Just the worst service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

No contact, no response to complaints on their dedicated complaints email address, continue billing on month-to-month contracts after cancelling account, they deny everything and take 30 minutes to answer the phone.

Verified Customer

No international roaming took me by surprise

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I chose Jeenee as this was a cheap plan since I planned to spend some time overseas. Everybody knows that comparing mobile phone plans is difficult and confusing and I thought I found the right provider for my needs. I didn't intend to use the phone much overseas but wanted it for emergency calls from Australia. However once overseas I realized it is not working outside of Australia and was told it has to do with the provider Optus. As I might have understanding for the problem Jeenee is facing with Optus on that issue I would like to get the option to get out of that plan based on that problem and I only have signed up very recently. But there is not much support. They can't call me as I am overseas and I am still waiting for an email for someone to contact me. Apparently it says it somewhere on their website that they don't offer international roaming. If I will ever look for another provider I will definitely check that but it didn't enter my mind that a mobile provider would not offer international roaming. I am not criticizing their service but I am more upset that they are not willing to understand my situation and let me out of a useless contract.

Unexplained over charging.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Initially jeenee was good. Customer service, coverage and fees were all good.
After being with the company for two years they began over charging me without an explanation anywhere. A small amount at first and increasing each bill. I am not able to get in contact with their customer services team at all and they have now cut off my service for not paying the over charged part if my bills.
There is no info on my bill or in the break down of my bill. There is just (adjustments made = $$$) with no explination.
Its also not possible for these adjustments to be overseas calls as i do not make any calls on my mobile at all. Also it is not excess data usage because once my data reaches its peak it is automatically disconnected.

CANNOT REACH ANYONE TO TALK TO AT JEENEE, BECOMMING HIGHLY FRUSTRATING.

I recommend (for the mean time) that you avoid this company.

• 1 comment
  • 21 helpful votes

Verified Customer

They need to get their Data usage lag sorted

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

I have 2 Jeenee Sim plans, 1 is great as I'm not a heavy data user but the other has been an expensive mistake. My son has 12gb to use per month for $35. Inevitably he uses those pretty quickly. I have data top ups turned off and as far as I'm concerned his data should cut off at that 12gb but this is not the case at all. There is a 24 hour lag in Jeenee updating data usage so he is going over that 12gb and I am having to pay a premium for it. Customer service is minimal and emails are never returned. As soon as the 12 months is up I will be leaving Jeenee.

Good Value... No Issues.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I've been on the $25 plan for almost a year now, which includes 2.5GB of data, unlimited calls and unlimited SMS. This is just enough to see me through, and was pretty competitive at the time. Personally, I've never had issues with Jeenee for service or billing (for which Vaya (previous provider) was notoriously dodgey!). Recently Kogan appears to have better deals, but there appears to be quite a few negative reviews. Overall I am happy with Jeenee Mobile.

Go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

2016- 17 experience - Very poor customer service, ongoing incorrect invoicing, gave up trying to resolve issues after several months of trying. They have a lot of work to do to provide a better service but management didn't seem to have a clue this was happening or as it appears have not fixed anything as apparently same problems still exist. Not worth the stress for cheap pricing and 24/7 help service - go elsewhere!

Excellent Pricing and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I've been with Jeenee now for 3 years and have never had a problem.

The plans just keep getting better value and they recently double the amount of data I got for free.

Jeenee uses Optus so I get great coverage.

I love that they donate their profits to providing free mobiles to people living with disability.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

totaly joke and time wasting avoid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

you cant contact this mob by phone or even their online support they simple dont reply as for the phone over 6 hours trying busy even right on opening please wait and yes allso over charge when not require to owe me $60 now can kiss that good bye

Very bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Just would like to let all know that I am so disappointed with this service.
1) I was shown on the plan that there will be a $50 credit to do international call when I was starting this plan. Later there was no such thing like that.
2) I was unable to use my service as it was blocked due to not paying but even when I paid the full amount, the service did not started so I was unable to make a call or service to anyone.
3) Even I have cleared my bill it keeps showing me the total payable amount which is just annoying.
4) I tried to call Jeenee mobile customer support but it kept me on a hold for more than 2 hrs which made me hung up my phone at the end.
5) Now I am in dilemma that should I cancel the service or just ignore the invoice.
These issues are just not giving me a good service experience from your company.

• 3 helpful votes

Getting worse

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

When I signed up 2 years ago, it used to be quite good. Good coverage and the wait time on phone is around 5 mins average and you speak with an Australian. It has been getting worse lately. Drop out of network frequently, so I decided to call to find out what's going on, been on hold for over 20 mins second attempt today and no answer. I give up. Start looking for alternative now. Just realise need to notify them 30 days in advance for change of network, if they don't pick up their phone how do I notify them??????

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

Absolute joke of a provider! Was on the line waiting for an hour and a half and still no answer.
Tried to change account name 3 times and still they haven’t done it properly!

Terrible

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

ok so signing up was easy and porting my number over was easy too im on the $9.90/month plan which is great on paper as you get unlimited calls and texts and 1gb of data so im saving $20 bux a month compared with my old plan, but in reality the service is poor. Even though my area states it is 4G i often sit in my room and have to send a msg up to 5 times because signal is terrible so annoying you have to keep checking your phone to see if the message has been sent. now calling them is also terrible just as bad as centrelink expect to wait atleast 30 - 50 minutes, the terrible thing is they know thier service is terrible thats why they sting you with a 12 month contract so your locked in, i think there should be a opt out class after the first month, you know test their service and if its good or not you can opt out or not

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Jeenee granted my wish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

All of my services have now been transferred to Jeenee and with no problem at all. Contacting them has been no problem and they are very helpful and talk to you in English from Australia. Dealing with a company and its customer service should not encounter the problem of language barriers due to the company getting cheaper employees in overseas countries whose language skills are not up to the job. All of the plans are really competitive.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Never Again. Would rather have no mobile!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

Run as far as you possibly can from this provider! Shocking service, you can never reach anyone by phone (go figure!)

If this were the last service provider available, I would still not use them. Would rather not have a mobile.

Useless!

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

run run run away poor as

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

you cant contact these people by phone tried over 4 days up to 45 mins each time gave up , even sent 8 emails per their web site no repy Customer Service and/or Support what a joke becarefull

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Used to be good, now time to avoid like the plague

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

I've been with Jeenee over 2 years and have never had a technical issue. Unfortunately, in stark contrast to the great customer service I received when I signed up all those months ago, they now have appalling service. They recently added a processing fee for BPAY, which equates to 4% of my bill! They didn't bother to inform me of this either, just tacked it on as an adjustment to my latest bill. I attempted to contact them via their website, but as others on here have pointed out they clearly do not check their emails. After one lunch time aborted call (22min on hold) I finally got through to someone after another 41 minutes on hold. He explained that the fee has been in their CIS on their website for a while, and it's therefore my fault I didn't know about it. Apparently, using emails or SMS to inform their customers of new fees is too high tech for this telecom. I let their rep know I'll be switching companies due to this experience, but I'm not sure that it got through to him as he was still trying to insist that a 4% BPAY fee is reasonable and that I have a responsibility to frequently check the fine print on my mobile plan, just in case they've changed it. Yeah right. Bye Jeenee.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Used to be good before they became more popular

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

When I first joined jeenee the service was great, customer service reps were friendly and I never had to wait when calling them up. Now, I've spent hour-long work lunch breaks waiting for someone to pick up (as that's the only time I can call within their hours) with no luck. (Side note: don't even bother emailing or using their online message service as they don't bother replying-who knows if they even check those messages?).

I've had my network cut out when I seriously needed it most, I've had a customer service rep lie to me, saying I would get my bonus data back after downgrading and upgrading my plan again later (I didn't), I've had rude customer service, and just before writing this realised I was overcharged for my last statement, during which I disconnected my service. I sincerely regret recommending them to so many people as they've just really gone downhill. Apart from having to fix up their last ditch effort at a money grab, I'm very glad to never have to deal with them again.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Great prices for calls, text and data

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

I moved to Jeenee from Vaya because of customer service and billing issues. Despite many of the one star reviews here I have had no trouble with customer service, except for waiting times on the phone which were moderate and not too long. Network coverage is via Optus and is fine for me. They do some good work helping the disabled and this helped my choice to move to Jeenee Mobile

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Be Careful - a costly mistake!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I have tried countless times to contact you by phone but have not managed to ever get through despite the most extraordinarily long waiting times - enough to send you phone battery flat!
On other occasions I have called @ 5pm only to be informed that you are temporarily (months!) closed despite your advertised and published hours being from 0830 - 1730 hrs.
So although I am currently trying to contact you on the phone and have been now waiting for only 45 minutes, I am lodging a written complaint with you, which I intend to follow up with a complaint to the TIO and possibly consumer affairs.

I am a newish customer and opened and signed up for your service on the understanding that it was a prepaid, no contract, month by month service.
I never intended to require your service on a continual basis - just as required, in much the same way as the service I receive from GlobalGig. I simply pre-pay for the month/s I require the service.

As I am continuing to receive SMS messages demanding payment for a service from you that I neither want or can even access, I request that you cease sending me monthly invoices for a non existent service. If you care to examine my usage, you will see that I only used a very small amount of the first months data and have never used it since.

I always pay for any service I receive promptly but I am not in the habit of paying for a non existent service.

If you required notification that I want to cancel, I guess you now have it.

(I thought it was a prepaid service because you are required to pay the first months payment before you can activate the service. I have since been told that this is simply an amount they hold in reserve!? No wonder I was confused!)

Extremely difficult to contact and closing my account still cost an additional $60. So all told, I ended up paying $85 for one month of their 10GB Pennywise Data SIM!!

• 2 helpful votes

No support at all!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

My 2 kids phones are with Jeenee and we tried to make simple changes to my plan online - it doesn't work.
Requested support online 4 times with no reply.
I have called 5 times and have spent many hours waiting for them to answer the phone - no reply.

This is no way to run a company.
We will be looking elsewhere.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 7 pages

Hi Mitch, i am a real novice at this kinda stuff, but regularly go over data on mu Optus contract. Could I possibly get a prepaid data with this Jeenee Mobile company and that would give me like 50gb for $54 whcih would be great if it works? For the time being I only want it for data use as I would keep my number and optus sim for calls until the plan runs out ion August. Appreciate your input if you have time, Gav

Gavla asked on May 18, 2017

Answer this

Hey, I wanted to do this too because I only had a month or two left of my old plan. But then I realised data-only plans still provide you with a SIM, and that would mean I would have two SIMs (one for my old plan and one for my data-only plan). If you have a phone that has two SIM pockets maybe it would work, but for my phone, I only had one and that would mean I'd have to switch out my SIMs. If you have 2 phones maybe it could work? Not really sure - but that's why I didn't get the data-only plan.

One good thing about them is that there's no lock-in (it's month by month), so you could try it and just opt out if it doesn't work well. If you don't go over too much on your Optus one, maybe it's worth just sticking with it and paying a little extra. But that's just my two cents!

Hey there, a bit late I know, I've got the $54.00 50g 4g plan for my home mobile wifi network, ( took a bit long to activate ), but it works well, and for my phone the $15.00 unlimited phone and text with 1.5g 4g download, also works well. I'm pleased overall with the service and costs. ( I run the 50g 4g
data sim through a tiny Optus portable hotspot/ router, which is frequently on special at Cole's and Woolies for under $30.00 )

So jeenee data is 3g ?

maxzi asked on May 04, 2017

Answer this

No, some of the phone plan specials are 3G (only the ones marked as such). Data SIMs are 4G - that's what I'm using now.

Anyone used jeenee in Perth metro area?

izzyp asked on Apr 16, 2017