This product has been discontinued by InfaSecure.

cranbourne

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 12 helpful votes

Good value and safe

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

Very good value and has good crash ratings. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of others but for the price it's great. Easy to install but you need to remove it to change strap shoulder height which is annoying but at least you know kids won't accidentally change it themselves. There are several different models which are essentially the same seat but with different padding. I got one from big w with less padding for $120 to use in our second car.

Purchased at: Big W

• 4 answers
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Value for money car seat with good safety rating

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Seat has done it's job so far but I think the material used is a little bit poor quality because it has pilled quite badly. It would be great if it had a seat pocket too as I miss that feature after upgrading to this seat. It was a great price and let's just hope we never get to test out it's full capabilities in terms of crash resistance but I did do my research on this and it does rate well in crash tests, and apart from value for money, was the main reason I brought this particular model.

melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

good overall, but need some improvement

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

It is very comfortable and good car seat. Padding is excellent and the colour is great.
Price is cheap compared to other brands and it is always on sale from Baby bunting and other online stores. So just do a price match if you can't find it in your local shop.
Highly recommended.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Easy to install, clean and slimline

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Love this car seat and have now purchased a second one. It is for 6 months plus and has plenty of padding that can be removed as child grows. We have only just taken out the head padding for my soon to be 4 year old who is quite tall. Installing is easy and it quite a compact size. Good value for money.

Purchased at: BabyFrugal

Adelaide

• 8 helpful votes

Highly Recommend the Comfi Caprice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

We had to buy another car seat as we have twins and needed to upgrade from carrier to a 6month to 8year seat. We looked around at a number of seats, and came across some good reviews for this one. We have had it for a month now, and no issues at all. We purchased in Black as i reckon the orange colour would get dirty easier. The straps are very good quality compared to other brands we had tested.

As we have twins and another child, fitting 3 car seats in the back of car can be a challenge, but this one although not slim line, actually fitted in well.

Oxley

Safe for 6mth+

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

Bought this thinking it was able to be rear facing but wasn't. Meant we had to wait a little longer but that's okay. Great value for money and the padding is fantastic. Easy to install and move between cars if needed and really easy to wipe clean. I haven't needed to remove the padding to clean it yet. Keeps my child very safe and secure with minimal movement once clipped in tightly.

Purchased at: Baby Bounce

CHESTER HILL

• 1 helpful vote

Love this car seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Very easy to unstal, keep clean.. and my boys love their car seat... easy installation meaning i can move the seats when required between my car and the grandparents. Adjustable height so the kids can use them for extended periods. Would highly recommend this car seat to anyone looking for a safe reliable and affordable seat.

Tasmania

Private message

Great seat for little ones.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

I bought this seat when my daughter was 3mths shy of turning 4. She was too tall for her existing seat, but still needed to legally be in a harness. Also as she was my first, there were future babies in the making for which we could pass this seat onto without having the extra cost of purchasing another 0-4yr old seat. It was a win, win, so I bought 2, one for each car.
As a harnessed seat, I couldn't fault it. Great comfort, plenty of padding with an added head piece, even a cup holder which can go on either side. Easy to install, firmly fitting to the contours of the seat recline, and I have had this in both a Ford Territory and RAV4. My son who now uses it, looks like he is in a rocket ship, so comfy and secure! He doesn't look uncomfortable when sleeping either.
My disappointment in this seat was when I converted it into a booster only, without the harness. Although my daughter had reached the required markers, the seat belt path comes over the top of the seat instead of near the shoulder, which resulted in the seatbelt often rubbing on her neck. There is a seat belt guide provided with the seat, but as it can only be inserted into the last 'harness belt' hole, it was below the point she needed to have the belt sit. Plenty of research on this seat found that others had similar problems.
My only other complaint was in my choice of vehicle. In the Ford Territory, there were no issues, but in the RAV4, the seat belt wouldn't extend long enough to use it as a booster, because of the seat belt path it had to take. When I replaced the seat with another booster (InfaSecure Vario Treo) I had no issues.

Purchased at: My Baby Warehouse

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers

Great for my 4 year old

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I bought this for my 4 year old daughter. Compared with the 0-4yrs baby seat she had previously there seems so much more room around the base of the seat, which is nice space-wise. The top flares out a fair bit (i guess "wings" for head safety, so not complaining!) but due to this I'd say most cars would only fit 2 on the back seat. It was easy enough to install. My daughter seems really comfy in it and i can see plenty of room to grow. Converts to sash belt (adult belt) after a certain shoulder height but until then (probably at least 6 years old depending on a child's height, and height wise should then go to 7 or 8) there is a 5 point harness, with pads. The seat is anchored in, which is great for safety and peace of mind too. Very happy with my purchase.

Glenmore Park

• 4 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Awesome baby/booster seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

I bought this car seat for my granddaughter when she was 9 months old. It kept her very comfy with the padding and when she slept her head didnt flop around or fall to the side with head padding. I used the very same seat for her until she was 8 yrs old. I have since then bought another seat, as I was a proud grandma of a 2nd and 3rd granddaughter. So I use them for my 2 yr old and 5yr old girls. These seats have stood the test of time. They are both still in fabulous condition. I purchased a new cover for the original seat when my second grandbaby was born so that she could have something new, from Infasecure, so now I have 2 seats and 3 covers all in pink.... very easy to remove the covers wash and put back on. The seat itself is easy to put in and remove. I love the side impact protection and I love the different colours you can buy. a great car seat and booster - well recommended.
If i had to complain about anything, it would be that I would love to see the seat recline more for when it is changed to forward facing.

Great carseat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2016

I got this at my baby shower and its fantastic, however I lost the instruction leaflet and would like to know when my 5 month old can change from rear facing to front facing. Normally, I know its supposed to be 6 months but my daughter is nearly 7kgs and 65cms long so her feet are hitting the back car seats. If anyone has any info for me, that would be great. Thanks.

Ipswich

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Excellent car seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2016

Had a major car accident yesterday in our Holden Captiva and had my 18month old daughter in this seat. She is completely fine and Not injured and not a single scratch on her. I would HIGHLY recommend this car seat to anyone looking at purchasing it. very happy with this product!

Purchased at: My Baby Warehouse

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 10 helpful votes

my daughter wasn't hurt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2015

We had a car accident which wrote off our Pajero. My 3 year old was in this seat and she wasn't hurt at all didn't even say anything was sore. We could see the seat took some impact but I'm sure it was because of this seat that she wasn't injured at all.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 questions
  • 6 answers

Great Seat. Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2015

We bought the Toys r Us specific version called the Classique. it only comes in 2 colours but the mouldings etc are all the same as the Comfi Caprice. I checked this directly with Infa-Secure. I love that its an Australian seat designed for Australian standards (not adapted) and Australian company. My daughter (3) loves her 'Big Seat', She is comfortable in it for long car trips and can easily fall asleep in it with no problems.
We have purchased 2 of these so we don't have to take it out from one car to another and got them on special for $200 each. very happy with them.

Emerald

• 1 answer
Private message

great seat until it gets washed!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2015

I love this seat had it 10months & I've just had to wash it for the first time, done everything by the washing label, and now the seat cover is falling apart. Not happy at all. How is this seat meant to last 8yrs. Haven't even made it to a year yet.
Unhappy customer.

Beerwah, Queensland

• 3 answers

Great seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2015

Awesome seat for a great price. My 3 yo loves his seat, he sleeps easily in it with no complaints of being uncomfortable. Easy to use, great colours and fantastic customer service.

Hobart, Tasmania

• 1 helpful vote

Excellent. Love this seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2015

We bought two of these for my older children to sit in. They are so comfortable and well padded. My 6 1/2 year old will be harnessed for a long time in it which is perfect! Love them. They can be a little tricky to install but once in they're rock solid.

Great Seat!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2014

I LOVE my (well my childrens) Infa Secure Comfi Capries.

I love the colours available (we have purple and aqua) however I also love they have black and grey for those who aren't as happy with vibrant colours in their cars.

The whole seat from installation through to use is very easy.

I especially love that ALL infa secure car seats come with a red clip (used in place of a gated buckle) this makes the installation even more secure.

My only real "beefs" with this seat are that my straps do twist easily, however I have a few tricks I do to limit this happening. My other only beef is that I have to adjust the harness manually as my child/ren grow.

Victoria

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Careful when choosing booster for Boys

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2014

We chose this booster seat as it had the highest safety rating with RACV. Unfortunately, our son is most uncomfortable sitting in it, and have since been advised this seat was not the best choice for little boys. The seat is short where the harness comes up between his legs, it rubs his crotch & when it was first fitted, he had a small sore from the rubbing, which was awful for the poor little man. We have since loosened the belt, but it is not particularly safe as a result. Also, when he falls asleep in it, the seat is very upright, & his head & spine slump. He complains of a sore back when we have been in the car too long. Most disappointed in this seat, I've never felt the need to leave a product review before... But parents of boys... Check depth of seat for comfort when looking for a booster please.

+ Supposed safety rating

- Shallow seat for little boys, not comfortable

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
InfaSecure Official

Hey Chelsea! We're sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with one of our products. The issue you're describing is one of those things that are extremely difficult to balance - this partic... read more »

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Best Convertible Booster by far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2014

My 5 and 7 year old girls love there purple and aqua comfi. No complaints of sore bums, backs or necks and they'll even happily fall asleep in it! my 5 year old loves to show her purple Comfi seat off to everyone to come past the car (something which she never did with her Maxi Rider Easy Adjust and my 2 year old son loves to fight them to sit in one too :)
This seat is fantastically ergonomic which is a must for long trips.
The lower belt path stops forward movement of the seat which is also a must for small cars where the front seats are close to the rear seats.
Cant go past the blow mould design (A.C.T) either :)

+ reliable, affordable, 4 star crep rating, funky colors, comfiest convertible booster around.

- belt path is a bit fiddly but easy to get used to :)

1 of 2 pages