Mildura

LOVE our family home! MILDURA

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

We have had nothing but great experiences with JGKing Mildura. Our home was built and handed over as promised and on time. We are very happy with the quality of our home; the painter especially has done a fantastic job without fault! We also love the design of our home. The plan is amazing! Every guest who has come to visit has said what a positive vibe the house gives! The JGKing Mildura team were amazing. So friendly and patient. Their prompt reply to messages, calls and emails was excellent. Can't think of a better team to have worked and built with! Life certainly starts here and now!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

The Mildura team are friendly and great to work with. Very helpful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

My experience with JG King Homes Mildura has been great. I got them to build the H2 design of the UP range which was very well priced and I got a lot of extras that didn't cost me too much. The house ended up looking very beautiful,was designed well and I love the fact that you don't have to ever worry about termites because of JG Kings steel frames. The team at JG King Mildura are excellent, so helpful and easy to work with. I would fully recommend JG King Mildura to build you a beautiful home which you will love and that lasts a life time. Great work JG King Mildura!!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

The best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Great customer service and always up for a laugh or an answer to a query anytime day or night! Hopefully our build goes as smoothly as the process has been so far! We love that the steel frame and colourbond roof come with the house and the design is fantastic, suits us perfectly! [name removed] you are one special guy! Cheers :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

First Stage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

So far our experience with JG King has been fantastic, we had been to many different builders and found the Customer Service at JG was the best. We meet with XP who has been outstanding, being first home buyers we had heaps of questions and did not understand how the building process worked, XP went through everything step by step with us and was happy to answer any questions we had, even if it was at 7pm at night. We made several changes and it was never a hustle. We are now waiting for our land to title so we can start building! We look forward to seeing the complete outcome.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Looking forward

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

I am still waiting for Land Title, but decided as might possibly be released in May that it was time to look around, from the moment I met the JG King Rep XP my thoughts had changed as who to build with, I still had many many many questions to ask and needed plenty to be re explained to me, XP was great very patient and made the whole transition from being just a maybe to going through to the signing stage an easy process, giving an estimate up front and them being able to scrutinise and change and add things to the rough estimate gave me a better understanding and confidence in what I was wanting and getting myself into, I am looking forward to the next stage, hopefully i will be in my own home by the end of the year, yay, thanks JG King and thank you XP and hopefully to the many that will be involved in my build, thank you

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2015

Good House

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

We built we JG King and while we had some administrative problems at the beginning,the build process was very good. We had a 'average' foreman and a very good administrator throughout the build. There seemed to be a lot of staff changeover through our build but the new regional manager Rory Nelson went out of his way and was very approachable from the get go. We would definitely build with JG King Albury/wodonga again in the future.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Great house great company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

The build was great because the 4man is easy to work with because he listens to the people. He explains things simply, so you understand what is going on with our build. He is always there to help the client.
The customer service was great, she is really easy to get on with. There were no issues to charge the plan of the house, if there are any issues with the plan they are right on it. Overall they are great to build with.

Moorool

New build total satisfaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I read with interest many negative review where people are only too eager to criticise the service provider . Unfortunately there are far fewer people who will put pen to paper to provide positive reviews where they are well deserved. Our experience with J G King has been one of the most enjoyable encounters and well worth our praise.

From our first meeting with Khara, the J G King representative to the hand over from Nic the J G King project supervisor we experienced the most professional and personal attention to detail imaginable. Our new home is an absolute delight as all trades were carried out to an extremely high standard.

There were a couple of issues during the construction period which could have developed into major concerns but thanks to the immediate response from J G King and the respective contractors these problems were resolved within the shortest possible time frame .

We have no reservations in endorsing J G King as a competent building company to engage as a building company to construct your new home.

Regards

Greg and Pauline

• 2 answers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2014

J G King Homes. Warrnambool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

On entering the Office in Warrnambool, I had a good feeling with the atmosphere and the knowledge of the Sales Consultant [name removed] and her ability to offer her professional assistance to meet my requirements. My first visit to the site reassured me I had made the right decision in selecting J G King to build my home, the site was securely fenced. The building supervisor [name removed] did an excellent job on the build and always made himself available as when required. His knowledge of the fittings is outstanding and his willingness to assist was excellent.
I believe a large part of success of a company is the front line people. Some of the contractors have said to me, how good it was to work for [name removed] as everything was always ready for them to move in on time. I have no hesitation in recommending J G King Homes.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2016

Perfect family home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Quality of the build was A1. Site supervisor kept in regular contact and would always return calls and make time for site inspections. All finishes throughout the home have been exceptional. Follow up inspections since completion have been prompt, friendly and not a hassle. Can't praise the site supervisor enough on his friendly communication as we'd built prior with another company and struggled with updates and site inspections.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane (but house was built in Port Fairy Vic)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2016

Great Service and help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

The pre construction service was very efficient and easy for me. The only big issue early in construction was rectified at no cost to me with no dramas. This was a positive as I always expected something to go wrong but the unknown was how good their ability to fix things to my satisfaction was. I had a friend in the game inspect the steel frame and he was unable to fault it. As I was interstate he looked at the house several times and even he told me it was a good job. The other problems were my responsibility like water to site but [name removed] (site foreman) provided solid advice with solutions and organised contractors for me without charging extra even though under the contract he could have. I had heard of people having trouble with building but I went to a lot of display homes and had 99% of changes to plan made before construction began. All the changes were costed okay, like 2 metre longer garage, walk in pantry, double glazing, etc. [name removed] worked with my mate who represented me on site and that helped me greatly. I would recommend JG King to anyone.

• 1 question

New house in Deniliquin, Shepparton team you are amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

From he time we poured our slab in August until hand over on the 16th December, the experience was nothing short of amazing for our very first build. Our Supervisor [name removed] was just a delight to deal with. Always worked through any issues we had which were very minimal and always seemed to go out of his way to make sure everything was fine. We were under pressure to have finished as our old house had sold and [name removed] did everything he could to achieve that goal and we ended up having time to spare.

Thankyou JG King for an amazing experience and if we ever build another home again it will definitely be another JG King home.

Chris, Lisa & Cooper

Ballarat

• 6 helpful votes

Oh my head hurts

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

Time from signing to finish ... 10 months ... not the build, but start up date due to JG Kings incompetency. In hind sight should have bailed out at the start and gone elsewhere as it was really only a sign of things to come.

Hassled by their finance dept ... unsure why ... to my knowledge I never requested/authorised this ... perhaps a breach of privacy issues here.

Salesman was fine until we signed ... then didn't want to see us ... (no surprises really) headaches a plenty ... originally told we could have one facade in the area where we had the land ... came back with oh you need to appeal ... for the cost of $$$. We thought oh well can't have that go with another ... draftsmen struggled totally ... tried to advise it was a detailed job ... for goodness sake the facades would be in blocks in the autocad system should take no more than 30 mins... good try. Draftsman also stuffed up the amount of tiles needed ... so oh surprise a variation was incurred ... The word Novice comes to mind.

Then due to the draftspersons mistake ... two plans indicated one facade (which we wanted), and one which we did not ... guess which one we got ... yep the wrong one ... advised it was an upgrade and it is but when we were looking I can remember being told of the price and thought (thank goodness I don't like that one) ...
Flooring needed to be redone, shody job
Cupboard inserts - incorrect ones installed (this has been rectified).
Drain pipe going to the outside of the building near the light is too close to light ... like really must have been a man on this one no common sense ... does not allow a fitting of a protective shade over the light ...
It is like nobody was reading the plans or paying any attention to them ...

Color selection as always painful, could increase the options available. Small range of carpet ... believe it was unusual that you pick the cupboards, paint before the tiles/flooring ... I always thought that you started from the floor up (as most stylists) ... went into do this but no ... definitely their way.

Biggest tip (my mistake): remember the IXL tastics - these are not included ...

Go into the office to talk to draftspeople ... like no way ... human contact ... guess it is not a strong point. Office staff unhelpful, need a lesson in customer service ... advised we can only deal with the supervisor (who was either attending training ./ ill / annual leave). Communication is not a strong point..

Also, may be my humour, but must they draw male private parts on windows ... really not necessary ...

Do not refund for variations not taken up, so may pay to watch but mind you they are pretty quick to charge for variations, etc. no surprise though I am guessing this is standard with whoever you build with.

Then paid by personal cheque ... even though the head office is based in Ballarat, it is sent to Melbourne ... this in my mind was a deliberate act of maliciousness by the office staff to delay the cashing ... e.g. 8 days ... not the usual 3 days... so this would delay the handover. It only creates bad vibes ... I should have just paid in cash like I wanted to ... in hindsight all in $5.00 bills would have been the way to go ...

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2015

Bad after sales service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2016

We are fairly satisfied with the structure of our home, must say after our windows pulled away from the structure we had second thoughts, but after the repairs it seems like the problem has been solved. However, the inclusions are of a very low standard, we had everything included but after a month the toilet roll holder broke, the towel rail broke, the shelves sagged, the kitchen tap leaked around the bench, the bench had imperfections and had to be filled, kitchen cupboards are shocking, all different sizes and even though we bought the top of the range house a simple self closing mechanism for the drawers was left out. The shelves have been replaced twice but because the wrong thickness was used it is sagging once again! The passage in our house leading from the garage has no natural light and even in summer we have to have a permanent light on. The carpets were layed long before completion of the structure so it's been exposed to dust, paint, grouting, mud, you name it! Been cleaned before we took ownership but it remains old carpets! The toilet roll holders are still the same, broken cheap ones, still leaking around the tap, grouting is still missing in a few spots, cupboards are still odd sizes, still dark in the passage, benchtop still has an indent, roof tiles still dodgy looking on the 1 side, I can go on and on!
The sales and admin staff were extremely helpful and friendly, until we started noticing the little problems during the building process, they then became defensive and downright rude! Our emails are still being ignored!
Our views on JGKinghomes: stay away! Don't get burnt! #JGKinghomes
Our kitchen cupboards have now been replaced, but this was not through #JGKinghomes, it was our direct contact with #Claytonkitchens. They listened, had a look and replaced most of it. Happy with the kitchen now, still unhappy with the other JGKing inclusions.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2015

Service build sales

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

I have built 5 homes with jgking and about to start 6. I have dealt exclusively with Lauren Dorney, l have found her and the admin staff highly professional,have an excellent capacity to help and assist with all matter relating to sales and build. The construction team are highly competent and deliver a first class home. I would highly recommend this company and their staff.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

New Home Build - NEERIM SOUTH

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

We commenced our build with JG King in August 2016 in Neerim South. We had been working with JG King for the past 12 months or so designing the home whilst waiting for our land to become available.
Our consultant , [name removed] was fantastic and went out of her way to get answers to all of our stupid questions. After many hours of redesigning the original plans and getting everything just how we wanted it, we were ready to sign our contracts and pay our deposits.
Everyone that we have dealt with throughout this process has been very professional and committed to ensuring we will be happy when our home is completed early next year.
The site supervisors [name removed]/[name removed] have done an amazing job of coordinating everything and ensuring the work has been completed to a very high standard. We have regular contact with the current supervisor [name removed] and he regularly updates us on the work being completed and makes himself available to show us through the house upon request.
We would have absolutely no hesitation in building again with JG King and can't wait for the keys to our new home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2016

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

Right from the start of the consultation, JG King were fantastic. Horsham sales rep was honest, very quick at getting back to us and nothing we requested was too much for them. The build was quick, and job supervisor was excellent to deal with and again nothing was too much to ask.
Any issues we did have were very quickly rectified and we were kept informed all the time. Absolutely no regrets from us in choosing to build with JG King in Horsham, would definitely use them again and recommend to anyone who asked. The whole team were a pleasure to deal with and always very welcoming and helpful!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2015

First Home Builder

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

This is our first home and we have decided to build with JG king because of its known quality designs and themes. We had a very helpful and supportive sale person ([name removed] @ Melton Display) who helped us make the right choices on the designs. He was very encouraging and was always prominent with his job to guide us with building our new home. Also the selection process was very smooth, we had a very good interior designer from JG king who constantly helped us with the designs for our home. Our financial advisor (Victoria Finance) from JG King was excellent and had an outstanding service of making this process quick and easy.

Overall the management team was terrific but when it came to the building phase, we had many issues with the contractor on the quality of the house. Our major problem we had was that we selected the mortar colour to be pure white and when the contractors were up to this process in the building phase, they have put the grey mortar instead of the white mortar. I confronted the building supervisor about this issue and he said that it is supposed to be like that and the colour of the mortar would change when it dries. Unfortunately the colour has not changed at all. We arranged a private building inspector and he said that the colour would not change because as from the beginning itself the contractor did not put the right sand. We had asked them for a solution to this problem which was to render the front side of the house and they said that this could not be possible. We are devastated to hear this because we had chosen a very expensive and upgraded bricks and the overall finishing of the exterior of the house is very bad quality.

The box gutter near the façade is not professionally fixed and this issue also we mentioned to the maintenance team but we have not received any information, we are still waiting for these problems to be resolved.

Terence and Nissy

Melbourne

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2013

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

My wife and I had been to many builders before freezing on JG King Homes (display homes located at Aurora estate, Epping VIC). And one of the important reasons for that is the salesman [name removed]. For us, he is the face of JG King Homes. He was quick to understand our limitations as first home buyers and guided us diligently. He was friendly, empathetic and took good care of us. Never tried to sell anything that we didn't need. We had discussed the house designs over a dozen sessions and he never made a fuss about it.

He was exceptionally patient and took in to consideration our aspirations for our new home. After we were satisfied with the cost, design and location we had applied for our bank loan pre-approval. [name removed] of Victoria Finance helped us with the whole process. He is an awesome mortgage broker, an amazing person. It was a delight to deal with these two people.

I personally believe, a company/organization is only as good as it's people you deal with. We did have a few hiccups dealing with some other people from JG King. They were more rigid and a bit insensitive. I guess they were not customer focused as they were backend people who deal with contracts/building construction supervision, etc. Having said that, in the larger scheme of things, it has been a good experience. After sales support from [name removed] and [name removed] has been great. They do keep in touch and enquire about the house/mortgage periodically. I would highly recommend JG King Homes if you are building a home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2014

Dream Builders for first home buyers especially

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2016

We had the privilege of building our first home from JG Kings. All credits to our highly talented salesman from Melton Atherton display([name removed]).Initially we were (me and my wife) bit apprehensive about building a home in terms of our budget as it always exceeded once the house is handed over.Well,our sales consultant was quite understanding when we expressed our concern and he quite professionally guided us in a way where we avoided extra expenses but took some of his advises in terms of upgrade,ensuring its the bare minimum and respected our budget.Not only this gentlemen,helped us in finalizing a land lot with pros and cons of other lots (supposedly not part of his job),but just being the first home buyers and understanding our nervousness,he also helped us with few designs as per our requisite and finances mainly which was again done quite professionally by name removed (Victoria Finance).We were quite impressed with our supervisor name removed as well, as his aim was to provide us with a perfect home,free of errors.
Two years have passed,one thing I can definitely witness with my own eyes is that I have not seen any cracks on the wall in my whole house,compared to my friends with wooden frames where the cracks started appearing,in a matter of 6 months time.So Steel frame does make a difference.
Even today,all my concerns with respect to maintenance are dealt quite professionally by administration team and response is provided in time.
Last but not the least,I do recommend name removed to all my friends,just because he understands the customer needs in terms of their budget and design requirement.Forgot to mention I did not get any surprises in terms of extra expenses and I was quite satisfied and happy with my home for the budget,I presented to JG kings.

Thanks once again to the entire team

Regards
Suban & Jossy

5 of 13 pages

Hi can anyone tell me the price difference from H1 TO H2 SLAB for 214 m2 home?

Lisa asked on May 22, 2018

Do they do knock down rebuild?

LukeCollins asked on May 09, 2018

Answer this

I am not sure about it but i think they do

Yes they sure do

Hello all, very concerned about the reviews. Can anyone give feedback on building with JG King in Ballarat? Really want to get some confidence of the group or maybe look for another builder? TIA

Geoff_B asked on May 01, 2018

Answer this

Like wise mate, wouldn't mind hearing from people that have built out of the ballarat office.

My build story JG King.
_________________________________________________________________
I written this post on over the course of my build with an intention of 5 star rating (I am sending it to forums. But will be posting it only 3 months after handover. It’s with JG King now to keep up the 5 star from here as we go into crucial stages of Build.

House: Sage (33.1 Sq) @ Wyndham Vale.
Job Number: 1704MLA586
Construction Start date: October 17
Base Stage: Dec 17
Frame stage: Feb 17
Lockup: Mar 17
Fix out: Apr 17

Given No Driveways, Downlights, flooring , cooling. So expecting a faster finish.

Feedback:
Generally takes a bit of time (I have noticed 3 houses built by JG king) but also depends on your luck (Rocks, Weather and of course tradies)
Quality of construction so far is good (too early to give a credit?) but I like it so far except for the below.
I don’t have much to say about the Carpenter looks like he’s working multiple jobs and working only few hours a day ; made lot of damage to plaster walls while fixing skirting which otherwise is a quality build until then.
In contrary to most feedbacks I will give credit to admin team so far on the responses; I always received a response within 24 hours.

PCI Date: Yet to hear back.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Apr 17 - Booked Deposit

Sales Consultant @ Groove, tarneit was helpful to get the right house of my liking.

I had an irregular block so the sales consultant suggested we can also fit a wide variety of houses and he sent me a list of 7+ designs that would fit on my block. We actually liked the
Sage fit on my block instead though i was thinking of Adelphi 1. Helped me choose the upgrade options carefully with in my budget.

May 17 Contract signing:
Was a good experience i had a list of 20+ items to be changed and the admin consulatnt helped me get all of that and advised few areas where she had concerns.
Ex:
1. Though i wanted a double vanity she advised it will look congested (for few people) on a 33 sq house. But Mrs wanted a double vanity so gone by that.
2. Suggested to get a cavity door for 250$ to avoid visibility WIP as the design had a large open area living for Kitchen , Meals and living.

Signed up for Electricity and Gas with origin with an option i can change it at the end of build and was explained i need to pay for EB, Gas and water during the build.

June 17 Color appointment:
1. Pre-decided from website options and the color appointment was good though I felt a bit rushed but got what I wanted.
2. Changed multiple items with in my budget in during color appointment.

Feedback: Improve online selection tool. Increase color appointment timing. Provide a Visual tool possible for home buyers to see how it looks.

June 17 Further changes:
1. Requested for further changes in electrical and few other options and they were happy to do it as its not structural..
From June to September the fun starts for developer and council Approval. Developer returned the plan more than 5 times to change brick, Facade and Cladding to a point that made me think Who’s paying for the house? In the end I liked another facades and brick (Not an upgrade) so didnt end up in a fight which I was told to be an losing battle as developers guidelines has to be followed.
Developer approval took till September as the approving authority was on vacation. :(
Council approval started shortly after that.
October 17:
All excited for tradies to start which is short lived as we cannot locate the Fourth peg which according to the developer was buried under the fence. But supervisor was not interested taking their words (as mine is irregular block) and wanted the developer to locate the fourth boundary or mark it on the fence else do a re-establishment survey($800-$1000).
Developer was not initially helping saying once the land is settled its my problem and he cant help. But later after product review private compliance they helped but took their time.
My ADVICE TO ANY NEW LAND BUYER IS TO ENSURE YOU HAVE IDENTIFIED ALL 4 BOUNDARY PEGS and no Rocks or Dump on site before you settle your land. After settlement its your problem.

November 17:
Site Cut , Drainage Pipes, Piers and slab preparation.
Hit 20K worth or rocks and was not happy about it. I would strongly recommend JG King to provide a fixed rock prices in their site cost so new home builders are not worried. Its my view that the customer experience will greatly improve with locked in pricing.

December 17:
Slabs poured on Dec 20.
Frames delivered to site but no work happened till Feb 6th. The tradie that supposed complete framing before christmas did not show up and my supervisor has to find a different one after he came back from holidays.

January 18 :
No Work :(

February 18:

Frames Installed, Roof covering, Pipes run through frames.
March 18:
Brickie started laying but then work stopped for almost four weeks.
Rough in wrap around the house complete, heating ducts , solar panels for Hot water installed.
Noticed and reported to supervisor that sliding windows were not closing properly for which he advised he’s aware of and will be fixed when carpenter comes in for doors.

April 16, 2018:
Supervisor and Accounts team advised that they want reverse lockup which is installing the plaster walls prior to external wall cladding is complete. I was initially reluctant but had no choice as the contract had a special clause condition for reverse lockup.
Insulation and Plaster walls are complete the first week of April. And another brickey started from second week of april and almost close to finishing external brick cladding. (as of 16/04/2018)
Cornices complete and carpenter started cutting for doors and cavity sliding doors, electrical wirings were completed
Waiting for the sliding windows to be fixed.
The quality of construction so far seems good.
My supervisor advised that the house should be completed by End of May if tradies show up as expected or can be delayed for a couple of more weeks. Exciting times. Cant wait for handover.

Apr 20 Update:
Batten light points and switch points were cutout for walls and roof. Getting ready for Painting i assume.

As per SS Kitchen and cabinets should have been in by Apr 18 but still not in.
Tiles for wet areas was scheduled for yesterday. Will drop by today to have a look.

Apr 30th Update:
Got the invoice for fix out ; but still skirting and architraves were not done. After I reported the invoice was void and got a new one on May 2nd.

May 5th update:
Carpenter didnot do a good job in my view lot of gaps in windows and made 50+ dings on the plaster wall while moving the skirting. Now poor supervisor has marked all of them (Painful process i believe for the pre-painting guy to address them).
No other work has been done other than skirtings :(.

Will update how it goes.
May 1st and 2nd week:
Not much going on except stonebenchtop ; was advised pre-plastering work will be completed this week. But no signs of tradies @ site until last evening.
BTW SS on leave from 8th to 31st 
Paid fixout with a trust that build will be completed; with only 20K to pay and # of reviews suggesting delays i'm concerned too.

Pending items to my knowledge to get to PCI; Have low confidence it will be done by End of May.
1. Downpipes for Gutters
2. Alfresco, Portico and Verandah ceiling.
3. Garage door to house internal door not fixed, Ensuite toilet door not fixed.
4. Skirtings not fully finished yet( garage and other small areas)
5. Window architraves for one of the windows need to be adjusted.
6. Tilings not started.
7. Concrete slab for Alfresco, Portico , Verandah
8. Door Handles
9. Sliding doors
10. Painting
11. Facade cladding and rendering.
12. Batten lights for kitchen.

am noticing three houses (Mine, My neighbour and other opposite to my rental current house) and all of them follow a similar pattern. Hope this helps in making a decision.

BTW, My neighbour house finish was good...

Look for another builder,beleive these reviews poor workmanship,dishonest and very stressful . biggest mistake i have ever made

See all 102 questions about JG King Homes