Filter By:

Good customer service experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

It was surprisingly easy to organise. Quick and simple. Mainly due to good customer service person, who explained everything in a clear way. He answered in a polite manner. Thank you.

Doesn't do what it says on the tin - avoid if you can

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Lovely when taking your money and absolutely terrible if you ever need help - buyer beware, I will never use Insure and Go again!!

I have used insure and go a couple of times, both the Australian and UK companies. I have been impressed with customer service when taking out the policy and have always found the documents sent to me clear HOWEVER do beware if you ever need to make a claim, my first experience of having to do so marks the last time I'll ever use this company.

I recently went abroad and had a problem with my tooth. I called
MAPFRE to ask for advice on where to go to get my tooth fixed that would be safe, hygienic and approved by regulators whilst in Bali. This is precisely the type of service Insure and Go advertise that they offer but despite this I was repeatedly told that they would not help me until after I had lodged a claim and it had been determined whether I was successful under that claim: this is illogical because to lodge a claim I would need to incur the cost of a dentist so I would have chosen one by that point, what I needed was advice on where to go and MAPFRE is advertised as a service available on a no cost no approval needed basis for customers. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told none was available as the Australian office had closed (I was calling at a time when they should still have been open, pre 5pm Australia time), when I made clear I was not happy and would be complaining I was put on hold for 20 minutes before someone told me they had googled a dentist and gave me the address. I am able to google dentists myself, this fell far below the standard of service I expected and I had had to threaten a complaint to get even that help.

I was also not happy at all that I was being told they would only assess my claim once I had actually incurred the cost and lodged all of the documents, nowhere in the policy documents I had received was this process made clear and with other insurance companies I have used you are usually given a medical decision over the phone or within a short time after having notified the company.

A word of caution also to any ex-pats thinking of taking out this policy - in the end I didn't have to spend enough at the dentist to make it worth claiming (I spent less than the excess), but despite having asked 2 separate individuals with the company on 2 separate occasions whether I would be covered as an ex-pat and having been told on both occasions I was definitely covered provided I had some form of medicare card (I am not a permanent resident but I do have a medicare card which is all the policy documentation asks for - though I still sought clarification from the company directly, twice, to be sure) when it came to claiming Insure and Go demanded proof of residency from me. Who knows whether had I actually tried to claim they would have honoured the representations made by two staff members over the phone, but it was just another red flag in an already chaotic and unimpressive claims process.

Go elsewhere if you can!

Verified Purchase

Great travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

The policy was good value compared to other travel insurance companies. It was easy to set up online. I have never used Customer Support so cannot comment on how efficient they are.

Necessary evil

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I purchased an annual policy which best suited my travelling arrangements but I am not happy with the policy start date. I believe it should start from the first date of the first trip not upto twelve months before the holiday. I have no idea how it works if you want to cover cancellation etc if your holiday is say eighteen months away. Does it mean this policy only covers effectively cancellation and I need a furthe policy for the trip. I am also unhappy at you cannot extend the trip length beyond thirty days Iv you subsequently decide on a longer cruise for example

Comments
InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi Donald, Our policies have a maximum length of 12 months. The cancellation cover begins from the day you decide you would like the insurance to start (keeping in mind that we can only take a book... read more »

Travel Insurance for pre-existing conditions

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Extremely easy to complete the online questionaire and very reasonable premium. I chose the basic insurance as we were staying with family and only required medical cover and I did not need any of the other more expensive cover for this trip. On other trips I would seriously consider the other options. Very happy customer!

Slightly cheaper than otheres

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

It was slightly cheaper policy than other insurer. The policy was fast and easy to set up via internet. I did not have to contact customer support etc because all information are clearly outlined.

Ticks all of the boxes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Very good value
Very easy to setup
Very good system response time to accept application.
Everything was easy to follow and there was a vgd selection of detail which accurately detailed the necessary responses.

Verified Purchase

Just what I was looking for.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

I feel that the policy is good value and I contacted support to ask a question and they called back st a pre arranged time and I signed up on the spot saving any delays on line.

Insurance claim made

Difficulties in making a claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

The policy was good value but after finishing in hospital in Japan I found it was not easy to make a claim. They demanded all original documents, some of which I was unable to supply due to a lack of English being spoken by the doctors at the hospital. I was not given a written report, nor would they accept payment on my release from hospital. I was accompanied by the tour leader who provided a written report and had to wait for a bill to arrive in Australia before I could complete my claim. Insure and Go kept demanding further documentation regardless of the receipts that I was able to send to them. After much hassle, they eventually settled this claim but I was still out of pocket.

Existing Conditions

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

Easy to set up but I felt the 'pre existing conditions' questions a bit confusing as I have a condition which requires 'massage treatments to manage' but which is not medical. Customer support was very helpfull.

Helpful staff but price increase disappointing

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Staff were very helpful, via email and phone. Was disappointed when I missed the end of my quote acceptance period and the exact same policy had gone up $30. Entertainment book gave some discount which came in handy.

Finally an insurance that allows pre-existing medical conditions (for a fee)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

I found the website easy to follow and the insurance provides value for money. For the one question I had I used the chatline, which was promptly answered. Excellent so far.

1 of 85 pages

I am thinking of going diving and may go diving off an island in Bali. If I got comprehensive cover, will I be covered for the following: 1. The fast-boat trip from Bali to Lembongan Island (return) 2. Fun scuba diving close to islands - i.e. not deep sea diving 3. The boat trips taking me to the locations to dive 4. If I go snorkelling (and not diving with scuba equipment) I do not have a diving licence. Thanks.

katniss asked on Jul 24, 2017

Hi Katniss,
Our policies cover diving by a qualified diver to a depth of 30m, as long as you aren't diving alone. If you don’t have a diving licence, they’re relatively simple to acquire (you can do it in a weekend). If you are unqualified, you may still be eligible for coverage, but you would need to be diving with an instructor, again to a max of 30m. We don’t cover diving with sharks. Snorkelling is covered, and doesn’t require a licence. It sounds like you're jet-boating out to your diving site - and our product covers jet-boating, as per our product disclosure statement.
Hope that answers all your questions! If you need further clarification, send me a private message with your phone number and someone can ring you to discuss any concerns you may have.

Is your coverage available for travel inside the US? I am traveling from one state to another for a week vacation and unfortunately it is during high hurricane season. My rental is non-refundable and I just need coverage for trip cancellation in case of an evacuation or cancellation. Thanks Rita

Rita asked on Jul 13, 2017

Hi Rita,
Our policies can cover the US, if that is the region you select upon application. Depending on the type and level of cover you take out, and the circumstances surrounding your claim, you could be covered for cancellation. In general, insurance works by naming specific circumstances, and then covering those identified scenarios; it isn't actually a blanket cover-all for anything that can go wrong for whatever reason. To check the circumstance you may be covered for (with relation to cancellation, for example) search the product disclosure statement (PDS): https://www.insureandgo.com.au/policy-wordings.jsp for key words (such as cancellation), and check whether the circumstances under which we offer cover applies in your case. I know that sounds like 'insurance speak', and I really wish I could give you a more definitive answer, but unfortunately I really can't outline all the reasons for cancellation that are covered, and the best advice I can give you is to search for key terms that are important to you in the PDS.

When taking out Gold Cover including the cruise option for a cruise, will activities such as ice skating, rock climbing (on the ship deck) and wave riding (on the ship deck) be covered or do we need to take out extra 'winter sport' and 'extreme activity' cover?

Beck asked on Jun 20, 2017

Hi Beck,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I had to speak to a couple of people before answering your questions. Under our policies as they currently stand, in order to be covered for ice skating you would need to pay the additional fee to be upgraded to ‘Winter Sports’. Unfortunately, rock climbing on the ship deck is not covered by us, as this activity is not covered in the open air. Wave Riding is covered by us under Surfing provided it is not big wave or extreme surging.  Currently, we do not have an extreme activity upgrade but we do provide a comprehensive list of covered sports and activities in our Policy Wording Document. If you’re concerned about a particular activity, you can search for it in the PDS (hit ctrl +F to search), available here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/policy-wordings.jsp

PLEASE BE AWARE the reviews you are reading for Insure and go are fake .Profiles are set up on the same day as review. Look for the same language used in all reviews "easy to claim, easy yo set up. FAKE

See all 76 questions about InsureandGo Australia