The InStyler Amazing Rotating Iron has been replaced by the newer Instyler Max Rotating Iron model.

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Wrecked my hair

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Snagged, hair was broken and in worse state after use. Complete waste of money. Had to cut hair it was so badly damaged.

Very noisy and could not reach the roots.

Cant live without it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

My polynesian hair is long, thick and bushy. With heat protector, finishing with sleek and shine serum, and nourishing oil once a week the instyler straightens, smooths and polishes to silky texture. So easy and no real need to section properly, just bottom layer and each side of top layer, use like a brush for all over touch up, add volume and sort out roots, then roll, hold and release for loose curls and done, 10 minutes max and holds for days without hairspray. With practice and care you CAN achieve ghd/cloud result for less than half the price!
This model is discontinued but would definetly recommend newer Instyler Max model and future models if any.
(Please dont ever give up on rotating iron concept, seems so much kinder to hair shafts than flat irons)
TIP: SLEEP ON A SILK PILLOWCASE!

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

I absolutely love this hair straighteners oh my gosh does exactly what they said on tv it so easy to use even a monkey could use it doesn't tangle your hair actually brushes your hair for you. Love it

• 38 helpful votes

Not really goos

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I bought it when it first released to the market. It's quite hot and you do need to be very careful not burning yourself which I did a few times.
It heat up fast and easy to use but I found the end result is not really great. It made my hair fuzzy and didn't straight or curl that well. Normal hot iron will gives you a better result.

Adelaide

• 2 answers

Model: 19mm

It's better than nothing.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Firstly, can I say, I am very much an amateur when it comes to using appliances on my hair, I tend to be a wash and go type of person.
This device is good in the sense that you are able to use it on wet hair, which is why I purchased it. This device straitened hair better than a hairdryer, but a true straightening iron is still far better, although it is obviously more time consuming, as you have to dry your hair first.

• 1 answer

Light and simple to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Bough this for my wife and happy with it. The lowest watt consumption among other products. The heat system is good and the product is not heavy. Easy to set up and fast to use. Highly recommended!

Eh.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Yes and no.
It is fairly easy to use, but must always ALWAYS have tangle free hair or it'll rip it out.
Only when tangled yes hahaha.
It heats up fairly fast, like about 2 minutes or less so it's good with that.

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers

Model: 32mm

Thought it was the knees bees..

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

When these first came out I couldn't wait to get one as I was Having trouble with my other straightner, for the first few months worked great I loved the way I could curl my hair under slightly and give more volume as well. Then I noticed my ends starting to frizz and really dry out, but I thought it was my color in my hair making it dry but I was also getting a burn smell and on top of my head I got a lot of fly wires happening.. Also I burnt my ears quite a few times as well as my forehead doing the fringe.. I think I"ll go back to a MUK straightner..

Verified Purchase Model: 32mm

Disgusting. Ruined my hair!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Went to use and it completely fried the ends of my hair. Tried another section and AGAIN fried the crap out of my hair. I've tried both on damp and dry hair. I'm a hairstylist of 8 years and in my professional opinion this 'tool' is the biggest waste of money. Am always keen to try new hair styling techniques but this is an absolute joke.

Model: 32mm

I love this product - Quick heat up time and a Sleek Smooth Result!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

Excellent Product. Excellent result. Sadly has been discontinued but has been replace with the In-Styler Max (should be similar and probably some added features & improvements.
I have slightly longer than shoulder length hair coarse, curly & frizzy - especially when humid.
Easy to use once you get the hang of it - like most things. (easier to do at home than a flat iron)
So much quicker than a blow dry and way better result.
Don't use huge sections of hair as you won't get the best result. A sectioning comb came with my original In-Styler, which gives you the perfect amount of hair.
Yes, you can burn yourself, but with some thought and logic, you work it out as you go along.
I can do my hair in five to 8 minutes.
If I had one minor complaint, it would be the brush brittles; could have been "stiffer" for my hair type; but really it doesn't affect the end result at all.
I do recommend this product.

Dangerous cant get burns

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

Bought this product to curly my hair. U have to curly your hair round the hot barrel your self while avoiding getting a burn. Even then didnt curly my hair ended up with broken hair. Waste of money bought from boots in march 2017.

Model: 32mm

Don't waste your money! Rubbish products from this brand

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

Rubbish product and brand, i'm a hairdresser and have tried a few of their products and have found them very damaging to the hair. Does not deliver the curl they state it will give. Don't waste your money!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Extremely dangerous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

This product extremely dangerous. Followed advice from video stating guard not really necessary. Have used many products over the years and modelled for hairdresser, this should not be on the market. Bad burn on forehead when on lowest heat..Priceline Chemist where purchased advised contact your Company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Smooth hair after 60 years

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

Easy to use. Heats fast (I use middle heat setting). Brush my hair first and then use Instyler on short sections. My hair is shoulder length and frizzy. Doesn't dry out with product used to protect and stays smooth pretty much until the next wash. I don't use more than once a week.

Model: 19mm

I loved it and i disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

I got from Christmas gift and i used couple of items and i loved it so easy to used and in short times your hair look amazing but after month broke down and i couldn't fixed ( electric problem inside the product ) poor quality.

Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2016

Not happy at all. I have long hair but not overly thick- it did not work as promised. I spent forever trying to achieve curls. I gave it a few days of consistent trying before I gave up and put it back in the box. Kept snagging my hair and really didn't curl or straighten my hair with ease. Invest in a good set of straighteners to curl instead.

Ecstatic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

My husband bought me one yesterday and I am over the moon. At last after all these years and they are many with curly, wiry, unruly hair I can have smooth straight hair or smooth lovely curly contours. I wish mine had only cost $129 like someone else on here but he paid $149 from Big W. Nevertheless as stated... am over the moon and so pleased with the product.

Australia

• 1 comment
  • 6 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Oh why did I buy this!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2016

I have literally used my instyler twice before putting it back in it's box & now I'm not even able to give it away. I've never used a styling tool that does so much damage to my hair. I would expect that with overuse and inadequate pairing of heat protection products that the instyler could permanently damage & cause breakage but my hair became significantly damaged straight away. I would not recommend the instyler for use on hair that is not incredibly thick, course, never chemically treated and could afford to suffer the damage. If your hair is not, the instyler could ruin your hair. The very design and intended operation means applying a large section of direct heat for a longer period of time than you would a straighening iron. I found that I needed to go over a section repeatedly to achieve what a straightening iron could achieve in a single sweep through the hair. Although the instyler does come with a small heat resistant mat (as the only way to put it down while in operation connects the heated barrel to a surface) it's dangerous to operate and would require practice to use without risk of burns.

Model: 32mm

Love Love Love it. Fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2016

Got mine first time I tried it, I thought it was rubbish but used it a few times and love it. Hair in great condition, ghds burn my hair and leave it all dry never go back. Great shine and volume fab.

Perth

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Would Never Purchase This Again

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2016

I have been using this product for many years and it was ok and done the job. Though I noticed it does not last very long and I was going through many of them. I went through 2 in a year and again they break and shut down. I went back to my old hair straightener and it was much better. I think the rotator is the problem and when used many times it will eventually cease . Can't beat the simple hair straighteners. I would not recommend this product as it is a waste of money.

1 of 10 pages