• 2 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Bad service - no response from site supervisor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Building still in progress - but I would not use this builder ever in my life again and will not recommend anyone to them ever again - YES they built with steel but there are other builders out there that does the same thing STEEL FRAMES - they supply their own steel - yet there was a delay - they sent me letters to say that it is due to supplier delays - but they are their own supplier - hence 5 - 6 weeks delay which I think is not acceptable.
They then inform you about the brick colour that you chose is discontinued - they only offer you 2 other bricks to choose from - which does not even match your other roof colour - what do you do - if you want something else - you have to pay the difference. So you are force to choose a different colour brick that does not match your other colours. And then your site supervisor changes for no apparent reason and you were then allocated someone that is not even interested in your job - he rang initially and promised to keep in contact with you weekly as per their company's policy but have not heard from him at all - sent him a text - no reply at all - no phone call - rang the supervisor and he even switched off his phone after a few rings - so paying $250,000 for a house and getting a service that is not even worth $25.00 - as the supervisor does not even have a minute to speak to you - biggest mistake - Do not use them - unless you want more stresses in your life and you have nothing better to do. Cavity slider for pantry put on the wrong side as well. Brick layer was laying bricks but then had to attend to other jobs - so once again further delays. Even my neighbor that started 4 - 6 weeks after my site started - is about to catch up in terms of progress. What do you do? Can't pull out - just not a good experience with JG King Homes - spread the word.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Joshua, Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been positive. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further. Can you please provide your job ... read more »

1702MLA383 is my job number ...

Cranbourne west

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Thank you Sam and JG King!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

The quality of our home is second to none, and we are so pleased with our choice of builder. But we never thought we’d be lucky enough to have a supervisor like [name removed]. He kept us up to date every Friday, and we could not fault any of his trades and their work. We didn’t think we’d b in by Christmas, but towards the end of construction, [name removed] really made things move, and here we are. Thank you JG King and thank you [name removed] and [name removed] for your help.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Sam, Thank you for your amazing review. We are thrilled to hear that your building experience has been nothing but positive. How exciting to be able to spend Christmas in your new! We hope you... read more »

• 3 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Poor customer service once the contract signed and following handover. Poor quality of work.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I went with this builder because they had built another home for me 25 years ago, without major problems and with an excellent standard of work. Sadly, this was not the case this time. Things were fine up until the contract to build was actually signed - all downhill from there. Delayed building start, appalling customer service from site supervisor [name removed], which continued up until completion. Handover delayed because of poor finishing on the home - eventually a complaint to Consumer Affairs was needed to get anything finished to a reasonable standard. At the supposed final inspection, the shower rose in the bathroom did not fit the holder; the windows were not weather sealed (large gaps where the rubber had not been installed properly); the carpet in the main bedroom had to be replaced prior to completion due to a noticeable fault in the weave; and the whole house had to be repainted internally prior to handover due to poor workmanship. Additionally, the stone bench in the kitchen was chipped; there were no shelves in the kitchen wall cupboards; and there was no caulking outside the master bedroom. This was supposed to be a finished building! The supervisor tried to bully me into submission (to accept poor workmanship) during the 18 months it took to accept the keys, until eventually I refused to meet with him without another person present. The building manager sent to complete the three month inspection was also lacking in basic politeness let alone interpersonal skills, and although he accepted the need for remedial action on my three page list, refused to accept that a tile in the bathroom needed replacing. The tradesperson sent to complete the remedial works left paint splatters in several spots. The floor in the family room had to be taken up and relaid in one part due to a significant dip in the slab - which clearly should have been remedied prior to the floor being laid. The garage door then needed to have the sensors adjusted - however, when I called the installers I was informed that it was out of warranty despite having only been in the house since April. I eventually managed to get J G King Homes to reimburse me the cost of this service call, but only once I 'proved' the problem was not due to misuse. They used every delaying tactic they could to avoid reimbursement.
In summary, this was supposed to be my forever home, and the process was supposed to be exciting and the final product something I loved. Sadly this has not proved to be the case, and I feel no positive emotional attachment to the house, due entirely to the terrible experience I have had with this builder. I am not alone in this experience sadly - there is another house a few streets down (in a new development) with the same supervisor, where the same problems are occurring. Dealing with J G King Homes has been an extremely stressful process and I would not recommend them to anyone at all.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi psych1, Thank you for your review. We are very disappointed to hear this and apologise that this has not been the experience you had hoped for. Can you please provide your job number? We would... read more »

• 2 answers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Pre build experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

I have nothing but great things to say about the JG King.

Matthew sales consultant at woodlea was more than happy to answer my 100 questions. He went above and beyond to answer all my queries and Jenny also was great help also helped out with the kids while we needed to sign paperwork.

Colour selection consultant was very helpful also and made suggestions that we wouldn't of known of.

Mamatha is our Customer Service Administrator and also has gone above and beyond nothing is to much trouble for her. Easy to talk to and easy to get hold of if we need anything. Mamatha has helped us along our new build with JG King and has made this process easy and stress free.

We are currently waiting for our land to settle and can't wait for the build to start. Once land is settled will post another update once build starts.

Big Thankyou to all you guys @ JG King

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Max, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear that your experience has been a positive one and the level of customer service has been outstanding. We wish y... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Amazing service, gone above and beyond.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

My partner and I have chosen to build our first home with JG King and so far we do not regret a thing.

Sales Consultant - BM from the Traralgon team.

The sales consultant and the team at Traralgon JG King have all helped us out a great amount. We have had a fair bit of trouble with the bank with not being reliable/responding to our calls and texts and JG King have dealt with it all with no complaints.
The sales consultant gave us the personal touch when choosing the design of our house, due to building her own house recently. She recommended where to put certain lights and power points and what certain things to upgrade and what will look better and help us in the long run. She even went the extra mile and sending photos through of her own house so we can see what ours will look like when it's finished.

Very exciting and happy we decided to go with JG King.

We are currently waiting on land settlement and as soon as that goes through building will begin. So far so good and cannot fault the admin side of JG King Traralgon.
Will be doing another review once the house is finished.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Darcy and Hayden, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that the Traralgon team have provided you with such a positive building experience. Congratulations on building y... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Outstanding Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

JG King Wodonga has exceeded all our expectations and we could not be happier. Vicki, Jamie and Rory have been professional, friendly and very efficient throughout our experience in building our first home. The process has been stress free and they have provided guidance every step of the way, no question or request has been too much. I cannot recommend the team at Wodonga highly enough.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Taylah, Thank you so much for your positive review and congratulations on building your very first home! Our team are very passionate about what they do and its great to read such a wonderful r... read more »

Nagambie

• 1 helpful vote

Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Absolute pleasure to deal with. From design to finished product, found all staff to be very helpful. Any issues with house design were explained very well. All issues during build were dealt with by Build Manager in a prompt / well explained manner. Always contactable and responsive to our needs. Could not recommend the team at Shepparton any more highly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Scoops,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear that your experience has been an absolute pleasure.

We wish you all the very best in your new home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Yarra Glen build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

My wife and I are very happy with our beautiful new home thanks to the great team at JG King!!!
From planning stage through to final it was a very smooth and relaxing build, our supervisor was always available, and he sorted out any issues straight away, the workmanship is of the highest standard expesially the painting!!!
We will be recommending JG King to anyone looking to build there next home!!!
Thanks again for all your help JG King.

Lucas

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your review.

That's great news! We are so happy to hear of your positive experience.
We wish you and your wife all the best in your new home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Very Very Very Helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Dealing With JG King Traralgon was made very very Easy. My Sales Consultant [name removed] did everything she could to make things simple and easy for me to understand. She was always so quick and responsive with answers to any questions i had even, answering emails/phone calls after work hours. I would recommend [name removed] and the team at JG King in Traralgon to anyone, and i will build with them again.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that your experience was positive and our team were very helpful.

All the best in your new JG King Home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

We are half way there and So far so good !!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Ok, straight off the bat we had a pretty slow start but I believe JG have done everything they could to make up the time. I made it clear when we signed up we needed it done and by mid Dec and so far it looks like they are going to make it but we will see. Since the start of the project I have called the supervisor more than he has called me which is not Ideal especially as we work away. I have a close look when I get back to make sure all is good. I noticed an update hadn't been picked up for my gas bottle location which they quickly rectified and I was far from impressed about the so called reverse lock up stage, which by the way should not happen with out discussing it with the client first. It was too late when we realised this was done. The risk is far to high in the winter / Wetter months for reverse lockups. I'd rather be 2 weeks late waiting for bricks than have plaster around window and door openings getting wet from rain.

I assessed it last week and luckily all was ok. A little more communication would be beneficial. The site itself when I was there a week ago was messy in some areas Rio in the grass, offcuts from the frame stage and general rubbish which is an easy fix and should be monitored and dealt with more closely. I'm staying optimistic though and that's part of the reason I have given 4 star rating but I'd expect the finishes to be of the highest quality and being in the construction industry myself as a Tier 1 Site Manager I'll be defecting the property very closely. Demand updates and excellence.

Regards Rick Stewart

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rick, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Receiving feedback from our clients helps us to continually improve in all areas. We are disappointed to hear that the hig... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2019

One of the best builder & very competitive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Signed my contract with JG King homes, So Far I am really happy with this builder, From Sales Consultant to Finance Provider they have assisted me with the best customer service standards. Sales Consultant - [name removed]. JG King is providing 50 year Structural Guarantee, unlike others which is 20-25, BAL rating 12.5, 900mm appliances, Alfresco as their standard inclusions. JG's base price is the best I have found so far (others min. 185K for 4BHK, 22 Squares). House designs are also good. I have signed up after 2 of my work colleagues built from these guys & there houses are stunning. I wish all the best to these guys for their service and hope my message will reach out loud

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Navi, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear that your experience has been a positive one and the level of customer service has been outstanding. We wish ... read more »

clyde north

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Excellence at its best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

We build our first home with JG Kings, the whole experience from the sales to the construction was really good and first class

Sales consultant- Dale Murray

He is the reason that we chose to build with Jg Kings. We went to different builders and many of the sales rep were confusing especially with site cost information.
But this guy was very gentle and straight forward and he gave me a beautiful house with an excellent package. A man full of smile, so lively , a true gentleman . Very recently we came to know that he passed away, And we pray with all our hearts that his soul may rest in peace.

Contract Admin – Mariah Denhert, Rishta Prasad

We never had any chance to talk directly or over the phone with them, but they were always there to provide informations and answers to our queries. They were excellent.

Site Supervisor – Dean Wallin

Dean Wallin is always busy, we seldom talks over the phone, but he communicated rather through text messages. It was a pleasure to deal with him, he is very experienced and know what he is doing and gifted us a very beautiful home.We never thought the outcome of our house would be this perfect , all credits to him. We are 100% happy with the quality and finish of the work.

This is our first home and so far, after seeing our house two of our friends has signed with JG Kings, we tell everyone we know how much we love our home and value the work done by J G Kings.

Mrs and Mr PK, Clyde North , VIC

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi POL, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very pleased to hear that each point of contact assisted in delivering you and your family a positive building experience. We hope y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2015

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

We have 3 issues which I believe to be fixed under warranty.
1 - Solar Panels on roof are leaking - existing valve which was faulty.- cost $404.35 to fix.
2. Ensuite shower - still leaking - rotted skirting. Trade Supplier mentioned this is building issue. - PM should contact with JG king but this is issue from 3rd July (Now it's 5th Sep.)
3. PM reported that the bedroom door was mean to be fixed by builder (June 2017) - now totally useless and off hings - Since no reply from JG King by Aug, I asked PM to arrange to fix. It costs $330.

It looks like our PM struggle to contact with JG KING and all maintenance request come to us.
I'm not sure this is PM issue or JG KING issue. I will update this issue.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Regarding 2, shower leaking, JG KING came and fixed but again it has started leaking. Due to this our tenant is moving again. Our property manager tried to contact with JG KING from the online maintenance request.- no one replied.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Mami, Thank you for your review. We understand that your concerns have been addressed and you have been in communication with our construction team. Following on from your previous messages, t... read more »

Now previous tenant lodged a counter-claim for compensation at VCAT due to this shower leak. I’ve sent a mail to JG KING to send us details how / when fix this issue. Much appreciated for the quick response.

Bendigo

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

We have sign the contract and pay deposit since mid July and not thing happening yet till now, took us nearly 2 months waiting for a building contract. And now they changing our favorate brick colour to some thing else that we don't like, they said the brick is temporary unavailable, We so disappointed. It cost us 11,600 for the sitecost but we still have to pay more if there are any rock found, this figure is a lot but still not covering us for paying more.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Taloo, We are sorry to hear this. Unfortunately products do become unavailable at times or become discontinued. This decision comes directly from the supplier and therefore it is something we h... read more »

Appreciate for getting back to us, we are looking forward to accept your offer with a better deal, last time we been given no other option, we have to choose one out of two and they both are the br... read more »

Still lying to us, did not hear back from you at all !! , how can we trust you?

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Yarra Glen Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

We purchased a large block with a fair old slope on it. After being turned away by nearly all major builders. We looked in to Kings as they had custom builds on a volume builders budget.
From start to finish communication has been of a very high standard which assisted in design, colors and right through the build process.
[name removed] our first supervisor was great and getting things rolling on site but had to hand over to [name removed who kept the lines of communication open, attention to detail and the quality of workmanship is of a very high standard.
We are just about ready to do handover and can't wait to move into this amazing house.
Big thanks to [name removed and his team.

I would recommend Kings as a very good option to build your home.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Dave.H, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear of the high level of customer service that has been delivered to you throughout your building journey. We wish ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Helpful and Professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

We recently booked our First home with JG King (XP), the Business Development Consultant who is very professional and helpful in providing all the details required for building a new home. They have collection of many new home designs to pick from, as well as the flexibility to modify plans according to our needs. Choice of internal & external colour schemes is quite reasonable. Our home is not yet started, will share more of our experience as move forward. looking forward to the smooth journey of building new home with JG King. Fingers cross!!!

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi KuldeepandBalvinder, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear that your experience has been a positive one. We look forward to hearing your updates through... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Excellent Experience !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Xavier was great and very collaborative. He kept us in the loop throughout the process. He is very energetic and is a doer. Loved his get the job done attitude. The whole experience dealing with XP was very pleasant and hopefully our building process would be equally good. More than happy to recommend XP and JG King as builders to anyone wanting to build.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Hasnain Rizvi,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your experience has been a positive one.

We are confident that this pleasant process will continue throughout the remainder of your build.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Perfect build.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

We are happy with our new home.
The whole process was easy with JG King Warrnambool.
From sales to admin to construction.
Our Sales person Lauren was patient with us through the planning process. We have built before and we knew what we wanted. Our supervisor Luke was fantastic. He ensure everything we wanted was done and nothing was too hard for him. We are now in enjoying our family home and look forward to the next build with JG King Homes.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Lee, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We know that building can often be a stressful time so we are pleased to hear that your experience was an easy and positive one! We wish y... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

totally happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

I highly recommend building with JG King. Xavier at JG king displayed total professional customer service and expert advice.(xp). Any change i made to the plans he was only too happy to help and made it happen.(xp). JG king use the best of materials and products in building their homes and this stands out in the finished product. So glad i built with JG king.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rob,

Thank you for sharing your journey. We're thrilled to hear that you've had a great experience with JG King Homes.

We hope you enjoy your new home!

Mernda

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Unprofessional, disgraceful service. Considering legal advice it's that bad.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Please take notice of the reviews. It was too late for us as we signed up and didn't read the reviews until our problems started.

We signed up with jgking back in October 2016. The very misleading sales rep. Found our land and contacted the real estate agent to tell them she was sending us over to purchase the land. She sold us the dream. We were so excited and grateful for all her help that after we signed up we returned with champagne and chocolates to say thank you.

When doing our colour selection and tender documents we discovered most of the dream we were sold was far from accurate. The colours lady was less than efficient and far from knowledgable. Much of what she finally typed up was incorrect. I went to Reece to look at the taps and sink I was getting. Reece were great. Advised me the colour consultant had advised us to choose a mixer that would not fit the basin!! Chatting away and she tells me the kitchen sink is not designed to be an inset. Silly me says yes it is, look she write it here. The Reece lady actually called the manufacturer so that I could hear how very wrong this was. If I explained all the errors and dramas with the colours lady I'd be here for days. The tender lady was arrogant and rude and refused to go through the tender with my partner telling him it was all standard and just to take it home and sign it. Very unprofessional.
Now we move on to dealing with the build supervisor. He refused to reply to any of my partners emails but I could write the exact message and get a reply. The communication soon stopped. We would ask what the hold up was as the build was not starting. No response. No returned phone calls. It's a cash build so no issue with payments from us either. Then last Friday night I get an email from the general manager at 5 to 5 to say they under quoted and are cancelling the contract. Not even the professional courtesy of a phone call. Just an impersonal email at 4.55pm on a Friday night How disgusting is that!! We still don't have answers. No replies to our questions as to why or what went wrong. It's nearly 12 months since signing up with them. Still waiting on a refund of our deposit monies. We were advised by another builder to seek compensation. We thought we would wait and find out what the issues were but when they can't even do that you think maybe you should make time to see a lawyer. Don't ignore the reviews.

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Disappointed,

We too are very disappointed to hear this. Can you please provide your contact details or lot address. We would like to investigate this matter further.

JG King Homes

Thank you for your very standard and impersonal response. We did not expect anything more. I don't think it's appropriate to provide addresses or contact details here. I'm sure if you gave tha... read more »

JG King Homes Official

Hi Disappointed, Please forward your details to complaints@jgking.com.au. We have multiple managers across the state and cannot determine who is managing your specific build if further details are... read more »

1 of 11 pages