WANGARATTA

Fabulous build in Wangaratta

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I can not fault the JG King team that built my Fabulous new home. From the Salesman [name removed], admin [name removed] and my supervisor [name removed], I received fantastic customer service. I had plenty of people tell me I'm crazy for building as it is so stressful. Not with these guys I loved it that much I'm about to build again (with JG Kings)
Even the Area Manager contacted me regularly to ensure I was happy with the build. My home is absolutely stunning!

• 2 comments
  • 16 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

I cannot believe our nightmare is happening to everyone commenting on this site!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I'm speechless in how JG King are literally ruining people's lives by agreeing to build you a home and don't deliver it.
Reading that everyone is being told their house is held up, lack of tradesmen, swapping of staff, lies, no contact, blackmail, time extensions, and many many mistakes... I can't even deal with it anymore, ready to jump.
Our home started in January, after contacts signed last 2016, a site scrap, concrete was to be poured a week later.... it was finally done in march with so much stress and no one telling us what is the hold up. Haha sick, lack of trade, sick, weather, then after the concrete to be done it will be smooth sailing.... haha when you start to believe this crap!! The frame doesn't get delivered for 6 weeks, finally arrives and we are practically living onsite waiting for someone to erect the frame, takes almost 4 weeks for the guys to even turn up, seriously? Its our second home with JG King, in 4 years really has hit the ground, and I don't think they will be around for long.

We have a roof finally in the last few days and electrical was done today. It's really horrible and I don't even know how we are going to get through to an end, my husband and two babies, are going mental being without a home living from family to family trying to keep out of the car. I've tried to contact the area manager and he either doesn't have information or won't reply. He called me once, he said he will most likely go over the contract period. That will then be 12 months to build a single story basic home. It's really unacceptable this day and age. I can't even go to report everything we have been through in the last 20 months, it has changed my life in a bad way. I will probably end up bricking my own home just so it gets done! Completely speechless, I feel like we are trap, and no one is hearing us. Don't choose this company, expensive, no voice, and unfair.

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Samantha, We are sorry to hear about your experience and the way this has left you feeling. We would like the opportunity to further investigate the issues you have raised in you review, howev... read more »

I have already spoke and written to head office, all I got offered was that apparently your company understand my frustrations and we will do our best to get our house moving. Priority and look in... read more »

more headaches.

Melton South

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Don't build your home with JG King....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

We are building a 28 SQM house in Melton South (Artherstone) with JG King Homes. It has been started on September 2017 and suppose to be finished by 12th April 2017. From end of December till now builders are saying to us that it will be finished by next month but still we didn't get our house yet. From January 2017 till now they did only work for 10 days only in total. My daughter born in February 2017 and informed them before please try to finish our house by end of January and our supervisor promised me he will definitely finish it before that. Now my daughter is 3 months old and our rental lease is finished yesterday and we did let them know 2 months before and still waiting for our house. Now my mom and my in laws are here with a three months old daughter don't have any place to live in. When I asked for a date for handover of our house they said that definitely they will finish it by End of April 2017 and will give us $250 per week as our contract date to handover our house was 12th April 2017. For last two weeks they work for 1 days only. And I did call my supervisor and site manager couple of times between this two weeks to know what's going on but they never answer my phone. It's really hard to belive we live in Australia and these things happen with us. Still it's 27th April 2017 and haven't get any date of handover our house yet. Whenever I emailed it to them they said that they will give us $250 per week as a compensation and we just asked one thing from them please give us a date and every time for last four months they are saying it end of this month which hasn't been come yet. Now with my family and in laws are here we don't have any place to live in but the only thing they let us know they will pay us $250 per week. If I can do the same things with them then they can understand how does it works to live in here in Melbourne without any place to stay with 5 adults and a 3 month old daughter. ...And tell them we gonna give you $250 per week. This builder is a nightmare to us. Take our advice don't build your home with JG King Homes, cause at the end of the day they will lie to you what they are doing with us for last four months. You are not building your home for free and at the end of the day it's you who gonna suffer this problem which is created by JG King.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Kazi, Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear about the situation you've described. We'd like to find out some further information so that we can address your concerns. Can you please ... read more »

01/05/17 updates.....called my sales rep from JG King homes and tell him what's going on. He advise me to send him that email which indicates that dates which was end of April. I did forward that e... read more »

Mildura

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2014

Left me dissapointed.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

The initial build with JG King Mildura went without major issues and progressed well. The problems started after handover. A number of items needed repairs at our 3 month maintenance period. This is completely understandable and expected. Unfortunately, some of the items took too long to repair and many, many attempts to repair the faults. I will say however that the site supervisor was good and made arrangements to repair most of the issues that I had. The remaining items I was told were within tolerances or simply ignored. An example of this is a leaking toilet. I have found though that wedging a deodorant stick in the cistern to stop the hose pulling on the valve has eliminated the leak. Movement has caused issues with cracking and gaps requiring a number of visits by tradies to fix up. I have lost count on the number of times I would need to leave work to let tradies into the house for repairs. The site supervisor was pretty good and sent painters out a number of times before telling me that enough was enough.

Unfortunately, in my opinion the quality of the repairs have been below an acceptable level. From handover, leaks were present in both showers took 2 years to resolve. This has caused water damage to walls and carpets. Walls have been patched up however this is unnoticeable. The carpet in the master bedroom that is on the other side of the leaking shower has turned black underneath and carpet tack strip has rotted. Following replacement of the underlay throughout the hose (incorrect underlay was installed) carpets are still loose and not secured down at a number of sections throughout the house. Two and half years after handover, we are still waiting on carpets to be properly repaired. The paintwork and patch ups throughout the house is below my expectations and I have found it frustrating that a number of times, tradies have attended to make a repair and instead caused further damage e.g small holes placed in ceiling while fixing a loose air con register. This was not a huge issue but took close to 12 months to patch and paint holes.

I’ve lost count of the number of times our cavity sliding doors had to be repainted due to screws in the cavity scratching the surface. A warning that to anyone that is getting awning windows, make sure you upgrade the window winders. These are of poor quality. The casing buckles if you wind the window too tight, making it very difficult to open or close the window. The suggestion by the installer was to “smash the casing straight again with a block of timber”. If you are wanting the 'Trent' facade, make sure you check if the render that is shown in the illustration is included in the price. We paid the upgrade price and were told later by our site supervisor that the piers are not rendered. All sales brochures show it as rendered so this is misleading. My overall feeling is that while JG King may have had good intentions, the workmanship of some of the tradies have let them down. The experience of building was not difficult but the inconvenience of everything that followed has made me rethink if I would ever build again.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne, VIC

• 6 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Long Build Time, Poor Service, Quality and Workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

I am dealing with JG King homes in Geelong since July 2016 to build a custom 13.5 Sq home (only a single story with 3 bedrooms and single garage for $15,300 per Sq ?!?!)

Based on their promises about the completion of the concrete slab before Dec 2016 I have paid the initial deposit on 02 Sep 2016 and provided all the required information and documents without any hesitation.

And guess what !?! We are in Mid April 2017 and there is no sign of slab due to their negligence.

Their excuse is, it is a custom home and it is complicated for us!!!
And I am asking them if you are not competent about building 13.5 Sq single story home why did you accept a custom built.

If you care about your time and money stay away from JG King.

Stay tuned if you like to hear about VCAT decision.

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Hayden, Thank you for your feedback. We'd like the opportunity to look into your concerns and address them promptly. Could you please email your job number and contact details to complaints@j... read more »

Stop handballing this, I have already emailed all the details to complaints@jgking.com.au

My contact details is 0406474190
And I am more than happy to talk to the public about your service.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Hayden, Thank you for your comments. We've checked in with complaints who've confirmed they've received your complaint. We understand that the Area Manager for your region has been in touch... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Our Dream Home - Take 2

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

Our original builder had gone into liquidation and we needed to feel in control again.

We've only just started our journey with JG King but we are so impressed with their expertise and guidance so far. We made a call to JG King Head Office as we had seen a house design online that matched our criteria and we wanted some more information. They in turn passed our information to one of their Sales Consultants who rang back the same day and arranged to meet us at the display home we had chosen the following day. Within hours [name removed] had escorted us through the display, talked about the modifications we wanted to make and provided us with an estimate of all the costs involved. Fast forward 2 weeks and [name removed] has tweaked the design, submitted it to Head Office and we have received a call to book an appointment for colours and Tender.

They have been very accommodating in varying the design to suit our needs and very prompt with their information.

We hope this continues through the build.

November 22nd 2017 Update: After a slow start we are now flying

Our first building supervisor who was very easy to deal with but very slow has now been replaced with an absolute gun! [name removed] has never promised and not delivered and has been patient and understanding with all our questions and queries. Couldn't be happier at this point. We should be at lock up well before Christmas which was the goal. Thank you [name removed] we can't wait to see the final product. I will just add that [name removed] in Customer Service has been a great help too - she may not be easy to reach on the phone but she always answers her emails.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi CMS, Thank you for your review and providing an update. We are so pleased to hear that we could turn your building experience around. We look forward to hearing more of your updates! Thank yo... read more »

Torquay

• 12 comments
  • 6 answers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Early dissapointment.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Well I signed up with JG KING in October 2016 to build in Torquay. The site cut was completed in the first week in March 2017. The slab was meant to be poured on the 23rd March 2017. Still not done. Some ten days later I ring the site supervisor as he didn't bother to call me. He said that their concreter made an error digging too close to next doors garage. I wondered why he hadn't called me to advise me. Every time I had to call their office the staff ignore your calls and one in particular is rude. I am regretting signing with them already and haven't even started properly yet. I swish I had have listened to people who warned me. For the record the sales guy [name removed] has been very good throughout the process but I shouldn't have to annoy him to follow staff up at the office. On a positive , I cannot speak highly of [name removed] who was friendly helpful and patient with me selecting my colours. JG King management, your staff need some training in customer service...eg. how to follow up , keep people informed and remember who pays their wages.

August 6th 2017 Update: Where's my original review?

Firstly where is my original review? Secondly why are the good reviews on this snail paced builder have no names most of the time? I doubt whether there have been excellent experiences. Maybe the persons who run this blog should confirm it's not the builder giving themselves good reviews. I was attempting to keep informing people about my build but it's like watching paint dry and mistakes made continue to slow things up. They promise to be transparent and keep you informed but that doesn't last long, if you don't call nothing happens. It's ironic how there's an excellent review with a build date by 2019. Do you really think we are stupid?

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Mizzz, Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately I'm unable to identify the job from your comments, however we'd like the opportunity to look into your concerns and address them promptly. Co... read more »

I have been quick in responding and would like to see you explain yourself on here for all to view.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Mizzz, We acknowledge receipt of your complaint. While your account is not what we would like to hear, we're glad that you have taken the time to air your concerns. We've requested a senior... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Quality Build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

My husband and I signed up to build with JG King well before our land titled. Everyone we dealt with was fantastic until we changed site supervisors half way through the build. Once this happened our house basically had no work done to it for like 3 months!!! As everyone says if you have an awesome site supervisor great which we had an amazing one for the first half but then we got a bad one. By the end of the build we were so damn happy the whole ordeal was over! We love the quality and design of our home but the end of the build not so pleasant dealing with an aggressive, arrogant and unpleasant Site Supervisor who I certainly wouldn't be happy if I had a business with him worker there.

Melbourne

• 5 comments

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Don't Build With J G King!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

This is the first time I have ever bothered to make a comment on a builder, or any product review for that matter.
However I feel after many months of being lied to, given incorrect information, dealing with errors and mistakes, yelled at down the phone by a site manager and currently been made to wait months with no progress due to complete incompetence, I should share my unpleasant experience and warn others why not to build with J G King and how this company treats its customers.
We actually signed up with J G King back in December 2015, over a period of months we built a reasonable rapport with our sales person [name removed]. He was accommodating making tweaks, alterations and incorporating our ideas into an existing floor plan. We then dealt with an administration assistant [name removed] who was handling our project, in complete contrast, she made mistake after mistake, errors to our plans, failure to correct inclusions and exclusions. In fact we went to our colours and tiles appointments and they had plans for a house that wasn't even ours. This then resulted in our job falling way behind for a start date, through no fault of ours. In addition the the draftsperson handling our job, although given very clear instructions… had to redraw our plans 5 times due to their constant mistakes.
Our land in Doreen titled back on 4th October 2016. Then we wait and we wait, whilst they try to sort out the mess due to their administrative dept issues. Then finally on 21st November 2106 we duly pay up our deposit and sign our contracts with [name removed], who seems to be switched on and knows her job. Although we had reservations due to the constant errors already made and issues with staff and administration, we were hopeful that we were over the worst of it…not the case. The then Victorian state manager, [name removed] gave us a guarantee that our job would be a priority and that we would be on site before Christmas. Unfortunately more lies …no work commences and the manager ups and resigns. Also our site supervisor [name removed] goes off work for a medical procedure, and we are allocated a temporary supervisor [name removed], who apparently has no idea of our job or details and gives us a run around, saying he's not actually handling our job and hasn't got time to meet with us.
So after the Xmas shut down, we are anxious for things to get started as most of our neighbours builds are well under way. So work finally commences…

Site cut 12 Jan 2017
Piers poured 24 Jan 2017
Plumbing/stormwater 30 Jan 2017
Slab poured 14 Feb 2017

Now you’d think things are moving …BUT the day our slab is poured I notice pipework for a toilet is missing from the slab and immediately advise our temp site supervisor. He then also informs me that ‘someone’ forgot to order our framework and it won't be delivered until 28 March. Another 6 weeks of time wasted due to incompetence. It seems the only department in this company that are quick to act is their accounts department, invoices are sent within 24 hours and are to be strictly paid in 7 days or you'll be penalised, regardless of whether work is completed or satisfactory. On 15th Feb we contact the site manager, [name removed], who tells us the plumbing is a small issue and that it will be fixed within the week and that yes the framework was forgotten to be ordered by our first site supervisor due to his operation, and to be a bit more considerate of his predicament..
Really? Sure I feel for the guy. But be professional, this is a multimillion dollar company and work must continue, don’t these people communicate with each other and hand over job details before heading off on leave?
We then purposefully don’t make any contact for a month, waiting to see what's going to happen.
Then out of the blue, I get a phone call on March 23rd from [name removed] he informs me he's our new site supervisor
( number 3). He seems ok, however at this point he has yet to deliver on any promises.
So I wait until the 28th March, (the day the framework is supposed to be delivered), to call the site manager [name removed] to ask what’s been happening for the last 4 weeks. He starts by saying he wasn't aware that plumbing issue hasn't been rectified. Once again no communication. At no stage does he offer any empathy, explanations, apology or offer to fix things. He is intent on speaking over the top of me, shouting down the phone and serving me sarcasm buy saying ‘perhaps you should be the site supervisor” ..”you have no idea what we are doing”.
Now this guy is supposed to be a senior manager with this company. How totally unprofessional, he seems to forget that I’m spending a lot of money with his employer for them to build us a house. So after heated discussions, it seems the best form of communication is email and text, and that way there’s proof of the lies we have been told, as they seem to deny anything that was said verbally. He then texts me to say the plumbing issue will be rectified by the end of the week (and no it's not been done) and that he wasn't shouting...he was on blue tooth. Um yeah right...I think we all know when someone isn't listening and raises their voice loudly over the top of yours that's called shouting.
( As I'm writing this still no repair to the missing plumbing or frame delivery as of 2nd April 2017).
To add insult to injury, we have now received 2 letters from J G King, both unsigned with no contact details saying that the intend to add 2 weeks to the build time, due to nil supply of frame from supplier and no electricity on site. Both complete lies, as the order for the frame was actually forgotten to be placed, and electricity is available to every other house in the street, its just these tradesmen haven't bothered to connect the meter box.
So at this stage 4 ½ months after signing a contract (21/11/16) we have an incomplete slab that needs to have plumbing added, no framework, and every other house started around the same time or after ours is at lock up stage. With summer now behind us as we head into autumn and winter, I wonder if their next excuses will be bad weather, after they sat for months and did nothing.
It’s interesting now to read all the other comments on this site about how slow their work is. I don't know if J G King have a shortage of tradesmen or what the problem is as we have observed other homes they are building in our area are progressing very slowly.
I shall be updating this blog when work actually commences to give further insight into time frames, quality of workmanship, and inevitable other issues.
I hope this gives other customers an insight as to how this company operates and treats its valued customers. I’ll be interested to see if I hear back from their complaints department.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update: I sent a copy of this review to the J G King complaints dept. For easy identification I included my name, phone number, email address and contract/job details 3 days ago and asked them to c... read more »

JG King Homes Official

Hi Harpet, I’m sorry to read your comments regarding your experience and the current delays with your build. We have certainly received your complaint, and would like to take this opportunity to... read more »

Still Waiting..No phone call,No email..... It's now Tuesday morning and still no contact from J.G .King after an insincere apology and false promise to communicate with me.Just further confirms... read more »

Mildura

LOVE our family home! MILDURA

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

We have had nothing but great experiences with JGKing Mildura. Our home was built and handed over as promised and on time. We are very happy with the quality of our home; the painter especially has done a fantastic job without fault! We also love the design of our home. The plan is amazing! Every guest who has come to visit has said what a positive vibe the house gives! The JGKing Mildura team were amazing. So friendly and patient. Their prompt reply to messages, calls and emails was excellent. Can't think of a better team to have worked and built with! Life certainly starts here and now!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

The Mildura team are friendly and great to work with. Very helpful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

My experience with JG King Homes Mildura has been great. I got them to build the H2 design of the UP range which was very well priced and I got a lot of extras that didn't cost me too much. The house ended up looking very beautiful,was designed well and I love the fact that you don't have to ever worry about termites because of JG Kings steel frames. The team at JG King Mildura are excellent, so helpful and easy to work with. I would fully recommend JG King Mildura to build you a beautiful home which you will love and that lasts a life time. Great work JG King Mildura!!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

The best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Great customer service and always up for a laugh or an answer to a query anytime day or night! Hopefully our build goes as smoothly as the process has been so far! We love that the steel frame and colourbond roof come with the house and the design is fantastic, suits us perfectly! [name removed] you are one special guy! Cheers :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

First Stage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

So far our experience with JG King has been fantastic, we had been to many different builders and found the Customer Service at JG was the best. We meet with XP who has been outstanding, being first home buyers we had heaps of questions and did not understand how the building process worked, XP went through everything step by step with us and was happy to answer any questions we had, even if it was at 7pm at night. We made several changes and it was never a hustle. We are now waiting for our land to title so we can start building! We look forward to seeing the complete outcome.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Looking forward

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

I am still waiting for Land Title, but decided as might possibly be released in May that it was time to look around, from the moment I met the JG King Rep XP my thoughts had changed as who to build with, I still had many many many questions to ask and needed plenty to be re explained to me, XP was great very patient and made the whole transition from being just a maybe to going through to the signing stage an easy process, giving an estimate up front and them being able to scrutinise and change and add things to the rough estimate gave me a better understanding and confidence in what I was wanting and getting myself into, I am looking forward to the next stage, hopefully i will be in my own home by the end of the year, yay, thanks JG King and thank you XP and hopefully to the many that will be involved in my build, thank you

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2015

Good House

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

We built we JG King and while we had some administrative problems at the beginning,the build process was very good. We had a 'average' foreman and a very good administrator throughout the build. There seemed to be a lot of staff changeover through our build but the new regional manager Rory Nelson went out of his way and was very approachable from the get go. We would definitely build with JG King Albury/wodonga again in the future.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Great house great company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

The build was great because the 4man is easy to work with because he listens to the people. He explains things simply, so you understand what is going on with our build. He is always there to help the client.
The customer service was great, she is really easy to get on with. There were no issues to charge the plan of the house, if there are any issues with the plan they are right on it. Overall they are great to build with.

Moorool

New build total satisfaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I read with interest many negative review where people are only too eager to criticise the service provider . Unfortunately there are far fewer people who will put pen to paper to provide positive reviews where they are well deserved. Our experience with J G King has been one of the most enjoyable encounters and well worth our praise.

From our first meeting with Khara, the J G King representative to the hand over from Nic the J G King project supervisor we experienced the most professional and personal attention to detail imaginable. Our new home is an absolute delight as all trades were carried out to an extremely high standard.

There were a couple of issues during the construction period which could have developed into major concerns but thanks to the immediate response from J G King and the respective contractors these problems were resolved within the shortest possible time frame .

We have no reservations in endorsing J G King as a competent building company to engage as a building company to construct your new home.

Regards

Greg and Pauline

• 2 answers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2014

J G King Homes. Warrnambool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

On entering the Office in Warrnambool, I had a good feeling with the atmosphere and the knowledge of the Sales Consultant [name removed] and her ability to offer her professional assistance to meet my requirements. My first visit to the site reassured me I had made the right decision in selecting J G King to build my home, the site was securely fenced. The building supervisor [name removed] did an excellent job on the build and always made himself available as when required. His knowledge of the fittings is outstanding and his willingness to assist was excellent.
I believe a large part of success of a company is the front line people. Some of the contractors have said to me, how good it was to work for [name removed] as everything was always ready for them to move in on time. I have no hesitation in recommending J G King Homes.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2016

Perfect family home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Quality of the build was A1. Site supervisor kept in regular contact and would always return calls and make time for site inspections. All finishes throughout the home have been exceptional. Follow up inspections since completion have been prompt, friendly and not a hassle. Can't praise the site supervisor enough on his friendly communication as we'd built prior with another company and struggled with updates and site inspections.

Shepparton

JG King Homes Shepparton

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

We have been living in our new JG Kings home in Shepparton for a month now. We are extremely happy with our new home.
Our building supervisor [name removed] was a perfectionist and used only the best of contractors on our build. The workmanship and quality of the house is very good. Our supervisor kept us up to date and was always available.
The account/contract girls were always friendly and helpful.
Thank you for our new home [name removed] and JG Kings Shepparton,