Occasionally Jim's Plumbing offers incentives through vouchers to customers encouraging them to write a positive or negative review regarding the service recieved.

Great work. Nice bloke.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

The plumber was on time and enthusiastic. Worked consistently at the job. Job was done to a high standard. Thank you.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for the feedback and great review Alberta. Regards, Jim's Plumbing 714788

Matty Rocks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Excellent work, came quickly, issue resolved. The work was explained to us in a professional manner so we knew what we were paying for.

Verified Customer

Great service and solved the problem at Low cost.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Great service and solved the problem at Low cost. Would use again. Other plumber tried to get us to a buy a new system not needed.

Verified Customer

Very good service - prompt and professional

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Rang to book for blocked drain -easy to arrange a time convenient for me. No fuss. Prices quoted over phone. Matty came promptly first thing. Located and fixed the problem and was professional and upfront about costs and any further issues. Would recommend him and Jim's plumbing- if a bit pricey.

Verified Customer

I feel like they stole from me.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Agreed a call out fee and 15 min rate. Was expensive but thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Described the job and made sure they would have the right equipment. When they turned up the plumber quoted a new hourly rate of $490 from his laminated sheet. I said I would query this with their office and the plumber said he was “on the clock”. After politely sending him on his way (he apologised and said this happens all the time) without doing the job they then invoiced me for the time I was on the phone to them as well as the call out fee. I submitted a complaint and was told it was a fixed fee. How is an hourly charge a fixed fee? I had agreed to a rate already. They already quoted an hourly charge. In my opinion this is deceptive behaviour and they should not be allowed to get away with it. I will go to the ACCC and small claims court. It will cost more than $130 that they took. But we need to take a stand and stop others being misled.

Verified Customer

DON'T HIRE JIM'S PLUMBING EVER!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

It's really a rip off. Not even lifting a finger they charged me $80 for the booking. When the plumber arrived, he only gave me a quote of $3950 to replace the leaking hot water solar panel without even climbing up the roof. In total it costs me an additional $103 on top of the $80 without him doing anything. I put a one star because there's no lower than that.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Called yesterday to clear a drain blockage outside and James D QLD came out the next day and was amazing. He was thorough, professional and moved at a very impressive pace. He did his job and he did it well. I was so impressed and will be recommending Jim/James to anyone that will listen.

Another ripped off customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I called Jim’s to change my hot water tank. I’m a Tradie to, so know a little bit. Got told on the phone $110 call out fee and $59 per 15 minutes.
So I asked can the operator give me a price over the phone for the change over considering I already told her the problem and what I need, where she told me the plumber has to check and give me a price, she doesn’t have prices (what a joke) easy way to get the call out fee and rip people blind.
So the plumber turns up, I tell him what I need and he QUOTES me $3800 for a 160 litre tank, the same as mine.
You can get a tank from anywhere for $800-$900,
Where is Jim’s pulling the other $3000 from, daylight robbery.
I will never call Jim’s again or recommend them

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Had to get my hot water service replaced on Sunday. I understand there are callout fees and Overtime charges but to pay almost $4K for a hot water service retailing for $715 is an absolute rip off. How stupid am I? So the sums are: 3 hours work at about $900/hr! Off to the Dept of Fair Trade I go...

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I wanted a china cistern but was told because I had a "bottom inlet" that I had to go with a plastic one .( I have since found out that that is not the case ,I was misinformed. So a standard caroma was installed. after a few weeks I noticed that it was coming away from the wall and a chunk of plastic several cm large was missing from the back at the side of the top. , It had been installed that way and they did come out and replace the top and put a couple of short screws into the plaster to hold it in position .A few months later and I have had to put longer screws in myself as a screw in 1cm of plaster will not hold anything for long , The workmanship is shoddy and it was deceitful to install a broken top. This average plastic cistern cost me $695.00 to install. and I had wanted a ceramic one not plastic.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi John, could you please provide the job number this relates to and your best contact number. Regards, Jim's Plumbing

Job # 672815

Good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Had a faulty mixer valve in a difficult to get location. Got the job done, happy with the next day service, also took the opportunity to change the pressure valve on the hot water system. Some say pricey, but each of the elements were quoted in advanced so you know what your up for and work guaranteed.

Extremely deceitful pricing policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Called them for a blocked drain and was quoted $73 call out plus $47 per 15 mins. Sounded expensive but OK. Should have been suspicious of the way they tried to make me pay the call out fee on the phone. When the guy came, he made me sign something before he even entered the house saying I agreed with their costs, - and then another section which included a clause about agreeing to the terms and conditions available on their website, which obviously, I didn't have time to access before signing.
When he assessed the job, he showed me a list saying the machine he needed to use would cost $490 per part of an hour. He refused to let me take a photo of the list.
I told him I thought it was very deceitful pricing and I did not want him to do the job and would not pay any more than the $73 callout fee. He told me I had to pay GST on that and that the receipt would be emailed to me. I took a photo of the receipt on his iPad and after he had gone, realised the receipt was only for $73, not the $80.30 I had paid. They never emailed the receipt to me.
Very disappointed as I had previously thought Jim's was a reputable company.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi K D, can you please provide the job number this relates to so we can assist. Kind Regards Jim's Plumbing

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Daylight Robbery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Called the Jim's Plumbing telephone number and told $73 call out fee and $45 per 15 minutes rate to change the washer in the tap. Shortly before coming telephone call to say plumber is coming in a pink van. Pink van was 'Female Choice' and Plumber told me he was part of Jim's Plumbing and showed me the price list. Changing the washer was priced at $390 and the whole set for $420 according to the price list. Because of my ignorance I got ripped off by paying three times the plumbing rate. Will always check reviews from now on.

Perth

Crap Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Needed a Plumber to clear a blocked kitchen drain. Asked for a quote. Quoted $500 !! What a rip-off. Told to leave but he came back later and caused some property damage. Will never use Jims again. We had another plumber come in and clear the blocked drain for $140. He was great. People, never use Jim's plumbing they really are a big rip-off in Western Australia.

East Perth

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Got someone to come and replace our hot water heater element. The guy said he must replace the thermostat as well because it's about to die anyway...Call out fee $120 + $59 for him to double check if the element was gone (which I told him anyway already). He said in total it would cost me ~$750 minus call out fee!!!!!!! There's no way I was going to pay that, I could buy the whole new water heater for that money!!!!!!
Got a quote from different company, guy came out and said that thermostat was OKAY and replaced the element only, total $250.

I feel like I just threw $180 in the bin. We are young couple and only one of us is working full time, we cant afford to spend money like that. Also they didn't give me a quote over the phone, now I know why...

I'm beyond disappointed.

Rip Off. Never get my business again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Arrived 1hr 20min late., got me to sign as soon as he got here, said their policy was to change 2 main things but not just one...charged too much.
Unsatisfied Customer.

Treatment service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Fantastic job thanks to Daniel very happy with prompt efficient service, very knowledgeable & friendly, will definitely use service again

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for the fantastic review Leanne. We look forward to helping you in the future. Jim's Plumbing 708634

My pleasure

Excellent and friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Brody from Jim's Plumbing Perth was very efficient and explained everything professionally. I was very happy with the service and highly recommend the company.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for the great review Melanie and we look forward to assisting you in the future. Jim's Plumbing 705354

Camberwell VIC

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Expensive, not fixing the problem

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

The plumber came to fix a blocked stormwater pipe. He used the Hydro-Jet Drain machine to try to unblock it. After 15 minutes said he had cleared the blockage and began packing up. I asked him to stay back and make sure it was properly cleared. Evidently, it was not. He used the machine again but could not be able to clear it. Charged me for $490 for not fixing the problem. He said he needed a CCTV camera to find out what wrong with the pipe before fixing it. The quote is $400 for the use CCTV plus whatever on top what needed to fix the blockage, i.e $490 for the hydro jet. I have since searched for other plumbing companies, there is one would charge a fixed price of $350 to fix and with the use of the CCTV camera. Expensive, incompetent repair from Jim's plumbing, a very unhappy customer.

Comments

Thanks for this Product Review Jim's plumbing sent a person out with the camera to check the blockage without charge. It's unfortunately due to previous days' wet weather the camera did not work we... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Tried to charge me $395 for a $130 job !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I contacted Jim’s plumbing with a view of obtaining a competitive price, efficient service and a good job. I was left very disappointed, As I was doing the school run, I arranged for the plumber to arrive between the hours of 330-630pm, the plumber rang me at 3pm and appeared upset that I wasn’t at home, I reiterated I was doing the school run, again he seemed perturbed and then proceeded to give me a ridiculous price on clearing a shower recess, $395 ! I explained to him that it wasn’t my fault he came early and to quote me a ridiculous price was just rude, just be honest and tell me that he didn’t want to do the job. I have since contacted Alliance plumbing who arrived on time, provided excellent service and did a remarkable Job for a third of Jim’s plumbing quote. My advice is stay well away from all Jim’s services.

1 of 27 pages