Terrible telco, best avoid, reviews are accurate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Could use 0 stars.

Sure their plans appear attractively priced, but excess usage is a killer and they don't provide adequate tools to manage this. Hard to contact which makes matter worse.

Was on by the month plan, with minimal excess usage, then switched over to a 12 month contract to get a 'better' deal, only to find even with similar usage the excess data was 1 to 2 times the cost of the plan.

There are better options out there for similar money, it would even have been cheaper and easier to be on Optus.

Really couldn't recommend, even to your in-laws ;)

Rather good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I'm on their 10 + 2 Gb plan and I think its great. The coverage is Optus which means good in metro, OK in regional and terrible in remote. I did a lot of shopping around and I reckon its the best value for money provider right now. Customer service is pretty slow, on average 30mins to speak to a person, but, when they do pick up its quality and professional service. I like the fact that they are a social enterprise and think about some other than profits. All in all a good telco - I'm a happy customer.

• 2 helpful votes

I love Jeenee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Network coverage is great, they use the Optus network.
Plan's are super cheap, saving me so much money.
I can see a lot of bad reviews due because of their Customer Service.
Maybe I've been lucky but I've called up about 6 times total in 3 years and every time the wait has been quick and they always solve my issue.
Even when they release a new deal for new customers only, if you ask nice enough they hook you up.

Really terrible wait time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Long wait times. I waited 33 minutes to activate my sim. Customer service was good when i got through at the end.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Yeah the prices are competitive but if you need to contact them for anything expect to wait 1hr+ on hold over the phone. And that doesn't even guarantee speaking or resolving the issue. Simple things like setting up direct debit cannot be done on the web like other companies.

• 4 helpful votes

Worse Customer service EVER. Help yourself from any trouble by NOT using Jeenee

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Trying to contact them 4 times with no one pickup the phone after half hour waiting each time. Write them 2 message through their website without anyone replying even after waiting for a week. My problem which is actually start from them, is they still charge me monthly bill after I ported my number to Optus a month ago. They described it in their website that "they will send you final invoice if you port your service to another provider", but mine is month to month contract so basically they should stop sending me invoice whatsoever after i ported my number. Wasting a lot of my time trying to contact them without any result. Help yourself by avoid using Jeenee.

• 2 comments
Private message

Don't expect any replies from online queries!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Great 3G data plans. But massive 3G plans are becoming the norm. Emailed support and sales 3 Times over 5 weeks to adjust my plan pricing according to new prices. No email reply EVER!!

I'm churning to another provider 'cause of this...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Still no reply! Called and emailed another 2 times... And have billed me twice accidentally, but impossible to reach them. Not paying and refinancing mobile + data to another party.

Oh and they block allot of sites! Have to use a proxy to access filefactory and rapidshare related media sites such as rlsbb.ru.. And have found they fwd mobile numbers to SMS scammers..

Good value for Optus coverage

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

The service works well and fast. The plans are good value for the money and feels like an Optus-quality service.

Unfortunately when my partner lost her SIM in January 2017, it took several weeks for her to receive her new SIM. Recent experience with my mum in August 2017 suggests SIMs are sent much faster now. If your credit card can't be charged, then they also charge a $10 dishonour fee.

Great Value Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Been using Jeenee for over 18 months and works well with no problems of any kind, my plan also includes international calls $300 value and this also is great value,

The worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

They kept me waited for 35 mins. Never answer the phone. I also couldn't receive any messages from others. Internet coverage was bad as well. Always 3g and H+ even if you sign up for 4g plan. Anyway, do not even try. They will delete any negative posts on Facebook as well.

Save your time and money. Do not go anywhere near this joke of a company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

Signed up for their 15$ deal whatever it has in it. Never got a working sim. Reactivated it twice on my part giving them all the info they needed. Still nothing. Called them up, service was great but if i still don't have my product working who cares about service. They said they would sort it out on that day and activate my sim and message me when it's done. Or if they have run into a problem they will message me. Didn't get any message and im still here chasing up a refund for the service i wasn't even given and cancelling the service. Waste of time, go some place else where they actually have a clue of what they're doing.

• 19 helpful votes
Private message

No response, even from their Complaints Department!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Abjectly awful customer service ethic, never answers phone so you can’t close accounts and when you send a complaint about that you get no response. Nothing. Twice!!

melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

No problems yet

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I have called them and it takes about 30mins to get through but I just leave the phone on speaker and go about what I am doing till they answer, not a problem. When you chat to them they are very helpful . Coverage is good. Very cheap.

Logan

• 1 answer
Private message

Great value, needs some kinks ironed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

I signed up to their 12 month Pennywise plan - that gives me unlimited calls and texts, along with 1Gb of data a month (plenty for me).

You get 4G (or 3G if your phone doesn't accept it), free voicemail and no extra charges for 13 or 1800 numbers.

Occasionally i get a glitch calling, but since i have unlimited calls, i just call again.

There are two main drawbacks: one is that, at present, if you ring support, answer times will be woeful. I've waited half an hour generally, putting my phone to the side while i do other things. A couple of times i waited half an hour only to have he call cut out, so i had to ring again.

That said, i'm told they've been flooded with customers and didn't expect the demand, but will soon be adding extra staff. When i finally did get through, the staff were always helpful and friendly.

The other issue is that the default ringtone for the phone is too short. I think maybe it's only 5 seconds. Anyway, their website tells you how you can extend this. You enter the key combination **61*321**XX#, then call or send, where XX is the time in 5 second blocks.

Despite the issues, i'm happy to have this service at such a good price. I'm guessing things will only improve in the coming weeks.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible service, billing and communication.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

We signed up with Jeenee because we were sick of big providers like Optus and Telstra who don't value their customers one bit and we wanted to support a small social enterprise who give back to the community. Unfortunately, Jeenee are no different. Their service and communication are terrible. They can't even sort out their own billing system, so I have to keep chasing them up! Some of their staff are also incredibly rude.

I have now been contacting them to sort out the errors in our bills for 4 months!! We haven't paid for this amount of time, because they keep promising an e-mail update with the bills corrected and then never do. I have spent over 6 hours trying to sort this. They keep saying they will do something and never do! The only option we have is to change providers and not pay them until they sort this, which from experience may be never! Their problem not ours.

Back to square one...is there any decent internet provider out there in Oz???

Gold Coast

• 1 review

Follow up on Review posted 4 Sept 2017

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I'm STILL WAITING for them to call me since posting on 4 Sept 2017 with an abysmal Review of their Service!
I have continued to try calling as well as emailing them, but no one answers the phone or emails!
This is beyond frustrating. Get your act together Jeenee and at least have the courtesy to return a call or email.

My advice - KEEP AWAY FROM THIS PROVIDER
I gave this review 1x Star because you can't post without at least one!!
However, If I could give them NEGATIVE 5 stars I would!!

MELBOURNE

• 34 comments
  • 4 questions
  • 30 answers
  • 209 helpful votes
Private message

The customer service is abysmal. Phone and data is all right.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Data Volume and Pricing way better than Telstra Boost.

Customer service - terrible.

Long call waiting times. Apparently main service person just doesn't get it - with many things.

i.e. I use my mobile phone to tether the PC, to get on the net. (along with some mobile phone net use)

I can't get the internet to work with the data SIM card, because the APN settings are special settings, and not the Optus SIM card settings.

The customer support person "KNOWS" that I cannot connect to the internet, and yet he insists on telling me that if I look them up on Google, then I can get them from there. (face palm)

I get the 10 minute connectivity speech, every time, for like 3 or 4 or 5 times in a row, usually caused by him hanging up on me --------- instead of just answering the damned question.

"Nooooo, Nooooooooooooo, Noooooooooooooooooo - I don't want to know every item on the menu, I just want a coffee...." (rolls eyes)

It just drags on and on and on and on....

At least they speak English and run from an Australian call centre...

But they have been on "9 - 5 reduced hours" for about 4 or 5 months now.. as far as I know, with no evening, public holiday or week end support.

And you can't get on line to buy on line, from them, with the new data SIM, because you cannot set up your account from the new SIM...

You need to have an internet connection running - to be able to do that.

Not evil but.............

I even got to talk to a supervisor at Jeenee, the next day after all the "really helpful" calls to the same customer service guy the days previously, and I was so exhausted from fighting with the monkeys in the monkey cages, over the peanuts of owed to me data, at Boost, that it did not go over well.

When I get a call back from a supervisor, I hope they have opened my account and read up on "their" interpretation of the events - or at least to have my account open on the screen in front of them.

When out of curiosity I asked the guy, "How much data is there left on my account?" - he gave me the identical "Go Fetch" look it up on Google yourself" reply.

Same kind of script from the same "How to be unhelpful to customers" text book, as the guy who would not tell me the special APN settings to use their data SIM with.

I have no time for this kind of fighting for 20 minutes, every call, for 5 calls in a row, instead of telling me in 2 minutes, what it was I actually asked for from the outset.....

And with the Data Only Sim, it had extra charges on it, so I sent them this inquiry about a week back:

"I have several problems with your billing methods. I hire your lot to prove a specified and given quantity to data for a given fee.

There are excess charges for the services I intend to dispute.

Excess Data 130MB - $2.50

Excluded Usage: Mobile Originated SMS - $8.50

1. I purchased a set amount of data.

2. IF other functions such as SMS or MMS, which are based on the sending and receiving of data, use up the data, then that is to be included in the consumption of the data.

3. If however, they are to be defined as excluded as defined by the billing, from the "services" being the sending and receiving of data, then they are not to be available.

4. But seeing as they are available, when they are classed as being unavailable, which means they are consuming a part of the data, to be incurring an extraordinarily high charge for the use of the data already paid for, is in fact an illegal billing method.

5. Further to this, this "racket" being run by Optus, and it's resellers, of selling a specific allotment of data, and then to NOT stop the data, when the data is all consumed, and to then allow the data to be supplied without being able to know up to 24 or more hours after the data has been used and a higher rate of billing is being charged, is in fact unlawful.

So you and the management of Optus are going to have to sort this out, because if you don't I will make an issue of it."

The "Hill Billy Phone Co" have not responded too it...

The other thing about their hours, being that they are a phone company, so you would expect reasonable hours - such as 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, OR at the least 7am to 9pm 7 days a week, but they do not even have that. They only provide customer service Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. These are not particularly helpful office hours for a telephone companies contact centre.

What is worse, is that given that they are a "National" or "An all of Australia telephone company" - when it is a public holiday in New South Wales, they shut the office by not turning up for work to attend to the customer service work, for all the customers in Australia.

I mean that is NOT even 9 - 5 Monday to Friday.

Every time there is a public holiday - they just don't turn up for work.

That is not customer service. That is not even an acceptable level of customer service for any phone company.

They can keep their pet little idyoscyncracies and peculiaratities...

I moved on.

Their come back on leaving their "Data only SIM plans are month to month, and must be paid in advance" - an email bill for $140.60, from a NO REPLY email address.

No correction of scams in a prior bill, no customer service - only multiple instances of time wasting...

This company reminds me of a guy I knew who collected coins at the traffic lights for charity. "Oh helping the disabled"...... by pocketing all the cash that was donated from the people in the cars - when they got the green light and they trusted him to put it in the tin for them....

They have been sending me emails and SMS's demanding more money than ever, for services not supplied, for services not rendered, for the last 5 or 6 months....

"We treat you like and idiot and then tell you to go jump, and after we get sacked - and then demand payment for months of service not supplied." - Good Luck with that Einstein.

They are light fingered thieves.

Don't use them.

• 1 review
Private message

Service fine, customer service abysmal

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Connection is pretty reliable and staff seem nice, but customer service is terrible. You can never get through on the phone (that's not true, I've gotten through 2x by waiting for over 20 minutes each time) and nobody answers the online messaging service. The best luck I've had is through facebook messenger, but I have yet to see my issue (voice mail doesn't work) resolved. Also, if I go over my data allowance my connection gets shut off on the renewal date. This has happened twice. Exhausting.

Canberra

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

No problems with signup, delivery, activation & transfer of number

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Signed up online on a Wednesday. SIM card arrived the following Monday. Simple activation online and it only took 30 minutes for my number to be ported from previous provider.

My only gripe is that they bill you from the moment they start your account, not from the day you activate the service. $10 for delivery of SIM is very expensive but the ongoing plan is the cheapest and best available in the market as at September 2017.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

So far so good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I actually started my account a month ago and so far within 24 hours my phone has been ported over. I had one niggily issue regarding internet connection and that has since been corrected.

I'm chuffed with the price and helping people with disabilities at the same time.

1 of 6 pages

Hi Mitch, i am a real novice at this kinda stuff, but regularly go over data on mu Optus contract. Could I possibly get a prepaid data with this Jeenee Mobile company and that would give me like 50gb for $54 whcih would be great if it works? For the time being I only want it for data use as I would keep my number and optus sim for calls until the plan runs out ion August. Appreciate your input if you have time, Gav

Gavla asked on May 18, 2017

Answer this

Hey, I wanted to do this too because I only had a month or two left of my old plan. But then I realised data-only plans still provide you with a SIM, and that would mean I would have two SIMs (one for my old plan and one for my data-only plan). If you have a phone that has two SIM pockets maybe it would work, but for my phone, I only had one and that would mean I'd have to switch out my SIMs. If you have 2 phones maybe it could work? Not really sure - but that's why I didn't get the data-only plan.

One good thing about them is that there's no lock-in (it's month by month), so you could try it and just opt out if it doesn't work well. If you don't go over too much on your Optus one, maybe it's worth just sticking with it and paying a little extra. But that's just my two cents!

Hey there, a bit late I know, I've got the $54.00 50g 4g plan for my home mobile wifi network, ( took a bit long to activate ), but it works well, and for my phone the $15.00 unlimited phone and text with 1.5g 4g download, also works well. I'm pleased overall with the service and costs. ( I run the 50g 4g
data sim through a tiny Optus portable hotspot/ router, which is frequently on special at Cole's and Woolies for under $30.00 )

So jeenee data is 3g ?

maxzi asked on May 04, 2017

Answer this

No, some of the phone plan specials are 3G (only the ones marked as such). Data SIMs are 4G - that's what I'm using now.

Anyone used jeenee in Perth metro area?

izzyp asked on Apr 16, 2017