more »

Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

Dear Miss R, Without knowing your identity I unfortunately cannot comment on your individual circumstance but I will give you some examples of what happens when people are in harder demographics as... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 answer

Fantastic Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2014

Firstly, I must say what a wonderful experience I have had.
However, before I begin I would like to say that I had been separated for over 3 years and decided it was time to move on. At 55 and being married for over 20 years, this was not going to be easy
I did the usual thing of looking at the internet dating sites thinking that, with the thousands of women on there, I was bound to find one. but just couldn't bring myself contact anyone.
I then went with a mate to singles parties but that wasn't my cup of tea either. So I thought that if I was going to meet anyone i would just keep my eyes and ears open and see who crossed my path. Many did but do you think
I could bring myself to ask any of them out - not in your life, so that wasn't going to work for me.

I had just about given up when, by chance, I heard an add on the radio about Ideal Introduction. I don't know what it was, but it just felt right, so I gave them a call.
I arranged to attend an interview with one of their staff who was just fabulous. She took the time to explain the process, showed me pictures of ladies to get an idea of what I was looking for and fill out a profile.
I was encouraged to expand and be very specific and particular about the person I was looking for which sounded odd but the explanation was that the more detail you can give us the better chance we have of matching you with someone.

Ideal introduced me to three beautiful women.
The first one was very nice and we went on 5 dates. There were many positives but I came to the realization that she was not the perfect match for me.
This is where Ideal did their best work. In speaking to them I said that these were the things I liked about this person and these were the things i didn't like so much. With this information they were able to narrow down the type of person i was looking for.

The second lady was also very nice and we went on 6 dates before, by mutual agreement, we decided that maybe we are not the best match for each other.
In both cases it was difficult to say say goodbye as they were such beautiful women.

Then I met with my third date.
It is now 5 months that we have been seeing each other and she is the most beautiful, honest, loving person.
I never thought that I would meet someone that understood my quirky ways, the way I think and the silly things I do at times. But she just seems to embrace them. To have a person like this in my life is a wonderful thing.
Would I have met a person like this without Ideal Introductions, maybe, maybe not. At least I am not still looking for this person.

What I can say is that all the ladies that Ihave dealt with at Ideal have been so wonderful and had my interests first and foremost. For a shy person who was afraid to ask women out(or forgotten how to) they have made my experience so easy. Yes I did have to make that first phone call, but the lady at the other end of the phone was expecting my phone call so that made it so much easier. Their attention to detail to select the right women for me was excellent.

+ Very understanding, willingness to assist, and always interested in my progress with each date

Happy Ending :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2014

Ideal was great. The staff were really friendly and helpful the whole time. I loved the feedback they gave me after my dates. I met 3 lovely men with Ideal. The first guy was lovely and we had a great date, but he wasn't for me. I was a bit disheartened but wasn't going to give up that easily. The second guy was even more suited and we had 3 dates but went our separate ways. Again I was a bit disheartened but picked myself and tried again. The third guy was even better. He was really well suited to me, lots of the key qualities I was looking for and...the spark was there. We are still together and are moving in together in 2 months. I am honestly so thankful to Ideal.

I love the guided nature of the Ideal dating process. Both parties know exactly what to expect. And the Ideal staff was available for whatever level of support I could have needed.

I'd recommend Ideal to anyone who is seriously interested in a long term relationship.

Amazing, excellent, highly recommend it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2014

The team at Ideal Introductions are a wonderful group of people who are very professional, kind, caring and results focussed.

I met with them after deciding to get back into a serious relationship (with the right lady). I was prompted to call Ideal after hearing their advertisement on the radio. I wanted to meet someone who was highly compatible with me and I thought the 'planned scientific' approach was worth a try. At first I was quite dubious (and a little nervous), as to what I could expect to gain from their unique service. 'Ideal' did not disappoint, and delivered an excellent outcome!

The profiling and planning process is very thorough and well thought out. The more honest and up-front you are the better the result will be! The staff are very helpful and friendly and made it seem easy and effortless to get started and get going. The profiling takes the guess work out of meeting that special someone and the match-ups are well tailored to suit both candidates.

Through Ideal Introductions I have met a wonderful woman, who is an amazing person and we are so incredibly compatible with each other on many levels.

I highly recommend their service to anyone!

Love is All You Need

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2014

We were not registered with Ideal for very long. Had a couple of dates that knew would not progress any further. We were both ready to give up and cancell our registration. Then Pete and I met, sparks and a connection were there from the beginning. We have been inseperable ever since. So much so that we are now engaged to be married Sept 2015 yay thanks x

+ reliable, gave handy date hints

- expensive, couple of dates the guys were not my type

Ideal Match!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2014

Linda and the team are very professional in what they do . After 6 dates I met my match and got that spark straight away and knew he was something special :)
We are now engaged and getting married next March 2015 . Be patient as the database changes with different people but I can now say that I am happy I was patient and waited as having a long term partner is the best gift anyone can have . All you need is love :)

+ Attention to detail ; time efficient ; reliable

- Seemed expensive at first but well worth it when you want to find someone who serious about wanting a committed relationship longterm .

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

Wonderful Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2014

thank you to the lovely staff at ideal. your professionalism and attention to my needs have enabled me to find a lovely new partner who I am enjoying time with. everything you promised you delivered on and you were always very approachable. I would recommend this service to everyone

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Thanks Ideal!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2014

After a lengthy divorve (and an equally lengthy break) I tried some online dating sites as they were cheap (or free) and so there was little to lose. As I came to realise, there was also little to gain either as most people on the site seemed to only be interested in filling in some spare time and not finding a partner.

A couple of years ago I saw an article about Ideal Introductions in a local magazine which explained how they operated and I thought that it might be a good idea to try them so I gave them a call. The staff were friendly and helpful and had hints and tips to help me along. I provided feedback after each date and they provided feedback to me some of which was good and some not so good but I needed to hear it and it helped. But most importantly of all the matches I met seemed genuinely interested in finding a partner and for the first time the only stopping block appeared to be if we both clicked. This in itself was an enormous difference from the online dating scene.

I had about 6 to 8 matches in total and all of them were very nice ladies and I had an enjoyable time with them all. However, after the first 3 I realised that I wasn't getting the exact type of match I was looking for so I contacted Ideal to let them know. We discussed the issue and from then on the matches improved considerably. I then met Kerry and we seemed to click almost immediately, had a huge amount in common and very similar values.

We have been dating now for about four monthS and we are both very happy. Thanks Ideal!

1 of 6 pages