Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Disappointing in almost every aspect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I'm willing to show some latitude, but it has to be said this has been a disappointing process in almost every respect. Regardless of what ultimately happens with my build, the communication here is so bad that I couldn't possibly recommend these guys to anyone else. For example, an email I sent outlining some of the concerns I had with their communication, to the very person that told me to contact them if issues arose, was simply brushed off onto someone else. It's high farce.

There's been missed appointments, ignored emails, nonsensical arguments and contradictory statements. Accepted points raised in inspection have not been addressed. The site manager doesn't seem to know what's going on, I get the impression they rarely check the site or work themselves. They claimed for the frame stage when it was only half standing. It is absolutely evident to me at this point that they simple don't care.

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Supervisor and Regional Manager Falsely blame owner for their company’s poor work and pathetic lack

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Windows don’t open and shut properly
Paint work bad
Door frame and tread loose to front door and entry to garage
Tradies damaged front door step etc and used house toilet
Garage floor badly stained even after polishing
Gutter has come undone
Clothes line was not as per contract and replacement falls down
Plastering around fire place is poor
Doors in laundry aren’t flush so I have photos of a box of left over tiles used to push door in as a method to have them sit flush
Accused of having fence and extra paving done by supervisor to cover his backside with manager but he actually had his son who was their painter paint a wall - arranged via text messages
After contract was signed, at the colour and item selection stage it was the girls last day and it all got lost and then I discovered she had made costly mistakes such as bench tops were the wrong colour - I had to pay of course
The front door had a polished lock instead of brushed chrome - the supervisor tried to argue that I should accept it - 3 months to get new double doors and lock (as per contract)
Overflow from air con not over a drain and I had to make them fix it properly (wanted to run a white plastic pipe across my bricks- how cheap and tacky
Windows were sat in dirt and rain and not covered before installation so I emailed them and was accused of coming onto property but of course I didn’t and their workers confirmed my story
When laying timber flooring the saw for cutting was placed on laid flooring
My good front door was used as a tradies entrance and not protected
House left unlocked on numerous occasions even when electrical items had been installed- no big deal to supervisor
Paint on carpet
I believe JGKing make their own windows- not sure but when putting in plantation shutters after handover it was discovered that windows were not straight which made the shutters difficult to install and look straight on the tops and bottoms- to overcome this problem in the bathroom I had to tint the window so it wasn’t so obvious
A complete lack of respect and when lodging a complaint they don’t phone you and expect you to deal with a manager who in front of a witness was aggressive and disrespectful
Promise to fix items before handover continue to be disputed

I built in Shepparton and so disappointed with service
People who built with Denis Family and Cavalier builders have had their maintenance done and all their lists completed plus their builder went around and added more to their list and customer service was great
dont build with JGKing as I feel that they get you to sign and it goes down hill from there
Their customer service and quality of build is very disappointing
I have plenty of photos pre and post handover

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

The Shepparton office tried to help you on several occasions to resolve issues and explained certain things to you such as what is classified as a defect and what standard and tolerances are. All c... read more »

They also promised to fix issues before handover which remain unfixed

The double door frame is loose, windows don’t open and close properly, door handles scratched before handover and fell off shortly after handover, oven door faulty, gutters have come apart, paint o... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Horrible after service ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I have a home settled in early August 2018, and yet the letterbox & clothlines are still not installed, the issues have been sitting there for nearly 2 months now!
My agent has been contacting their site manager and maintenance team via emails, phone calls and texts, they kept saying they will get them completed asap but for some reason they don't even give a reply now!
I would not recommend this builder at all! Please everyone think before you go ahead with them.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Please review your process and procedure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Hi there,

Look at the the quality of frame work: the frame is over hang the base more than half the size!

Frame Payment was made in April 2018.
Frame defects surveyor report was issued in May 2018.
Not provided any reason at all.
Defects work was not initiated until now September 2018.
Site maintenance breach ticket issued in May 2018. Not paid.
The steel frame left under rain and UV radiation for 5 months. Left rusting, deteriorating and degenerating for 5 months.

Clearly, JG King Homes is not qualify for Frame payment.

Should feel shame to have this payment in pocket and refuse to pay ongoing damages! Refuse to rectify work in prompt manner!

Clearly, JG King Homes is not qualify for Frame payment. You should pay interest at 15% for all this 5 months.

You should review your processes and procedures. Avoid paying your contractors without proper physical check(using photos and electronic devices, and remote sight pictures).

You get paid to do your job. Your customer work hard to get this money to pay you.

If you get paid, you should do your job. It should not be my job to check on you.

I hope can hear your prompt response.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Broadford

• 6 answers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Third home we have built worst company we have ever dealt with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

We paid our deposit signed the contract for the 3rd time on 7 Nov 2016. We had council approval and the land was cut and level. We questioned that 282 days was extremely long period of time for a four bedroom single level home. The salesman said it wouldn't take that long. After 642 days we had to give JG King 14 day termination notice. From the 282 day we asked them repeatedly in writing if they were going to pay the liquidated damages of $250 per week as per the contract they never confirmed this in writing and we have written evidence that they had no intention of paying it. The quality of what they completed was so bad that they refused to put the photo of our home on their web page. We ask for a copy of the 50 year warranty and after 3 months received a link to the steel frame website. They request all complains in writing but rarely acknowledge the email even when requested. We received phone calls very rarely and normally only if we had called them. We were never give a completion date or an excuse why it was taking so long. The site supervisor, site manager or area manager never apologised.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

How come there is no response from JG King. No apology, no excuses and professional ethics. This builder is the worst don’t build anything with them. If you have built with them join me in having t... read more »

JG King Homes Official

As you know, we have reached out to you on a number of occasions to attempt to address your concerns. Your last response earlier this month to one such approach was a without prejudice demand for a... read more »

I was hoping for a honest professional response but l didn’t get one. Firstly l note that you offer no apology or reason for the delay or the condition of the house. What false statement have l mad... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 5 answers

Once 50% Contract Paid They Don’t care about you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I am building in post code 3030. My construction has been significantly delayed. Some defects in building surveyor’s report needed to be rectified which has not been addressed.

I believe JG King do not want to pay the cost to rectify work. That’s why the job left unattended for 4 months. The frame was under rain and UV radiation for four months.

The frame was completed middle April 2018 and Progress Claim was paid, 50% of Contract. Up to now, end of August 2018, the work did not progress. There are risks of frame rusty and deterioration, but JG King kept quite and no solution was provided.

Obliviously, They retained our payments invested and making gains elsewhere. They earn interests on the amount paid and don’t care if you pay your mortgage. They don’t care about your foundation and frame.

They don’t want to pay for defect job, it is cost to them, JG King. The customer is unfortunately left with strains on financials, mental stress, and relationship breakdowns.

The 1st supervisor left the job in May 2018. The new supervisor has been good but must be hard to pick up someone’ s leftover.

Please come to Product Review and Consumer Affair Victoria, to share this painful experience from JG King Homes. Please don’t sign contract with JG King homes. Please don’t be fooled by King Size. When you come to tender signing, they will ripe you off.

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rebecca, We are sorry that your job has taken longer to complete than anticipated, there are always challenges when a new Supervisor takes over, and they are working to rectify all issues (not ... read more »

- My mum had a fall, fractured her knee after realising we have to pay ongoing mortgage and rent due to JG King Homes delay. X-ray and medical report submitted. Do you have any comments? - There i... read more »

Now a day Tradie takes photos to Submit job, but you don’t know if they true or not...

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Worst Customer Experience ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I'm pretty easy going and have been very patient with JG King's builder. The house is a basic design with no extras and to date we are 4 months overdue and I have little confidence that there will be a satisfactory handover within the next 3 months! .. I would rate their quality as low to very low - I had an independent inspection done that included 20+ significant issues - you would think with all the extra time that they have had they would have been able to deliver a better final product.The most frustrating thing is that there is no one to escalate your issues/concerns to - the builder is your only point of contact and no one is there to manage your end to end experience or to take control when the builder has more important things to do than finish your building.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Ian, Thank you for your review. This is very disappointing to read and we are very sorry that the level of customer service delivered was not to standard. It is from our understanding that you... read more »

Thanks for the reply - I think that your reply is exactly the level of Customer Service others can expect from JG King. You or your colleagues have not thought about PM'ing me or calling me to see ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2019

The worse experience of our life and a complete waste of five whole months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

Our 864sqm block of land has an encroachment from a neighbouring property of 90sqm. We made this clear to JG king when we paid our $2000 deposit in March and had our block surveyed and provided them with accurate information on the area to build within. We selected a house and awaited our 8 week contract signing appointment. After hearing nothing for 8 weeks the afternoon of day before our appointment they call and tell us there are problems with our soil test and they found ‘debris’ under the ground that depending who we asked was rock or rubbish when the photo showed nothing more than a rag. and we would have to wait until further notice. We had to keep contacting them constantly to find out any more info they never called us. After clearing up that issue it is decided to proceed with the build but we needed report and consents from our council, we rushed to get this done asap, got it approved and sent back. We then finally got a new contract signing date, 19th July. We signed all our contracts and within a couple days received all our drawings, approvals and permits stamped and ready to go.

The receptionist called us to congratulated us on the build now going to site and said our site supervisor would be in touch any day. We received an invoice for our first progress claim of $11032 which we paid promptly. Two weeks pass and nothing. My husband decides to give them a call excited to find out when it was all going to start and we are told sorry your house doesnt fit after all. Not unless your neighbors agree to take down your boundary fence and let us dig up their side of the fence as well to put in a retaining wall at a furher cost to you of $4500 (site costs are already $29000 on a slightly dulating block) because it could undermine their shed. Of course our neighbors will not nor should they allow this. So says JG King sorry we cant build that house for you anymore. We are then offered a smaller house design we agree and go to sign new contracts only to be told we are back to square one and have to wait at least five weeks before we even get anywhere near building again. The manager stood in the room waving his hands in the air saying what do you want me to do about it while I was fighting back tears.

They are supposed to be the builder but they just keep blaming us. They can obviously only build a home on a completely square dead flat block and because our house is out if town and out of sight it is of no priority to them. The manager also told us he uses contractors that sponsor his sons motorbike racing career. We want our money back for the invoice we paid for $11032 for the first contract that is no longer going ahead but they are ignoring us. We have now lodged a dispute with the DBDDRV. This is five months of an ongoing saga and we have made a huge mistake with this builder who keep telling us they go above and beyond for people. Do not even bother with them.

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Julieanne, We understand your frustration in not being able to build your dream home. The encroachment on the neighbouring block was a lot more complex than we anticipated. The Area Manager did ... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 15 helpful votes

Worst and Pathetic builder

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

I am building with JG Kings in Tarneit and i have signed my building contract last year in May 2017 and i am still waiting for my handover. Everytime i call my building supervisor or any other person in a office, no one knows what is going on. They have only one answer that they are working on it. I am the one who is suffering for this delay which is causing a real stress on my finances by paying interest charges. Moreover the damages that they have promised to pay is not enough to cover my payments. This causes a lot of stress. I just want to let people know who wants to build their dream home not to go with this worst and unprofessional builder. They have pathetic customer service and very terrible in communication.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Thank you for your review. This is very disappointing to read and we are very sorry that the level of customer service delivered was not to standard. We will bring this to the attention to the Co... read more »

Unfortunately your sorry wont do anything. I am the one who is still chasing what is going on with no response so far.My financial situation is getting worse after signing up with you for my dream ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 9 helpful votes

32 weeks and still counting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

When we signed we were told it was an average 16 week build on this house...its now about 32 weeks and still not complete.

We have had 2 supervisors now ( fist one was incompetent, arrogant, cocky and wouldn't listen to concerns raised that ended up having to be rectified by our 2nd supervisor, he gave ridiculous answers to concerns raised...that's when he'd actually answer his phone or return a call which I think happened a maximum 2 times, in early April I was told by my 1st supervisor by the end of may we would be in ....and we're still waiting and it's the end of July.

Our second supervisor has been great to deal with and doesn't give me crap excuses or lie to me, the poor bloke has taken over a sinking ship basically), he's knowledgable and his people/communication skills have been the best part of this build. He's always available to phone calls and returns calls asap.

Quality of work has not been the same quality as the display home we looked at ( identical house) and communication is shocking. We had an extension put on our build time due to theft...which was actually incorrect tiling of bath hob.

JG king was eager to make contact to receive payment, but can't seem to reply to emails. We paid our lock up and fix out invoices as we were being hounded for them, so we paid and upon going to our site found our front door had never been hung, and tiling hadn't even been started. (This was on 1st supervisors stint) The house sat like this for about a month, no works happened and I received a call from my new supervisor after we emailed asking what was happening to our house.

Having worked in construction of new houses i understand the building process so when I'd have a concern I didn't want to nag, and I shouldn't have to, but it would be a genuine concern that would save problems, money and time for this company further down the track.

Most admin and sales staff I've had to deal with need re-training on house sales inclusions and people skills, and need to remember where they work...it's a worry when they're greeting you with a rival building company...henley.
Giving this company 1 star is one too many.

Building works commenced 8 weeks after we signed our building contract and since then we've fallen pregnant, had a baby (that's now 5 weeks old), that gives you an idea of how long this simple entry level house has taken to build. Simply a joke

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

We are very sorry to read this and we are disappointed that you feel we have let you down. Can you please private message us your job number? We would like the opportunity to investigate this matt... read more »

Wagga Wagga

• 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2014

Ongoing nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

We moved into our house built by JG King four years ago. Today, we are still trying to get a water leak in our main bathroom repaired which was identified at the time of the three month maintenance. They have replaced the vanity which was damaged as it was completely full of water behind the kickboard. They have resealed the shower several times. They have replaced the door frame, skirting boards in the hallway and spare room due to water damage. All of this is "patch up" work, without actually repairing the water leak itself. So now we have rotting door frame and skirting boards and I suspect water under the vanity again. There is a damp odour as you walk down the hallway. It is ugly and embarrassing having visitors seeing rotting boards in our new home. We have been in constant contact with JG King over the four years, endured several changes of area managers and had to start the process again with each manager. We have listened to so many empty promises of having the repairs done and it has taken a huge emotional toll on our family when we should be enjoying our home. I have emailed the complaints department and attached photos. Job no: 1211WOA217

I would not recommend JG King to anyone and regret recommending JG King to a couple of friends while we were still building as they have had issues as well.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Mel, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our complaints department has received your complaint and your regional office is aware of it. They will contact you directly to resolve all issues. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Werribee

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Quick to take your money, but slow in everything else!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Started August 2017 and after a 6 week delay from site cut to slab pour, with pathetic excuses as 'it's too windy to lay a slab' and after 2 site supervisor in 2 months, the third SS got the ball rolling in October 2017 with the slab, frame, bricks and lock up done... but then that ball quickly slowed down and almost started going backwards.
After being told we would be in by the end of January 2018, that then changed to early March 2018.. then 100% we will be in by Easter 2018.. you guessed it.. we weren't! Told end of April it'll be ready for handover. The week of May 1st 2018, after extending our rental also and them going over our 8 month contract completion date, enough was enough. Our house was literally sitting here and nothing being done. It needed small things, like getting a driveway took 6 weeks to complete. We demanded handover for 11th May, as we had to hand our rental back over on the 15th May.
We agreed on the last few items to be completed within 14 days after handover (it is all in writing), almost 6 weeks later, trying to get ANYTHING done, is like getting blood out of stone. Nothing has been completed, our site hasn't even been cleaned! Trying to get answers from the site supervisor, you get told they will call you tomorrow and never do. Try calling head office and they just ring the site supervisor and say he will call you.. but doesn't. It's pathetic.
We are missing door handles on doors, insulation in the roof hasn't been done correctly, gaps between plaster and brick not filled, gaps between tiles and wall not sealed. Gaps around windows not filled. Toilet doors won't close... the list continues.

Something that was meant to be an exciting time for first home builders/owners, it has been nothing but stress, stress and stress.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi A_P, we are very sorry that you had to experience this. We would like to help you rectify all outstanding items. Could you please email complaints@jgking.com.au with all the details. Thank you.
Kind regards,

• 10 helpful votes

Slowest build no answer & nothing moving on last 2 month

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

My home ongoing built by JG King and it was a great experience. This time, only one word to describe "disaster". Salesperson is great and ensuring that we have great experience even until after contract signing. But poor after sales person by the headoffice has been a nightmare
We signed the contract in early November 2017, and did our colour selection. There are a few hiccups during colour selection (with our selection not properly reflected, which we picked up the error before signing the paperwork). We understand there is always a human error.
Everything went well, when we anticipate our settlement to be. We drove past the house and saw that all is ready, however we were not told when is the walk through etc.
A delay was claimed by JG King as a result of this. Around early June, we would like to know what is the status. So we attempted to contact the head office as we could not get through to even on his mobile no
After that nothing happens, and we emailed four people including the site supervisor on the status. No one responded, the following days & one month from may to June nothing moved at side supervisor not answering the phone call last 1 month.
So we end up not handing over the property, which means another delay and no date in sight. This is ridiculous.
We paid so much money only to be left with feeling this way.
Others' experience may not be the same to ours.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Manish, we are very sorry that you hadn't received a proper response from our office. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further. Could you please email your contact details to co... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2011

Been living a nightmare for 5 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

(Please refer to my instagram for photos) Username: heart_broken_jgking_client

JG King

Despite me having made every effort to amicably solve and finalise this matter over the past 5 years with JG King, it saddens me that I still find myself in a position of owning a home that I am ashamed of and causes me much anxiety and embarrassment, in particular when I have guests.   The structural damage to my home is extensive where it is impossible for me to hide and/or for people to not notice.   It is very tiresome having to continually explain to guests why the damage has occurred and my frustration with JG King.  Many have suggested that I have simply been "too nice" in my dealings with JG King and because they are a corporation and I, just an individual, they are attempting to wear me down so hopefully, in pure desperation, I simply agree to their offer of partial rectification of their very substandard work.

At a very young age, I made the conscious decision to be the best person I could.  I did and do, work extremely hard and long hours which assisted me in achieving what I thought was going to be my dream, of building a new home.  At the very young age of 20, in good faith, I entered into a contract with JG King to build my home.  Sadly, within 2 years of my dream home being built, it was very evident that the structural integrity of the building had been comprised with large opened cracks appearing on walls, windows and doors being out of level causing them not to open/close properly, cornices cracked, open cracks in brick work (up to approx. 20mm) etc.   As a result of my personal investigations in engaging a building specialist and through those of JG King, it has unequivocally been determined that the structural integrity of my home has been comprised.
Unfortunately I am left with no choice but to publicly express my heartache and despair from what has now been a 3 year saga to get my house to a standard that I can be proud of.

I built with you guys at the age of 21 and within 2 years it was clear that there was something wrong with my house. Cracks started to appear everywhere and before I knew it I had doors and windows that wouldn’t close properly. THIS IS A SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE. Nearly everyone that walked into my house would question the damage - to a point where I would dread having people over.

It has been over 4 years since this was brought to the attention of JG King and we still can’t come to an agreement on the rectification of my home. I have plumbing reports stating there are still issues with the underground storm water and yet because there is a driveway or decking above, JG King won’t take responsibility.

I have windows and doors that won’t close properly and are no longer square yet JG King are only willing to patch walls and cut then replace parts of the cornices. I’m being short-changed on a home that should have been up to standard in the first place and that I could be proud of.

I’ve had to take time off work, lost sleep and changed my plans for inspectors, engineers and contractors to come to my house and yet still nothing is properly fixed! Now I’m expected to live in my house while contractors turn my house into a building site and I’m only getting half the rectification work that should be carried out. I don’t see how this is fair, emotionally I am so drained and tired. I signed a contract with JG King expecting to get a home that wouldn’t start falling apart within 2 years. To add salt to the wound not once have I received an apology for what has been a burden on life for nearly 5 years now.

I don’t see how a company can put someone through all this and still not take responsibility for their sub-standard work!

JG KING PLEASE HELP ME !!!

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Kris/Maree, We are really sorry that you had to experience this. We would like to look into this situation further, could you please email complaints@jgk.com.au along with your job number and co... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 11 helpful votes

Slowest build

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Job no : 1704MLA576
Started last year April for estimate and then sailing along till now. All neighbors have moved in who started with us. Frequent supervisor changes without information. [name removed] (SS) took over in Feb and I was happy at last someone understands me but it didn't last long after he left. Hope to hear if someone knows what's happening with my site and why it has taken a year for single story 21sq home.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Shujaat, We are very sorry to see that you are unhappy with the progress of your home. Firstly, thank you for providing your job reference number, as this is very helpful when reviewing your hi... read more »

JG King Homes Official

Dear Shujaat, We are very sorry to see that you are unhappy with the progress of your home. Firstly, thank you for providing your job reference number, as this is very helpful when reviewing your... read more »

Still waiting for progress on the build. First finish house's already under construction then take new projects.
Shujaat

Big let down for us.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

My home was built by JG King and it was a great experience. This time, only one word to describe "disaster". Salesperson is great and ensuring that we have great experience even until after contract signing. But poor after sales person by the headoffice has been a nightmare
We signed the contract in early April 2017, and did our colour selection. There are a few hiccups during colour selection (with our selection not properly reflected, which we picked up the error before signing the paperwork). We understand there is always a human error.
Everything went well, we paid our progress fees up until February 2018/March 2018, when we anticipate our settlement to be. We drove past the house and saw that all is ready, however we were not told when is the walk through etc.
Around April 2018, we started being anxious and enquire the head office, as the site supervisor ([name removed]) mentioned that he has passed on the property to a new site supervisor ([name removed]). There was no communication to us about this, not an email, mail or even a phone call. [name removed] also never returned our phone calls or emails.
Only then we were given an Origin gas form (early April 2018), which we have already signed back in April 2017 (last year) during the contract signing of which we were given the scanned copy as well.
A delay was claimed by JG King as a result of this. Around early May, we would like to know what is the status. So we attempted to contact the head office as we could not get through to [name removed] (even on his mobile), then we learnt that he is no longer with JGKing and a new site supervisor ([name removed]) is to be contacted. [name removed] said everything is good and on track with couple of fixing and should not be too far away from walkthrough and handover, which is a good news for us.
After that nothing happens, and we emailed four people including the site supervisor on the status. No one responded, the following days, we received an email requesting for final progess payment to be made, which is infuriating as we have to learn that the house is ready via an invoice (totally unexpected and a shock with limited time to liaise with financier).
We then decide to do a walkthrough after the invoice is raised and agreed on a settlement date of two weeks later (which is today).
Today, we rocked up on settlement and organise for our tradies for blinds, concrete and alarm/TV antenna for the same day. Was told that the main key was not included in the pack, and that they would provide us with the main key the following weeks!
I have a big concern, as JG King would have the master key which would allow them to enter the property. So, I said I am not handing over the cheque. The site supervisor ([name removed]) tried to assist us with getting locksmith but all the locksmith cannot make it that day resulting us in having to cancel our tradies appointment (Big let down), and we have to pay cancellation fees, which I will pass on the JG King.
We then would like to submit a formal complain as we would like to take over the house ASAP.
[name removed] referred us to [name removed] from the head office, [name removed] referred us back to [name removed]. This is going in a vicious circle.
We paid so much money only to be left with feeling this way.
Imagine if we are living interstate and coming over to Melbourne to do a handover! Luckily we are not!!

Others' experience may not be the same to ours, but at least this is how I felt during our second built with JG King. JG King has just lost the plot, and we will never build with JG King ever again. We recommend you discuss with JG King as for the processes before actually signing your contract!

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Kardina, We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We like to investigate this further. Could you please email your job number and contact details to complaint... read more »

Would that change Anything? No-one has responded to my appliance installation request yet too. So any complains submitted I guess won't be responded too.

Just a note to say we submitted our formal complaints on 17 August 2018,to date we did not receive any response. And your site supervisor is driving us notes. We are just hoping to get the remainde... read more »

• 15 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Please avoid this builder ....

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

JOB NO - 1703MLA466

Hopefully my review will help someone to make better decision

Did three months of research when finding a builder for our 1st dream home and was very excited when we found the builder building with steel frame offering 50 years of structure warranty.
Read reviews on product review with lot of negative reviews but my wife really liked the double storey floor plan they offering and we thought we wouldn't be one of them (disappointed customers) there would be many satisfied customers as well who didn't bother to review them and we choose them to build our home and guess what they proved as wrong. So here's what happened

Land titled in March
Deposit paid with sales consultant 15 March 2017
after they put our house on fast track
Colour and tender appointment 11th May 2017
Not sure if its a normal process how long would it take
no separate electrical appointment as you need to do this when signing with sales agent when you pay deposit and if you need one there is extra charge.
Finally contract signing 2 June 2017
After chasing up to get start date they have given 4th Aug 2017
Then that's where the delays started.
Pre pour 13 Sep 2017
and then 4 weeks of delay for getting frame delivered on site
Frame delivered 20 Oct 2017
Wrote a big complain to JG king official channel and hoping to someone would call me and apologised for all delays happening and work will start soon and guess what happened no on even bother to call me that's truly show how jg king value their customers really got shock when site manager told me there is no complain that he is been forwarded shows how bad the internal communications are.

Then another 6 weeks of delay for getting framer to put they frames up because they couldn't have enough tradies to get the frame up.

1st site supervisor changed and new supervisor called me to introduce and i was hoping might this supervisor will move quickly.

And finally when they came to put the frame up the site supervisor realises the slab they pour is not poured properly and sides on slabs are not even then another delay for getting that fixed so finally the frame got up on
21 Dec 2017.

Then next challenge is to get the bricks which was delivered on 12 Jan 2018
and then actual delays started they couldn't find any bricky because as per construction manager their are not many tradies who can work with steel frame double storey house realises me choosing steel frame was my biggest mistake.

No communications from site supervisor i have to chase it up every week to see if they have progressed anything last 4 weeks no work is been done and getting invoice for lock up stage. I cant expressed how painful the process was which hasn't finished yet.
My completion handover date was 5th of May 2018 which they are no way near only 65% work has been done and today called my site supervisor to check whats going on he advised he couldn't get any tradies to get scaffolding remove and due to lack of tradies and angry customers he is leaving Jg king and there will be new 3rd supervisor appointed for my house. The only thing they do on time or even before is sending invoices.
The receptionist was very rude they wouldn't even direct your call and tell you they will contact you when they will be back and you never heard from them. The liquidation damage they suppose to pay you when your house go beyond the deadline which will help you to pay your installments and rent at same time will be credited after they finish the house. My question is why i cant get that money now into my account when i needed the most. How i will manage to financial support me and my family
Everytime i go to the site i see all those houses started way after my house has already finished and people moved in really upsets and depressed me and realised i made a biggest mistake of my life by choosing JG king. They made our dream house a biggest nightmare.

PS Beware of all those 5 star rating comments on product review.com
their site hasn't even started and completion date is next year they haven't actual gone through real pain.
I wouldn't be surprised if JG king would give them extra discount for writing those comments or they are in bit hurry.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Raj, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that your experience with us has been unpleasant. We understand that you have been communicating with our Constru... read more »

Looks like jg king doesn’t really care about their customers anymore I wrote a complaint in nov 2017 about all those issues not a single person contacted me to find what’s happening , things have b... read more »

Geelong, VIC

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Absolute disappointment.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

What can one say about the builder being behind the project completion deadline by 6 months and displaying no sense of urgency in their approach to work? Perhaps because there is no pride in the build they provide.
JG King Geelong, belongs to the Master Builder Association, however from their unprofessional approach to management, to the inferior work provided by contractors and supervisors alike, it would be appropriate for Master Builder Association to audit this branch. Lies and excuses will not suffice, we’ve heard them all, and they have no place on a professional work site.
We have made a combined total of six official complaints to the management of the Geelong office and their Head Office, however the lack of response suggests that they were beyond any ability and willingness to remedy the points mentioned in them.
Since our build began on the 1st of February 2017, we have had to deal with 4 different building supervisors and 2 different regional managers at the Geelong branch. Each supervisor does not take ownership for the mistakes of the past supervisors and the problems remain unaddressed by the time the next supervisor takes over our build.
We find ourselves in a situation in which the current supervisor is requesting meetings during which we are required to point out each single fault inside and outside the house. There are plenty, too many, of those! What is the role of internal quality control? Do they have any? It appears not.
It was not the contractors, neither the management, nor the first builder’s supervisor, who noticed major faults in the construction. That was pointed to them by us - the owners. JG King even forgot the eaves! As other aspects of the build, i.e. incorrectly installed skylights, crooked windowsill, etc, - a full list of faults has been noted by the owners, and the Independent Building Inspector has been requested to provide final report upon completion of the house. The Independent Building Inspector has already provided a "Lock up Stage" inspection report in September 2017. The builder has not taken any action to rectify faults identified in report since then.
No compromises will be taken on our part in regards to the build.
On top of everything, there was a roof tile missing for over 10 months! Think about how much rain water has fallen through on to plaster ceiling during that time!
Avoid this company, take reviews into serious consideration, do not make the same mistake we did, there are many others which have respect for their clients. Do not think that through building a big property you might have a better experience - our house is one of the largest JG King has available.
During one of our most recent meetings with the building supervisor we were advised that the house completion date will be at the end of the year – not financial year, calendar year!
Job number 1507GEA003.
We will post an updated review once a progress has been made.

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Vic1, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very disappointed to hear that we have let you down. We understand that you have been in communication with our Construction Manage... read more »

Shepparton

• 9 helpful votes

Bad builder

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

We had very bad experience with our home we got our home started last year in August in shepparton but still we have not received key yet for our home and on Friday we have to vacant house were we leave and we ask for white mortar in brick they charge us $1000 extra but they haven't provided white mortar, when we ask they can't get white sand in shepparton but they not inform us. We are so upset at the moment. I don't know where we take our kids and luggage and furniture. Bad bad bad experience nobody take 10 months or more to build single storey home. We told our supervisor about we have to vacant house on 8 of April he told to extend till 29th of April then we extend till 4th of May but still don't when we ask can we put our furniture in car garage and we stay in motel even they don't let us to do that if we paid so lot of money for the house then what they think we will not pay last invoice or they don't trust their own work. Now we don't have anywhere to go supervisor did everything wrong not booked for occupancy permit before hand last Friday he did that now bank need time but what about us supervisor are wrong and we have to suffer for that.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Palvinder kaur, Thank you for your review. We are very disappointed to hear this and are very sorry for the situation you have been put in. Can you please provide us with your job number? We w... read more »

Hi sorry for late reply but we were busy because we received key for new home but i am still disappointed with mortar in brick because we paid for white mortar $1000 extra but they haven't inform ... read more »

Ballarat

• 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2016

21 months after completion and still not happy with a few things

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

The workmanship is shocking. Sewage smell in main bathroom on some days. Floor boards needed to be replaced.. this took 8 months to replace and are still blotchy with nail holes in beading filled with silicon instead of putty. Gas stove burner still not adjusted. Hot water service problems from day one, one way valve was fitted wrong so no input from solar panels for 18 months. Rear power point kept tripping when leads were unplugged... after visiting family overnight we lost a chest freezer of Xmas food due to it tripping when our Granddaughter unplugged her iPod and we did not notice, we asked for reimbursement because this was the third time the power point was replaced. No offer to replace lost food. Water from the driveway in front of the house is directed to the backyard and floods, even the plumber finds this strange. A tile was broken in main bathroom so a bigger washer was put on tap to hide it. Half of the roof was replaced because of incorrect fitting, problem was noticed after water ran behind gutters and eaves. Wrong pressurised downpipes used for storm water, plumbers used silicone instead of using correct pipe. Kitchen sink had to be replaced because it had deep scratches after being used as a work bench by tradies (have photos) Contract stated coloured concrete driveway, when I questioned why it was a standard concrete colour I was told it would be painted. I have not seen a painted JG king driveway yet. A dozen screws were sticking an inch out of roof, that took 3 months to fix. There was constant cracking in the walls inside, plasterers should have been paying rent they were here that often.. the building supervisor said there had been a lot of movement because of such a wet winter. No drainage was in place to take water away from the house during construction. I paid for tv aerial to be connected before handover, this was done two weeks after moving in.
I have been more than patient and it seems my patience is now being used against me. I contacted JG king homes 2 months ago to tell them that we are still getting smells from the main bathroom, that we have had to repair the hot water system ourselves ( because jk king and chromagen pass the buck) and that we would like reimbursement. The hallway floor boards have not blended in with the the ones that we’re replaced, I was told these will be unnoticeable in a few months. The nail holes in beading on the hallway flooring have not been puttied, I asked for touch up paint because what was left for us in used drink bottles had set in the first two months of handover, i only wanted it to touch up the mistakes they made. A plumber was sent around who said there was no smell and was unsure of the flooding in the back yard, he said he will report back to Jg king and will get them to contact me. After not hearing back from them after 2 months I rang again last week. The receptionist got [Name Removed] to call me back and that did not go very well. I mentioned each problem and received the exact same reply for each one, that too much time had passed and they would not do anything to rectify these issues. I mentioned that every one of these problems were raised in the first 3 months of handover and I have the photos and texts between the building supervisor and myself that show this is so. Well he was not interested and the conversation went sour quickly. He was rude and unprofessional to say the least. This house should have been a great thing but getting there has been a struggle. I gave JG king another opportunity to address these issues before publishing this review, 10 days have passed and no one has been around to look at the house. Go elsewhere. its not worth the headaches.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Fred, Thank you for your review. This is very disappointing to read and we are very sorry that the level of customer service delivered was not to standard. It is from our understanding that y... read more »

1 of 5 pages