Generations:
Filter By:

melbourne

Private message

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS High Ride Cab: Crew Cab Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Beautiful Car to drive and ride in

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Just purchased a Isuzu Dmax and love it . Good on fuel easy to drive and very comfy.
The towing capacity was what sold us on this vehicle and we have no problem reccomending it to other caravan owners. Only thing lacking was an inbuilt gps but we can live with that. Love the reversing camera and the blue tooth. Should be standard in all new vehicles.

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS-M Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Isuzu D-max Lsm

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I have mixed feelings about my D'max, I love and dislike this ute, The Isuzu dealers, I have been dealing with are rude and have a don't care attitude also they treat you like idiot. But its a awesome ute with a strong engine and great on fuel. very tuff solid build car.

Dislike's

6. Good door pockets and cubby's

7. Good ac

8. Great speakers

9. Great Frist time ute

Underside if I would buy another

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: SX Cab: Crew Cab Date Purchased: May 2017

D-Max 4x4 Crew Cab Chasis Automatic

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

Compared a range of 4 x 4 and for our budget, we were down to the Triton and the Isuzu D-Max. Absolutely love the D-Max as the handling of the vehicle was more grounded. The Triton felt very light when travelling at 100km/hr in comparison. The interior of the D-Max is average however was quite impressed that the SX model we purchased had a touch screen radio. Definitely a very reliable and durable vehicle and would highly recommend it.

Brisbane

• 11 answers
Private message

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: SX High Ride Cab: Space Cab Date Purchased: Aug 2012

2012 D-Max SX 4X4 excellent for my needs.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

My 2012 manual SX 4X4 Spacecab has done over 55,000ks and the only fail was the driver's side seat belt stalk which was fixed under warranty. It has taken me 25,000ks around the country including Cape York and remote areas of the Kimberley and Pilbara without any problems and fuel consumption was excellent given the load. Accessories included a bull-bar, lights, tow-bar, jack-off canopy, fridge, and a roof rack, so by the time you add tools, spares, camping and retrieval gear, plus water and spare fuel you're up to your GVM. The stock rear suspension appeared at its limits so was replaced by Kings Springs (excellent job). I bought 2nd hand rims and I had them fitted with Bridgestone A/T Light Truck for outback work which are fine, and have retained the originals for city. The Isuzu bull-bar has proven effective against an unfortunate kangaroo. I had initially considered a Mazda BT50 but didn't like the gearbox, plus Isuzu has a reputation for building good engines. Despite a bad back I have found the seats to be good, but I have fitted canvas seat covers to protect against dust and mud. If I have a complaint it is the cost of servicing but I think that is true of all dealers, it's where they make their money so that's not going to change soon. Now long out of warranty so am considering options.

Picton

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS-T Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: May 2014

Absolutely love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Bought brand new in 2014 and couldn't not be happier 4 years on, great fuel consumption and will go anywhere.
I have two young kids both in car restraints, one forward facing and one rear facing, I was concerned that a rear facing seat would not safely fit although it does, and while the MU-X has isofix sadly the dmax doesn't in my model

• 1 comment
  • 25 helpful votes

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS-U Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Feb 2016

great vehicle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

It's the best decision we have made. The D Max drives and runs like a dream. We have a Ford Ranger and a Hilux at work and would buy the D Max anyday. We have owned the cr since 2016 and have 40k on it so far, we are getting around 8.6lt per 100km.

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS-T Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Better off buying a 90s model commodore

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I have owned my dmax just over two years (2015 model)
Worst purchase I have ever bought. A salute lemon. All components are garbage.
The aireil above the windscreen snapped off when washing the car. The front grill plate fell off after around a year. The metallic paint has absolutely no primer underneath therefore the car rusts when you have a minor scratch. The driver site seat is already ripped just from climbing in and out of the ute.
Would not recommend this ute in any way. I don’t even know how I can get rid of it...

Purchased at: Sinclair

Bundaberg QLD

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS Cab: Single Cab Date Purchased: Mar 2013

RUST AND GEARBOX PROBLEM

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Bought my single cab tray back new in 2013 to tow a trailer as a mowing contractor. Late 2016 had problems with gearbox, jumping out of second gear on steepish downhill runs. Took a year to get it fixed. Around the same time noticed trim on front of bonnet bubbling. This was accepted as warranty fix, but still waiting for it to be done, getting plenty of reminders about service being due, but no mention of bubbling trim being fixed. Have also had rust coming through on the wheels, and chassis, noticeably on the welds. Service manager has started making excuses, stating that the vehicle has been exposed to corrosives. Vehicle has only ever been used to tow trailer on road. My own driveway is dirt, but my feet and shoes have not corroded away yet.

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS High Ride Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Gotta love Da Max

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Got out of a Ford XR6 for the Isuzu Dmax. Want to go off road and this is my first 4wd vehicle. Friend recommended the Dmax and I am extremely happy. Great fuel economy, great ride, lots of fun. Love the sound of the turbo sucking air thru the snorkel.

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS-T Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Nov 2012

Seatbelts Crap

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

Seatbelts lock when you lean forward, pick something up from the floor or go to adjust the mirror. Isuzu says it's a safety feature but as an end user I say safety issue. You have to stop and undo the belt and let it retract right back before putting it back on and its illegal to stop on a motorway. IDIOTS!!!!! Had other issues but can dealt with those as things that just happen!

mildura

• 8 comments
  • 12 answers
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: SX High Ride Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Dec 2015

No.2 SX D/C

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Bought first D-Max in 2012 .2WD 4 speed auto and was amazed at its performance and economy. In Dec 2015 traded this in [with 100,000km and full service history] on a new one which was an updated version with a 5 speed auto.I'm from Mildura and was only offered a pittance for my trade in so ended up buying from Jarvis Isuzu in Tanunda SA saving over $5000.As it is a double cab and i wanted a canopy I shopped around and ARB canopies in Mildura,Swan Hill,Bendigo and Keilor were all in the $3200 range. Luckily I found a 4 wheel drive accessory outlet in Geelong [Umhauers] that supplied and fitted one for $900 less than the other outlets. This ute has been a great performer and last year spent 18 weeks doing the big lap 20800 km,and using 2230 litres of fuel towing a tandem Junko Discovery caravan giving 10.72 litres per 100km.With normal driving the ute returns in the low 7's.The worst fuel consumption was 12 lt/100km fighting winds down the WA coast. Chooka Mildura

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Launceston

• 3 helpful votes

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: May 2017

Car warranty

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Tried to claim a fault in vehicle but have been denied due to a warranty that is formed to suit company not consumer. Treated like I was lying about cause of damage and then when i requested to talk to actual people who make warranty decisions at Isuzu was advised those that make decisions won't talk to you.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

Generation: RA (2008-2012) Badge: LS-U Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Jan 2010

Who invented this self locking idiocy?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

Nearly as good as a HiLux. The key is an absolute pain. The car self locks if I stop to, say, answer a phone call or look at a view. Don't put the key in your pocket or put it on the key rack, it will lock!! A pain. Is there any way to disable this auto lock activity?
Hardest ride of any 4WD that I've ever ridden in. Consumption goes through the roof if you tow anything.
But in 8 years I've not had any major mechanical costs, other than grill trim falling off.

Private message

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: SX High Ride Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Comfortable and economical

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

My Dmax drives like a car and is very economical even towing the caravan around Tasmania it pulls up the hills effortlessly giving me 10.9L/100km. The only dislike is the console is too small, there are 2 glove compartments which are also too small and a lack of storage space

Beenleigh

• 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Sep 2011

Love my D-Max ❤️

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Best vehicle I’ve ever driven.
Very reliable.
Only 3 little problems..
1. The air con switch only can work on the fullest ( broke after a year of buying my DMax new )
2. The deep blue paintwork has faded to almost white on the roof and the bonnet ( never undercover will do that )
3. I wouldn’t mind if I could raise the drivers seat a little , better view out the windscreen

Apart from that. it’s perfect

January 16th 2018 Update: Love my car ❤️

Love my D-Max ❤️
Most reliable Ute I’ve ever bought.
Paintwork is fading bad but after 6 years parked outside on road what do I expect .
Great reliable car
wish drivers seat could be raised, I’m 5.6” but have to sit on a cushion to see out the windscreen better

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS-U Cab: Crew Cab Date Purchased: Oct 2017

A great addition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Having owned this now for 6 weeks I think the ISUZU is fantastic.
The vehicle is a light truck after all and it has a robustness when on the road.
The ride is comfortable, I would be the first to complain, since we test drove several other Utes this has to be the one with the most support in the seats, front and rear.
Fuel economy is pretty good, although I haven't taken it on a long journey yet, that's to come, but 'around town' driving ie to and from work it is better fuel than I was getting from my old Mitsi Paj.
There is great storage in the Ute along with all those cup holders!
Head room is pretty decent too for us tall persons.
Handling is pretty good too. The only thing which takes some getting used to is the turning circle, but that'll come!

Booked on an adventure with the Isuzu in the new year to see what it can do, so look forward to this.

The Aftersales support is great from ISUZU too. Can see why more and more are choosing this brand.

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Love the freedom, strength and reliability our DMax gives us!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

The DMax handles well, is comfortable and practical. We find it pulls our 18 foot caravan effortlessly. It is stylish and quiet . The interior is rather basic without too many bells and whistles and the back seat is not real comfortable for long trips but it's practical easy to clean and the front seats are comfortable . The tray transports all our bits and pieces and is easy to clean. Ours has a vinyl cover which is good but at some point we would like to get a canopy. There are Isuzu dealers most places so it is easy to get services and spare parts!

Melbourne, Victoria

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS-M Cab: Dual Cab Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Dmax will become a legend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

After almost 30,000kms and two years of ownership, I have been extremely happy with the performance of my 2015 LS-M D-Max (auto). If you are after a no non-sense 4wd to enjoy the outdoors and tow, this vehicle will suit your needs. There are flashier utes on the market, however you pay a premium for that (without the same reliability).

Value for money the d-max is a great option, especially if you are intending to own the vehicle for a while. In my opinion if you are going to lease the vehicle for a couple years, there are better vehicles out there. However if you are after something reliable without the fancy badge and price to suit, the d-max is perfect. It's a legend in the making.

Performance in the bush is good with the traction control system but as with all IFS utes, they're no patrol or land cruiser 70. Treat the vehicle right and it'll get you into the high-country and back no worries. The D-max also tows well with modest torque on tap.

In terms of problems I have had, the cab brake light seal leaked water which was fixed under warranty. Other than that, services through my local mechanic are cheap and the 5 year warranty and road side assistance is piece of mind.

I would recommend this vehicle, however it will not suit everyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: SX High Ride Cab: Single Cab Date Purchased: Jun 2017

2017 Auto Trans problems.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

When towing 2,700 kilo caravan on level ground,(after 1100 km run in period no load), 6 speed auto either travels in 4th gear at approx 26-2800 revs, or drops into 6th to around 1600 revs. Moves between 4th and 6th gears without staying in 5th. Using manual shift, will not stay in 5th but goes into 6th which is too high for it, so changes back to 4th. Traveling on the plains using manual mode causes gearbox overheating light to come on. Service Plus Driving report gives grade of 44 out of 100, trying to put blame on driver. I chose auto over manual on advice from dealer, as auto supposed to know best gear selection. It would appear that auto gearbox not capable of supporting manufacturer's claims of ability to tow 3,500 kg. This was stated by Service Manager. Using almost twice the fuel when towing. Not Happy, Jan. Response please from Isuzu Australia.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

australind

Generation: RC (2012-2018) Badge: LS-T Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Super happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Little more noisy than other vehicles but fuel economy is terrific compared to my Kluger. Great storage - although cup holders are way too small for most water/drink bottles. great to park, super comfortable to drive. tows 2T no problem. I would definitely buy another if they sort out cup holder issue.

1 of 8 pages