Plane full of gum

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Plane was full of gum. Disgusting. Wasn’t cleaned before we boarded. The seat was full of sticky bubblegum. Grosssss. Really nasty.

Price Gouging

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I made a mistake when booking my flight and needed to swap origin and destination. They wanted me to pay 4x the price of the ticket to make the change. Very hard to understand the rep as obviously overseas call centre. Very rude.
Will never fly this airline again.

Worst service ever. Do not recommend anyone to travel with them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Worst service ever. Cancelled my flight and send me a SMS??? Told me the flight i requested was fully booked while the site took me upto payment option(that means it wasn’t fully booked).Worst customer service. Didn’t know the flight duration and told me it’s 50mins flight from Adelaide to Perth!!!

Callous attitude to cancelled flight. 300 people had their plans shredded with this unsupported can

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Couldn’t book a seat online.
Couldn’t checkin online.
Flight was delayed twice
.........And then cancelled. 300 people left with their lans in tatters and not even an apology.
We never left our destination. At the airport from 4:00am to the 7:00pm when we had to fly to Melbourne to get to Bali in time for my nephew’s wedding. This added a substantial cost $500.00 to our trip costs.
Almost 300 people were left with their plans for the weekend in shreds. Lost accommodation costs. Lost musical festival tickets, honeymoon, wedding plans etc. Companies should not b allowed to ruin lives like this.

TULLAMARINE

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Cancelled Cancelled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Went to the Rugby Grand Final in Sydney - while at the game I received a text message that said my flight the next morning at 0600am, to get me back to work on time was cancelled.
Since then so many people have told me that this is Jetstars normal - if the flight is not full - Cancel it- I am booking a big holiday now - I told my Travel Agent straight away - NO JETSTAR

Maureen D - Melbourne

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Robina, Qld

• 3 helpful votes

Half price 24 hours later

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

My fault but jetstar didn't care. I called jetstar and asked if any special were coming up and the answer was NO so I bought 2 tickets and within 24 hours I received an email of specials that when I investigated I would have paid half the price. Jetstar didn't want to know about it when I contacted them but they will beat another airlines price. People ask me why I fly virgin...

Worst Airline

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

When I was flying to Gold Coast from Adelaide, to my surprise, there was a half eaten Vegemite sandwich wedged in between the seats.

Jetstar flying experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

We flew from Auckland to Melbourne on Saturday 3 November 2018 with Jetstar.
It is over 4 hours flight time and they did not even offer glass of water.
How stingy. I think it is worst than a budget Airline.
With that cost cutting in mind, I wonder if Jetstar even carry enough fuel.
Aircrew was lazy and no PR skills.
Never again with Jetstar- I am sure there are better options.

Horrible service, made to pay $146 for a flight change that I booked 5 minutes previous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Horrible and won't be using again. Needed to return the same day as I fly out and I chose the flights accordingly. When I received my confirmation the date was wrong for the return. I called and they wanted to charge me double to change a booking I made 5 minutes previous! Insane. I went online and changed it for $146. Not happy. My business used to book with jetstar for corporate flights. Lost us.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Cancelled flight without any communication, setup in a shocking hotel and no replacement flights for over 24 hours. Worst.

somewhere

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Better to walk ... even overseas.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I have been flying 1-2 times a month for the last six years and generally avoid this airborne abortion like the plague (which would often be preferable). The numerous breakdowns and delays are one thing. But the utter attitude of pure filth by what passes as staff is disgusting beyond measure.

Took this flight with the twins at the first time to Asia. The crew and hostess were terrible. Non

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

My experience was once with them. I believe no more booking with them at all. I had enough during that trip.

Flight cancelled

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

We were supposed to fly out to Tasmania this morning at 8.45 we got to airport to find out our flight had been cancelled two children at airport for 7hrs cause they couldnt get us on any of there earlier flight. We are in long term car park can’t get out and. They gave us some $8 meal voucher but service is appalling so annoyed this is a whole day down on our wedding anniversary

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Horrendous Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I lodged a complaint regarding some mis-information provided by a call centre member.. I was promised a call via phone within 10 days by a Res. Supervisor, from the Customer Care team.
I was never called, however without even talking to me, had my complaint closed, and offered a review if I returned their email.
I did so. Again, without communicating with me, my complaint was closed.
It has been over 3 weeks. No one has communicated with me, contacted me or discussed the issues surrounding my complaint. I have merely been shunned off by a “Malcolm Edwards” from the Customer Care team, and had my complaint closed without discussion.
This is disgraceful service. I will never ever use Jetstar again, and tell everyone I can, the same.

You get what you pay for ,I guess?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

My family and I took return flights to Thailand recently with jet star (last week we returned), I found them incredibly rude at check in at Melbourne airport. The air line staff were rude and productive in helping their customers.
I even heard one of their employees complaining that "passengers for the flight were deliberately going slow and it was unbelievable"??
Their in flight service was slightly better, but none of the air hostesses spoke English and there was an obvious communication barrier.
Everything on the flight costs an arm and a leg.
On returning to Melbourne the staff were slightly less rude, but still unhelpful.
The actual seats on the plane were pretty comfortable and the fairs were cheap... That's the most positive thing I can say.
Oh and both our flights were delayed by an hour.

Delay delay CANCELLED

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Currently sitting in a motel in Brisbane when I should be at a resort in Bali!!! First delay 4 hours, second delay 1 hour then full cancellation. Next flight in 2 days with no guarantee of accommodation or return transfer to airport or that the plane will even take off. Very unhappy with the service and the way we've been treated. Hoping the return flight is uneventful. Jetstar are going from bad to worse!

Bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Yesterday I flew from Hobart to Sydney. While waiting to check in, I witnessed a man checking his wife, infant baby and toddler in, asking the staff if they could assist her when she arrived in Sydney to get her luggage and point her in the right direction to the international airport as his wife could not speak English and had the children. It was not an unreasonable request. But the two staff members were quite rude and unhelpful and kept insisting that they do not do that, and it’s not Jetstars policy to assist like that, the man didn’t raise his voice at any point even though he advised them that when he booked his wife’s tickets, the customer service person advised they would give her some assistance. The staff member raised her voice a number of times, that my nieces whom I was travelling with asked why the lady was yelling. I understand it’s not their policy but they could have offered a little assistance or information to the man who could have explained to his wife what she had to do when she arrived in Sydney, but no, they didn’t help him at all. In Sydney, my sister ended up helping the lady and her children by getting her bags and taking her to the bus stop to get the bus to the international airport. I hope she made her flight as Jetstar as usual was over an hour late landing, we were supposed to land at 18.10 but landed at 19.10 instead. It is such a shame that decent customer service is not a Jetstar policy, as mentioned I understand they have policies but sometimes you can show some compassion and go out of your way just to offer a little help and be nice, no wonder they have such a bad reputation. If there had been another airline available I would have flown with them but unfortunately Jetstar was my only option.

Geelong

Verified Customer

Always perfect service and planes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

My partner and i travel alot and Jetstar consistently has the best value ticket prices and times that suit us, the fact they service Avalon is beyond convenient and our whole reason for first choosing them. Staff are friendly, website snd check in is easy and being able to put e-ticket in my iphone wallet app is awesome

Cancelled then delayed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Got a text message at 5.28am that our 7am JQ560 flight to Brisbane was cancelled. Rearranged flight (and hire car) to Gold Coast and now that flight JQ436 appears to be indefinitely delayed. 10+ hours in Tulla airport with a tired toddler is no fun. Will NEVER entertain flying with Jetstar again, no matter what “attractive offer” you promote.

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Jetstar you pay for what you get

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Delayed. Rude. Expensive. Staff are clearly very unhappy and unhelpful. My last flight was to Bali. Never again. My flight was also a full cost fare for 4. To the staff. If you don’t like it and can’t smile have some courage and leave!!

1 of 103 pages