wodonga region

• 3 comments

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

pathetic simply horrid worst experiance of my life

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Jg king review
had to travel 8 hours return trip to remove a simple tree they promised they would remove before frame went up , I had to do it , sign of things to come
staff chopped up timber that I had just purchased for fencing they used it for form work for concrete,
received signed final invoice paid in good faith told the house needed a clean. Neighbours informed me the house lay idle for months no one really was around , well date arranged no one here , forced entry with locksmith . I had enough ,sleeping in cars bouncing from motel to motel .for months
house far from finished unflushed human feaces in blocked toilets , paintwork like a child had painted it . scratched mirror /wardrobe /badly stained grout in shower, broken light fittings glass on floor , garage door not working water leaking badly in kitchen , laundry water leaking also, heating cooling not working , spray painted over the front outer window frame to hide some damage there , and lets not forget the great outdoor water taps when turned on shakes the house down , exhaust fan bathroom screaming its head off , and 2 doors painted all over the seals painted shut wrong colored spouting and facias / and a fuse box wrong color they just shlacked paint over, hot water worked when it felt like it , toilets keep blocking, still to this day, and a back door step made of sand , 2 doors would not close , bathroom door wont lock , I could go on all day
overall workmanship PATHETIC , they obviously did not have a spirit level or a square looks like homer simpson built this place , water was flooding up against slab front of house ,and lets not forget one of the rooms you cant sleep in with the heater on , something lose in the ceiling flapping away , hot water service valve failed , $$$
concrete form work around the house is really horrendous looks horrible . looks like child did it
now the serious stuff , the cracks that appear door frames skirting boards , plaster . is awful and they wont fix it , looks horrid ,cracks in the window frames , door frames , some you you could stick are car key inn , that big ,the concrete in the garage is horrible cracking told it dried out to quick or too much water in the slurry , looks horrid ,never refunded for been months overdue . wont fix , cracks , poor workmanship , I have been trying to get paint plasterwork repaired over a year , (nothing)
there own manager admitted the workmanship fixout was bad , but they wont fix it , reported to consumer affairs etc etc , off to vcat I presume
another great story of a tin frame home of jg king

Comments
JG King Homes Official

We have acknowledged your concerns and have had Senior Management contact you to arrange access to fully investigate. However, we were not granted access. We would like to resolve these issues with... read more »

what i am dealing with is summed up in a nutshell in your comment , you want me to start pasting / copying emails

not granted access ? he rang said he was coming tuesday next week , did he change his mind after the review went live ? . you were never denied access , can you prove that , ? i can prove ever... read more »

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Do not waste your time and money.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

We started in NOVEMBER 2017. We were told to expect to be finished late October. It is now DECEMBER and we have been told we won't be in until late JANUARY 2019. 14 months to build a single story 28 square home. We've had no outstanding issues, we didnt hit rock or have a difficult block, no rain delays, no stolen or vandalized property...our huge delay is purely due to mismanagement. We've had 4 site supervisors in 5 months. Every individual at jgking has zero communication skills. I rang every second day for 7 weeks to enquire as to why our house had not progressed and not a single call was returned. When I finally spoke to [name removed] (vic manager) he was rude and dismissive. Sure, jgking are now paying us as they have hit the date for delays but this is done at handover, so I'm currently paying 2 mortgages. Our almost fully completed home will now sit unoccupied and exposed to theft and vandalism until late Jan because they don't have time to do "QA checks." I will tell everyone I can not to build with this company.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Veronica, We understand your frustration of not being in before Christmas to celebrate the occasion in your new home with friends and family. We apologise for this inconvenience. We take our Qu... read more »

This would be an acceptable response if we were due to move in just before Christmas. If the proposed late Jan move in date actually goes ahead we will be 3 months overdue! 3 months of 2 full mortg... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

JG King Horsham

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

we have just started our build, the whole process getting design and contract, Nathan & Jess from Horsham office were amazing. can not rate them more highly, so efficient and professional. we had a few changes we wanted to make, Nathan was very honest when it came to price so we didn't get any nasty suprises, also they both contributed with other ideas that we hadn't even thought of. great experience for a first time builder

Exceptional pre-build service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Even with the stress inducing delays in titles, loan applications, etc the team a JG were patient and helpful. Keeping us on track, focussed on what was important and on time. Customer service staff were very personable, polite, patient and clear. Nothing but a good experience.

Some of the costs were greater than initially estimated, but not by much and the reasons were clearly communicated and accounted for in the contract. Caused mostly on our side by titling delays so in the end, not unexpected nor disputed.

Thanks again to the team for a smooth and supportive process.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Dennis, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive pre-building experience so far. We wish you all the very best througho... read more »

Ballarat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We are extremely happy with our finished dream home built by JG KING.(Austin Alpha Home Design).

Our process began with the senior sales consultant Lee from Ballarat, who had a wealth of knowledge and experience to assist us with our grand home. I would highly recommend speaking Lee if you choose to inquiry about building with JG KING.

The administration staff and management have been great and accommodating throughout the process.

Our site supervisor Anthony is by far the best supervisor we've ever had in the past ( previously built 4 homes with various builders (including several supervisors since 2006).
The trades that build the home are all contractors that do work for all other builders in the area, but, In my opinion it comes down to the quality of the Site Supervisor and how fussy he/she is with the trades and the high level of expectation. They need to be on your side and its very important to establish a great rapport from the start.
Issues are going to arise with every build, unforeseen limitations etc , but its how the Site Supervisor handles the situation works in with you.
With this home, I admit, we were hard work as clients, but Anthony kept his cool and level headed the whole time and are really happy with the final product. Usually red heads are fiery, I was surprised!

I am extremely careful about selecting a builder in regards to the company financial situation. As one previous build, the builder went broke and caused a nightmare.
JG KING have been around for decades and I can see the homes they are constructing everywhere in Ballarat This gives me peace of mind knowing the build will be completed from start to finish and 'After Service' is going to be there.

Critical feedback for JG KING as follows -
-The show/upgrades room needs to be larger and more open with bigger range.(ballarat office)
- At the time, the online upgrade selection utility was very minimal, but hopefully they have expanded this with more options/photo's for clients to upgrade with.
-It also appears JG KING are finally starting to catch up with more modern design facades that are starting to show on their website. As at the time when selecting our home, it was limited and the competition looked more appealing.
- JGKING need more Site Supervisors for all the houses they are building, too much work going on for one person. His phone was constantly ringing at every site meeting, but always gave plenty of time for us and never made us feel rushed.
If JG KING have so many builds on the go, it's obvious they have the money turning over to pay for additional Supervisors. As this did result in less communication through-out the build between us and Anthony then we had liked, but he did apologise for that before we had even mentioned it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Thank very much for your review and critical feedback, we really appreciate it. Thank you for choosing to build with JG King and trusting us to build your dream home. JG King is always looking for... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Worth the wait

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

We completed our build with JG King a few months ago. We had a bit of a rocky start and struggled a bit through the admin process. There was a lot of waiting and a lot of frustration. The build stage - also pretty slow. It was about 12 months from start to finish. That said, we had quite a few customization on our build, and no doubt that slowed down the process a little.
Now that we have finally moved in, we are very happy with the final product. [name removed] and [name removed] looked after us and made sure everything was done well. [name removed] at head office is also marvelous.
Bottom line, if you want something done quick, go with a bigger volume builder who can do it. If you want to get it done well, JG King are a good choice.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Hayden,
Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to read that your bad experience was turned around. We hope you enjoy your home for many years to come.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Great back-office process so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I am impressed with the contract preparation process of JG King. It is currently within the agreed timeframe. I have been given the final drawing quickly and few days later we have the building permit. Back-office team is really accommodating and easy to deal with. Shout out to [name removed] for all her help. So far so good. We are now in the stage of waiting for the build schedule - hopefully it will be ready in the next few days.
Thanks JG King team.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your review, we are glad that we have met your expectations. We wish you all the best throughout the construction phase.

Very Good, our second home with JG King Horsham

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Supervisor and administration staff managed our site exceptionally well. We completed two months ahead of schedule. Overall work quality was above average, but there was some disappointment in the concrete around the house. Internal errors were fixed on time. Cost were all as promised. I think sometimes there could be more time spent in the sales arena detailing exactly what is and what is not included. Sometime in the vast details of specs some basics are overlooked.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your review and choosing to build with JG King again. We will definitely take your feedback on board and improve on those areas in the future. We wish you all the best with your new home.

Tarneit

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Soooooo Disappointed - If only i read other reviews :(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

If only, Soooo disappointed, If only, My build started July 2017 yep 2017, I was very excited when I signed up with JG King, but if only, since the actual commencement of build it has been down hill. I have had 5 Supervisors of which most of them i did not even know were not working my job for a least 1 months after they had gone. This is only because I tried to make contact. If only, I had read the reviews on the JG King page, I only knew of one person that had built with them and they had no issues at all and the build was completed before actual date. If only. It took nearly 2 months to just lay my bricks, should have been a warning sign, their response to this was but he does a good job. I was also invoiced for the fix and fit out when nothing was done and it came back to me that is at the discretion of supervisor if they think it better to do paint or do other job before fit out that is what will happen, that was the January so I paid they then had the majority of my payments, guess what the paint job wasn't done till the Jul 2018. So slow and so many excuses and stories and blame game as to why things were not done. Between supervisors blaming the one prior to them taking over, to we can not get a tradesman or not turning up. Everything done in drips and drabs. Works did not flow easily. Correspondence between company, supervisor and myself practically non existent. Work sloppy, (plaster and paint on carpet - why the carpet and flooring and drapes put in before painted I have no idea.) Also floor boards put in and dirt and mud walked through, boards had a puddle at one stage i still have not seen them clean to see if unaffected by the water, so many things not finished properly sloppy work and or at all, I am now 230 days over my completion date with no set date as yet, I have found them to be indifferent about any query and or challenge to the works being done. I employed an independent inspection as I was having my "formal inspection" this was a month ago and implied i would have hand over within the 2-3 weeks, as I did not trust that the jobs had been done properly and I have been justified as so many things not completed properly. If only I had read more reviews, there is about 10 on this page that if you did not know any different you would have thought the same person wrote them. The problems, I keep getting told that I am not the only one, by my supervisor that there are 12 others in you position, that is well and good but does not help me in the slightest. I feel their frustration of monetary and mental stress that building with JG King has bought on due to exceeding the time frames of build along with the excuses. Very disappointed.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Tess, We are very disappointed to hear that we have let you down. We understand that you have been in communication with our Construction Team to resolve all outstanding issues and we ask that ... read more »

Downwards since construction started

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Since construction started nothing but disappointed. First slab poured and then some more work happened and nothing for few months, was told supervisor left with no paperwork .new supervisor appointed work started again. Currently Oct 2018 end it's 8 months done and still not completed. Also my alfresco was not laid as part of the base and it's bec I signed contract in 2017 and policy changed in 2018 stupid thing but what can I say. Meter box electrical n gas meter installed in wrong place supervisor didn't pick this up. Showers installed incorrectly, took me 4 attempts to convince supervisor when I emailed them copy of their engineering drawings and pictures of what has been done in real don't match. I hope the damage done to front door window frame and garage door wall frame to house is fixed before hand over. Claimed 2 weeks delays for stotel cabinets and ordering new ones which does not makes sense ..the house is in its 9th month and still not finished. Don't trust their workmanship and 100% they don't inspect their own work.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Harry, We are very sorry to read this and we are disappointed that you feel we have let you down. Can you please private message us your job number? We would like the opportunity to investigat... read more »

1706MLA659

Today I was told that they will see why meter was installed in wrong place rather than saying we will install it in right place . You will now probably find a excuse to convince me that meter box i... read more »

Flexible and

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

For tender and colour appointments, the Consultants were helpful to make a better choice. They patiently answered all our questions and also made the necessary changes to the contract on time without missing any of them.

Very pleased with the service of Mary, Aditi & Susan.

Excited about the new home as the construction has commenced recently. Thank you JG King

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Kartik, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience so far. We wish you all the very best throughout th... read more »

Wendy - Geelong Office - Fabulous to Deal With

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Just wanted to recognise Wendy Thompson's efforts at your Geelong Office!
She has been a pleasure to deal with - taking on the roll of complain management, drafting, colours consultant, contract execution (just to name a few...). She works far above what the roll entails and follows up on everything, she deserves to be recognised for her tremendous efforts. Please pass on our appreciation and we hope she is just as appreciated by JG King - she is a gem and JG King are very lucky to have her :)

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Sam & Ash, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience so far. We wish you all the very best througho... read more »

Latrobe Valley

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Disappointing in almost every aspect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I'm willing to show some latitude, but it has to be said this has been a disappointing process in almost every respect. Regardless of what ultimately happens with my build, the communication here is so bad that I couldn't possibly recommend these guys to anyone else. For example, an email I sent outlining some of the concerns I had with their communication, to the very person that told me to contact them if issues arose, was simply brushed off onto someone else. It's high farce.

There's been missed appointments, ignored emails, nonsensical arguments and contradictory statements. Accepted points raised in inspection have not been addressed. The site manager doesn't seem to know what's going on, I get the impression they rarely check the site or work themselves. They claimed for the frame stage when it was only half standing. It is absolutely evident to me at this point that they simple don't care.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Amazing first home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

The builders were in regular contact and would reply to any messages promptly, they were also very friendly and helpful. The build was done well and any issues that did arise were fixed fairly promptly as the building supervisor made sure of it. Any of the issues they were able to fix without complaints and with ease. The final cost came in under the estimated cost.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Grace, Thank you for your wonderful review and congratulations on building your very first home! We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Supervisor and Regional Manager Falsely blame owner for their company’s poor work and pathetic lack

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Windows don’t open and shut properly
Paint work bad
Door frame and tread loose to front door and entry to garage
Tradies damaged front door step etc and used house toilet
Garage floor badly stained even after polishing
Gutter has come undone
Clothes line was not as per contract and replacement falls down
Plastering around fire place is poor
Doors in laundry aren’t flush so I have photos of a box of left over tiles used to push door in as a method to have them sit flush
Accused of having fence and extra paving done by supervisor to cover his backside with manager but he actually had his son who was their painter paint a wall - arranged via text messages
After contract was signed, at the colour and item selection stage it was the girls last day and it all got lost and then I discovered she had made costly mistakes such as bench tops were the wrong colour - I had to pay of course
The front door had a polished lock instead of brushed chrome - the supervisor tried to argue that I should accept it - 3 months to get new double doors and lock (as per contract)
Overflow from air con not over a drain and I had to make them fix it properly (wanted to run a white plastic pipe across my bricks- how cheap and tacky
Windows were sat in dirt and rain and not covered before installation so I emailed them and was accused of coming onto property but of course I didn’t and their workers confirmed my story
When laying timber flooring the saw for cutting was placed on laid flooring
My good front door was used as a tradies entrance and not protected
House left unlocked on numerous occasions even when electrical items had been installed- no big deal to supervisor
Paint on carpet
I believe JGKing make their own windows- not sure but when putting in plantation shutters after handover it was discovered that windows were not straight which made the shutters difficult to install and look straight on the tops and bottoms- to overcome this problem in the bathroom I had to tint the window so it wasn’t so obvious
A complete lack of respect and when lodging a complaint they don’t phone you and expect you to deal with a manager who in front of a witness was aggressive and disrespectful
Promise to fix items before handover continue to be disputed

I built in Shepparton and so disappointed with service
People who built with Denis Family and Cavalier builders have had their maintenance done and all their lists completed plus their builder went around and added more to their list and customer service was great
dont build with JGKing as I feel that they get you to sign and it goes down hill from there
Their customer service and quality of build is very disappointing
I have plenty of photos pre and post handover

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

The Shepparton office tried to help you on several occasions to resolve issues and explained certain things to you such as what is classified as a defect and what standard and tolerances are. All c... read more »

They also promised to fix issues before handover which remain unfixed

The double door frame is loose, windows don’t open and close properly, door handles scratched before handover and fell off shortly after handover, oven door faulty, gutters have come apart, paint o... read more »

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Horrible after service ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I have a home settled in early August 2018, and yet the letterbox & clothlines are still not installed, the issues have been sitting there for nearly 2 months now!
My agent has been contacting their site manager and maintenance team via emails, phone calls and texts, they kept saying they will get them completed asap but for some reason they don't even give a reply now!
I would not recommend this builder at all! Please everyone think before you go ahead with them.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Please review your process and procedure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Hi there,

Look at the the quality of frame work: the frame is over hang the base more than half the size!

Frame Payment was made in April 2018.
Frame defects surveyor report was issued in May 2018.
Not provided any reason at all.
Defects work was not initiated until now September 2018.
Site maintenance breach ticket issued in May 2018. Not paid.
The steel frame left under rain and UV radiation for 5 months. Left rusting, deteriorating and degenerating for 5 months.

Clearly, JG King Homes is not qualify for Frame payment.

Should feel shame to have this payment in pocket and refuse to pay ongoing damages! Refuse to rectify work in prompt manner!

Clearly, JG King Homes is not qualify for Frame payment. You should pay interest at 15% for all this 5 months.

You should review your processes and procedures. Avoid paying your contractors without proper physical check(using photos and electronic devices, and remote sight pictures).

You get paid to do your job. Your customer work hard to get this money to pay you.

If you get paid, you should do your job. It should not be my job to check on you.

I hope can hear your prompt response.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

We had a wonderful experience, we couldn't have asked for more.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

We built our home with JG King in Bendigo. They have been amazing. Our build proceeded without a hitch from the moment we looked at the first display home to the moment we walked into our new house for the first time. The contractual process was easy and explained to us every step of the way. We were very impressed with the standard options for the colour selection, the range was quite impressive. We did not need to spend money on upgrades, everything included was of great quality. Once the build started, our site supervisor, [name removed], came to say gday. From that moment, [name removed] had everything running like clock work. There were very few days when there was no one on site. [name removed]'s scheduling ability is second to none. We were very impressed with the quality of the trades he selected. There were a few small things that were left off the contract and not installed in the house, but once [name removed] was made aware of them, the respective trades had rectified the situation within days.
We have been living in the house now for a few months and we have loved every minute. We are due for our three month inspection in a few weeks but have precious little on the list to be fixed.
I would definitely build with them again and again.
I am certain that JG King Bendigo value the site supervisor, [name removed], for the wonderful employee he is. If he were my employee, i would be increasing his wage by whatever amount necessary to ensure he stayed with the company. Well done [name removed] and JG King.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Hayley, Thank you so much for your review, we are glad you are delighted you are happy with the quality of your new home and the service we provided you. We wish you all the best with your love... read more »

Broadford

• 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Third home we have built worst company we have ever dealt with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

We paid our deposit signed the contract for the 3rd time on 7 Nov 2016. We had council approval and the land was cut and level. We questioned that 282 days was extremely long period of time for a four bedroom single level home. The salesman said it wouldn't take that long. After 642 days we had to give JG King 14 day termination notice. From the 282 day we asked them repeatedly in writing if they were going to pay the liquidated damages of $250 per week as per the contract they never confirmed this in writing and we have written evidence that they had no intention of paying it. The quality of what they completed was so bad that they refused to put the photo of our home on their web page. We ask for a copy of the 50 year warranty and after 3 months received a link to the steel frame website. They request all complains in writing but rarely acknowledge the email even when requested. We received phone calls very rarely and normally only if we had called them. We were never give a completion date or an excuse why it was taking so long. The site supervisor, site manager or area manager never apologised.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

How come there is no response from JG King. No apology, no excuses and professional ethics. This builder is the worst don’t build anything with them. If you have built with them join me in having t... read more »

JG King Homes Official

As you know, we have reached out to you on a number of occasions to attempt to address your concerns. Your last response earlier this month to one such approach was a without prejudice demand for a... read more »

I was hoping for a honest professional response but l didn’t get one. Firstly l note that you offer no apology or reason for the delay or the condition of the house. What false statement have l mad... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

Once 50% Contract Paid They Don’t care about you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I am building in post code 3030. My construction has been significantly delayed. Some defects in building surveyor’s report needed to be rectified which has not been addressed.

I believe JG King do not want to pay the cost to rectify work. That’s why the job left unattended for 4 months. The frame was under rain and UV radiation for four months.

The frame was completed middle April 2018 and Progress Claim was paid, 50% of Contract. Up to now, end of August 2018, the work did not progress. There are risks of frame rusty and deterioration, but JG King kept quite and no solution was provided.

Obliviously, They retained our payments invested and making gains elsewhere. They earn interests on the amount paid and don’t care if you pay your mortgage. They don’t care about your foundation and frame.

They don’t want to pay for defect job, it is cost to them, JG King. The customer is unfortunately left with strains on financials, mental stress, and relationship breakdowns.

The 1st supervisor left the job in May 2018. The new supervisor has been good but must be hard to pick up someone’ s leftover.

Please come to Product Review and Consumer Affair Victoria, to share this painful experience from JG King Homes. Please don’t sign contract with JG King homes. Please don’t be fooled by King Size. When you come to tender signing, they will ripe you off.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rebecca, We are sorry that your job has taken longer to complete than anticipated, there are always challenges when a new Supervisor takes over, and they are working to rectify all issues (not ... read more »

- My mum had a fall, fractured her knee after realising we have to pay ongoing mortgage and rent due to JG King Homes delay. X-ray and medical report submitted. Do you have any comments? - There i... read more »

Now a day Tradie takes photos to Submit job, but you don’t know if they true or not...

1 of 14 pages