MELBOURNE

• 3 questions
  • 27 answers
  • 206 helpful votes
Private message

The customer service is abysmal. Phone and data is all right.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Data Volume and Pricing way better than Telstra Boost.

Customer service - terrible.

Long call waiting times. Apparently main service person just doesn't get it - with many things.

i.e. I use my mobile phone to tether the PC, to get on the net. (along with some mobile phone net use)

I can't get the internet to work with the data SIM card, because the APN settings are special settings, and not the Optus SIM card settings.

The customer support person "KNOWS" that I cannot connect to the internet, and yet he insists on telling me that if I look them up on Google, then I can get them from there. (face palm)

I get the 10 minute connectivity speech, every time, for like 3 or 4 or 5 times in a row, usually caused by him hanging up on me --------- instead of just answering the damned question.

"Nooooo, Nooooooooooooo, Noooooooooooooooooo - I don't want to know every item on the menu, I just want a coffee...." (rolls eyes)

It just drags on and on and on and on....

At least they speak English and run from an Australian call centre...

But they have been on "9 - 5 reduced hours" for about 4 or 5 months now.. as far as I know, with no evening, public holiday or week end support.

And you can't get on line to buy one line, from them, with the new data SIM, because you cannot set up your account from the new SIM...

You need to have an internet connection running - to be able to do that.

Not evil but.............

I wish them well but I want out of there....

Service fine, customer service abysmal

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Connection is pretty reliable and staff seem nice, but customer service is terrible. You can never get through on the phone (that's not true, I've gotten through 2x by waiting for over 20 minutes each time) and nobody answers the online messaging service. The best luck I've had is through facebook messenger, but I have yet to see my issue (voice mail doesn't work) resolved. Also, if I go over my data allowance my connection gets shut off on the renewal date. This has happened twice. Exhausting.

Canberra

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

No problems with signup, delivery, activation & transfer of number

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Signed up online on a Wednesday. SIM card arrived the following Monday. Simple activation online and it only took 30 minutes for my number to be ported from previous provider.

My only gripe is that they bill you from the moment they start your account, not from the day you activate the service. $10 for delivery of SIM is very expensive but the ongoing plan is the cheapest and best available in the market as at September 2017.

• 1 comment

So far so good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I actually started my account a month ago and so far within 24 hours my phone has been ported over. I had one niggily issue regarding internet connection and that has since been corrected.

I'm chuffed with the price and helping people with disabilities at the same time.

Great plans, great Customer Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Have been with Jeenee with our 3 services for well over a year now. I have always been very happy with them in terms of good value and their service. I note complaints about wait times - I have only ever had one longish wait which was today. I presume they can have a backlog on Mondays as they are closed over the weekend. I can live with that because I prefer their Australian call centre and staff who I can actually understand. Compared to my experience with Vaya, I will not be complaining. If you want perfection, it doesn't exist. I will be staying with Jeenee because I prefer a company with ethics, profits with conscience and Australian jobs. Thanks Jeenee.

Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

The phone service is OK & their deals good BUT their Customer Service is absolutely terrible. I have tried multiple times to phone - but they keep you on hold for extended periods - recorded message loops saying they are "expecting higher than expected call volumes" - & I simply don't have time - an hour or more, to be kept on hold! They don't get back to email requests and I am beyond frustrated at their absolute lack of customer service. I have chosen to switch providers purely for this reason and would never recommend their "service" to anyone!

Terrible customer service. Always on hold.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Jeenee have a good technical phone and data service. However customer service over the phone is horrible (and they do not have an alternative email contact, nor is there webchat on their website). You cannot get through on their phone lines. I have called multiple times and been left on hold before speaking to anyone for over 30minutes each time.

• 1 comment
Private message

Still waiting for that bloody activating!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

I activated the sim card for 6 days now but it's still not on. Like other reviews customer service is non-existent. If you have a lifetime to wait around go with them! Terrible!!

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

TERRIBLE customer service, non existent, have never been able to speak to anyone over the phone, always on hold...go elsewhere...

Horrible customer service -never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

Cancelled service before sim arrived as it took 3 weeks, then wasn't refunded for a non activated service. They are still taking money from my account without permission. Biggest mistake ever, should have stayed with amaysim.

Private message

Have been with this company for a while

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

Have been with this company for quite awhile I was on the $50 plan and then they came out with a special for $45 but was under the understanding that I would have the same 30 GB data only to find this month that you had dropped to 10 gigs, when I phoned them to ask to add more data it was $40 for four gigs otherwise I would have to wait till my next Rollover date which is the 12th of next month and today is the 29th, I asked can I change my rollover date to today to be able to get Internet access immediately as I am running a business and they said no. This is terrible terrible business practice I cannot believe the company can and does run like this with no regard to helping a customer in changing their plan, to help the customer out. Even though I'd be happy with the service in the past of the network I am extremely dissatisfied with the customer service Response so I will be changing providers as of today

Great Value for money, Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Network Coverage via Optus so good.
Plans are really great value for money and include heaps of data and calls.
The service call centre is great too. They are local and always helpful.

• 3 comments
Private message

Great value for money for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Havent had any trouble with jeene so far. Their sim only plant is great. The sad thing about large bloody telco is that if you want to call international numbers outside of their list, you have to pay extra- not included in value. Its sad that they think its only 10-50 countries that exists. They should be ashamed especially in country like australia, there are people in the country that many people havent even heard about.

Summary: Great value in my case, but if you are in the list of countries you can get free call, may be you can find better deal. but i guess this might be pretty good deal even in that case, So i am giving 5 star allowing for the fact that cheap price means they cannot have 24-7 customer service.

Jenee was a great relief. I agree that the customer service is not great and you have to wait a long time. The value for money is good. I would urge people who were disappointed initially about not being able to use it straightaway to comeback and tell rest of the story. How it went after that.

One thing i am not sure about is if they charge late fee, havent asked them - same issue - have to wait for long time. Just ignored thinking that if i pay on time there is no charge.

Private message

Horrible and completely disorganised mobile phone system

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

I received my Jeenee sim card in the mail and attempted to log in to activate my messages. Could not follow the recorded message and waited until a real person answered the phone. The real person had no idea what I needed to do to activate my messages and since then I have been unable to use my phone to speak to anyone. I can dial a number and the phone at the other end rings and I can hear a person answer but they cannot hear me speak to them. I will change to another provider asap.

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Received the new jeenee sim through the mail. Unable to log in following the instructions. Unable to speak to someone. Constantly on hold....waiting...waiting...25 minutes this time. Not a good start jeenee.
My employer would prefer I work for them than spend my day on hold.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I bought a data only sim card with them about 2 weeks ago. It turns out that I can't use it to get connected. Customer service is non-existent because they don't email you when your account is active and no instruction in detail how to set it up on your device to get the service. Basically I just paid them for nothing, never get to use the service. They refused to refund my money although never got to use it. Please stay away from them. It might look like a value deal but it's not worth your time and money.

Private message

Aweful, don't waste your time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

It is cheap, but the service is poor in every level. Impossible to talk to them , you have to wait at least half an hour on hold (I don't have time for this) and about a month ago, my internet speed dropped drastically to the point where I couldn't use it. I spent countless hours on the phone, asked for help, all they could say is everything is fine on our end. I was on a 3G network, so I asked to change to 4G and all they could say is you have to wait until next month. I said, this all you can do? they said yes! Unbelievable! They are worst than dodo, who I was for years in the past...
I'm going back to Amaysim, at least they provide a service.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cancelling the Direct Debit

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I went to Jeenee for the data only plan. Getting SIM and connected went well, but found the data usage charging was terrible. Within 2 days half my data was gone (other provider would last nearly a month). Decided to cancel as some reviews said they were getting overcharged. Called Customer service and was told no problem (they cancelled connection there and then) and I would not have to pay anything else(which I thought was strange as the contract said I would need to pay a small fee when cancelling). The operator was very friendly until I mentioned I would be going to my bank to cancel my direct debit to prevent any overcharging, then his attitude changed - and basically cut the conservation short and hung up. Then at the end of the month they sent a bill for over double what I had expected for cancelling. Lucky I had cancelled the direct debit. I would of been happy to pay the cancellation fee but as they tried to take more they got nothing(price for being greedy!)
Update: since the above happened I received some texts asking for payment with the last one threatning debt collectors. So I rang them. I expected them to be difficult but after about a 5 minute wait the guy who answered was very helpful and cancelled the bill there and then, saying it was a computer error due to me cancelling mid month. So rating changed to 2 stars - shame the data consumption is not as good as the customer service!

Cheap but poor quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

I have always chased on price point and have used any number of cheap resellers over 15 years. Some have gone broke but I have never been offline. Transitions have been smooth whether or not changes have been discretionary or forced. With Jeenee, first surprise is I can't access my phone supplier account (Yomojo) from my Jeenee data sim. No credible explanation given - they blamed Optus. I could with Virgin, what's the problem with Jeenee? Second fail point was timeliness of usage data. There is usually a bit of a delay but never had to wait 2 days as it is with Jeenee. Last week no detailed usage history was available at all and today I can't logon (to pay my bill of all things). Spent 15 mins on hold for support (no other support option avail) and gave up (twice). I'm off elsewhere ASAP.

The Ponds, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

So far its great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Dealing with Telco's or switching plans are not for the faint hearted. I decided to downgrade my Optus plan to Jeenee's entry level plan. Got the sim on time decided to do the number port via their site. I even called the customer support to ensure its going through. They said when the Optus service goes offline switched sim to their sim. That should be it. Unfortunately, after 10 hrs later the service hasn't kicked. I decided to pm on their Facebook site, I was surprised to receive a response with in few min even it was around 9 .30 pm at night. Jeenee told me via FB massager that they would look into next day. I followed up next morning via messenger app again as my phone service was not working. They got it sorted by speaking to Optus. With in 15 I got my service back on again. I did loose my service for about a day due to port forwarding even though its the same carrier. At least their customer service via Facebook was great. Its only been 3 days of service, similar to Optus service coverage. I will post another update to this review in few more months.

1 of 5 pages

Hi Mitch, i am a real novice at this kinda stuff, but regularly go over data on mu Optus contract. Could I possibly get a prepaid data with this Jeenee Mobile company and that would give me like 50gb for $54 whcih would be great if it works? For the time being I only want it for data use as I would keep my number and optus sim for calls until the plan runs out ion August. Appreciate your input if you have time, Gav

Gavla asked on May 18, 2017

Answer this

Hey, I wanted to do this too because I only had a month or two left of my old plan. But then I realised data-only plans still provide you with a SIM, and that would mean I would have two SIMs (one for my old plan and one for my data-only plan). If you have a phone that has two SIM pockets maybe it would work, but for my phone, I only had one and that would mean I'd have to switch out my SIMs. If you have 2 phones maybe it could work? Not really sure - but that's why I didn't get the data-only plan.

One good thing about them is that there's no lock-in (it's month by month), so you could try it and just opt out if it doesn't work well. If you don't go over too much on your Optus one, maybe it's worth just sticking with it and paying a little extra. But that's just my two cents!

Hey there, a bit late I know, I've got the $54.00 50g 4g plan for my home mobile wifi network, ( took a bit long to activate ), but it works well, and for my phone the $15.00 unlimited phone and text with 1.5g 4g download, also works well. I'm pleased overall with the service and costs. ( I run the 50g 4g
data sim through a tiny Optus portable hotspot/ router, which is frequently on special at Cole's and Woolies for under $30.00 )

So jeenee data is 3g ?

maxzi asked on May 04, 2017

Answer this

No, some of the phone plan specials are 3G (only the ones marked as such). Data SIMs are 4G - that's what I'm using now.

Anyone used jeenee in Perth metro area?

izzyp asked on Apr 16, 2017