Verified Customer

Forget internet dating - these guys are the real deal !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2015

After trying other internet dating sites, I was almost out of options and getting frustrated with the caliber of men I was meeting. I didn’t know if it was me or if I just didn’t have my radar properly tuned.

I vented my frustration to a close friend of mine and she suggested I try out Ideal Introductions. I thought about it and …well..what did I have to loose.. so I bit the bullet and gave them a call. I spoke with Sara who was so understanding and knew exactly how I was feeling, she made me feel so at ease and after our conversation a meeting was made. So I ventured up from the GC to big Brisbane city and met with the lovely Sara. She asked me what I wanted in a man and I just said a Hugh Jackman look-a-like and a real man’s man…(she actually wrote this down!) and asked me other questions and was so attentive to what I was looking for. I left the interview with high hopes of finding a man that would be better suited to me than the other idiots I had met. Oh and trust me gals when I say this.. the guys at ideal genuinely want to meet someone too and… eek, dare I say it, are ready to commit.

Ok so I went for a few dates (2 in fact) and both weren’t for me…However I didn’t give up ..It was then that Kimberly (another amazing ideal introductions staff member) called me and said she has this guy lined up for me, I agreed to the call and he called. I know for the first call you are supposed to keep it short and sweet but this guy and I instantly clicked we talked for 3 hours !! He and I talked every night for the next week ! I was like I knew him all my life, I couldn’t believe that such a man existed.

So the time came and we went on our first date, it was so wonderful this guy knew how to make me laugh and he actually did look a little bit like Hugh Jackman ! (how freaky is that). We kept seeing each other and it was like it was meant to be we just “got” each other…now without sounding tooo soppy... One day he turned up to my door with a dozen red roses, chocolates, wine and a teddy and went down on one knee and asked me if I would be his girl (haahaa I almost died I thought he was proposing !!). And now after 3 months we have moved in together and couldn’t be happier, I have met the love of my life, I couldn’t imagine my life without him in it. And it all started with taking a chance and thinking outside the box and talking with Sara and Kimberly from Ideal. I am so glad I did, because I’m in love and soo soo happy and it was all because I trusted in Sara and Kimberly to find me someone amazing …it didn’t happen in an instant but the important thing is.. it did happen.

Personal and Professional

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2015

From the moment, I first spoke to the staff and the conversations since, I cannot fault the professionalism of this organisation. As a personalised service, I realise that they provide the ability to bring couples together, what happens after that is up to you and who you are lucky to be matched with. I haven't been part of this scene for over 15 years, so I was a tad nervous, but that was quickly turned around by their staff. They have supported me, provided me with useful references to get back into "dating again" and have rang after dates to see how things have gone. If you are looking to get back into dating and not into the bar scene, not into other websites or new to Brisbane and don't have the social network readily available to meet people to develop friendships and relationships, then I recommend Ideal.

Verified Customer

Extremely dedicated to their job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2015

For me, the experience with Ideal, although not yet successful in finding me a lifetime partner has been above all my expectations.
I have even had phone calls from my consultant and also Linda, the owner at odd times of day, being after hours and on a weekend at one stage.
Their dedication to the task at hand, finding clients a suitable match is second to none I am certain.
Online dating is faceless and not worth the effort and time whereas the service offered by Linda and her team at Ideal is the ultimate way to find the love you are searching for.

I would not hesitate to recommend Ideal to anyone who asked me for advice.

Very happy with Ideal !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2015

I have been with Ideal for approx 6 mths, very impressed with the professionalism right from the getgo.
They have made me feel extremely comfortable throughout the whole process enabling me to be very open about what type of person I was looking for.
Have been on several dates and all girls have been very nice, not one match was I disappointed in and I credit this to the Ideal staff listening to what sort of person best suited me.
I am now dating a girl I met from Ideal and we are getting on wonderfully.
My comment to anyone signing up with Ideal is to be open with your thoughts and wishes as they are very good listeners and can use your comments to help you find your match.

• 1 comment
  • 14 helpful votes

Do not waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2015

I invested with Ideal to help me meet someone special. I was excited, albeit nervous, to start with. I thought it would be an amazing way to meet someone. Wrong!! My first date was so diabolical I thought it might have been a set up to make me stronger so I could at least say "no date could be worse than that!". Not only did they not listen to any of the feedback I gave them (which incidentally is supposedly very important for them to find you the right partner) but practically bulldozed me into dates with men who were just not in anyway shape or form right for me. I was so angry after every date I went on. When I had first visited their office to meet with one of the "matchmakers", I felt so horrible about myself. She made me feel so awful with her comments. Do not use this service. They take a lot of money from you and will not deliver. Online dating can be hit or miss, but at least you are not out of pocket thousands of dollars.

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

Dear reviewer, Reading this review actually horrifies me. We do have a Relationship Manager who deals with feedback on a daily basis and our clients always have the choice of declining an introdu... read more »

Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

I have determined which client wrote the above review and have left a message with her to discuss the situation further. I am awaiting a returned call.

Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

My call has not been returned so I feel I need to state my version of events. I actually contacted this client two days prior to this review being posted, offering to look after her personally as s... read more »

• 9 helpful votes

Not what I was sold on.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2015

Have been meaning to write a review of my experiences for some time now.

Firstly the lady that I spoke to [name removed] at the Brisbane office was awesome. Really made me feel at ease with the questions and trying to get a feel for what I was after. Unfortunately we had a miscommunication about one issue which didn't help.

My biggest problem was the time frame and lack of communication. Took about 4 to 5? weeks after paying the first part of my fee to go on my first date. Unfortunately because of the miscommunication we were not ideally matched and my date said right from the get go I was totally outside her age bracket.

Then i waited for two months without communication from Ideal, other than a phone call to get the second half of my fee.

I rang up to find out what was going on and they told me it was difficult to match me because I don't want children.

While I understand that, If I had been told of this originally instead of being told to expect 1 or possibly 2 dates a month I wouldn't have signed up.

Long story short, Great people to deal with, but for me unable to deliver on their promises ,and when they have your money, they have your money with no hope of refund.

Cheers

Adam

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

I have left a message for Adam to phone me directly to discuss his situation. I am waiting for a reply.
Sincerely, Linda Prescott. Director Ideal Introductions.

Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

Whilst Adam did receive service, we have now processed a refund in good faith as we felt looking at his updated criteria it was extremely hard for him to have service of the standard we like to pro... read more »

Verified Customer

Early days, but very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2015

I had been separated a year after a 20 year marriage when I spoke to Ideal Introductions.
I'm a successful professional and was happy to pay more to give myself the best chance of finding a life partner.
After researching all the different dating options I decided that Ideal had best approach and track record. I liked their face to face profiling system, ongoing dating guidance and feedback.
So I joined up. It was a very thorough interview and they pushed me outside my comfort zone, but I could immediately sense their experience and desire to get results.
And they were very friendly and helpful, knowing it was a quite a while since I had dated. They gave me lots of advice and information, focussed on my personality, strengths and weaknesses.
Linda told me a bit about my first date she had chosen, guided me on the phone call and places to go.
Well I messed a few things up. But we got on pretty well and I liked her. So we had another date and another. We started to really want to be around each other. Since then it just keeps getting better.
Ideal encourages me to talk to them for any on-going advice.

Thanks Ideal

Redlands

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

A much better option for me than internet dating sites

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2015

As a time poor professional man, Ideal provided the perfect solution to my dating aspirations.
My most recent introduction has resulted in a relationship and could not have hoped for more.
I thought the whole experience was pleasant - the approach probably increases the chances of finding someone special in comparison to other technology options out there
Maybe I'm just old school but i prefer interacting and meeting people face to face right from the start.
Ideal staff were friendly and professional and made me feel comfortable with whole thing right from the start
So thanks, life is great at the moment !

Verified Customer

A genuine alternative to internet dating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2015

I joined ideal approximately a year after leaving a 10 year relationship. As a single mother, that year was focussed on my child, my work and getting to know myself again. But I rapidly realised that the structure of my life at the time meant I simply just could not meet anyone new. My friends were all married. They either didnt have any single friends, or there was a reason why their single friends were still single! So after no dates in a whole year, I dabbled in internet dating, but it rapidly reminded why I didn't go back there. I'd met my first partner that way (1st warning), and the people I met either wanted a quick fling or were just not right for me. False impressions given off everywhere.
One day I was talking to a coworker about how difficult it is to meet new people. She suggested looking into alternatives like speed dating or meeting agencies. I'd heard the Ideal ads on the radio and never really paid attention. As I drove home that day, the ad came on again, and this time I paid attention. I looked up the website and googled the reviews (as you are doing right now). I read positive and negative. But I also looked at that knowing that some people are simply more picky than others, so may have different expectations based on their own opinions. I just wanted to get out there and meet people, so the positive reviews were in my favour.
I was very nervous sending the information form on the website. Wondering what kind of people really sign up to these things. But the whole process was so smooth and I felt very comfortable. Yes, it is a bit pricey. But I took that as a positive - that the people you would meet would be genuine.
I was initially worried about how many matches I would get and whether I would get my "money's worth", so to say. However, my first (and only) match has been fantastic. There was instant connection and chemistry. Things are just so comfortable and natural. And despite what I paid, I would never have met this person had I not gone to Ideal.
If you are not sure, just give it a go. The whole team is so approachable. They respond to every question and concern I have, without judgement. Definitely worth it.

Verified Customer

The best decision I have made

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2015

After dating online which I really didn't feel was for me and had some not so good experiences. I heard the add on the radio for Ideal Introductions.
I phoned them and spoke to them about what they offered they made me feel very comfortable and interested in Ideal, so I made an appointment to see them .At our meeting I knew that this was something I wanted to do and felt totally at ease with talking about what I wanted and didn't want in a partner . I choose the package to have a personal Matchmaker.
Within a couple of days she called me with my first match.
I went on my first date feeling very nervous but excited too. She got it right as I had a awesome night and have met a wonderful man who I am still seeing. It was the best decision I have made. I would recommend Ideal Introductions as they delivered exactly what they promised.

morayfield

• 9 helpful votes

Expensive and disappointing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2015

I am finding the process demeaning, the communication lacking. I spoke with one of the ladies last week who told me I need to be more realistic, then came up with a match who was 9 (!!) years my senior. I was told that men in my age group were really looking to date a woman a decade less.
I have now spoken with others that have had a very similar experience. This is not a rout that I would recommend!

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

I have contacted this client personally, briefly chatted over the phone in reference to her first date concerns within the agency. We have a scheduled appointment for next week for a face to face ... read more »

Ideal Introductions & Match Makers Official

Well our meeting happened as planned which is great. After speaking in depth I discovered the following feedback from her first introduction. A nice date spending 2 1/2 hours together having dinner... read more »

Private message

Ideal took the time to find out what I was looking for and it payed off.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2014

Although I was nervous to start with the team at ideal put me at ease as soon as I walked in the door. Professional and thorough ideal took all the guess work out of meeting someone new and although I have been informed it doesn't usually happen on the first date it did for me. This service is perfect for time poor professionals that are ready to take that next step.

It was meant to be

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2014

I was 29 and dreading turning 30 and still being single. After a being single for a few years I was ready to give up. I thought I would give Ideal a try thinking it was my last chance.
After 2 so so dates I went into the 3rd date thinking of maybe this isnt for me, but Ill give it one more chance. Fast forward 3 years and I am counting down the days till I marry my best friend and to top it off we have a beautiful 1 year old together. I

Seize the day!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2014

I am 34 years old, working full time - includes night shift work, living in a regional area outside of Brisbane, and studying toward a postgraduate diploma. My excuse for being single for years was my career. But when I seriously considered the people around me, I noticed that my colleagues (of varying levels of attractiveness, in my opinion) were doing similar jobs, also studying, but are either dating, married, juggling sick elderly family, kids, hobbies etc.

Don't come up with excuses, think about what you really want in life and just go for it. Being too busy for love is a myth! Think about all the hours you spend watching TV, replying to emails, waiting in traffic, supermarket lines, looking for a car park. Delegate! Hire people to do your cleaning, laundry, order groceries online and have it delivered! Emails can wait! Plan ahead, prioritize and make time!

I started with internet dating websites, it took me months to meet a couple of men and it was time consuming to look through copious number of profiles and waiting for a reply, then screening out the unsuitable candidates, or worse - getting no replies. I needed some one to do all the hard work for me, so I can just concentrate on working, studying, and enjoy the dating experience on my rare days off shift work. Ideal did just that. I paid for the full matchmaker package, the make over, the photo shoot, etc. Ideal did exactly as promised. I meet four very good looking, successful, driven, and interesting men. My fourth match and I are still dating and getting along fine.

I highly recommend ditching the websites and choose Ideal!

Thanks Ideal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2014

I had been single for 5 years after the death of my husband, and I felt that I was ready to start dating again. I had been married for 26 years, and the dating scene was very different back then. I did not want to use online dating, so I contacted Ideal. The professional, friendly staff at Ideal gave me the confidence to give it a go.
I have now been going out with M for over 3 months, and I can't tell you what a change it has made to my life. M was my second match, and we hit it off from our very first meeting. I now have so much to look forward to in life, especially weekends, and enjoy M's company immensely. Thank you so much Ideal.

Spot on first time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2014

Finding myself single, I was astounded by how much dating had changed after 10 years! So, being a single Mum this time and not having much time to spare, I thought I'd 'get my brave on' and face the online dating game. Wow, what an experience!!! But, NOT the type I was after!!! I needed to find someone genuine with old fashioned values and the fact that people are pre-screened and personally matched was a big reason I chose Ideal Introductions as my next plan.

The day I joined, I was matched!!! AND, with someone who turns out to be amazing!!! I still can't believe that is even possible!!! I know I am on cloud nine as it's still early days, but Ideal certainly got it right for me. I'd recommend them to anyone who wants a more personal and credible experience than online dating.

Newcastle

It Can Happen!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2014

Going in to Ideal Introductions neither of us were sure what to expect. The staff were very professional and helpful in arranging matches and really tried to understand what you were after. The guidelines really helped, going on a date you knew from the get go that you were after the same thing so you could just relax and be yourself and let the connection happen. We both had a few matches before they set the two of us up on a date, however i am so glad they did. It was the best first date i had ever had and the connection was there from the very beginning. Ideal got the match so right i really couldn't believe it. Two years later we are very happy, in love and are getting married next year. Cannnot thank you enough Ideal.

Private message

It didn't happen overnight but it did happen!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2014

After several years of separation I was ready to get back into the dating scene but felt lost as to how to go about it. Starting out with Ideal was quite a daunting thought until I met my matchmaker. She put me at ease immediately, took the time to get to know me well enough to introduce me to some well considered matches and listened to my feedback after every one of my dates. I took on board her professional and respectful feedback, put on my big girl pants made from resilience and perseverance and, after about a dozen matches I finally met the man of my dreams!!! My matchmaker encouraged me to consider options and characteristics in men I wouldn't have normally considered and now I am very happily in a relationship with a very beautiful (and younger..) man!! Who knew??? I certainly didn't but I had faith and hope in my matchmaker and I will always be very grateful to her because she did know ... So now I am lucky enough to know what it feels like when that extra special connection is made... We have been together for nearly 4 months now and still find it amazing at how lucky we have been to find each other. Thank you Ideal... but a simple thank you really doesn't seem enough !!

+ One on one personalised and face to face service. Was quite expensive but this was a worthwhile investment because I was dealing with professionals and I knew I was meeting men who were serious about a relationship.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Well worth it and had FUN !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2014

Going with Ideal Introductions was my first (and hopefully my last) experience with a dating agency, which started with the normal jitters, but soon I found the staff were very helpful with clear and positive feedback. Some dates did not work so well, however most were quite pleasing and we had fun. This was my first time back on the dating scene after some 20+ years and now my partner (of some 4 years) and I are well on our way and enjoying a new found relationship. Ideal were always quite focused on finding dates that were well matched and kept in contact without pressure. I recommend their services to anyone who is looking for a genuine relationship and partner.

+ Very open and supportive, understood who I was looking for

• 2 helpful votes

Worth it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2014

I was very unsure when I first signed up for Ideal but the interview was very friendly and this was the main reason I chose Ideal. My first date didn't go so well but they helped me out with some advice for next time and the next date went really well and we are continuing to see each other. Hopefully it will continue for a while to come.

+ The interview, you know you are meeting a genuine person because they have been through the same process, they can't make a fake profile like on internet dating

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes