Filter By:

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

This was the first time and we would definitely use them again. We had a claim and their service was very good.

Missed cruise

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

It was the first time we had used InsureandGo but it won't be the last. We unfortunately had reason to make a claim and the process with this travel insurer could not have been more positive. Very good communication and fast payment of claim. The only negative was the emergency help line when ringing from overseas, we were kept on hold for over 20 minutes.

good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

This is the second time and I have been impressed with the quality, price and speed of your service. Thank you

One claim, zero assistance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Once, it appeared to be a good option to cover my travel plans. Boy was I disappointed to have my claim rejected. The first time I claim a minimal amount not due to my doing & I get hit with a dot point clause. I have never really had a need to read every word of a contract but now I believe every scenario will be covered by a dot point in the clauses. For this reason I will not be using this service again nor refer to my friends.

Easygoing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I have used insure and go on many occasions with no problems
Easy to apply and use
I have not made a claim as yet

Was Great to be covered

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Have not used you before Found it user friendly and the price was right and will use you again when travelling .

Stressless application.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Have used Insure and Go four times in the past. Very easy process all plans listed and easy to compare.
Haven't had to make any claims and hopefully never will. Peace of mind having travel insurance in place and very competitive pricing.

good pricey for whole family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

This is my first purchasing travel insurance with this company and I'm very happy with the cost for the whole family insured

quoting process made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Once - extrating info from me was made easy by the pleasant and helpful attitude of telephone staff. I rang back with a query which was immediately addressed and cleared.

Insurance claim made

Very easy to arrange cover and deal with claims should they arise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Two or three times now I think, and have found arranging cover using the website, simple and easy to follow. Had a claim following my last overseas travel and that was dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

perfect for our needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

3 times have been impressed with ease of application and processing also very cost competetive made a small claim and was happy with the outcome

very happy

We have used this company 4 or 5 times ,before
and are very happy .Staff are friendly and helpful.
So we will telling ouder people.

Overseas trip & pregnancy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Never before have I used this company. Had been given 3 different answered re travelling & pregnancy. When the 3rd different opinion occurred I asked the employee to please get the exact answer off a supervisor as I had too much at stake. David was great & informative. He corrected the advice that his colleagues provided & gave me the right information which I appreciated.

Good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

This is the first time I have used Insure and Go but I did find the offer very comprehensive and competitive policy

Good price insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

This would be the third time in three years it’s nice price wise for what you get for travel insurance

made 2 claims no problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I always use insureandgo .my last two trips i have had to claim once in alaska and once in japan both time they have been brillaint and easy to deal with .when making a claim they keep in touch by email .every time i emailed with questions on what to do they got back to me with in 20/30min with answer. very happy with service both times.10 out of 10

Simple & great value for money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

We have never used this insurance company before but are already telling people about it. So simple to use & such a great price.

North WONTHAGGI

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
Private message

Great to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

First time using insure and go as this is our first cruise ever but hope to use again in the future

Good Prices

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Have used this company a few times and I have made a claim after having to cancel a trip due to illness. A few issues with the funds going in to a random bank account but it was all sorted after numerous emails hence I have just taken out another policy with them.

Strangest Ever Exceptions - Be very careful before using this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Even though they are clear in stating countries they wont cover you visit, it becomes an anomaly when on a cruise (one of their great claims to be the best cover for cruises). Before purchasing the policy I noticed they don't cover Haiti (one of the stops on a planned cruise), so I called to confirm what is and isn't covered. Turns out it's not (as I wrongly thought) just if you go ashore in Haiti or do an excursion or just fall over and break your leg that isn't covered. It's even if you stay on the ship.

I asked this specific example: Me "you cover cabin confinement if you're sick?"
Them: "yes"
Me: "So if I'm sick and confined, for example, Mon, Tue, Wed and we dock in Haiti on the Tue and I'm too sick to leave cabin and told to stay inside am I covered?"
Them: "No"
Me" So you'd only pay the insurance for the Mon and Wed?"
Them: "Yes that's correct - you're not covered for anything in that country's sovereign water"
Me: "What if we get diverted from Haiti and don't dock due to bad weather, is that covered?"
Them: "no"
Me: "Why not?"
Them: " Because we don't insure anything in Haiti"
Me: " But I wouldn't be in Haiti, we were diverted and your policy pays out if we miss a port due to weather etc"
Them: " Yes but we don't cover Haiti"
Me: Very confused....

I can understand not being covered in the country for any activities or even just being there but on the ship? What happens if you get sick and are being treated as sailing into Haiti waters - do they stop treating you???

Crazy policy, obviously decided to go elsewhere...

1 of 127 pages

Hi, my husband & I are planning to travel to Canada next year & looking for suitable travel insurance. As we have elderly parents, 2 of which are in a nursing home, we are looking for coverage should we lose them while we are away & need to return before end of trip. At this point, all are healthy with no serious medical problems. We are considering gold cover with no excess.

Ron asked on Sep 05, 2018

Answer this

Again, as I wrote in my review. I found the insurance application process easy to do and understand. The system walked you through all the questions (including if you wish to have pre-existing conditions covered). We are 68 and 64 and OK with a few bumps and bruises of life and we were covered. The proof will be in the pudding if we have a claim and attempt to collect. Just be sure you READ EVERYTHING before buying and feel comfortable. Be safe.

Hi Ron,
It’s really hard to answer a hypothetical question because there could be other circumstances which I’m unaware of. However, very generally speaking, there is provision for such an event under cutting your trip short and we don't have any age restrictions on the family member; please note that some conditions apply such as they would need to be in Australia at the time, and if their passing relates to any known medical conditions (no matter how small they may seem currently) there would be no cover. The policy is available here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-ot_tcm1005-157834.pdf and you can search (by pressing ctrl+f) 'cutting' to bring up the relevant sections to your question.
Hope that answers your question,
Kara

do they cover evac and repatriation say from cruiseship?

Narelle P asked on Sep 04, 2018

Hi Narelle,
Yes, both those things can be covered when it is medically necessary. Just please make sure you take out the correct insurance - eg purchase a cruise policy if going on a cruise, make sure you declare all pre-existing conditions etc.
- Kara

Does 24/7 emergency number is an Australian number? If I purchase a local sim card in the States, which cannot call international number or expensive to call emergency number when I have to. Then what should I do?

Amy asked on Sep 03, 2018

Hi Amy,
The emergency number (+612 9333 3999) is a reverse charge number so it's free to call from a landline - I'm not sure about a mobile though, especially in the US. If you're in an emergency and you can't ring you can always email the team (assistance@insureandgo.com.au) and you'll usually get a response quite quickly. Just make sure you write EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE NEEDED ASAP in the subject line, or something similar to get their attention.
Hope that helps,
Kara

Hi Amy, my experience with insureand go was I waited till I got home then phoned them. No problems at all they were great.
Kaye

Switch to Vodafone Australia - I am with Vodafone and now-a-days its far better and cheaper to Roam as if you are home ($5.00 per day). 5 years ago I bought a US mobile number and sim on a 1 month contract thru AT&T then switched to prepaid after that month but I did find that this was more expensive than using my Oz phone over there so I let the US number expire this year.

See all 133 questions about InsureandGo Australia