Model: HOTTAP Date Purchased: Oct 2018

At last

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

"In the past I have purchased two other brands of hot water service units and ultimately they have been unreliable and complicated to use. I have also bought three different pumps to try and trip these units into starting on low pressure. I was recommended the Joolca hot tap and pump by a friend and haven’t looked back. This unit works and is easy to use. Wish I had bought one sooner."

Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Nov 2018

By far the best hot water system on the market

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

The unit is by far the best on the market the water pressure and temperature are very consistent and easy to use
It starts up immediately and takes only a few seconds to reach temperature
All around this is an outstanding product that is far above the rest and I've used a few

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Feb 2017

best system ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

one of my friends bought this system for our trip through central Australia we were away for 4 months last time we did this trip we had to boil water but this system made it so much easier with 25 of us it worked real well so well that when we got home 3 or 4 others have bought one themselves no matter how hard we used it kept delivering and delivering well i personally would give it a 100 stars but alas it only goes up to 5 stars well done and thanks and i will soon be buying one for my local scout group

Verified Purchase Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

My wife and I used the HOTTAP Outing last weekend. Worked well, even with poor water pressure, instant hot water, only problem was wind blowing out flame, contacted Joolca and was given friendly advice how to remedy the problem from Cameron. Highly recommend this product. Have just purchased one of the shower tents."

Perfect piece of engineering

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Great piece of engineering, Wife extremely happy with her hot shower last weekend camping by a river.
Light weight , recommend getting the carry case keeping everything in a well made protective bag.
All the inlet hoses , gas fittings hoses and 12V pump for off grid are quality made.

Campers look no further for your hot water solution !

Model: HOTTAP Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Buy one, you won't regret it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Bought this Hottap for camping and are most impressed by it. Set it up at home to test, very simple and quick. I also purchased the quick disconnect for the gas line, well worth the money. This will be absolutely brilliant for camping, not only for showers but for doing the dishes, and hosing down our dogs if they get into some muck.

• 1 helpful vote

Model: HOTTAP Date Purchased: Aug 2018

great concept - damn the bureaucrats

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Really love the quality and price. Pity the politicians have limited the heat for the peasant showers.

I have read a few people having issues with the wind - I went to a demo yard and bought an old house power box for $10 - cut a rectange in the bottom for the unit to sit in and added a few vents and problem solved

Goolwa

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Meh,ok,just not hot enough

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Sold mine,gone back to boiling water,,unfortunately and I believe due to government regulations the max heat is 50c and when it reaches this it cuts out,so you have to turn off tap,turn it on again to get the burners to fire up,Its a PITA.50c is not hot enough to cut through bbq greased up dishes either,Joolca proudly spruik this as a safety feature so not to burn children or animals,lol.Most household gas hot water heaters are 60 or 65c,its that little bit extra that makes all the difference.

Cold water from a stream will only just get hot enough so you aint shivering and really cold water you still need to cycle the water twice,this then creates the problem of adjusting the settings from inside the tent so the unit doesnt cut out.The automatic cut out really is annoying,With the burners on full bore and the flow rate on the minimum,you will get a comfortable shower with average temp tap water,just dont think you are getting the heat you will from your house hot water system.

On the plus,all the fittings,hoses,pumps are of good quality and didnt leak or fail.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Joolca Official

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your review, you've raised some legitimate points there. You're right that the 50C cut-off is a safety feature that is part of the regulations. I'm not saying we would want ... read more »

Thankyou for your reply and explanations,i hope in future the govt authority can be a bit more flexible and up it to 60c or 55c just for that wiggle room.yes i think its over governed nonsense and ... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Very Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Hi Cam/Joolca,
Sandy and I bought the shower/toilet pop up tent/ensuite and the HotTap. Full setup for the temporary/permanent bathroom we have built on this farm we a staying on. We have tried a few of the other types in our travels (pop ups, the Cube, singles, double ensuites ect) but the Joolca ensuite is the best we have come across. There was a very small manufacturing fault with one of the pop out buttons on one of the poles and we weren't going to worry about it coz it was all set up but when this was mentioned to Cam at Joolca he was so helpful and just couldn't accept that there was a small problem and offered a full new frame for the ensuite. We were truly amazed!! He sent us a whole new frame for the ensuite and we received it by express post in just days. This is the type of review I read before buying and that is why we bought from Joolca. This company has top of the range quality products much better than we have found previously with the best customer service I have ever encountered. Buy your products from Joolca! You will be very happy you did. We will always continue to buy from Joolca. And if you do you will find excellence in product and outstanding service like you've never seen before. We rate Joolca as a "Number One" company and product. As you may notice we are so happy we found Joolca for our ensuite needs. Thanks Cam/Joolca. You are the best!!
Very happy customers,
Jeremy&Sandy.

Sydney

• 2 answers

Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Product but have to keep out of a small breeze

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I had no issue using the Hottap straight out of the box. It is simple to set up. Used it a few times using mains water. However took it camping to use with a pump and went through all water trying to get it to stay lit due to the breeze. So tip is make it breeze proof by taping up vents.
Good service by Joolca.

Redland bay

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Excellent system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Used it for the first time over the long weekend. It is simply great, having a hot shower after a hard day in the dust and the ability to wash your dishes in hot water can never be understated.
Used the system to shower and wash up after meals. So easy and convenient.

Verified Purchase Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Oct 2018

A great camp product for people and animals.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

We purchased from Bunnings. Congrats on staff member. He knew his stuff. Awesome to connect. Very quick n easy. I have washed the sausage dogs so far and they love it. We are yet to test it in the winter camping. I think it will be perfect. Just need to remember that it is an outdoor shower, so don’t expect your normal household shower capabilities.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Great unit recommend it to anyone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Great unit recommend it to anyone
The Joolca hot water system is great easy to set up and the controls for the water flow and the heat settings are a breeze to use, the only down side is if there is a slight breeze it puts the flame out which is a a real crap when you are half way through having a shower, apart from that it is a terrific unit and I would recommend it to anyone.

Finally!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Finally got one!!!
Amazing product. So happy with it.
The unit provides consistent hot water and starts automatically whenever the tap is turned on. I chose to mount my unit on a revivalist trolly and strap a bbq gas bottle underneath just to make it that bit easier to move around.
I now have hot water on demand, anywhere I go.
Definitely recommend this product to anyone requiring hot water in a camping or off-grid situation.
Absolutely love it!!!

Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Simple to set up and get going. Produced plenty of hot water. Tried it 1st in winter with the input water pretty cold so struggled to get it quite hot enough, but the instructions and help were all very clear. Great product, and would be even better if they could solve that issue. Very entertaining email reply as well.

Model: HOTTAP Date Purchased: Sep 2018

HOT water quick and easy!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

For such a low price I was very impressed. The build quality seems excellent. We have a place that is prone to power cuts etc and this product is as important as a generator to me. I am going to build an outside shower and REALLY impress the neighbours! The dogs love the heated washes too.

Model: HOTTAP Date Purchased: Mar 2017

HOTTAP on a Half Lap : Did a fantastic job !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

We have just completed a three month half lap of Australia and have a Joolca Hottap mounted on the A Frame of a Jayco Swan Outback. The unit is protected with a standard Joolca cover. The main use of the Hottap was for washing the dishes however we did use the shower when no facilities were available at a National Park. Overall the Hottap performed very well and is also robust, we were driving mainly on bitumen but did many kilometres on gravel corrugated roads and the Hottap was not affected.
Initially we did have some problems with ignition due to low water flow, this was usually at Caravan Parks etc with gravity flow water supply, we countered this using our water tank pump to increase flow, the temperature was consistently over 40 degrees. During our trip we set up camp 44 times and adjusting the Hottap was part of our procedure, varying water flows required some tweaking of the Hottap adjustment dial which took a few minutes so only a minor inconvenience.
Our main concern was performance on windy days and we had a few of these the South West on the way home. The Hottap would ignite and begin to heat the water but a wind gust would extinguish the flame. We have read of wind guards that some people now use or even blocking the side vents as a remedy. We will investigate these solutions a bit more and find a good fix.
Overall, a fantastic addition to our kit, it may not be perfect for everyone but it is perfect for us, thank you Joolca

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Absolutely fantastic, great to come back to camp and have hot shower, kept up to all six of us, beats boiling the pot for showers. Wouldn’t go without it. Not to mention the joolca shower is perfect. Don’t forget to keep the filters clean at all times, this creates to hot shower being not enough water flow, we had this happen on Fraser, do to minute particles in filter, after cleaning back to being perfect. Thanks Joolca. Made for a great fishing holiday. Easy to assemble shower and hot water.

Model: HOTTAP OUTING Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Disappointed!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Brought it because of hearing good reviews and seeing them everywhere.. to be honest it’s a price of junk.. set it up properly got 2 good showers the first night.. second night wouldn’t go above 30 degrees.. got a full gas bottle and clean water tank.. pumps already stopped working.. it’s 3 days old.. upset is an understatement compared to the wife’s thoughts!!

Comments
Joolca Official

Hi Matt, I have reached out to both yourself and your wife (review above) yesterday via Private Message. Please reply with your contact information so that I can reach out and get this fixed up fo... read more »

Hi Matt,

Just following up, I've sent you a PM about a week ago but haven't heard back. If you see this message please reach out to me so that I can fix everything up for you.

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Wow what an awesome system, absolutely love it, so easy to set up and have hot water when ever you want, we used to boil saucepan's to have a shower when camping now we have instant hot water when ever we want. Thank you for creating this awesome system and we are looking forward to having many great trips away

1 of 10 pages