Filter By:

Shop Location: VIC, Richmond

Customer service phone number - don't bother

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Purchased online and selected click and collect. Received an email saying my order was available to collect. Then minutes later received another email saying my order would be delivered on same date and time as the click and collect. Tried to call to see which was the correct email. On hold for a total of 3.5 hours with the constant 'your call will be answered very soon' message. No one ever picked up the phone so I will have to chance it tomorrow and make a possibly wasted trip to ikea and possibly miss a delivery at the same time. Really poor customer service. I would never use this service again.

Newcastle

• 1 comment

Shop Location: NSW, Tempe

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES DELIVERY FROM IKEA

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I wish I came here to check reviews prior to ordering a lounge from IKEA because like many have written before me my delivery has not shown up.

The ETA for the delivery was 7am-11am (booked 3 weeks prior) and it is currently 12.40pm and have not heard anything from IKEA. Their customer service is non-existent, after waiting on hold for 2 HOURS the line was cut off. It is evident that they don't want people to call as they don't show their contact number on the website, receipt or delivery order.

An absolute joke of an organisation. Perhaps they should've stayed out of Australia if this is how they intend to treat their "customers".

• 2 helpful votes

Utterly Horrendous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

ABSOLUTELY HORROR! NEVER EVER ORDER. SHOCKED AS DIND’T expect such an experience with IKEA. Ordered online on Black Friday and the order confirmation stated will be delivered on Tuesday and since this it has gone into an abyss. No response to multiple emails and call centre does not exist. One hour on to the IVR queue and calls do not go through to a staff. Tried to call toll who they use for delivery and they are equally clueless.

I am going to ACCC to sort this.

SHAMBOLIC & EPIC SCAM! IKEA shame on you guys!

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Tempe

Goods ordered and paid for a week ago, have not been delivered despite receiving email confirming

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Goods have not been delivered and customer service number is never answered. On hold for two hours and counting. I do not know when goods I have paid for will be delivered as I keep getting hung up on when I ring the customer service number. Have had to cancel local tradesman who was booked to assemble furniture, so IKEA inconveniencing more than just me. Won’t be buying IKEA ever again.

Shop Location: Online Store

How they sent my delivery out

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Ordered a whole kitchen from ikea to be delivered and how they wrapped and strapped the pallet to send it over 1000km away was disgusting. We went to pick up from collection point and the pallets were collapsed and were falling over. also was late on delivery and spent over an hour on the phone last week to be told they’d refund $100 to me which they haven’t done.

Shop Location: ACT, Canberra

Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Kitchen was meant to be delivered at x day and 15 minutes before delivery time they called to say they where out of stock. So now I have no kitchen as the old one was removed and it’s Christmas in couple of weeks so I have no way to cook Christmas lunch.

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Shop Location: Online Store

The worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Delivery didn't arrive (purchased early November, it's now December), impossible to contact anyone on phone, email requests ignored. Finally received an email with a "case number" and then no further contact - I'm stunned at the incompetence! Will now try driving out to a store to try and work out how to get my ordered products :(

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Shop Location: QLD, North Lakes

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

IKEA just manages to keep up the terrible customer service. Ever try to call the IKEA hotline. You will be on hold forever . We had some goods delivered today but not within the time slot that was allocated. They were late. Then I discover 4 baskets misssing later that evening; I was under the impression the driver still had them. There was no paperwork to say they were coming from another warehouse after ages on the phone I am told Toll Delivery will deliver them some time. Why is this information not clearly communicated. There is no real care with the staff who work there. I am totally at a loss at how this store operates with the millenals coasting along with no commitment to make shopping at IKEA pleasureable. I feel sick now every time I have to call this store.

Haberfield

• 1 helpful vote

Okay, but not great

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I bought a bed from IKEA which was the Askvoll Bed and when it got delivered it was broken, when i called ikea to find out what was going on they. Did not even know what i was talking about i had to go back and forth as the invoice number was not coming up on their end finally after 1 week of waiting for a call back someone called me and let me know that a new bed would be sent out. So a bed i was meant to get 2 days later ended up taking 2 weeks not happy with this

DON'T ORDER ONLINE!!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Had placed an order in beginning of November. After waiting more than 3 weeks, and yet the parcel never came to home. Call the carrier TOLL and said they lost my parcel and asked me to contact IKEA...Tried to call the customer service but NEVER ANSWERED!!!! So I had to go to their social media site and tried to get attention from them...And finally they replied and promised will resend my parcel. BUT, ordered 5 items and only got 1!!!!!!! THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!

Verified Customer Shop Location: QLD, Logan

Trying to get the online delivery was the most frustrating experience I ever had in my life

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Getting it delivered was so painful don’t know how painful the assembling would be just trying to get over the frustration of organising the delivery.

Shop Location: NSW, Marsden Park

Customer Purchase, No Purchase, No Tell.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

So I get a document with Order Number, Date of Delivery, Time of Delivery and Total amount incl. GST $608 for a Table and Chair I thought was successfully purchased online that was Approved. I was really very stubborn trying so many times to get my Visa Card through online, I was Yeah approved! I finally received a 'Order of Acknowledgment' to my Email (Very frustrating) . Apparently, 4 days before arrival, I call Ikea to confirm order details and find out; my Visa card didn't go through online like I thought and was very disappointed, as no one from Ikea even contacted me, nor was I even informed by email of the decline. I said to customer service, "if my Visa Card was declined. Why did I get a Order Number and Date of Deliver"? Apparently, even when the system of Ikea declines your Visa card, you still get a Acknowledgement of Order. (Doesn't make sense, does it). So I ring back at 8pm because they close at 8:30pm and I'm calling for and it's almost 9pm and realise, they just have a continuous recording. No announcement on the phone of Ikea of closing time. As a result, especially reading the reviews, I come to realise, Ikea has terrible service and delivery and maybe it's a Gods send, that my money never left my Visa Card or else I've been really angry as well.

Shop Location: Online Store

Home delivery service a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Love IKEA, loathe their home delivery service. Promised next day delivery for online order, stayed home all day, no delivery. Promised it would be next day so OK I stayed home all day again, no delivery. Promised it would be delivered that week to work address in a certain time slot "with priority" - again did not happen. Two more promises this week and still no delivery. Did I mention that I've spent hours on the phone over the past 11 days just to get to speak to someone about this?! Last conversation yesterday offered an apology and was told they would get back to me "shortly". If I ever get my purchase I will try to give a positive review of it but will never order home delivery again.

Verified Customer Shop Location: SA, Adelaide

Delivery service - Customer Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Am new to IKEA and have been reasonably happy until now (one call to customer service, gave up after being on hold for 30 mins) am now on 2nd call (on hold for 15 mins so far) - had notification item has been delivered but it wasn’t due until tomm (when I would be home to accept) Have got home and delivery not here - would just be nice to talk to someone....and make that another 30 mins on hold - an hour all up - not acceptable

Australia

• 8 helpful votes

Shop Location: QLD, North Lakes

Good customer service despite being on hold (phone) for 78 minutes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Good phone customer service despite holding for over an hour to speak with someone.

Staff at the returns and enquiries counter in store probably need more quality breaks after watching them deal with some challenging customers.

Verified Customer Shop Location: QLD, Logan

Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Unresponsive poor communication demand you update your details but fail to let you know that your delivery has been delayed.
Don't respond to e-mails in a reasonable time other to give you a ticket number.
Factory damaged goods.
Can't get a person to reply to my quality complaint.
Therefore this message.
What happened to Scandinavian efficiency?

Don't buy Online IKEA parcel delivery service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

We were moving to Melbourne and thought we would do up our new apartment the IKEA way. We ordered a host of items which were split into truck delivery ($69) and ($9). The truck delivery came on the scheduled date.
The parcel delivery is another story altogether.
Its been 15 days and we have tried calling them. The phone goes on endless wait. We emailed them and got a template answer saying 'we will respond shortly'

Then we went to the store who checked their system and said 'Well, the order has been created'. And they indicated that the parcel delivery items will be done by next week... The whole week went by and there is no sign of the delivery.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Shop Location: NSW, Tempe

9 weeks waiting and counting for delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

I was excited to see IKEA now do home delivery, as getting to a store is difficult. I ordered online and delivery could not be scheduled for 5 weeks. A long lead time, but I could wait - worth it not to have to go in to the store.

On delivery day I checked and still scheduled for delivery 7am-9pm. I rearranged my work and children so I could be available. No delivery. I called and (after being on hold for 45 minutes) was told something was out of stock so they would need to reschedule. New stock was due in the following Sunday, so I re-organised delivery. The same story the following week. Re-organised delivery again. This time I called first thing in the morning to check delivery was coming (online said it was, but i had learnt not to trust this). I was told no, again a stock issue. They could not identify which item(s) in my order were out of stock. They said that the warehouse is not operating effectively and that I could not be guaranteed any delivery date. I was told I was better off ordering click-and-collect, going into store and collecting and wheeling my order one counter to the left to organise delivery.

I made the 2 hours round trip (toddler in tow) to do this. I was relatively reassured by the helpful customer service rep at Tempe store and I had seen my order with my own eyes. I asked him what the chances were that my delivery would not turn up. He assured me that something would have to go very wrong for me not to receive my order. And here I am today, having spent 2.5 hrs on hold and still no clearer as to why my order has not and is not likely to be delivered today as organised (the courier company do not have my stock and report that the delivery address they have received is 634 Princes Hwy, Tempe - the IKEA store address). The call centre guy said he will call me back. I am still waiting. He could not tell me from looking at the system why my order is not being delivered today and would investigate.

Comments

As an update - I have been contacted and told that my order has been lost (yes, I had clicked and collected, so had paid for and received MY goods. Who knows who has my items.) So my order needs to... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 40 comments
  • 4 questions
  • 39 answers
  • 239 helpful votes

Trying to buy from them online = OMG Frustrating Plus

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

First off - I use ADD BLOCKING and Tracking Cookie Blocking etc., because the internet is just a nightmare of advertising without it, and companies / web services that share where I go and what I do there - it's NONE of their business...

OK out of all the stockpots available in the world, they had one that I thought was ideal for me....

Then comes the online purchase, where I fill out all my details and then comes this bit, "Ikea Business/family Card No:" - which means;

"IKEA FAMILY
If you want to shop as an IKEA FAMILY member just enter your IKEA FAMILY card number. This will allow you to take advantage of any available IKEA FAMILY offers or discounts."

Well IF means "No I don't" - so that stays as zero - "0".

Which results in, "Invalid profile"

I don't have one of their "IKEA FAMILY" cards, and the take it or leave it issue of "IF" is not a take it or leave it, it's a "YOU MUST"...

So I drop all the add blocking for "The Secure Purchasing Page" - no difference, no hidden text boxes etc...

Then I suspend all the "Tracking Blocker" software for this site..... And IKEA are selling the fact that I and all my personal information, with FACEBOOK, and a whole heap of data analytic companies....

Since when do the people running IKEA decide that it is their right to sell my information to FACEBOOK etc., that I am buying a god damned cooking pot from them?

So I look up the IKEA customer service number on their web page - and what have I got? An endless list of drill down menus, and useful hint lists etc., but no online sales phone numbers...

I then do a websearch, -- IKEA online sales phone number site:au -- and there is a site that only list customer service numbers, https://customernumbers.com.au/ikea-pty-customer-contact-number

Isn't that amazing! I have to go off the IKEA website to find a customer service number, because their IKEA website customer service page/s do not list it.

Well I rang the IKEA number, and have been on hold fold for nearly 50 minutes, I have typed up this review, and started searching for similar or identical pots online. Someone on ebay is selling the identical pots. There are also second hand sites / unused etc...

And I get the feeling that if I ring at 2am or 10am, I'd be getting the same recorded message "Someone will answer your call shortly".

I detail the issues several times including the fact about how branding a transactional relationship makes us according to the IKEA management, a part of their IKEA family. So am I buying a pot from them?, or can I just rock up to the CEO's place for christmas dinner - because we are all part of "The IKEA Family"?

It's so incredibly disingenuous to corporatise a transactional relationship, into a fake family relationship, in order to create and develop brand loyalty with needy, inadequate and lonely people.

And after being at this for an hour or more and sorting out all sorts of problems and talking to them, and sending them a screen shot, I asked, "Can you just box up a pot ($39) and send it to me? "No we cannot process online purchases over the phone"I clarified the issue, "My time is worth something. I have spent more than an hour trying to make a purchase, and I have taken a screen shot and emailed it to you to help you get your website problems sorted out, this has cost me, so can you simply box up a pot and send it out?"

You know - defective website, losing enormous amounts of orders, won't give a $40 pot as a way of saying thankyou for going out of your way, to help us fix up our problems..

"No we don't give products away - they have to be paid for"

Yeah well "No Service = No Sale", then isn't it.

And I am not coming back.

I just don't need the "IKEA hassles" of online "IKEA sales", and the ingratitude that goes with it.

IKEA = Time Wasters.

Shop Location: QLD, Logan

Appalling delivery service and even worse customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

An absolute joke. Waited all day for phone call for delivery. No contact at all. Called customer service...have been on hold for 1hr third time today. Seriously !!!!

1 of 34 pages