Occasionally Jim's Plumbing offers incentives through vouchers to customers encouraging them to write a positive or negative review regarding the service recieved.

Verified Customer

Fast Responsive and stand behind quality of their work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Simon was quick to attend and fixed issues I had with some work Jim's Plumbing had done the week before.
I like that they don't hassle and just get the job done with a smile and helpful information so I could understand the issues. Better still was that because it was a recall it was done no charge :)

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for the positive feedback Andy. Jim's Plumbing 700947

Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Thanks for quick response

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Jims did a good job! And i am really happy with the quick response to any issues that i might have had

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Charged for no service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Called jims plumbing to unblock storm water pipe.quoted a call out fee $73+gst and a price per quarter hour $47+gst. A subcontracted plumber appeared and tried to charge $490+gst plus extra's before starting. Still had to pay $132. Can't say anything good about this experience.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Called them at 11am and he came out in one hour fix the job and did everything asked for awesome pricing high recommend Daniel for your jobs best bloke ever Thanks jims

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Jamal. We are very pleased that you would recommend our services. Jim's Plumbing 698609

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Punctual and very easy to deal with
Liam is great guy and very detail on his works
Recommend this to our family and friends

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your 5 star review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Jim's Plumbing 697699

Outstanding Sevice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

No hot water. After checking the system, our Jim told us it was the gas regulator, after two phone calls to my gas provider I was very frustrated, with no service. I rang our Jim back and with his help; our new regulator is on its way! Very grateful.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your review Linda. We are pleased to hear that we were able to assist you with your gas regulator issue. Jim's Plumbing 697246

Perth

• 7 helpful votes

How To Vacuum Money From Desperate People

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Our chromagen hot water system back up gas booster decided to retire late on a Friday afternoon so I rang a couple of local plumbers who gave me consistent opinions regarding their experiences with this particular brand suggesting that the booster would more than likely need to be replaced but they were more than happy to come and have a look at the unit first thing on Monday, so I resigned myself to the fact that no hot water for a couple of days in June is a harsh reality but one which we could live with.

My wife had a differing opinion on this matter, as any good woman should! They love their hot showers and rightly so. Anyway, in hoping there was a possibility of getting hot water over the weekend, she called out Jim's plumbing who arrived on Saturday morning. Before even having a look at the unit we signed a $110.00 call out fee. After unscrewing the cover plate of the unit and testing the hot water tap in the laundry, we were informed that the unit had indeed given up and needed to be replaced at a cost of $2950!! After politely letting him know that obviously this was not a practical option, he then issued us with the invoice for $315.00 for a total of 45 minutes spent on site and offering us nothing more than the free opinions we had already got from the local plumbers over the phone!

Let's put the 45 minute visit into perspective : $110.00 call out fee and $4.60 per minute thereafter. That's $386.00 per hour for the first hour inclusive of the call out fee and $273.00 per hour thereafter. ABSOLUTELY MIND NUMBING HOURLY RATES!!

My experience?......These guys are smiling assassins arrogantly exploiting the "Emergency Plumber" niche of the market and once on site, go in for the "kill" on replacement products at prices inflated astronomically by thousands of percent above retail!

As a justification to this, I rang a supply and install company who are coming on Tuesday with a superior Japanese made unit @$1100.00 total supply, fit and remove old unit!! A staggering $1850.00 differential from the quote given by Jim's Plumbing. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great plumber

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Had a plumber out who spoke well and was very informative was so happy to be kept informed the while time. Will definitely have them out in the future.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your 5 star review. We look forward to assisting with your future plumbing needs. Jim's Plumbing 695260

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Absolute disgusting service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

We called Jim's plumbing as we had no hot water we had just arrived home from holidays. The plumber was not here for 5 minutes didn't even touch our hot water system, as my husband was with him the whole time, just told us we needed to buy a new solar hart system, also told us the pump had gone and the system which is only 2 years old needed to go. If you don't test it how would he know. He also told us the company which made the hot water system was out of business, that you couldn't get parts for it. Didn't even put a sticker on the hot water system. Charged a total of $469.70 for nothing. When we googled the following day the company is certainly still in business we called them and they came out straight away and fixed the problem. . At a much cheaper cost. We will certainly never recommend this company to anyone.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Prompt service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Happy with the prompt reliable, friendly service. Clean up was great and didn't have to worry about anything at all.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your fantastic review Mike, we appreciate your support. Jim's Plumbing 694501

Honest service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Fast response with well informed plumber who helped me pick what I needed was happy with response time a great job

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for this great review, Megan. As an emergency plumbing company we strive to always have plumbers on standby who are able to attend to your call right away. Jim's Plumbing 693892

Good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

Was quick, Punctual, friendly and very helpful. I would Definitely recommend to others and would use again. Thank you.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Karen, thank you for such a great review. We are so pleased that we were able to assist you with your plumbing issue - Jim's Plumbing 692364

Emergency sewer drain repair

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Adam was really friendly and helpful, did a great job in awesome time! Loads of information was given and I felt comfortable having him in my home.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your fantastic review Erin, we appreciate your support! Jim's Plumbing - 692332

No problem, definitely recommended

• 4 helpful votes

Expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Was here for 55 minutes to fix a blocked underground pipe. Used the machine to try and unblock it. Managed to clear the back up but said we must have a broken pipe. Charged $488 for less than an hours work. $81 call out fee even though it was during the week during working hours. Have since seen other plumbing companies charging $250 to use the same machine. Overpriced.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi IBE, We would love to chat with you in regards to your experience, please provide us with your job number so we can locate you on our system. Regards, Jim's Plumbing

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

We had a gas leak and called the 'gas company', they came and fixed it but two days after we had no hot water. Therefore we called the 'gas company' again and the plumber checked it over and said we just needed a thermalcouple lead which is faulty but because they only repair emergency break downs he told us to get a private plumber.
So the following day we called Jim's Plumbing (BIG AND EXPENSIVE MISTAKE!). I told them what needed to be done as the emergency plumber wrote it down for me. I paid the attendance fee of $80.30 and Jim's Plumbing arrived within 40 minutes. He made me sign a form that every 15 minute block will be charged at $47!
Took out one tool and proceed to complain how 'in his 30 years as plumber he hasn't seen a nut this tight'! He spent full 30 minutes unscrewing this nut even though the plumber before him had the problem sorted in less that 5 minutes. Than he informed me that we needed a new unicontrol as there was no gas going in. That's not what the previous plumber said.
He said the full cost of a fixed price would be $750!!! I had no choice but to agree because by than he was costing me already $174.30.
Took him another 35 minutes to complete the job. He gave me no invoice and when I requested one from the office they sent me a quote! I called again and asked for it to be itemised, this I had to do 5 times!! I still have no warranty on the parts he said I'll get and no Compliance Certificate.
I called Reecce Plumbing to see how much the part were: $45 thermalcouple and $226.85 for the Unicontrol.
That means I paid $478.15 for labour which took him 35 minutes (not counting 30 minutes on a nut he couldn't undo). Reasonable?? No way! Monumental rip off! I would never recommend Jim's Plumbing to anyone and will tell anyone looking for a plumber not to even think about them!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Marly, we are having trouble finding a job that fits this description. Could you please contact the office on 1300 068 480 to discuss this further? Or please provide a job number so we can contact you. Thank you- Jim's Plumbing

Upper Ferntree gully

Verified Customer

Excellent job good fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Called Jim's plumbing cam on time quick clean and fas service diconected our gas oven and relitite our hot water and heating

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your support and feedback Tina! Jim's Plumbing - 690703

Happy Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

From the 3 quotes I got for my hot water heater, Jim’s was the cheapest and the plumber was at my door in about 40 minutes. Great service

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Great to hear .Thank you for your business

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

Liam was fantastic, he was on time and did a great job with no fuss, he had all the material with him and fixed the problem, highly recommend

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Thomas, all of our vans are stocked with the most common parts to ensure that we are able to complete most jobs when attending. We appreciate your support by posting this review! Jim's Plumbing - 690402

Verified Customer

Fast, efficient and informative!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Had a burst water pipe in my bathroom vanity and needed someone to fix urgently. Jim's plumbing was professional and efficient from the handling of my phone call all the way through to completion of the job on site. Simon (plumber) was friendly and very informative. He not only fixed the issue promptly but also pointed out the potential water damage that may have been caused by water seeping through the floorboards which I should consider contacting my insurer about. The original flexi hose under the vanity was bent at an angle which probably contributed to why it burst and Simon went the extra mile to attach an extension so that there wasn't such an angle moving forwards. Thanks Simon for the great work and I would definitely use Jim's again!

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you MonG for such a fantastic review. We pride ourselves on the knowledge and expertise our plumber have on Hot Water Systems and our plumbers are extremely proactive to ensure long term sol... read more »

Verified Customer

The most professional plumber - fast, efficient and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

We called Jim's Plumbing for an emergency job on Sunday as we suspected gas leak in our house. Jim's Plumbing sent the plumber, Liam Arnold, to rectify the problem. He was fast, professional, got the job done efficiently. He delivered! On top of that he explained everything that I needed to know. He also issued a certificate of compliance to guarantee his work. I used many plumbers before, nobody was as professional as this guy. His job gives you peace of mind that you house is safe and job is done properly. I would recommend him to others who need the gas job done. My advice is don't go to those cheap ones that are not trustworthy,. I have learned my lesson. They don't do good job and they are probably not even qualified and you would end up paying even more. Jim's plumbing is definitely the best solution I have found.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Daranee, thank you for your fantastic feedback. A large proportion of our work comes from customers who have returned due to great service or referred customers. We are so pleased we were able... read more »

1 of 26 pages