Wodonga

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Good home prices but extremely bad customer service. Never ending wait . Don’t finish houses on time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

We are building our home in wodonga. We started with good staff like [name removed] and [name removed]. But they left the company and it is a nightmare since then. We go to property eveyday two times. Work is done only one day or half day in a week. Sometimes no one goes there for weeks. According to the contract, the number of non working days (except public holidays, Saturdays and Sundays) is 0. But if i count all these days together, when work was not done on our property, will be more than 4 months altogether. i have a child, i am studying and working as well. My husband also works fulltime. Whenever we asked the staff they are saying that our house will be finished in 6 six weeks. We are hearing this since January 2018 and it is already nearly 4 months. My husband’s holidays has been cancelled as we don’t have date. Who will move my house and they are still saying 3 more weeks. Our lease has finished and and new tenants are moving within next 2 weeks. Jg king should be honest about the date so we didn’t have to arrange everything again and again. Don’t give us false dates. If workers are not sent to the property it won’t be finished till eternity. We have no excitement now. We are really frustrated and we have already advised our friends not to go through JG king if you want your house on time. The price for our dream home was good they actually beat the prices of other builders but at the end it is same as we are paying mortage and rent, double electricity and water bills. And its been nearly 9 months. So at the end of the day we saved nothing. Plus we are gifted with this false promises of 6 weeks or 3 weeks moving period. Anyone who still wants to build with jg king, i will suggest you that you make sure you get your date in writing. I mean actual date not the number of days and ask them before hand whether the work will be done 5 days a week or one (except weather conditions).

Very very disappointed with JG king. Won’t make this mistake when we will build second house in future.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Jasneet Kaur, We are very sorry to read this and we are disappointed that you feel we have let you down. Can you please provide us with your job number? We would like the opportunity to invest... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

So distraught

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Another night of crying that's all I do since this shell of a house was started. You would think we are building a mansion its taking that long. Started 17th October 2017 bricky worked through xmas and did an amazing job ...untill the sight clean and the bobcat hit the water meter and also the the corner of the house cracking the mortar and a brick in 1/2 and pushing a brick through the other side .. ok not JG Kings fault but the wall needs to come down and is still not fixed. We have plaster hung and a week on and nothing its a shell. We have been told they cannot have tradies on sight every day yet every other house around us have numerous amounts of tradies every day hence why our neighbors are at move in stage. Apparently JG King are short on tradies. Well you need to get your act together and finish our home as we are over it. You have given us a provisional finish date for June and its looking like thats when it will be (8 months to build a house!!!!). I am absolutely devastated and heartbroken but most of all embarrassed that we are building with this company as they are slow and their houses just sit there for months, you see it in every estate. I will never recommend you and will be making sure our friends and family boycott you as this company and build has not been pleasant in any way. We also now have our landlord who wants to move into our rental property and now have to find somewhere to live for 2 to 3 months just to add to our stress. Thank you for the heartbreak, disappointment and stress ....just what we both need in our lives JGKing.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Candy, Thank you for your message. We are very sorry to hear that your building experience has been so stressful. We understand that your build experienced a few hiccups at the beginning, howev... read more »

Ok JG king you posted this on the 16th of Feb it is now the 5th March 18 no painters no kitchenand still no brick wall why I am I not surprised. Get your act together Im over and you will see me in your offices if I dont hear from you.

No reply... Why am I not surprised.

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Five months gone by and nothing has happened.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

The workmanship is below average and needless to say that they can't read their plans right. We had upgraded electricals but the site supervisor did not have the proper plan and to their defense it was theft. Still can't get my head around such excuse while he is holding the generic electrical plan for my house. It has been 4 months since I last saw the site supervisor and pointed out some defects no progress have been made and now I am aware that there is no one in particular that I can call as my site supervisor. The build started on the first week of November and we are still stuck at Frame stage. I have made multiple phone calls and sent multiple emails but no one bothers to follow up or tell me the truth.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I wrote the review back in September 2017 and kept it private since the build was still not completed and the builder promised to follow up on it. It is January 2018 and its pretty much the same th... read more »

JG King Homes Official

Hi Gaza, Thank you for your review. We apologise for the delay and we ensure you that our team are doing everything they can to deliver you a quality home. Since September there has been far more... read more »

• 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Bad service - no response from site supervisor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Building still in progress - but I would not use this builder ever in my life again and will not recommend anyone to them ever again - YES they built with steel but there are other builders out there that does the same thing STEEL FRAMES - they supply their own steel - yet there was a delay - they sent me letters to say that it is due to supplier delays - but they are their own supplier - hence 5 - 6 weeks delay which I think is not acceptable.
They then inform you about the brick colour that you chose is discontinued - they only offer you 2 other bricks to choose from - which does not even match your other roof colour - what do you do - if you want something else - you have to pay the difference. So you are force to choose a different colour brick that does not match your other colours. And then your site supervisor changes for no apparent reason and you were then allocated someone that is not even interested in your job - he rang initially and promised to keep in contact with you weekly as per their company's policy but have not heard from him at all - sent him a text - no reply at all - no phone call - rang the supervisor and he even switched off his phone after a few rings - so paying $250,000 for a house and getting a service that is not even worth $25.00 - as the supervisor does not even have a minute to speak to you - biggest mistake - Do not use them - unless you want more stresses in your life and you have nothing better to do. Cavity slider for pantry put on the wrong side as well. Brick layer was laying bricks but then had to attend to other jobs - so once again further delays. Even my neighbor that started 4 - 6 weeks after my site started - is about to catch up in terms of progress. What do you do? Can't pull out - just not a good experience with JG King Homes - spread the word.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Joshua, Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been positive. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further. Can you please provide your job ... read more »

1702MLA383 is my job number ...

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Take Note Of Reviews

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Review from May 2017 (no response from JG King) -We began working with our salesman late 2015, who was very helpful. We wanted a few adjustments and we're promised they could all be done.
We then spent the majority of 2016 trying to have these adjustments added to our plans as all of a sudden, our salesman advised these couldn't be done despite what he had told us previously. After what was months just trying to fix our contract and adjustments, about to sign a final contract late 2016, the base price of home has been increased apparently in March of 2016 but we had not been advised or had any new paperwork noting this. We were then given a story to try justify this massive adjustment that gave us no extra value for our home.
Finally, after being told our slab would be poured mid Jan, it was poured early February.
The next day, an email was sent to us with the invoice, and a letter also followed in the mail that it was due with 7 days strictly.
And that has been it.
Our site supervisor then organised delay notifications on our build due to no electricity on site and that there was a delay on the frame (which I found another reviewer received the exact same letters), even though we organised electricity for the site.
Our initial site supervisor was difficult to contact and would rarely call back, making out that the delays were due to our fault and lack of electricity.
We then got another site supervisor who advised us there was a massive delay in frames due to "no one wants to work. Haven't you seen the news?". We were told the frame would be delivered on the 17th of March. This day came and went, and had we not called the site supervisor, we would not have been advised that delivery would now be the 13th of April.
Once again, this date came and went and we're then told 100%, the frame would be delivered in 2 weeks, either the 3rd, 4th or 5th of May, but this would be confirmed the Wednesday before at his office day. We phoned him 5 times, had our administrator email him on the Wednesday, and no reply.
We have now received a call from our 3rd site supervisor who had advised that he will be helping to rectify this absolutely ridiculous delay and situation, however I'm sure people can appreciate after what has been happening the past year onwards, we are yet to put our faith until we can see something actually happen or be in concrete.
On top of the delays, our engineered plans had our slab noted with 29 concrete piers. Luckily, we live close to our build and found that there was only 6 piers dug our and poured. We brought this up with the site supervisor who said he had no idea and to talk to the office. We contacted the office who said we would need confirmation from the builder to make the variation. Contacted our supervisor again who said he had no idea pretty much.
Once we got the 2nd site supervisor, he told us this variation would need to be written up via email, and cc him in. This was done. We are yet to receive any confirmation about our variation, what compensation we will be receiving and when the amount will be deducted.

What was supposed to be such an exciting experience has become an absolutely nightmare, leaving us completely in limbo. Despite how many times we have asked prior to our current supervisor, to speak to an area manager, we have been completely avoided by our previous site supervisors. Our fingers are crossed our latest supervisor can follow through with his promises.

We would not recommend JG King this far with our experience, especially when we have had friends slabs poured at the same time are close to finishing their houses with other builders.

CURRENT STATUS - Not finished, surprise suprise! And we also had staff from JG King try to tell us that our CONTRACT had the incorrect engineered drawings, but the pricing was right for only 6 piers, and we are not entitled to a variation. I had to provide evidence and FORCE them to have the estimators look at it again after admin being rude and demeaning as though they know better. Came back after 2 weeks with a variation but no apology or explanation.

We are also not onto our 4TH SITE SUPERVISOR. House has been sitting with nothing done for over a month.

MY King are on top of their invoices though! Section of our wall upstairs that needed the boards to be rendered hadn't been installed, but we still received an invoice for lock up stage. Advise accounts of This via the phone, told us that our supervisor agreed house was not at lock up. That weekend someone came out to do it. Accounts then kindly sent us photos to advise the house WAS at lock up stage and our 7 day terms still applied and advised of the interest charged despite knowing at time of invoicing the house wasn't. They then claimed we were lying and made out as if we weren't going to pay which we did promptly every other time.

Then with Fix up stage, sent out the invoice, stupidly we paid, but wait! The house isn't actually completely the fix up stage!

Please to those reading, you do not get these reviews regarding the running of companies on other builders. Sure a bad trade might screw up your paint, scratch something, but it's fixable.

The management and running of this builder is appaling. We get the run around constantly, it seems so many others have the same, their customer service is disgusting and disappointing to have your husband call your supervisor 2 to 3 times a day for over a week, then I call from my number he wouldn't have an answers within 2 rings?

For your own peace of mind, take into consideration the reviews. I wish I had bothered to look prior to signing up.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry and disappointed to hear this. Can you please provide your job number? We would like the opportunity to investigate this further.

JG King Homes

Sure, it's 1509MLA115. Please don't use any excuses the "supervisors" continue to feed us. Waiting on your call.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Christine, Thank you for providing further information. We understand you have been in contact with our Construction Manager and all concerns have been addressed. Again, we apologise for the ... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2015

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

We have 3 issues which I believe to be fixed under warranty.
1 - Solar Panels on roof are leaking - existing valve which was faulty.- cost $404.35 to fix.
2. Ensuite shower - still leaking - rotted skirting. Trade Supplier mentioned this is building issue. - PM should contact with JG king but this is issue from 3rd July (Now it's 5th Sep.)
3. PM reported that the bedroom door was mean to be fixed by builder (June 2017) - now totally useless and off hings - Since no reply from JG King by Aug, I asked PM to arrange to fix. It costs $330.

It looks like our PM struggle to contact with JG KING and all maintenance request come to us.
I'm not sure this is PM issue or JG KING issue. I will update this issue.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Regarding 2, shower leaking, JG KING came and fixed but again it has started leaking. Due to this our tenant is moving again. Our property manager tried to contact with JG KING from the online maintenance request.- no one replied.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Mami, Thank you for your review. We understand that your concerns have been addressed and you have been in communication with our construction team. Following on from your previous messages, t... read more »

Now previous tenant lodged a counter-claim for compensation at VCAT due to this shower leak. I’ve sent a mail to JG KING to send us details how / when fix this issue. Much appreciated for the quick response.

Mernda

• 2 answers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Unprofessional, disgraceful service. Considering legal advice it's that bad.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Please take notice of the reviews. It was too late for us as we signed up and didn't read the reviews until our problems started.

We signed up with jgking back in October 2016. The very misleading sales rep. Found our land and contacted the real estate agent to tell them she was sending us over to purchase the land. She sold us the dream. We were so excited and grateful for all her help that after we signed up we returned with champagne and chocolates to say thank you.

When doing our colour selection and tender documents we discovered most of the dream we were sold was far from accurate. The colours lady was less than efficient and far from knowledgable. Much of what she finally typed up was incorrect. I went to Reece to look at the taps and sink I was getting. Reece were great. Advised me the colour consultant had advised us to choose a mixer that would not fit the basin!! Chatting away and she tells me the kitchen sink is not designed to be an inset. Silly me says yes it is, look she write it here. The Reece lady actually called the manufacturer so that I could hear how very wrong this was. If I explained all the errors and dramas with the colours lady I'd be here for days. The tender lady was arrogant and rude and refused to go through the tender with my partner telling him it was all standard and just to take it home and sign it. Very unprofessional.
Now we move on to dealing with the build supervisor. He refused to reply to any of my partners emails but I could write the exact message and get a reply. The communication soon stopped. We would ask what the hold up was as the build was not starting. No response. No returned phone calls. It's a cash build so no issue with payments from us either. Then last Friday night I get an email from the general manager at 5 to 5 to say they under quoted and are cancelling the contract. Not even the professional courtesy of a phone call. Just an impersonal email at 4.55pm on a Friday night How disgusting is that!! We still don't have answers. No replies to our questions as to why or what went wrong. It's nearly 12 months since signing up with them. Still waiting on a refund of our deposit monies. We were advised by another builder to seek compensation. We thought we would wait and find out what the issues were but when they can't even do that you think maybe you should make time to see a lawyer. Don't ignore the reviews.

17 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Disappointed,

We too are very disappointed to hear this. Can you please provide your contact details or lot address. We would like to investigate this matter further.

JG King Homes

Thank you for your very standard and impersonal response. We did not expect anything more. I don't think it's appropriate to provide addresses or contact details here. I'm sure if you gave tha... read more »

JG King Homes Official

Hi Disappointed, Please forward your details to complaints@jgking.com.au. We have multiple managers across the state and cannot determine who is managing your specific build if further details are... read more »

GEELONG

• 3 comments

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

DO NOT BUILD WITH JG KING Geelong - your nightmare starts here!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Terrible workmanship and even worse customer service from all involved with JG KING Geelong. We are now over our contractual completion date, defects list not being competed after 3 re inspections, house quality is extremely poor and no one cares.

Save yourself the heartache and stay away from JG KING.

In attempts to seek help in this situation I have contacted the Victorian Building Manager and Director
of JG KING who have not cared enough to get in contact with a disappointed client. Speaks volumes about their customer service.

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Bee,

Thank you for your review. Can you please provide your contact details or lot address so we can look into this further?

Email: Beebee352@gmail.com

I am still awaiting any sort of response from JG King.

SUNBURY

• 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Disappointment and frustration from all angles

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Attention: JGKing Homes

Please find the following Comments in regards to our home that is not completed
Starting date was around 29th of September 2016.

We the Family customer are greatly disappointed with the build and quality that has been put forward with our new home that is now overdue to be handed over as of the 16th of June 2017.
The house has seen nothing but poor management and tradesman that just don’t care about the finished result in our eyes. With the constant lack of communication from our first site manager this was only the start of the triggering down turn in the experience we have now had.
Your company gave us an office contact to deal with for the first few weeks but after that when she left the company another was never given. We are still yet to see a starting date letter and a set finish date in writing but had it confirmed via a manager over the phone in April. It got to the point where I was not getting any updates from the site supervisor at one point and only because I was heading to work late and drove past I seen him there he had to talk to me about the house.

It would have also seemed that the supervisor would like to invoice a stage as completed when the job was not and then agree that we didn’t have to pay yet but then not pass on that to your accounts area.
After talking to the Accounts manager of the area he also agreed on a poor performance from their end and assured me that the house would be done within 4 weeks after sharing what is this disappointing history. But this was not to be true as the job is now 8 to 9 weeks from that talk with no end set.

Currently we have had a reduce in contact from our current site supervisor and this might be due to when we have had site visits with him all I seem to do is point out the poor work within each area of this house. With the poor tradesman that have been to our job it is clear that JGKing do not pride themselves of quality work like is displayed when shown through display homes that lead to sign on and expect the best also.
I could go on for pages about how I feel about having to even write this but I won’t, below is the list of problems that we have seen from start to currently waiting.

We had been told that the home would be finished and given a confirmation from the site supervisor who booked all trades at the time to complete that we would be in by the end of June. Now we are into July and I have had to move out of the rental property and fit a family of 5 into 2 bedroom at a family home.
Also we have needed to encounter further costs to store furniture as we do not have enough room at the place we had to quickly shift to. This has caused us a young family much problems and will affect our day to day living with limited clothing now on hand.

We are deeply disappointed now more than ever that we have chosen to build with your company and cannot wait for this pain staking experience to end.

Issues noted from site inspections with ‘[name removed]’ Supervisor 1/7/2017 @ 9.00am
‘Past and present problems’

1. Laundry tile above sink are 400mm high not 200mm as per contract.
2. Sliding doors do not hold the Australia standard stamp with thickness provided to me regulations
3. 15amp external junction box not finished to see power to septic area
4. Start commencement letter never received when requested as per contract
5. Alarm System has not been installed
6. Plaster boards found to be water damaged due to no bricks or doors fitted in the garage area. Plasters came back to patch these damaged walls and still didn’t replace both walls.
7. No rear garage door fitted as per 1/7/2017 weather is still making its way onto walls
8. Front doors had been fitted with no sealant/painted to waterproof them from frame stage. Also damaged and needing to be replaced – contract states temp doors must be fitted. They were not.
9. Man whole covered by roller door runner – unable to safely get into the roof or open the door as it is blocked.
10. Bricks have not been cleaned on the inside wall of the garage area.
11. Due to an incorrect slab the roller door has a 30-40mm gap under it because the door cannot close lower from sides having a step in concrete.
12. Missing Kitchen cabinets – we had been told from the date the kitchen went in they were damaged on deliver, wrong colour, here next week and then confirmed they had been missed due to not on the plans. So all the answers we were given were just lies.
13. Gutter socks never fitted and water has been seen to be getting in past the waterproof external wrap before bricks had been fitted. Also this has then meant that the water has been dropping next to the slab during the whole build
14. Veranda frame fitted 130mm to low with not enough upright post’s – 4 missing from front of the house as per the contract.
15. Plaster work reflect the quality of the fitters with 75% of the house seen to have issues that can been seen from the standard distance to meet standards.
16. Bathroom light switch installed in towel rack area not on correct wall
17. Meter box not painted the same colour as roof as per contract.
18. Crack in cement under meter box within a 5 weeks of wall being bricked
19. Rear garage door painted white – incorrect colour Ref contract
20. Septic line damaged due to truck driving over it when kitchen was installed – replaced at cost to owner
21. Power was not put run into slab when boxed up for concreters to do job the night before. Found by owner who then contact the site supervisor to inform him and told it is out of my hands and the slab is booked. If you want it in you will have to do it. Owner had to get a machine to dig the power back in then run into the slab area. Was owners job to run to house area only and JGKing to see it installed (4 hours labour never settled)
22. Water was not trenched away from the house area – water would sit against slab and site supervisor due to not contacting did not see this correct – owner had to drain away after endless times trying to inform problem
23. 50mm of flex found in the double show due to 5mm think glass installed over a room span that is clearly making it unsafe in an environment that will see children use the shower. This is unsafe and must be changed. Shower door also not fitted to open to correct side as per contract.
24. Rivets found not installed correctly in shower screen.
25. Door found to be not closing straight and un-even gaps on single/double doors
26. Skirting boards still not fitted to walls
27. Cooling system installed but not working to view on inspection
28. Bye folding door runner broken due to low bolt in runner
29. Windows found to leak water when heavy rain hits from angle.
30. Window found to have 20mm hole between brick and window frame that was not filled when bricked or corked.
31. Feature wall found to be not straight and clearly visible to the eye now that floors are fitted
32. Veranda not completed and holding up the plumber and electrical work to be completed. This should have been done months ago and not before the final walk through that has still not happened.
33. Driveway and Veranda area not concreted at front of the house.
34. Internal plumbing not completed.
35. Septic vent pipe was left in wall around 1200mm high and not run out the roof until June after we pointed it out to the supervisor that there was a pipe in the wall that was now plastered in and bricked from outside.
36. Left over frame and screws left in grass and not cleaned up – Owner cleaned area due to fire danger of long grass. A bucket of roofing screws left in grass with steel.
37. First site clean of the area was done at the fix stage
38. Lights left on in the house by trades

These are my visual and some past issue to give an idea of the pain this build has taken on use the customer. As a customer I should not be the one to point out such issues with the way JGKing operates to see homes completed within the set time frame or to a standard that is set within the building codes of each trade.
To be told that tradesman do not want to attend our home because of where it is has also be an excuse pasted on to us the customer. JGKing seem to limit the trade’s people to the point where they must be unable to uphold quality work at the finish product. I would make one suggestion and look local for home as this would surely help to see them done faster and on time.

I expect to hear a real answers on the above and more as this is the home that was meant to be completed for a family to live in not look at from a distance.

Many thanks to
@JGKinghomes

17 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 24 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Absolute rubbish, terrible company

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

After signing with JG King in March 2016 we are still awaiting on handover and are now 10 weeks over contract.
The $250 they are paying in liquidated damages does not even come close to covering rent and the house has no end date in sight.
We are so stressed about this build, the workmanship is poor and no respect given to building of these homes that people put their hard earned dollars into.
I'm not sure what is worse, the workmanship or the communication on behalf of JG King. No weekly updates as promised, and even calling the head office every half an hour and speaking to area manager we are still up in the air.
Do not bother wasting your money on this company unless you are planning to move into your new home in 5 years time!

24 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Boak, Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry to hear about your situation. We'd like the opportunity to look into your concerns and address them. Could you please email your job number and ... read more »

I have already contacted them via the complaints and have not received a reply, this is beyond a joke.
Nothing is happening, no communication and no house!

JG King Homes Official

Hi Boak, Thank you for letting us know, we've followed up and can confirm that your complaint has been received, and that your Site Supervisor and our Building Manager have been in contact with yo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

I cannot believe our nightmare is happening to everyone commenting on this site!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I'm speechless in how JG King are literally ruining people's lives by agreeing to build you a home and don't deliver it.
Reading that everyone is being told their house is held up, lack of tradesmen, swapping of staff, lies, no contact, blackmail, time extensions, and many many mistakes... I can't even deal with it anymore, ready to jump.
Our home started in January, after contacts signed last 2016, a site scrap, concrete was to be poured a week later.... it was finally done in march with so much stress and no one telling us what is the hold up. Haha sick, lack of trade, sick, weather, then after the concrete to be done it will be smooth sailing.... haha when you start to believe this crap!! The frame doesn't get delivered for 6 weeks, finally arrives and we are practically living onsite waiting for someone to erect the frame, takes almost 4 weeks for the guys to even turn up, seriously? Its our second home with JG King, in 4 years really has hit the ground, and I don't think they will be around for long.

We have a roof finally in the last few days and electrical was done today. It's really horrible and I don't even know how we are going to get through to an end, my husband and two babies, are going mental being without a home living from family to family trying to keep out of the car. I've tried to contact the area manager and he either doesn't have information or won't reply. He called me once, he said he will most likely go over the contract period. That will then be 12 months to build a single story basic home. It's really unacceptable this day and age. I can't even go to report everything we have been through in the last 20 months, it has changed my life in a bad way. I will probably end up bricking my own home just so it gets done! Completely speechless, I feel like we are trap, and no one is hearing us. Don't choose this company, expensive, no voice, and unfair.

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Samantha, We are sorry to hear about your experience and the way this has left you feeling. We would like the opportunity to further investigate the issues you have raised in you review, howev... read more »

I have already spoke and written to head office, all I got offered was that apparently your company understand my frustrations and we will do our best to get our house moving. Priority and look in... read more »

more headaches.

Melton South

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Don't build your home with JG King....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

We are building a 28 SQM house in Melton South (Artherstone) with JG King Homes. It has been started on September 2017 and suppose to be finished by 12th April 2017. From end of December till now builders are saying to us that it will be finished by next month but still we didn't get our house yet. From January 2017 till now they did only work for 10 days only in total. My daughter born in February 2017 and informed them before please try to finish our house by end of January and our supervisor promised me he will definitely finish it before that. Now my daughter is 3 months old and our rental lease is finished yesterday and we did let them know 2 months before and still waiting for our house. Now my mom and my in laws are here with a three months old daughter don't have any place to live in. When I asked for a date for handover of our house they said that definitely they will finish it by End of April 2017 and will give us $250 per week as our contract date to handover our house was 12th April 2017. For last two weeks they work for 1 days only. And I did call my supervisor and site manager couple of times between this two weeks to know what's going on but they never answer my phone. It's really hard to belive we live in Australia and these things happen with us. Still it's 27th April 2017 and haven't get any date of handover our house yet. Whenever I emailed it to them they said that they will give us $250 per week as a compensation and we just asked one thing from them please give us a date and every time for last four months they are saying it end of this month which hasn't been come yet. Now with my family and in laws are here we don't have any place to live in but the only thing they let us know they will pay us $250 per week. If I can do the same things with them then they can understand how does it works to live in here in Melbourne without any place to stay with 5 adults and a 3 month old daughter. ...And tell them we gonna give you $250 per week. This builder is a nightmare to us. Take our advice don't build your home with JG King Homes, cause at the end of the day they will lie to you what they are doing with us for last four months. You are not building your home for free and at the end of the day it's you who gonna suffer this problem which is created by JG King.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Kazi, Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear about the situation you've described. We'd like to find out some further information so that we can address your concerns. Can you please ... read more »

01/05/17 updates.....called my sales rep from JG King homes and tell him what's going on. He advise me to send him that email which indicates that dates which was end of April. I did forward that e... read more »

Melbourne, VIC

• 6 comments
  • 15 helpful votes

Long Build Time, Poor Service, Quality and Workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

I am dealing with JG King homes in Geelong since July 2016 to build a custom 13.5 Sq home (only a single story with 3 bedrooms and single garage for $15,300 per Sq ?!?!)

Based on their promises about the completion of the concrete slab before Dec 2016 I have paid the initial deposit on 02 Sep 2016 and provided all the required information and documents without any hesitation.

And guess what !?! We are in Mid April 2017 and there is no sign of slab due to their negligence.

Their excuse is, it is a custom home and it is complicated for us!!!
And I am asking them if you are not competent about building 13.5 Sq single story home why did you accept a custom built.

If you care about your time and money stay away from JG King.

Stay tuned if you like to hear about VCAT decision.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Hayden, Thank you for your feedback. We'd like the opportunity to look into your concerns and address them promptly. Could you please email your job number and contact details to complaints@j... read more »

Stop handballing this, I have already emailed all the details to complaints@jgking.com.au

My contact details is 0406474190
And I am more than happy to talk to the public about your service.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Hayden, Thank you for your comments. We've checked in with complaints who've confirmed they've received your complaint. We understand that the Area Manager for your region has been in touch... read more »

Torquay

• 12 comments
  • 6 answers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Early dissapointment.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Well I signed up with JG KING in October 2016 to build in Torquay. The site cut was completed in the first week in March 2017. The slab was meant to be poured on the 23rd March 2017. Still not done. Some ten days later I ring the site supervisor as he didn't bother to call me. He said that their concreter made an error digging too close to next doors garage. I wondered why he hadn't called me to advise me. Every time I had to call their office the staff ignore your calls and one in particular is rude. I am regretting signing with them already and haven't even started properly yet. I swish I had have listened to people who warned me. For the record the sales guy [name removed] has been very good throughout the process but I shouldn't have to annoy him to follow staff up at the office. On a positive , I cannot speak highly of [name removed] who was friendly helpful and patient with me selecting my colours. JG King management, your staff need some training in customer service...eg. how to follow up , keep people informed and remember who pays their wages.

August 6th 2017 Update: Where's my original review?

Firstly where is my original review? Secondly why are the good reviews on this snail paced builder have no names most of the time? I doubt whether there have been excellent experiences. Maybe the persons who run this blog should confirm it's not the builder giving themselves good reviews. I was attempting to keep informing people about my build but it's like watching paint dry and mistakes made continue to slow things up. They promise to be transparent and keep you informed but that doesn't last long, if you don't call nothing happens. It's ironic how there's an excellent review with a build date by 2019. Do you really think we are stupid?

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Mizzz, Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately I'm unable to identify the job from your comments, however we'd like the opportunity to look into your concerns and address them promptly. Co... read more »

I have been quick in responding and would like to see you explain yourself on here for all to view.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Mizzz, We acknowledge receipt of your complaint. While your account is not what we would like to hear, we're glad that you have taken the time to air your concerns. We've requested a senior... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Don't Build With J G King!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

This is the first time I have ever bothered to make a comment on a builder, or any product review for that matter.
However I feel after many months of being lied to, given incorrect information, dealing with errors and mistakes, yelled at down the phone by a site manager and currently been made to wait months with no progress due to complete incompetence, I should share my unpleasant experience and warn others why not to build with J G King and how this company treats its customers.
We actually signed up with J G King back in December 2015, over a period of months we built a reasonable rapport with our sales person [name removed]. He was accommodating making tweaks, alterations and incorporating our ideas into an existing floor plan. We then dealt with an administration assistant [name removed] who was handling our project, in complete contrast, she made mistake after mistake, errors to our plans, failure to correct inclusions and exclusions. In fact we went to our colours and tiles appointments and they had plans for a house that wasn't even ours. This then resulted in our job falling way behind for a start date, through no fault of ours. In addition the the draftsperson handling our job, although given very clear instructions… had to redraw our plans 5 times due to their constant mistakes.
Our land in Doreen titled back on 4th October 2016. Then we wait and we wait, whilst they try to sort out the mess due to their administrative dept issues. Then finally on 21st November 2106 we duly pay up our deposit and sign our contracts with [name removed], who seems to be switched on and knows her job. Although we had reservations due to the constant errors already made and issues with staff and administration, we were hopeful that we were over the worst of it…not the case. The then Victorian state manager, [name removed] gave us a guarantee that our job would be a priority and that we would be on site before Christmas. Unfortunately more lies …no work commences and the manager ups and resigns. Also our site supervisor [name removed] goes off work for a medical procedure, and we are allocated a temporary supervisor [name removed], who apparently has no idea of our job or details and gives us a run around, saying he's not actually handling our job and hasn't got time to meet with us.
So after the Xmas shut down, we are anxious for things to get started as most of our neighbours builds are well under way. So work finally commences…

Site cut 12 Jan 2017
Piers poured 24 Jan 2017
Plumbing/stormwater 30 Jan 2017
Slab poured 14 Feb 2017

Now you’d think things are moving …BUT the day our slab is poured I notice pipework for a toilet is missing from the slab and immediately advise our temp site supervisor. He then also informs me that ‘someone’ forgot to order our framework and it won't be delivered until 28 March. Another 6 weeks of time wasted due to incompetence. It seems the only department in this company that are quick to act is their accounts department, invoices are sent within 24 hours and are to be strictly paid in 7 days or you'll be penalised, regardless of whether work is completed or satisfactory. On 15th Feb we contact the site manager, [name removed], who tells us the plumbing is a small issue and that it will be fixed within the week and that yes the framework was forgotten to be ordered by our first site supervisor due to his operation, and to be a bit more considerate of his predicament..
Really? Sure I feel for the guy. But be professional, this is a multimillion dollar company and work must continue, don’t these people communicate with each other and hand over job details before heading off on leave?
We then purposefully don’t make any contact for a month, waiting to see what's going to happen.
Then out of the blue, I get a phone call on March 23rd from [name removed] he informs me he's our new site supervisor
( number 3). He seems ok, however at this point he has yet to deliver on any promises.
So I wait until the 28th March, (the day the framework is supposed to be delivered), to call the site manager [name removed] to ask what’s been happening for the last 4 weeks. He starts by saying he wasn't aware that plumbing issue hasn't been rectified. Once again no communication. At no stage does he offer any empathy, explanations, apology or offer to fix things. He is intent on speaking over the top of me, shouting down the phone and serving me sarcasm buy saying ‘perhaps you should be the site supervisor” ..”you have no idea what we are doing”.
Now this guy is supposed to be a senior manager with this company. How totally unprofessional, he seems to forget that I’m spending a lot of money with his employer for them to build us a house. So after heated discussions, it seems the best form of communication is email and text, and that way there’s proof of the lies we have been told, as they seem to deny anything that was said verbally. He then texts me to say the plumbing issue will be rectified by the end of the week (and no it's not been done) and that he wasn't shouting...he was on blue tooth. Um yeah right...I think we all know when someone isn't listening and raises their voice loudly over the top of yours that's called shouting.
( As I'm writing this still no repair to the missing plumbing or frame delivery as of 2nd April 2017).
To add insult to injury, we have now received 2 letters from J G King, both unsigned with no contact details saying that the intend to add 2 weeks to the build time, due to nil supply of frame from supplier and no electricity on site. Both complete lies, as the order for the frame was actually forgotten to be placed, and electricity is available to every other house in the street, its just these tradesmen haven't bothered to connect the meter box.
So at this stage 4 ½ months after signing a contract (21/11/16) we have an incomplete slab that needs to have plumbing added, no framework, and every other house started around the same time or after ours is at lock up stage. With summer now behind us as we head into autumn and winter, I wonder if their next excuses will be bad weather, after they sat for months and did nothing.
It’s interesting now to read all the other comments on this site about how slow their work is. I don't know if J G King have a shortage of tradesmen or what the problem is as we have observed other homes they are building in our area are progressing very slowly.
I shall be updating this blog when work actually commences to give further insight into time frames, quality of workmanship, and inevitable other issues.
I hope this gives other customers an insight as to how this company operates and treats its valued customers. I’ll be interested to see if I hear back from their complaints department.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update: I sent a copy of this review to the J G King complaints dept. For easy identification I included my name, phone number, email address and contract/job details 3 days ago and asked them to c... read more »

JG King Homes Official

Hi Harpet, I’m sorry to read your comments regarding your experience and the current delays with your build. We have certainly received your complaint, and would like to take this opportunity to... read more »

Still Waiting..No phone call,No email..... It's now Tuesday morning and still no contact from J.G .King after an insincere apology and false promise to communicate with me.Just further confirms... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2015

Absolutely appalling quality and customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2016

Damaged flooring was replaced with different batches - now they are mismatched. Builder won't replace them - has now been escalated to VCAT. Cracks in walls after 6 months, shoddy plaster joins throughout the house, glue and paint stains all over the floor that can be removed. Complete disinterest from maintenance team - will not take any responsibility, regardless of the fact that they originally admitted fault with items.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rebecca, We highly value feedback from our customers, even when the news is not good. While we strive to build quality homes, we appreciate that sometimes things do not go according to plan ... read more »

melbourne

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2013

Sub Standard Quality of workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

I have recently moved into my purchased townhouse that was built by JG King Homes just over 3 years ago.
After living in it for few months, I have discovered numerous issues with the workmanship of the place. I have contacted JG King Homes customer service to express my concerns. After being contacted by one of JG King Homes staff members and explaining my issues, I was given a bunch of phone numbers of the trades concerned. I was told by the JG King Homes staff, I would have to chase and deal with the trades myself.
Upon contacting the disgruntled trades, they practically didn't want to have anything to do with me after detailed complaints how JG King Homes didn't pay on time, etc.
I have written back to JG King Homes to seek assistance and try to fix these issues amicably but to no avail.
I have no choice but to take this further to try to sort out these issues...
Extremely disappointed JG King Homes!!!!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Disappointed, Thank you for providing your feedback, we're sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. We would appreciate the opportunity to contact you to discuss further, could you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Highly unproffesional and highly understaffed -"STAY AWAY FROM THEM"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

We are in our final stage of construction with this builder and we regret every moment of signing with them , we are in our 11th month of construction and looks like they are going to take another 2 months to finish a single storey house.
If anyone is looking for a builder who can build in 15 months they are the right builder for you.
1) They are highly unprofessional they do not return your calls for weeks
2) workmanship is poor lot of defects everywhere
3) understaffed - lot of good tradies have left their company
4) Disorganised - The supervisors and construction managers don't know what they are doing , they have the wrong floor plans and construction is a disaster
5) We signed up for a different mizu spa bath and they installed a completely different one without even notifying us
Word of Advise "STAY AWAY FROM THEM"

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Dheeraj, Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately I'm unable to identify you from your comments, however we'd like the opportunity to look into your concerns and address them promptly. Coul... read more »

Hi Dheeraj,

I understand that you are now working with our Area Manager directly after meeting with him in our Melbourne office and going through your concerns.

Kind regards,

Gippsland

• 12 helpful votes

How can anyone give this builder anything over a 2 star

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2016

Customer service, what a joke!!! 7 years in still having problems, cracks in walls, my agent tells me not just my house but other houses they have have same problems, there is no QUALITY!!! In customer service or their contractors cheap build get your money and move on.
How anyone can give this builder 4 star is beyond me, they must work for the builder, I have built 2 houses with them,
Build with steel because it's strong yeah right, just a gimmick!!! Already been back to reinforce the ceiling stop movement, my poor tenants have to be careful of where to place their meals so they don't get plaster in their food.
The supervisor when I questioned him about how clean the place was, with the sawdust in window sills and door runners, his response was they don't get paid much so must be quick, this gives you the idea on tradespeople they must employ.
Save yourself the stress, speak to an structural engineer find out from them who the quality builders are and build with quality builder.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Edd, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would like the opportunity to further investigate the issues you have raised in you review, however we’re unable to identify you from your ... read more »

email sent

JG King Homes Official

Hi Edd, Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you have some issues with your property that are being addressed by our Maintenance team, who are following up with further site i... read more »

Australia

Verified Customer

3 years after handover but the pre-handover items are still pending with no response

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

It's more than 3 years after the handover of a new house in Feb 2013. However, the things supposed to be fixed before handover are still pending. Same thing repeated at the first inspection (3 months) and other maintenance requests. Finally, on 06 Aug 2015 the supervisor came and had a look at the pending items and confirmed that it'll be done by "next week", but same old story! No handrails installed on the stairs, my little child fell down from the stairs twice, but no injury by God's grace. Also noticed birds going inside the roof and upon inspecting using a ladder, I found a big hole between roof and ceiling, reported that to the maintenance team on 13 Nov 2015, but no reply at all! No matter how much you follow up no response at all, it's pathetic!!! Very prompt to follow up payments, but I don't see that interest in anything else!!!

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi J A, We are sorry to hear that your experience has left you feeling this way. We would like the opportunity to further investigate the maintenance issues you have listed above, however we’re un... read more »

Forwarded my previous maintenance requests email to complaints@jgking.com.au on 01/05/2016

Received an email request from Warranty Co-ordinator on 04/05/2016 to arrange an inspection for 09/05/2016 (Monday)

1 of 12 pages