Filter By:

Absolute Crap and a waste of money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Once and NEVER again! We had an issue and tried and tried calling the 24/7 number to no avail! We were told to email and we'd have a reply within 72 hours!! Absolute crap - do not use this company because when you need them, they are nowhere to be found! Thank goodness this was't about a death, because it would have added to the stress. But this is a crap company and we won't recommend them or use them again. [name removed] they only got one star because it wouldn't let me not put a star in for this review!

Insurance claim made

Good value and excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I have now used Insure and Go twice, I had to make a claim the first time and they were very helpful; the process was straight forward and I had no trouble communicating with the claims department. Highly recommended travel insurance and affordable rates.

Adedlaide, South Australia

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

The devil is in the policy wording

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I won't be buying this travel insurance for many reasons. Eg:

1. The policy wording says: "You must make sure that you tell InsureandGo Travel Insurance about any change in your circumstances that happens after the policy has been issued and before you travel on your departure date. We have the right to change the conditions of your policy in line with the change of risk." The policy we take out has FULL cover, regardless of changes in circumstances, from issue date. No after sales changing the rules!

2. I have not checked the rates. I see they have at least three levels of cover. That's good. Unless the lower cover rates are teasers and the gold (maybe standard cover with others) is dearer than others.

3. I have not checked the rates. I have noticed that there re a lot of optional extras. Fair enough, we pay extra for health issues with another insurer - I expect that. But some of the extras seem to be standard inclusions in other policies.

So . . be careful. No 1 reason above is enough for me to avoid this product. I'm not prepared to take out insurance, disclose everything about me (duty of utmost good faith - no problem) and later on have something happen to me (even as 'simple' as a broken leg!) and be told that they will no longer cover me. To me, that is NOT utmost good faith. The way I read this, the insurer has the ability to avoid ANY and ALL pre travel claims, simply by claiming a change in circumstances!

Over the years, I've analysed quite a few policy wordings. My background is insurance and I have passed exams on it. In recent years, some of the majors available via travel agents have been playing catch up with the one I've been using since 2010. (Available online only). Good to see the changes. But this one seems to be winding back the clock on policy wording.

Great insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

First time user. No claims required. Will certainly use again as cost was very resonable compared to other Insurance sites i visited.

Was honest about mild asthma and they took an extra $30

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Have well controlled asthma and made the mistake of telling this lot of robbers resulting in a 40% increase !

Comments
Insure And Go Official

Hi John, thank you for your feedback. At InsureandGo, we consider all pre-existing medical conditions but sometimes we need to add some additional premium related to the increase in risk. Traveller... read more »

Insurance claim made

Be warned the worst company i have ever dealt with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Worst bunch of deceiving people I have ever dealt with. There web site is full of deceit as well. Be careful using these insurers and they will do anything not to help you with a claim. They can barely speak fluent English and talk down to you as though you are stupid. There must be better people to use for travel insurance. I have now lodged a complaint with the financial ombudsman and I bet this doesn't make the review page.

Easy Process

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

First time using InsureandGo for a domestic cruise. Not all insurance companies offer have the option. Easy to book on-line.

Perfect for Cruising Insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I have used Insure to Go many times. Would highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you are going cruising!

Perfect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

This is the third time we are using InsureandGo. The process is very easy, simple and the price very good. Even with the pre existing condition the process is simple and the pricing is better than most insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

This was the first time and we would definitely use them again. We had a claim and their service was very good.

Missed cruise

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

It was the first time we had used InsureandGo but it won't be the last. We unfortunately had reason to make a claim and the process with this travel insurer could not have been more positive. Very good communication and fast payment of claim. The only negative was the emergency help line when ringing from overseas, we were kept on hold for over 20 minutes.

good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

This is the second time and I have been impressed with the quality, price and speed of your service. Thank you

One claim, zero assistance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Once, it appeared to be a good option to cover my travel plans. Boy was I disappointed to have my claim rejected. The first time I claim a minimal amount not due to my doing & I get hit with a dot point clause. I have never really had a need to read every word of a contract but now I believe every scenario will be covered by a dot point in the clauses. For this reason I will not be using this service again nor refer to my friends.

Easygoing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I have used insure and go on many occasions with no problems
Easy to apply and use
I have not made a claim as yet

Was Great to be covered

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Have not used you before Found it user friendly and the price was right and will use you again when travelling .

Stressless application.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Have used Insure and Go four times in the past. Very easy process all plans listed and easy to compare.
Haven't had to make any claims and hopefully never will. Peace of mind having travel insurance in place and very competitive pricing.

good pricey for whole family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

This is my first purchasing travel insurance with this company and I'm very happy with the cost for the whole family insured

quoting process made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Once - extrating info from me was made easy by the pleasant and helpful attitude of telephone staff. I rang back with a query which was immediately addressed and cleared.

Insurance claim made

Very easy to arrange cover and deal with claims should they arise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Two or three times now I think, and have found arranging cover using the website, simple and easy to follow. Had a claim following my last overseas travel and that was dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

1 of 127 pages

Hi, my husband & I are planning to travel to Canada next year & looking for suitable travel insurance. As we have elderly parents, 2 of which are in a nursing home, we are looking for coverage should we lose them while we are away & need to return before end of trip. At this point, all are healthy with no serious medical problems. We are considering gold cover with no excess.

Ron asked on Sep 05, 2018

Answer this

Again, as I wrote in my review. I found the insurance application process easy to do and understand. The system walked you through all the questions (including if you wish to have pre-existing conditions covered). We are 68 and 64 and OK with a few bumps and bruises of life and we were covered. The proof will be in the pudding if we have a claim and attempt to collect. Just be sure you READ EVERYTHING before buying and feel comfortable. Be safe.

Hi Ron,
It’s really hard to answer a hypothetical question because there could be other circumstances which I’m unaware of. However, very generally speaking, there is provision for such an event under cutting your trip short and we don't have any age restrictions on the family member; please note that some conditions apply such as they would need to be in Australia at the time, and if their passing relates to any known medical conditions (no matter how small they may seem currently) there would be no cover. The policy is available here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-ot_tcm1005-157834.pdf and you can search (by pressing ctrl+f) 'cutting' to bring up the relevant sections to your question.
Hope that answers your question,
Kara

do they cover evac and repatriation say from cruiseship?

Narelle P asked on Sep 04, 2018

Hi Narelle,
Yes, both those things can be covered when it is medically necessary. Just please make sure you take out the correct insurance - eg purchase a cruise policy if going on a cruise, make sure you declare all pre-existing conditions etc.
- Kara

Does 24/7 emergency number is an Australian number? If I purchase a local sim card in the States, which cannot call international number or expensive to call emergency number when I have to. Then what should I do?

Amy asked on Sep 03, 2018

Hi Amy,
The emergency number (+612 9333 3999) is a reverse charge number so it's free to call from a landline - I'm not sure about a mobile though, especially in the US. If you're in an emergency and you can't ring you can always email the team (assistance@insureandgo.com.au) and you'll usually get a response quite quickly. Just make sure you write EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE NEEDED ASAP in the subject line, or something similar to get their attention.
Hope that helps,
Kara

Hi Amy, my experience with insureand go was I waited till I got home then phoned them. No problems at all they were great.
Kaye

Switch to Vodafone Australia - I am with Vodafone and now-a-days its far better and cheaper to Roam as if you are home ($5.00 per day). 5 years ago I bought a US mobile number and sim on a 1 month contract thru AT&T then switched to prepaid after that month but I did find that this was more expensive than using my Oz phone over there so I let the US number expire this year.

See all 133 questions about InsureandGo Australia