Occasionally Jim's Plumbing offers incentives through vouchers to customers encouraging them to write a positive or negative review regarding the service recieved.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

I had great service from Jim's plumbing , very professional and timely response. Overall very satisfied. Highly recommended and the overall guidance provided was helpful.

Tap Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Had a leaky tap. Made online booking. Charges $132 for call out and labour. Plumber arrived promptly, very friendly and professional plumber.

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Only for the wealthy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

The issue was the need for emergency replacement of two leaky taps at my son's house in another state. The job was done well and only took half an hour for a charge of $1000. Can't fault the workmanship, however I could have saved $700 If I had taken a plane to fly across, replaced the taps myself and flown back again. I really don't understand how this company gets away with it (except of course that I was stupid enough to agree to the job, not realising how minor it was).

Fixing gas water heater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Matt did an excellent job at reasonable price and fee. I'm very happy of his service and definitely will recommend him.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Junio, thank you so much for the great review, we look forward to helping you in the future if the need arises. Jim's Plumbing 725217

Verified Customer

replace old galv pipe for new copper

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Simon was prompt and started work the following day I placed a call. He was very informative and explained all he was doing and most importantly why. He did a great job. Would recommend him to anyone.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Evan, thank you for the review and positive feedback. We look forward to assisting you in the future. Jim's Plumbing 724827

Melb

• 1 answer

Merry Christmas

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

The positives were they were quick to call back and true to the word of arriving on time.
The serviceman was well mannered and calm, I actually feel for him.

Not sure if the company dictates what happens, but quite literally 5 minutes of work cost $395.

At that rate my paid 7.6hr day I would get $36K, I'm sorry but that is beyond exorbitant.
Because he had to pull out some drain blocking machine thread it down and pull it out, the form signing and pack up took twice as long. I wonder what the cost of the machine outright is, especially as when I asked if this happens again anytime soon? Oh, there is no warranty on blockages. It might be a damaged pipe, would you like a quote on what it might be to fix that.
The website stated these were there normal rates and not higher due to Christmas. So merry Christmas from Jim's Plumbing. My lesson here is to read the reviews before agreeing to the service. In hindsight, I probably could have got a long bit of plastic feeding material and had a crack myself. But the ransom of Christmas day had the pressure on. When I looked up on the website initially there was an offer of a $50. When I rang to ask about this I was told to submit it, however, the small print did say you must qualify. Have a guess what made us bit qualify, a fixed price quote. The same one that I asked if I could choose not to use.
Oh well you live and learn hey. It's just frustrating.
After writing the review we were asked if we wanted someone to resolve the issue. The person only wanted to talk to the person named on the receipt even after they were told the other person would be able to explain better. After looking on the computer they determined they the plumber was on site for two unit, which I understand to be 15 minutes each. So they could refund us $100.
As we explained on the phone it is better than nothing.
For mine, the total cost should have been about $120, possibly a max of $160 if the clock clicked to 16mins and we were charged the next 15 minute unit.

Fast and professional!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Simon came out for Jim’s plumbing. He was on time, came up with a solution within 2 minutes of looking at the problem and was done in under half an hour. He was very friendly and cleaned up the area afterwards. Couldn’t have asked for better and now I can use my washing machine again! :)

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Tori, thank you for the fantastic feedback. We take pride in our work and our professional plumbers. Jim's Plumbing 724538

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Did absolutely nothing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

$132 dollars charge just for a quote. Took 2 mins of work wow really? Don't waste your time they take a arm and a leg.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Jay, could you please provide the job number and your best contact number. Regards, Jim's Plumbing

Only have picture of the bottom receipt. Kwongj81@gmail.com

perth

• 2 comments
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer

$1080 to supply and install a $177 toilet.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Shop around before engaging Jim's Plumbing to do any work. I recently had them supply and install a toilet that retails at Bunnings for $177. I highly recommend that you check out what your local plumber can do for you price wise before engaging Jim's Plumbing to carry out any work for you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Good morning, could you please provide the job number this relates to and your best contact number. Regards Jim's Plumbing

Fabulous and fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Tyson was super helpful and retrieved my wedding ring so quickly - highly recommend this service! The entire experience was easy and efficient.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Lisa, thank you for taking the time to post a great review. We are extremely happy we were able to help. Jim's Plumbing 724240

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Helpful staff in great manner; quick response and timely service; will call again next time and recommend to friends and colleagues

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Andy, thank you for the great review and 5 star rating. It's great we were able to assit and resolve your issue. Jim's Plumbing 723578

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Plumber good, Jim bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2018

The plumber that came out was OK even though he did not turn up with everything he needed to do the job.

Jims booking process however is dodgy and anti competitive. They bait you in with cheap sounding prices, however they dont explain that as soon as anything more than a plunge or auger is used, it will cost several hundred more. In my case I knew exactly what my issue was and explained it at the time of calling, but was still given a misleading quote nor the likely extra charges explained

They do this because when the plumber is already at your house, you're far more likely to just accept regardless. If they were more upfront on the phone, people could actually shop around and find a better deal. I was quoted the exact same price by a local plumber that my booking with Jim ended up coming to, but did not go with him as I found it initially more expensive than Jims. However, now I realise that I missed out on hiring someone more professional and honest rather than sleezy old Jim.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Daniel, could you please provide the job number this relates to and your best contact number. Regards Jim's Plumbing

Very thorough job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

The plumber was on time and very polite. He did a great job and persevered until the solution was found. He even cleaned up afterwards!

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Absolute rip off !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

The job was a simple tap refit. Needed a grubscrew that he said would need to be custom made. In the end he just refitted the tap for an astronomical $ 183 ( call out 73 plus 2 units of 15 mts each). The plumber's attitude was patronizing bordering on rude. Never again will I ever go to Jims Plumbing.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bullengarook

• 7 helpful votes

Total ripoff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

We had a broken copper pipe. Plumber called out put brass T fitting in. Call out fee, labour, brass T fitting and admin cost was $666.00 I worked out labour time was 2 hours and 15 minutes. I wasn't there, someone was, but 2.15 hours seems a long time to do this job. Plumber obviously very slow or wasting time. Invoice did not show hours worked.
Very dodgy, I am not impressed and totally disgusted. I will never use Jim's Plumbing again.

• 1 question

Triples the price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

I had read bad reviews for Jim's Plumming, but as most business have bad reviews I took the chance. I was given a $73 call out and $47 per 15 minutes from the call centre for a blocked kitchen sink. The plumber was on time, friendly and professional. I gave him a run down on the problem and he then changed the price to $395 all inclusive. If I didn't agree to this he would not do the job & I would be out the $73 call out fee. So I was stuck with this price. Guess what? It took him 15 minutes to unblock. $395 for 15 minutes!! Rip off. And he told me his last job was in the next suburb, so no travel time for him. No one could justify this price.

Carlton

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Had no clue what he was doing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

The water heater had been off for a couple or days but was working fine previously. On the plumbers assessment he said i needed a new thermostat for $800, i declined as this is way too much and was whacked with a $250 bill for turning up and doing nothing. As soon as he left we let the gas run for a bit and got it working ourselves. They guy didn’t give a damn or even care to think of an alternative solution. Will never be using Jim’s again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Jess, we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and try resolve this, we attempted to call and left a message. Could you please call back on 1300068480 and quote your job number. Regards, Jim's Plumbing 719620

Called back, you were not available and told you would call back. Still waiting for a call. Cheers.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Absolute total rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

On the credit side they were prompt but that’s as far as it goes. The thermostat on my hot water service had seized and was inoperable which I knew that’s why I contacted Jim’s Plumbing. I was quoted $800 to replace the thermostat and because the unit was 15 years old I asked for a quote to replace the whole unit which they quoted $2850. I had the unit replaced (exactly the same one) for $1551 almost half the cost by Shinners Plumbing in Dandenong who also told me that the thermostat costs about $200 and Jim’s Plumbing we’re going to charge me $600 for a 20 minute replacement job.
Jim charges you $73 just for the phone call and the plumber who turns up $47 for each 15 minutes. This company is a joke and an expensive one at that so do not ever ever ever call these people.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Ian, we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further, could you please call through 1300068480 and quote your job number. Regards, Jim's Plumbing 718927

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Ripped off service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

The Hot water service at my home had stopped working so I call Jims Plumbing.
The plumber advised that the gas control alve needs to be replace with fixed price $800.
I called another local plumber to double check and to my surprise, the hot water unit is working well, just the gas control alve pipe is lose, and the plumber just tight it up.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Hannah, we would like to try resolve this with you. Could you please call on 1300068480 and quote your job number. Regards, Jim's Plumbing 714109

Melbourne

$750 to fix pipe. Blocked again less than 2 months later and no warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

My toilet sewage pipe was blocked and Jim's charged $750 to unblock it. Two months later it is blocked again and I am told they will charge again. These guys fail to do the job properly the first time then want charge to come back out do it right. Avoid at all cost.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Our charge of $750 included digging up and replacing a three metre section of sewer pipe and clearing the drain. Our plumber documented no warranty on the invoice as the drain was not installed to ... read more »

1 of 28 pages