Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

We are half way there and So far so good !!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Ok, straight off the bat we had a pretty slow start but I believe JG have done everything they could to make up the time. I made it clear when we signed up we needed it done and by mid Dec and so far it looks like they are going to make it but we will see. Since the start of the project I have called the supervisor more than he has called me which is not Ideal especially as we work away. I have a close look when I get back to make sure all is good. I noticed an update hadn't been picked up for my gas bottle location which they quickly rectified and I was far from impressed about the so called reverse lock up stage, which by the way should not happen with out discussing it with the client first. It was too late when we realised this was done. The risk is far to high in the winter / Wetter months for reverse lockups. I'd rather be 2 weeks late waiting for bricks than have plaster around window and door openings getting wet from rain.

I assessed it last week and luckily all was ok. A little more communication would be beneficial. The site itself when I was there a week ago was messy in some areas Rio in the grass, offcuts from the frame stage and general rubbish which is an easy fix and should be monitored and dealt with more closely. I'm staying optimistic though and that's part of the reason I have given 4 star rating but I'd expect the finishes to be of the highest quality and being in the construction industry myself as a Tier 1 Site Manager I'll be defecting the property very closely. Demand updates and excellence.

Regards Rick Stewart

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rick, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Receiving feedback from our clients helps us to continually improve in all areas. We are disappointed to hear that the hig... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Take Note Of Reviews

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Review from May 2017 (no response from JG King) -We began working with our salesman late 2015, who was very helpful. We wanted a few adjustments and we're promised they could all be done.
We then spent the majority of 2016 trying to have these adjustments added to our plans as all of a sudden, our salesman advised these couldn't be done despite what he had told us previously. After what was months just trying to fix our contract and adjustments, about to sign a final contract late 2016, the base price of home has been increased apparently in March of 2016 but we had not been advised or had any new paperwork noting this. We were then given a story to try justify this massive adjustment that gave us no extra value for our home.
Finally, after being told our slab would be poured mid Jan, it was poured early February.
The next day, an email was sent to us with the invoice, and a letter also followed in the mail that it was due with 7 days strictly.
And that has been it.
Our site supervisor then organised delay notifications on our build due to no electricity on site and that there was a delay on the frame (which I found another reviewer received the exact same letters), even though we organised electricity for the site.
Our initial site supervisor was difficult to contact and would rarely call back, making out that the delays were due to our fault and lack of electricity.
We then got another site supervisor who advised us there was a massive delay in frames due to "no one wants to work. Haven't you seen the news?". We were told the frame would be delivered on the 17th of March. This day came and went, and had we not called the site supervisor, we would not have been advised that delivery would now be the 13th of April.
Once again, this date came and went and we're then told 100%, the frame would be delivered in 2 weeks, either the 3rd, 4th or 5th of May, but this would be confirmed the Wednesday before at his office day. We phoned him 5 times, had our administrator email him on the Wednesday, and no reply.
We have now received a call from our 3rd site supervisor who had advised that he will be helping to rectify this absolutely ridiculous delay and situation, however I'm sure people can appreciate after what has been happening the past year onwards, we are yet to put our faith until we can see something actually happen or be in concrete.
On top of the delays, our engineered plans had our slab noted with 29 concrete piers. Luckily, we live close to our build and found that there was only 6 piers dug our and poured. We brought this up with the site supervisor who said he had no idea and to talk to the office. We contacted the office who said we would need confirmation from the builder to make the variation. Contacted our supervisor again who said he had no idea pretty much.
Once we got the 2nd site supervisor, he told us this variation would need to be written up via email, and cc him in. This was done. We are yet to receive any confirmation about our variation, what compensation we will be receiving and when the amount will be deducted.

What was supposed to be such an exciting experience has become an absolutely nightmare, leaving us completely in limbo. Despite how many times we have asked prior to our current supervisor, to speak to an area manager, we have been completely avoided by our previous site supervisors. Our fingers are crossed our latest supervisor can follow through with his promises.

We would not recommend JG King this far with our experience, especially when we have had friends slabs poured at the same time are close to finishing their houses with other builders.

CURRENT STATUS - Not finished, surprise suprise! And we also had staff from JG King try to tell us that our CONTRACT had the incorrect engineered drawings, but the pricing was right for only 6 piers, and we are not entitled to a variation. I had to provide evidence and FORCE them to have the estimators look at it again after admin being rude and demeaning as though they know better. Came back after 2 weeks with a variation but no apology or explanation.

We are also not onto our 4TH SITE SUPERVISOR. House has been sitting with nothing done for over a month.

MY King are on top of their invoices though! Section of our wall upstairs that needed the boards to be rendered hadn't been installed, but we still received an invoice for lock up stage. Advise accounts of This via the phone, told us that our supervisor agreed house was not at lock up. That weekend someone came out to do it. Accounts then kindly sent us photos to advise the house WAS at lock up stage and our 7 day terms still applied and advised of the interest charged despite knowing at time of invoicing the house wasn't. They then claimed we were lying and made out as if we weren't going to pay which we did promptly every other time.

Then with Fix up stage, sent out the invoice, stupidly we paid, but wait! The house isn't actually completely the fix up stage!

Please to those reading, you do not get these reviews regarding the running of companies on other builders. Sure a bad trade might screw up your paint, scratch something, but it's fixable.

The management and running of this builder is appaling. We get the run around constantly, it seems so many others have the same, their customer service is disgusting and disappointing to have your husband call your supervisor 2 to 3 times a day for over a week, then I call from my number he wouldn't have an answers within 2 rings?

For your own peace of mind, take into consideration the reviews. I wish I had bothered to look prior to signing up.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry and disappointed to hear this. Can you please provide your job number? We would like the opportunity to investigate this further.

JG King Homes

Sure, it's 1509MLA115. Please don't use any excuses the "supervisors" continue to feed us. Waiting on your call.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Christine, Thank you for providing further information. We understand you have been in contact with our Construction Manager and all concerns have been addressed. Again, we apologise for the ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2019

One of the best builder & very competitive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Signed my contract with JG King homes, So Far I am really happy with this builder, From Sales Consultant to Finance Provider they have assisted me with the best customer service standards. Sales Consultant - [name removed]. JG King is providing 50 year Structural Guarantee, unlike others which is 20-25, BAL rating 12.5, 900mm appliances, Alfresco as their standard inclusions. JG's base price is the best I have found so far (others min. 185K for 4BHK, 22 Squares). House designs are also good. I have signed up after 2 of my work colleagues built from these guys & there houses are stunning. I wish all the best to these guys for their service and hope my message will reach out loud

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Navi, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear that your experience has been a positive one and the level of customer service has been outstanding. We wish ... read more »

clyde north

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Excellence at its best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

We build our first home with JG Kings, the whole experience from the sales to the construction was really good and first class

Sales consultant- Dale Murray

He is the reason that we chose to build with Jg Kings. We went to different builders and many of the sales rep were confusing especially with site cost information.
But this guy was very gentle and straight forward and he gave me a beautiful house with an excellent package. A man full of smile, so lively , a true gentleman . Very recently we came to know that he passed away, And we pray with all our hearts that his soul may rest in peace.

Contract Admin – Mariah Denhert, Rishta Prasad

We never had any chance to talk directly or over the phone with them, but they were always there to provide informations and answers to our queries. They were excellent.

Site Supervisor – Dean Wallin

Dean Wallin is always busy, we seldom talks over the phone, but he communicated rather through text messages. It was a pleasure to deal with him, he is very experienced and know what he is doing and gifted us a very beautiful home.We never thought the outcome of our house would be this perfect , all credits to him. We are 100% happy with the quality and finish of the work.

This is our first home and so far, after seeing our house two of our friends has signed with JG Kings, we tell everyone we know how much we love our home and value the work done by J G Kings.

Mrs and Mr PK, Clyde North , VIC

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi POL, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very pleased to hear that each point of contact assisted in delivering you and your family a positive building experience. We hope y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2015

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

We have 3 issues which I believe to be fixed under warranty.
1 - Solar Panels on roof are leaking - existing valve which was faulty.- cost $404.35 to fix.
2. Ensuite shower - still leaking - rotted skirting. Trade Supplier mentioned this is building issue. - PM should contact with JG king but this is issue from 3rd July (Now it's 5th Sep.)
3. PM reported that the bedroom door was mean to be fixed by builder (June 2017) - now totally useless and off hings - Since no reply from JG King by Aug, I asked PM to arrange to fix. It costs $330.

It looks like our PM struggle to contact with JG KING and all maintenance request come to us.
I'm not sure this is PM issue or JG KING issue. I will update this issue.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Regarding 2, shower leaking, JG KING came and fixed but again it has started leaking. Due to this our tenant is moving again. Our property manager tried to contact with JG KING from the online maintenance request.- no one replied.

JG King Homes Official

Hi Mami, Thank you for your review. We understand that your concerns have been addressed and you have been in communication with our construction team. Following on from your previous messages, t... read more »

Now previous tenant lodged a counter-claim for compensation at VCAT due to this shower leak. I’ve sent a mail to JG KING to send us details how / when fix this issue. Much appreciated for the quick response.

Bendigo

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

We have sign the contract and pay deposit since mid July and not thing happening yet till now, took us nearly 2 months waiting for a building contract. And now they changing our favorate brick colour to some thing else that we don't like, they said the brick is temporary unavailable, We so disappointed. It cost us 11,600 for the sitecost but we still have to pay more if there are any rock found, this figure is a lot but still not covering us for paying more.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Taloo, We are sorry to hear this. Unfortunately products do become unavailable at times or become discontinued. This decision comes directly from the supplier and therefore it is something we h... read more »

Appreciate for getting back to us, we are looking forward to accept your offer with a better deal, last time we been given no other option, we have to choose one out of two and they both are the br... read more »

Still lying to us, did not hear back from you at all !! , how can we trust you?

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Yarra Glen Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

We purchased a large block with a fair old slope on it. After being turned away by nearly all major builders. We looked in to Kings as they had custom builds on a volume builders budget.
From start to finish communication has been of a very high standard which assisted in design, colors and right through the build process.
[name removed] our first supervisor was great and getting things rolling on site but had to hand over to [name removed who kept the lines of communication open, attention to detail and the quality of workmanship is of a very high standard.
We are just about ready to do handover and can't wait to move into this amazing house.
Big thanks to [name removed and his team.

I would recommend Kings as a very good option to build your home.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Dave.H, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear of the high level of customer service that has been delivered to you throughout your building journey. We wish ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Helpful and Professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

We recently booked our First home with JG King (XP), the Business Development Consultant who is very professional and helpful in providing all the details required for building a new home. They have collection of many new home designs to pick from, as well as the flexibility to modify plans according to our needs. Choice of internal & external colour schemes is quite reasonable. Our home is not yet started, will share more of our experience as move forward. looking forward to the smooth journey of building new home with JG King. Fingers cross!!!

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi KuldeepandBalvinder, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear that your experience has been a positive one. We look forward to hearing your updates through... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Excellent Experience !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Xavier was great and very collaborative. He kept us in the loop throughout the process. He is very energetic and is a doer. Loved his get the job done attitude. The whole experience dealing with XP was very pleasant and hopefully our building process would be equally good. More than happy to recommend XP and JG King as builders to anyone wanting to build.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Hasnain Rizvi,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your experience has been a positive one.

We are confident that this pleasant process will continue throughout the remainder of your build.

Perfect build.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

We are happy with our new home.
The whole process was easy with JG King Warrnambool.
From sales to admin to construction.
Our Sales person Lauren was patient with us through the planning process. We have built before and we knew what we wanted. Our supervisor Luke was fantastic. He ensure everything we wanted was done and nothing was too hard for him. We are now in enjoying our family home and look forward to the next build with JG King Homes.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Lee, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We know that building can often be a stressful time so we are pleased to hear that your experience was an easy and positive one! We wish y... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

totally happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

I highly recommend building with JG King. Xavier at JG king displayed total professional customer service and expert advice.(xp). Any change i made to the plans he was only too happy to help and made it happen.(xp). JG king use the best of materials and products in building their homes and this stands out in the finished product. So glad i built with JG king.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rob,

Thank you for sharing your journey. We're thrilled to hear that you've had a great experience with JG King Homes.

We hope you enjoy your new home!

Mernda

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Unprofessional, disgraceful service. Considering legal advice it's that bad.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Please take notice of the reviews. It was too late for us as we signed up and didn't read the reviews until our problems started.

We signed up with jgking back in October 2016. The very misleading sales rep. Found our land and contacted the real estate agent to tell them she was sending us over to purchase the land. She sold us the dream. We were so excited and grateful for all her help that after we signed up we returned with champagne and chocolates to say thank you.

When doing our colour selection and tender documents we discovered most of the dream we were sold was far from accurate. The colours lady was less than efficient and far from knowledgable. Much of what she finally typed up was incorrect. I went to Reece to look at the taps and sink I was getting. Reece were great. Advised me the colour consultant had advised us to choose a mixer that would not fit the basin!! Chatting away and she tells me the kitchen sink is not designed to be an inset. Silly me says yes it is, look she write it here. The Reece lady actually called the manufacturer so that I could hear how very wrong this was. If I explained all the errors and dramas with the colours lady I'd be here for days. The tender lady was arrogant and rude and refused to go through the tender with my partner telling him it was all standard and just to take it home and sign it. Very unprofessional.
Now we move on to dealing with the build supervisor. He refused to reply to any of my partners emails but I could write the exact message and get a reply. The communication soon stopped. We would ask what the hold up was as the build was not starting. No response. No returned phone calls. It's a cash build so no issue with payments from us either. Then last Friday night I get an email from the general manager at 5 to 5 to say they under quoted and are cancelling the contract. Not even the professional courtesy of a phone call. Just an impersonal email at 4.55pm on a Friday night How disgusting is that!! We still don't have answers. No replies to our questions as to why or what went wrong. It's nearly 12 months since signing up with them. Still waiting on a refund of our deposit monies. We were advised by another builder to seek compensation. We thought we would wait and find out what the issues were but when they can't even do that you think maybe you should make time to see a lawyer. Don't ignore the reviews.

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Disappointed,

We too are very disappointed to hear this. Can you please provide your contact details or lot address. We would like to investigate this matter further.

JG King Homes

Thank you for your very standard and impersonal response. We did not expect anything more. I don't think it's appropriate to provide addresses or contact details here. I'm sure if you gave tha... read more »

JG King Homes Official

Hi Disappointed, Please forward your details to complaints@jgking.com.au. We have multiple managers across the state and cannot determine who is managing your specific build if further details are... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria

• 4 questions
  • 13 answers
  • 24 helpful votes

Extremely happy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

Admittedly with a bit of a rough start perhaps that wasn't a bad thing after all, however things turned.

Site supervisor Aaron.

He got things moving and week by week, month by month my house was sky rocketing like no tomorrow, he was in talking with myself every week, what was being done, what the tradies were doing.
Fantastic to communicate in every way.
I can't thank my supervisor enough for giving up so much time and effort to get my house finished.

JGking without a doubt wants to build your house, just like all builder's, though at times there will be always be delays.
If a tradie is stuck on another job or working with another builder, same goes with concreters, electricians, tilers, suppliers.
It affects not only them but everyone.
Thank you to everyone else at Jgking homes in making this home of mine awesome.

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi JustG, We are very pleased to hear of your overall positive experience. We certainly want to build your home and we thank you for your understanding. Thank you for taking the time to write a r... read more »

However how quick JG king are to wipe there hands once they have received final payment, we have trouble with our laminated floors and they continue to hand ball it elsewhere where it's a dead end road, absolutely pathetic JG king.

Ballarat

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Best Value By Far - Under Promised and Over Delivered A++++++

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Ballarat Region - The Start, The Middle and the END

Sales consultant- Jonathon
Jonathon knew the products and seemed to work unlimited hours as he was always available to answer my questions and provide speedy pictures and quotes. He even contacted me during and after the build to discuss the product and make sure everything went well (I have never had this service before).

Contract Admin - Julie
She was always available to answer my questions and provided fast factual information, Julie makes things happen.

Site Supervisor - Anthony
Anthony was a pleasure to deal with, he knows the product he was building and loves the company he works for. Anthony would call to advise progress updates and future works and if he said the painters were starting on Friday they were usually there by Wednesday, he always under promised and over delivered on timelines. Our house was started in March and completed by Mid July. We are extremely satisfied with the finish and quality.

We have built several houses before and this house managed by Anthony is the best by far, we tell everyone we know how much we love our home and value the work done by J G Kings.

Area Manager - Trevor
We had one issue present during the build and I always judge a business by how they respond to an issue. J G King have a sound resolution process and are very responsive to issues presented to them. Trevor contacted me to discuss the issue and it was remedied instantly.

Conclusion:
Would I build with KING again: YES
Would I recommend KING : Yes, I have already referred two others.
5 Stars from me.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Luke,

This is great to hear! We are very pleased with our A++++++ result.

Thank you for taking the the time to write a review and we wish you all the very best in your new home.

Alfredton

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2013

Great after sales service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

We built our home with JG King Ballarat, 4 years ago. We recently contacted them regarding a couple of small issues that I was concerned about. I have to commend them on their response, resolving the two issues (which was in the end minor) but put my mind at rest. They were very professional. I really didn't think that they would care to hear from us after so long, however the experience was quite the opposite. They really do stand behind their 50 year structural guarantee and It really gives us peace of mind that you wouldn't get from most builders. Thanks LB our build supervisor.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Rachael, We most certainly do care and we are very pleased to hear that these minor items were rectified and your overall experience with JG King Homes has been a positive one. Thank you for t... read more »

GEELONG

• 19 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

DO NOT BUILD WITH JG KING Geelong - your nightmare starts here!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Terrible workmanship and even worse customer service from all involved with JG KING Geelong. We are now over our contractual completion date, defects list not being competed after 3 re inspections, house quality is extremely poor and no one cares.

Save yourself the heartache and stay away from JG KING.

In attempts to seek help in this situation I have contacted the Victorian Building Manager and Director
of JG KING who have not cared enough to get in contact with a disappointed client. Speaks volumes about their customer service.

19 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Bee,

Thank you for your review. Can you please provide your contact details or lot address so we can look into this further?

Email: Beebee352@gmail.com

I am still awaiting any sort of response from JG King.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

It was wonderful dealing with [name removed]. He went through everything with us and explained the process in an easy manner for us all to understand. His professionalism was outstanding. His follow ups are fantastic. We had an issue with land but [name removed] went above and beyond to help us in his day off. [name removed] even assisted us with consulting a broker on a home loan which turned out to be fantastic.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Lorraine and Shannon, We are thrilled to hear that the process was explained to you in great detail and your experience has been so positive. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. W... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Made simple and clear

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I've recently booked with JG kings ([name initials removed]) for my first home. As an obvious first home buyer had more questions and I've got all answered with due respect and patience. Thanks [name initials removed].
Totally satisfied choosing from one of their best standard designs.
Looking forward to sign the contract with JGKings and all the more excited to work with them to get our home built as we dream without much hassles.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for choosing JG King Homes as your builder! We are pleased to hear that you've had a positive experience so far and look forward to guiding you throughout the remainder of your building journey.

Travancore

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Pre-Build Review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Ever since I saw steel frames used in construction of homes I decided that my first home would be in it. I went to check on the display homes of JG King homes and eventually ended up finalizing the model of my house. Thanks to JG King homes (XP) in explaining things in order and clear. Things happened very fast and I am just glad. Looking forward for the build to happen and hopefully I would share another 5 star review again once the keys are handed over.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Kalaiarason, Thank you for sharing your journey. We're thrilled to hear that you've had a positive experience with JG King Homes. We thank you for taking the time to write a review and look f... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Helpful and Patience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

I recently booked my First home with JG King (XP), the Business Development Consultant is really helpful and patience in explaining all the inclusions as part of the build. There is huge collections of house designs to pick. They are flexible to make your dream look exactly as you like it.

Looking forward to my New Home. Thank you JG KING.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
JG King Homes Official

Hi Kartik Handi,

We are pleased to hear your experience has been a positive one and we thank you for choosing to build with JG King Homes.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your journey.

3 of 13 pages

Hi can anyone tell me the price difference from H1 TO H2 SLAB for 214 m2 home?

Lisa asked on May 22, 2018

Do they do knock down rebuild?

LukeCollins asked on May 09, 2018

Answer this

I am not sure about it but i think they do

Yes they sure do

Hello all, very concerned about the reviews. Can anyone give feedback on building with JG King in Ballarat? Really want to get some confidence of the group or maybe look for another builder? TIA

Geoff_B asked on May 01, 2018

Answer this

Like wise mate, wouldn't mind hearing from people that have built out of the ballarat office.

My build story JG King.
_________________________________________________________________
I written this post on over the course of my build with an intention of 5 star rating (I am sending it to forums. But will be posting it only 3 months after handover. It’s with JG King now to keep up the 5 star from here as we go into crucial stages of Build.

House: Sage (33.1 Sq) @ Wyndham Vale.
Job Number: 1704MLA586
Construction Start date: October 17
Base Stage: Dec 17
Frame stage: Feb 17
Lockup: Mar 17
Fix out: Apr 17

Given No Driveways, Downlights, flooring , cooling. So expecting a faster finish.

Feedback:
Generally takes a bit of time (I have noticed 3 houses built by JG king) but also depends on your luck (Rocks, Weather and of course tradies)
Quality of construction so far is good (too early to give a credit?) but I like it so far except for the below.
I don’t have much to say about the Carpenter looks like he’s working multiple jobs and working only few hours a day ; made lot of damage to plaster walls while fixing skirting which otherwise is a quality build until then.
In contrary to most feedbacks I will give credit to admin team so far on the responses; I always received a response within 24 hours.

PCI Date: Yet to hear back.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Apr 17 - Booked Deposit

Sales Consultant @ Groove, tarneit was helpful to get the right house of my liking.

I had an irregular block so the sales consultant suggested we can also fit a wide variety of houses and he sent me a list of 7+ designs that would fit on my block. We actually liked the
Sage fit on my block instead though i was thinking of Adelphi 1. Helped me choose the upgrade options carefully with in my budget.

May 17 Contract signing:
Was a good experience i had a list of 20+ items to be changed and the admin consulatnt helped me get all of that and advised few areas where she had concerns.
Ex:
1. Though i wanted a double vanity she advised it will look congested (for few people) on a 33 sq house. But Mrs wanted a double vanity so gone by that.
2. Suggested to get a cavity door for 250$ to avoid visibility WIP as the design had a large open area living for Kitchen , Meals and living.

Signed up for Electricity and Gas with origin with an option i can change it at the end of build and was explained i need to pay for EB, Gas and water during the build.

June 17 Color appointment:
1. Pre-decided from website options and the color appointment was good though I felt a bit rushed but got what I wanted.
2. Changed multiple items with in my budget in during color appointment.

Feedback: Improve online selection tool. Increase color appointment timing. Provide a Visual tool possible for home buyers to see how it looks.

June 17 Further changes:
1. Requested for further changes in electrical and few other options and they were happy to do it as its not structural..
From June to September the fun starts for developer and council Approval. Developer returned the plan more than 5 times to change brick, Facade and Cladding to a point that made me think Who’s paying for the house? In the end I liked another facades and brick (Not an upgrade) so didnt end up in a fight which I was told to be an losing battle as developers guidelines has to be followed.
Developer approval took till September as the approving authority was on vacation. :(
Council approval started shortly after that.
October 17:
All excited for tradies to start which is short lived as we cannot locate the Fourth peg which according to the developer was buried under the fence. But supervisor was not interested taking their words (as mine is irregular block) and wanted the developer to locate the fourth boundary or mark it on the fence else do a re-establishment survey($800-$1000).
Developer was not initially helping saying once the land is settled its my problem and he cant help. But later after product review private compliance they helped but took their time.
My ADVICE TO ANY NEW LAND BUYER IS TO ENSURE YOU HAVE IDENTIFIED ALL 4 BOUNDARY PEGS and no Rocks or Dump on site before you settle your land. After settlement its your problem.

November 17:
Site Cut , Drainage Pipes, Piers and slab preparation.
Hit 20K worth or rocks and was not happy about it. I would strongly recommend JG King to provide a fixed rock prices in their site cost so new home builders are not worried. Its my view that the customer experience will greatly improve with locked in pricing.

December 17:
Slabs poured on Dec 20.
Frames delivered to site but no work happened till Feb 6th. The tradie that supposed complete framing before christmas did not show up and my supervisor has to find a different one after he came back from holidays.

January 18 :
No Work :(

February 18:

Frames Installed, Roof covering, Pipes run through frames.
March 18:
Brickie started laying but then work stopped for almost four weeks.
Rough in wrap around the house complete, heating ducts , solar panels for Hot water installed.
Noticed and reported to supervisor that sliding windows were not closing properly for which he advised he’s aware of and will be fixed when carpenter comes in for doors.

April 16, 2018:
Supervisor and Accounts team advised that they want reverse lockup which is installing the plaster walls prior to external wall cladding is complete. I was initially reluctant but had no choice as the contract had a special clause condition for reverse lockup.
Insulation and Plaster walls are complete the first week of April. And another brickey started from second week of april and almost close to finishing external brick cladding. (as of 16/04/2018)
Cornices complete and carpenter started cutting for doors and cavity sliding doors, electrical wirings were completed
Waiting for the sliding windows to be fixed.
The quality of construction so far seems good.
My supervisor advised that the house should be completed by End of May if tradies show up as expected or can be delayed for a couple of more weeks. Exciting times. Cant wait for handover.

Apr 20 Update:
Batten light points and switch points were cutout for walls and roof. Getting ready for Painting i assume.

As per SS Kitchen and cabinets should have been in by Apr 18 but still not in.
Tiles for wet areas was scheduled for yesterday. Will drop by today to have a look.

Apr 30th Update:
Got the invoice for fix out ; but still skirting and architraves were not done. After I reported the invoice was void and got a new one on May 2nd.

May 5th update:
Carpenter didnot do a good job in my view lot of gaps in windows and made 50+ dings on the plaster wall while moving the skirting. Now poor supervisor has marked all of them (Painful process i believe for the pre-painting guy to address them).
No other work has been done other than skirtings :(.

Will update how it goes.
May 1st and 2nd week:
Not much going on except stonebenchtop ; was advised pre-plastering work will be completed this week. But no signs of tradies @ site until last evening.
BTW SS on leave from 8th to 31st 
Paid fixout with a trust that build will be completed; with only 20K to pay and # of reviews suggesting delays i'm concerned too.

Pending items to my knowledge to get to PCI; Have low confidence it will be done by End of May.
1. Downpipes for Gutters
2. Alfresco, Portico and Verandah ceiling.
3. Garage door to house internal door not fixed, Ensuite toilet door not fixed.
4. Skirtings not fully finished yet( garage and other small areas)
5. Window architraves for one of the windows need to be adjusted.
6. Tilings not started.
7. Concrete slab for Alfresco, Portico , Verandah
8. Door Handles
9. Sliding doors
10. Painting
11. Facade cladding and rendering.
12. Batten lights for kitchen.

am noticing three houses (Mine, My neighbour and other opposite to my rental current house) and all of them follow a similar pattern. Hope this helps in making a decision.

BTW, My neighbour house finish was good...

Look for another builder,beleive these reviews poor workmanship,dishonest and very stressful . biggest mistake i have ever made

See all 102 questions about JG King Homes