Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

2nd JG King Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

Workmanship and build quality was excellent. It was well managed all way through the building process. Customer service and support has also been excellent. Very happy how it went and how quick it was completed. We were pleased with how the building process went last time we built with JG King, and we would have to say that this time it went even better. We would recommend JG King construction.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Bob Thank you so much for your positive review. Our team are very passionate about what they do and its great to read such kind words. We wish you all the very best in your new home and hope y... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

We are half way there and So far so good !!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Ok, straight off the bat we had a pretty slow start but I believe JG have done everything they could to make up the time. I made it clear when we signed up we needed it done and by mid Dec and so far it looks like they are going to make it but we will see. Since the start of the project I have called the supervisor more than he has called me which is not Ideal especially as we work away. I have a close look when I get back to make sure all is good. I noticed an update hadn't been picked up for my gas bottle location which they quickly rectified and I was far from impressed about the so called reverse lock up stage, which by the way should not happen with out discussing it with the client first. It was too late when we realised this was done. The risk is far to high in the winter / Wetter months for reverse lockups. I'd rather be 2 weeks late waiting for bricks than have plaster around window and door openings getting wet from rain.

I assessed it last week and luckily all was ok. A little more communication would be beneficial. The site itself when I was there a week ago was messy in some areas Rio in the grass, offcuts from the frame stage and general rubbish which is an easy fix and should be monitored and dealt with more closely. I'm staying optimistic though and that's part of the reason I have given 4 star rating but I'd expect the finishes to be of the highest quality and being in the construction industry myself as a Tier 1 Site Manager I'll be defecting the property very closely. Demand updates and excellence.

Regards Rick Stewart

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rick, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Receiving feedback from our clients helps us to continually improve in all areas. We are disappointed to hear that the hig... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Gol gol glamour

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Very happy with JG King & the team! This was our 2nd build with king. We chose a larger home design & utilised the alpha upgrade (plus some custom design choices). Jg King have an excellent attention to build quality & helped produced a glamour finish. The build was Managed very well - there were some delays (as per tradies) but generally good. The Customer service was good & we were always kept up to date & in the loop.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Quality Build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

My husband and I signed up to build with JG King well before our land titled. Everyone we dealt with was fantastic until we changed site supervisors half way through the build. Once this happened our house basically had no work done to it for like 3 months!!! As everyone says if you have an awesome site supervisor great which we had an amazing one for the first half but then we got a bad one. By the end of the build we were so damn happy the whole ordeal was over! We love the quality and design of our home but the end of the build not so pleasant dealing with an aggressive, arrogant and unpleasant Site Supervisor who I certainly wouldn't be happy if I had a business with him worker there.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2015

Good House

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

We built we JG King and while we had some administrative problems at the beginning,the build process was very good. We had a 'average' foreman and a very good administrator throughout the build. There seemed to be a lot of staff changeover through our build but the new regional manager Rory Nelson went out of his way and was very approachable from the get go. We would definitely build with JG King Albury/wodonga again in the future.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2015

First Home Builder

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

This is our first home and we have decided to build with JG king because of its known quality designs and themes. We had a very helpful and supportive sale person ([name removed] @ Melton Display) who helped us make the right choices on the designs. He was very encouraging and was always prominent with his job to guide us with building our new home. Also the selection process was very smooth, we had a very good interior designer from JG king who constantly helped us with the designs for our home. Our financial advisor (Victoria Finance) from JG King was excellent and had an outstanding service of making this process quick and easy.

Overall the management team was terrific but when it came to the building phase, we had many issues with the contractor on the quality of the house. Our major problem we had was that we selected the mortar colour to be pure white and when the contractors were up to this process in the building phase, they have put the grey mortar instead of the white mortar. I confronted the building supervisor about this issue and he said that it is supposed to be like that and the colour of the mortar would change when it dries. Unfortunately the colour has not changed at all. We arranged a private building inspector and he said that the colour would not change because as from the beginning itself the contractor did not put the right sand. We had asked them for a solution to this problem which was to render the front side of the house and they said that this could not be possible. We are devastated to hear this because we had chosen a very expensive and upgraded bricks and the overall finishing of the exterior of the house is very bad quality.

The box gutter near the façade is not professionally fixed and this issue also we mentioned to the maintenance team but we have not received any information, we are still waiting for these problems to be resolved.

Terence and Nissy

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Second Build with JG King - Would use this company again.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

Very happy with the service from start to finish.

A few minor hiccups during the build, but they were rectified along the way. Really good trades, however the painter walked off the point toward the end of the job! Not any fault of JG Kings, but as fore-mentioned this was sorted quickly. Finished build way ahead of schedule.

The site supervisor was always more than obliging to answer questions, and fix any problems as they arose.
The soil conditions at Deniliquin are highly reactive clay. Screw piers were used and seem to be working well at this stage.

This is our sixth build in total, including owner builds, and the Second build with JG King. We would, and probably will build again with this company. A work colleague walked through the house and has now changed their plans to the same ours, as they were impressed with the layout of this design. 'copy cat!'

TARNEIT

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2015

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

I would recommend JGKing homes to anyone looking to build new home,Good quality of materials and work man ship in most areas. however suggests to do building inspection on every stage which will help Supervisor to be more cautious of work doing
The sales consultant([name removed]) was so helpful to chose right plan and required extras, I would like to thank him for his all assistance
Final inspection finished without much problems and during and after maintenance period ( first 3 mths)the maintenance supervisor arranged to rectify all small problems that come out without delay, thanks

Comments

Hi
Maintenance team is good
Every time for the last 3 years they were quick responsive even a small problem to come and look at it and correct it where required

• 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2008

Best thing to happen to Kings

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

Eight years ago we built with Kings and had the worst time ever and have spent a lot of time, money and energy fixing these issues due to very bad customer service people employed by them in the Albury Wodonga area. But this year that has changed and they have a new area manager, [name removed], (Kings you are stupid if you remove his name as he is what is saving your reputation in this area). He has been fantastic to deal with and is fixing things the right way and been nothing but highly professional and a great help. Would have been great to have had [name removed] around right from the start.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2016

So happy with our new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

I was so concerned about building a home again was but totally happy with outcome of the house the level of workmanship was very good
Our sales guy was execellent in giving us advice on changes we made to house and our supervisor was so helpful in all stages of the build and after he is one person that made building the house enjoyable
Our only concern was some of the office staff just weren't helpful and supportive

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Well Built Home!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2016

We first went into another builder and felt pushed to pay a deposit. This turned us straight off! I stopped in at JG King as I hadn't heard much of them before besides them having a steel frame.

The Sales Consultant was busy with another customer but still took the time to say hello.

We found the display in Geelong to be similar to what we needed but ended going to the Craigieburn Display. This was exactly what we were after and worked well with the views we have from our block.

My Husband and I were happy to wait and requested information which lead to a quote. Before we knew it we had paid our deposit and started the process.

The only down fall to date was the paperwork took some time but in saying that we did make a few design changes which probably delayed things.

Now that we are underway on site, we are more comfortable to post our experience for others.

Thank you to JG King and the team in Geelong!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Barham

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

All Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2013

We are in middle of build and all very good. The design we chose was perfect for our requirements and the display home in Bendigo was beautiful. The salesperson was exceptional in her service and most helpful in assisting with upgrades and other choices. The administration team has also been exceptional in their customer service. The building supervisor is very professional and has made it very clear that if we have any questions or concerns to contact him directly and a solution will be obtained.

It is a shame that these forums are hijacked by whingers. I notice that Doagoodjob comments on nearly every review, but hasn't even used J G King. This is unfair and not what reviews are for, as it does not allow for accurate information...please leave the comments for real people with real experiences.

+ Great plan, sales staff and helpful all around

- A little slow in getting things moving

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Hi Frustrated I Am. I am sorry to hear that. I can only hope that things get better for you. We are still very happy with our building experience and we may be the lucky ones, but I can only com... read more »

The build was completed and we are extremely happy. We are in our dream house and all staff at JG Kings have been extremely helpful. The building supervisor was great and a pleasure to deal with.

How disappointed are we now that the build has been finished. Anyone using J G Kings BEWARE. The 13 week inspection and repair promise is a complete joke. Warning do not pay a cent on final payme... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

We couldn't be happier!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2012

....I'm disappointed to see such a bunch of negative comments given that our experience has been smooth sailing & we couldn't be happier with our home. The site supervisor has been fantastic as have the tradesman! I'm guessing if you have a good supervisor he will have good tradesman - ours clearly take pride in their work. I would definitely recommend JG King in my hometown. I really hope they look after their staff & maintain their good reputation! We are extremely lucky!

+ Quality of work & staff we've dealt with....

- Turn over of admin staff & slight lack of communication

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney, NSW

• 36 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2011

I would recommend JG King Homes to new home builders, however do advice them to ask more and more questions instead of thinking JG King would be very helpful in disclosing information themselves. The salesmen dont provide all the information until asked to do so. However, they have excellent home designs and the base price are pretty good too. The quality is excellent and the way the house plan flows is very nicely crafted. Suggest them as a good builder for first home builders in victoria. Good one.

+ Excellent designs and base price of houses

- Not enough information by the salesmen

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2010

I have recently built my dream home in Manor Lakes. Everything about the JG King experience went above and beyond my expectations.

The building supervisor ensured the job got done to my expectations, which left me stress free throughout the building process.

I would recommend JG King for anyone looking to build a quality home.

+ - The price was suitable for my budget
- Great communication with Building Supervisor, he was easily accessible, he would answer all my queries and was generally very helpful in ensuring the job got completed well before our contract date
- Good design of the home

- - There was an unreasonable delay between the time of contract formation and commencement of building works

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sanctuary Lakes, vic

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2010

We're happy with the house over all, though we learnt alot about the whole process and would definitely make some changes to the house and feed the lessons learnt into the next house we build - should it ever happen. Our complaint about the wrong security system being installed was handled less smoothly than we would have liked but in the end we were refunded the amount.

+ The house was completed on time; they were reasonably priced per square meter and allowed us to bring our own house plans so they worked off those. We had a lot of upgrades from their standard fittings and fixtures which they were fine with. The standard fittings were good quality though. We were given a welcome box on the handover with biscuits and teas etc. The 3 month review after the hand over was handled by a very nice chap and he did all the fixes and some extra bits and bobs too. There weren't too many fixes - mainly missing door stops, sticky doors, all very minor.

- During the construction phase we were only called when there were issues. There were a few main issues - the placement of our R/A outlet which was not reviewed properly by the engineer and resulted in a change to a less desirable location during construction; the electrical wiring was not perfect (some lights didn't work) when we were at the home handover - it seems the apprentices of one of their electrical contractors did the job.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2010

We are building a very large/complex house in the west suburbs of Melbourne with them. The building is progressing nicely and the steel frame looked magnificent. The metal structure (which I believe doesn't contribute to a fire) gives you a strong sense of security. The walls are perfectly straight (and some of my wood framed neighbor houses walls are certainly not). Having said that, I have also to mention that they are taking their time...plenty of excuses used to justify things not going right. I am aware that building houses can be pretty complicated. The building manager is always calm and collected with good communication skills. I Strongly recommend them .

+ quality of the building, competitive price. Steel frame

- a bit slower than expected

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

How many times has J G King been taken to DBDRV and VCAT this year? It seems every time l look at the court list its some compiling about J G Kings. Wouldn't it be easy to build homes like you promised and on time? Why do your customers have to put complaints in writing when you don't acknowledge them in writing?

Andrew asked on Aug 29, 2018

Answer this

Hi there, thanks, yes JG King doesn’t want to pay. Due to poor site maintenance the site was served a breach notice, and JG King didn’t pay. DBDRV and VCAT is certainly the next step to keep things moving

Hi Rebecca we are in 3658 and beleive it or not we have had it worse 642 days and they didn't finish our home. But they don't care not even an apology. We served them with a 14 days notice to terminate the contract they didn't even respond. The good news is that if enough people complain to the master builds association they will be kicked out of it. If enough people complain to A Current Affair they will do a story on them and that will expose them. But every one should take them to DBDRV and write to the Martin Foley Minister for housing.

Building a home is a journey. Not a destination. JG King Homes certainly did not care. I hear your frustration and stress. This is tooooooo bad! Steel Frame will rust in rain.

Hi. I have signed the contract to build a home with Jg king on 28 june 2018. Made all payments required on time, includind 5% deposit. 2 months gone and nothing happened. Now someone from jg king office rang and notify price increase because the construction didn’t start withing 12 months. Is this appropriate? We feel the company should be responsible for all the delays! Paul

Fairness asked on Aug 28, 2018

Answer this

Hi Paul, can I get your Job Number and I will direct this query to the right office and person that can help you.

Thank you.
JG King Homes

Thank you for your quick response. Job no 1707GEA303

Hi, Please make sure you select a building inspector before you make a progressive payment!! I can see here JG King seemed do not rectify their faulty work and produce construction delays.

How long will take to bulid a house like the display house in werribee? Thank you

Awet asked on Jul 30, 2018

Hi Awet,

Build time frames vary due to a range of different factors such as house design, size, specification etc and these are for construction time frames only. This does not include the time taken from land settlement.

Kind Regards,
JG King Homes

My Timeline with JGKing:
Paid deposit 10/5/2017 : That is 66 Weeks since paying deposit.
Building commenced: 10/10/2017: That is 48 weeks and still on going.

Hi Awet, currently 3030 postcode experiencing delays. Have you seen there are SS leaving the job at the moment? Get your own Inspector before you make a payment. otherwise, JG King doesn't care about you. If there is rectification work need to be done, they are the cost to the Company. JG King will be reluctant to rectify. This is well known to JG King Homes. They just won't do it!!

See all 107 questions about JG King Homes