Occasionally Jim's Plumbing offers incentives through vouchers to customers encouraging them to write a positive or negative review regarding the service recieved.

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Got someone to come and replace our hot water heater element. The guy said he must replace the thermostat as well because it's about to die anyway...Call out fee $120 + $59 for him to double check if the element was gone (which I told him anyway already). He said in total it would cost me ~$750 minus call out fee!!!!!!! There's no way I was going to pay that, I could buy the whole new water heater for that money!!!!!!
Got a quote from different company, guy came out and said that thermostat was OKAY and replaced the element only, total $250.

I feel like I just threw $180 in the bin. We are young couple and only one of us is working full time, we cant afford to spend money like that. Also they didn't give me a quote over the phone, now I know why...

I'm beyond disappointed.

Rip Off. Never get my business again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Arrived 1hr 20min late., got me to sign as soon as he got here, said their policy was to change 2 main things but not just one...charged too much.
Unsatisfied Customer.

Treatment service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Fantastic job thanks to Daniel very happy with prompt efficient service, very knowledgeable & friendly, will definitely use service again

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for the fantastic review Leanne. We look forward to helping you in the future. Jim's Plumbing 708634

My pleasure

Verified Customer

unqualified service with extremely high charge- very disappoint.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

We got blocked toilet drain slow issue 3 days ago, booked with the Jims Plumbing - Damian to inspect the problem. Call centre from [name removed] recommends they can book it for me on next day morning call out charge $73 and took 15mins ( extra $47 to identify the problem - External rear of the property left-hand side needs the hydro jet reel. He offered the fixed price $490 per hour for hydro jet service+extra charge for every 15 mins. ( customer have no rights to choice 1/4 rates). We refused the Price and organize local plumbing($100 fees only, and identify the problem from Yarra Water-the main Sewer Block. Yarra Water carried the service without any charge on the same day (due to the main pipe block, not any problems from property left-hand-side.
I believe, the Jim Plumbing did not even exam the main sewer behind the easement, Offer the extremely high cost for some problems never have at all.!
This is the worse experience I had with Jim, (use to be very affordable ). please make sure you know how much they are going to charge you before you book the service. or find PLUMBING WITH BETTER EXPERIENCE!

Excellent and friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Brody from Jim's Plumbing Perth was very efficient and explained everything professionally. I was very happy with the service and highly recommend the company.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for the great review Melanie and we look forward to assisting you in the future. Jim's Plumbing 705354

Camberwell VIC

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Expensive, not fixing the problem

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

The plumber came to fix a blocked stormwater pipe. He used the Hydro-Jet Drain machine to try to unblock it. After 15 minutes said he had cleared the blockage and began packing up. I asked him to stay back and make sure it was properly cleared. Evidently, it was not. He used the machine again but could not be able to clear it. Charged me for $490 for not fixing the problem. He said he needed a CCTV camera to find out what wrong with the pipe before fixing it. The quote is $400 for the use CCTV plus whatever on top what needed to fix the blockage, i.e $490 for the hydro jet. I have since searched for other plumbing companies, there is one would charge a fixed price of $350 to fix and with the use of the CCTV camera. Expensive, incompetent repair from Jim's plumbing, a very unhappy customer.

Comments

Thanks for this Product Review Jim's plumbing sent a person out with the camera to check the blockage without charge. It's unfortunately due to previous days' wet weather the camera did not work we... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Tried to charge me $395 for a $130 job !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I contacted Jim’s plumbing with a view of obtaining a competitive price, efficient service and a good job. I was left very disappointed, As I was doing the school run, I arranged for the plumber to arrive between the hours of 330-630pm, the plumber rang me at 3pm and appeared upset that I wasn’t at home, I reiterated I was doing the school run, again he seemed perturbed and then proceeded to give me a ridiculous price on clearing a shower recess, $395 ! I explained to him that it wasn’t my fault he came early and to quote me a ridiculous price was just rude, just be honest and tell me that he didn’t want to do the job. I have since contacted Alliance plumbing who arrived on time, provided excellent service and did a remarkable Job for a third of Jim’s plumbing quote. My advice is stay well away from all Jim’s services.

Fast friendly reliable service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Needed an afterhours plumber, Jim’s had a lower after hours call out fee than competitors. Did not have to wait long, and job was finished in an efficient and fast manner. Would highly recommend.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Hi Jaci
We appreciate your feedback and rating, could you please provide the job number this relates to?
Jim"s Plumbing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

Our Jim's man arrived exactly on time. He assessed the problem and then clearly explained all options and costs. Great worker, great service and excellent all round.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for the great review and we look forward to assisting you in the future. Jim's Plumbing 703002

Verified Customer

Fast Responsive and stand behind quality of their work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Simon was quick to attend and fixed issues I had with some work Jim's Plumbing had done the week before.
I like that they don't hassle and just get the job done with a smile and helpful information so I could understand the issues. Better still was that because it was a recall it was done no charge :)

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for the positive feedback Andy. Jim's Plumbing 700947

Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Thanks for quick response

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Jims did a good job! And i am really happy with the quick response to any issues that i might have had

Adelaide

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Charged for no service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Called jims plumbing to unblock storm water pipe.quoted a call out fee $73+gst and a price per quarter hour $47+gst. A subcontracted plumber appeared and tried to charge $490+gst plus extra's before starting. Still had to pay $132. Can't say anything good about this experience.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Called them at 11am and he came out in one hour fix the job and did everything asked for awesome pricing high recommend Daniel for your jobs best bloke ever Thanks jims

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Jamal. We are very pleased that you would recommend our services. Jim's Plumbing 698609

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Punctual and very easy to deal with
Liam is great guy and very detail on his works
Recommend this to our family and friends

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your 5 star review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Jim's Plumbing 697699

Outstanding Sevice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

No hot water. After checking the system, our Jim told us it was the gas regulator, after two phone calls to my gas provider I was very frustrated, with no service. I rang our Jim back and with his help; our new regulator is on its way! Very grateful.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your review Linda. We are pleased to hear that we were able to assist you with your gas regulator issue. Jim's Plumbing 697246

Perth

• 11 helpful votes

How To Vacuum Money From Desperate People

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Our chromagen hot water system back up gas booster decided to retire late on a Friday afternoon so I rang a couple of local plumbers who gave me consistent opinions regarding their experiences with this particular brand suggesting that the booster would more than likely need to be replaced but they were more than happy to come and have a look at the unit first thing on Monday, so I resigned myself to the fact that no hot water for a couple of days in June is a harsh reality but one which we could live with.

My wife had a differing opinion on this matter, as any good woman should! They love their hot showers and rightly so. Anyway, in hoping there was a possibility of getting hot water over the weekend, she called out Jim's plumbing who arrived on Saturday morning. Before even having a look at the unit we signed a $110.00 call out fee. After unscrewing the cover plate of the unit and testing the hot water tap in the laundry, we were informed that the unit had indeed given up and needed to be replaced at a cost of $2950!! After politely letting him know that obviously this was not a practical option, he then issued us with the invoice for $315.00 for a total of 45 minutes spent on site and offering us nothing more than the free opinions we had already got from the local plumbers over the phone!

Let's put the 45 minute visit into perspective : $110.00 call out fee and $4.60 per minute thereafter. That's $386.00 per hour for the first hour inclusive of the call out fee and $273.00 per hour thereafter. ABSOLUTELY MIND NUMBING HOURLY RATES!!

My experience?......These guys are smiling assassins arrogantly exploiting the "Emergency Plumber" niche of the market and once on site, go in for the "kill" on replacement products at prices inflated astronomically by thousands of percent above retail!

As a justification to this, I rang a supply and install company who are coming on Tuesday with a superior Japanese made unit @$1100.00 total supply, fit and remove old unit!! A staggering $1850.00 differential from the quote given by Jim's Plumbing. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great plumber

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Had a plumber out who spoke well and was very informative was so happy to be kept informed the while time. Will definitely have them out in the future.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your 5 star review. We look forward to assisting with your future plumbing needs. Jim's Plumbing 695260

• 1 review
  • 8 helpful votes

Absolute disgusting service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

We called Jim's plumbing as we had no hot water we had just arrived home from holidays. The plumber was not here for 5 minutes didn't even touch our hot water system, as my husband was with him the whole time, just told us we needed to buy a new solar hart system, also told us the pump had gone and the system which is only 2 years old needed to go. If you don't test it how would he know. He also told us the company which made the hot water system was out of business, that you couldn't get parts for it. Didn't even put a sticker on the hot water system. Charged a total of $469.70 for nothing. When we googled the following day the company is certainly still in business we called them and they came out straight away and fixed the problem. . At a much cheaper cost. We will certainly never recommend this company to anyone.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Prompt service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Happy with the prompt reliable, friendly service. Clean up was great and didn't have to worry about anything at all.

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for your fantastic review Mike, we appreciate your support. Jim's Plumbing 694501

Honest service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Fast response with well informed plumber who helped me pick what I needed was happy with response time a great job

Comments
Jim’s Plumbing Official

Thank you for this great review, Megan. As an emergency plumbing company we strive to always have plumbers on standby who are able to attend to your call right away. Jim's Plumbing 693892

1 of 26 pages