• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Love my ING savings account and orange card

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Was simple to set up account online. Had to call for PIN for card (think misplaced mine).

Great interest rate if deposit $1000 per month.

No hassle like big 4 banks

Verified Customer

Apple Pay and great savings interest under the one roof

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

After using Apple Pay overseas I made the decision to switch to a bank in Australia which has it. Not only does ING have Apple Pay, but their savings interest is market leading. How can you dislike a bank that pays you!?

Not only that, but every time I've needed to speak to someone, I was able to reach a human within minutes and they were able to resolve any of my queries promptly and professionally.

Great bank, great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Switched to these guys well over 10 years ago after getting tired of being hit with charges from a credit union that started getting greedy.
Unlike some reviewers here, I've never had an issue with the service and products and the staff are always helpful & polite.
It's nice to deal with people in Oz rather than talk to a Manila call centre.
Good work ING, keep it up!

Private message

Total lack of communication and lack of understanding

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I have been with ING for about 10 years and had no problems but during this time i was only depositing money into my accounts, then recently I purchased a property at auction I had the funds in my ING account to pay for this property but had been advised to burrow and negative gear so I asked ING for a P and I loan after weeks of being made to jump through hurdles I was refused with the only explanation being I might not be able to service the loan they paid no attention to the fact that I had several investment properties, sufficient funds in an ING account to buy it outright and I had earned $200000 in each of the last 3 years.
The part that really annoyed I could use a high interest redraw no problem ! As soon as I find a new lender I'm gone!

Robots not human

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

They rely on automation. Personal interactions very poor. Every time I spoke to them about my problem they gave me different instructions. Customer service is polite though.

Rural SA

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 9 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Used to be better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

As far as platforms go (online banking experience) its clean, fast, reasonable layout, very little down time, and mostly, accurate. Customer service used to be amazing, and the staff were so well trained and polite and customer focused. No account fees, no ATM fees (long before the others) and I couldn't fault them. However, lately, the call center staff seem to be as good at their job as they personally feel like being, and how the customer feels about that really doens't matter (insert huff and muttered comment about wasting their me generation time when they could be chatting on facebook instead). BAD ATTITUDES CREATE BAD CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES ING. Please consider some staff purging and bring back what made us love you. Service. Not people who want to make an argument then win the argument, and who appear to not know that its those pesky customers paying their wages.

Brisbane

Prehistoric systems in place

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Can only have one account linked to transfer funds to.
Will take a minimum of 3 business days to change linked account. Get a call on the third day to say transfer failed.
Luckily we have an account with anz with funds because there is no possible way to get our money before another 3 business days (if the next linked account change).
Customer service were of no help either.
Damn pathetic!!!

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Fail to understand and support customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

We have been with the bank for 3 years. We found the bank customer service team unreliable to stick to a home loan time line and careless, perhaps inefficient/ inexperienced staff to follow up internal process and to assist with customers enquiries, providing updates or simply deliver what’s been promised.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Top Bank with a the best transaction account

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

Have been a customer for some time and recently used the Orange Everyday account overseas. It is fee free, reliable. Without doubt, must be the best account on the market. Keep up the great work ING!

• 3 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Removed my access from MY account

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

This morning my payment was declined and I realized that my available fund in my ING accounts is $0.00 despite having a significant balance. I checked out my ING inbox and found an email informing me that "it's essential for you to confirm your personal details by 6Nov or we'll need to restrict your access to your account".
Restrict not removing access. Now, i do not have any access to my fund in my ING account.
I contacted them and asked them why they have not contacted me on my mobile phone number and they said they have sent me SMS but I've never received any.
I'm surprised that why they remembered after one year that my information is incomplete.

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 44 helpful votes

Dont do it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Well, let down by another so called bank, who must take the cake for the worst possible service in Australia. My last bad experience with trying a non big name bank, here in Victoria was with Suncorp who were just as bad.
After speaking with a product specialist, who asked me some questions about my personal loan application, he stated that
it all looked good. After several attempts and crashes on their system, and ID verifications going wrong i finally managed to
log in and do the personal loan, as consultants don't do them on the phone. While I know that every case is different, I have never been refused a loan of a small amount before, around $8000. No reason was given. On checking my credit score on Finder.com I have an excellent score.
Anyway, all I can say is good luck to others who think this so called bank is great, my advice stick to the big 4 banks. Never again will I deal with these time wasters, took all my money out of my account and transferred it back to the big 4 bank.

Bundaberg, Qld

• 6 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 21 helpful votes
Private message

I've read recent bad ING reviews but I am still a fan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I joined ING in 1997, I think that was when they launched in Australia. I have had nothing but good service from them whenever I have had to occasionally ring them about something. Home loan orgznisation was a breeze. Love no ATM fees when you withdraw $200 or more. Love they have no international trsnsaction fees when travelling. Good rates on term deposits. Nothing to complain about from this long term customer! Plus I also shifted my Super to their's...because they are they only Super Fund that allows direct share trading with the cheapest brokerage fee.

INSURANCE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Having a home and contents policy with them for 18 months, after the first 12 months it jumped up nearly $40 per month. 6 months into that renewal I found a policy with someone else for a LOT cheaper. Subsequently cancelled the policy and ING slug you an extra $40 for a cancellation fee as you are out of the 21 day cooling off period !!!!!!!

Private message

Absolute crapstorm from beginning to end

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Worst banking experience. Incompetent staff, slow and painful process, the definition of unprofessional. Avoid unless you want to lose time and money.

Don't waste your time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I specifically engaged this joke of a bank with the explicit condition that there was no limitation on the amount of time you had to be with an employer (despite no drop in income, only a change in employer throughout the process). Yet this bank still decided to go ahead knowing well and truly this information was false and misleading, and now I have missed the cut-off for my subject to finance clause. Next time, don't waste people's time if you know from the start you won't be able to proceed.

ING encourages environmental vandalism

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

ING’s current advertising has balloons front and centre of its campaign. I messaged the bank to explain that balloons and other plastics are causing huge damage to the marine environment and suggested there are other much more suitable celebratory props than balloons. The response was that it’s all a joke, not meant to be serious and no, they would not be pulling the ads any time soon, nor would I be getting any response from the advertising mob. I believe any concerns don’t get past the call centre. Typical arrogance and total disregard for the environment.

Moved homeloan and banking to ING . Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

The start of this year we moved our homeloan to ING and along with it all our banking. It was the most easy process compared to doing things like this with other banks. We were able to ring up and have answers given to us in the spot. No leaving messages or getting the run around. The online banking has been easy.
I think this move has been my best money move ever!

Terrible service !!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

After an hour waiting on the phone and being on hold by their staff for 4 times during my call they given me wrong information and provided the poorest service I’ve ever had in my life !!!! Don’t waste your time and money with this bank at all

I love ING

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I love ING, I signed up a year ago, interest rates are fab, and they are very proactive when they think I have been scammed etc. Like the idea that I never have to go in anywhere. This is my favourite bank ever!

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Bad customer service and sneaky terms and conditions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Been with the bank for several years for a savings account.
The bank is consistently bad with customer service. They are petty with their allocation of their interest rates and they are deceptive about how it's accrued.
I'm actively looking to leave the bank

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 23 pages

What I would like to know is ing as safe as Austrslians big four banks

Harry P asked on Feb 05, 2018

Answer this

Short answer is no, it isn’t. When I have a problem with anyone of the big 4 (I’m with 2 of the 4) there is a branch I can go to and I can speak to a “real” live person. My experience so far with the big 4 has been one of trust, they ring back when they say they will. They respond to queries and complaints. This might not seem like a big deal, but trust me when things go wrong you want an actual person.

All banks in Australia are covered by the Federal government savings guarantee up to $250,000. If you have more than that you need to split it up between different banks. I'd be more worried about ING (and others) changing their rules for bonus interest rate and the maximum amount you can have in the account to keep the bonus rate. You need to monitor them all the time to see when they change the rules otherwise you could lose out on hundreds of dollars in interest in the month.

Should this bank be the trigger for a banking enquiry?

Col asked on Sep 29, 2017

Answer this

Why a rather stupid question if you dont state reasons for why they should be investigated

any idea if they are getting a credit card service anytime soon?

keeps asked on May 09, 2017

Answer this

Yes but don't bother I have just closed my account after two months. You can't even pay bills with it.

Yes they are getting it shortly after I spoke to them in September. Dont take any notice of the knockers Some of them shouldnt be allowed out the gate on their own

Yes they have. Full service credit card available.