IGA Mallacoota doesn’t have a return policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

On buying a bottle of “ off” insect repellent I discovered the pump sprayer was faulty
When I took it back the next day the cashier said it’s not their fault it doesn’t work and it’s up to the me to sort it out with the manufacturer.
It’s not a response I’ve ever got from coles Aldi Woolworths so I assume IGA has no return policy .
Buyer beware .

Ballan

Private message

Awful service from a cashier very rude and aggressive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

I had a few terrible experiences at IGA in Ballan, some fruit is rotten, aisles are dirty, some products on the shelves are expired, but the worst is having a terrible service from a cashier she was very rude to an elderly person and aggressive. Any costumer should have the right to be treated nice and respectfully.

Belmore SOUTH - Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 34 helpful votes
Private message

Stingy business owners! Rip-offs galore!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Most IGAs are operated by stingy business-owners who don't give a rat's about you. Some of these owners can hardly speak English lol

Their prices are higher than Woolies/Coles.

Aisles are narrow, tiny and often dirty. In the frequently run IGA advertisement staring that funny fat guy (Shane?) with the beard, they plant FOUR (4) actors stacking shelves behind him lmao

THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. THEY ARE LAUGHING AT US.

Fruit and vegetables are usually stale and rotten.

They use MISLEADING practices....such as placing a "reduced price" ticket on an item and then charging full-price at the checkout, hoping you're too lazy or stupid to notice.

IGA is rubbish!

Warrimoo

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Blaxland, NSW - refused replacement of faulty product!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I bought Ansell disposable gloves which were most likely stored in high temperatures for a long time, and the material completely lost its flexibility. I tried one glove, and it was useless. IGA Blaxland (NSW) manager refused a refund on the basis of the box being open! How to see that a product is faulty without opening the packaging… well, not his problem, is it?

It appears that IGA Blaxland manager is not aware of basic consumer rights any customer has under the Australian Consumer Law. Refusing to replace a faulty, not fit for purpose product with one-week old docket is clearly against very basic customer protection rules. However, for me, just before Christmas, it was not worth fighting for $5.60 refund -- let this be a good will donation towards Mr Manager basic consumer right and legal obligations training he so badly needs.

Great Southern, Western Australia

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

New IGA Opening in the New Year in Katanning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Yippee I have recently heard that a new IGA supermarket and Co-op (including Cafe) is to open (reopen?) in Katanning in the Great Southern in the New Year. I was very sad to hear that it closed its doors late this year which left Woolies with the monopoly in town. Sadly Woolies didnt pull up their socks and offer better service/produce/stock despite being the only store in town. So thumbs down to them..
So its great news that the new IGA will be opening thanks to some enterprising gentlemen from nearby.
BUT IGA you need to stock more things. Eg: Don't offer just 1 jar of curry paste when the brand offers 6 or more or one variety of anything etc...(has been the only negative I have heard about your store).
I love shopping at your store (or used to before you closed your doors), most of your staff (99%) were excellent, friendly and helpful (not including your latest Telstra rep...she just didn't want to be there and we encountered her more than once but never went back after her rudeness...unlike the previous young lady you employed who was terrific.I love that your veges and fruit were fresh and shelves never empty. I loved the fact that you restocked (had deliveries) 3 times (I believe) a week. Maybe your prices could be a little more competitive ;)
Why did Woolies only ever have 1 delivery a week and always only promote their own brands. Their shelves were always empty of specials....their standard answer is "it will be in tomorrow"...not good enough Woolies...if you are running out order more!! Stock more!! I live out of town so cant just pop in 'tomorrow'. Nor can I return your old limp veges...sometimes I could tie a knot in your beans and asparagus they were so limp...and your vege staff don't like negative comments...probably because they get so many!
Thankyou IGA for making Katanning a better place and I hope you get lots of support from the town and surrounding areas...just advertise that you are open and we will come running :)

Perth

Verified Customer

IGA Girrawheen forall your rooten food and expired products.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

If you go to their vegetable section, much of the produce is rotten inside but looks great from outside.
Straight from the shop to home and snap the celery open and it's all brown. Most of their beetroots are soft and old, the potato bags most of them have rotten potatoes in them and I've thrown so many out including many other vegetables and other foods. The apples seemed to be very old and rotten inside when I cut into them. I bought a 3 pack of mangoes, rotten inside! Half their bananas are rotten inside. There actually doesn't seem to be much fresh product at all because I used to help run a market garden & fruit farm and without blowing the lid on growers I know the tricks and bad practices to hide old or rotten food. Everything in this particular store seems to get seconds only. Seconds as in bad quality produce rejected for big brand shops. No matter how much I complained nothing changed. In fact, each time they tried to force me to have an argument with the supplier representative even though I said lets walk over and have a look at all the mould on the oranges a few meters away to start with, they refused and they were forcing me to have it out with that person. Not once would they follow me to show them and refused to even look at what I was talking about but always trying to put me in conflict with someone else. Disgraceful and a cop out response. That doesn't even count the huge amount of expired goods out of date. This store really needs to be closed until they get their act together.

I cant believe I stayed shopping there for so long.

This store has definitely given IGA bad name and myself and several others will no longer shop there.

Bad Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

A frail aged man asked if a certain item had been ordered, the Female manager responded very aggressively, and shouted at him "yes" the frail aged male was very shaken by this response. Sick and aged people require certain food items to survive and need to be treated with respect when they shop. I said " If they were working for a large retail shop, they would be thrown out the door". The next week when I shopped at this store; a male member of staff, stacking shelves, enacted a 'Head Butt' action towards me when I walked past him in the shop. The Staff were ordered not to talk to me at the Cash & Rap Counter. The manager then stopped ordering a specific item; that I use to buy every week; So, I now shop in a different supermarket. The store has Out of Date items that people frequently complain about. Bad Experience: Bad Business.!

Compaint

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Price of fresh produce veg.fruit.eggs etc price on meat etc catalogue specials not available & what's available runs out prior to end of WK price of cheese so expensive.

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

Great staff. Friendly people. Fresh produce. Yummy cakes, deli section, clean and tidy. That's all you want when food shopping.

Wurtulla IGA is my favourite place to shop. The only drawback is sometimes parking is a problem

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

The staff are so welcoming and I've got to know some of them. I love supporting their local business. Parking can sometimes be an issue however as the entry to the shopping centre is precarious and narrow. I like to buy my nuts, chocolate, milk, vegies and yoghurts. They have a wide variety although some things in the fridge section are close to use by date.

• 3 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Annangrove IGA loads prices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

$5.65 for a day old loaf of Helgas Bread. A small packet of gelatin $7.00....... that speaks volumes.
It seems that there is no price control or regulation across IGA stores,
and some just inflate prices because there is no competition for 5km in any direction.
If they were reasonable with their prices, people would be loyal rather than just going there when they are desperate.
This surely gives a poor name to IGA as a chain.

Verified Customer

more inferior quality fruit and vegetable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

a great product some weeks. But my Last purchase of organic potatoes had sprouted , and mouldy clusters through whole bag. as these are an unwashed product, there should be no moisture to cause mould. they feel soft to the touch so I think are old produce???another of many cases of inferior fruit n veggies - does no-one check them?
wondering who puts the use by date on what appears to be a store brand. is it a supplier issue or an Iga issue. the same product appears on the shelf week after week but with different use by dates. and products that dont have a use by date seem to stay on the shelf for way too long

Tamworth

• 4 helpful votes

Shopping with iga

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I've found alot of the dairy products are always close to the used by date also have found some of the fruit taste disgusting like the oranges

Melton, VIC

Supports OZ Small Goods Manufacturing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I like the availability and array of smaller brands especially in Dairy/Deli aisles. Y'know what you don't get in the big stores but were brought up with. Some homebrands are just duds.

Heritage Not so Delite mini meringues

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Where's the No Star? Bought Heritage Delight mini meringues. Horrible. Ruined desert and wasted my strawberries, passion fruit and cream mini pavs. All sugar no egg whites crumbled mess. What happened to the quality from last year? Will try Woolworths brand next time.

Private message

a new store, but opportunity lost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Poor store presentation, low quantities of stock, not faced up, limited range, overpriced.poor meat selection, a lot of open space could be used for more shelving. Poor quality veges, limp & discolored. I will drive past this store and travel 14klms to yarraman iga. In future.

Winchester Hampshire

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Was in your store on Tuesday evening & purchased a clivia plant which was in a very heavy pot -a fact which your assistant, Anthony noted & he very kindly offered to carry it to my daughters car. A very courteous & thoughtful young man whose assistance was gratefully accepted.
Thank you so much.
What a pleasure to have such an observant assistant.

Melbourne

Goods and services

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

This is a new store in the middle park area the staff are very friendly and helpful the range of products is great prices reasonable also available which you don't find in many supermarkets is a fresh orange juice machine you buy the oranges then make delicious fresh orange juice they also sell packaged alcohol and the have a great cafe good for that catch up with friends or informal business chats the food is great the coffee is very good it's open for lunch and breakfast Monday to Friday till 3pm you'll be great by the warm welcome smile of Max the trading hours of the supermarket itself is 6am -11pm seven days a week with alcohol sales available after 11am ? Till 9pm so for a great supermarket and cafe experience head to DANNYS MILL ST IGA LIQUOR XPRESS COMMANDER RAYBETTERIDGE

Melbourne

• 6 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 11 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Premelted

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Most times i get icypoles or icecreams from this shop they are either melted or pre-melted. Doesn't matter if i get them from the top or the bottom. Many years of this. They will give money back but that doesn't make up for the effort it takes.

Private message

Get away with it if you can.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Yet again, IGA Bexley exceeds expectations with close to use by date stock on its shelves, hoping the customers need reading glasses that they have left at home!

Great special on Peanut M&Ms 440 gram box. IGA says normally sells for over $16!! On special for $5, saving over $11. WOW!

Only problem is 3 days only till use by date expiration and chashier thinks that’s fine.

1 of 16 pages

I was just wondering what the policy is on IGA supermarket stacking their shelves during the day? Local IGA does it during the day and make it virtually impossible to get down aisles. If I had a pram, trolley or wheelchair it would be impossible. Also it would be very easy for someone to trip over the boxes taking up so much space.

Annoyed asked on Dec 14, 2017

Answer this

This would be up to the business owner or manager as IGA's are independently operated. There would be no policy from IGA (or Metcash - owners of the IGA brand in Australia), and if there was a policy , there would be no way to police it. Based on the reviews, any policies, guidelines or standards that do exist from IGA/Metcash are not enforced.

I purchased a leg of pork on the 20th of July 2017. It was out of date reading use by the 16th. Today is the 22nd of July and I was ready to cook it but noticed it was off after checking the dates I took it back. What is IGAs policy for this situation?

Deb asked on Jul 22, 2017

Answer this

They should refund you and also give you a free replacement

Hello
A full refund plus a word to the manager about selling meat in this condition.

Yeah they have a 200% guarantee on fresh depts I'm sure. Money back plus replacement.

1 iga store best charge you $5 for milk 1 iga store is charging $3 35 for milk, are they allowed to do this? I think it's wrong. Can I lay a complaint?

Reginald Jensen asked on Dec 23, 2016

Answer this

I did wonder myself and found on the internet that Coles normally charge the same but the other two differ from suburb to Suberb and it does not mention it's not allowed.

Our wonderful government calls this "Deregulation" which is meant to encourage competition.
Milk, banks, electricity retailers etc etc the list is endless and all they do is put the price up, up up and charge what they like.
I would like to see politicians deregulated right out the front door of parliament house