From 14 December 2018 to 28 February 2019, JG King Homes is offering a $100 Coles e-voucher to customers encouraging either a positive or negative review based on their build experience. It is possible that some reviews were written by customers who received this reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers. For instructions, on how this incentive is claimed please click here.

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Never use this builder anymore!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

Our experience with the the builder is terrible from the day we sign the contract, then the never ending construction phase. We never get updates from site supervisor unless we call to ask, they change supervisor without informing us. They have changed 4 supervisors and the 5th one is still working in the project. The workmanship is poor, we paid to upgrade the bricks but our wall look so ugly, bricks are broken, mortar is imbalance. Heartbreaking when we look at the wall. Apart from that, they are not being professional, they promise to compensate to buy time, and in the end they simply don’t compensate as per what they promised. Reason was we sent a complaint email asking for the completion date. Don't we have rights to know? The building process is very
long, they have problems with trades but that's not our problems. They should deal with their trades, and don't let the customer suffer because of their problems. We used to feel excited
thinking of the new house but now we feel disappointed and sad. There were few
important dates that we wish to celebrate in the new house but it didn't happen. Our health has been affected too because of the stress that we have to deal with the builder, hypertension + high blood pressure!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi SN,
We are very sorry that the whole building process didn't go to plan which caused a lot of pain and suffering for you and your family. We will continue to work with you to resolve these issues.
JG King Homes

Hi JG King Homes, We are actually sick of hearing the word "SORRY" from your end. We seriously think that you do not value your customer, you do not respect your customer! There is no need to keep ... read more »

Echuca

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Final handover

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

Hi there, i got my final handover on my new house build by jgking last Oct 26,18 until now they didnt finish the shower screens just they keep promising to do the job but no one coming, rang them so many times said to me call me back... Pls help very frustrating new house no proper shower screen???? Not anymore with jgking!!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Craigieburn

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Worst Experience/Wasting my Time /Money for Custom Dream Home

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

1 out of 5 rating, reviewed on December 12, 2018. We were promised by the JGKING Homes at our Contract Sales that we would be in by Xmas in 2018 after had been negotiate our Custom Dream Home building process dated back in 12/9/2017.

It is now DECEMBER and we have been told we won't be in until late March 2019. If only, I had ascertained & read about the reviews on the JG King page prior before contract signed. We would not have selected to build our Custom Dream Home with JGKING Home.

I don’t mine paying in higher figures for a 9 bedroom dwelling house without realizing going to have problems with our builders. You trusted that you would able to have hope, trusted and faith and believed the sales representative at JGKing Home at Craigieburn office displayed home. This adds up a surprise for us unexpected problems to be getting from, well established organizations builder.

As we got no experiences in the construction industry and you would hope the JGKing Homes would take care of you...misfortune our life’s got worst and not knowing now that our Dream Custom Home Can Be Accomplish?

We experience a very a poor and lacking of customer services/ communication breakdown with the JGKing Homes was our huge delay is purely due to mismanagement. We've had 4 site supervisors in 5 months.

Due to concerns to heavy rainfall in the past months, worried for the Steel Frame will rust in the rainfall & House foundation soaking in water/caused the slab foundation to be floating concerns due to storm drainage not been installed from the rain as the roof tiles had been completed..Unsatisfactory to resolved our matter, Disappointing as there seems to be lacks of communication and no ones seems to take full responsibilities

I have had really bad experience with Correspondence between company, supervisor and myself practically non existent.
The site manager doesn't seem to recognize what's going on, I only meet one time from the first signed contract and never meet my new site supervisor at all accept conversation done by phone calls. It is perfectly evident to me at this point that they simply don’t care.

The last supervisor left , the most experienced , the construction manager as never made contact to meet in person as to give myself any confidence, which is why I’ve had engaged an independent inspector , and this shows due to lack of competence, the construction manager is ignoring our responses and it’s now been 1 month

Communication has been poor from the second JGKING Homes took our deposit
Every individual at jgking has zero communication skills. There was a lot of waiting and a lot of frustration.
Between supervisors blaming the one prior to them taking over.

Let down to discover that JGKING Homes. A Huge Incompetent by the supervisor and construction manager promise to correspond to resolve ours independent assessment report. It’s been 1 month overdue for the JGKing Homes promised to correspond in written. Every you have doubt I did not trust that the tasks had been done properly and I have engaged independent assessment report. Still waiting on written correspond assessment report.

Having the conversation about what treatment and care loved ones want during a serious illness or at the close of their lives can be difficult and emotional for any families. Our Hopes and Faith to have built our Custom Dream Home in Time for our daughter with JGKing Home has been the reality of worrisome and incompetence.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Sam,
We are very sorry that we couldn't achieve this build timeframe. We will now ensure that regular site meetings and weekly updates are provided to you before handover.

Morwell

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Do not build with the gippsland office

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Delay, delay, delay Supervisor wouldn't answer his pound for 3 weeks. Then i triumphed to talk to the area manager and his response to my list of complaints and thus is a direct quote sometimes in life things happens. I moved into the house in April i still have issues but have just given up trying to get them fixed with this company. If i can give anyone some advice do not under any circumstances build with jgking. And to add to it the house 2 doors up from me built with them to and had the same problems and are still having problems with their house to. Learn from our mistakes and build with anyone but jg king.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Worst customer service ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

We have choose jg king to build our 1st home. To start they were good but as soon the contract done. 3 month gone no slab yet on place. Nothing got done. no updates from building supervisor. Called their head office few time they told me everytime your job is on site. Job been on site from last 3 months. After reading reviews seems like we have made the mistake building with jg king.
Job supervisor never cared to call give us updates i have to call him every month. Now the completion date is well over 2 month no sign to hand over. The worst this job supervisor told me to give notice to my rentals. Now i am stuck no home from next month as rental refuse to extend the lease. But he doesn’t seems to care.
We had the worst experience with jg king. Will never recond to any of friends or friends.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Lovepreet,
We are very sorry that couldn't deliver within the contractual period. We will ensure that your home will be built to standards and handed over in the new year.

wodonga region

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

pathetic simply horrid worst experiance of my life

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Jg king review
had to travel 8 hours return trip to remove a simple tree they promised they would remove before frame went up , I had to do it , sign of things to come
staff chopped up timber that I had just purchased for fencing they used it for form work for concrete,
received signed final invoice paid in good faith told the house needed a clean. Neighbours informed me the house lay idle for months no one really was around , well date arranged no one here , forced entry with locksmith . I had enough ,sleeping in cars bouncing from motel to motel .for months
house far from finished unflushed human feaces in blocked toilets , paintwork like a child had painted it . scratched mirror /wardrobe /badly stained grout in shower, broken light fittings glass on floor , garage door not working water leaking badly in kitchen , laundry water leaking also, heating cooling not working , spray painted over the front outer window frame to hide some damage there , and lets not forget the great outdoor water taps when turned on shakes the house down , exhaust fan bathroom screaming its head off , and 2 doors painted all over the seals painted shut wrong colored spouting and facias / and a fuse box wrong color they just shlacked paint over, hot water worked when it felt like it , toilets keep blocking, still to this day, and a back door step made of sand , 2 doors would not close , bathroom door wont lock , I could go on all day
overall workmanship PATHETIC , they obviously did not have a spirit level or a square looks like homer simpson built this place , water was flooding up against slab front of house ,and lets not forget one of the rooms you cant sleep in with the heater on , something lose in the ceiling flapping away , hot water service valve failed , $$$
concrete form work around the house is really horrendous looks horrible . looks like child did it
now the serious stuff , the cracks that appear door frames skirting boards , plaster . is awful and they wont fix it , looks horrid ,cracks in the window frames , door frames , some you you could stick are car key inn , that big ,the concrete in the garage is horrible cracking told it dried out to quick or too much water in the slurry , looks horrid ,never refunded for been months overdue . wont fix , cracks , poor workmanship , I have been trying to get paint plasterwork repaired over a year , (nothing)
there own manager admitted the workmanship fixout was bad , but they wont fix it , reported to consumer affairs etc etc , off to vcat I presume
another great story of a tin frame home of jg king

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

We have acknowledged your concerns and have had Senior Management contact you to arrange access to fully investigate. However, we were not granted access. We would like to resolve these issues with... read more »

what i am dealing with is summed up in a nutshell in your comment , you want me to start pasting / copying emails

not granted access ? he rang said he was coming tuesday next week , did he change his mind after the review went live ? . you were never denied access , can you prove that , ? i can prove ever... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Do not waste your time and money.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

We started in NOVEMBER 2017. We were told to expect to be finished late October. It is now DECEMBER and we have been told we won't be in until late JANUARY 2019. 14 months to build a single story 28 square home. We've had no outstanding issues, we didnt hit rock or have a difficult block, no rain delays, no stolen or vandalized property...our huge delay is purely due to mismanagement. We've had 4 site supervisors in 5 months. Every individual at jgking has zero communication skills. I rang every second day for 7 weeks to enquire as to why our house had not progressed and not a single call was returned. When I finally spoke to [name removed] (vic manager) he was rude and dismissive. Sure, jgking are now paying us as they have hit the date for delays but this is done at handover, so I'm currently paying 2 mortgages. Our almost fully completed home will now sit unoccupied and exposed to theft and vandalism until late Jan because they don't have time to do "QA checks." I will tell everyone I can not to build with this company.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Veronica, We understand your frustration of not being in before Christmas to celebrate the occasion in your new home with friends and family. We apologise for this inconvenience. We take our Qu... read more »

This would be an acceptable response if we were due to move in just before Christmas. If the proposed late Jan move in date actually goes ahead we will be 3 months overdue! 3 months of 2 full mortg... read more »

If you're going to suggest that my point of contact is my site supervisor, please provide one that answers his phone and/or returns my calls. Please contact me with an alternative contact person to... read more »

Tarneit

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Soooooo Disappointed - If only i read other reviews :(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

If only, Soooo disappointed, If only, My build started July 2017 yep 2017, I was very excited when I signed up with JG King, but if only, since the actual commencement of build it has been down hill. I have had 5 Supervisors of which most of them i did not even know were not working my job for a least 1 months after they had gone. This is only because I tried to make contact. If only, I had read the reviews on the JG King page, I only knew of one person that had built with them and they had no issues at all and the build was completed before actual date. If only. It took nearly 2 months to just lay my bricks, should have been a warning sign, their response to this was but he does a good job. I was also invoiced for the fix and fit out when nothing was done and it came back to me that is at the discretion of supervisor if they think it better to do paint or do other job before fit out that is what will happen, that was the January so I paid they then had the majority of my payments, guess what the paint job wasn't done till the Jul 2018. So slow and so many excuses and stories and blame game as to why things were not done. Between supervisors blaming the one prior to them taking over, to we can not get a tradesman or not turning up. Everything done in drips and drabs. Works did not flow easily. Correspondence between company, supervisor and myself practically non existent. Work sloppy, (plaster and paint on carpet - why the carpet and flooring and drapes put in before painted I have no idea.) Also floor boards put in and dirt and mud walked through, boards had a puddle at one stage i still have not seen them clean to see if unaffected by the water, so many things not finished properly sloppy work and or at all, I am now 230 days over my completion date with no set date as yet, I have found them to be indifferent about any query and or challenge to the works being done. I employed an independent inspection as I was having my "formal inspection" this was a month ago and implied i would have hand over within the 2-3 weeks, as I did not trust that the jobs had been done properly and I have been justified as so many things not completed properly. If only I had read more reviews, there is about 10 on this page that if you did not know any different you would have thought the same person wrote them. The problems, I keep getting told that I am not the only one, by my supervisor that there are 12 others in you position, that is well and good but does not help me in the slightest. I feel their frustration of monetary and mental stress that building with JG King has bought on due to exceeding the time frames of build along with the excuses. Very disappointed.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Tess, We are very disappointed to hear that we have let you down. We understand that you have been in communication with our Construction Team to resolve all outstanding issues and we ask that ... read more »

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Downwards since construction started

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Since construction started nothing but disappointed. First slab poured and then some more work happened and nothing for few months, was told supervisor left with no paperwork .new supervisor appointed work started again. Currently Oct 2018 end it's 8 months done and still not completed. Also my alfresco was not laid as part of the base and it's bec I signed contract in 2017 and policy changed in 2018 stupid thing but what can I say. Meter box electrical n gas meter installed in wrong place supervisor didn't pick this up. Showers installed incorrectly, took me 4 attempts to convince supervisor when I emailed them copy of their engineering drawings and pictures of what has been done in real don't match. I hope the damage done to front door window frame and garage door wall frame to house is fixed before hand over. Claimed 2 weeks delays for stotel cabinets and ordering new ones which does not makes sense ..the house is in its 9th month and still not finished. Don't trust their workmanship and 100% they don't inspect their own work.

January 6th 2019 Update: 10 months under construction

Continue from where I left last time. House is almost ready. Builder made some drafting errors with meter box. After 10 months into construction received final invoice with no rent deduction as they are supposed to pay me rent for delay in handover. Hoping they settle house this month. Honestly the past 9 months have been horrible don't go with these guys.. They offer nothing in sales office offers, only thing they keep saying is steel frame. My mistake I went with them should have given smaller builders a chance as they are in market to grow and will do better job. House coordinator in head office as usual sent incorrect final invoice.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Harry, We are very sorry to read this and we are disappointed that you feel we have let you down. Can you please private message us your job number? We would like the opportunity to investigat... read more »

1706MLA659

Today I was told that they will see why meter was installed in wrong place rather than saying we will install it in right place . You will now probably find a excuse to convince me that meter box i... read more »

Latrobe Valley

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Disappointing in almost every aspect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I'm willing to show some latitude, but it has to be said this has been a disappointing process in almost every respect. Regardless of what ultimately happens with my build, the communication here is so bad that I couldn't possibly recommend these guys to anyone else. For example, an email I sent outlining some of the concerns I had with their communication, to the very person that told me to contact them if issues arose, was simply brushed off onto someone else. It's high farce.

There's been missed appointments, ignored emails, nonsensical arguments and contradictory statements. Accepted points raised in inspection have not been addressed. The site manager doesn't seem to know what's going on, I get the impression they rarely check the site or work themselves. They claimed for the frame stage when it was only half standing. It is absolutely evident to me at this point that they simple don't care.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Supervisor and Regional Manager Falsely blame owner for their company’s poor work and pathetic lack

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Windows don’t open and shut properly
Paint work bad
Door frame and tread loose to front door and entry to garage
Tradies damaged front door step etc and used house toilet
Garage floor badly stained even after polishing
Gutter has come undone
Clothes line was not as per contract and replacement falls down
Plastering around fire place is poor
Doors in laundry aren’t flush so I have photos of a box of left over tiles used to push door in as a method to have them sit flush
Accused of having fence and extra paving done by supervisor to cover his backside with manager but he actually had his son who was their painter paint a wall - arranged via text messages
After contract was signed, at the colour and item selection stage it was the girls last day and it all got lost and then I discovered she had made costly mistakes such as bench tops were the wrong colour - I had to pay of course
The front door had a polished lock instead of brushed chrome - the supervisor tried to argue that I should accept it - 3 months to get new double doors and lock (as per contract)
Overflow from air con not over a drain and I had to make them fix it properly (wanted to run a white plastic pipe across my bricks- how cheap and tacky
Windows were sat in dirt and rain and not covered before installation so I emailed them and was accused of coming onto property but of course I didn’t and their workers confirmed my story
When laying timber flooring the saw for cutting was placed on laid flooring
My good front door was used as a tradies entrance and not protected
House left unlocked on numerous occasions even when electrical items had been installed- no big deal to supervisor
Paint on carpet
I believe JGKing make their own windows- not sure but when putting in plantation shutters after handover it was discovered that windows were not straight which made the shutters difficult to install and look straight on the tops and bottoms- to overcome this problem in the bathroom I had to tint the window so it wasn’t so obvious
A complete lack of respect and when lodging a complaint they don’t phone you and expect you to deal with a manager who in front of a witness was aggressive and disrespectful
Promise to fix items before handover continue to be disputed

I built in Shepparton and so disappointed with service
People who built with Denis Family and Cavalier builders have had their maintenance done and all their lists completed plus their builder went around and added more to their list and customer service was great
dont build with JGKing as I feel that they get you to sign and it goes down hill from there
Their customer service and quality of build is very disappointing
I have plenty of photos pre and post handover

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

The Shepparton office tried to help you on several occasions to resolve issues and explained certain things to you such as what is classified as a defect and what standard and tolerances are. All c... read more »

They also promised to fix issues before handover which remain unfixed

The double door frame is loose, windows don’t open and close properly, door handles scratched before handover and fell off shortly after handover, oven door faulty, gutters have come apart, paint o... read more »

• 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Horrible after service ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I have a home settled in early August 2018, and yet the letterbox & clothlines are still not installed, the issues have been sitting there for nearly 2 months now!
My agent has been contacting their site manager and maintenance team via emails, phone calls and texts, they kept saying they will get them completed asap but for some reason they don't even give a reply now!
I would not recommend this builder at all! Please everyone think before you go ahead with them.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Please review your process and procedure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Hi there,

Look at the the quality of frame work: the frame is over hang the base more than half the size!

Frame Payment was made in April 2018.
Frame defects surveyor report was issued in May 2018.
Not provided any reason at all.
Defects work was not initiated until now September 2018.
Site maintenance breach ticket issued in May 2018. Not paid.
The steel frame left under rain and UV radiation for 5 months. Left rusting, deteriorating and degenerating for 5 months.

Clearly, JG King Homes is not qualify for Frame payment.

Should feel shame to have this payment in pocket and refuse to pay ongoing damages! Refuse to rectify work in prompt manner!

Clearly, JG King Homes is not qualify for Frame payment. You should pay interest at 15% for all this 5 months.

You should review your processes and procedures. Avoid paying your contractors without proper physical check(using photos and electronic devices, and remote sight pictures).

You get paid to do your job. Your customer work hard to get this money to pay you.

If you get paid, you should do your job. It should not be my job to check on you.

I hope can hear your prompt response.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Broadford

• 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Third home we have built worst company we have ever dealt with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

We paid our deposit signed the contract for the 3rd time on 7 Nov 2016. We had council approval and the land was cut and level. We questioned that 282 days was extremely long period of time for a four bedroom single level home. The salesman said it wouldn't take that long. After 642 days we had to give JG King 14 day termination notice. From the 282 day we asked them repeatedly in writing if they were going to pay the liquidated damages of $250 per week as per the contract they never confirmed this in writing and we have written evidence that they had no intention of paying it. The quality of what they completed was so bad that they refused to put the photo of our home on their web page. We ask for a copy of the 50 year warranty and after 3 months received a link to the steel frame website. They request all complains in writing but rarely acknowledge the email even when requested. We received phone calls very rarely and normally only if we had called them. We were never give a completion date or an excuse why it was taking so long. The site supervisor, site manager or area manager never apologised.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

How come there is no response from JG King. No apology, no excuses and professional ethics. This builder is the worst don’t build anything with them. If you have built with them join me in having t... read more »

JG King Homes Official

As you know, we have reached out to you on a number of occasions to attempt to address your concerns. Your last response earlier this month to one such approach was a without prejudice demand for a... read more »

I was hoping for a honest professional response but l didn’t get one. Firstly l note that you offer no apology or reason for the delay or the condition of the house. What false statement have l mad... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Once 50% Contract Paid They Don’t care about you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I am building in post code 3030. My construction has been significantly delayed. Some defects in building surveyor’s report needed to be rectified which has not been addressed.

I believe JG King do not want to pay the cost to rectify work. That’s why the job left unattended for 4 months. The frame was under rain and UV radiation for four months.

The frame was completed middle April 2018 and Progress Claim was paid, 50% of Contract. Up to now, end of August 2018, the work did not progress. There are risks of frame rusty and deterioration, but JG King kept quite and no solution was provided.

Obliviously, They retained our payments invested and making gains elsewhere. They earn interests on the amount paid and don’t care if you pay your mortgage. They don’t care about your foundation and frame.

They don’t want to pay for defect job, it is cost to them, JG King. The customer is unfortunately left with strains on financials, mental stress, and relationship breakdowns.

The 1st supervisor left the job in May 2018. The new supervisor has been good but must be hard to pick up someone’ s leftover.

Please come to Product Review and Consumer Affair Victoria, to share this painful experience from JG King Homes. Please don’t sign contract with JG King homes. Please don’t be fooled by King Size. When you come to tender signing, they will ripe you off.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rebecca, We are sorry that your job has taken longer to complete than anticipated, there are always challenges when a new Supervisor takes over, and they are working to rectify all issues (not ... read more »

- My mum had a fall, fractured her knee after realising we have to pay ongoing mortgage and rent due to JG King Homes delay. X-ray and medical report submitted. Do you have any comments? - There i... read more »

Now a day Tradie takes photos to Submit job, but you don’t know if they true or not...

• 1 comment
  • 13 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Worst Customer Experience ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I'm pretty easy going and have been very patient with JG King's builder. The house is a basic design with no extras and to date we are 4 months overdue and I have little confidence that there will be a satisfactory handover within the next 3 months! .. I would rate their quality as low to very low - I had an independent inspection done that included 20+ significant issues - you would think with all the extra time that they have had they would have been able to deliver a better final product.The most frustrating thing is that there is no one to escalate your issues/concerns to - the builder is your only point of contact and no one is there to manage your end to end experience or to take control when the builder has more important things to do than finish your building.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Ian, Thank you for your review. This is very disappointing to read and we are very sorry that the level of customer service delivered was not to standard. It is from our understanding that you... read more »

Thanks for the reply - I think that your reply is exactly the level of Customer Service others can expect from JG King. You or your colleagues have not thought about PM'ing me or calling me to see ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2019

The worse experience of our life and a complete waste of five whole months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

Our 864sqm block of land has an encroachment from a neighbouring property of 90sqm. We made this clear to JG king when we paid our $2000 deposit in March and had our block surveyed and provided them with accurate information on the area to build within. We selected a house and awaited our 8 week contract signing appointment. After hearing nothing for 8 weeks the afternoon of day before our appointment they call and tell us there are problems with our soil test and they found ‘debris’ under the ground that depending who we asked was rock or rubbish when the photo showed nothing more than a rag. and we would have to wait until further notice. We had to keep contacting them constantly to find out any more info they never called us. After clearing up that issue it is decided to proceed with the build but we needed report and consents from our council, we rushed to get this done asap, got it approved and sent back. We then finally got a new contract signing date, 19th July. We signed all our contracts and within a couple days received all our drawings, approvals and permits stamped and ready to go.

The receptionist called us to congratulated us on the build now going to site and said our site supervisor would be in touch any day. We received an invoice for our first progress claim of $11032 which we paid promptly. Two weeks pass and nothing. My husband decides to give them a call excited to find out when it was all going to start and we are told sorry your house doesnt fit after all. Not unless your neighbors agree to take down your boundary fence and let us dig up their side of the fence as well to put in a retaining wall at a furher cost to you of $4500 (site costs are already $29000 on a slightly dulating block) because it could undermine their shed. Of course our neighbors will not nor should they allow this. So says JG King sorry we cant build that house for you anymore. We are then offered a smaller house design we agree and go to sign new contracts only to be told we are back to square one and have to wait at least five weeks before we even get anywhere near building again. The manager stood in the room waving his hands in the air saying what do you want me to do about it while I was fighting back tears.

They are supposed to be the builder but they just keep blaming us. They can obviously only build a home on a completely square dead flat block and because our house is out if town and out of sight it is of no priority to them. The manager also told us he uses contractors that sponsor his sons motorbike racing career. We want our money back for the invoice we paid for $11032 for the first contract that is no longer going ahead but they are ignoring us. We have now lodged a dispute with the DBDDRV. This is five months of an ongoing saga and we have made a huge mistake with this builder who keep telling us they go above and beyond for people. Do not even bother with them.

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Julieanne, We understand your frustration in not being able to build your dream home. The encroachment on the neighbouring block was a lot more complex than we anticipated. The Area Manager did ... read more »

• 16 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Worst and Pathetic builder

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

I am building with JG Kings in Tarneit and i have signed my building contract last year in May 2017 and i am still waiting for my handover. Everytime i call my building supervisor or any other person in a office, no one knows what is going on. They have only one answer that they are working on it. I am the one who is suffering for this delay which is causing a real stress on my finances by paying interest charges. Moreover the damages that they have promised to pay is not enough to cover my payments. This causes a lot of stress. I just want to let people know who wants to build their dream home not to go with this worst and unprofessional builder. They have pathetic customer service and very terrible in communication.

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Thank you for your review. This is very disappointing to read and we are very sorry that the level of customer service delivered was not to standard. We will bring this to the attention to the Co... read more »

Unfortunately your sorry wont do anything. I am the one who is still chasing what is going on with no response so far.My financial situation is getting worse after signing up with you for my dream ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

I previously submitted my story about the issues I had building ! Now I am trying to get things fixe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Painful. Mistakes that caused delays . Supervisors lie and talk badly about customers to tradesmen. Hard to contact! Excuse after excuse. It seems that you have to wait months for tradies to return to Torquay for them to come and repair stuff. My previous entries are under MIZZZ. I have spoken with other people who have built houses and none had these extreme issues as I have! The supervisor even called me once to abuse me for complaining!

October 16th 2018 Update: Unbelievable how these people treat you with contempt ! 12 months later still trying to sort out. It’s disappointing to be left in a bad emotional state but their turnover of staff who don’t care for customers is appalling ! Their Grovedale office know who I am and only need to see my email address. I have been dealing with different supervisors different managers and have come to an end! I will possibly have to write to the MBAV to get things sorted ! I could also ask for scratches windows and mirrors to be replaced but didn’t as I wanted to stop dealing with them!

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been so positive. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly take this on board. Plea... read more »

• 1 review
  • 10 helpful votes

32 weeks and still counting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

When we signed we were told it was an average 16 week build on this house...its now about 32 weeks and still not complete.

We have had 2 supervisors now ( fist one was incompetent, arrogant, cocky and wouldn't listen to concerns raised that ended up having to be rectified by our 2nd supervisor, he gave ridiculous answers to concerns raised...that's when he'd actually answer his phone or return a call which I think happened a maximum 2 times, in early April I was told by my 1st supervisor by the end of may we would be in ....and we're still waiting and it's the end of July.

Our second supervisor has been great to deal with and doesn't give me crap excuses or lie to me, the poor bloke has taken over a sinking ship basically), he's knowledgable and his people/communication skills have been the best part of this build. He's always available to phone calls and returns calls asap.

Quality of work has not been the same quality as the display home we looked at ( identical house) and communication is shocking. We had an extension put on our build time due to theft...which was actually incorrect tiling of bath hob.

JG king was eager to make contact to receive payment, but can't seem to reply to emails. We paid our lock up and fix out invoices as we were being hounded for them, so we paid and upon going to our site found our front door had never been hung, and tiling hadn't even been started. (This was on 1st supervisors stint) The house sat like this for about a month, no works happened and I received a call from my new supervisor after we emailed asking what was happening to our house.

Having worked in construction of new houses i understand the building process so when I'd have a concern I didn't want to nag, and I shouldn't have to, but it would be a genuine concern that would save problems, money and time for this company further down the track.

Most admin and sales staff I've had to deal with need re-training on house sales inclusions and people skills, and need to remember where they work...it's a worry when they're greeting you with a rival building company...henley.
Giving this company 1 star is one too many.

Building works commenced 8 weeks after we signed our building contract and since then we've fallen pregnant, had a baby (that's now 5 weeks old), that gives you an idea of how long this simple entry level house has taken to build. Simply a joke

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

We are very sorry to read this and we are disappointed that you feel we have let you down. Can you please private message us your job number? We would like the opportunity to investigate this matt... read more »

1 of 6 pages