LATE AGAIN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Im not a frequent flyer . But when i fly domestic. They are always late. Absolutely annoying. So inconsiderate to there customers. We could of spent more time doing instead we need to wait and suffer for the consequences. Jet star should act on there apologies. Verbally is not good enough.

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer

Jetstar should not operate domestic flights in Japan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Flight was already delayed two days before. As of now I am sitting here at 6.30pm waiting for a flight that was suppose to be at 1.55pm. If Jetstar cannot sustain their credibility they should not be operating any flights in Japan. There are no staff here indicating the status.

Daylight robbery on baggage charges...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

It’s hard to expect to be billed over $50 for 1.5 extra killos grams of baggage. Very little communication and options to very and correct the problem!

Pay peanuts, get monkeys

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

If they're not delaying/cancelling flights enmasse, they'll attempt to extort money out of you by forcing you to weigh your carry-on at the boarding gate. The funny thing is, the people that don't que up for weigh-in board the plane, regardless of weight.

So it becomes clear; safety is not the priority, making a quick buck off unsuspecting passengers is.

I just spent 4 weeks flying Qatar Airways, EzyJet, KLM & Lufthansa. Not a single one made this transparent attempt to extort money out of its customers.

Put simply, Jet Star are the cheap and nasty thugs of airline travel. With rude staff & a borderline illegal corporate policy, it's a wonder people still book with them. If you're looking for the quickest way to part with your money and NOT receieve what you've been promised, then Jet Star is a sure fire way to meet that end.

What a rip-off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

The airport shuttle bus service was 5 minutes late arriving at Christchurch Airport. Jetstar refused to let me board the flight and confiscated my $120.00 fare to Wellington even though they conceded that it was not my fault for being 5 minutes late to check in. I watched the plane sitting on the tarmac 100 yards away for 35 minutes before the plane taxied to takeoff. I will never ever fly with Jetstar again.

My fault should have known better

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Sitting at Brisbane airport we were meant to board over 50 minutes ago, and be in the air for at least 15, we are ALL still here, no announcement, no staff, no explanation NOTHING.
Flew with Jetstar a year ago hated it and just did it again, promise there will be no third time !!!

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Do not I repeat do not fly with Jetstar internationally no leg room no width of seat very rude staff in air and on ground
worst airline to deal with in the world by far make sure you check every other airline and pay a bit more for your flight rather than this squashed up flight disgraceful airline, ashamed it is Australian.

Worst service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I am ABSOLUTELY livid that when I booked a flight online, the date automatically changed by itself after I had paid for my flight. When I called Jetstar, the guy told me I would have to pay $188 to change the flight (Which I had initially selected) and that it was my fault. I can’t believe that he had the audacity to blame me for their mistake. I’ll never be flying with them again and I’ll make certain that none of my friends or family do too. What a joke of an airline. They should be ashamed of themselves for such poor customer service!

Cancelled with 6 hours to go

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

We were booked to travel to Cairns for our 20th wedding anniversary via FlyBuys Travel and Jetstar, and 6 hours before we were due to fly we received a message that our flight was cancelled. We contacted the customer care team and were advised that the best option available would be detoured via Sydney and would get us into Cairns around 12pm instead of 6am. We asked whether there was any option to fly via another carrier and the person rather sneeringly commented that we could do that but only by cancelling and booking for ourselves. In the meantime we also contacted the FlyBuys team who offered to rearrange our flight via Qantas for an additional $1400, so we returned to the original Jetstar person who now advised us that those alternative flights were fully booked and the only option available was the same flight a day later. As this would get us to our destination at 6am on the morning of our Anniversary and we had already made a number of arrangements at the location, we cancelled the flight with Jetstar and rebooked with Qantas which cost us just over $1000 but had us at our location by lunchtime.
Due to the lack of funds and general exhaustion caused from the stress and upset, we were unable to arrange the various romantic excursions we had planned for our anniversary break which was hugely disappointing.
It is now 11 working days and counting since this occurred, and the JetStar Team have yet to reply to the email I sent on the evening we were due to fly; we also are still waiting for the refund of the cancelled flight.
This was our first booking with Jetstar, forced upon us by having booked a package with FlyBuys Travel (another harsh lesson learned) - it will also be our last.

Not so cheap after all.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

2 kilos over and get with $60 so is not worth the trip.your better off flying somewhere else which i will be doing from now on.

Delays or cancellations

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

The last three flights from Australia to New Zealand have either been delayed or cancelled. Save your self the heart ache and fly with another airline.

Verified Customer

Do not book a flight with Jetstar

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Jetstar completely failed to help me and my family !! They canceled the flight from Melbourne to Christchurch in the early hours of the of the morning with only a few hours before we were due to fly out ! obviously I didn’t see any emails from them until my alarm went off !! As we were stuck in a hotel room and having to check out early morning, they left us scrambling to find a flight, made me contact them to rebook and instead of finding me a new direct flight, stuck us on a flight To Christchurch via Auckland at a ridiculous hour with our baby ! they also failed to tell us there was a five hour wait in Auckland ? We were given four $8 vouchers for our troubles ! But don’t worry about the five hour wait in Auckland which we would had have spent more money for food/drinks !! I will never book with them again.The ticket cost 700 ish for 4 tickets, for the sake of our two small children, we had book last minute flights with qantas ( same company) for 2000 to get a direct flight to chch. Thanks Jetstar for stuffing up my holiday !! Never again !! W

Melbourne

• 5 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

cancel due to injury

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

My wife broke her leg due to a workplace injury 5 days before we were due to fly . We had paid for our flights with Jetstar 2 weeks earlier. I contacted Jetstar and told them what had happened and that my wife was in hospital over the period when we were supposed to fly out. I sent them copies of all the hospital admission forms, hospital notes and even Xrays. Can someone tell me why it then takes 15 business days for them to review the request for the cancellation and refund when they have all the evidence they need in front of them. That amount of time is ridiculous. What else do they bloody need. Are they just dumb or totally incompetent. I have not flown Jetstar before and thought that I would give them a go. After this debacle myself and none of my family will ever fly with Jetstar because of this total incompetence. I wish that I had read the reviews before booking the flights.

Verified Customer

Terrible service attitude both crews inflight and ground level

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

- Booking was done online, fly from Narita, Japan to Sydney (in transit at Cairns)
- The flight was from 9pm to 5.25am. Crews in flight were inconsiderate, opening cabin for their belongings, making loud noise throughout duration of flight despite passengers sleeping.
- At 2.30am, light was on (only economic seat section) for selling foods and drinks. Obviously everyone was awake and no one orders foods/drinks
- Light was on from then on. At 3.30am, announcement made on donation program, air stewardess brought a pack of coins, shaking making noise to attract attention.
- Note that business seats were not disturbed. Passengers remain sleeping
- At Cairns, ground level staff at check in gate insisted to weight all our baggages including airport purchases and insisted on charging us 2kg extra from airport purchase. We argued and not paid the fee
- Worst flight experience i had in last 10 years. Never fly again with jetstar. Not worth any penny

I have never known an airline to cancel so many of their flights

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Newcastle to Brisbane was at check in 30 before was not allowed to board but 2 friends were as I had luggage. Then 6am flight was canceled.
Missed my fiancé 21st birthday lunch. Thanks a lot jetstar.

Earning policy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I am a frequent flyer of Jetstar. Had a really bad experience this time we reached about 25-30min before take off and the staff said sorry it’s too late now didn’t have anything to check in. And we heard the final call even 4min after the take off time had to pay bloody more money to get the next flight which was again departed approximately 40min after the scheduled time. Which was really annoying.

Just pay a bit more and fly with virgin or qantas.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Staff are rude (they really need to get off their high horses.
Aircraft - uncomfortable but honestly, the ticket was cheap and I knew it wouldn't be as comfortable as virgin or Qantas so wasn't really disappointed here (can't get disappointed when you didn't have high expectations, to begin with)
Its just the staff - expected average service but the reality was that they're just rude and disrespectful.

Rip off

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Add ons ripoff , with online algorithms ripoff.
it’s the last time I fly with them
Bye Bye Jet star

Not impressed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

The add- ons are ridiculous by the time you paid for the meal, baggage, entertainment and yes blanket package your spending money is zilch. Unsatisfied customer.

Horrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I had a flight with them a couple days ago. The flight attendants were very arrogant (I mean, treating people without any dignity) as well as any other crew from Jetstar. Wouldn't recommend.

1 of 96 pages